Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Kktjones said:

One thing I found interesting is that, if I have my timeline straight, this is supposed to be 4 or so years in the future and Killian is wearing the exact same costume he's worn the past three seasons. Emma and Henry both have completely new looks, but Hook is stuck in that same crappy jacket and off-center vest :(.

Because we'd have no idea who he was if he changed clothes. It's like Perry the Platypus -- no leather jacket and vest, it's just this guy, where did Hook go? With leather jacket and vest, oh, it's Hook. Seriously, it's getting ridiculous.

My friend who's at SDCC texted me a photo of the building in the Once Upon a Time wrap. I doubt he'll make it to the panel, but he's under orders to try to snag me some swag.

• Love 4
(edited)

I really don't mind Hook in the same clothes, because I think they look great on him. I like Henry's outfit a lot too! I see he's taking style tips from Hook with the skinny black jeans. :) The three of them together look so good, it's making me sad this is probably the last time we'll see them together.

http://losttalongthewayy.tumblr.com/post/163204728489/i-have-to-go-do-the-sleep-thing-but-here-are-some

And here's a lovely photo Jen posted on her IG of her and Colin.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWxbECWFFSl/

Edited by pezgirl7
  • Love 3

They look like a family. I wish we could have had just the three of them (and maybe some CS children eventually) sailing around the world, helping fairytales for the last season. 

• Love 10

So, apparently the new season will be very Cinderella-centric, since most of the new cast members are playing Cinderella, her stepsisters and her stepmother (Gabrielle Anwar). There will also be a new Alice, from a different story realm as Wonderland Alice. The one new one is Tiana. And, heaven help us, they promised for realsies and for sure another "major" LGBT storyline. I didn't see the context of the remark, so I don't know if this is yet another panicked response to a question, but we can only hope it's not as half-assed as the last time they promised a major LGBT storyline.

Apparently, Henry rides off through a bean portal on his motorcycle and, yes, is apparently exploring fairytale realms on a motorcycle. Colin was the one to ask where he's getting the gasoline, and he was chastised by the writers for bringing up plot holes. I would like to see video of this bit because the tone would be interesting.

Regina's "cursed"(?) identity is possibly as a bartender.

• Love 3
Just now, KingOfHearts said:

Bar Customer: "Why the hell is everything apple flavored?!"

Appletinis are so 1990s/early 2000s. So this show will think that's the currently cool, hip thing. You know, like current teens being into 80s music.

• Love 2
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

You know, like current teens being into 80s music.

Stop giving me cringey flashbacks to Dead of Summer, please.

The 1980s to A&E are basically Tron posters and guaranteed-to-get-you-laid-on-your-first-date musical selections.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 4

A couple more panel wrap-ups:

Entertainment Weekly (the S6 blooper reel is on that page, too)

TV Fanatic

Same basic info. I think some of the writers are stretching out things that seemed to be tossed out during the panel, based on the way they were reported in the live tweets. It sounds like they're running out of ideas and recycling. Audience reaction seemed to be mixed. There were those talking about getting goosebumps and chills from the new footage, others not impressed, and they pointed out that there were empty seats in the room at the time the panel began, while in the past there had been a line to get in.

(edited)

"Since no one watched the spinoff. I'm looking at you all," he laughed. FYI: Once Upon a Time in Wonderland was canceled after one season in 2014. 

A&E sure know how to sound condescending. I love how they can make that comment while also dropping the Will/Ana storyline like garbage.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 5

LOOking at the EW article it looks like they could explain away Emma's absence by making her pregnant in Storybrooke?  Apparently Colin said the next step would be for them to discuss having kids?.  That's one way to make sense of Hook being one of the ones to go after Henry without killing off Emma.

I get Regina being part of the rescue party but Rumple seems an odd choice, I'd expect Charming or Snow or Granny or Grumpy to go instead.

2 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

A&E sure know how to sound condescending. I love how they can make that comment while also dropping the Will/Ana storyline like garbage.

Not to mention, why bother bringing that up, it doesn't help at all, most people already forgot about the failed spinoff.

