Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

Since there is no way there is going to be depth or imagination enough to pull off a deeper meaning than the meta that has been offered, this is how I see it.

1st option: Big battle culminates into redemption for Chuck. Realizing he can never defeat the free will of others and in penance for all the wrongs, he willingly hands the world over to Jack.  Jack in his naivete thinks that Sam and Dean should get to go back in time and do it their way without interference. In the final cosmic joke of Dabb, Sam and Dean are unable to defeat the Woman in White, as they are without skill, and die.

2nd option: Chuck wins, as he represents the writers. Rather than destroying the world, he sends them back in time for a do over. But, "this time God wants you to remember"(who's boss. Sam and Dean cannot bring themselves to do this all over. They drive off the bridge to their deaths.

3rd option: Sam, Dean, Castiel, Rowena, and Lucifer, band together in the name of freewill and guardians of the Earth to keep the darkness at bay. A proud Chuck, confident that his baby has indeed grown up, leaves his beloved creation in the capable hands of Sam and Dean. Forever role models of freedom and courage, perseverance and strength, as seen in the Winchester Gospels, a legacy that lives until the end of time.

• Useful 1
21 hours ago, SueB said:

No.  That was a "Truss" bridge in Woman in White.  The bridge they are on is either Beam or Arch.

Ok. Thanks for the info..

I am not really watching closely enough to spec out possibilities anyway...

Except that I  don't think this Jack saves all deal is going to work...

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

So, not precisely a spoiler, but in this interview with Glamour, Jensen has a drawing that Danneel had commissioned for him, which depicts the Impala and it is totaled. Is it just me or is that weird? Is it some kind of foreshadowing?

impala.JPG

https://www.instagram.com/alessandropaglia/

This is the artist.  If you look at his instagram he has serveral cars drawn in that design.  So its probably just an artist they like and Danneel got him to do a drawing.

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Yeah, but considering Jensen's (and Dean's) love for the car, to memorialize it like that is bizarre to me.

Well at least going back and looking at what was a hint and what wasn’t after the finale has aired will keep us busy and this board active for just a little longer! I will miss it! 👏🏼

• Love 2
12 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

This is the artist.  If you look at his instagram he has serveral cars drawn in that design.  So its probably just an artist they like and Danneel got him to do a drawing.

It has been totaled more than once in the show's history.

Meh... I am usually good at spec however I am just dread watching. I just think the Jack storyline.will flop and they will wing it.

The manner in which they described the two last episodes made me think we see the Winchesters' hunter funeral which is a flashback episode of remembrances.

I can also see caging Chuck.

It seems a bit late to reform him.

Someone said the holidays going backwards was a clue... maybe just to the Weechester episode? Are they aged down?

Did Netflix watch this before signing off on Resident Evil?

12 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

Yeah, there are no clues here, it's just the style of the artist. But this was a terrific interview with Jensen. We're going to start seeing more solo interviews as the guys are promoting their futures. Supernatural is already the past for them.

I don't feel like the holidays in this last episode were a clue of anything other than Jeremy thinking it was cool to decorate the bunker for each holiday and give the guys those milestones, especially since obviously when they were celebrating none of it was happening on the actual date of said holidays. I think the whole episode time lasted maybe a week or two at the most.

If the reset button comes into play, that could mean anything, including resetting the entire series to where none of anything in the last 15 years happened. Essentially Bobby coming out of the shower ala Dallas. And what a huge series destroying cop-out that would be. Sure, I wouldn't put it past Drabb since he hates the show anyway and killing it dead would be his dream. But would the WB really allow that? I mean, that's basically tossing a How I Met Your Mother bomb into the entire series, effectively making it syndication poison.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

I think the only way a reset could work - for me anyway-  is if Chuck had a true come-to-Jesus (heheh) moment and reset things back to the pilot, but with their memories intact*. They could go to Daniel Elkins and get the Colt, lay in wait, and kill Yellow Eyes before before he has a chance to kill Jessica. It would work if Chuck decided to keep his wayward children in line. They could still choose to go and save all the people they saved, or Sam could have his 'normal' life without cutting his family out of it altogether, and Dean and John (who is oh so impressed with Dean's intuition about the hunts, lol) continue the family business together. It's corny enough that Jensen would balk at it, but plausible enough that Kripke could talk him into it.

