Type keyword(s) to search

Whitney Thore: So She Thinks She Can Dance

• Start Topic

Now that I think about it I think the Brazilian may have been suggested by production to obtain a sound file of her screeching as the process was underway. Chances are, that she could only stand a few seconds of discomfort so they stopped recording.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I honestly am curious how she survived ( although I picture her bawling like at the 8K ) the Hawaii flights which is about 10 hours and the Alaska flights. Granted I know she has to have 2 seats and a belt extender, but her belly would be basically shoved up her nostrils  

Probably broken into segments, plus flying first class? I know I'm half her size (plus taller but still not tall) and I have my knees in my ears in coach.

17 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Probably broken into segments, plus flying first class? I know I'm half her size (plus taller but still not tall) and I have my knees in my ears in coach.

I don't know about TLC springing for 1st class, maybe...I guess if I was a paying passenger in that compartment, I would want my money back if I had to listen to her talking/laughing at all. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I don't know about TLC springing for 1st class, maybe...I guess if I was a paying passenger in that compartment, I would want my money back if I had to listen to her talking/laughing at all. 

I'm thinking that everyone else, Buddy, Babs, etc., got put into coach but Whit got the first-class seat treatment so she could fly in comfort at her size for such a long trip. I suspect this because she didn't take one of her usual selfies in her plane seat which she often does when she's in coach. It would be embarrassing even for her to show off her first class seat while not being able to include the rest of her entourage in the shot.

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, tdanaher said:

I'm thinking that everyone else, Buddy, Babs, etc., got put into coach but Whit got the first-class seat treatment so she could fly in comfort at her size for such a long trip. I suspect this because she didn't take one of her usual selfies in her plane seat which she often does when she's in coach. It would be embarrassing even for her to show off her first class seat while not being able to include the rest of her entourage in the shot.

Well she is a superstar... in her own mind

17 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

She's a legend to last a lunchtime. 

well she will tell you she only eats one meal a day, dinner ,  didn't she post something on her soshul media stating she "fed herself"  not too long ago

Edited by Mahamid Frauded Me
because I suck at spelling
  • Love 1

I decided life's too short to fly coach on long haul flights last year. We recently came home from a looonnngg flight from Africa. There was a family in the back of 1st class with two kids completely running amuck. We were in the front and they didn't bug us much, but I feel sorry for the passengers closer to them. On the way out the trash and smashed food by their seats was disgusting. Possibly a similar experience as Whit's nearby seat mates (except unlikely for food to be smashed into the carpet)?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, tdanaher said:

First class seats are only 30% wider than coach seats on a typical domestic flight. No way does she fit in one of those, as Shitney is a lot more than 30% wider than an average human being.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:
2 hours ago, auntjess said:

I think her folks could well pay for it.

Perhaps, I just don't think they are very wealthy, Upper Middle class - Glen & Bab's house has not been updated since the 1970's it looks like 

That doesn't necessarily mean that they don't have the funds to do so. I have a friend whose parents are of the same era and whose kitchen is still mustard yellow and hasn't been updated since Nixon was in office. But they could absolutely afford to do it if they wanted to do so. They just don't see the need to make changes while things are still working. My grandmother, who was still paying taxes in her late 90s, still had her original kitchen from the 60s. The only changes that were ever made to it were the purchase of new appliances in the 80s when her stove, dishwasher and fridge died. She also inherited one of the first microwaves owned by a member of the family in the mid 80s that she added to her kitchen. It still worked, so she never replaced it with a newer, more efficient model. She could have easily afforded to have the house brought up to code or make her kitchen more modern, but again, since things still worked, it was a waste of money to just make changes. I can see Glenn and Babs being of the same mindset. The focus of their time and energy seems to be on their children and not on providing a state of the art kitchen. Plus, if neither is particularly passionate about cooking, it may not be a priority to remodel the kitchen. Who needs a fancy kitchen if all you make for dinner is reservations?

• Love 4

First class seats are only 30% wider than coach seats on a typical domestic flight. No way does she fit in one of those, as Shitney is a lot more than 30% wider than an average human being.

But is a single first class seat wider than two coach seats (I know - if I weren't so lazy I could do the math and answer that for myself)? I'm assuming she does purchase two coach seats when she flies coach. Does first class have more legroom?

1 hour ago, cherenkov said:

Yeah, but she'd fit hella better in 2 first class than 2 coach. 

5 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Problem is that the seats in first class can't be combined to be two seats as the division between seats is static, not just an armrest that can be lifted.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Colleenna said:

The divider in first isn't movable. It's a big block of plastic holding your tray table and often a magazine pocket with a little side tabletop that's usually a few inches wide itself. You can't just "lift the armrest and spread".

5 hours ago, Emma C said:

Forget seating, how does she go to the bathroom?...You know what, i don't wanna know.

An excellent Q for my monthly annoying contrbution to the MBFFL FB Q&A -- thanks!

• Love 10

Some of the wide-body (yes, I know that sounds appropriate here) planes do have a handicapped toilet which is slightly larger than a standard airplane restroom.  She MIGHT be okay in one of those, but it would be a tight fit.  They are not wide enough for a standard wheelchair, and Twit appears to be wider than one of those.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Brooks said:

Why would an airline allow an extra wide to board a long flight?

