Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

... the hand will prevent him from telling anyone about the dagger.

Eventually he asks Emma to remove it using her magic so he can tell her what Rumple is up to.

I assume this is during or after his arrest scene.

What do you think? Plausible?

I think it is very much possible. And I think Emma will get angry that he's been keeping secrets from her, and break up with him. The SQ will then curse Hook so he starts to act distant and withdrawn. This freaks Emma out, but she'll eventually figures out the truth. I don't think we'll get a CS True Love's kiss this arc, but Emma defeating the SQ may be what releases Hook and Marian from their curses.

Also, I will be pissed if they kill off the SQ.

We need to come up with another abbreviation for the Snow Queen because I keep seeing SQ and thinking, "Wait, so is Emma dumping Hook for Regina?"

As for Hook, I can see it making sense that he makes a deal with Gold. First, he's already blackmailing the guy with the knowledge that Belle doesn't have the dagger. And then he just kissed the hell out of Emma Swan and THEN she asked him out on a date. The guy is going to be cocky as all hell and think he can get the hand back in exchange for his silence about the dagger and of course it will work because he has the knowledge to put Gold in a compromised position and he has a totally hot girl. What could go wrong?

All that said, I frankly don't care how they do it. Even in the most recent set pictures, Gold and Hook are working together and that makes me happy. I'm really excited about Robert and Colin sharing scenes together. After last week's run-in at Gold's shop, I will throw logic out the window for those two to share screen time.

Edited by sharky
  • Love 4

We need to come up with another abbreviation for the Snow Queen because I keep seeing SQ and thinking, "Wait, so is Emma dumping Hook for Regina?"

DQ for Dairy Queen. Just until we find out her real name. ;)

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 5

Sharky, the current abbreviation for Snow Queen is DQ.

What could go wrong?

E.V.E.R.T.H.I.N.G!!!

Hook has always been the overconfident SOB type and seems like this is about to just blow up in his face.  Shouldn't Hook be slightly wary of Rumple just complying like that?  He has to know the man is going to fight back eventually.

• Love 2

I think it is very much possible. And I think Emma will get angry that he's been keeping secrets from her, and break up with him. The SQ will then curse Hook so he starts to act distant and withdrawn. This freaks Emma out, but she'll eventually figures out the truth. I don't think we'll get a CS True Love's kiss this arc, but Emma defeating the SQ may be what releases Hook and Marian from their curses.

Also, I will be pissed if they kill off the SQ.

The DQ seems to hate people without magic for whatever sob reason A&E are going to give her, so I think they are going to parallel what happened between her, Elsa, Kristoff and Anna in the past (probably her trying to convince Elsa that Anna and Kristoff don't love her so she allies with her in whatever plan she has)with her going after Emma both in the past and the present, trying to make her believe that Hook and, maybe, her parents don't love her. So I think Hook is going to be the Anna/Kristoff to Emma's Elsa (they already paralleled him with Kristoff this episode and they are going to parallel him with Anna in the next). The hand and the deal with Rumple is something the DQ is going to use for her benefit, to convince Emma that Hook doesn't love her because he is lying to her.

• Love 1

I was thinking about the arc for Killian and his hand.  We know this will be "quite the favor" and will entail a price just as high. Gold only has so much leverage against Killian so will use this to the best of his ability. We also know Killian is smart and doesn't trust Gold. 

I believe that Rumple will buy Killian's silence with the hand. Telling him that as long as he doesn't tall anyone about the dagger switch he can keep the hand. I believe though that the deal is not summarized correctly when Killian agrees to it and that the hand will prevent him from telling anyone about the dagger.

Either during the date or shortly after Will will distract them and during apprehending him it becomes clear that Killian must tell Emma about the dagger. He realizes he cannot so his plan is to remove the hand himself. This is the scene at the docks with a drunk Killian, bandages, a knife and a tourniquet.

He realizes he cannot remove it, then scene with Rumple gloating in the morning. 

Eventually he asks Emma to remove it using her magic so he can tell her what Rumple is up to. 

I assume this is during or after his arrest scene. 

What do you think? Plausible?

I hope it's plausible, because that's one of the few situations I could handle watching without getting really mad at the writers. Because seriously, Hook? You're better than this.