*full disclosure, I wrote a fic with a similar plot line, wouldn't be surprised if Badd couldn't do better than an amateur fanfic writer.

35 minutes ago, PAForrest said:

Yeah, there are no clues here, it's just the style of the artist.

You guys are probably right, but I'm never not going to find it bizarre that you would want something you love 'memorialized' this way. Kinda like having a drawing of your pet after an encounter with a truck.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Synopsis on IMDB of tonight's episode...

Gimme Shelter

"Castiel and Jack work a case involving members of a local church. Meanwhile, Sam and Dean go off in search of Amara"

Interpretation....Jack and Castiel go off to work on the main plot "meanwhile" the stars of the show go off to do something equally as boring.

Funny that he points out that Highway to Heaven had respectable ratings considering.....

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Synopsis on IMDB of tonight's episode...

Gimme Shelter

"Castiel and Jack work a case involving members of a local church. Meanwhile, Sam and Dean go off in search of Amara"

Interpretation....Jack and Castiel go off to work on the main plot "meanwhile" the stars of the show go off to do something equally as boring.

Funny that he points out that Highway to Heaven had respectable ratings considering.....

Why does Badd even speak at this point?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Why does Badd even speak at this point?

Probably because he knows that once SPN is over, no one will ever hear anything from him again.

• LOL 1
4 minutes ago, Smad said:

Probably because he knows that once SPN is over, no one will ever hear anything from him again.

Netflix was already dumb enough to give him a new show. Their loss. 

5 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Netflix was already dumb enough to give him a new show. Their loss. 

Well these are the same people who hired Benioff & Weiss so maybe consider the source lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I think the only way a reset could work - for me anyway-  is if Chuck had a true come-to-Jesus (heheh) moment and reset things back to the pilot, but with their memories intact*. They could go to Daniel Elkins and get the Colt, lay in wait, and kill Yellow Eyes before before he has a chance to kill Jessica. It would work if Chuck decided to keep his wayward children in line. They could still choose to go and save all the people they saved, or Sam could have his 'normal' life without cutting his family out of it altogether, and Dean and John (who is oh so impressed with Dean's intuition about the hunts, lol) continue the family business together. It's corny enough that Jensen would balk at it, but plausible enough that Kripke could talk him into it.

*full disclosure, I wrote a fic with a similar plot line, wouldn't be surprised if Badd couldn't do better than an amateur fanfic writer.

You guys are probably right, but I'm never not going to find it bizarre that you would want something you love 'memorialized' this way. Kinda like having a drawing of your pet after an encounter with a truck.

I am not sure they get clear cut happy... but yes a reset of some sorts could work, could be a final ending with no way forward and could have given Jensen pause.

What will a guy with a comics background that doesn't think too hard about things and has a grudge match against at least one of the main characters do in this situation? Do comics have happy endings?

I have zero expectations that this won't absolutely disappoint me, but the preview for 15x16 (the one with the WeeChesters) actually looks like an old-school Winchesters episode. Alas, it will probably be a rip off of Something Wicked and once again blame young Dean for somehow screwing up and endangering Sammy/others.

Edited by gonzosgirrl

I know it can be an iffy source but imdb lists Emily Swallow as being in episode 17, the one where Dean and Nougat take a road trip while Sam and Cas deal with EmptyBilly (or whomever that is).

Since I highly doubt she gets killed in that episode, I`m guessing the plan is being at least altered. Of course I expect Dean to be dragged for lying to her. As far as I`m concerned she deserves it for declaring IceMary "better". Compared to what, food poisoning? I`d still argue that. 

There is also, going by the trailers, definitely a scene where Chuck meets up with Amara and then the entire Chuck storms the bunker shenanigans. Which I would guess will happen in episode 18.  

