Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, oncebluethrone said:

Mekia is a regular after episode 5, so hopefully she get a good amount of screentime. 

2 hours ago, KAOS Agent said:

Two words: Will Scarlet 

Exactly. Also, I don't trust them to give enough screentime to a black main cast member outside of her focus episode except to be there and say something supportive every now and again. Not to mention how Belle, Robin, and in later seasons Emma and the Charmings have all been underused.

Edited by Noneofyourbusiness
  • Love 1

Hello,

This is A&E giving you an exclusive sneak peek!  #Nospoilers.

Eloise Gardener was the architect of the beautiful and iconic community garden which will be featured for the rest of the season!  Hence upcoming titles like "Eloise Gardener" and "The Secret Garden".  

You will also love our riff on the 80s high school cliques that Cinderella experienced in the episode "Pretty in Blue", a continuation of the epic Henry/Cinderella love story.

And of course, don't miss our episode "The Eighth Witch" since the first seven we've introduced were so lame (except Zelena.  We looooove her).

Of course, we also have an episode called "Wake Up Call" coming up which might make you question why you aren't more devoted to this show. 

And we have a tear-jerker called "One Little Tear" which was inspired by that one time I ripped my jeans.

So tune in on Friday for our version of "Princess and the Enchanted Forest" where we put the jazz in Jacinda!

Love,

A&E.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

Any guesses on what FT character 'Gardener' references?

I'm thinking Rapunzel. In the original fairy tale, she was taken by the witch as payback for her father stealing greens (a plant whose name translates as "rapunzel," and therefore the name) from her garden because her mother craved them during pregnancy. In the Disney movie, she's taken because her mother's life was saved by a potion made from the magic plant the witch used to prolong her life, and so the power of the plant went into her hair.

Either way, gardens and plants/flowers are a big theme in that story, and so the Gardener name would fit. Plus, I think we've already met all the other promised new characters.

• Love 4

I keep thinking of Eloise Hawking from LOST, which is not a good reminder. She's one of those charatcers who started out interesting and turned into something of a bore. 

Now, I'm back to thinking Rapunzel is WHook's daughter, and also Alice's Love Interest. 

Also,  who is Mekia and why is her name reminiscent of Will Scarlet?

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Shanna Marie said:

I think we've already met all the other promised new characters.

Well, I know she's not technically a 'new' character, but I had no idea they were going to do this:

30 minutes ago, MadyGirl1987 said:

I actually think it would be kind of fun if Robin was Alice's ex-lover.  That way, also, it doesn't mess with Disney Tangled cannon, whereas using Rapunzel might; which I'm not sure Disney would appreciate. 

Also, does this mean we'll see baby Neal grown up?  Maybe he went in search of his idiot nephew Henry.

1 hour ago, Rumsy4 said:

Also,  who is Mekia and why is her name reminiscent of Will Scarlet?

Mekia Cox is the actress portraying Tiana.  No clue why is reminds you of Will Scarlet.  :)

7 minutes ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

Mekia Cox is the actress portraying Tiana.  No clue why is reminds you of Will Scarlet.  :)

Thanks. I've been having a hard time keeping up with the names of the new cast (mostly becasue of lack of interest). Now I get the Will Scarlet reference from above. She might get the same treatment as Will when he was brought on to the mother ship. :-p

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Rumsy4 said:

Now I get the Will Scarlet reference from above. She might get the same treatment as Will when he was brought on to the mother ship. :-p

Oh, yeah, okay.  I understood the earlier inference.  I misunderstood your comment and thought you meant her name reminded you of Will Scarlet!  LOL!  I couldn't quite get that connection.  Nevermind... I confuse easily at times.  :)

Edited by RulerofallIsurvey

I actually think it would be kind of fun if Robin was Alice's ex-lover.  That way, also, it doesn't mess with Disney Tangled cannon, whereas using Rapunzel might; which I'm not sure Disney would appreciate. 

Also, does this mean we'll see baby Neal grown up?  Maybe he went in search of his idiot nephew Henry.

And this just tangles the timeline even further. If Robin is all grown up, how have WHook/Rogers and Regina/Roni not aged, and how are they all in 2017? Presumably, Zelena won't have visibly aged, either, since it's the same actress, unless they put her in old-age makeup.

1 hour ago, Shanna Marie said:

And this just tangles the timeline even further. If Robin is all grown up, how have WHook/Rogers and Regina/Roni not aged, and how are they all in 2017? Presumably, Zelena won't have visibly aged, either, since it's the same actress, unless they put her in old-age makeup.