Another thought I had that could possibly make Hook not seem like such an idiot for dealing with Rumple is if they pull a Boardwalk Empire and show a dream sequence with Hook having two hands before he asks for it back. On Boardwalk, the character Richard Harrow has half his face mutilated because of WWI, and in one of the show's most touching moments, he dreams of having a full face again - only to wake up to a kid screaming at the sight of his injury. Obviously, Hook's injury isn't as gruesome to look at, but if he dreams about being on an amazing date with Emma and he has both of his hands, that might be enough motivation for him to ask for it back.

I don't know. At this point, I'm just praying they don't botch how he gets his hook back.

• Love 1

Yeah, I have to say that Hook going to Rumpel for his hand is just dumb dumb dumb. Hook obviously didn't bother to bring his brain back for S4.

Well something haS to happen to Hook sooner than later with this show!

So a deal going wrong with Rumple is at this stage the easiest.

Adding the Dairy Queen haS something to do with Emma and the Hat ( Hook seems somehow involve)  who swallow magic user into the mix.

There definitely not smooth sailing after the date for CS.

So sorry for those who want sexy time it will be angsty time instead ahead !

Hook has always been the overconfident SOB type and seems like this is about to just blow up in his face.  Shouldn't Hook be slightly wary of Rumple just complying like that?  He has to know the man is going to fight back eventually.

Oh yes, I guess I should've explained the "What could go wrong?" is rhetorical. ;) We have all done some stupid things when love has blinded us. I feel like Hook is no different. Falling in love with someone 300 years after his last true love died has made that moronic pirate blind as a bat.

• Love 2

Just until we find out her real name.

I don't think she'll get a name. EM said in her interview that she doesn't think the DQ has a name and they're already shooting the last episode of the arc. After the Emma connection reveal, I don't know why her name would still need to be kept secret.

Since the DQ is anti-non magical people, any chance they tie that back into the Home Office of anti-magic? Or would that be too confusing to the Frozen newbies? I could see the DQ and kid Emma being hunted by the anti-magic freaks people and somehow that leads to DQ having to give up Emma and erasing her memories. EM did say it was very personal. DQ sounded very bitter about the whole being betrayed by friends and family thing. Sounds more traumatic than just being urned by her sisters. Or maybe her and her lover adopted Emma and the lover betrayed them. I just hope it wasn't kid Emma, the future life ruiner, betraying the DQ in some way.

• Love 1

I just hope it wasn't kid Emma, the future life ruiner, betraying the DQ in some way.

I don't think it was, not the way she said Emma's name at least.  She said it like she actually missed her.  I thought there was some kind of genuine affection in the way she said her name.  DQ could be the woman who had to give Emma back when she was 3, she could be where the last name Swan came from. 

The thing is with this show, we still don't really know if magic actually can exist in wherever Emma was.  I know the Emma centric is 4x05 and it's supposed to parallel Regina somehow (I still have no clue how those two even....whatever).  If it's supposed to be a parallel, then I'm assuming we're likely getting teenage Regina as well?

I have to say that I wasn't nearly as curious as this last season.

As for Hook, I can see it making sense that he makes a deal with Gold. First, he's already blackmailing the guy with the knowledge that Belle doesn't have the dagger. And then he just kissed the hell out of Emma Swan and THEN she asked him out on a date. The guy is going to be cocky as all hell and think he can get the hand back in exchange for his silence about the dagger and of course it will work because he has the knowledge to put Gold in a compromised position and he has a totally hot girl. What could go wrong?

So what I don't understand is why Hook is all of a sudden so interested in getting his hand back?  Does anyone have the T on this?  I don't remember Emma mentioning or giving any indication that she thought the hook was off putting or a hinderance in anyway.  Why does he feel he needs two hands to go on a date/sexy time?  It must be something important to go to the devil of deals himself Rumple.

I don't think it was, not the way she said Emma's name at least.  She said it like she actually missed her.  I thought there was some kind of genuine affection in the way she said her name.  DQ could be the woman who had to give Emma back when she was 3, she could be where the last name Swan came from.