I have zero expectations that this won't absolutely disappoint me, but the preview for 15x16 (the one with the WeeChesters) actually looks like an old-school Winchesters episode. Alas, it will probably be a rip off of Something Wicked and once again blame young Dean for somehow screwing up and endangering Sammy/others.

The promo looks good but considering the writer? Expect very bad things.

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1

Another interview with Emily Swallow, this one on Hypable.  I thought it was interesting.  She also says nice things about the set in general and about Jensen and Rob in particular.  And about Dean and Amara, natch!  😃

• Love 6
Just now, Lemuria said:

Another interview with Emily Swallow, this one on Hypable.  I thought it was interesting.  She also says nice things about the set in general and about Jensen and Rob in particular.  And about Dean and Amara, natch!  😃

Thank you,  Lemuria. 🙂

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Lemuria said:

That was awesome, I really loved hearing about how she and Jensen worked together.  I mean it was quite detailed in a way we don't often get the chance to hear.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Lemuria said:

Fantastic interview - thanks for posting this! I really do like Emily - saw her at the very last convention I attended. She was a delight - and gorgeous!

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, PAForrest said:

Fantastic interview - thanks for posting this! I really do like Emily - saw her at the very last convention I attended. She was a delight - and gorgeous!

She was at the last Toronto con I went to, and she sang - oddly enough, given her most recent episode - Gimme Shelter, and she blew the roof off. I love her.

• Love 5

@Casseiopeia wrote up the last 4 eps..

Since I don’t do ‘bitter’, but was going to write something similar, I wanted to acknowledge that there’s a similar topic in the other thread if that’s your preferred response area.  

The last 4 episodes and what we know:

15.17 Unity -

ONE WAY OR ANOTHER – Dean (Jensen Ackles) hits the road with Jack (Alexander Calvert) who needs to complete a final ritual in the quest to beat Chuck (guest star Rob Benedict). A difference of opinion leaves Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Castiel (Misha Collins) behind looking for answers to questions of their own. Catriona McKenzie directed the episode written by Meredith Glynn (#1517). Original airdate 10/29/2020.

Pictures/Promo tell us: Sam/Cas look for another way, Dean/Jack go to load his power up for his suicide run, Amara shows up in the bunker. Looks like Dean/Jack deal with literal Adam and Eve (who have a hippie vibe going). Amara appears to make a gateway (not a floating space thing but a doorway) in the wall. 
At some point all 4 are with Amara.

SPPT video combined with a wardrobe cross-check has this the Billy episode where she shows her cards.

Exchange with Natalie Fischer (who watched the episode last night)

Apparently screeners were sent out - it's a Sam heavy episode. I'm betting $5 that Sam kills Death.

Also very cry-worthy.  Does Cas make his deal more concrete? (speculation on my part)

15.18 Despair - 

RICHARD SPEIGHT, JR. DIRECTS – With the plan in full motion, Sam (Jared Padalecki), Dean (Jensen Ackles), Castiel (Misha Collins) and Jack (Alexander Calvert) fight for the good of the common goal. Richard Speight, Jr. directed the episode written by Robert Berens (#1518). Original airdate 11/5/2020.

Well THIS sounds awful. As in sad (not a bitterness comment) 

15.19 Inherit the Earth

CARRY ON – Everything is on the line as the battle against God (guest star Rob Benedict) continues. A familiar face returns to join the fight.
The episode was directed by John Showalter and written by Eugenie Ross-Leming & Brad Buckner (#1519).
Original airdate 11/12/2020.

Breaking down the set photos, "Au Revoir" SPPT video was filmed during the big 3-day shoot fight scene.  Which appears to take place in a barn, with at least one clown.  Also appears the scene is only Sam and Dean in the fight - could be that's the only footage we've seen.
This clearly has Michael in it based on Jake's Instagram.

15.20 Carry On

Based on the SPPT video, Jack is in the last episode.  Clear BTS shots of him with the boys and Robert Singer (director). Also, Sam gets scraped up in the face.  Sam is in red plaid shirt, Dean in light blue over black T.  I suspect Charlie and Donna and Bobbie are in this episode.  15.19 seems too "epic" for hugs.  