(edited)

Updating my theory based on new info: Henry heads off on his motorbike (traveling without gasoline through fairytale worlds). He's in a realm where time moves faster, so he grows up while his family stays more or less the same age. There's some kind of curse or problem, and he calls for help -- that's where we get the Hook and Emma in the woods with smoke thing, that's the magical Skype. Hook, Regina, and Rumple come help (maybe Emma doesn't because baby?). The curse hits, and that's what sends them to cursed lives in Seattle and explains why only Hook, Regina, Rumple, Henry, and the characters from that realm are in Seattle. Meanwhile, everything's okay in Storybrooke, aside from Hook being away from Emma.

ETA: There's this little Instagram video of Colin trying to explain how Hook and Emma's "happy beginning" isn't being ruined by the new situation. Bless his heart. It doesn't sound like he has a lot to work with here, though he does say he can't say more.

Edited by Shanna Marie
  • Love 1

To be fair, I think it was mentioned somewhere that the actors don't have scripts past the second episode. I'm sure they've been given a general outline from A&E but we know how reliable that could be. 

30 minutes ago, Free said:

most people already forgot about the failed spinoff.

What's funny about him saying that no one watched the spin off is that season 7 of Once is absolutely going to get lower ratings than Wonderland ever got. Hell Wonderland never went below a 0.8 and was always over 3 million - Once is already lower than that!

I watched the trailer - man was that boring! They're really making it easier for me to not watch. And is it a good idea to constantly remind us of Emma and her fairytale when that's the thing a lot of people are upset about losing?

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, sharky said:

To be fair, I think it was mentioned somewhere that the actors don't have scripts past the second episode. I'm sure they've been given a general outline from A&E but we know how reliable that could be. 

I just feel bad for him because he's trying so hard to reassure fans while also sounding like he's not entirely sure himself, like if he repeats often enough that they have true love and got married, then everything will be okay. He sounded the same way in the panel clip when they were asking about whether Hook and Emma would have children.

Colin was on some other panel yesterday that wasn't directly show-related. A friend was posting pictures from it, and she referred to it as the "hot guys panel," but I don't know if that was just what she called it because of who was on it or if that really was the theme. About all I've seen come from it was that they made Colin do the one-handed card shuffle, and there was a remark about not liking to take his clothes off for roles, but nothing about the future of the show. I didn't get any scoop out of my friend who was there because she's still at the con and busy.

34 minutes ago, superloislane said:

What's funny about him saying that no one watched the spin off is that season 7 of Once is absolutely going to get lower ratings than Wonderland ever got. Hell Wonderland never went below a 0.8 and was always over 3 million - Once is already lower than that!

The ratings landscape has changed dramatically in the past three years so it's not easy to use those numbers in comparison to Once today. If Wonderland had the numbers it had then this season, it would've been a definite renewal.

One thing I noticed about that TV Line interview was that there was just no magic there. It was a bit awkward. And as much as I love Colin, an interview like that makes it painfully obvious that he doesn't have the same off screen chemistry with Lana that he had with some of the other cast that's now gone.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, sharky said:

The ratings landscape has changed dramatically in the past three years so it's not easy to use those numbers in comparison to Once today. If Wonderland had the numbers it had then this season, it would've been a definite renewal.

Oh I know that but I'm not talking about renewals. It's true to say that if you say 'no one watched' Wonderland (which I didn't might I add) then you also have to say that no one is watching Once since Once currently has fewer viewers than Wonderland had. 

• Love 2

It looks like they paired up Colin and Robert for the round-table press junket interviews (my friend who's a TV writer just tweeted a photo from her interview). We need video of this.

56 minutes ago, sharky said:

And as much as I love Colin, an interview like that makes it painfully obvious that he doesn't have the same off screen chemistry with Lana that he had with some of the other cast that's now gone.

With any luck, the pairings for the interviews indicate which characters will be interacting most. Colin and Robert play really well off each other, even when the writing makes no sense. Hook and Rumple having to work together to help Henry could be interesting, and then I guess there's whatever situation the curse puts them in -- it would be ironic if the curse made them friends.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Shanna Marie said:

Updating my theory based on new info: Henry heads off on his motorbike (traveling without gasoline through fairytale worlds). He's in a realm where time moves faster, so he grows up while his family stays more or less the same age. There's some kind of curse or problem, and he calls for help -- that's where we get the Hook and Emma in the woods with smoke thing, that's the magical Skype. Hook, Regina, and Rumple come help (maybe Emma doesn't because baby?). The curse hits, and that's what sends them to cursed lives in Seattle and explains why only Hook, Regina, Rumple, Henry, and the characters from that realm are in Seattle. Meanwhile, everything's okay in Storybrooke, aside from Hook being away from Emma.

