Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

I was watching that promo more carefully and Lady Tremaine says "Sacrifice the boy, or sacrifice the kingdom."  It shows Tremaine enchanting Cinderella's hand, and it looks like she is reaching out to pull out Henry's heart.  

The whole setup is annoying, so I don't have much hope the episode will be much better.  Lady Tremaine is over-powered and her motivations and position/knowledge is incredibly unclear.  Under what authority is she working for the "royal family" in her pursuit of Cinderella and Henry?  What does she have against Henry, anyway?

Since Whook has a past with Lady Tremaine, will he become a double agent and betray Henry et al?  

28 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

Are we certain that Cinderella and Henry didn't adopt an orphaned Lucy?  Are they really going to have 11 years until the curse is cast? 

That sounds like a possible exit strategy if they need to write out Failurella.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 2

Plot twist: Lucy is really Cinderella's other step sister and that's why Lady Tremaine can easily take custody. She is the real mother.

What are the odds that Timmy Lucy falls down that well in the garden? What episode was it that Henry was in the mine? Should we be looking forward to that being redone too?

And a serious question: Have there been any interesting spoilers from this season at all? Is there anything that the audience has to look forward to? I just feel like there isn't anything compelling in the story to motivate me to continue watching. The curse is lame as hell and there's no information about why it was cast, who cast it or why I should care if it gets broken, so how exactly do these writers intend to keep me hooked?

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, KAOS Agent said:

And a serious question: Have there been any interesting spoilers from this season at all? Is there anything that the audience has to look forward to? I just feel like there isn't anything compelling in the story to motivate me to continue watching. The curse is lame as hell and there's no information about why it was cast, who cast it or why I should care if it gets broken, so how exactly do these writers intend to keep me hooked?

The only excitement I've seen is about Zelena returning.  If there were any interesting spoilers, I wouldn't be in this thread right now.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, KAOS Agent said:

What episode was it that Henry was in the mine? Should we be looking forward to that being redone too?

105, "That Still Small Voice". Revealed Archie/Jiminy's backstory.

While confirming that on Once Upon a Time Wiki, I found there was a continuity error even then:

"Emma asks Henry if Marco is Archie's father; even though Marco told her in "Pilot" that he doesn't have any children."

1 hour ago, KAOS Agent said:

And a serious question: Have there been any interesting spoilers from this season at all? Is there anything that the audience has to look forward to?

Well, I'm at least interested in seeing Tiana's backstory, the new Rapunzel, the Witch played by Emma Booth, and Zelena's return.

Edited by Noneofyourbusiness

Plot twist: Lucy is really Cinderella's other step sister and that's why Lady Tremaine can easily take custody. She is the real mother.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say the writers were setting up some sort of twist like that. Henry and Cinderella don't get happily married, Lucy isn't their daughter, etc. We haven't seen Henry and Murderella together, so we can't say with certainty they do end up like Snowing... except we know A&E are pushing for their "epic romance" in interviews. 

The only excitement I've seen is about Zelena returning.  

Zelena is the one thing I have any interest in. Although, I am curious to see what the writers will do in 7B. They're not just going to keep hanging out in Cursed!HH, that's for sure.

• Love 1

Although, I am curious to see what the writers will do in 7B. They're not just going to keep hanging out in Cursed!HH, that's for sure.

Are they doing the long break this year? Has that been specified? With the move to Fridays, they don't have all those award shows/football interrupting the flow of the show in January and February. This show will do terribly in reruns, so I don't see how anything other than a straight run will work for them.

The biggest problem this show has is that Hyperion Heights is super boring, but they are stuck with it. Unless they want to ditch the modern day stuff completely and have the entire cast run off to another realm in the second half, they can't leave. I have a hard time believing that they can get away from the modern world if for no other reason than because they already have those sets built and budget is a much bigger issue. 

"The Eighth Witch" and "Secret Garden" would be the possible fall finale eps. Those titles don't really give any clues about anything. Hook apparently filmed at the troll for one of these episodes. That's super exciting.

• Love 2

I'm mostly hanging on due to curiosity, not caring. I want to see how they write their way out of this mess. I want to see why explaining the time/aging difference is a big "no spoilers" thing. I'm curious about WHook's daughter and how that came about. I'm curious where adult Gideon fits into all this. I'm hoping they don't screw Rapunzel 2.0 and Tiana up.

Ooh, just realized ... we talked with Rapunzel 1.0 about how maybe they didn't even try to do Tangled since Hook is essentially Flynn Rider and they were already doing that story. Is that a point of evidence toward Rapunzel 2.0 being WHook's daughter, and it's maybe like whatever was going on with the Sleeping Beauty story, where it hit two generations? So, WHook's wife/lover was Rapunzel and the story was basically Tangled, but then the witch came back and took the daughter and did something to the mother.

