Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

The setting was a little too twee for my tastes. Also, why is Belle worried about Gideon running ahead like he's five? lol Rumple's declarations all sounds so fake as we know his history. We never actually saw him stick to making the right choices. And suddenly he wants to be a mortal?

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 3

If Rumple really wants to be a mortal again all he has to is sharing a True Love kiss with Belle. But I'm sure instead of simply doing that he'll try to find others complicated and convoluted ways to  get rid of his curse. I guess that my headcanon that he could have easily used one of the many things that would have let him reach the World Without Magic but he chose not because either he just really likes the most difficult solutions or because he wanted to be completely sure he'd find Bae and to do that he thought it was better to follow precisely the prophecy might actually be true.

From the stills it seems that Belle and Rumple will dance to the Beauty and the Beast song again. Really, I get that they don't really have romantic stuff on the show  they can use to make a call back but that they keep using Beauty and the Beast things instead of just giving them something that is theirs just feels lazy and manipulative.

21 hours ago, Camera One said:

As for the "so emotional" Rumbelle stuff, I still don't think Rumple deserves a happy ending, so why would I be happy for Belle?  She shouldn't be saddled with him for life.

I agree. Especially considering that it seems Belle will spend the rest of her life with just Rumple and their son while being separated from her beloved father and her friends. Living in a secluded house on the Enchanted Forest  with Rumple and Gideon and no one else really doesn't seem like a happy ending for Belle. Poor Belle, I bet we won't even see her interact with other people in the episode.

And what's up with Rumple being dressed like a prince and Belle and Gideon instead looking like poor peasants?

12 hours ago, Rumsy4 said:

We never actually saw him stick to making the right choices. And suddenly he wants to be a mortal?

We're supposed to think that he a good redemption arc offscreen during those years we haven't seen him, I suppose.

On 26/10/2017 at 9:34 PM, KingOfHearts said:

I've noticed no one has said a word about Drizella/Ivy. She's just kind of there. No hateable, no likable, just behaving like a background prop. She'll probably end up betraying Tremaine, only to be killed al a Graham. In all the press releases, she is listed as a guest star. From the way 7x04 is being talked about in the spoiler room, it sounds to me like she'll befriend Henry or at least consider his words. Or... she betrays Tremaine because she doesn't want Anastasia resurrected, and thus gets killed from being even more "evil" than her.

Actually, I like her from what little we have seen of her. The character is fun and the actress playing her is pretty good. 

Edited by Colette
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, Camera One said:

I couldn't tell what the hell Victoria was saying so I watched that Sneak Peek again.

Apparently, she telephoned Alice's doctor and got a bottle of her pills?  Uh, last time I checked, a doctor doesn't give out confidential patient information (even to real estate developers), and you can't pick up some stranger's prescription from the pharmacy either.  What type of "real world" experiences are the Writers basing their scripts on?

The bottle was in the backpack. The doctor just told her about the prescription.

10 minutes ago, Noneofyourbusiness said:

Is it illegal for the doctor's office to confirm someone's on a prescription if you've been assaulted by that person and they've left the pills in your possession?

For a private citizen? Yes. That's a major HIPAA violation. The police might be able to get that information with a warrant while investigating a case, but if the patient hasn't given permission, it can't be given to anyone without a warrant, no matter what their justification is.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, Noneofyourbusiness said:

The bottle was in the backpack. The doctor just told her about the prescription.

Yeah, I figured that out after I watched the episode.

EW interview with A&E:

What does his hunt for the Guardian look like moving forward? Is there anything you can tease about who may be the Guardian?
KITSIS: We’re treating it like the search of a new Dalai Lama. There’s a few candidates and we’re just not quite sure which one it is yet.
HOROWITZ: We’re sure, but the audience isn’t sure. Now hopefully the audience feels invested in what Weaver’s driving force is for the rest of the season.

Sorry, still don't care.  Candidates?  Dalai Lama?  Ripping off "Lost" again, I see.

In the same respect, I think he has great affection for Alice, as we saw in the episode. There’s a very father-figure-like relationship between the two of them.

Why?  I had assumed she was the Guardian since she was the first person he bumped into when he cast that locator spell.

Are we going to get more into Tilly/Alice’s backstory soon and why she was the first one to be awake? 
KITSIS: We are going to be getting into her backstory. We are going to get a snippet of why she’s awake in this moment before the curse in the winter finale, and then we are going to be doing much more of her and her flashbacks in the second half of the season. We have a really fun arc planned coming up.

So they've planned quite far ahead now, it seems.

It’s interesting that you bring that up because Wish Realm Hook had mentioned playing chess with his missing daughter, and now we see Rogers playing chess with Tilly. Is this your first clue to the viewers that Alice may be Hook’s daughter? 
KITSIS: I can’t confirm or deny, but I’d say you certainly seem perceptive.

