Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

On 11/13/2020 at 10:42 AM, Binns said:

Just saw this on Twitter. Could the writers be that smart? Is it possible?

No, because that montage song "Running On Empty" counts as classic rock, and Cas was mentioned at least 3 times that I can remember off the top of my head.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

I think they just didn't put in any actual footage of episode 20 to be coy about it. There will obviously be a milkrun hunt and then one or both brothers are dying or settling down. Since Dabb crowed how definite an ending it is, both may die for once.

Since Jim Beaver filmed on the last day, it might be the cheese of original Bobby welcoming them to heaven. Probably with "idjits" because that's how pancake flat the character used to be in the end, nothing more than this catchphrase.

They put an old line reading by Jim Beaver in at the end of the trailer "here's to running into you on the other scene". That could turn out to be "teehee haha" as a clue.

I suspect that Sam and Dean will die. If they made a point that Jack is hands off and doesn't answer prayers(which is exactly how Chuck was before they retconned him into an obsessed child) then Sam and Dean have no armor and can't defeat a simple vampire without it.

"Be careful what you wish for, guys," is likely the final message. "Do you want death or freedom?"

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Terese said:

I suspect that Sam and Dean will die. If they made a point that Jack is hands off and doesn't answer prayers(which is exactly how Chuck was before they retconned him into an obsessed child) then Sam and Dean have no armor and can't defeat a simple vampire without it.

"Be careful what you wish for, guys," is likely the final message. "Do you want death or freedom?"

You know, I wouldn`t even mind if they died on a normal hunt (provided, they didn`t show themselves to be utterly incompetent, argh, that stupid "God gave them all the plot armour ever" should never have been retconned in) if for once in the blue moon, the show made it about saving individual people again. Have victims there that they can kinda bond with or at least get to safety. 

Even the last episode it just showed things in a detached "all the strangers are back, yay" way. One last time have the Winchesters save actual people.

But the promo kinda only shows them in some barn, facing off against four creeps. Alone. Just bashing monsters means nothing.

Then you can bring them into heaven and make it so that they are acknowledged there as something more than random souls. I mean, the show made them hang out with gods and archangels on the regular for years now. They are not Joe schmoe souls. 

I wonder now if it was planned to have a big welcoming commitee of characters for them in heaven but due to the pandemic, you couldn`t bring in several actors for just a five second scene.

Not sure if I remember correctly but I think earlier either Badd or Singer said something about Bobby and Charlie coming back as both AU and original. The latter could have easily been in a heaven scene. Now it could just be Bobby. John and Mary could have been there. Jo and Ellen etc.

It would be kinda weird, though. Because usually if main characters die, you would want to focus on their legacy in terms of the people they saved and not the "yay, we all died before you (and sometimes because of you), welcome" crowd.

Would also fit with Calvert saying he has a short blip in the Finale without dialogue. Nougat-God could smile beatifically at them. 

For the longest time I wondered which other CW show`s Finale they would rip off. Vampire Diaries was a contender (still is) but now it looks more and more like Arrow. 

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

This seems like a pretty sincere post from Rob. I think we've seen the last of Chuck. Also this is a great pic.

I don't blame Rob for what happened to his character.  I blame the writers.  The last part, they should be embarrassed that it was on the screen.  They did it better the first time.  I wish they had never made Chuck God and in my rewrite, well; he isn't.

Rob will be fine, and now he can focus on his music and friendship with the boys.  Maybe the good that can come out of this mess...he gets some other acting gigs outside of Supernatural, since it's over, anyway.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

You know, I wouldn`t even mind if they died on a normal hunt (provided, they didn`t show themselves to be utterly incompetent, argh, that stupid "God gave them all the plot armour ever" should never have been retconned in) if for once in the blue moon, the show made it about saving individual people again. Have victims there that they can kinda bond with or at least get to safety. 

Even the last episode it just showed things in a detached "all the strangers are back, yay" way. One last time have the Winchesters save actual people.