This seems plausible.  I am curious about how this plays out.  Particularly why Rumple told Dairy Queen she better hope Emma doesn't remember.  I don't know if I'm going to like it if Rumple had his hand in Emma's early childhood some way.  Because it weakens his big centuries long quest if he could insert some caretaker into her life but couldn't just go himself. 

I think the wardrobe department has something against Belle. Oh my gosh! Anna has the magical hat thing! Is she related to the empty mansion then...? Love how Rumple is holding a VHS tape. Also, why did they even change Hook's clothes? They look the same just more zippers and less weight.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1
So what I don't understand is why Hook is all of a sudden so interested in getting his hand back?

1. Whoever takes him shopping may say something (a modern girl like Emma won't like that, it's going to poke her eye out - friends are always undermining each other that way).

2. Maybe he can't find any modern jackets that fit over his hook.

3. The place he wants to take her for dinner has a strict "No Shirt. No Hand. No Service" policy. Storybrooke ignores federal regulations.

4. Will steals his hook and his fake hand...the easiest replacement was his original hand.

5. Gold's was offering a free hand-attachment with every purchase this week.

6. Lightening storms are predicted - don't want to go outside with a metal hook in a lightening storm.

• Love 7

Ha! I am kind of "aww"ing over Emma's face when he hands her the rose, though. That's cute.

I like the cut and style of Emma's dress, but the color is just a little off. It doesn't do much for JMo. She still looks really pretty, though.

I think the wardrobe department has something against Belle.

That dress is better than the one she wore in 4x01, though.

LOL at Snow using a Polaroid camera (to take a picture of Emma on her first date with Hook?)

Later Rumple has a VHS (or is it a Betamax) tape. Old technology for the win. Is he trading the hand for the tape?

That hand looks creepily real. Great job, props department.

Sven! We get more Sven. Love that guy.

Does Kristoff give Anna the Hat box? It looks like he has something behind his back. Where did he get it? The trolls?

Edited by kili
  • Love 2

I love that it looks like Emma's going to prom or something. Snow even has a camera! Emma looks so happy, it makes me happy.

Yeah, I wonder about the tape too, what's that about? It's not like Hook would know how to watch it.

ETA: I hope Hook gets the chance to hug Emma or something before the date is interrupted. I fear that he'll lose the hand before the episode ends (which is sad enough) and he won't be able to use it for what he wanted it for.

Edited by MaiLuna
  • Love 1

Yeeeeah, Hook's new outfit does not look any better in higher quality pictures. Fail, wardrobe.

I still think Elsa's dress photographs terribly, but it looks much better on camera.  I will cut them slack until we see it in motion.

I am super excited for Anna/Kristof and Emma/Hook parallels. And to see Anna and Kristof on screen together. 

ETA:  It's interesting that the much discussed bloody knuckles pre-date the reattachment. That is a bizarre amount of continuity for this show. 

Edited by NotBothered

Yeeeeah, Hook's new outfit does not look any better in higher quality pictures. Fail, wardrobe.

It didn't impress me much at first, but I've come around now. Besides, this is exactly the kind of outfit Hook himself would choose--not too different from his typical attire, only now with a modern-cut.

So what I don't understand is why Hook is all of a sudden so interested in getting his hand back?  Does anyone have the T on this?  I don't remember Emma mentioning or giving any indication that she thought the hook was off putting or a hinderance in anyway.  Why does he feel he needs two hands to go on a date/sexy time?  It must be something important to go to the devil of deals himself Rumple.

Well... Emma did make that incredibly rude remark as to how he had only one hand when she was mad at him in the dumb Kansas episode. That, plus Pan taunting him that he was a one-handed pirate, may have influenced him subconsciously. Besides, the episode summary says that he wanted to hug Emma with both hands (cries). I feel that the writers may have temporarily given Hook his hand back so they can write-in some intimate scenes, and not worry about the brace. I really really hope they handle this arc properly, and the writing doesn't come across as ableist. 

ETA: Is Snow finally going to be involved in what's happening in Emma's life? Please let them not cut it!!

PPS: Please don't beat me, but in the bts pics, it looks like David's eyes are focusing on Emma's boobs. Sorry!! 

