Type keyword(s) to search

Whitney Thore: So She Thinks She Can Dance

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, lovetheduns said:

TL;DR: Calories in and calories out are king. Even with aggressive working out, you can so undo that hour workout by cramming a Little Cheeseburger in your pie hole from 5 Guys.

Yup. Even if I run 10 miles, it's only a 1,000 calorie burn for me. So, I always underestimate my calories burned and always round up calories consumed just in case. So I'll call 10 miles 800 calories burned and if I eat 260 calories, I call it 300 consumed. 

And I agree those ultrasounds look like cysts, I had several surgically removed in the early 2000s. Thank god my reproductive system has given up.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, mamapajama said:

Hard to read, but the date is 8/29/16??  I don't think that secret could have been kept for this long.  Some big Moms seem to hide the pregnancy, others, (me) look huge as of week three.

Well, I will say that I could never tell that Tess Holliday was pregnant. She would hold her "bump" and frankly she still looked exactly the same to me, super morbidly obese. So it is possible that Whitney COULD be pregnant but well... not showing anything.

However, I think the tears, the ultrasound, all that is really because she actually got some internal "hopes" up for being pregnant and then get conclusive info that no, not pregnant, in fact, the PCOS is most likely uncontrolled, and the sick tired all the time and nausea is due to being diabetic or just well, trying to think at 400 lbs you can be "fabulous" and feel great.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Nutella said:

Just an amateur doctor here, but that doesn't look like a baby.

I don't want to believe it is, but it actually looks just like my son's first ultrasound. I was 7 weeks pregnant and joked to everyone that he looked like a diamond ring (which is what this looks like to me). However, because it's Whitney I will go with ovarian cyst. Because I refuse to believe she's actually pregnant. 

Edited: Oops! I read that too quickly. I was thinking that the second shot was also hers. Didn't realize that the one that looks like a diamond ring IS an actual pregnancy. :-) So yes, I agree. That first one, Whitney's, is definitely not a baby. I've had 3 babies, had ultrasounds taken almost every month for all three of them, and never seen anything like that before. 

Edited by mamadrama
Doh!
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, editorgrrl said:

"We are going to show them how big girls are supposed to move." Finally!

Also, the same-sex kiss looks like it never actually happens.

Sounds like the other group dancers is an actual group who practices together often. The look on Whitney's face is priceless: "Oh shit. These girls practice a lot. I better start crying about something quick!"

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Runnergirl said:

Sounds like the other group dancers is an actual group who practices together often. The look on Whitney's face is priceless: "Oh shit. These girls practice a lot. I better start crying about something quick!"

The pregnancy! 

• Love 2

Dear Gods.... why are they putting that woman on a horse? I've been an equestrian since I was 10 and I stopped riding when I got too heavy because I didn't want to force some poor horse to carry my fat ass around. I can't imagine a reputable stable allowing her anywhere near a mounting block because horses should not be carrying more than 20% their own weight. A 1,200 pound horse can carry up to 240lb without really pushing things (and that includes the rider and tack), but Whitney weights a lot more than that. Not only can she easily injure a horse's back, but because she's so big she can't balance in the saddle properly and can really get hurt herself. One of my reasons for getting back onto Weight Watchers is because I miss riding so much and I'm not even at the weight where I wouldn't be allowed to ride.

I totally agree that larger women can and should do whatever they want that they are physically able to do, but there are limits. And Whitney has shown repeatedly that she's not nearly as physically fit as she pretends that she is. I just think back to that scene of her trying to ski and not being able to get herself out of basically standing still without hurting herself. Obviously her body is trying to tell her that she's not physically up to doing some of these stunts that she (or the show) keep pushing her into.

• Love 14
16 minutes ago, Hana Chan said:

Dear Gods.... why are they putting that woman on a horse?

I thought the exact same thing when I watched the clip! My daughter kept her horse at a boarding facility that also had lesson horses. There were strict rules about weight limits for lesson riders. One lady who also boarded there was large (pushing 300) but she also had a very large horse. Percheron, I think. That horse was probably over 2000 pounds, so the math works out for her.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, notyrmomma said:

I actually wish she was pregnant.  It would be FUN to watch her deal with that! (Plus, it would force her to grow up)

I bet the parents would do most of the work 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, notyrmomma said:

I actually wish she was pregnant.  It would be FUN to watch her deal with that! (Plus, it would force her to grow up)

She wouldn't grow up, she'd just have something else to complain about.  "Kids are hard!" (Insert cry face here.) 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, lovetheduns said:

Well, I will say that I could never tell that Tess Holliday was pregnant. She would hold her "bump" and frankly she still looked exactly the same to me, super morbidly obese. So it is possible that Whitney COULD be pregnant but well... not showing anything.