As for whether Lucy is really Cinderella's daughter, we did have the flashbacks last season of Henry and Lucy and him sending her with the book to her mother as the curse approached.

• Love 2

"No it's a lie I did nothing"... sure, Cinderella. You totally didn't point a dagger at the Prince's chest with intent to kill. Not following through with the act does not make her any less of a threat. It was still an attempt at a royal's life. I wouldn't blame the guards for chasing after her, even if Tremaine hadn't finished the job. I don't understand why the guards just started swinging swords at her, though. Wouldn't they arrest and execute/imprison her? She didn't react in any violent or dangerous manner until she had to defend herself from their blades.

The Black Knights' ruthlessness made more sense because they were working for Regina, who wanted Snow dead. These guards don't work for Tremaine, do they?

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

Are we certain that Cinderella and Henry didn't adopt an orphaned Lucy? 

I can see it now, Lucy is Whook's daughter and an all out war breaks out between once friends him and Henry over who is truly Lucy's father.

• Love 2

I agree withe your entire post @XrystalPond - I wish I could give it multiple likes. The show has done a horrible job of promoting this season. They aren't giving people a reason to tune in beyond the Emma and Belle eps (and people who don't care about Belle may not even make it that far). I think they were really counting on the Henry/Cinderella romance to carry the show and now that it didn't catch on, they have nothing left. Many Hook fans are tuning out since it isn't the real Hook anymore, Regina fans don't like the new Roni persona, and Rumple has barely had more than two minutes of airtime per ep. They have completely lost me as a viewer (well, S6 didn't help either), which is sad since I was a loyal viewer since the pilot. 

• Love 4

So it looks like Rumple and Belle retired to another realm. That explains older Gideon now that they're going with this "different realms have their own time" idea, but I hope Belle hasn't died of old age. Alternatively, she/the realm could be frozen or under a sleeping spell waiting for Rumple to return when this Seattle plot is over. Although he did tell Lacey he could keep her young, and Neal that he could reverse his aging.

Do we know who the new witch lady is? The one at the end of the last episode? Is she supposed to be a new "rumple" like character? Interested in what they do with Alice. She seems unhinged.

42 minutes ago, Watt said:

Do we know who the new witch lady is? The one at the end of the last episode? Is she supposed to be a new "rumple" like character? Interested in what they do with Alice. She seems unhinged.

And she knows who Rumpelstiltskin is, which also suggests that Rumpel has his memories despite the new curse (or perhaps he tweaked it that way before Lady Tremaine cast it, the same way he did the original curse that his mother created so that Emma would be the one to break it eventually. In fact, he specifically wrote into that version of the curse that his memories would be restored immediately upon hearing Emma say her name).

While Ramirez notes that Cinderella bares an immense amount of guilt over Anastasia’s predicament, the actress also coyly teases that Lady Tremaine may have done something much worse in return to kick off their feud — worse than having Cinderella’s father killed? “I mean, if I told you that then I’d have to kill you,” Ramirez jokes. “I think Lady Tremaine is going to end up being responsible for way more than that, and that’s going to play a big part as to where not only my anger, but revenge aspect of my motivation comes from.”

Well, no kidding.  If Lady Tremaine wasn't responsible for more than that, this would be a horrible story.  It is also not a good idea to delay this explanation since it makes Murderella seem more and more abrasive and immoral.

“There are no lengths she wouldn’t go to in order to revive her firstborn child,” Anwar says. “It’s a very interesting Disney version of our reality. I mean, god forbid a parent should ever favor one child, but let’s admit that there are moments when your other kid, however many you have, may be driving you around the bend, and then you have that one kid who’s smiling and being very pleasant, so you can’t help but swing the favoritism between the children. Because her youngest daughter isn’t alive, all she has is the perfect corpse, the near-death corpse in the coffin to refer to, so this child can do no wrong. She probably has amplified the greatness of that perfection because in reality she’s not even alive. It’s a wonderful concept.”

Yeah, wonderfully boring.  Why would the audience care about the corpse of someone they don't know.

Drizella, therefore, has been reduced to a punching bag for Lady Tremaine and Victoria as Cinderella’s Evil Stepmother aims to revive her daughter — possibly a reason for the curse that’s trapped everyone in Hyperion Heights. “While Ivy probably mourned her sister, there was always sibling rivalry that Ivy could never quite match up to, even as hard as she tried,” Kane notes. “Besides the grief of losing a sister, I think probably initially she felt some sense of relief that she no longer had this competition and that perhaps maybe she could finally win the approval and the love of her mother that she was never able to have. It might have backfired on her a little bit in that now she gets the brunt of Victoria’s grief and disdain and hatred. She’s caught a lot of the emotional blowback from that death, but there seems to be possible hinting at something deeper than just a sibling rivalry between Drizella and Anastasia, but I don’t know what it is yet. I’m really curious to find out if there are like really odd circumstances surrounding that death.”