But the promo kinda only shows them in some barn, facing off against four creeps. Alone. Just bashing monsters means nothing.

Then you can bring them into heaven and make it so that they are acknowledged there as something more than random souls. I mean, the show made them hang out with gods and archangels on the regular for years now. They are not Joe schmoe souls. 

I wonder now if it was planned to have a big welcoming commitee of characters for them in heaven but due to the pandemic, you couldn`t bring in several actors for just a five second scene.

Not sure if I remember correctly but I think earlier either Badd or Singer said something about Bobby and Charlie coming back as both AU and original. The latter could have easily been in a heaven scene. Now it could just be Bobby. John and Mary could have been there. Jo and Ellen etc.

It would be kinda weird, though. Because usually if main characters die, you would want to focus on their legacy in terms of the people they saved and not the "yay, we all died before you (and sometimes because of you), welcome" crowd.

Would also fit with Calvert saying he has a short blip in the Finale without dialogue. Nougat-God could smile beatifically at them. 

For the longest time I wondered which other CW show`s Finale they would rip off. Vampire Diaries was a contender (still is) but now it looks more and more like Arrow. 

I wish I had some confidence in the legacy they leave behind. I really dislike my negativism.  I had so many theories to bolster me through this season.  Chuck has a plan or this isn't the same universe, etc. etc. etc. Largely because no one is acting like themselves, especially Sam and Dean. And they all felt like cheap imitations, lackluster without soul and purpose. 

I don't know if it was intentional or if the writers don't know or don't care about them, or understand them. Maybe it is impossible for these few not so good writers to pick up where the others left off. 

Something will happen all melodramatic and full of "feels" (God how I hate that immature term). Except it will be barren, contrived and bereft of anything earned and organic. 

I don't see any of this as what really happens, because they aren't the same people in their story. So, for me, blessed and praised by Chuck as the firewall between light and dark, Sam and Dean will always be out there huntin things and saving people until they choose to stop. We just won't see it.

• Love 4
On 11/13/2020 at 4:19 PM, Castiels Cat said:

Chuck foretold a future with monsters if they killed him.

Except they didn't kill him.

We'll see if they die or not, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they flash forward years into the future with them sitting on the porch with a beer and reminiscing about the bad old days.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, 7kstar said:

I don't blame Rob for what happened to his character.  I blame the writers.  The last part, they should be embarrassed that it was on the screen.  They did it better the first time.  I wish they had never made Chuck God and in my rewrite, well; he isn't.

Rob will be fine, and now he can focus on his music and friendship with the boys.  Maybe the good that can come out of this mess...he gets some other acting gigs outside of Supernatural, since it's over, anyway.

I would love to read your rewrite. I think, for me, the worst part of this is what they have done to Chuck and everything he stood for. When we met him as a prophet, he was sincerely helping Sam to consider all the reasons with why he was drinking demon blood; gently encouraging. I adored him. Accepting him as God required a little effort, but I liked the hands off to let his baby grow up and the way he encouraged everyone, all beings, to bring something to the table to save their world from darkness. 

I cant believe how they retconned and degraded this character and in doing so degraded Sam and Dean, just to supplant him with a child. The concept of God is an extraordinary thing; and even if one doesn't believe, it is still an amazing idea. Creating the beautiful intricate universe and bestowing a soul and freewill was done by a petulant hateful monster? Outrageous. 

I know Rob has suffered some backlash, largely from those who can't separate actors from acting. He thought he was returning to meet his grandson and seemed to accept the meta of it all. But, I wonder now that it is all said and done if he has regrets. It is lovely to see his friendships with cast and his music. I wish him the very best. And you, too, 7KStar.

• Love 8

You know what could have been interesting? Considering this last episode felt it necessary to give pointless cameos to the two main archangelic characters of Season 5 and show that they never experienced any character growth ever in the end and thinking back on how archangels were first defined as "heaven`s fiercest warriors"? Once the Winchesters die and go to Heaven, make them its new archangelic defenders. In lol!canon world the logictics would hardly be a problem anyway.