My neighbor across the street is a big gal , I don't ever talk to her  just see her outside - one day a " ITS A BOY" sign was on their lawn - never knew she was preggers 

• Love 1
On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 5:44 AM, Runnergirl said:

Yep, it suits her excuses. 

About the jokes regarding her going to Dr. Now--I'm not sure he'd ever take her as a patient. She's argumentative, refuses to take responsibility for her situation and would probably refuse to demonstrate she can lose weight before surgery. She'd holler "STARVATION MODE" at the minimal calories Dr. Now's patients must adhere to. 

Yet, somehow, those who stick to it manage to lose weight..................

She'd also never lose the initial weight that he always requires before surgery.  She has no self-control, as we all know.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, notyrmomma said:

I'm happy she's not, because she wouldn't be forced to grow up.  How many people have you seen who've had kids and never grown up?  Her parents would be forced to take care of the baby at their age, and that's not a good thing.  Twit would just go on her merry, entitled way, trying to be fabulous and failing.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Hana Chan said:

Dear Gods.... why are they putting that woman on a horse? I've been an equestrian since I was 10 and I stopped riding when I got too heavy because I didn't want to force some poor horse to carry my fat ass around. I can't imagine a reputable stable allowing her anywhere near a mounting block because horses should not be carrying more than 20% their own weight. A 1,200 pound horse can carry up to 240lb without really pushing things (and that includes the rider and tack), but Whitney weights a lot more than that. Not only can she easily injure a horse's back, but because she's so big she can't balance in the saddle properly and can really get hurt herself. One of my reasons for getting back onto Weight Watchers is because I miss riding so much and I'm not even at the weight where I wouldn't be allowed to ride.

I totally agree that larger women can and should do whatever they want that they are physically able to do, but there are limits. And Whitney has shown repeatedly that she's not nearly as physically fit as she pretends that she is. I just think back to that scene of her trying to ski and not being able to get herself out of basically standing still without hurting herself. Obviously her body is trying to tell her that she's not physically up to doing some of these stunts that she (or the show) keep pushing her into.

I was thinking the very same thing. She's what, nearly 400 lb? Hopefully all the horse does is walk around because I can only imagine what'll happen if the horse begins to trot. Given her reaction to just SITTING on a horse, I can't imagine she knows how to post so--poor horse!

I'm all for people trying stuff out of their comfort zone but Whit seems delusional about her abilities. She fainted during the dance-a-thon, fell on her face skiing, threw out her back before the parade, broke her toe doing a dance move, what else did I miss? 

3 minutes ago, Ocean Chick said:

I'm happy she's not, because she wouldn't be forced to grow up.  How many people have you seen who've had kids and never grown up?  Her parents would be forced to take care of the baby at their age, and that's not a good thing.  Twit would just go on her merry, entitled way, trying to be fabulous and failing.

Having worked in law enforcement I saw it all the time. 

• Love 6

Dear Gods.... why are they putting that woman on a horse? I've been an equestrian since I was 10 and I stopped riding when I got too heavy because I didn't want to force some poor horse to carry my fat ass around. I can't imagine a reputable stable allowing her anywhere near a mounting block because horses should not be carrying more than 20% their own weight. A 1,200 pound horse can carry up to 240lb without really pushing things (and that includes the rider and tack), but Whitney weights a lot more than that. Not only can she easily injure a horse's back, but because she's so big she can't balance in the saddle properly and can really get hurt herself.

Oh, jeez - I haven't seen that promo yet! No way would I let her near a horse. She will have no balance at all - with all that padding, she will just roll around in the saddle. There's no way she can get any kind of normal upper leg grip and will be at great risk of simply rolling off if the horse so much as breaks into a jog. I've seen it in overweight women with huge thighs, and they weighed far less than Whitney does.

Aside from that, 300 pounds and up is way too much for any normal sort of horse to haul around on its back. Get a cart and let her drive (I'm serious) if she wants to interact with horses, but riding should be out of the question. It's dangerous to both her and the horse, and horsemanship is supposed to be about putting the horse's wellbeing first - though Whit would never think of that.

I once saw a tall, large man - not overweight, just a big guy - attempt to get on a rather tall Thoroughbred type horse. As he pulled himself up, his weight unbalanced that horse and pulled it right over onto the ground. It can happen. Though I can't see Whitney making any attempt to pull herself up. She'd expect a platform. Or a crane. Again - jeez. Just jeez.

• Love 5

The barn I used to ride at had a horse that was half-Clydesdale that was the sweetest thing and very gentle so she got used for some of the biggest riders. Looking at the promo, it's hard to tell what kind of horse she's on but going by the shape of the head and neck, it doesn't appear to be a draft or draft cross.