I screenshot a TON of photos from the video but they are so big (in terms of image size).  I played the SPPT video at .25 speed. Lots of stuff in there.

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, SueB said:

@Casseiopeia wrote up the last 4 eps..

Since I don’t do ‘bitter’, but was going to write something similar, I wanted to acknowledge that there’s a similar topic in the other thread if that’s your preferred response area.  

The last 4 episodes and what we know:

15.17 Unity -

ONE WAY OR ANOTHER – Dean (Jensen Ackles) hits the road with Jack (Alexander Calvert) who needs to complete a final ritual in the quest to beat Chuck (guest star Rob Benedict). A difference of opinion leaves Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Castiel (Misha Collins) behind looking for answers to questions of their own. Catriona McKenzie directed the episode written by Meredith Glynn (#1517). Original airdate 10/29/2020.

Pictures/Promo tell us: Sam/Cas look for another way, Dean/Jack go to load his power up for his suicide run, Amara shows up in the bunker. Looks like Dean/Jack deal with literal Adam and Eve (who have a hippie vibe going). Amara appears to make a gateway (not a floating space thing but a doorway) in the wall. 
At some point all 4 are with Amara.

SPPT video combined with a wardrobe cross-check has this the Billy episode where she shows her cards.

Exchange with Natalie Fischer (who watched the episode last night)

Apparently screeners were sent out - it's a Sam heavy episode. I'm betting $5 that Sam kills Death.

Also very cry-worthy.  Does Cas make his deal more concrete? (speculation on my part)

15.18 Despair - 

RICHARD SPEIGHT, JR. DIRECTS – With the plan in full motion, Sam (Jared Padalecki), Dean (Jensen Ackles), Castiel (Misha Collins) and Jack (Alexander Calvert) fight for the good of the common goal. Richard Speight, Jr. directed the episode written by Robert Berens (#1518). Original airdate 11/5/2020.

Well THIS sounds awful. As in sad (not a bitterness comment) 

15.19 Inherit the Earth

CARRY ON – Everything is on the line as the battle against God (guest star Rob Benedict) continues. A familiar face returns to join the fight.
The episode was directed by John Showalter and written by Eugenie Ross-Leming & Brad Buckner (#1519).
Original airdate 11/12/2020.

Breaking down the set photos, "Au Revoir" SPPT video was filmed during the big 3-day shoot fight scene.  Which appears to take place in a barn, with at least one clown.  Also appears the scene is only Sam and Dean in the fight - could be that's the only footage we've seen.
This clearly has Michael in it based on Jake's Instagram.

15.20 Carry On

Based on the SPPT video, Jack is in the last episode.  Clear BTS shots of him with the boys and Robert Singer (director). Also, Sam gets scraped up in the face.  Sam is in red plaid shirt, Dean in light blue over black T.  I suspect Charlie and Donna and Bobbie are in this episode.  15.19 seems too "epic" for hugs.  

I screenshot a TON of photos from the video but they are so big (in terms of image size).  I played the SPPT video at .25 speed. Lots of stuff in there.

Thanks Sue B! :)

So do you think Cas dies in Despair, and sadly is NOT in the last 2? Unfortunately, that's what I think. 😞 I hope I'm wrong.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, S Cook Productions said:

Thanks Sue B! 🙂

So do you think Cas dies in Despair, and sadly is NOT in the last 2? Unfortunately, that's what I think. 😞 I hope I'm wrong.

Yeah.  Listening to an interview with Jess from "The Mary Sue" and Misha, Misha said 17 and 18 are sort of one combined episode.  Which would make sense from a "Castiel dies" perspective.

One thing that gives me pause is a picture of Cas & Jack talking at the back of the Impala.  We haven't seen that shot yet and it doesn't seem like it's in the next two episodes.  We'll see.  

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, SueB said:

Felicia Day said she's coming back in this week's episode (on Twitter).  Seems like a massive tonal change from the Despair title.