Extra wides like Shitney tend to also be extra loud. Legion of annoying sycophants and lawsuits result. Look what happened when that dude was texting his friend about the fat person who was taking up part of his seat and she fucking had the Offenderati Army crucify him because she went out of her way to read his text messages over his shoulder and be offended.

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, cherenkov said:

Extra wides like Shitney tend to also be extra loud. Legion of annoying sycophants and lawsuits result. Look what happened when that dude was texting his friend about the fat person who was taking up part of his seat and she fucking had the Offenderati Army crucify him because she went out of her way to read his text messages over his shoulder and be offended.

Not to mention the fact that the woman videotaped his groin for a full 5 minutes. Wouldn't that be some sort of sexual assault? Yet no one mentioned that, but climbed all over the man who was quietly texting a friend in what should have been in his own state of privacy.

Interesting side note: Twit & Natalie meet shortly thereafter at curvycom & apparently bonded since Natalie will be aboard the cruise to present a fashion show.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, Dot said:

Not to mention the fact that the woman videotaped his groin for a full 5 minutes. Wouldn't that be some sort of sexual assault? Yet no one mentioned that, but climbed all over the man who was quietly texting a friend in what should have been in his own state of privacy.

Interesting side note: Twit & Natalie meet shortly thereafter at curvycom & apparently bonded since Natalie will be aboard the cruise to present a fashion show.

I don't know about assault, but it's certainly fucking creepy to just video someone's crotch like that. And of course, Shitney is all over that.

• Love 2
On 9/7/2018 at 11:41 AM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Clearly she can't fit, so I am thinking Depends. I think they make something up to a XXXXL in size for our petite Whit

Yeah, I think that's what the 600lbers do.  One of them had some serious problem, when she didn't drink a good while before, and became dehydrated after she arrived.

• Love 1

On  IG Twit sez she loves it when it's a cool 65 degrees & she's in a tank top and sweating while others are in sweatshirts and knit caps.

Is she really so obtuse that she doesn't realize she has some 300 #s of fat insulating her 100-# body?

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, Dot said:

On  IG Twit sez she loves it when it's a cool 65 degrees & she's in a tank top and sweating while others are in sweatshirts and knit caps.

Is she really so obtuse that she doesn't realize she has some 300 #s of fat insulating her 100-# body?

Yes. Yes, she's that obtuse. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, spankydoll said:

I do bikini waxing as part of my spa business. It may have been tough to pull the skin of her thighs and belly that to remove the wax strip  it must have been very.painful 

Just curious.  Couldn't you do it with a depilatory cream and have a lot less pain?

2 hours ago, auntjess said:

Just curious.  Couldn't you do it with a depilatory cream and have a lot less pain?

I wax myself. It's not bad after you've done it a while. Depilatory cream does not work for me AT ALL. Some other folks might get a chemical burn from it on their privates :-X

• Love 3

I also wax and pluck - mostly so I can  do a quick check for ticks since I live in the Northeast and am frequently in the woods for one reason or another. It seems that the more it is done, the less deeply rooted the hairs are and therefore easier to remove as well as less uncomfortable. However, I have a real issue with the wax sticking to my skin and not the cloth. Advice would be welcome since waxing would be quicker.

17 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

I also wax and pluck - mostly so I can  do a quick check for ticks since I live in the Northeast and am frequently in the woods for one reason or another. It seems that the more it is done, the less deeply rooted the hairs are and therefore easier to remove as well as less uncomfortable. However, I have a real issue with the wax sticking to my skin and not the cloth. Advice would be welcome since waxing would be quicker.

I've heard that baby powder works! Apply it before waxing. You'd have to ask Whitney where she gets it in bulk :-P

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Colleenna said:

To be fair... in my opinion, 65 degrees is not cool enough for sweatshirts and knit caps. 55 *might* be cool enough for a sweater. But my knit cap only goes on when it's below freezing. 

I'm in sweatshirts at 70. It was 68 in my house today (power outage) and I put on a wool knit hat. Once I lost weight, I lost the ability to be warm.

1 hour ago, ClareWalks said:

I've heard that baby powder works! Apply it before waxing. You'd have to ask Whitney where she gets it in bulk :-P

My waxer cleans the area, and then applies the powder before the wax.

Waxing takes taut skin though. That would have to be very hard on Whitney.

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, cherenkov said:

I'm in sweatshirts at 70. It was 68 in my house today (power outage) and I put on a wool knit hat. Once I lost weight, I lost the ability to be warm.

Interesting. Even when I was thin (5'6" 130) I never put on a coat until it was in the 40s. I couldn't stand living somewhere like Florida or Arizona. 

I guess that's why not everyone drives Fords.  ;-)

• Love 2
On 9/7/2018 at 11:41 AM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Clearly she can't fit, so I am thinking Depends. I think they make something up to a XXXXL in size for our petite Whit

Ok, God help me, I went to Depends website. Their largest size fits up to a 64" hip, and I don't think Twit would fit into one. 

You know I'm going start getting spam about adult diapers. The things I do for yinz.....

• LOL 1
  • Love 11