Speaking of my own experience, I ride English style which means that 90% of my interaction with the horse is with my seat and legs. When your thighs are as large as Whitney's are, you just can't get your legs in the right position and I'll bet anything that she's got her heels dug into that horse's sides. And she would have no way of really balancing herself if the horse moves unexpectedly (which anyone who's ever ridden knows that horses will do at any least thing). If her horse starts, she's got no way of being able to hold on and not only is she going to come down, but she's likely to bring the poor horse down with her. It's just dangerous all around and I'm really angry that the producers would plan for a stunt like this.

And riding isn't just sitting on a horse. It actually takes a certain amount of strength and physical endurance. Especially if you're doing more than a basic trail ride. My trainer had me doing lots of core work so that my center would be strong and I could manage being in the saddle for hours at a stretch (which was handy when I went riding cross country in Ireland). 

1 hour ago, okerry said:

She'd expect a platform. Or a crane. Again - jeez. Just jeez.

I've seen mounting platforms when you literally just climb a set of stairs and can just step over onto the horse's back with no pulling so I can see them getting her onto the horse. Dismounting though... that's where it's really going to get dangerous. 

Edited by Hana Chan
fixing a typo
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

Okay... I was going to say something last night but then I thought I was just tearing her up for so many reasons.

I agree. I have 2 horses (mare and 7 month old filly). My mare at a good solid weight is 1155 lbs. I would not get on my mare's back until I am back under 200 lbs especially if I am asking her to do anything more than a walk and the fact that she has been nursing for 7 months and is out of shape. 

Based on the video with how high she was up on the horse, I can't imagine that they even put her up on a draft which is disgusting. A woman who is almost 400 lbs, who has very little athletic abilities, very little strength, is going to be horrible on that poor animal's back hoisting herself into the saddle.  I am not even thinking of the ski episode, but we have seen episodes where she struggles getting into Mountain Man's truck, barely able to bicycle, etc.

I remember once telling someone who was trying to be all fatlogic'y and that a horse could "handle" it that a horse's back is an ultimate shitlord. The 20% max weight (including EVERYTHING put on the animals) cares not if you are obese or if you are super tall and super muscular. The weight is all that matters.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

I've seen mounting platforms when you literally just climb a set of stairs and can just step over onto the horse's back with no pulling so I can see them getting her onto the horse. Dismounting though... that's where it's really going to get dangerous. 

I used to volunteer at a therapeutic riding program that provided many accommodations for riders with both physical and developmental disabilities. There were platforms on both sides of the mounting area to make it easier for both the rider and the helpers (sometimes up to 4 people helped one rider mount, ride & dismount). The horses were absolutely bomb-proof. 

My hope is that TLC employed a therapeutic riding program with a large horse, had someone on the lead line and side-walkers to ensure safety for both the horse & Whit. And NO trotting! Sadly, I doubt that will be the case.

But after thinking that through, the side-walkers' job was to help shore-up the rider if they started slipping one way or the other. That would be no small task here....

Edited by amacmom
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, lovetheduns said:

I remember once telling someone who was trying to be all fatlogic'y and that a horse could "handle" it that a horse's back is an ultimate shitlord. The 20% max weight (including EVERYTHING put on the animals) cares not if you are obese or if you are super tall and super muscular. The weight is all that matters.

THIS. I don't know much about horses but everything I've ever heard about trail riding and such is "250 lb weight limit." It's not about shaming, which is what Whitney says and a lot of super-obese women claim. Some things just have a weight limit. It doesn't really matter what that weight consists of. If I got on a horse with a 100-lb backpack and they said "no, you can't ride," I would not accuse them of backpack-shaming me.

Another example: I was thinking about doing parasailing with my husband, but they have a combined 310-lb weight limit. We are both tall, so that will never happen for us. I'm not sitting here bitching about how unfair it is that I don't get to do tandem parasailing because our weight combined is too high, and that the standards for tandem parasailing are unrealistic and weight-shaming. I can choose another activity. Them's the breaks. 

• Love 11
58 minutes ago, amacmom said:

I used to volunteer at a therapeutic riding program that provided many accommodations for riders with both physical and developmental disabilities. There were platforms on both sides of the mounting area to make it easier for both the rider and the helpers (sometimes up to 4 people helped one rider mount, ride & dismount). The horses were absolutely bomb-proof. 

My hope is that TLC employed a therapeutic riding program with a large horse, had someone on the lead line and side-walkers to ensure safety for both the horse & Whit. And NO trotting! Sadly, I doubt that will be the case.

But after thinking that through, the side-walkers' job was to help shore-up the rider if they started slipping one way or the other. That would be no small task here....

I think all of these "endeavors" are TLC's way to ramp up the viewings.

I am 235 lbs (down from a highest weight of 288 lbs) on a 5'3" frame. I KNOW skiing as a beginner would be HORRIBLY difficult for me (and although I have had to take a break due to needing a stress echo tomorrow - I typically go to Spin classes at a Cycle Bar 3-4 times a week and Orangetheory classes 2-3 times a week). 