She is in the promo pics. Apparently they gather everyone Death wants to kill because of natural order. Bobby was there also. Couldn't see Eileen.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

She is in the promo pics. Apparently they gather everyone Death wants to kill because of natural order. Bobby was there also. Couldn't see Eileen.

There seems to be an awful lot of people in this episode for an episode that is supposed to be Cas-centric because he dies in it....

6 minutes ago, S Cook Productions said:

There seems to be an awful lot of people in this episode for an episode that is supposed to be Cas-centric because he dies in it....

I think it will still be Cas centric. From the pics and the promo there will be scenes of:

Billie coming to the bunker to have a look at Jack, probably declaring not to change the plan, 

Some pow-wow of deciding to reap Billie,

gathering folks, probably just Charlie onscreen,

Sam, Jack and those folks in a safe room full of glowy sigils,

Billie attacking the bunker, choking Cas in the library, 

Dean with the bloody handprint and the scene where he cries and Cas is probably taken by the Empty,

If the first few are just the set-up in the first 10-15 minutes, you still get the bulk of the episode as Castiel-centric. Likely killing Billie even. I guess he will get the big hero moment here.

It's just funny that super-megapowered Chuck is nice enough to postpone HIS evil plans for an entire episode while everyone deals with Billie. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
44 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

You're probably right (because I'm always wrong in my speculations! 😉) but I thought if that just referred to Billie, they'd say "Death," since she's no longer a reaper.  I thought that might actually be later in the ep, that they've killed Billie but recognize that they have to have a Death, and so they need to kill a reaper to get a replacement.

Which really is a way too complicated a thought for that line! 😊

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, Lemuria said:

You're probably right (because I'm always wrong in my speculations! 😉) but I thought if that just referred to Billie, they'd say "Death," since she's no longer a reaper.  I thought that might actually be later in the ep, that they've killed Billie but recognize that they have to have a Death, and so they need to kill a reaper to get a replacement.

Which really is a way too complicated a thought for that line! 😊

I used them interchangeably (and I think they do the same because Billie started out as a reaper and basically only got a promotion to grim reaper) because in the promo you see them discussing it and Dean saying "lets reap a reaper". Since Billie is their obvious  problem right now and you have scenes of her attacking the bunker, telling Dean? and Cas the plan has changed and she wants them dead now, also the actress isn`t listed for any further episodes, it seems a given that she will die here. 

Ultimately, yes, there needs to be a Death so maybe they`ll swing it like Cas takes over or whatever band-aid they put on. Or they just leave it up to "next reaper to die, whenever that happens". There was a not unsignificant time differential between old Death dying and Billie dying where apparently having no capital D-Death was fine. 

Misha said something that Cas "finds something" that could solve the problem with Jack/God. So he might de-power the Nougat again. Somehow.

Then in ep 19 you get Adam back (and for some reason Lucy). I`m thinking more and more that "Light" and "Darkness" either go into just Sam or Dean and Sam to solve the Seasonal arc. And then they do a reset of their own liking (where they fix up the show and then take themselves out of it). Or just Sam does it. I hope they remember Dean. It`s the second big sibling thing here after Season 5, maybe this time both Winchesters could actually participate in the resolution. 

Btw, I checked the 15x18 promo again, AU!Charlie and the people in the safe room appear to be disintegrating. So long then, I guess. Wonder if Billie kills Eileen offscreen. 

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I don't know if this is an actual episode pic, or a BTS pic, but it is apparently from the finale. Article here.

Honestly, Dean/Jensen looks like it could be from a much earlier season in this photo. Wow.

pie2.png

Good grief, how is it possible Jensen keeps looking younger? I think the reason he and the fam keep moving from house to house is that they're always looking for a bigger better closet for that Faustian portrait. The man has made a deal!

