Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

So, the younger Henry (Jared Gilmore) is likely Wish Henry, while the older Henry is the Prime version returned from HH. 

It still make no sense if the CS baby is already born, because when Emma was pregnant, Henry did not look like Jared Gilmore. 

1 hour ago, Rumsy4 said:

So, the younger Henry (Jared Gilmore) is likely Wish Henry, while the older Henry is the Prime version returned from HH. 

Or is the adult Henry riding a horse through Storybrooke while dressed in "fairy tale" clothes Wish Henry? If Henry just came from HH, and it looked like WHook was dressed in more modern clothes, and Alice and Robyn were in modern clothes when being chased around the food truck by Grumpy, then I wouldn't think Henry would be riding through town on a horse while wearing fairytale clothes. But then if Storybrooke is present, then Wish Henry wouldn't be an adult, unless time moves differently there. Argh, this timeline stuff gives me a headache.

Just now, Writing Wrongs said:

This show gives me a headache.

Jinx! You posted that at the same time I wrote it.

Neither Henrys should look like Jared at this point (Emma's had her baby). Couldn't Andrew West just play both roles like Colin with Hook and WHook? They're going to pull the "time moves differently" crap again. 

3 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

Couldn't Andrew West just play both roles like Colin with Hook and WHook?

I'm sure he could. I was just saying that riding a horse through town while wearing fairy tale clothes seems more like a Wish Henry thing -- and I'd actually love to see Andrew West getting to play vengeful Wish Henry to give him more to do than he usually gets to do with sad sack loser "I want to be a hero but I can't be bothered to actually do anything" Henry. Hmm, I wonder if he'd consider Wish Henry being in a book to count for achieving his ambitions. I have no idea how teen Henry could fit in at this point in the timeline.

I had a wacky thought last night that some of this stuff is going to turn out to be from yet another AU -- like the Robyn and Zelena who ended up in the Disenchanted Forest were actually from a different alt reality Storybrooke, and they haven't figured that out yet. But Zelena knew about WHook and no one was surprised that Robyn was the age she was, so I guess that isn't it. Hey, maybe this has all been alt Henry all along from another timeline, and in Storybrooke Prime, Emma and Hook had a baby within a few years of getting married. So the Hook and Emma we saw in the second episode are actually from yet another Storybrooke.

6 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

So the Hook and Emma we saw in the second episode are actually from yet another Storybrooke.

Hey, maybe we are the ones from a different realm. We all are actually Wish versions of our Real selves. Our original versions moved on from the Show ages ago. Or maybe they're living happily in a Realm where ONCE was helmed by more competent showrunners. Let's go kill them and take their place.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

Or maybe they're living happily in a Realm where ONCE was helmed by more competent showrunners. Let's go kill them and take their place.

That would be my Wish Realm. Either I didn't listen to my parents, studied screenwriting instead of something more practical, ended up working as a TV writer, and got tapped by the network to take over the show midway through the first season so that I could fix it or someone else took over and the show ended up living up to its potential. Let's move to that reality.

• Love 4
(edited)

FWIW, here's one supposedly spoiled SQer's info on the timeline. She has other stuff in her posts if you want to go through them.

But the events of Hyperion Heights are modern day.  2017.  Because they didn’t want to play with future tech.  The Hyperion Heights curse cast in 7.10 sent them back in time to 2017.  The reason Regina says the people in Storybrooke can’t know they’re in Hyperion Heights is because Regina, Henry, Zelena are all still in Storybrooke in 2017 (Rumple and Belle left a few years before).  

There are 2017 past versions of the Storybrooke characters as well as the Hyperion Heights versions.  This also applies to the wish realm.  The reason Wish Henry can be Jared is that he is the same age as 2017 Henry Mills that is just now deciding not to go to college.

When Bad Things Happen™–because plot has to happen–Alice and Robin go to Storybrooke for help.  But they’re going to 2017 Storybrooke.  That Regina/Henry/Zelena and company still live in.  And that Robin is still a pre-schooler.  That’s why the drwaves don’t recognize Robin even though she grew up there.

Expect that to be explained.  Do not expect the CS baby or anything in the last few scenes of the show to be explained beyond “Many Years Later”

Edited by Souris
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Rumsy4 said:

Or maybe they're living happily in a Realm where ONCE was helmed by more competent showrunners.

Ok, so, if I go find an infant now, get in good with the family, teach it magic when the time is right, then in a decade or two they can enact a curse to take me to a town where there are competent show runners. Only it will take another 28 years or so before I realize why I'm there and figure out how to get cable in the special protective bubble we are trapped in. Do you think the show will still be on then? Or should I just grow a magic bean? Oh, were is the fun in taking the easy route. Nope, I'll wait the thirty years or so. That sounds like an efficient plan. Maybe CS's baby will be a teen by then, or geriatric, or still a baby. Who knows

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Rumsy4 said:

Who’s got a Magic Bean?