Everyone here knows that watching Big Whit try to attempt skiing at 400lbs is going to be a miserable failure. TLC knew it too. Bit Whit may have been the only delusional one to not realize it because I think she truly believes she can be super morbidly obese and "fit." I think her thinner friends did not really know it was that bad until they "see" it happen. When you have never been overweight or obese you generally don't realize how hard it is for a human to schlep 100s of pounds in excess weight.

What does give me pause is I wonder how many of her fans who have the same sort of delusion as she does - how many of them are not genuinely embarrassed and humiliated with these experiences? Knowing from watching shows like My 600 Lb Life, I would have been utterly humiliated if I were as large as she was knowing that I can't really shave my own legs without help. Its bizarre to me.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, lovetheduns said:

Yes, and it's all fine when Whit takes the pratfalls. She signed on to this. Unless the equestrian situation was meticulously vetted to not harm the horse (weight, handlers, etc.) TLC crossed a big line there in my opinion.

• Love 7

I can't believe anyone with half a heart would allow Whitney on a horse. That's animal cruelty, pure and simple, and for entertainment. I really don't care if TLC shows us horrific videos of Whitney unable to pull her legs out of the splits and screaming in pain - she's a grown-ass woman who went into that experience knowing she was super morbidly obese, and consented to be filmed. 

Animals can't consent. Filming a 400+lb woman (Whit was 380 when she was "trying really hard" to diet, and that was 2 seasons ago. If she's under 400lbs now I'll eat my hat) sitting on top of an animal is just cruel. The horse would have to be, at minimum, 2,000lbs to carry just Whitney without injuring itself - not to mention the weight of the saddle & other things that have to be there. 

Shame on TLC for participating in animal cruelty for the sake of entertainment.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, lovetheduns said:

I am 235 lbs (down from a highest weight of 288 lbs) on a 5'3" frame. I KNOW skiing as a beginner would be HORRIBLY difficult for me (and although I have had to take a break due to needing a stress echo tomorrow - I typically go to Spin classes at a Cycle Bar 3-4 times a week and Orangetheory classes 2-3 times a week). 

Everyone here knows that watching Big Whit try to attempt skiing at 400lbs is going to be a miserable failure. TLC knew it too. Bit Whit may have been the only delusional one to not realize it because I think she truly believes she can be super morbidly obese and "fit." I think her thinner friends did not really know it was that bad until they "see" it happen. When you have never been overweight or obese you generally don't realize how hard it is for a human to schlep 100s of pounds in excess weight.

What does give me pause is I wonder how many of her fans who have the same sort of delusion as she does - how many of them are not genuinely embarrassed and humiliated with these experiences? Knowing from watching shows like My 600 Lb Life, I would have been utterly humiliated if I were as large as she was knowing that I can't really shave my own legs without help. Its bizarre to me.

Good question. I think most people her size would be terribly embarrassed and ashamed given similar circumstances. Most probably would not attempt the things Whitney has because they know they can't. 

This is why I previously equated Whitney's antics to that of a circus clown. Whether it's partly TLC's doing or not, if she's feeling any embarrassment, she's good at hiding it. And if she is, I wish she'd break down like the "600 lb Life" people, admit responsibility and ask for help. It'd be nice to see this show re-named "My Big Fit Fabulous Life."

Yeah, I know. It'd be like trying to win the lottery.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Runnergirl said:

Having worked in law enforcement I saw it all the time. 

sad face because I know you are right.  My first pregnancy was unplanned and I was in a pretty bad spot.  I ended up moving back home for a little less than a year which allowed me to make some positive changes, really grow up, and my life became much better after.  

• Love 3
16 hours ago, lovetheduns said:

A skilled rider can make handling weight easier for a horse by knowing how to move with the animal and keeping their full weight off the animal (basically making it easier for the horse to carry the weight they're being asked to). Whitney, however, would be dead weight. I think that they had her in a western saddle (there looked like a pommel horn by her belly), which has a deep seat that would keep a rider's center of gravity down towards the ground. That means she would just have her full weight pressing into the horse's spine. Besides being a lot heavier than an English saddle (adding to the weight burden), a western saddle is positioned behind the withers (the horse's shoulder blades and the highest point on the back). That means that all of her weight would be pressing down in the center of the horse's back. The potential for injury to the horse is pretty damn high and to me it's irresponsible for whoever owns that horse to sign onto this stunt.

As far as Whitney goes, she really does seem to be missing the part of her brain that should recognize that her size is now seriously impacting her quality of life. It is insidious how weight creep does so and many people don't always grasp just how big they are getting until it really starts getting in the way of things that you want/need to do. First it starts preventing you from being able to do all the exciting, physically strenuous activities (like skiing for example), which is the point that Whitney long since passed. She's now at the stage when it's getting in the way of everyday activities and even basic self-care. It's not a question of fat shaming if it gets pointed out that she is getting to the point that she can't even shave her own legs and she doesn't seem to grasp that her weight is now getting in the way of just living her life.