• Love 10
10 hours ago, Dobian said:

Except they didn't kill him.

We'll see if they die or not, but I also wouldn't be surprised if they flash forward years into the future with them sitting on the porch with a beer and reminiscing about the bad old days.

I take it that the point was no chuck.. human Chuck is not the same thing. Show runner has said that the end is final. A flash forward is not final because  someone can go back and do a series based on  them before they died back in time. 

It sounds to me like he is killing the show which is his writing has done.

Maybe he is going to pull back the fourth wall and say it6a television show. I am Chuck. It is over.

Edited by Castiels Cat
15 hours ago, 7kstar said:

It did allow him to expand his range.

I`m about 92 % sure now the Finale involves some death. Though it is still questionably if only one or both. 

Since Dabb was going on about the "character journeys" being finished, I could see him get one stupid lesson in where Dean now lets Sam go and the final scene is a goodbye where Sam moves onto heaven and Dean stays behind. 

The strange thing about that would be that they have set up a "happy life" possibility for Sam and not for Dean. So in that regard, it would make way more sense the other way around. 

Also Jensen mentioned that he disliked the finality aspect of it. If Dean stayed behind, he would have a less final ending than frankly Sam. Whereas if Dean died, it fits more with his words. 

Though if you do that, it is usually customary to show at least a montage or imply about the life of the surviving person. Which apparently not if the final scene is just the brothers.  

Both dying takes care of that problem. But then, what does the stupid title stand for? Who does the "carry on"? The people they leave behind? Maybe. If they go somewhere aka heaven it is "move on" or else they would have to carry on with a task there. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 11/13/2020 at 1:42 PM, Binns said:

Just saw this on Twitter. Could the writers be that smart? Is it possible?

The problem with this is that it puts Sam and Dean right back on the hampster wheel of someone else controlling their story.  "I don't like that ending, so I'm going to erase it and write a new one.'  The guys should be upset and questioning if they will ever escape but there really isn't time for another existential crisis. 

52 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

I`m about 92 % sure now the Finale involves some death. Though it is still questionably if only one or both. 

If this wasn't DabbNatural I would wonder if they might pull another what really happened.  The ending was very neat, and would be Dean's fantasy.  Being on the open road with with Sam, would be Dean's Heaven.

He looked pretty beat up during that God fight. 

57 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Since Dabb was going on about the "character journeys" being finished, I could see him get one stupid lesson in where Dean now lets Sam go and the final scene is a goodbye where Sam moves onto heaven and Dean stays behind. 

I also had a theory that Dean is dead and is revealed to be a ghost and Sam has to basically tell him and convince him to let go.  Kind of like Road Kill.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

You know what could have been interesting? Considering this last episode felt it necessary to give pointless cameos to the two main archangelic characters of Season 5 and show that they never experienced any character growth ever in the end and thinking back on how archangels were first defined as "heaven`s fiercest warriors"? Once the Winchesters die and go to Heaven, make them its new archangelic defenders. In lol!canon world the logictics would hardly be a problem anyway.

Well, since Heaven (and earth) are now supposed to be all joy, all the time (or at least left on their own with no outside interference), and everyone has to learn to see Jack in everything, they supposedly won't need any more warriors.  After all, the archangels hadn't done anything since they locked Lucifer up till the Winchesters came along.  (And even Hell is under control--no more crossroads demons, no more demons stirring up trouble just for the hell of it (sorry...😊) since Rowena is apparently also a proponent of free will, so the only ones who'll wind up in hell are the ones who get there on their own).  No more need for angels except as maintenance crew for heaven. 

And if Mother of Monsters Eve is dead (is she in the Empty?) then no new monsters will be showing up, and the population growth of the rest will be slowing down with no more alphas, so hunters will eventually work their way out of a job, too.

3 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

Though if you do that, it is usually customary to show at least a montage or imply about the life of the surviving person. Which apparently not if the final scene is just the brothers.  