And the casting description doesn't sound like Robin's cursed, but we know from A&E that Zelena is.

1 hour ago, Shanna Marie said:

Also, does this mean we'll see baby Neal grown up?

That would mean they would have to give time and effort to something Snow-Charming related.  I am guessing no,

• Love 2

And this just tangles the timeline even further.

We can now laugh at all the pretzels we twisted to try to get the timeline to fit into a single linear plane all those seasons ago. We went from looking up when Big Ben was built for the Bae flashbacks to "oh I guess all the next gens are aged up for reasons".

I would have much preferred a focus on the next generation characters instead of an alternate Cinderella. The writers could have given a more uniform reason to age up Henry, Robin, Snowflake, and Gideon. Send them all to the Dark Realm or a create curse where all their families are frozen but they age up in the real world with their own Home Office run by Henry.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, KingOfHearts said:

The writers could have given a more uniform reason to age up Henry, Robin, Snowflake, and Gideon. Send them all to the Dark Realm or a create curse where all their families are frozen but they age up in the real world with their own Home Office run by Henry.

Haha, like a riff on Descendants. I actually wouldn't have minded that. Henry could hook up with his sort of cousin Robin. haha They could all have been raised in different realms that age differently so they're all the same age now. Yeah, sure, that makes as much sense as anything. They could have thrown in WHooks daughter for one of the other boys. And they could all be stuck repeating their parents lives. You know, the way we are stuck watching old plot lines with new, sucky characters now. 

• Love 1

Again Snowing and Captain Swan got the great end of the stick. Their lives aren't sped up especially not the lives of their children. I'm 100% that bare;y any time has passed for the people in SB. 

This timeline is so f'd up. I'm eager to see them try to explain in a mcguffin way how Robin grew up but Zelena didn't age. Unless Zelena found a magical realm where she would never age but children will. 

I'm not too interested in Baby Robin grown up.  Another "Dead of Summer" alum.  Yay?

From EW description:

Robin is described as a “strong-willed former good girl turned rebel … struggling to define her identity. The daughter of powerful parents, she can never seem to escape their shadows, and it’s driving her crazy. Tired of towing the line, Robin is ready to break out into the world and find her own adventure.”

In general, I hate rebellious teenager stories.  Daughter of powerful parents?  Zelena and who?  We still don't know if Zelena went back to Oz or stayed in Storybrooke to raise Robin with Regina.

• Love 2

Living in the shadow of her parents.  I'd say grown up Robin almost guarantees a return of Wish Robin for at least a handful of episodes and EQ, probably permanently.

7 hours ago, Shanna Marie said:

Maybe Storybrooke has a fairy owned and operated store....Bippity Boppity Botox

6 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

We can now laugh at all the pretzels we twisted to try to get the timeline to fit into a single linear plane all those seasons ago. We went from looking up when Big Ben was built for the Bae flashbacks to "oh I guess all the next gens are aged up for reasons".

They almost have to put a time whammy on Storybrooke at this point, making time work similarly to Neverland.  If you leave, you age.  So Henry, Belle, and Robin all left at some point.  Others have left but haven't been absent long enough before returning to make a noticeable difference in their age.

Or when Emma kickstarted the clock moving when she came to Storybrooke it never achieved normal passage of time inside the city limits.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Shanna Marie said:

Yeah, it is doubtful they will put her in old-age makeup.  

If Whook and Regina hasn't visibly aged, then Zelena not visibly aging would be consistent.  Regina/Emma met Adult Henry 5 or so years after he left Storybrooke + 1 year of Henry and Cinderella dating (let's say) then 10 years of Lucy growing up, that would pretty much equal Robin as a teenager. 

At the end of Season 6, Regina, Whook and Zelena were around 35?  Fifteen years later, they would be 50 and the actors are all around 40, so the fudge factor is possible.

Edited by Camera One
5 hours ago, Camera One said:

Yeah, it is doubtful they will put her in old-age makeup.  

If Whook and Regina hasn't visibly aged, then Zelena not visibly aging would be consistent.  Regina/Emma met Adult Henry 5 or so years after he left Storybrooke + 1 year of Henry and Cinderella dating (let's say) then 10 years of Lucy growing up, that would pretty much equal Robin as a teenager. 

At the end of Season 6, Regina, Whook and Zelena were around 35?  Fifteen years later, they would be 50 and the actors are all around 40, so the fudge factor is possible.