At some point, it's no longer going to be "fabulous". I don't think it's "fabulous" now. And if she keeps gaining weight, it's only going to get worse.

• Love 9
14 hours ago, AnJen said:

I can't believe anyone with half a heart would allow Whitney on a horse. That's animal cruelty, pure and simple, and for entertainment. I really don't care if TLC shows us horrific videos of Whitney unable to pull her legs out of the splits and screaming in pain - she's a grown-ass woman who went into that experience knowing she was super morbidly obese, and consented to be filmed. 

Animals can't consent. Filming a 400+lb woman (Whit was 380 when she was "trying really hard" to diet, and that was 2 seasons ago. If she's under 400lbs now I'll eat my hat) sitting on top of an animal is just cruel. The horse would have to be, at minimum, 2,000lbs to carry just Whitney without injuring itself - not to mention the weight of the saddle & other things that have to be there. 

Shame on TLC for participating in animal cruelty for the sake of entertainment.

+`1 million. I hope TLC gets a shit ton of bad feedback for that. Poor horse :-( :-(

One more week til this shit show! Most of the comments on the show FB are people saying she needs to get serious about her weight, and they are worried for her health. I don't think she is fooling the masses anymore ( aside from her rabid fans who prolly user her as validation for things in their own lives)

• Love 7

A skilled rider can make handling weight easier for a horse by knowing how to move with the animal and keeping their full weight off the animal (basically making it easier for the horse to carry the weight they're being asked to). Whitney, however, would be dead weight. I think that they had her in a western saddle (there looked like a pommel horn by her belly), which has a deep seat that would keep a rider's center of gravity down towards the ground. That means she would just have her full weight pressing into the horse's spine. Besides being a lot heavier than an English saddle (adding to the weight burden), a western saddle is positioned behind the withers (the horse's shoulder blades and the highest point on the back). That means that all of her weight would be pressing down in the center of the horse's back. The potential for injury to the horse is pretty damn high and to me it's irresponsible for whoever owns that horse to sign onto this stunt.

As far as Whitney goes, she really does seem to be missing the part of her brain that should recognize that her size is now seriously impacting her quality of life. It is insidious how weight creep does so and many people don't always grasp just how big they are getting until it really starts getting in the way of things that you want/need to do. First it starts preventing you from being able to do all the exciting, physically strenuous activities (like skiing for example), which is the point that Whitney long since passed. She's now at the stage when it's getting in the way of everyday activities and even basic self-care. It's not a question of fat shaming if it gets pointed out that she is getting to the point that she can't even shave her own legs and she doesn't seem to grasp that her weight is now getting in the way of just living her life.

At some point, it's no longer going to be "fabulous". I don't think it's "fabulous" now. And if she keeps gaining weight, it's only going to get worse.

The horse looks like maybe a TB cross, QH, or perhaps a TWH/Saddlebred. Definitely not a draft and I would hazard to say not even a draft cross. 

Although I used to be a decently skilled rider (used to be a hunter rider although not a serious one since my mental maximum was 3ft course so I mainly did C shows), but even over 200 lbs I don't feel "right" sitting on my own horse. True I can 2 point still and post with the best of them, but at the end of the day my fat does impact how I ride. Now would I put a 150lb shitty rider on my horse who can't post, sit the trot, and who couldn't 2 point? Nah, that would be pretty darn uncomfortable for my almost 17 year old mare.

I didn't catch the horn, but I have to think it would be a western saddle - I can't imagine Big Whit feeling "comfortable" in an english saddle - would feel very unstable to someone who has never sat on a horse before - I could MAYBE see like an endurance saddle or a deep dressage saddle but even then it would be cruel to the horse.

I don't think she has ever shown anything remotely fabulous in this show except getting paid most likely a solid 6 figure salary to well.. be as obnoxious and lazy as she is. There is that I suppose.

• Love 4

I think in the teasers where she is shown crying, is because she has been banned permanently from the cake tasting bakery?

I am horrified about the horse.  I won't hesitate from calling the humane society.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

Hopefully she remains freaked out about being on a horse and decides not to ride the poor thing. Like others, I grew up around horses and every ounce of my being is screaming "do NOT let that woman on a horse!" for the reason in bold text.  Poor horse is gonna be swayback when she gets done with it.

• Love 2

Call me crazy but it's impossible Twit is pregnant with Yukon's demon child. How long has it been since she visited pound town with him?  Unless Buddy provided his stud services?

I'm saddened and angry at TLC, the place that owned the horse and everyone who participated in allowing Twit to even get on that horse.  It's animal cruelty.  I was a big girl once (218 pounds at my heaviest) and I was told I cannot participate in pole dancing classes (for fitness). Those are them breaks.  