Both dying takes care of that problem. But then, what does the stupid title stand for? Who does the "carry on"? The people they leave behind? Maybe. If they go somewhere aka heaven it is "move on" or else they would have to carry on with a task there. 

They already did the montage.  This week is just mopping up, and I bet will have more to do with guest stars than Winchesters.

2 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

I also had a theory that Dean is dead and is revealed to be a ghost and Sam has to basically tell him and convince him to let go.  Kind of like Road Kill.

There was a (very good, actually) fanfic about that several years ago.  I can't remember the title right now.

My question is:  do we know for sure that the scene at the Impala is the actual last scene of the show?  I know both Js said that it was very emotional and they filmed it  last because they wanted to use the emotion, but in one of those "oral histories" I read yesterday, Jensen said: 

Jared and I were out on the road in this beautiful mountain [area] on our last day of shooting. The sun was setting — keep in mind I’m not saying that that’s the final scene, but that was the final scene that we shot. After we yelled, “Cut! That’s a series wrap on Supernatural,” the crew took a moment, packed up and cleared off. Jared and I stood there a little longer, and I said, “Hey, man, I’m really proud of us. I’m really proud of what we did.”

Now maybe he was trying to back off from giving a spoiler, but it's also possible to have it both ways:  it was the last scene the boys shot, to bring the emotion, but (given Dabb) the episode could continue on with scenes filmed earlier, probably without them--all the guest stars looking sad, or scenes of life going on (for one or the other of them) or even the dreaded montage.  

Edited by ahrtee
Posting seemed to have eaten a few words so I added them back to make sense.
  • Useful 2
3 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

My question is:  do we know for sure that the scene at the Impala is the actual last scene of the show?  I know both Js said that it was very emotional and they filmed it  last because they wanted to use the emotion, but in one of those "oral histories" I read yesterday, Jensen said: 

Now maybe he was trying to back off from giving a spoiler, but it's also possible to have it both ways:  it was the last scene the boys shot, to bring the emotion, but (given Dabb) the episode could continue on with scenes filmed earlier, probably without them--all the guest stars looking sad, or scenes of life going on (for one or the other of them) or even the dreaded montage.  

That quote-of-the-day-thing Jason Fisher always did on hid twitter lists 3 scenes for the final shooting day and in that scene nr.60 last. It seems to be the actual last scene.

But of course noone knows how the episode might be edited together. Doing another montage would feel kinda silly, though. Well, it's Badd.

• Love 1

Kevin Parks from the show confirmed that the final scene shot is actually the final scene of the episode. Now since it is apparently on a bridge, maybe they will go for the super-cheesy literal "crossing over" visual here. One goes on (likely Dean) and one stays behind (likely Sam) or both cross over.   

And Dean`s "character journey" will be that he can die now that Sam can have a nice life? Wouldn`t put it past Badd for whom Dean was literally in the way as he once paraphrased. Not to mention the speech that would go along with it, the kind of "my purpose in life has been fulfilled and you are the greatest thing ever" stuff.

Edited by Aeryn13
14 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Kevin Parks from the show confirmed that the final scene shot is actually the final scene of the episode. Now since it is apparently on a bridge, maybe they will go for the super-cheesy literal "crossing over" visual here. One goes on (likely Dean) and one stays behind (likely Sam) or both cross over.   

And Dean`s "character journey" will be that he can die now that Sam can have a nice life? Wouldn`t put it past Badd for whom Dean was literally in the way as he once paraphrased. Not to mention the speech that would go along with it, the kind of "my purpose in life has been fulfilled and you are the greatest thing ever" stuff.

And now Eileen can be the wind beneath his wings and make sure he eats well,  gets enough sleep and takes care of the house and kids so he can lead all the hunters in his spare time from being a lawyer .....

Where is the gag emoji when we really need it?

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Castiels Cat said:

Maybe he is going to pull back the fourth wall and say it6a television show. I am Chuck. It is over.

They already did that one where Supernatural is a TV show in an alternate universe.  Which I remember best for Misha/Cass telling Sam and Dean about his fans, aka "Mishamigos"!

