Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

We know the dagger is connected to the hat so maybe that's where the new owner comes in. It may explain the photos of Belle and Hook with the dagger. Of course Rumple still has ownership of it but perhaps the hat responds to the dagger the same away The Dark One responds to the dagger. So whoever has possession of the dagger controls the hat s well.

An empty house that Rumple confirmed belonged to a powerful sorcerer, said house was brought over by the second curse.  It wasn't there before.

I know, but why was the Apprentice neither guarding the house or the hat? Did he not know it was there? Belle easily found the house, why wasn't the Apprentice doing his job and looking for it too?

If the house is the sorcerer's house, then I'll buy that the Apprentice finally got lazy (who wants to sweep the floor forever for a guy who seems to never be around?). But, if they want to claim that somebody else owns the house (somebody who swiped the hat and the door), then I'll buy that too. I think it is believable either way.

I also find it interesting that the hat was deployed to a dumpy looking cottage in the EF, but got the best house in Storybrooke. Did the Sorcerer decide to upgrade his living arrangement? Was the Apprentice really guarding the hat in his cottage while the Sorcerer lived in style somewhere else? Does somebody new have the hat? Where is the Sorcerer?

New crack theory - Gepetto's parents was the Sorcerer and her husband. They were living in the Apprentice cottage and pretending to be bumpkins before Rumple turned them into dolls (well, Archie did, but that wasn't his plan - it was Rumple's). The Apprentice, lived in the secret sub-basement guarding the hat. The curse created a house fit for the Family Sorcerer, but the Apprentice figured the hat was left-behind when he couldn't find it during the first curse (where it was left behind - only the pure-ish heart of Charming dragged it with the second curse - Henry's heart was totally shady helping his daughter out with his nefarious plans). The apprentice  figured he could finally retire.  Rumple has kept the sorcerer and her husband as trophies all these years.

I bet my crack theory is less cracky then what we do get.

We still don't know how Snow got her hands on the "Dark Fairy Dust" that turns people into bugs. Maybe she traded one of the Queens for that? Likely Malificient. The first born tends to be the payment for these things, so I guess Malificient gets to be the mother of an emotionally stunted 30 year old?

Maleficent: All your firstborns are belong to me. (Zaps Emma to her side).

Snow: Emma!

Charming: No!

Hook: Swan!

Henry: Mom!

Regina: Why do bad things happen to me all the time?!

Emma (to Snow): Well... I guess I really am not your firstborn anymore. 

From the article:

"Regina was kind of like 'that's great, but I like your mom more.'

Er... 

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 1
New crack theory - Gepetto's parents was the Sorcerer and her husband. They were living in the Apprentice cottage and pretending to be bumpkins before Rumple turned them into dolls (well, Archie did, but that wasn't his plan - it was Rumple's). The Apprentice, lived in the secret sub-basement guarding the hat. The curse created a house fit for the Family Sorcerer, but the Apprentice figured the hat was left-behind when he couldn't find it during the first curse (where it was left behind - only the pure-ish heart of Charming dragged it with the second curse - Henry's heart was totally shady helping his daughter out with his nefarious plans). The apprentice  figured he could finally retire.  Rumple has kept the sorcerer and her husband as trophies all these years.

Well, Gepetto was the Big Bad in Fables (I kid you not, he had a wooden soldier army and conquered 100+ worlds with it), and Adam and Eddy were clearly inspired by Fables, so... I wouldn't be that shocked, really.

• Love 1

Another new article:
http://www.etonline.com/tv/160231_once_upon_a_time_scoop_6_magical_thoughts_we_had_while_watching_the_spring_premiere/

The good:

“So Many CaptainSwan Kisses: Get ready Emma and Hook lovers because you will be beyond pleased with the amount of PDA packed into Sunday’s premiere! Their looks of adoration will give you butterflies, and the opening credits are still rolling when you’re treated to your first CaptainSwan kiss with coffee. It’s clear that the past six weeks have been filled with many romantic moments.”