Who do we complain about the poor animal? I mean what's done is done but seriously. You cannot just do this to animals for entertainment. How would Twit like if her cat was subjected to something the poor animal didn't want to do? She would be crying foul to high heaven.

Shame on TLC. Shame on Twit. 

As for her experimenting with her sexuality. Meh. Who gives a flying fig.

• Love 11

This show is pissing me off again already, and it hasn't even started airing yet. There are few things "fabulous" about her REAL life and the "life" we're shown on screen is all scripted. My annoyance for her runs so deep that I am actually a little concerned for myself. 

• Love 3

As far as her dabbling with a same-sex romantic encounter, that might have been scandalous a decade ago. Now it's positively yawn inducing and seems to me just staged to try to show that Whitney is sexually desirable to so many people (feeding into the faux fabulousness of her life). It's about as real as her dance career. And the pregnancy storyline... I guess that the producers are going "Ohhh! Drama!", while the world marvels that she is even able to have sex (and reaches for the brain bleach to avoid trying to work out the physical mechanics of the act).

Whatever charm Whitney may have had in the first season has pretty much evaporated and she comes across as rude and crass in a way that I just can't stomach. Farting in her friend's face (the way she did at the start of the promo) isn't something that I find humorous. If that were me, I would be totally mortified. But then, I was born with the embarrassment gene that allows me to recognize when my behavior might not be acceptable. She sets herself up for humiliation and then cries that society is being so unkind to her.

I'm speaking as a person who has dealt with weight issues my entire adult life. Yeah, it's not fair that I'm always going to struggle to lose weight and maintain that loss while friends of mine don't have that problem. It's not fair that I'm always going to have to consider everything I put in my mouth for the rest of my life. But whining that it's not fair isn't going to save me from developing diabetes, or not being physically able to do the things that I love. Her complaints that society is cruel to fat people are starting to feel like excuses to avoid dealing with the fact that she's not just fat, but getting bigger as we watch and is doing nothing about it. PSOS isn't the reason that she's as heavy as she is and she's been using it as an excuse to avoid dealing with her weight. Whining that if she lost 100 pounds that she would still be obese isn't the world's problem, nor is the fact that the world isn't set up to accommodate her. 

I'm really wondering what it's going to take for Whitney to really recognize that her size is now getting in the way of life. Because with these idiotic stunts, she is likely to really hurt herself and all it's going to take is a blown out knee to totally incapacitate her. She's going to be rendered immobile because she would never be able to get around on crutches and that would likely start her on the downward spiral to being the kind of bedridden wrecks that we see in "My 600 Pound Life". 

Edited by Hana Chan
  • Love 17
45 minutes ago, ClareWalks said:

New theory: Everything Whitney does is designed to whittle her essence down to a more and more specific, horrifying genre of internet porn.

If you can find it, go google the True life episode " Im a feedy" there is one woman who kind of reminds me of Whit....but Whit is worse in terms of behavior and also weight ( this woman is obese but no where near the Whit level)

I feel like had Whitney met someone interested in food/feederism before TLC came along, she would TOTALLY be doing the internet porn thing. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

I feel like had Whitney met someone interested in food/feederism before TLC came along, she would TOTALLY be doing the internet porn thing. 

She seemed to be well on her way already when she was being featured in the Fitty Smallz videos. I wonder why he hasn't had a cameo appearance, at least, on the show.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Ketzel said:

She seemed to be well on her way already when she was being featured in the Fitty Smallz videos. I wonder why he hasn't had a cameo appearance, at least, on the show.

You know, I never could bring myself to check out his videos and took a quick peek. Big mistake.

No actual dancing from Whitney. Just shaking her ass a bit for the camera and posing in a manner that I'm guessing she thinks is seductive (and was about as sexy as a bowl of cheese curds). I swear that she's setting herself up as some kind of fat minstrel show. No dignity and no sense that people are laughing at her (not with her). 

• Love 6
22 hours ago, greekmom said:

Call me crazy but it's impossible Twit is pregnant with Yukon's demon child. How long has it been since she visited pound town with him?  Unless Buddy provided his stud services?

I'm saddened and angry at TLC, the place that owned the horse and everyone who participated in allowing Twit to even get on that horse.  It's animal cruelty.  I was a big girl once (218 pounds at my heaviest) and I was told I cannot participate in pole dancing classes (for fitness). Those are them breaks.  

Who do we complain about the poor animal? I mean what's done is done but seriously. You cannot just do this to animals for entertainment. How would Twit like if her cat was subjected to something the poor animal didn't want to do? She would be crying foul to high heaven.

Shame on TLC. Shame on Twit. 

As for her experimenting with her sexuality. Meh. Who gives a flying fig.

@Cherrio I wonder if the humane society would do anything or care though. I would think the ASPCA or PETA would take more interest. TLC, Whitney, and whoever boards the horse should be charged with animal cruelty. At the very least they should be talked to by some authority in animal welfare.