I picked some up at the drug store. They're having a sale, buy 1 get 5 free. Practically clearance.

FWIW, here's one supposedly spoiled SQer's info on the timeline. She has other stuff in her posts if you want to go through them.

Okay, I can no longer use confusing timelines as an excuse for not watching Doctor Who. Dammit.

But the events of Hyperion Heights are modern day.  2017.  Because they didn’t want to play with future tech.  The Hyperion Heights curse cast in 7.10 sent them back in time to 2017.  The reason Regina says the people in Storybrooke can’t know they’re in Hyperion Heights is because Regina, Henry, Zelena are all still in Storybrooke in 2017 (Rumple and Belle left a few years before).  

This is extremely likely, IMO. It's what I was referring to regarding the "Storybrooke 2017" theory. While it explains Hyperion Heights' position in the timeline, it still doesn't answer how the show will resolve itself. If they simply reset the timeline, WHook, Alice, Robyn, Jacinda, Roni, Kelly, Drizella, Anastasia, Tiana, Naveen, and Adult Henry will all lose their happy endings or whatever. We already know that changing the past alters the timeline, so how exactly will the presence of the HH folks not disrupt their own existences? I guess I don't really see the point of going back to Storybrooke beyond "we need to see the old characters in the finale".

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

Okay, I can no longer use confusing timelines as an excuse for not watching Doctor Who. Dammit.

This season makes the River Song storyline positively linear and understandable in comparison. And, really, aside from the 11th Doctor stuff, most of Doctor Who is pretty straightforward -- travel to a time/place, have adventure there. There was just a phase in which the writers remembered that the time machine could be used more creatively and meant that time didn't have to happen linearly.

I bet the baby just shows up in a montage at the very end showing the happily ever after. Never mind that she'd be a baby before the events of this season happened, so it doesn't exactly wrap up the story, given that her older brother is still off trying to be a hero while having little (if any) contact with that part of the family, and he's going to end up poisoned and cursed long after she's a baby.

• Love 5

This does make sense, but what's the point of throwing in Wish Henry.  To make newbie viewers spontaneously go beserk in the finale with confusion?

11 minutes ago, Camera One said:

This does make sense, but what's the point of throwing in Wish Henry.  To make newbie viewers spontaneously go beserk in the finale with confusion?

They go to the Wish realm in a previous ep (the Regal Believer ep?), so they probably encounter him there. 

The hints revealed: - Captain Swan and their baby will be present at a coronation scene. - Two Henry's will also be present.

Oh, God. It's Regina's coronation, isn't it? Snowing and Emma abdicate to her when they all return to the EF, don't they?

It's time to flip some tables!

conveyorbelttableflip.gif

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Souris said:

The hints revealed: - Captain Swan and their baby will be present at a coronation scene. - Two Henry's will also be present.

Oh, God. It's Regina's coronation, isn't it? Snowing and Emma abdicate to her when they all return to the EF, don't they?

It's time to flip some tables!

conveyorbelttableflip.gif

Sooo...Wish@Realm Henry is crowned now that his mother 'woke up' and left the Wish Realm and Regina murdered Wish!Snowing?? Or Regina's coronation in the EF....or the Other half of Regina is being crowned?? 

Im sorry..i am so confused...why isn't Regina being executed for murdering Wish!Snowing???? Will she cook lasagne for the coronation feast and nobody likes it so she murders them all?? Will Regina's lasagne be run over by the Bayou Foodtruck after Granny steals it in retaliation for Sabine trying to muscle in on her catering gigs??

I'm lost...oohh, that is the wrong tv series.

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, PixiePaws1 said:

or the Other half of Regina is being crowned?? 

Hmmm... I can see this happening.  Wish Henry is too young to be King, so why not let the wise sage Evil Queen and Robin Hood rule the Wish Realm?   It's not like she was responsible for people dying in Season 6 or anything.  

• Love 4

Oh, God, of course its her coronation.   

3 minutes ago, Camera One said:

Hmmm... I can see this happening.  Wish Henry is too young to be King, so why not let the wise sage Evil Queen and Robin Hood rule the Wish Realm?   It's not like she was responsible for people dying in Season 6 or anything.  

Of course not. They were the only fake part of Wish Realm. Everyone else was real but Snowing.  

3 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

Everyone else was real but Snowing.  

Is Snowing attending this coronation too?  That would just be awkward.  I guess they all owe The Evil Queen everything for saving their life in the Season 6 finale last year.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Camera One said:

Is Snowing attending this coronation too?  That would just be awkward.  I guess they all owe The Evil Queen everything for saving their life in the Season 6 finale last year.