The bad:

Sunday's all-new hour is jam-packed with amazing scenes, hilarious lines, and character twists, but our favorite interactions are definitely between Emma and Regina. (And trust us, there are a lot of them!) In one touching scene, Regina opens up about her relationship with Robin Hood and it's clear that Emma is hell-bent on getting her friend a happy ending. (And also a new bottle opener.)

Are they drinking together again? That was Hook and Emma's thing. Ugh.

Belle still thinks about Rumple all the time, and often replays what she could've done differently in her mind. Perhaps her next relationship won't leave her wondering any more…

I'm guessing the play on words with wondering/Wonderland means that Belle and Will really are a couple, and shown in the first or second episode? For some reason I was really thinking it was all a ruse or something.

Also, I'm sorry but "Sometimes the purest heart is the most susceptible to darkness." is just SO dumb and makes absolutely no sense.

Edited by pezgirl7
  • Love 2

More Spoilers:

If you remember the plot with the heart of the truest believer, this season is all about “the heart with the greatest potential for evil…”

Hmm...time to clear the dishes of the table, because I know I'm going to be flipping it.

– “Love is a weapon, as dangerous and persuasive as magic.”

– “Who is it?” / “The sea bitch.”

– “I suppose we should go out and see what’s killing the property value this time.”

– “This isn’t our first monster bash.”

My guesses:

1) Rumple as he outlines his plan

2) Emma/Regina (sounds like something she would say)

3) Grumpy all the way

4) One of the other dwarves?

ETA: from the etonline:

Secrets: Ladies and gentlemen, brace yourselves because the Charmings are holding onto one of the darkest secrets we have ever seen on this series

Damn. I think I didn't get those dishes off in time. A secret darker than slaughtering an entire village? What, did they blow up Alderaan to make a point?

Regina opens up about her relationship with Robin Hood and it's clear that Emma is hell-bent on getting her friend a happy ending.

Crap. My eyes just rolled out of me head and now I have to find them amongst all the broken crockery. These spoiler warnings should come with a warning. She can't find time for her parents or boyfriend, but the person who tried to murder her entire family misses the dude that she dated for a week and Emma is on a mission. I bet she turns to the dark-side because she's so furstrated she can't get Regina her super-deserved happy ending. I know that's what would crush all the goodness out of me if I couldn't help a good friend like Regina with such an epic, unfair problem.

I guess my guess about Rumple's quote is wrong. ET says it is between Belle and Hook.

So when a new demon is unleashed whose sole purpose is to hunt down the heart with the darkest potential, let's just say it might not go after the usual Stroybrooke suspects. Sometimes the purest heart is the most susceptible to darkness.

Since all the spoilers point to that heart being Emma's, Chernabog goes hunting for Emma? Snow made a deal with that guy? She didn't get good value for her money because nothing happened to Regina.

Edited by kili
  • Love 4

“Love is a weapon, as dangerous and persuasive as magic.”

The ET article said that it's either Hook or Belle who says this, and I'm going to go with Hook, while he's trying to comfort Belle. Although I find it strange that either of them would say 'love is a weapon'. Maybe 'love can be a weapon', but the other way sounds so absolute.

Edited by pezgirl7

“Love is a weapon, as dangerous and persuasive as magic.”

The ET article said that it's either Hook or Belle who says this, and I'm going to go with Hook, while he's trying to comfort Belle.

I could actually see Belle saying this line if she's still thinking about Rumple and how she could have changed things. Saying "love is a weapon" sounds kind of pessimistic, and with Hook currently in a blissful relationship, it'd be weird if he had that opinion about love right now.

• Love 1

Saying "love is a weapon" sounds kind of pessimistic, and with Hook currently in a blissful relationship, it'd be weird if he had that opinion about love right now.

Rumple said this to Anna. I'll go with Hook too, as it's a little dark for Belle.

Edited by KingOfHearts
I'll go with Hook too, as it's little dark for Belle.

But Belle's in a pretty dark place right now, having been betrayed by the one she loved. Hook is apparently in a happy place, relationship-wise, at the moment. That could make for a rather interesting role reversal, for Belle to be the dark, gloomy one and Hook to be all sunshine and happiness.