Edited by Nowhere
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

I'm really wondering what it's going to take for Whitney to really recognize that her size is now getting in the way of life. Because with these idiotic stunts, she is likely to really hurt herself and all it's going to take is a blown out knee to totally incapacitate her. She's going to be rendered immobile because she would never be able to get around on crutches and that would likely start her on the downward spiral to being the kind of bedridden wrecks that we see in "My 600 Pound Life". 

I've thought this same thing. It's like the young man (I think his name was Sean) who broke his leg when he was 18 and was on bed-rest, and then basically never got out of bed again until he got the surgery. If Whitney is ever unable to move around for some extended period of time, her binge eating will cause her to gain weight, her muscles would atrophy a little bit, and the combination will make it hard for her to walk as much as she currently does. She'll soon be using the scooters when she's shopping because she's "still getting over her injury" which leads to more weight gain, more mental stress which causes her to binge eat, and on and on until she's close to 600lbs. There have been so many things that she has experienced which would cause most people to realize they need to take things seriously and get it under control, but she just keeps on indulging in the same bad habits.

I think Whitney believes things will stay the same forever. She'll always be mostly healthy despite her weight, she'll always have the ability to get pregnant when she decides she's ready, she'll always stay relatively the same size and will have the opportunity to lose weight when she decides she wants to, her friends will always be available to give her attention and will never grow up and start families of their own that cut down on their ability to join her pizza binge sessions, her parents will always be around, etc. It's the mindset of a teenager. I think she lives in denial because if she had to start taking things seriously, she wouldn't be able to keep up her facade of being happy and confident. We've seen her emotional breakdowns when she actually starts talking about serious topics. Focusing on the stupid dance career where the biggest drama is that one of her students led practice without her is much more conducive to portraying the fabulous fat girl persona that she wants the world to buy.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, M.F. Luder said:

I've thought this same thing. It's like the young man (I think his name was Sean) who broke his leg when he was 18 and was on bed-rest, and then basically never got out of bed again until he got the surgery. If Whitney is ever unable to move around for some extended period of time, her binge eating will cause her to gain weight, her muscles would atrophy a little bit, and the combination will make it hard for her to walk as much as she currently does. She'll soon be using the scooters when she's shopping because she's "still getting over her injury" which leads to more weight gain, more mental stress which causes her to binge eat, and on and on until she's close to 600lbs. There have been so many things that she has experienced which would cause most people to realize they need to take things seriously and get it under control, but she just keeps on indulging in the same bad habits.

I think Whitney believes things will stay the same forever. She'll always be mostly healthy despite her weight, she'll always have the ability to get pregnant when she decides she's ready, she'll always stay relatively the same size and will have the opportunity to lose weight when she decides she wants to, her friends will always be available to give her attention and will never grow up and start families of their own that cut down on their ability to join her pizza binge sessions, her parents will always be around, etc. It's the mindset of a teenager. I think she lives in denial because if she had to start taking things seriously, she wouldn't be able to keep up her facade of being happy and confident. We've seen her emotional breakdowns when she actually starts talking about serious topics. Focusing on the stupid dance career where the biggest drama is that one of her students led practice without her is much more conducive to portraying the fabulous fat girl persona that she wants the world to buy.

I think once she hits 35 everything is going to seriously catch up with her, if not before. Faster if she keeps gaining weight. I think she needs to talk to some people who are 40/45 and over 300 pounds and see how fabulous they are feeling. 

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

I think once she hits 35 everything is going to seriously catch up with her, if not before. Faster if she keeps gaining weight. I think she needs to talk to some people who are 40/45 and over 300 pounds 400 pounds and see how fabulous they are feeling. 

Fixed it for ya. :-)

Seriously, if Whitney was claiming to be 380 at the beginning of last season, there was no way she ended the season under 400. And judging from the preview trailers, it doesn't look as if she lost any weight after the season ended.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, M.F. Luder said:

1 hour ago, yogi2014L said:

I think once she hits 35 everything is going to seriously catch up with her, if not before. Faster if she keeps gaining weight. I think she needs to talk to some people who are 40/45 and over 300 pounds and see how fabulous they are feeling. 

It gets harder even when you're fit and over 35. Can't imagine how hard it's gonna be on Whit once she gets older. She needs to get a handle on it now or she WILL be that quote above in bold. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Nowhere said:

@Cherrio I wonder if the humane society would do anything or care though. I would think the ASPCA or PETA would take more interest. TLC, Whitney, and whoever boards the horse should be charged with animal cruelty. At the very least they should be talked to by some authority in animal welfare.

Generally no.

It is quite hard to be charged with animal cruelty. I mean lets be real, if it were easy for just a lot of nasty animal issues, many other circus type shows (or pose with the baby tigers) would be charged - I mean it took MANY years for the soring practices employer by the TN Walker Big Lick shows to be banned.