Normally I would say no. But this is A&E we've already had Snow and Emma thank Regina for their shitty lives. I wouldn't put it past them to have Snowing in Wish Realm thank Regina for killing them and/or have no hard feelings for being murder and grateful for her becoming Queen of their Realm.   

Couldn't the coronation ceremony be for Emma and Hook's daughter? I think they called it a coronation ceremony for Baby Neal at the end of season 3. It would make sense that that's how the baby name is revealed. Is this wishful thinking?

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Camera One said:

Rebecca Mader took a picture of her script page for the finale and it accidentally showed Wish Henry speaking but in the script it looks like he's calling Regina mom. If he's actually calling her mom then I give up even more than I did before. Maybe the writers had Wish Henry meet Regina, realise just how amazing and holy she is, find out she's the real version's adoptive mother and is simply overjoyed. Who cares about those silly grandparents she murdered and who cares that he was raised by Emma - Regina is just the best!

• Love 9
(edited)

If it is a coronation, it could be any number of possibilities: WHenry's coronation, St. Regina or Clone Queen in the Wish Realm, Clone Queen in the EF, Henry in the EF, etc.. 

7 hours ago, Katherine said:

Couldn't the coronation ceremony be for Emma and Hook's daughter? I think they called it a coronation ceremony for Baby Neal at the end of season 3.

That’s extremely unlikely as CS has been just a minor part of this season. Regina hasn’t been the focus either, but trust A&E to throw in a coronation for her nevertheless. It will be farcical, but when has that ever stopped the writers. I honestly don't care at this point. 

2 hours ago, superloislane said:

Rebecca Mader took a picture of her script page for the finale and it accidentally showed Wish Henry speaking but in the script it looks like he's calling Regina mom. If he's actually calling her mom then I give up even more than I did before. 

Maybe WHenry is pretending to be Real Henry to take revenge on Regina.

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 1

Why would Regina even need a coronation? Haven't they made a big deal out of calling her "your majesty" all along, with her getting snippy when someone doesn't treat her as a queen? Didn't they end season six with her getting "Queen" stenciled on her door?

I know, TS;TW, but this is getting to parody levels of ludicrous.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Shanna Marie said:

Didn't they end season six with her getting "Queen" stenciled on her door?

But they didn't stencil "Queen" anywhere else. At the end of the series, Clone Queen will be crowned as Queen of Misthaven. Regina will be crowned as Queen of Wish Misthaven. The Wish Realm Evil Queen will come back and will be crowned Queen of Alternate Wish Misthaven. 

Crack fic's got nothing on this.

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 1

Maybe it’s a re-coronation. Perhaps there’s a portal open between worlds and Regina decides to stay in the Enchanted Forest while others like Emma and Hook remain in Storybrooke.

4 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

Remember that Snowflake had his "coronation" at Granny's Diner. In this universe, it could even be Lucy's.

Good point. The writers conflated a naming ceremony with a coronation for Snowflake. We can't expect anything to make logical sense. 

3 minutes ago, XrystalPond said:

It's probably Adam and Eddy being coronated and breaking that fourth wall. 

And they will reveal themselves as "Authors" ordained by Alternate Merlin. 

41 minutes ago, Writing Wrongs said:

This all sounds like a clusterfuck of a finale.

But oddly, I just can't wait to yell at the TV and make fun of this sh*t one last time...it might even make me sentimental!

• Love 3
(edited)

“We’ll see some of the things that Henry does during the courting phase,” 

16 episodes in, and we're just now getting to the courting phase? What is this? Memento?

“It kind of deals with Henry’s personal struggle and feeling that maybe he doesn’t quite ‘measure up’ for Cinderella, that maybe he’s not worthy of her, so he goes on a journey to find that worthiness in himself to work up the courage to profess his love to her and get that relationship going.

This is essentially the same plot from 5x05, where Henry didn't feel "worthy" of Violet. Queue more pouting. I dislike Henry greatly, but even I think he can do better than Murderella.

“It’s a relatable struggle that we see him go through, and it turns into a bit of an adventure, that Hook facilitates,” adds the actor. “It’s fun to see those two guys go on a bit of an adventure together.”

Yes, because we can all relate to the quest to prove we're true heroes who belong in a storybook.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 5
Just now, Rumsy4 said:

Article teasing tomorrow's episode.

The whole plot of the episode is spoiled in this article. 

“[Henry] gets a very exciting job offer that has to do with H-Town, the podcast he’s working on.” And said opportunity would take him far, faraway from Seattle, to New York City.

Dude, run! 