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 1

Were these discussed during the several days I avoided the thread due to NYCC episode spoilers?  It looks like Hook somehow gets the hat out from under Rumple.  If Hook is the one that gets sucked in I will cry both sad and happy tears.  Sad because I really don't want "hunt for missing character, pt. 3," but I am down for Emma having to chase Hook for awhile.

I feel that the writers may have temporarily given Hook his hand back so they can write-in some intimate scenes, and not worry about the brace.

If we do not get exposed forearms while the hook is off it will be a HUGE waste. 

• Love 1

ETA:  It's interesting that the much discussed bloody knuckles pre-date the reattachment. That is a bizarre amount of continuity for this show. 

Bizarre enough that it should have some significance.  If it was a case of the prop hand had the bloody knuckles, they'd usually just say that they were healed as the hand reattached.

So, anybody have ideas about why Hook having bloody knuckles before and after hand reattachment is important?

And, that is a really different look for Emma.  If this weren't supposed to be romantic, I'd think pod person.  Instead, I'm wondering how tragic the ending is going to be--because most of those pictures are far too sweet for things to go anywhere but horribly, horribly wrong.

ETA:

So, considering the hat/box/thing showed up in Anna's hands in the pictures earlier, does that mean the honeymoon squat house was from Arendelle?

Edited by Mari

1. Whoever takes him shopping may say something (a modern girl like Emma won't like that, it's going to poke her eye out - friends are always undermining each other that way).

2. Maybe he can't find any modern jackets that fit over his hook.

3. The place he wants to take her for dinner has a strict "No Shirt. No Hand. No Service" policy. Storybrooke ignores federal regulations.

4. Will steals his hook and his fake hand...the easiest replacement was his original hand.

5. Gold's was offering a free hand-attachment with every purchase this week.

6. Lightening storms are predicted - don't want to go outside with a metal hook in a lightening storm.

LMAO!  Hope it's #5!

So, anybody have ideas about why Hook having bloody knuckles before and after hand reattachment is important?

Does it have something to do with "The Crocodile"? I know he had been fighting Rumple, but I don't remember if his hand got banged up before it was cut off.

Or do we know for sure that this is really Hook's hand? Maybe Rumple has a collection of hands the way Regina has a collection of hearts (but they've both totally changed, are good now, and can't be held accountable for what they did in the past because that's the past). The loophole in the deal may be that Rumple gave him a hand, not necessarily his hand. And it's an evil hand!

• Love 4

Did Hook's hand have the bloodied knuckles when Rumple cut it off? Or are these bloodied knuckles from Hook punching Will for ruining his date, and he loses his hand the same episode? I thought the hand is back for a few more episodes at least? 

Emma's dress is awful, so different from what she usually wears. But Belle's is even worse. They really hate her. I know everyone finds Snow, Charming and Elsa being there and taking photos sweet, but I find it quite ridiculous. Emma is a grown up woman, not a child in her first date. And really, everything is going too fast there. I guess it's because that way the fall would be harder, but I don't like it. Until now, the pacing of the relationship was quite good, but this is just too fast.

Did Hook's hand have the bloodied knuckles when Rumple cut it off? Or are these bloodied knuckles from Hook punching Will for ruining his date, and he loses his hand the same episode? I thought the hand is back for a few more episodes at least?

I was thinking the same, that maybe those pics are from after he looses his hand again.

Edited by RadioGirl27

I know everyone finds Snow, Charming and Elsa being there and taking photos sweet, but I find it quite ridiculous. Emma is a grown up woman, not a child in her first date. And really, everything is going too fast there. I guess it's because that way the fall would be harder, but I don't like it. Until now, the pacing of the relationship was quite good, but this is just too fast.

But Emma's never had any of this. I think it will be a sweet moment with her parents and girlfriend fawning over her dress. And going on their first date is hardly too fast. I mean--they've been crawling along at snail's pace all this time!

• Love 3
And, that is a really different look for Emma.  If this weren't supposed to be romantic, I'd think pod person.  Instead, I'm wondering how tragic the ending is going to be--because most of those pictures are far too sweet for things to go anywhere but horribly, horribly wrong.