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Someone upthread said Jim Beaver filmed on the last day. I didn't know that. How did we confirm that? 

He posted it on either his twitter or his insta. I don`t remember which now.

18 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

@Bobcatkitten @Aeryn13

Jensen's Instagram indicated the last day of filming on Sept 11. On Sep 10 Jim tweeted:

sep10.png

And on the 11th he tweeted these (he always tweets the airport codes when he's leaving).

sep112.png

sep11.png

Ah, thanks. So last day of principal photography he meant the second to last day. Or the final day wasn't counted as such. 

Then maybe it's just AU!Bobby rhapsodizing Sam.

And the final scene is just the brothers going into the light or something?

• Useful 1
1 minute ago, Aeryn13 said:

Ah, thanks. So last day of principal photography he meant the second to last day. Or the final day wasn't counted as such. 

Then maybe it's just AU!Bobby rhapsodizing Sam.

And the final scene is just the brothers going into the light or something?

I assume he just meant his last day - he did tweet in October that he'd just done his final bit of post-production voice work, so it was really over for him. Either way, it does indicate that he's in 15x20 for sure.

oct25.png

• Useful 3
13 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

What would really be cool (since he didn't get his initials on the table) is if the show is closed out by JDM.

OG!Bobby drops in from heaven with the news that John Winchester's soul is missing and "hasn't been home in a few weeks".

Sam looks flabbergasted and Dean gives the biggest WTF??? look in the history of the show.

Then they go to a beach with a sign next to them that reads "No. Just no."

• LOL 4

Promo pics Here

So, it looks like at least a beginning scene still in the bunker?

And possibly 3 costume changes in one episode? I mean I see two sets here and neither are the Pilot clothes.

Since the barn fight scene has to be scene 28 that took 3 days to shoot, I'd guess mid-episode.

My newest prediction: a time-skip at the end of the ep, indicating they hunted for a while and then died older. So noone dies "onscreen" in the hunt here.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

Promo pics Here

And possibly 3 costume changes in one episode? I mean I see two sets here and neither are the Pilot clothes.

Since the barn fight scene has to be scene 28 that took 3 days to shoot, I'd guess mid-episode.

My newest prediction: a time-skip at the end of the ep, indicating they hunted for a while and then died older. So noone dies "onscreen" in the hunt here.

The monster is a man in a mask and body suit. Why show a pic of Robert Singer. Is this spoiler for the puff part.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

I think people are making too much of the barn being the same from an earlier season. They sometimes just use the same locations. 

We have "day of" BTS photos that put them in the barn scene being filmed under COVID restrictions.  It's definitely this episode.

19 minutes ago, SueB said:

We have "day of" BTS photos that put them in the barn scene being filmed under COVID restrictions.  It's definitely this episode.

I know that. I'm saying some are attaching significance to the barn specifically because an angel scene was there years ago

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

Promo pics Here

Probably as good a guess as any. Honestly, I assume the only reason the last episode is focusing on the Winchesters at all - when the entire season didn't and the mytharc had little to do with them - is because it was a stipulation of the WB/CW.

I'm sure there will be death - one or both, at this point it really doesn't even matter anymore. But I feel like whatever happens is purposely going to be very mundane. Watching them go through the day, doing a hunt, yada, yada. Maybe someone dies. BM moment or two. The end.

Oh, and another obligatory montage at the beginning of the episode, because that's usually where it's placed in the last episode of every season.

Edited by PAForrest
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
32 minutes ago, PAForrest said:

Oh, and another obligatory montage at the beginning of the episode, because that's usually where it's place in the last episode of every season.

Assuming they go with the traditional Carry On My Wayward Son opening - and there is zero doubt they will -  it will be doubly meaningful, as I saw on Twitter that November 19th is also the anniversary of the original release of the song (44 yrs.).

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Assuming they go with the traditional Carry On My Wayward Son opening - and there is zero doubt they will -  it will be doubly meaningful, as I saw on Twitter that November 19th is also the anniversary of the original release of the song (44 yrs.).