Cute photo.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

I think it will still be Cas centric. From the pics and the promo there will be scenes of:

Billie coming to the bunker to have a look at Jack, probably declaring not to change the plan, 

gathering folks, probably just Charlie onscreen,

Sam, Jack and those folks in a safe room full of glowy sigils,

Billie attacking the bunker, choking Cas in the library, 

Dean with the bloody handprint and the scene where he cries and Cas is probably taken by the Empty,

If the first few are just the set-up in the first 10-15 minutes, you still get the bulk of the episode as Castiel-centric. Likely killing Billie even. I guess he will get the big hero moment here.

It's just funny that super-megapowered Chuck is nice enough to postpone HIS evil plans for an entire episode while everyone deals with Billie. 

"It's just funny that super-megapowered Chuck is nice enough to postpone HIS evil plans for an entire episode while everyone deals with Billie."

Hahaha This is hilarious!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Wasn't Robert Wisdom supposed to be back as Uriel?  I thought I remembered spoiler pics of Misha and Robert Wisdom together.

I remember Alex mentioning we see Jack briefly in the finale but he has no dialogue.   According to IMDB if accurate Charlie, Bobby,Donna are all back.  It also lists Rob and Emily. 

I figure Jack blowing up the empty is what woke up Lucifer.  I think next ep will start with Sam and Dean being sad over losing Eileen and Cas.  I'm guessing Adam shows up here and tells them they everyone is gone. So Sam and Dean head out.  We get Sam and Dean wondering what to do, and Dean finding the dog, which will single hope.  Unless this is God. 

Sam and Dean end up at the hotel where they find Lucifer.   They decide to take the fight to God.  This is the beach scene.  There is a big battle.  We have that shot of Sam with his face all bloody and Jensen held up a similar photo on his phone in one of those interviews.   We know this will also involve an emotional conversation.  So I wonder if Sam isn't possessed by Amara but he's given the emotional appeal to her this time.  Amara fights from the inside.

I'm guessing either Sam or Dean will sacrifice themselves here.  (I go back and forth on who it will be).  Chuck will be stopped, Jack will become the new death.  But as a reward, all the people on Earth are brought back.  This is why we see our Bobby or our Charlie. 

So I'm guessing the brother that survived is on Earth trying to carry on.  The brother that died is in Heaven.  There is a random vampire, so that sounds like a hunt in Heaven.  With the pic of Dean happily eating pie, it seems like it fits Dean' version of happiness rather than Sam, but characterization is no a strong point for these writers. 

is there any other scenes from the promos we haven't seen yet?

• Useful 1
23 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Wasn't Robert Wisdom supposed to be back as Uriel?  I thought I remembered spoiler pics of Misha and Robert Wisdom together.

I remember Alex mentioning we see Jack briefly in the finale but he has no dialogue.   According to IMDB if accurate Charlie, Bobby,Donna are all back.  It also lists Rob and Emily. 

I figure Jack blowing up the empty is what woke up Lucifer.  I think next ep will start with Sam and Dean being sad over losing Eileen and Cas.  I'm guessing Adam shows up here and tells them they everyone is gone. So Sam and Dean head out.  We get Sam and Dean wondering what to do, and Dean finding the dog, which will single hope.  Unless this is God. 

Sam and Dean end up at the hotel where they find Lucifer.   They decide to take the fight to God.  This is the beach scene.  There is a big battle.  We have that shot of Sam with his face all bloody and Jensen held up a similar photo on his phone in one of those interviews.   We know this will also involve an emotional conversation.  So I wonder if Sam isn't possessed by Amara but he's given the emotional appeal to her this time.  Amara fights from the inside.

I'm guessing either Sam or Dean will sacrifice themselves here.  (I go back and forth on who it will be).  Chuck will be stopped, Jack will become the new death.  But as a reward, all the people on Earth are brought back.  This is why we see our Bobby or our Charlie. 

So I'm guessing the brother that survived is on Earth trying to carry on.  The brother that died is in Heaven.  There is a random vampire, so that sounds like a hunt in Heaven.  With the pic of Dean happily eating pie, it seems like it fits Dean' version of happiness rather than Sam, but characterization is no a strong point for these writers. 

is there any other scenes from the promos we haven't seen yet?