I'm surprised an interviewer hasn't tried to strangle him by now.  You don't exactly need to be perceptive when you're being hit on the head with a mallet.

Should we be worried about Ivy having feelings for Henry? 
KITSIS: Yeah, I would. Henry is a really great guy and Ivy clearly spoke to him. The Henry we’ve met believes he’s lost his family, things are weird with Jacinda, and I think that Ivy said she has less baggage. We’re just going to have to see what happens moving forward. Henry very much right now has a crush on Jacinda, but he’s not quite sure what that means and is dealing with these cursed memories. Ivy is there to try and exploit that.

Please don't tell me Henry is going to have a one-night-stand and then angst about Jacinda finding out.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Camera One said:

. Henry very much right now has a crush on Jacinda

The problem with their epic love is that this is exactly what it seems like. - nothing deeper than a crush on an attractive woman he just met.  You don't get the impression that he has deep feelings that he not sure where they came from that you did with MM and David.  Although I am not sure you even get the vibe that Jacinda even has a crush on Henry.   Her reactions remind me of someone thinking - he is a nice guy - would be someone that would be good with Lucy -someone I should date but not sure I really feel that way about him.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, CCTC said:

The problem with their epic love is that this is exactly what it seems like. - nothing deeper than a crush on an attractive woman he just met.  You don't get the impression that he has deep feelings that he not sure where they came from that you did with MM and David.  Although I am not sure you even get the vibe that Jacinda even has a crush on Henry.   Her reactions remind me of someone thinking - he is a nice guy - would be someone that would be good with Lucy -someone I should date but not sure I really feel that way about him.

And that's okay..that's real as opposed to Zelena and Hades and Dorothy and Red..I can kinda/sorta buy Charms and Snow (but they still had more time to develop) as that should be a "once in a lifetime" couple..not everyone falling head over heels at the first cute meet.   But they just need to quit talking about them as "epic" and we might buy it...(plus, this show has no budget for epic so lets bring it down to earth a bit..)

I'd be okay if it turned out Ivy was really Cinderella and Murderella was the evil step sister who cast a spell over her to switch places so she could murder the prince and yet not get the blame, only she got caught up in the curse in the wrong persona before the spell wore off. 

• Love 7
9 hours ago, CCTC said:

The problem with their epic love is that this is exactly what it seems like. - nothing deeper than a crush on an attractive woman he just met.

I don't even see him as having a crush. More like he read the script and realizes he's supposed to fall in love with her and is trying really hard to...stand near her? Seriously, I get no interest on either of their parts. I barely buy them as liking each others company. 

9 hours ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

I'd be okay if it turned out Ivy was really Cinderella and Murderella was the evil step sister who cast a spell over her to switch places so she could murder the prince and yet not get the blame, only she got caught up in the curse in the wrong persona before the spell wore off. 

I would forking LOVE this. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

Once Upon a Time Bosses Tease Tilly Backstory (X).

If it's anything like Jacinderella or Ruby Slippers, there will be nothing epic about it. 

This does support my little idea that Tilly's "epic romance" may be with Rapunzel, and that Rapunzel is WHook's daughter. I'm torn.

Edited by Rumsy4

“We’re going to get a little more into that in the winter finale (Episode 10),” Once co-creator Eddy Kitsis tells TVLine. “And we’re going to get into much more detail about Tilly in the second half of the season — including her flashbacks, a big arc for her and an epic love story we’re excited about.”

When will Eddy ever learn?  Stop calling your own writing epic!

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Camera One said:

Seriously, they're trying to plug the second half of the season now?  Yeah, keep watching since this character you might have liked after one episode will actually get some screentime in five months.  LOL!

Zelena and Alice are going to be some serious damage control. I'm waiting for the announcements of Snow and Charming coming back for an appearance.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, KingOfHearts said:

I'm waiting for the announcements of Snow and Charming come back for an appearance.

I wonder if Ginny will push for a "You shall not kill us and call it a happy ending" clause.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

Zelena and Alice are going to be some serious damage control. I'm waiting for the announcements of Snow and Charming coming back for an appearance.

It literally will probably be at a 0.3 by the mid season finale.

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, Camera One said:

Seriously, they're trying to plug the second half of the season now?  Yeah, keep watching since this character you might have liked after one episode will actually get some screentime in five months.  LOL!

That's precisely what I was thinking.

This is their classic non-acknowledgement acknowledgement that they know how badly things are being received and clinging to the shred of positive feedback.

Let's start promoting the mid season because they are far enough along in production that they can't do anything about it earlier and hope no one notices that there are six episodes to slog through before they can fix everything.  Not that I expect them to correctly assess the situation to be able to course correct.  They never have before.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ParadoxLost said:

Not that I expect them to correctly assess the situation to be able to course correct.  They never have before.

