Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Camera One said:

Are we supposed to wait for another reveal on this?  I mean, Lucy is 10 years old... did Emma have a very special 20 year pregnancy?

This is ridiculous!! Come on, Adam! 

• Love 1

But since she's the villain, Regina will be helpless against her, even though she should have tons of work-arounds with her superior knowledge of magic.

Rumple could kill Tremaine instantaneously, and he might've for Henry's sake.

Are we supposed to wait for another reveal on this?  I mean, Lucy is 10 years old... did Emma have a very special 20 year pregnancy?

Great. Now I'm thinking the season ends and it's revealed that Henry et al travelled back in time during the "curse" and will end syncing back up just after Emma and Hook left at the end of this last episode. Or right after Henry left in the first episode, creating a paradox. That's why all the technology is 2017 and not the future. Cause that would likely be the year Henry left on his adventure, no?

Edited by snarkastic
47 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

But not until after Tremaine betrays him and after he screws everyone over by working with her for multiple episodes.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Camera One said:

Time runs faster in the New Enchanted Forest, remember?

55 minutes ago, snarkastic said:

Great. Now I'm thinking the season ends and it's revealed that Henry et al travelled back in time during the "curse" and will end syncing back up just after Emma and Hook left at the end of this last episode. Or right after Henry left in the first episode, creating a paradox. That's why all the technology is 2017 and not the future. Cause that would likely be the year Henry left on his adventure, no?

No, Henry would have left home some time between the end of Season Six (c. 2013 since A&E said Frozen hadn't been released yet) and the current year in Hyperion Heights, which A&E confirmed was 2017. No time travel, just time moving differently between realms.

I think the confusion is - if 10 years in New Enchanted Forest doesn't equal 10 years in Storybrooke, why didn't any of the characters mention anything in "A Pirate's Life" about the differential passage of time.  Unless this time differential starts AFTER the events of "A Pirate's Life".

2 minutes ago, Camera One said:

I think the confusion is - if 10 years in New Enchanted Forest doesn't equal 10 years in Storybrooke, why didn't any of the characters mention anything in "A Pirate's Life" about the differential passage of time.  Unless this time differential starts AFTER the events of "A Pirate's Life".

Henry had aged many years and the others hadn't, so I don't think so. A&E seem to be assuming the audience will just get it.

No, Henry would have left home some time between the end of Season Six (c. 2013 since A&E said Frozen hadn't been released yet) and the current year in Hyperion Heights, which A&E confirmed was 2017. No time travel, just time moving differently between realms.

Henry was 14 at the end of S6. Several years had to have passed in Storybrooke before he even left. Unless you think everyone was cool with him leaving as a young adolescent. So 2013 + at least 4 years puts it at 2017 when he left at 18 (which was in the summer given the lack of cold/snow in his goodbye scene). Then years later, he calls for help. No time passed in Storybrooke at all? Then how the hell did Emma get pregnant? And why the hell would no one remark at all that Henry had changed so much after being gone for a week or two? Then fast forward another 10 years for Henry & Cinderella to get together and have a baby that's now 8 or 9.  In order for this to be 2017 Seattle, only a couple of months could have passed in Storybrooke. And it still doesn't cover why Regina hasn't aged in the ten years she's been gone.

I should add that Emma was born on October 23, 1983 and 10 year old Henry arrived at her door on October 23, 2011. If Henry was 14 at the end of S6 then that would mean it was at least 2015 when we left off. Math doesn't lie. All the charts and graphs in the world don't mean jack when you somehow think that 10 + 4 = 12.

Edited by KAOS Agent
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, KAOS Agent said:

Henry was 14 at the end of S6. Several years had to have passed in Storybrooke before he even left. Unless you think everyone was cool with him leaving as a young adolescent. So 2013 + at least 4 years puts it at 2017 when he left at 18 (which was in the summer given the lack of cold/snow in his goodbye scene). Then years later, he calls for help. No time passed in Storybrooke at all? Then how the hell did Emma get pregnant? And why the hell would no one remark at all that Henry had changed so much after being gone for a week or two? Then fast forward another 10 years for Henry & Cinderella to get together and have a baby that's now 8 or 9.  In order for this to be 2017 Seattle, only a couple of months could have passed in Storybrooke. And it still doesn't cover why Regina hasn't aged in the ten years she's been gone.