ETA: There's this little Instagram video of Colin trying to explain how Hook and Emma's "happy beginning" isn't being ruined by the new situation. Bless his heart. It doesn't sound like he has a lot to work with here, though he does say he can't say more.

What you described here is essentially what I posted on Tumblr, I think this is a fair interpretation of what's being said.

One thing I'm confused about is if the show runners are focusing on Henry traveling through the storybooks, why would they focus on stories they've already done? Yeah, I know that they will probably show different stories, and it will be interesting to see different versions of the characters we know, but why make them the main focus? A quick list of stories never covered in Once Upon a Time:

1. Journey to the West

2. The Hunchback of Notre Dame

3. Swan Lake

4. Treasure Island

5. The Prince and the Pauper

6. Canterbury Tales

7. A Midsummer Night's Dream

8. Paul Bunyan

9. Dracula

10. The Jungle Book

and many more. Now, the creators don't have to use any of these stories, but they certainly don't have to fall on Cinderella or Alice in Wonderland again either.

• Love 2

I think it's really sad how limited the discussion is today. SDCC used to lead to pages of discussion here and be all over Tumblr and I checked in this evening and there's so very little of Once anywhere. The new premise sounds interesting and if I hadn't watched this show for the last six years, I'd probably be excited, but I know how this show works now and they can't fool me into getting invested in something that will not payoff. I am slightly mollified that Hook, Regina & Rumpel are only cursed because of Henry screwing up, so everyone else is presumably safe and happy - except Emma who's now lost her husband and son again. Nice.

I love how Gabrielle Anwar had no idea about what the hell show she was signing up for, but did it because her daughter loves Hook. Also, Lana needed a button or two on that jacket. 

• Love 3

I am reading refs on twitter that Killian, Regina and Rumple aren't cursed but know who they are and are in disguise to help Henrry.  I cant find any other 'confirmation'.. it would certainly help calm down a few viewers. I suspect this still only speculation.

@samanthanicc118

Replying to @motormouthcrazy and 2 others

well they already confirmed today that regina gold and hook all know who they are which means hook will know who Emma is6:55 AM · Jul 23, 2017

1 hour ago, KAOS Agent said:

I think it's really sad how limited the discussion is today. SDCC used to lead to pages of discussion here and be all over Tumblr and I checked in this evening and there's so very little of Once anywhere. The new premise sounds interesting and if I hadn't watched this show for the last six years, I'd probably be excited, but I know how this show works now and they can't fool me into getting invested in something that will not payoff. I am slightly mollified that Hook, Regina & Rumpel are only cursed because of Henry screwing up, so everyone else is presumably safe and happy - except Emma who's now lost her husband and son again. Nice.

I love how Gabrielle Anwar had no idea about what the hell show she was signing up for, but did it because her daughter loves Hook. Also, Lana needed a button or two on that jacket. 

Yeah, there is so little interest in the show even in the fandom. I only see a few people in the spoilers tag and most of them are Rumbellers who are excited the Emilie is going to guest. Is this what season seven is going to be like, people barely being excited about the show unless a past cast member guests?

Should have ended in season 6.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, KAOS Agent said:

I think it's really sad how limited the discussion is today. SDCC used to lead to pages of discussion here and be all over Tumblr and I checked in this evening and there's so very little of Once anywhere. 

Well, they're pretty much doing everything possible to make sure us old, devoted fans have nothing to be interested about going forward. Something as simple as, "Don't worry, this new Rogers character won't have a new love interest. Hook and Emma are forever True Love. Oh, and we can say that even though Rogers is different than Hook, he'll be doing everything possible to get back to his True Love," would be 1000x more reassuring than, "Henry and Cinderella WILL fall in love. We're letting that out of the bag now. It's a fact so just deal with it. Oh, did we spend years being wishy-washy about whether Emma and Hook would ever get married, even though they're confirmed True Love and we did a wedding episode anyways? No, even to this day, we have to keep their relationship ambiguous...but there's nothing ambiguous about Henry and Cinderella. Don't you guys already love Henry and Cinderella?"