I suspect that season 3a was a course correction for the love triangle they started setting up at the end of season two, also the home office nonsense that was so poorly received, so I might give them that but they had the summer hiatus to correct not mid season. Has any back half improved over the first half of the season? I don't think so.

• Love 1

Did they course correct 6A?  Though that process must have happened in the summer too, in order to write out Jekyll/Hyde so quickly and to have Jasmine by Episode 5.

Zelena is already back on set.  Is she planned for 7B or the 7A finale?  There's still room to change Henry's love interest and say Lucy is adopted, I guess.  But instead of risking yet another romantic coupling that doesn't work, maybe they should just hold off on Henry having a love interest at all.  He could be still waiting for his first real relationship.

In the promo, when Roni finds that photo of her with a Young Henry, it feels like a redux of Emma seeing that videotape of her and Ingrid.  If they don't remember, it really means nothing.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, daxx said:

Has any back half improved over the first half of the season? I don't think so.

Never. Usually the back half has been worse because of all the blatant Regina worship. Season was an exception, as they gave us a double dose of Regina from the start. 

• Love 1

“We’re going to get a little more into that in the winter finale (Episode 10),” Once co-creator Eddy Kitsis tells TVLine. “And we’re going to get into much more detail about Tilly in the second half of the season — including her flashbacks, a big arc for her and an epic love story we’re excited about.”

Wow.  Another EPIC love story.  Ha!  Hold my brain; be still my beating heart!  If it's anything like Henry's epic romance, I wonder who Alice or her ex-girlfriend tried to kill when they first met.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Rumsy4 said:

Never. Usually the back half has been worse because of all the blatant Regina worship. Season 6 was an exception, as they gave us a double dose of Regina from the start. 

I - among others, I'm not alone here - would argue in 5B's favor too...the Regina worship was there, but it wasn't so bad until the finale, and 5A was just really, really controversial. 

1 hour ago, Inquirer said:

I - among others, I'm not alone here - would argue in 5B's favor too...the Regina worship was there, but it wasn't so bad until the finale, and 5A was just really, really controversial. 

The way they made the underworld all about Regina's pain and how her father apologized to her basically when there should have been many people she needed to apologize to just bugged me so much, I far prefer the Camelot arc even with its issues. I skip all of the Merida stuff though and at least it was pretty where the underworld was fugly.

• Love 5

Tiana is one of the more promising characters, but I wonder how they are going to work her into the main narrative next week.  They had that cliffhanger with Victoria and her prisoner in the industrial building two episodes and there was nothing about that last episode.  Are Tilly and Ivy going to MIA next episode?  They better follow up with something about Rumple now that he's "awake" if they want to keep any of his fans hanging on.

I vaguely remember reading that they might have Tiana wanting to open a restaurant in the present-day?  Because the whole "I may might need to sell our castle" and search-for-the-Prince plot in the flashback seems to have nothing to do with her interest in culinary arts.  I suppose some more natural scenes with Tiana might help to soften the Jacinda character.  Right now, we have seen no real reason why they're BFF.  

The Regina-and-Young-Henry photo looks like a B plot.  I don't see how the photo would do anything if neither of them remember it.  

Edited by Camera One
44 minutes ago, Camera One said:

The Regina-and-Young-Henry photo looks like a B plot.  I don't see how the photo would do anything if neither of them remember it.  

Unless they are going to try to convince us that they young and old Henry resemblance is so uncanny that Regina immediately makes the connection.

Actually, they'll probably go with Regina not having that memory and how is that possible and taking the picture to Rogers, who she bonds with over searching for vague persons unknown, or Henry who recognizes his younger self and they start to put together that there are false memories or memory gaps.

14 hours ago, Rumsy4 said:

Never. Usually the back half has been worse because of all the blatant Regina worship. Season was an exception, as they gave us a double dose of Regina from the start. 

Given how clearly bored they are with Roni, I wonder how long it will be before EQ makes her way from Wish Verse to Hyperion Heights and if they will decide to merge them back into one person.

• Love 1

or Henry who recognizes his younger self and they start to put together that there are false memories or memory gaps.

I don't think they could believe they have false memories.  They would struggle to explain why they both don't remember meeting each other.  Maybe they will say "It's a small world after all.  It's a small world after all.  It's a small world after all.  It's a small small world.   It's a world of laughter / a world of tears / it's a world of HOPE and a world of fears / there's so much that we share / that it's time we're aware / It's the Dark Curse after all!"

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, Camera One said:

I don't think they could believe they have false memories.  They would struggle to explain why they both don't remember meeting each other.  Maybe they will say "It's a small world after all.  It's a small world after all.  It's a small world after all.  It's a small small world.   It's a world of laughter / a world of tears / it's a world of HOPE and a world of fears / there's so much that we share / that it's time we're aware / It's the Dark Curse after all!"