Agreed. I hope there's some sort of explanation, like the dress is actually Mary Margaret's, because that's much more her style than Emma's. Also, we almost never see Emma with her hair up (except in teen Emma flashbacks). This looks too much like Emma's going to the Enchantment Under the Sea dance. The whole look is kind of washed-out.

But that photo with the rose was pretty damn cute.

Emma's dress is awful, so different from what she usually wears. But Belle's is even worse. They really hate her. I know everyone finds Snow, Charming and Elsa being there and taking photos sweet, but I find it quite ridiculous. Emma is a grown up woman, not a child in her first date. And really, everything is going too fast there. I guess it's because that way the fall would be harder, but I don't like it. Until now, the pacing of the relationship was quite good, but this is just too fast.

How can a first date be too fast? It's usually the very first step in a new relationship.

Don't we know from the promo that when Hook gets the hand back, he's wearing his old clothes? Then he changes into date clothes. Then we got stills of him with modern clothes + hook + hand in jar with blooded hand. I pretty much think it's got to be two different scenes, one at the beginning and the other at the end of the episode. He goes to Gold for the hand, gets reattached, changes clothes (on his own somehow, or Gold does it for him), date shenanigans, bloodies his hand by fighting Will, tries to cut it off, but maybe he can't do it himself and goes to Gold to get back the hook? And the hand, plus blood from the punch, goes back into the jar.

Edited by Serena
  • Love 3

Kristoff/Anna! Thank god because I was coming dangerously close to shipping him and Elsa. 

Maybe Rumple chases after Hook and offers him the hand because he's uncomfortable without something to hold over Hook...yeah I've got nothing, Hook trusting Rumple is too ooc for me to get my head around.  

Well, a lot of people seem underwhelmed, but I for one can't wait until Sunday! I don't care how contrived or cheesy or weird any of the date stuff is, I'm looking forward to it. Although Emma's dress isn't what I imagined, they could both be wearing overalls, and I'd be just as excited that they were finally going on their first date. I don't consider it rushed at all. Most people don't snog someone multiple times before even going on a date with them, so I think it's long overdue. I wasn't expecting Emma's parents to be there when Hook shows up, so that should be fun too.

ETA: I'm also curious about the video tape. I'm guessing Gold has Hook on some security camera doing something bad. Or, maybe Hook was suppose to do something for Gold, but he didn't do it, and Gold has the video to prove he didn't do it. Is the same episode with Hook getting into Gold's car?

Edited by pezgirl7
  • Love 4

I'm really excited too. People are actually giving a crap about Emma. She even has a girlfriend to squee over her date. Even if the date goes south because Will Scarlet crashed the restaurant and set off the fire alarm or whatever, it won't ruin the whole thing (I'm hoping). 

• Love 1

I'm very excited about it. I'm pleased that the Charmings appear to give a crap, which is more than I ever expected. And does Mary Margret put down the baby to hold the camera? Hot dang!

I will take Charming-family feels any way we can get them.  We've been complaining for ages about the lack of Snow/Emma bonding, and the fact that Snow seems totally checked out from Emma-related things.  She's invested again!  She's acting like Emma's mother! I am cautiously optimistic at the moment. 

And I like that Emma is wearing something totally unusual for her.  It means she's nervous and excited and sees this as different from all the other dates she's been on.  She wants this to be special, and maybe this makes me shallow but special = dress you haven't worn before.

All in all I'm excited.  There will be a Once-related wine and chocolate purchase on Sunday afternoon.

Edited by NotBothered
  • Love 3

I was thinking the same, that maybe those pics are from after he looses his hand again.

I think the point is that her dress is so different from what she usually wears.  This dress is sparkly, pink and princessy.  Emma's usually in red or black with a leather jacket.  I think the dress is supposed to convey that she's being vulnerable with him and open and it's a special occasion.  As for the relationship going too fast, they've been dancing around each other for 2 seasons.  They've kissed 5 times now?  What are they supposed to do?  Keep waiting until the week's crisis is solved and kiss again with no other dialog?  The date doesn't end well, we know it gets interrupted but I'm glad they released these happy "before" photos before the audience grumbles about the poor ending.

How can a first date be too fast? It's usually the very first step in a new relationship.