I was just about to reply but you worded it so much better.

In order for it to make sense, SOME kind of time travel, not just different rates, has to have happened for it to be true that this is 2017/18. It fits the "don't make assumptions about the timeline" thing and they get to think they're so clever with the twist no one could possibly figure out based on what they write.

Maybe Rumpel is once again the reason for the timey-wimey crap going on. Say he messed up with Belle/Gideon at some point in future and he convinced someone to cast this curse to set him back in the past so that he could start over and not make the same mistake. It fits with the S1 redux they've got going on - the curse was cast to reunite him with his son.  It would explain why Adult!Gideon and Belle are in episode 4, even though that would not be possible if we are in 2017 Seattle and the year is presumably the same in Maine as it is in Washington.

Edited by KAOS Agent
  • Love 1

I wonder how the flow of the next few episodes will go.  They're going back to spending more time with the new characters next week, but then they'll interrupt it the week after with another cameo, this time with Belle and Gideon.  In previous seasons, Rumbelle episodes tended to be quite segregated from everything else.  I suppose they might use it to feature Alice.  I wonder if Rumple and Cora had a secret fling while she was in Wonderland, and Alice is their daughter.  Maybe she was jealous of her half-brother Gideon and decided to interfere and/or she ended up helping her daddy Rumple with the new Curse, and thus her interference with Henry.  

10 hours ago, KAOS Agent said:

I should add that Emma was born on October 23, 1983 and 10 year old Henry arrived at her door on October 23, 2011. If Henry was 14 at the end of S6 then that would mean it was at least 2015 when we left off. Math doesn't lie. All the charts and graphs in the world don't mean jack when you somehow think that 10 + 4 = 12.

There is no way you can make the timeline work. If you follow the events of the series and look at the timestamps, then Henry should be no more than 13 (and barely so) at the end of season six. The show would have been maybe in 2014. So Henry would be 16 in 2017. To get Henry to 14 in season six, we have to move the show to 2015, but then that still makes him 16 in 2017. Meanwhile, Snowflake was born when Henry was twelve, and he's still a baby at the end of season six. He doesn't even seem to be walking. I'd say he's not even a year old, so Henry shouldn't even be 13 in season six. So, basically, the only thing that works is if there's a missing episode during seasons five or six in which Henry has some kind of adventure apart from everyone else that results in him aging faster than everyone else -- the Doctor showed up and Henry spent two years traveling around in the TARDIS then got dropped off at the same time he left. Then he could be 14 in 2013 and 18 in 2017.

And that's just explaining the time jump to get to the beginning of season 7. I still don't see how it can be such a huge spoiler that would ruin the plot if we learned why Emma, Hook, and Regina hadn't aged a day while Henry grew from 17 to maybe 25. Maybe there's a spoiler as to how they're all the same age while Henry is in his 30s in Hyperion Heights in 2017, but the time jump and relative ages at the point in the story when Regina and WHook join Henry and Hook and Emma go home needs to have been mentioned and explained in this episode.

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

I still don't see how it can be such a huge spoiler that would ruin the plot if we learned why Emma, Hook, and Regina hadn't aged a day while Henry grew from 17 to maybe 25

Do you think maybe the writers didn't even think about the age differences or maybe they just didn't bother and they expect the audience to accept it without question since that's how they've been operating for several years now? The whole 'don't make assumptions about the timeline' and making it seem like a spoiler could just be because they didn't expect to be asked about it.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

They gotta be going somewhere with magic not working the same in whatever realm they are in. Regina's magic faded and Emma even had to really concentrate. I know it will be a plotpoint (as it already had been in the last episode) that people can use magic to get a out of a jam but not to defeat the villain. I actually want to see Regina and Rump use their brains to beat the bad guy but this is Once so....