But then there's the fact that Roni/Regina looks the same and Henry doesn't. The same amount of time clearly hasn't passed for both of them since that photo was taken. And Roni wouldn't wear that outfit.

It seems like from the promo that it will be Tiana who goes to Dr. Facilier for help, not Naveen.  That doesn't undercut the original story at all, eh?  Hopefully that's not how it goes down and the scene is out of context.

3 hours ago, Camera One said:

It seems like from the promo that it will be Tiana who goes to Dr. Facilier for help, not Naveen.  That doesn't undercut the original story at all, eh?  Hopefully that's not how it goes down and the scene is out of context.

I don't think it's out of context.

“Greenbacks” – Tiana seeks help from a traveling soothsayer, the iconic Dr. Facilier, in an attempt to save her kingdom. But when it’s revealed that he has an ulterior motive she’s forced to take matters into her own hands. In Hyperion Heights, Sabine and Jacinda take on a risky business venture, but the strength of their friendship is tested when Victoria interferes with their plans. Meanwhile, Ivy recruits Henry to investigate Victoria, and Roni makes a discovery that could change her relationship with Henry forever. Rogers uncovers a crucial clue in his search for Eloise Gardener, on “Once Upon a Time,” FRIDAY, NOV. 3 (8:00–9:00 p.m. EDT), on The ABC Television Network.

22 hours ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

Wow.  Another EPIC love story.  Ha!  Hold my brain; be still my beating heart!  If it's anything like Henry's epic romance, I wonder who Alice or her ex-girlfriend tried to kill when they first met.

Not sure how epic they can be when they will literally only have 12 episodes left before the show ends. So... much like this season every single plotline won't even be acknowledged a year from now.

2 hours ago, Noneofyourbusiness said:

“Greenbacks” – Tiana seeks help from a traveling soothsayer, the iconic Dr. Facilier, in an attempt to save her kingdom. But when it’s revealed that he has an ulterior motive she’s forced to take matters into her own hands. In Hyperion Heights, Sabine and Jacinda take on a risky business venture, but the strength of their friendship is tested when Victoria interferes with their plans. Meanwhile, Ivy recruits Henry to investigate Victoria, and Roni makes a discovery that could change her relationship with Henry forever. Rogers uncovers a crucial clue in his search for Eloise Gardener, on “Once Upon a Time,” FRIDAY, NOV. 3 (8:00–9:00 p.m. EDT), on The ABC Television Network.

Who the heck is Sabine?  Isn't that the FT version of Tiana?  It doesn't bode well when the press releases can't keep the FT characters separate from their cursed personas. 

8 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

Given how clearly bored they are with Roni, I wonder how long it will be before EQ makes her way from Wish Verse to Hyperion Heights and if they will decide to merge them back into one person.

They do love the EQ.  But they do love Regina's redemption too.  Such a conundrum for them!  My guess is Regina will be able to shoot out white magic once she starts remembering, since she's a hero now.  Still, I agree, I don't think they can really contain the EQ only to the flashbacks.  That probably won't be enough for them. 

55 minutes ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

Who the heck is Sabine?  Isn't that the FT version of Tiana?  It doesn't bode well when the press releases can't keep the FT characters separate from their cursed personas. 

They got this right. Tiana is the FT name. Sabine must be her cursed persona.

• Love 1

I love Alice and it's nice she's getting her own arc later. However, she does chew the scenery quite a bit. She probably works better in small doses, like Sparkly!Rumple and Zelena when she's snarky. I just hope A&E don't botch her up, because she's the only breath of life in S7 so far.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

I love Alice and it's nice she's getting her own arc later. However, she does chew the scenery quite a bit. She probably works better in small doses, like Sparkly!Rumple and Zelena when she's snarky. I just hope A&E don't botch her up, because she's the only breath of life in S7 so far.

That's my hope too. Right now she works and is one of the best things about this season, but they need to be smart in how they use her. 

10 hours ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

Huh.  Well I guess I don't even remember them calling her by her cursed persona name in HH.  Thanks!

They haven't actually used the name Sabine onscreen yet. But Tiana is her fairytale name, since that's the name of the character in the movie.

18 minutes ago, Noneofyourbusiness said:

They haven't actually used the name Sabine onscreen yet. 

I was wondering if we had heard the name yet.  It's kinda weird to be four episodes in, and a viewer wouldn't even know the name of an important supporting character.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1
54 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

"important"

8 minutes ago, Camera One said:

I would be really disappointed if she wasn't.

I'm pessimistic given that black characters frequently don't get as much screentime as they should, and characters in general on this show frequently don't get as much screentime as they should.

• Love 2