As an added rumple, er, wrinkle, “We’ll see Weaver come back into [grandson] Henry’s life, when he needs his help with something.”

I like the "rumple/wrinkle" joke. Who needs whose help? The pronouns don't make that clear.

Henry is quite busy in flashbacks ... “It kind of deals with Henry’s personal struggle and feeling that maybe he doesn’t quite ‘measure up’ for Cinderella, that maybe he’s not worthy of her, ... "

Worthy of...a potential murderer. O...kay.

The other plot is Tilly/Margot connecting in HH, which is also teased in great detail--how they connect, what they talk about, what they do, etc.. There's no mystery in this romance, either. 

If they want people to actually watch the episode, this is not the way to go about it. :-p

On a different note, this picture looks interesting. EF flashback? Colin is wearing his "By Hook or by Crook" T-shirt. Cute.

• Love 2
(edited)
21 minutes ago, Rumsy4 said:

And said opportunity would take him far, faraway from Seattle, to New York City.

Hopefully we would get to see another well written fountain scene.  I wonder if Emma's apartment is still there (or was that Boston?).  It seemed to be left to be available whenever it was needed - rent magically paid similar to Henry always having gas in his bike.

Edited by CCTC

Happy to see Alice and Robin reconnecting in their cursed personas.

It’s one of the few relationships I’m actually interested in seeing getting a happy ending. Well, them and Knight Rook, obviously.

I’ve always liked Zelena. But can’t really get invested in her and Chad since I know nothing about their story.

• Love 1

More info on that scene with Colin and Rose (X). 

2 hours ago, rogvortex58 said:

But can’t really get invested in her and Chad since I know nothing about their story.

We haven't seen him and even Zelena is ghosting him. It's hard to get invested.

1 minute ago, Rumsy4 said:

We haven't seen him and even Zelena is ghosting him. It's hard to get invested.

Remember only a single episode is needed to get invested in a true love couple.

Just the "Henry gets a job opportunity because of H-Town" is going to take me completely out of the episode.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Camera One said:

Just the "Henry gets a job opportunity because of H-Town" is going to take me completely out of the episode.

I so need to start a podcast. I'm sure mine would be better, and then the money is guaranteed to come rolling in!

(edited)
4 hours ago, Rumsy4 said:

The whole plot of the episode is spoiled in this article. 

That looks like the synopsis one would post after.  Are they desperate to attract viewers or what?  They think people would watch if they knew more details?

I decided not to read most of it so the episode won't be a complete bore. 

5 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

16 episodes in, and we're just now getting to the courting phase? 

What a great idea to wait until Episode 16 for a centric about the supposed main character's mindset.

Edited by Camera One
32 minutes ago, Camera One said:

IKR? *Snicker*

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, Camera One said:

I'm 99% sure that this "New York job opportunity" is a facade. It's probably someone from 2017 Storybrooke trying to find out who this other "Henry Mills" is.

• Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, Rumsy4 said:

Article teasing tomorrow's episode.

I do find it somewhat interesting that the character that seems to have the most significant story arc this season is a recurring one - Alice. She has the father/daughter story with Hook both in the EF 2.0 and in HH. She has some type of bond with Rumple that I guess we will learn more about. And now she has this developing romantic storyline with Robin. It feels like perhaps the backlash about Cinderella caused them to ease up on her and switch their focus over to Alice. Spoilers seem to show that she and Robin will appear together in the majority (if not all) of the remaining episodes and she is filming a lot for the finale. I do wonder why they decided to promote Tiana to a regular instead of Alice...

Edited by Kktjones
B/c either does not mean their!
  • Love 2
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Kktjones said:

I do find it somewhat interesting that the character that seems to have the most significant story arc this season is a recurring one - Alice. 

6 minutes ago, Kktjones said:

I do wonder why they decided to promote Tiana to a regular instead of Alice...

It does make zero sense.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Kktjones said:

The same reason why they engaged Michael Socha as a regular in Season 4.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Kktjones said:

Isn't Tiana's actress involved in another series? They may have had to make her a regular to ensure her availability when they needed her because she's more in demand. Or it could be their usual thing of "We love this guest character! Let's make her a regular! Now we're bored with that character and don't want to write for her anymore."

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Shanna Marie said:

Isn't Tiana's actress involved in another series? They may have had to make her a regular to ensure her availability when they needed her because she's more in demand.

That was just what I was going to type.  Though it seems kinda weird they would "claim" her and then not use her.

Or it could be their usual thing of "We love this guest character! Let's make her a regular! Now we're bored with that character and don't want to write for her anymore."

I'm curious when they made her a regular.  Was it early on when they thought she might play Whook's love interest?  

• Love 1