Don't we know from the promo that when Hook gets the hand back, he's wearing his old clothes? Then he changes into date clothes. Then we got stills of him with modern clothes + hook + hand in jar with blooded hand. I pretty much think it's got to be two different scenes, one at the beginning and the other at the end of the episode. He goes to Gold for the hand, gets reattached, changes clothes (on his own somehow, or Gold does it for him), date shenanigans, bloodies his hand by fighting Will, tries to cut it off, but maybe he can't do it himself and goes to Gold to get back the hook? And the hand, plus blood from the punch, goes back into the jar.

I like this scenario, according to filming spoilers though, it looks like Hook has to cut it off himself.  I would hope they'd save it for future uses and not let Hook just bury it at sea.  It makes more sense that the hand is bloodied from punching Will.

I'm really intrigued by Anna holding the sorcerer's box.  This must mean that she gets away from Rumple?  It's nice to see a scene with Anna and Kristoff too.  Perhaps the house is from Arendelle.

• Love 2

Awww, I really love the dress. I think it's pretty and Jennifer Morrison looks so very beautiful. Simply stunning. And Hook, I think it's sweet that he wants to be able to embrace Emma with both hands. Let it be known,  I'm gonna "awww" and *squee* and get all fangirly over Emma and Hook's first date and enjoy this sweet fluff for all it's worth. That's all I'm watching this show for at this point -- Emma as well as Emma's moments with her family and with her "boyfriend, Hook". Judge me all you want. It's happening. ;-)

• Love 9

This is more a writing/terminology quibble than a character/story quibble but: how do you "hug" someone with both hands? It's a really clumsy construction. Hugging is an action of the arms, not the hands.

But since I mentioned character/story quibbles:  To me, it doesn't matter how good actors may or may not be together on screen - if you have to handwave (yeah yeah, pun intended) a huge amount of backstory and make two strong characters look weak and/or stupid to drive the plot, it's not going to be a very good story. It doesn't matter how many different ways we look at it: Rumpel would never be this easily blackmailed and Hook would never go to Rumpel for this kind of favor.

I know everyone finds Snow, Charming and Elsa being there and taking photos sweet, but I find it quite ridiculous. Emma is a grown up woman, not a child in her first date.

I agree with you, RadioGirl27. They're trying to establish that Emma and Snowing are a family now -  Mommy and Daddy sending their little princess off to the prom -  but they didn't really go through any of the joint emotional steps needed to get them all there.

• Love 2

Count me in as someone who is looking forward to Sunday.  As far as the dress goes, I find it softens her up a lot.  We always see Emma in her Sheriff attire, meaning business and the dress is all flowy.  And I like that her family is fawning over her because this a first they actually get to witness.

• Love 5
(edited)
I agree with you, RadioGirl27. They're trying to establish that Emma and Snowing are a family now -  Mommy and Daddy sending their little princess off to the prom -  but they didn't really go through any of the joint emotional steps needed to get them all there.

Yes, I don't think there are many of us that would argue that all this happy family fluff between Emma and her parents is completely earned. They writers have always treated the Emma + Snowing dynamic too Stepford-ish, in my opinion anyway. It really is infuriating how the writers gloss over what should be very big issues amongst them and instead jump straight into the fluff. I think the fluff would carry more emotional resonance, would feel more cathartic, if they had dealt with more of their "ish" before hand (and no, writers. Laying all the family's problems at Emma's feet is a cheap and wholly unfair solution, and I kinda hate you for that one), but it's this show. So if this lovely fluff is all we're ever going to get, then I for one am going to snatch it up and run like a looter taking advantage of the chaos during a riot.

I think the point is that her dress is so different from what she usually wears.  This dress is sparkly, pink and princessy.  Emma's usually in red or black with a leather jacket.  I think the dress is supposed to convey that she's being vulnerable with him and open and it's a special occasion.

ITA.

Edited by regularlyleaded
  • Love 2

But they have to start somewhere? They never got the chance to be a proper family thanks for Regina. So what if Emma's not actually a teenager going on her first date? And really, no one is too old to be spoiled by their mother. And Snow specifically regretted not being there for Emma's first anything, and now she is getting her chance.

