Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

22 hours ago, Shanna Marie said:

Yeah, it's a little galling that supposedly everyone is living out a "happy ending" in lives that were given to them as a form of torture, in a town that was created to be a prison for them.

I think it would be appropriate to at least have Snow and Charming in the series finale, since the series opened with them. It would be apt to see Emma again, but that's not going to happen, and they long ago gave up on this being Emma's story in any way.

Yea, but..central heat, air and working toilets, and internet as opposed to taking a dump in a hole, unsanitary conditions, bad CGI and Ogres.. so....Regina was a really bad curse giver.  The promo actually looks good and I can go with the redeemed villains jumping into action...it takes crazy to fight crazy.  The missing Charming family is NOT IMO what is wrong with this season.

Edited by Mitch
2 hours ago, Rumsy4 said:

One can't deny there are some Freudian overtones in Regina's obsession with Henry...:-p

Regina's character is a physical representation of the female Oedipus Complex, let's be real.

• Love 5
(edited)
3 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

It doesn't help that every freaking scene between adult Henry and "Ronnie" seem weirdly flirty. Its super creepy.

Replying in OUAT 2.0 thread.

Edited by KingOfHearts
2 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

Regina's character is a physical representation of the female Oedipus Complex, let's be real.

Actually, that would be a Jocasta Complex.  Jocasta was Oedipus's mother. The female counterpart to the Oedipus Complex is the Electra Complex

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Mitch said:

Yea, but..central heat, air and working toilets, and internet as opposed to taking a dump in a hole, unsanitary conditions, bad CGI and Ogres.. so....Regina was a really bad curse giver. 

Yeah, sending people to a place with a higher standard of living is a really dumb idea of a punishment. But like others have said, they might have been able to take some things from our world back with them. The dwarfs are good at figuring things out and making stuff. They might not have managed to build an Internet (and looking at a lot of what happens on the Internet, that's not an entirely bad thing), but I bet they'd be able to create a sewer system, indoor plumbing and a few other modern things. I guess it boils down to whether or not they want to be there, and the show never bothered to explore how people felt. We don't even really know if Regina actually wanted to stay there or if she was only there because of Henry.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Mitch said:

Yea, but..central heat, air and working toilets, and internet as opposed to taking a dump in a hole, unsanitary conditions, bad CGI and Ogres.. so....Regina was a really bad curse giver. 

I have always assumed that Regina didn't actually know where the curse would take them or what form the curse would take - all she knew was that she would get what she wanted and she would have ultimate power over everyone. It was Rumple who decided to go to the real world to find Bae. The actual punishment of the curse was being separated from their family and friends, making them the type of person their real selves would hate and making them live the same boring day over and over again with no hope of something good ever happening.

• Love 3
(edited)
12 hours ago, Shanna Marie said:

he dwarfs are good at figuring things out and making stuff. They might not have managed to build an Internet (and looking at a lot of what happens on the Internet, that's not an entirely bad thing), but I bet they'd be able to create a sewer system, indoor plumbing and a few other modern things. I guess it boils down to whether or not they want to be there, and the show never bothered to explore how people felt. We don't even really know if Regina actually wanted to stay there or if she was only there because of Henry.

First, I think any of the non magic people would get in their cars and drive over to the LWOM instead of waiting for the next Big Bad in a low cut dress to threaten everyone on Main Street...( I have never understood why these idiots talk so positive about magic...it does not good for anyone but the user...) I guess maybe no one is SB has to worry about unemployment or health care or street crime that we have to deal with but as you say, never bothered to explain how SB works...(if the real world can't find them how do they good food and goods?)  Regina did say in S2 that this world is to her, the best..but we never heard what anyone else had to say about it.

As for the internet..come on, you know Regina is trolling all the SB Message Boards for any comments on her...(Zelena posting as "Prettier then Glinda" "Did you see Regina's F Me boots the other day..tacky, when is the biotch going to see that she aint all that..Oh, by the way, that lasagna she is always plying is microwaved Stoufers!" .....Regina posting as "More Glorious Everyday" "I have NEVER seen anyone more beautiful then Regina..we should all bow down to our QUEEN! She is fashionable, kind, funny, sincere AND makes the best HOME MADE lasagna in ALL the realms. Why there has not been a more beautiful witch since Samantha Stephens and SHE was'nt  real!Oh, and Zelena has crabs but she says she got it from her broom..LMAO!"

3 hours ago, superloislane said:

I have always assumed that Regina didn't actually know where the curse would take them or what form the curse would take - all she knew was that she would get what she wanted and she would have ultimate power over everyone

In S2 she tells Hook she is going to take everyone to a LWOM..but did she know what that world was like? When she wakes up in SB she does not seem to be freaked by anything...but again its the writers missing the most interesting things to explore. I can't believe I remember all this crap!