• Love 3

And the second time, she came back as that ash monster because we understood there was a spell on her that preserved her in any form she was in.

And he’s going to have an unlikely ally who also feels scorned—Belle. Both of them were fooled by the Dark One, Mr. Gold.

Sorry to be late on this article, but? Gah!!!

For the first quote: You two nits have written more episodes of the series than any other writer(s) by a wide-ass margin. Talk like you know your damn show. "I understand that there was a disagreement once between Snow White and The Evil Queen..."

For the second quote: How is Belle an unlikely ally, when you explain that they were done wrong by the same person?! I know in Real People Land, automatic alliances aren't the norm just because of a shared enemy. Still, you nits have had a truce (minimum, right?) and an apology from Hook to Belle, so why the "unlikely" label? Did you not understand that there was a cessation of hostilities on that front?

I like kili's crack theory on the Sorcerer.

hypable's "It's the old curse, but it's totes fresh!" The show hasn't convinced me it's "fresh", on it's own, in a bit. I will wait to be convinced, but I understand there will be no breath-holding in anticipation.

Man these writers are lame and totally devoid of imagination. What happened to their motto that everyone must be related to be Shakespeare worthy material? I would've liked it better if Emma had the darkest heart and Chernabog wants it cause he's her daddy or momma? Is Chernabog male/female in Fantasia? And eating her heart like a boss Hannibal will give him real immortality. Oh wait, nevermind cause we've seen that before. Although that's never stopped them either.

I can't tell if the reporters are speaking Adam and Eddy speak when they say Charmings' secret is pretty dark? Or is this normal people talk? Cause if it's the former then 5 year old Snow probably stole Cruella's puppy and ruined her life for good. If the latter? They definitely ruined Mal's life in some way. My wild spec? Lily is her kid and the Charmings kidnapped her and used her as a test case for baby transportation to land without magic to make sure that Emma would get there safely when it's her turn. Yeah I know that would require some wild retconning from the pilot but that's never stopped these clowns.

Or remember how Snow was cursed with infertility and they fixed it by Ruth dying? What if that was a fakeout, aka more retconning, and Snow only got a baby by making a deal with Chernabog and hence Emma's heart is the blackest of blackest to have ever blacked. And to get this deal through, Snow had to take someone's ability to procreate away, like the Cora candle and she took Mal's.

ETA: It sounds like they're ripping off Riku's story from Kingdom Hearts for Emma. He was a hero that got temporarily turned over to the dark side by Maleficent. I think Mal gave him the power to command the heartless. Sounds familiar? Then him walking on the darkside allowed him to be possessed by the main villain, Ansem-Seeker of Darkness. Ansem is kind of like the Rump character. And there's a fight with Chernabog and a test Yen Sid/Sorcerer sent him on and like Once all sorts of masups with other Disney characters.

Edited by LizaD

TVLine:

Is there any way you can get any scoop about Once Upon a Time’s Belle? Her fans are dying for news. –Betsy
Your long wait for Belle goodness will end as soon as possible, because she gets the first line of dialogue — “Well, I see you still have your temper” — once the ABC drama returns to Storybrooke in Sunday’s Season 4B premiere. “And yes,” co-creator Adam Horowitz notes, “we haven’t forgotten that she’s still in possession of the Dark One’s dagger. That’s going to come into play pretty soon after our return as well.”

Any hint on the surprise related to Emma’s Once Upon a Time storyline for the second part of the season? –Frances
You probably got a taste for it from the new promo that debuted during the Oscars and hinted at Miss Swan’s dance with the dark side. As EP Horowitz explained at a Tuesday screening of the Season 4B opener, “One of the big themes for the second half of the season that we want to deal with is what makes someone a hero and what makes someone a villain — what the differences are and what the common ground is. Emma has spent a long time on the series being told she’s a savior and being told she’s a hero. Now she’s going to have to face that it’s not black-and-white.”

Actually, the theme is no choices because if Operation Mongoose is real, it's going to prove that The Author is in charge of everyone's fates and everything has been predetermined...

• Love 3

Actually, the theme is no choices because if Operation Mongoose is real, it's going to prove that The Author is in charge of everyone's fates and everything has been predetermined...