Next week is Rumple, so I guess this is the week after?  So they still haven't filmed the Anastasia death episode.  As someone else said, it's probably going to be just like Helga.

Quotes from Saturday EW interview.

10 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

And she knows who Rumpelstiltskin is, which also suggests that Rumpel has his memories despite the new curse (or perhaps he tweaked it that way before Lady Tremaine cast it, the same way he did the original curse that his mother created so that Emma would be the one to break it eventually. 

I had the opposite impression--that Rumple doesn't know who he is. As Alice seems to be "awake", I do think she is his failsafe to make him remember. 

12 hours ago, Watt said:

Best guess right now is that she's the Rapunzel witch and Hook's daughter is Rapunzel.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Rumsy4 said:

I had the opposite impression--that Rumple doesn't know who he is. As Alice seems to be "awake", I do think she is his failsafe to make him remember. 

Also a possibility.  He could have tweaked the curse so that hearing Alice say his own name would restore his memories.  She does say in that clip that she was acting under his orders.

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 1

Even though Weaver bores me, I'm not ready for him to remember that he's Rumplestiltskin yet, and Alice's mission seems to be to "awaken" him.  

I can already imagine the emotions we'll be EXPECTED to feel in this episode:

- happy that Rumple and Belle finally have their happy ending

- disappointment that Rumple eventually makes the wrong choice

- enjoyment that our old Rumple is back

Instead, we will feel these emotions

- wonderment that Belle hasn't dumped him 

- emotionally violated due to the heavy manipulation to make us feel bad for Rumple

- boredom as we watch a plotline we've seen many times before, albeit with All-New Crazy Alice™.

• Love 3

albeit with All-New Crazy Alice™

I really like All-New Crazy Alice™, though. I busted out laughing when she was in the car with the white rabbit mask. It's been a while since we've seen some batshit craziness on this show... we miss you, Zelena. Please drive your car over Victoria. and Jacinda. and Henry.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

I really like, All-New Crazy Alice™, though. I busted out laughing when she was in the car with the white rabbit mask. It's been a while since we've seen some batshit craziness on this show... we miss you, Zelena. Please drive your car over Victoria. and Jacinda. and Henry.

Yeah, she might be the only source of entertainment next week.  The question is whether she will *make* the episode the first good one of Season 7.

12 minutes ago, XrystalPond said:

So A&E says that Zelena's entrance as her cursed self is one of the best. Any clues as to her cursed personality?

It's this show, so it's whatever came out of the random generator they have on their desktop.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, XrystalPond said:

So A&E says that Zelena's entrance as her cursed self is one of the best. Any clues as to her cursed personality? If Henry wasn't an Uber driver, I'd say that would be her. It would be a good call back to her learning to drive and running down the Black Fairy.

Maybe they'll go full Devil Wears Prada and make Zelena the head of a rival company to Victoria's. (Rebecca Mader was actually in that movie.)

• Love 1

Wouldn't it be cool if...

a) Zelena was a mime

b) Zelena was a masterchef

c) Zelena was an archeologist/anthropologist (LOST reference)

d) Zelena was a mid-wife

e) something else completely random but we thought sounds cool

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Rumsy4 said:

a) Zelena was a mime

d) Zelena was a mid-wife

Thanks for the suggestions.

Love,

A&E

• Love 7

How about a driver's ed instructor? A farmgirl moved to the big city?

It's sad when the most pressing question of the season is, "What will Zelena's cursed occupation be?" I remember when most people on this board were sick of her, and now she's possibly the only thing that could redeem 7A at any level.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

I remember when most people on this board were sick of her, and now she's possibly the only thing that could redeem 7A at any leve

I started enjoying her (in small doses). She was badly underused in S6. I don't think adding her back to the sorry mess that's S7 will save it, but it might inject a bit of life to it. 

What are the odds Zelena's cursed last name will be "Green"? Or her first name will be "Olive"?

Maybe she'll be a cleaning lady -- her using a broom would be so clever, you guys! Or a biologist specializing in monkeys!

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

I started enjoying her (in small doses). She was badly underused in S6. I don't think adding her back to the sorry mess that's S7 will save it, but it might inject a bit of life to it. 

It might be too late at that point, viewers already aren't sticking around.