I don't know about scenes, but they gave both brothers ample reasons to sacrifice themselves as part of their redemption(in their minds) in ths last episode.

And Jensen said that he tried to portray Dean as paternal in these last episodes. 

So I'm thinking that Dean will die, but I can't see JP liking it so well unless his character gets to be at least one of the sacrificial lambs, if not the only one, so I'm still going with both dying-but if it's only Dean, that would work for me, too.

And now that I think of it, maybe Jensen just didn't want Dean to die in the end and that remark he made about not being ok with it, but then realizing that maybe he was just too close to the characters, was about that.

I'm to the point that I think Dean, at least, will wind up sacrificing himself for a reset.

If Dean is the one left behind on earth, I won't buy that as an end to the series.

It wouldn't work for me at all.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

And Jensen said that he tried to portray Dean as paternal in these last episodes. 

Jensen also said that he had trouble digesting the finality of it.   The word final kind of caught my attention. 

26 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

So I'm thinking that Dean will die, but I can't see JP liking it so well unless his character gets to be at least one of the sacrificial lambs, if not the only one, so I'm still going with both dying-but if it's only Dean, that would work for me, too.

Even if Dean dies the finale could still be Sam centric, and everyone telling him how strong and brave he is to carry on without Dean.  Or it could be he has to convince Dean to let go. 

*I've always had this ideal ending in my mind for Dean.  I've always felt the character needed to go out in a blaze of Glory because he had such a burden on him on, and thinking that someone or something will always want something from Dean.    So I've always pictured this big battle.  Sam and Dean each contributing equally, but neither one making a sacrifice just Dean gets fatally injured and we see his ghost standing there trying to decide if he wants to go back to his body or go with John and Mary who are waiting for him.  Sam tells Dean that he'll be okay and its time for him to rest, than we see Dean walk off into the light with John and Mary and Sam throwing the shot gun in the trunk with I got work to do. 

I can see the final ep being a version of this.  I can see Jared liking it Sam was the one either alive or dead.  Because either way he made the sacrifice, either giving up Dean or giving up his life. 

I wouldn't hate the final ep if it was Dean's funeral. 

*This theory was something I imagined way back in s1.  Obviously somethings don't fit. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

I don't know about scenes, but they gave both brothers ample reasons to sacrifice themselves as part of their redemption(in their minds) in ths last episode.

And now that I think of it, maybe Jensen just didn't want Dean to die in the end and that remark he made about not being ok with it, but then realizing that maybe he was just too close to the characters, was about that.

I'm to the point that I think Dean, at least, will wind up sacrificing himself for a reset.

If Dean is the one left behind on earth, I won't buy that as an end to the series.

It wouldn't work for me at all.

Even at this point it is very difficult to tell how episode 19 goes. It is supposed to be the Season Finale, meaning the entire Chuck plot needs to be wrapped up. I could see the people only slowly returning (maybe none of the characters we know but you just see people) at the very end and this will lead into episode 20.

Which is even harder to predict without knowing how 19 goes. Now the big "heroics" or whatever should happen in ep 19. So I`m kinda "hm" on Jared declaring episode 20 his most favourite. Because that looks like the emotional mop-up job.

I thought the Pilot clothes had some meaning but then they mentioned Easter Eggs in an interview so I think that will be it rather than a narrative reason. 

If one dies and one survives, they have kinda set up more of a life-afterwards for Sam with Eileen. I would be silly to do that, then have him die while Dean who doesn`t have a current insta-life in waiting was around. 

Their final scene could be a goodbye where both now are okay and content with who and where they are and then you never see them truly part ways. Hey, if that happens, at least this time Dabb would get ripped to shreds over it. Because you know that would go over like a lead balloon.  

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Have we figured out how Mark P./Lucifer fits in all this. An actress posted a pic of her with him and the boys on set and talked about the finale and Mark P has said he is in it. She later removed the pic. 

I really wish this was going to be a foiler like the Uriel stuff seems to be because that was before quarantine.