12 hours ago, KAOS Agent said:

It's their messed up timeline, I'm not claiming it makes sense. Obviously some time passed in Storybrooke before Henry left and then some more time after he left (and IMO the characters don't remark on it because we're expected to just go with it and they're too lazy to spend time explaining it onscreen, or know they can't without contradicting themselves). I'm just going to repost what I posted on the "A Pirate's Life" thread and see if anyone can make something coherent of it.

You have done a relatively large time jump. Is there anything you can say as to just how far ahead we are, both in flashbacks and in Hyperion Heights?
HOROWITZ: I would say that it’s not as simple as it appears, and we get into that in the first couple of episodes.
KITSIS: I would say as long as it takes Henry to go from Jared to Andrew.
HOROWITZ: But it’s not as simple as it looks, because we’re not in the year 2030.
KITSIS: Yes, we’re not doing sci-fi. As we’ve said in the past, some realms move at their own time.
HOROWITZ: But we get into how all that works very quickly, but the present-day Hyperion Heights, Seattle stuff takes place in 2017.

However, as I said on the "A Pirate's Life" thread and you said here, that doesn't explain Wish Hook and Regina not looking older if they've been around Henry, Cinderella and Lucy all the time Lucy was growing up. Unless they leave at some point when it looks like Lady Tremaine is defeated, and come back shortly before the Curse is cast.

From the Trivia section of Henry's page on Once Upon a Time Wiki:

* Henry is ten years old in "Pilot", eleven in "The Cricket Game", and twelve years old in "The Jolly Roger". In "Dreamcatcher", he says to Sir Morgan that he is thirteen years old. However, the show's timeline would place the episode in early 2014, and Henry was born in August 2001, meaning that Henry was not yet thirteen at that point.[5]

** In "Our Decay", Emma implies that Henry is "officially" a teenager, but this episode also seems to take place before he turns thirteen.

* In "The Final Battle Part 1", the Black Fairy calls Henry "a 14-year-old who still believes in fairy tales". This, however, seems to be a mistake on the Black Fairy's part, since Henry's young uncle Prince Neal was born in "Kansas", which takes place in 2013, when Henry was twelve. Neal, however, is still just a baby in "The Final Battle Part 1" (if Henry were fourteen, Neal would be a two-year old toddler).

From the Trivia section of Henry's page on Once Upon a Time Wiki:

* Henry is ten years old in "Pilot", eleven in "The Cricket Game", and twelve years old in "The Jolly Roger". In "Dreamcatcher", he says to Sir Morgan that he is thirteen years old. However, the show's timeline would place the episode in early 2014, and Henry was born in August 2001, meaning that Henry was not yet thirteen at that point.[5]

Taking my reply to the All Seasons thread, since it has nothing to do with spoilers.

Regarding the interval of time between Henry leaving Storybrooke and Regina/Emma/Hook seeing him in "A Pirate's Life"... more specific years from Lana interview (not sure if it's a spoiler or not so I'll put it here):

INTERVIEWER: What about where we’re picking up with Regina in the Enchanted Forest?
LP: She’s awesome. I don’t know why I keep thinking of Robin Wright in Wonder Woman, you know how she’s just this powerful warrior goddess? That’s what I see Regina as a little bit in this new fairy-tale land, because it’s years later, so there’s a time lapse. It’s like five to seven years later. 

INTERVIEWER: Is there anything you’ve heard or hope for in the Regina-centric hour?
LP: I haven’t heard anything. I hope to learn about Roni a little bit, and her backstory, and what are her memories, and what has she gone through? There’s a few scenes that I’ve done over the last few weeks where it’s still unknown to me, but she’s obviously gone through something.

She’s loved and lost, or something, something’s gone wrong, because she speaks from a beautiful place of experience and wisdom, which I’m curious to learn how she got to this place in her life. 

It looks like she's pretty much in the dark too.  But if Roni has "gone through" anything, wouldn't they just be fake memories?  Or is she referring to what Regina went through before she became Cursed Roni.