• Love 9

So Henry manages to portal hop into a different realm without cars and poisonous smogs and the first thing he does is stink up the place with a motorcycle because he just has to look cool? He remains the worst.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, PixiePaws1 said:

I am reading refs on twitter that Killian, Regina and Rumple aren't cursed but know who they are and are in disguise to help Henrry.  I cant find any other 'confirmation'.. it would certainly help calm down a few viewers. I suspect this still only speculation.

@samanthanicc118

Replying to @motormouthcrazy and 2 others

well they already confirmed today that regina gold and hook all know who they are which means hook will know who Emma is6:55 AM · Jul 23, 2017

Yeah, this is all speculation. No where did anyone say they had their memories in Seattle and how would that even make sense? Killian Jones isn't a fairy tale character name, he wouldn't need to change it and without a curse being a police officer makes no sense.

http://efnewsservice.tumblr.com/post/163331052742/july-22-2017-sdcc-2017-kitsis-horowitz-and

This is an interview with Adam, Eddy, and David Goodman about season 7. There are some interesting tidbits in it about the curse, Hyperion Heights, and Lady Tremaine.

Curse: won't be cast in the first episode

Hyperion Heights: is a mixture of fairytale and real-world characters

Lady Tremaine: is an evil land developer in Hyperion Heights

What I want to know is did the stepmother actress CHOOSE to give herself that haircut or was it A&E's idea to make her seem even more a Regina ripoff? I don't know if I find either an acceptable excuse, mostly just curious.

If Henry and Cinders have the same chemistry onscreen they did in theone interview I saw with the actors, she's gonna walk ALL over him. So, basically a normal romance for this show.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, PixiePaws1 said:

Not sure how to interpret this one. 

Henry found 100s of books in               Sorcerers mansion and he isnt in any of them.

Sounds like he's taking after his adoptive mother -- hey, it's supposed to be all about me. Why isn't it all about me?

Isn't he supposed to be the Author? The author doesn't appear in books. The author records the events in books. But I could still totally see Henry freaking out that he's not in the books (never mind that he hasn't done much to get into storybooks) and wanting to go be a hero.

13 hours ago, KAOS Agent said:

Also, Lana needed a button or two on that jacket. 

I think that could have had something to do with the perceived lack of chemistry in some of the interviews. There was some seriously uncomfortable body language going on, particularly in the interview where they're sitting on the couch, and it could be because that jacket with nothing on under it only worked when she was standing up straight. Sitting slouched like that on the sofa and with no wardrobe tape, there was some major gaping going on that would have been really obvious from the side. Robert and Colin should have been throwing Mardi Gras beads at her. It does seem like some of the way Colin was interacting with her had to do with him trying really, really hard not to get flashed. So I'm not going to judge cast chemistry based on what must have been an uncomfortable situation. Really, wardrobe tape is your friend when you don't wear a blouse under your suit jacket that buttons at the waist, or else you can't allow yourself to slouch even the tiniest bit.

• Love 6

From ET online article 

http://www.etonline.com/tv/222144_once_upon_a_time_drops_first_two_scenes_from_season_7_premiere_at_comic_con_watch/ampdoc.html

Kitsis provided more details on how the returning regulars, O’Donoghue, Parrilla and Robert Carlyle, join the fold. “The three people that you see on this stage come to [Henry’s] rescue. It’s really these three and Henry on this epic adventure and that’s Once Upon a Time,” he shared.

Sooooooo...did these 3 come to his rescue thinking they'd only be gone a short while but it went wrong and they ended cursed???  If so..why hasn't Emma come looking for her hubby and son??