Its Rumple showing up at the time of Cinderella's meeting that muddies that up because even with Edge of Realm time stuff, Gideon would have been eighteen to early twenties around then which would also apply to Robin.  Unless leaving Edge of Realm causes  time travel.

That and there is also no noticeable change in all the new characters who presumably who are cursed after 10 yrs of growing up.  So I'm unconvinced that they spend ten years in the forest waiting for Lucy to grow up before the curse.

Maybe WHook's younger and fitter glamour spell is contagious?

16 hours ago, CCTC said:

That would mean they would have to give time and effort to something Snow-Charming related.  I am guessing no,

Well, this is A&E, so I'm sure they could put their creative heads together and find a way to age up Snowflake without any meaningful Snowing scenes!  I have faith in them!  And hope!  Yes, Hope!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, RadioGirl27 said:

I was going to say Roni, but the guy is eleven years younger than Lana, so I don't know (and I really, really don't care). He is cute, though.

So is he Snowflake?

All these casting notices are kind of starting to feel like a reboot of the requel. They have the feel of what some of the speculation of what the reboot might be like, younger skewing with the next gen grown up.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 2

Parsons will play Nick, a confident and charismatic slacker-turned-successful-lawyer.

Since the last slacker (Neal) turned out so well.  It sort of describes Flynn Rider.

A natural guy’s guy, Nick has an instant likability 

Instant likability like Jacinda?  Or Victoria?  

This is the first major new male character, no?  I guess Tiana may need a love interest and so will Ivy.   Or heck, Henry.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Camera One said:

Since the last slacker (Neal) turned out so well.

Slackers always make the most successful lawyers, dontcha know.  Oh wait...

13 hours ago, Camera One said:

It sort of describes Flynn Rider.

Instant likability like Jacinda?  Or Victoria?  

This is the first major new male character, no?  I guess Tiana may need a love interest and so will Ivy.   Or heck, Henry.

He kind of looks like he could be playing Flynn Rider too.  If it's Flynn Rider, he'd better not be a love interest for anyone but Tangled's Rapunzel. 

Ep 8 is "Pretty in Blue".  But I have no idea what that means.

At the end, the article also notes that Robin is someone's love interest.  Hm, maybe Robin becomes Rapunzel after Zelena locked her away in a tower because her hair had magical properties which she used to keep her young (which is why Zelena hasn't aged at least) and Robin is now rebellious because she's tired of being locked away.  Maybe Robin/Rapunzel cast the curse to get out of the tower.

Ep 8 is "Pretty in Blue".  But I have no idea what that means 

I'm guessing it is a reference to Cinderella's blue dress and a play on their favorite 80s movie 'Pretty in Pink'.  Epic Hinderella ep.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, Camera One said:

I'm guessing it is a reference to Cinderella's blue dress and a play on their favorite 80s movie 'Pretty in Pink'.  Epic Hinderella ep.

They keep using the word "epic" to describe things, don't they? I do not think it means what they think it means.

Based on the photo of the new guy, I'm definitely thinking Flynn Rider. Which would mean that Rapunzel isn't Tilly's love interest. It might also mean WHook's getting a son-in-law. And it means they might finally do Rapunzel some kind of justice after the 3B travesty, where she was only trapped by her own fears and really meant nothing to the plot. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Shanna Marie said:

Based on the photo of the new guy, I'm definitely thinking Flynn Rider. Which would mean that Rapunzel isn't Tilly's love interest. It might also mean WHook's getting a son-in-law. And it means they might finally do Rapunzel some kind of justice after the 3B travesty, where she was only trapped by her own fears and really meant nothing to the plot. 

WHook teaming up with Flynn Rider to save his daughter might be fun so some combination of that probably isn't going to happen.

Timing wise it seems like he is Rapunzel's love interest since both he and Robin show up as love interests and Robin's first episode tracks with the big episode for Alice/Tilly.

But the character description did give me a vibe that this is a Regina / Graham scenario with Victoria/new guy.  I suspect in Hyperion Heights he's Victoria's lawyer and bed partner.  And if that is the case, I'm 50/50 on whether he's been tragically parted from Rapunzel by the curse or if Ivy has a crush on him.

5 hours ago, Camera One said:

Oh.  Joy. 

5 hours ago, Shanna Marie said:

They keep using the word "epic" to describe things, don't they? I do not think it means what they think it means.

This right here. 