Well, our characters are different. I feel like there’s a time lapse. There’s a level of maturity, and I can speak for Regina, she’s evolved so much. There’s a good 10 years where there’s probably been a lot of self-enhancement and sort of spiritual development, or evolution that we haven’t seen. She’s like a little fairy godmother right now, which I really love. 

Edited by Camera One

Oh no.  You guys aren't.....kicking the Timeline, are you?  Haven't you heard whispers anxiously. that the Timeline is very cranky?  It's even more cranky than the Continuity Fairy.

Their drinking bouts after the episodes are legendary!  (Especially this season). :)

• Love 8

So she considers Regina to be a powerful, warrior goddess. If that's the case, Lady Tremaine should have been vanquished in five seconds. On the other hand, if she thinks she's like a fairy godmother then that means she's pretty worthless. 

• Love 1

Well, by default, Regina/Roni has catapulted to second best character left on this show.  Compared to the alternatives, I'm almost looking forward to the centric and the transformation she's speaking of.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1

It's nice to see Rebecca Mader back filming again. Zelena may single-handedly save this season for me if she's not put on the backburner again. Did Regina even mention her in the 7x02 flashback? I'd like to see how she's been doing all these years, mothering without magic and attempting to get more involved in the Storybrooke community.

It’s like five to seven years later. 

The way this show is paced, there's no way those years could be so uneventful. Seven years go by and no one even changes their hairstyle? Nobody died? There hasn't been any new curses or Rumple going on quests to screw everybody over for power?

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

Did Regina even mention her in the 7x02 flashback?

Nope. Neither did Henry ask about his wicked aunt. Not a word was uttered about Snowflake either.

Hm...so St. Roni-Regina the Warrior Goddess?  I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

17 hours ago, KAOS Agent said:

On the other hand, if she thinks she's like a fairy godmother then that means she's pretty worthless. 

And with this show's history on fairy godmothers - she'll end up dead pretty quickly!   Ha!  Wouldn't that be a twist?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, KingOfHearts said:

7x04 will probably be her big episode with Weaver.

Very likely. I'm torn between her being WHook's missing daughter and Rumple/Alt-Rumple's daughter. It would be just like the writers to have her be WHook's daughter and have a connection with Rumple. Maybe he's figured out who she is and is playing her--getting her to work for him in exchange for information regarding her father (which he keeps withholding). 

47 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

Very likely. I'm torn between her being WHook's missing daughter and Rumple/Alt-Rumple's daughter. It would be just like the writers to have her be WHook's daughter and have a connection with Rumple. Maybe he's figured out who she is and is playing her--getting her to work for him in exchange for information regarding her father (which he keeps withholding). 

Or they'll do the switcheroo like they did in "The Return".  Make you think she's one, but she's actually the other.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Rumsy4 said:

Wish!Rumple sounds like he would be an interesting character. Belle and Neal are dead, he's been incarcerated for decades, and the Wish Realm is at his mercy. I guess it's still possible Weaver could be him, but since 7x04 is about his relationship with Belle, and Gideon is in it, that's probably not it.

Or they'll do the switcheroo like they did in "The Return".  Make you think she's one, but she's actually the other.

This sounds likely.

12 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

I guess it's still possible Weaver could be him, but since 7x04 is about his relationship with Belle, and Gideon is in it, that's probably not it.

A&E said Hook is the only character getting the Wish treatment, and Weaver is Rumple.

12 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

I guess it's still possible Weaver could be him, but since 7x04 is about his relationship with Belle, and Gideon is in it, that's probably not it.

Unless they do the same thing with him as they did with Hook, and the episode is about how Wish!Rumple ended up in the group that got cursed while original Rumple goes back to Storybrooke to be with his wife and small child. Though I have a hard time believing that Rumple was suddenly able to give up evil when previously he never managed it for more than a week or so. He's been up to something.

I'm still not sure how adult Gideon comes into play, unless it's another dream appearance. I'd hate for him to get aged, de-aged, live a few years as a baby/toddler/preschooler, then get suddenly aged again. Poor kid.