12 hours ago, Curio said:

Something as simple as, "Don't worry, this new Rogers character won't have a new love interest. Hook and Emma are forever True Love. Oh, and we can say that even though Rogers is different than Hook, he'll be doing everything possible to get back to his True Love," would be 1000x more reassuring than, "Henry and Cinderella WILL fall in love. We're letting that out of the bag now. It's a fact so just deal with it. Oh, did we spend years being wishy-washy about whether Emma and Hook would ever get married, even though they're confirmed True Love and we did a wedding episode anyways? No, even to this day, we have to keep their relationship ambiguous...but there's nothing ambiguous about Henry and Cinderella. Don't you guys already love Henry and Cinderella?"

That is weird. They're being so up front with the new thing that's probably going to be at the center of the plot, telling us who Henry's love will be, but being so deliberately vague about something that's probably only going to be background status. Wouldn't it be less of a spoiler to say that Hook and Emma are happy together and have a kid, but Hook will have to help Henry and that's why he's there and Emma isn't than to tell us what the main love story is going to be? Or do they think that finding out how they're going to write Emma out is a potentially bigger viewer draw than finding out who Henry's love will be?

Colin did manage to fit it into every interview that Hook and Emma are True Love, so he seemed to be trying to reassure fans with what little he was allowed to say, and he said that the script for the first episode was one of the best he's read. I don't recall him saying that sort of thing about a script before, so that does give me some hope.

• Love 4
On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 5:00 PM, superloislane said:

I watched the trailer - man was that boring! They're really making it easier for me to not watch. And is it a good idea to constantly remind us of Emma and her fairytale when that's the thing a lot of people are upset about losing?

Yeah, reminding viewers of things that won't be in S7 probably isn't a good idea at all.

• Love 2
On 24/07/2017 at 5:42 AM, Shanna Marie said:

Sounds like he's taking after his adoptive mother -- hey, it's supposed to be all about me. Why isn't it all about me?

Isn't he supposed to be the Author? The author doesn't appear in books. The author records the events in books. But I could still totally see Henry freaking out that he's not in the books (never mind that he hasn't done much to get into storybooks) and wanting to go be a hero.

You would think he would have had this conversation with somebody else who was also not featured in the story books and felt left out because of it? Like, I don't know, Emma?

First scene into the seventh season and Emma absence already feels glaring. 

And why is he talking about the books like they're new. Didn't he find them in season 4? Regina was there for that. 

20 minutes ago, Writing Wrongs said:

Where did Henry get gasoline for his motorcycle in "Another Realm", "Years Later"?

I sniggered when he took a look at the one-horse carriage and the injured lady's "glass" slippers, and figured she was Cinderella (on the way to the ball?).

The writing in that sneak peek was atrocious, even for A&E. It's difficult to explain just how stupid it is. First, that's no magic bean portal. That's one of those sling rings from Doctor Strange. Second, why is Regina the only one showing up to Henry's departure? I get that the other cast members couldn't be there, but the writing could have accommodated that better. Regina's throwaway line about them was so clunky, as was the rest of the dialogue.

Those roads in Another Realm looked more like hiking trails in a modern day park. So Henry is just running over Disney princesses with a motorcycle? Lame.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Rumsy4 said:

Where did Henry get gasoline for his motorcycle in "Another Realm", "Years Later"?

Colin asked that on the panel. It was hard to tell from A&E's reaction whether this was actually something that hadn't occurred to them and they were a bit miffed to have it pointed out in public by one of their cast members or whether they were just joking, but it turned into this extended riff on how we can believe that there are magic beans that allow him to travel to another world but not believe that he could find a way to fuel his motorcycle for years while traveling in worlds without a Chevron. There was something to the effect of "I guess Episode 5 will be about him finding a gas station. Thanks, Colin."

But the "you can believe him traveling with a magic bean why do you need to worry about where he's getting gas" is a sign that they don't get worldbuilding. You establish the way things work in your world, and then you have to be consistent with them. The Storybrooke side is firmly established as being in our world, which means motorcycles need gasoline. There has never been any other form of fuel established. Even if Henry later finds a magical way to power his bike, why would he take a motorcycle into worlds where there are no gas stations before he knows there will be a magical way to get fuel for it? If I'm going to a place where I know there probably won't be gas, I'm not taking my car. I'd just go and then find some form of transportation that works there. Why not walk through the portal and then get a horse?

Oh, and that plothole is already getting mentioned in articles.

• Love 6