In reality, if a horse is fed (not even if it is the right amount of calories), watered, and has "livable" conditions, then the owner/barn is not going to be charged with any animal cruelty. 

They definitely will not be charging a barn that put a super obese Big Whit on the horse for a walk. 

Do I think it is "cruel" yes. I think it is irresponsible and I would never do it to my animal, but I imagine TLC was charged a pretty penny.

3 hours ago, Runnergirl said:

It gets harder even when you're fit and over 35. Can't imagine how hard it's gonna be on Whit once she gets older. She needs to get a handle on it now or she WILL be that quote above in bold. 

Gosh, I can't remember if I said it here or not, but I am 39, 5'3 and had a "cardiac" scare around December 31. The short summary of the longer story was that I had a weird chest pain one morning with the last workout having been a spin class.. went to the urgent care just to get it checked out. One EKG apparently was later potentially "misread" by their finalizing cardio that I had had a heart attack, got called back to do another EKG since the docs at Urgent Care felt strongly this was a misread or a mix up. Next EKG was normal, referred to a cardiologist to just validate so was scheduled for a stress echo. Just had the stress echo yesterday (weird experience) and was completely cleared by the cardio as having nothing wrong (good valves, good strong heart, no cardiac damage, no blockages, just a normal healthy heart). The cardio feels like if the first EKG finalized by the other cardio was indeed mine it was most likely due to poor lead placement. 

At any rate, even though I had been on a weight loss and fitness journey previous to this, it scared the crap out of me. My "chest pain" had been maybe a 1 out of 10? Even though at the time the Urgent Care docs felt like I most likely had a chest strain (maybe from the burpees, from doing hard cardio higher over the past couple of days causing slight inflammation in the chest wall, who knows) so it wasn't like I had fallen down like Big Whit during the danceathon.

But, it gave me more of an incentive than ever to REALLY fix my habits and body. I can't fathom how Whitney continues on with the denial. My event scared the living crap out of me.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Brooklynista said:

Give me one of these Whitney. Just one twirl and I'll lay off.

Well, bear in mind that this girl is less than half Whitney's age, and probably less than half Whitney's weight, and even she is having obvious difficulties getting her turning foot to lift her body more than an inch or two off the ground. She also can't get her knee bent sufficiently to raise the non-turning foot into the correct position, and her core is not strong enough to keep her upper torso in good alignment. That's why she is travelling as she turns, a Very Big Mistake when doing fouettes, where the mark of clean execution is that the turning toe remains firmly in one spot, commonly described by ballet teachers as looking as if "it is nailed to the floor."  I don't mean to be unkind to her. She's working hard at her dance, which is much more than you can say for Whitney. But I don't feel inclined to overlook the negative effect on the technique imposed by her weight.  "Fat women can do anything!" says Whitney. Maybe so (although I think she undermines that message with every episode.) But unless they can do it as well as they could if they weren't fat, she's only making half the point.  (Plus a whole lot of excuses.)

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 5

I would be shocked if Whit is only 400 lbs...that horse had better be a draft or the internet will explode.

No shame in horse mounting blocks..even tho im 5'8", my horse is 17.3 and I ride english...I would probably kill myself trying to mount him.

If Whit is riding western she can just sit there like on a la-z-boy while the horse gets drug around for her.  Doubt she will be doing western dressage any time soon.

I dread this episode...

Speaking of animal abuse...that new tear jerking, depressing dog movie has a bunch of news reports today about abusing a german Shephard 

I hate most people

Edited by Christi
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, lovetheduns said:

Generally no.

It is quite hard to be charged with animal cruelty. I mean lets be real, if it were easy for just a lot of nasty animal issues, many other circus type shows (or pose with the baby tigers) would be charged - I mean it took MANY years for the soring practices employer by the TN Walker Big Lick shows to be banned.

In reality, if a horse is fed (not even if it is the right amount of calories), watered, and has "livable" conditions, then the owner/barn is not going to be charged with any animal cruelty. 

They definitely will not be charging a barn that put a super obese Big Whit on the horse for a walk. 

Do I think it is "cruel" yes. I think it is irresponsible and I would never do it to my animal, but I imagine TLC was charged a pretty penny.

Chaining dogs is prohibited in many counties. In mine we can't have a dog on a chain for more than 30 minutes. I'm just saying that things are slowly getting better for animals. I haven't heard of a law prohibiting fat girls from riding horses but if too much weight on a horse could severely injure the horse or cause him pain then it is cruel, not "cruel" and something should be done or said. Horses have a good case here.

But I don't think I said they would be charged. I said they should be charged. 

I don't find posing with baby tigers to be cruel. 

I don't know what the walker big lick show did but I didn't say the barn should be shut down. I'd love it if some authority would just acknowledge the incident as not cool. But that wouldn't be politically correct now would it?