5 hours ago, Rumsy4 said:

a) Zelena was a mime

d) Zelena was a mid-wife

My money's on D.

4 hours ago, Souris said:

What are the odds Zelena's cursed last name will be "Green"? Or her first name will be "Olive"?

Maybe she'll be a cleaning lady -- her using a broom would be so clever, you guys! Or a biologist specializing in monkeys!

Since they said we'd get to see more of the sisterly relationship between her and Regina, I wonder if they meant flashbacks or her cursed persona will be Roni's sister?

It’s Halloween in Hyperion Heights and Victoria forces Ivy to take Lucy trick-or-treating. Meanwhile, Tilly appears to be waking up from the curse and is intent on leading Weaver to the truth – but not if Victoria can help it. In a flashback, Rumple and Belle seek the answer to a prophecy that could cement their happy ending. (X)

Or...end it. Dun dun dun.

What's with all these people looking for answers in storybooks and prophecies instead of their own actions? Oh, I forgot. You can't change your fate, destiny, blah, blah, blah.

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 1

Rumple and Belle have never had the same definition of what a happy ending for them actually entailed.  I wonder if that will come up.  Is this the next round of whether Rumple takes an opportunity to stop being the Dark One.  Rumple likes the power of being the Dark One.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, XrystalPond said:

That's pretty much the real version of them at the start. But I'd go with it. I always appreciate snarky Zelena. Bex seems to be able to be snarky without coming off as mean or cruel. 

She could be Roni's wayward sister who makes Roni roll her eyes about what a real mess she is.

1 minute ago, Rumsy4 said:

Very swoon-worthy, indeed. ;-) 

I guess Adamis too scared to do two word script-teases this season. lol

Watch it get cut, or is that only for CS script teases?

• Love 1

Wow - he must be desperate to get the Rumbelle fans to watch! It's interesting that he didn't release even one script tease for 7x02 (Emma's last episode). Thinking back, though, there wasn't one "swoon-worthy" exchange between Emma & Hook, so I guess there wasn't much to tease. Plus I don't think he was as desperate back then :).

• Love 1

Who knows...In the rumbelle corner of fandom there is a lot of speculation floating around that Belle won’t make it out alive. The theory is pretty much that they are going to parallel Ellie's story from Pixar’s UP, with the flashbacks being snippets of rumbelle living a happy life raising Gideon to adulthood in another realm with time moving differently than the other ones and ending with Belle dying of old age. Making it Rumple’s motivation to find a way to become mortal so he can join her in the afterlife. It’s been around for a while but really flared up again once the promo aired:

tumblr_oy5jwtFMXE1rmf579o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oy5jwtFMXE1rmf579o2_1280.png

Edited by AnotherCastle
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Rumsy4 said:

Very swoon-worthy, indeed. ;-) 

I guess Adamis too scared to do two word script-teases this season. lol

After those ratings in the last episode I'd be terrified.  Cause those are not only cancellation ratings, those are cut the episode order count ratings.

Granted this won't mean anything, Rumbelle are not as popular as CS nor have ever been. Plus Stranger Things S2 comes out that day, so they may get a 0.4.

9 hours ago, Camera One said:

If ratings increase with fourth episode, we might hear belle is back.

That's probably hard to do since she's gonna die. And no it won't be because of anything horrible. She will just die of old age, after living a long happy life with Rumple and Gideon. And them being in another realm is clearly the reason why she likely ages as quickly as she does while the others off screen do not.

I laugh though that they think Rumbelle fans want to see Belle die, even if it's of old age. They've taken away all the imagination. Then again when have they ever cared about Rumbelle.

Another series low I see.

Edited by cappoe
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, AnotherCastle said:

Who knows...In the rumbelle corner of fandom there is a lot of speculation floating around that Belle won’t make it out alive. The theory is pretty much that they are going to parallel Ellie's story from Pixar’s UP, with the flashbacks being snippets of rumbelle living a happy life raising Gideon to adulthood in another realm with time moving differently than the other ones and ending with Belle dying of old age. Making it Rumple’s motivation to find a way to become mortal so he can join her in the afterlife. It’s been around for a while but really flared up again once the promo aired:

tumblr_oy5jwtFMXE1rmf579o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oy5jwtFMXE1rmf579o2_1280.png

It's because OuaT doing Up could've been so much more interesting and be pretty buzzy like a couple years ago but now it's doing horribly.

So Belle, Ms. I Want to See the World, is living in a secluded cottage for the rest of her years? We can also assume she has undergone more years of Rumple's abuse. Being stuck with him isn't exactly a happy ending, imo. If anything, it validates bad relationships.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 8