I'm really beginning to doubt that Operation Mongoose is real. For one, if A&E are saying good and evil aren't black and white, then the "heroes win, villains lose" isn't exactly the case. If the Author had control of fate, then how were Regina, Rumple and the Queens able to become self-aware? Couldn't he just stop him with his fate-changing powers if they wanted to confront him? This show, this show! Nevermind! I'm a crazy person talking here.

The Author is really teen Emma, who created a fantasy world where she had a loving family, she was special and Lily AKA Regina was her nemesis. After wanting to turning from her resentment, she decided to "redeem" and "befriend" Regina over desires to forgive Lily for what she did in real life.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2

First preview! Rumple rounds up the Queens of Darkness.

Lots going on in the one preview. It's an understandable data dump so we know who the queens are. That being said, if that's what Ursala's tentacles are going to look like for the rest of the season, I may have stock up on extra wine. I actually do like the campy CGI of this show, but those just don't seem well thought out.

I . . . don't get it.

So Rumple was trying for a "Villain's happy ending" even before going to the Land Without Magic on his grand quest to reunite with Nealfire?

I know it's TWTS, but how does that make sense at all?

Edited by Mari
  • Love 3

The Author is really teen Emma, who created a fantasy world where she had a loving family, she was special and Lily AKA Regina was her nemesis. After wanting to turning from her resentment, she decided to "redeem" and "befriend" Regina over desires to forgive Lily for what she did in real life.

That Evil Emma, ruining Poor Regina's life once again (no seriously, I could see this happening).

Maybe I should have a brownie? :)

Maybe spike it with something? I know a guy who knows a guy...who knows another guy, who could hook you up. Things will make sense that way.

Edited by Geeni
  • Love 1

Just a reminder for everyone, let's keep to the topic, Spoilers and Spoilery Discussion. If you want to speculate on what MAY happen, please take that over to the Speculation topic; mild spoilers can be spoiler tagged there, if you have a lot you want to speculate on - the general rule is that at least 80% of your post should be directly related to the topic you're posting in.

That said, I'm going to sit down and enjoy my olive-infused pineapple now. Because that's what they do now, right?

• Love 3

First preview! Rumple rounds up the Queens of Darkness.

Why the heck does Maleficent have a guard? I thought it was the Forbidden Fortress. I do love the cheesiness of this scene.

So I guess Cruella's power is to control animals.  That CGI looked like bad breath coming out of her mouth.  Reminded me of Bart's baby stink breath commercial.

It's a reference to Cruella's green smoke that would come out of her cigarette in the original movie.

Aww, I can't even snark about this sneak peek. The crappy CGI, the clunky dialogue, the hammy acting... I really have missed this show.

Can Sunday get here already? I can't believe how excited I am about this.

• Love 1

God help me, I am so pumped...

I swear, if they make Emma all obsessed with helping Regina, instead of her spending time developing her relationships with her boyfriend and her family, I am going to drop kick something...and then come back next week.

Damn it. 

• Love 4
ETA: It sounds like they're ripping off Riku's story from Kingdom Hearts for Emma. He was a hero that got temporarily turned over to the dark side by Maleficent. I think Mal gave him the power to command the heartless. Sounds familiar? Then him walking on the darkside allowed him to be possessed by the main villain, Ansem-Seeker of Darkness. Ansem is kind of like the Rump character. And there's a fight with Chernabog and a test Yen Sid/Sorcerer sent him on and like Once all sorts of masups with other Disney characters.

I should play Kingdom Hearts someday. I've tried, but I could never get past that fight in Wonderland, it was so freaking difficult (and I'm usually not a person who has problems with video games, gameplay-wise). Although all those cheery Disney heroes were kinda off-putting to be honest. I'm more of a Final Fantasy fan than Disney, yet I wouldn't mind seeing "human" characters like Maleficent, etc - but Goofy and Donald Duck were too much.

I guess the next scene would be the inevitable Regina and Emma share a hotel room.

That would probably be the shark that would finally convince me to drop the show. Unless I do it before, which is entirely possible.