Maybe something is wrong with Gideon.  Rapid aging syndrome, or some random mumbo jumbo attributed to the time he spent in the Dark Realm with The Black Fairy.

Or they're going to pretend Giles Matthey is 16-20 years old.  According to Lana, it had been 6-8 years between Henry leaving Storybrooke and "A Pirate's Life".  And we know it's another 10 years (at least) before Rumple gets caught up in the Hyperion Heights Curse.  So Gideon could be 16-18 years old in the fourth episode, and that's when Rumple leaves.

28 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

I'm still not sure how adult Gideon comes into play, unless it's another dream appearance. I'd hate for him to get aged, de-aged, live a few years as a baby/toddler/preschooler, then get suddenly aged again. Poor kid.

He can talk to August about that. Hmmm... new ship? Wooden Idiot. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Shanna Marie said:

The simplest explanation is that they need Gideon old enough not to require parental supervision.

I'm guessing that Gideon ends up kidnapped to another realm of rapid aging.  Belle might die.

The alternative seems like they need another sleeping curse which likely requires Belle to be in suspended animation and Rumple to go on a quest to find his kidnapped son.

I just don't see a way for this to turn out well for Belle.  I think they had one bottle of HEA preserves an gave it to Captain Swan.

I also doubt that they will spend much, if any, time in Storybrooke for Rumple's flashback.  It creates a lot of people who should be around that won't be.

• Love 1

This upcoming episode could be important since it might get some viewers to jump aboard for Tiana, since her backstory might be in the fifth episode "Greenbacks".  Tiana and Cinderella are also billed to be the requel's version of Snow and Red.

That gives us a week to really anticipate the Rumple/Belle episode.  I know most of us are really looking forward to seeing Gideon again.  He was definitely one of the bright stars of Season 6.  It really is a shame he didn't get added as a series regular.  Imagine Gideon and Henry becoming BFF's.

• Love 3

I mean how could the writers have screwed up this bad. If the reboot fails it 100% lies on them.

You cast a lead that's supposed to take the place of JMO and Ginnifer and she cannot act to save her life. 

You promote this epic couple that is Snowing 2.0 and my God if you could find two actors with less chemistry I would be shocked. I'd believe a romantic relationship between Henry and Regina over one between him and Cinder. At least they have chemistry. 

The characters are so unlikable and carbon copy rip offs of season one. It's just so so bad.

5 minutes ago, Camera One said:

This upcoming episode could be important since it might get some viewers to jump aboard for Tiana, since her backstory might be in the fifth episode "Greenbacks".  Tiana and Cinderella are also billed to be the requel's version of Snow and Red.

That gives us a week to really anticipate the Rumple/Belle episode.  I know most of us are really looking forward to seeing Gideon again.  He was definitely one of the bright stars of Season 6.  It really is a shame he didn't get added as a series regular.  Imagine Gideon and Henry becoming BFF's.

What viewers? This week is probably gonna bring in a new series low in ratings. God help the ratings with Tiana's episode. You guys thought the 1.0 Aladdin episode was bad, lol. You could be looking at half of that for Tiana's episode.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

I just don't see a way for this to turn out well for Belle.  I think they had one bottle of HEA preserves an gave it to Captain Swan.

They had two --one for CS and one for Snowing (who according to the still bitter Woegina, are 'sickeningly' happy). But I agree with you on Belle--it doesn't bode well for her.

3 hours ago, cappoe said:

You cast a lead that's supposed to take the place of JMO and Ginnifer and she cannot act to save her life. 

You promote this epic couple that is Snowing 2.0 and my God if you could find two actors with less chemistry I would be shocked. 

Yeah--this was a pretty big casting fail. I'm wondering if the casting team changed, because they've typically done an amazing job! 

What viewers? This week is probably gonna bring in a new series low in ratings. God help the ratings with Tiana's episode. 

I'm pretty sure @Camera One was joking. 