• Love 2

They're casting Naveen. Probably means the romance people thought was happening isn't anymore.. It's hilarious that they actually needed a reminder that erasing a POC couple to replace it with a white guy was not gonna go over well. Idiots. Glad they did it. Have Hook's story be about his daughter, no BS romance. Glad they think that as well, no one wants to see any version of Hook with anyone.

Edited by cappoe
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, cappoe said:

They're casting Naveen. Probably means the romance people thought was happening isn't anymore.. It's hilarious that they actually needed a reminder that erasing a POC couple to replace it with a white guy was not gonna go over well. Idiots. Glad they did it. Have Hook's story be about his daughter, no BS romance. Glad they think that as well, no one wants to see any version of Hook with anyone.

Good! I've been hoping that we'd get to see Naveen. And I agree that Hook's story should definitely be about his daughter. Let her be his true love, like Henry was with Emma. That'd be way more interesting that putting him into another romance, especially this soon. 

I wonder if they changed their mind and decided to play safe (cause of the weak rating and the drama that could happen) cs fans + not respecting the canon  epic love story tiana and naveem or its was always planned or just they decide this stuff on the go.

I really dont know but I am glad cause the film was very cute and a healthy poc couple is important to show. Maybe, if they are not as boring as jasmine and aladin I will watch their scene. But for now the only character that hold my interest was alice.

"Is there any chance Naveen from The Princess and the Frog could pop up in Once Upon a Time Season 7? —Lady Tremaine
Ausiello: Indeed, the ABC series is currently seeking a thirtysomething African-American to fill the role of Naveen, a fun-loving adventurer who hides a tragic past. Series co-creator Adam Horowitz told Matt Mitovich we’ll meet Tiana’s would-be prince in the second half of the season" 

Here the description about it ! From tv line

Edited by maryle
Spelling
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, maryle said:

: Is there any chance Naveen from The Princess and the Frog could pop up in Once Upon a Time Season 7? —Lady Tremaine
Ausiello: Indeed, the ABC series is currently seeking a thirtysomething African-American to fill the role of Naveen, a fun-loving adventurer who hides a tragic past. Series co-creator Adam Horowitz told Matt Mitovich we’ll meet Tiana’s would-be prince in the second half of the season

Here the description about it !

Oh, thanks! 

On 11/3/2017 at 9:57 PM, maryle said:

I wonder if they changed their mind and decided to play safe (cause of the weak rating and the drama that could happen) cs fans + not respecting the canon  epic love story tiana and naveem or its was always planned or just they decide this stuff on the go.

I wonder too.  It seems like they were setting up something with the scene of Tiana and Whook at the end.

Is A&E doing an interview after every episode now? 

Is there anything you can tease about Regina’s flashback episode and if we’ll get a sense of her love interest for the season?
KITSIS: We are. [The love interest is] not going to be until the second half of the season, but Regina’s flashback is episode 6 and she’s going to have an unlikely pairing with Drizella.

Finally, we get to the much awaited Regina episode next week.  Anyone excited?

When they interviewed them in the summer, it seemed like A&E had no idea when Regina's flashback episode would be.  

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Drizella is actually awake from the curse! What can you tease of her motives?
EDWARD KITSIS: I would say that when you are the unloved child and you are looking for your mother’s approval — Ivy wants to show her mom that she’s just as capable, if not more so, than her, and we’ll be seeing that coming up.

One-upping and doing things behind her mom's back and "looking for her mom's approval" are two different things, aren't they?  

I wonder if the Witch is also playing Drizella and she's going to get burned in the end.

3 hours ago, Camera One said:

I wonder too.  It seems like they were setting up something with the scene of Tiana and Whook at the end.

Nah that was just him being the flirt he always was pre-Emma. He flirted with all of the woman, from Tink to Cora. Nothing special at all. 

Plus this episode completely had zero vibes at all. So there's that as well. I think they canned it cause the reaction was so negative and they probably won't pair Rogers/Wish Hook up with anyone and have his story be solely about his daughter.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Camera One said:

Finally, we get to the much awaited Regina episode next week.  Anyone excited?

I am kind of interested in some potentially interesting interactions between Regina and Druzilla.

7 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

*slowly raises hand* 

At least Regina finally gets something to do that's actually about herself.

Me too and I want to see an awake, non magic Regina using her head and her old bag of sneaky tricks to take on the villain. 

Also, I am hoping we actually get a scene where Roni wakes up and remembers who she is and is appalled at all the death and destruction she caused in the past...even a reformed villain should always have their past haunting them and Parrilla could actually sink her teeth into that.

• Love 1