The crappy CGI, the clunky dialogue, the hammy acting... I really have missed this show.

I do love the cheesiness of this scene.

That said, I'm going to sit down and enjoy my olive-infused pineapple now.

Well, at least olives and pineapple go with ham and cheese. :-)

Aside from Robert's delivery of "tête-à-tête-à-tête....à-tête" all I could think was: it's a good thing I've seen all these people in different roles and know they're actually all good actors, because that does not shine through in this particular scene.

• Love 4
It's a reference to Cruella's green smoke that would come out of her cigarette in the original movie.

I stand by my statement.  Cigarette breath or smoke are gross.  I think I watched 101 Dalmatians once, maybe.  Didn't care for it.  Also did not care for the Lady & The Tramp or Aristocats or Bambi or Dumbo, come to think of it.

Setting aside the whole CGI, it seems that those three might have potential together.  The sneak peek takes place before the flashback from 411 which makes the whole thing looks ridiculous in the sense that Rumple is the one to gather that posse in the first place for their happy ending (never mind that as Mari mentioned last night, he was already working on his via the curse, unless that happened before Emma and Hook's time travel adventure where Rumple was just thinking of the way he should be proceeding).  So I guess once he figured out what he was doing, he ditched those three and went his separate way which would be so very much like him to do.  Doesn't need them anymore, so why should he bother?  Which again makes those three women stupid for falling for it again.

I like how Maleficent seems to just wanna be left alone in her castle and she gets these visitors who just fuck her over.  Rumple, Regina, David...

Ursula mentioned leaving the sea.  I'm really curious to see how she and Cruella ended up in NYC.  I mean Cruella should be happy in NYC seeing as it is one of the fashion capitals of the world.  She should be happy as a clam. 

• Love 1

Why is that gas station not a Dinoco gas station? Missed opportunity.

That sneak peek makes no sense. Why does Malificient allow herself to be pushed around in her own house (the bit where Ursula is dragging her around by her staff is ridiculous). Why didn't Cruella have those dogs under her spell before they ran off? And why on earth does Rumple know using Operation Mongoose catch-phrases in the EF?

4B is going to be ret-con city, isn't it?

• Love 1

Ugh. I wish I could be more excited about our first sneak peek in months but...ugh. I can already tell I'm not going to like 4B at all. It's just going to be a repeat of 3B where we have a super famous villain(s) chewing the scenery while the good guys are stuck on a stupid season long mission that'll most likely end up being resolved with: "Are you dumb? You make your own choices in life, the book just records them. Now grow some brain cells." Maleficent and Ursula's actresses seem to be phoning in the cheese, so I at least commend Smurfit for actually committing to the role.

And I don't think this hypable article has been posted yet. It's pretty much Adam & Eddy saying a lot of what the other articles have already mentioned, although this quote is interesting...and by interesting, I mean table-flipping-inducing.

Kitsis: Yeah, I think for Emma right now the two people she trusts most in life are lying to her and she’s suppressing that. So finding that out will be kind of a bummer. She’s going to have to confront her past in a lot of different ways and she’s done a lot of growing in the past three and a half seasons, [but] what happens when the person that was helping you grow might actually be just as bad as the people you were trying to get away from?

I'm assuming the two people Emma trusts most who are lying to her are her parents. But the second part of that quote about "what happens when the person that was helping you grow might actually be as bad as the people you were trying to get away from" is oddly phrased. "The person" (singular) makes it sound like one person is taking the blame here, not both. Or is Eddy still referring to both Snow and Charming and just worded it incorrectly? Or is there an entirely new person involved here that has been helping Emma grow but she now sees them as just as bad as the villains? And how is it that Snow Freaking White of all people has been able to keep a secret for years? This just screams one giant mess.

what happens when the person that was helping you grow might actually be just as bad as the people you were trying to get away from?

This is definitely Snow. She probably did something in the past that is going to affect Emma in the present.

The person" (singular) makes it sound like one person is taking the blame here, not both. Or is Eddy still referring to both Snow and Charming and just worded it incorrectly?

I've started calling Kitsis "Shut Up Eddy," because I say "Shut up, Eddy!" to my computer every time I read an interview with him.