That's interesting. Yeah, we know they'll use Carry On because they always have.  It's the signature song. But will they play it not just in the opening montage but again at the end? Or will they use another classic song, assuming they could even afford it?

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, PAForrest said:

That's interesting. Yeah, we know they'll use Carry On because they always have.  It's the signature song. But will they play it not just in the opening montage but again at the end? Or will they use another classic song, assuming they could even afford it?

I wonder if they'll use the Fan Fiction ballad-y version at the end? Badd never met an idea he wouldn't re-use, so it wouldn't surprise me.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I wonder if they'll use the Fan Fiction ballad-y version at the end? Badd never met an idea he wouldn't re-use, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Honestly, that was kind of my thinking - that the last song would have to be more melodious, less hard rock. So a ballad version of Carry On would ironically work.

• Love 1

I wish they would use “Brother” by NEEDTOBREATHE. It’s perfect for them. Maybe the band wouldn’t agree to it...they might be a Christian band. But “brother let me be your shelter” etc...

• Love 3

Personally I want The Famous Final Scene (yes, I know they've used it before...twice...so that doesn't seem to be a problem.)  I especially want the end of the song, which they rarely get to:

And how you tried to make it work
Did you really think it could
How you tried to make it last
Did you really think it would
Like a guest who stayed too long
Now its finally time to leave
Yes, its finally time to leave

Take it calmly and serene
Its the famous final scene
Its been coming on so long
You were just the last to know
Its been a long time since youve smiled
Seems like oh so long ago
Now the stage has all been set
And the nights are growing cold
Soon the winter will be here
And theres no one warm to hold
Now the lines have all been read
And you knew them all by heart
Now you move toward the door
Here it comes the hardest part
Try the handle of the road
Feeling different feeling strange
This can never be arranged
As the light fades from the screen
From the famous final scene

• Love 2
7 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

This is So. Cool.

I love it.

I also think that we'll get a time skip at the end, but I'm wondering if the big fight scene will be shown, but also possibly flashed back to as the exact time/moment of death for one or both of them.

I'm also thinking that we might not get an actual death scene, but not ruling it out.

I'd really want to see it if Dean dies, not as interested if it's just Sam, though.

• Love 5

In this interview with EW, Jensen 'spoiler alerts' that it was him, Jared, Rob and (this was the spoiler alert) Jake Abel, were in quarantine together (apart). No mention of Misha. So unless he did film something on that one day before shutdown - unlikely, since it was 19 they were beginning and we've already seen that - he's not part of the finale - at least not with new material.

• Love 2

In that same interview, Jensen talks about the two 'last days'. They had their last day on the soundstage on Friday, then Mon-Wed filming on the road. The last page of the script was filmed last, per Singer's wishes - presumably Wednesday -  which Jensen concurred with, but he also says the most emotional scenes of the finale were filmed on the Friday. So take from that what you will.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

In this interview with EW, Jensen 'spoiler alerts' that it was him, Jared, Rob and (this was the spoiler alert) Jake Abel, were in quarantine together (apart). No mention of Misha. So unless he did film something on that one day before shutdown - unlikely, since it was 19 they were beginning and we've already seen that - he's not part of the finale - at least not with new material.

He also said that the most emotional day in the script/scene was not final day but the last Friday. Going by the QOTD on this day the final scene of that big fight scene was shot.

That would point a lot to it ending in a death scene, likely Dean.

Though then I'm not sure, Jensen kept filming and chronologically there would be a few scenes after that. Dean as a ghost hanging around? Then a final reunion in the afterlife?

I wouldn't mind Dean dying so much, even on a regular hunt if it had purpose to it. Saving someone, preferably a civilian again for a change. And it wasn't done stupidly/due to incompetence. Also his legacy got acknowledged.

But with no real recurring characters around - AU!Bobby wouldn't give a shit really - there is nothing to give it weight.

Aaaaaaand I have seriously no idea what Badd is talking about here, it's the bloody opposite from what he used to say, see Article

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Useful 2