• Love 3

Is this episode a Cinderella-centric? So it's up to her to carry the episode and convince the dwindling audience that seems to be largely unimpressed with the reboot to stick around. That's not good because holy hell is the Cinderella hate strong on the Once Facebook page. This season has brought out what seems to be more casual general audience people commenting and they really, really hate Cinderella. All the same complaints we have here are listed there. Bad acting, no chemistry, angry/whiny/annoying/bitchy. Ouch.

Maybe this episode is more aptly named than the writers intended. If this is the Garden of the Forking Paths, then this will be the episode where people will decide which path they'll take. Can they handle an entire season with Cinderella as the hero/lead or is it time to turn off Once for good?

• Love 7
5 hours ago, KAOS Agent said:

All the same complaints we have here are listed there. Bad acting, no chemistry, angry/whiny/annoying/bitchy. Ouch.

These are my thoughts about her as well. Really poor casting job. I wonder if this is another case of A&E doing the casting themselves.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, KAOS Agent said:

That's not good because holy hell is the Cinderella hate strong on the Once Facebook page. This season has brought out what seems to be more casual general audience people commenting and they really, really hate Cinderella. All the same complaints we have here are listed there. Bad acting, no chemistry, angry/whiny/annoying/bitchy. Ouch.

I wonder if A&E are now considering doing a U-turn in 7B and coming up with a convoluted explanation for how Lucy is not Cinderella's daughter.  

I feel a little badly for the actress.  Though she is part of it, the writing is just as horrid.  

I'm surprised that *someone* didn't raise an issue after the premiere episode had finished.  They could have reshot some of the scenes where they met.  Clearly, the Writing team was confident that we would fall in love with Hinderella.

It also doesn't hurt that Victoria/Lady Tremaine is equally bad.  

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Rumsy4 said:

I'm wondering if the casting team changed, because they've typically done an amazing job! 

I wonder this too. The original cast, way back when this show was creative and good, was perfect. Even the side characters felt perfectly cast. This bunch...holy hell, it's like the casting agent went out of his/her way to choose the worst possible actors for each role. Expect perhaps Alice, we haven't seen enough of her yet to make a judgment. She's also the only newbie at this point I have any interest in, probably because they haven't had time to ruin her yet. I need to see more Tiana to make a call on her too.

I am hating pretty much everything relating to Cinderella. Her, her step mother, her daughter, her storyline, her and Henry supposedly being a couple. At this point I'd rather watch a buddy cop show with Whook and Rumple who occasionally hang out at a bar run by Regina while a weird Alice runs around doing weird shit. Everything else can go.

The worst part is, I'm guessing I'm supposed to care about why they are cursed, how they got there, etc. I just don't. At this point I just watch to see Whook and Regina. They are the only two left that I like or care about.

• Love 5

I have been avoiding Once stuff all this week but I noticed on Twitter that Adam said the Seattle stuff is taking place in 2017. The show had a definite start year in 2011 as Emma's birth year was 1983 and she was 28 in 2011. Which means only 6 years has gone by since the very beginning of the show to the start of season 7. So Henry went from a 10-year-old who was definitely born in 2001 as was shown on-screen, to being in his 30s with a 10-year-old daughter just 6 years later? So does this Henry's birth certificate say he's a 16-year-old boy and no one cares?

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, superloislane said:

I have been avoiding Once stuff all this week but I noticed on Twitter that Adam said the Seattle stuff is taking place in 2017. The show had a definite start year in 2011 as Emma's birth year was 1983 and she was 28 in 2011. Which means only 6 years has gone by since the very beginning of the show to the start of season 7. So Henry went from a 10-year-old who was definitely born in 2001 as was shown on-screen, to being in his 30s with a 10-year-old daughter just 6 years later? So does this Henry's birth certificate say he's a 16-year-old boy and no one cares?

Are we certain that Cinderella and Henry didn't adopt an orphaned Lucy?  Are they really going to have 11 years until the curse is cast?  That is starting to feel a little unlikely now that Regina and WHook have teamed up with Henry. And Emma is pregnant in Storybrooke never to been visited again.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 1