In many ways, this is a first date experience for Emma. We can be sure she never had a proper date before she met Neal, nor when she was with him. She was a one-night stand kind of girl after her experience with Neal, so none of those dates would have been a big deal. The whole Walsh thing was fake. I think this is a significant moment for her, and it's nice that she now has people to cheer her on and support her. The little moments count too... ;-)

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 2

Ok I take it back, that date is going to go to hell in a handbasket. They're both positively beaming. That's got to be the sign of the apocalypse for this show. But how dark can they get with all the Frozen fans they're wooing? All this fluffiness must be for the kid-friendly Frozen watchers.

I'm glad Anna/Kristoff is reuniting, cause that means Kristoff/Rumple action too right? So the parallel of the week is Rumple screwing up both couples and both has something to do with the sorcerer's hat.

I'm really going to miss Haig/Elsa when she's gone. She's awesome individually and I'm loving her friendship with Emma.

• Love 6

I love Emma's dress and hair. I like that it's different from what we've seen her in. It's a softer side we rarely get to see and I'm loving every minute of it.

Charming family (and Elsa) feels too. Can we have an hour of that please?

• Love 3

LOL, I love that after watching this show for so long, a show that is supposedly about "hope" and "happy endings", that we all know without a shadow of doubt that since Emma (and Hook) look really happy here that, by the end of the episode, it's all going to hell and end in a flaming ball of crap and pain for everyone involved, 

• Love 7

So, is Hook withholding information about Belle not having the real dagger from Emma?  That seems like a hugely stupid move, very out of character for him and will likely bite him in his leather clad ass.

On the other hand (lol), I don't know about the whole hand angle.  While it seems weird to me that Hook clandestinely goes to Rumple to get his had back (through blackmail?), it also does not seem weird at all that Hook would want it back if he knows it's in the shop.  I mean, if Emma knew that Rumple had Hook's hand magically preserved in a jar, wouldn't she insist he give it back (or at lease insist that Hook get the option?)?  This is one of the reasons that Gold's whole store of ill-gotten gains is a big, fat writing fail.  He should have been made to give back at least those things that could be easily traced back to their owners.

• Love 3

But Emma's never had any of this. I think it will be a sweet moment with her parents and girlfriend fawning over her dress. And going on their first date is hardly too fast. I mean--they've been crawling along at snail's pace all this time!

As for the relationship going too fast, they've been dancing around each other for 2 seasons.  They've kissed 5 times now?  What are they supposed to do?  Keep waiting until the week's crisis is solved and kiss again with no other dialog?

Maybe I didn't explain myself right (English is not my mother language). It's not the date per se what I think it's going too fast. It's that in four episodes (two/three days in show time) we have had her pushing him away, two life threatening crisis, more pushing away, two kisses and a hug, a date (with a pink fluffy dress and Snow taking pics) and, probably, a big fall out. That's what I think it's going too fast, the way the writers are burning the stages of the relationship to put them in the situation they want them to be for the big showdown with the DQ and/or Rumple.

About the dress, I just think it's ugly. If they wanted to put her in something different to show how open she is now, great, but they could have put her in something more flattering. Maybe it's the color, but I just don't like it. The hair is great though.

So, is Hook withholding information about Belle not having the real dagger from Emma?  That seems like a hugely stupid move, very out of character for him and will likely bite him in his leather clad ass.

But wasn't that the point of Hook's initial deal? His silence? Telling Emma would break that silence. Even though he's making a deal with Rumple of all people, I feel like Hook would still follow through with what he agreed to do.

I really hope Emma is wearing one of Snow's dresses. First, it just looks like something Snow would wear. Second, we could actually (gasp!) get a mother/daughter bonding scene where Snow gets excited for Emma and insists she wears something that doesn't include red leather or skinny jeans. And third, Emma doesn't seem like the type to own a dress like that. And I doubt she had the time to go out and purposely buy that dress for the date.

OUAT Writers: it will be a horribly missed opportunity if you don't let Snow ask Elsa to take a picture of the Charming family before the date starts. We could have an Elsa fish-out-of-water moment and an adorable Charming family photo-op!  

Edited by Curio
  • Love 3