Can't wrap my head around the Snowing stuff. We've seen so much of the pre-Curse EF and we know they spent most of the Missing Year sitting on their asses...so, what does that leave? And if this deep, dark, Emma-trust-busting secret comes because she and Hook changed the timeline - isn't that partially on them? Can you lose trust in someone for doing something that they wouldn't have done had you not crashed through their history like Tweedledum and Tweedledee? (Scratch that. For all we know, Tweedledum and Tweedledee will be next season's Big Bads.)

Maleficent and Ursula's actresses seem to be phoning in the cheese, so I at least commend Smurfit for actually committing to the role.

Word. None of them come off as being particularly fierce or formidable.

Edited by Amerilla

Maleficent is totally phoning it in. She's not menacing or intimidating at all. It's too cheery for that costume. Ursula is super bland, but her actress is slightly more interested in the role. By contrast, Cruella is knocking it out of the park. The design and the acting are just jawdropping.

The green smoke is intentionally gross, by the way.

I'm assuming the two people Emma trusts most who are lying to her are her parents. But the second part of that quote about "what happens when the person that was helping you grow might actually be as bad as the people you were trying to get away from" is oddly phrased. "The person" (singular) makes it sound like one person is taking the blame here, not both. Or is Eddy still referring to both Snow and Charming and just worded it incorrectly? Or is there an entirely new person involved here that has been helping Emma grow but she now sees them as just as bad as the villains? And how is it that Snow Freaking White of all people has been able to keep a secret for years? This just screams one giant mess.

Does Emma really trust her parents the most? If Emma can forgive Regina for killing Henry while attempting to kill her, and attempting to burn her mother alive, what can be worse?

Or does this mean Hook? She trusts him a lot, and he has been helping her grow. Maybe he made a nefarious deal with Ursula in the missing year. However, the spoilers so far seem to point to Snow being the person. I am disappointed. Instead of dealing with the issues already present with Emma and Snow, they seem to be introducing something new and contrived. Will Emma go back to calling them David and Mary Margaret? I can't stand this continued character assassination of Snow and Charming.

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 2

Or does this mean Hook? She trusts him a lot, and he has been helping her grow. Maybe he made a nefarious deal with Ursula in the missing year. However, the spoilers so far seem to point to Snow being the person.

Yeah, at first I thought about Hook but when Emma met him, he was a villain, so the part about "be just as bad as the people you were trying to get away from" makes no sense because she knows he has done bad things, she has seen him do some of them. But with Snow or Charming it makes more sense for her to feel disappointed or even betrayed if she finds out that they did something terrible in the past.

Maleficent is totally phoning it in. She's not menacing or intimidating at all.

I could kind of get behind a non-menancing, hapless villain. We haven't had one since Hook started reforming and its kind of fun.

Plus, since Malificient warned Regina not to cast the curse, I want her to end up getting reformed and not dying. Sure, she put Aurora in a sleeping curse and turned Phillipp into a monster, but we've been forced to accept the redemption of worse people with less remorse.

She has the worst palace security and people just ignore her complaints about trespassing.

• Love 1

They don't eat Dragon? Would that really be an issue? Does Dragon Malificent really have to worry about a Doberman?

And please leave this sad, hermit of a fairy alone with her unicorn. I'm offended on her behalf.

Edited by Delphi
  • Love 4

I've spent way to much time today thinking about this terrible secret that Snow and Charming are keeping from Emma, a secret so bad that it devastates Emma when she learns about it.  The best I can come up with is that before Emma was born, in a desperate attempt to stop Regina's curse Snow and Charming made a deal with the QOD, and the price they had to pay was their first born child, or maybe they agreed to let the QOD teach their child magic.  I could see Emma being pretty devastated if she found out her parents were willing to hand her over to the QOD in exchange for stopping a curse….

I could see Emma being pretty devastated if she found out her parents were willing to hand her over to the QOD in exchange for stopping a curse….

How is that any different from them putting her in a magical wardrobe when she was barely 5 minutes old and sending her off to a strange land not knowing whether she would live or die?

• Love 2