Edited by Mitch
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Rumsy4 said:

I just saw an instagram photo of Sean Maguire with Bex and Lana. They were all in costumes (modern clothes as far as I could tell). Groan...

I think it's old. It had the hashtag "#memories."

3 minutes ago, Souris said:

I think it's old. It had the hashtag "#memories."

Oh, phew! It was tagged "spoilers" on tumblr. I guess others were confused too.

4 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Ah, they're all probably reminiscing about how grateful Robin is to the woman who murdered his wife, and the other woman who murdered his wife and then raped him. Good times. 

Robin really had terrible taste in women. :-p

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Camera One said:

Thank goodness.  Though at the same time, I really wouldn't be surprised.  If anyone would return, it's Robin.  Hades actually turned him into that feather, you know.  

And Sean would jump at the chance. 

(edited)

From EW Interview:

The move not to provide definitive answers — seriously, what was the deal with Emma’s tattoo?! — feels reminiscent of the series finale of Lost, on which Kitsis and Horowitz previously worked. But the OUAT bosses insist it has nothing to do with the timing of when they found out the show would end, as they suspected from the start of the rebooted seventh season that this could be a possibility. “The finale was going to be what we were going to do, and then we’re just not doing cliffhanger,” says Kitsis

Just as we predicted, A&E claim that cancellation did not change A THING about the ending.  This was ALWAYS the ending they were going to have, with the exception of a cliffhanger.  

They knew it might be cancelled, yet they still planned the season this way.

And please, don't even compare this show to "Lost".  The final season of "Lost" was bad, but at least it was high-concept.  This final season is lowest of the low, and I doubt the finale episode will be anywhere as satisfying as "Lost" (even though it wasn't even that satisfying).

Kitsis, who reveals they did have a pitch for a potential season 8. “It was never heard,” he adds before quipping, “We’ll save it for the spin-off when they approach us in two years.”

So Dungey never bothered to even hear the pitch.  So clearly, the show's fate was sealed by the fall.  

“At some point we should stop making Lost references, but we keep doing it,” Kitsis says. “I think we even have like three left coming up.”

Too bad they don't put so much effort into, you know, character development, worldbuilding, and writing a coherent plot.

“We have a lot of people who have been there for many years, some since the first season,” Horowitz says. “So it’s a lot of everybody wanting to go out with that feeling, the stuff that we’ve all loved, the romance, the adventure, the emotion of the show. We’re trying to make sure that we give the audience one last dose of that.”

Yet it's the same ending as they were going to do?  Is it the former or is it the latter?  

If they're trying to replicate the most common feelings evoked by this show, they're talking about disappointment, right?

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 7
12 minutes ago, Camera One said:

If they're trying to replicate the most common feelings evoked by this show, they're talking about disappointment, right?

It's the feeling you get when you bite into a hollow bunny.

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, Camera One said:

Disappointment, rage, frustration, self-pity, denial, boredom...

• Love 5
22 hours ago, Camera One said:

And please, don't even compare this show to "Lost".  The final season of "Lost" was bad, but at least it was high-concept.  This final season is lowest of the low, and I doubt the finale episode will be anywhere as satisfying as "Lost" (even though it wasn't even that satisfying).

I feel they can equal the Lost finale in one way.  The defining characteristic of the Lost finale is that half the viewers were confused enough about it to think nothing in the series actually happened.

I come out of every other episode not understanding why any one does the things they do, so I can expect that the OUAT finale will have half the viewers having no idea what just happened.

12 minutes ago, Souris said:

Jen said at a con tonight that she's "trying to make it work" to come back for the finale. (Video)

Hmm seeing the video makes me think she is coming back. She's smiling and excited and stuff. Also word on everything the audience member said about S7.

(edited)

From EW post-episode interview:

But Victoria is not the only victim of the hour as a mysterious person kills the doctor who had only just discovered that Henry (Andrew J. West) is actually Lucy’s father. This episode-ending twist speaks to what EW previously revealed in Spoiler Room: There’s an awake fairy tale character that is out for revenge and starts killing people. “That is what the next few episodes are going to be about: Who is the killer?” Kitsis says, noting there will be much more death ahead. “Someone is, we will find out, killing witches. While Gothel is trying to assemble a coven, someone is trying to knock them off. That is what we’re going to be seeing for the next little bit.”

Horowitz adds: “The identity of the gloved perpetrator is a mystery. It’s not the mystery. It gets revealed probably sooner than you expect, but it’s opening a new story avenue.”

So the new mystery aside from the Coven is the "awake-fairy tale character" who is the gloved murderer.  So the doctor was a witch too?  

I was guessing Nick or a new Big Bad to succeed Mother Gothel in the episode thread.  But another possibility is that it's Rumple, once again doing horrible things for "good" reasons.  Or something.  Doesn't matter since Belle will forgive him anyway when they reunite.

Part of it is seeing how this affects Ivy and where this pushes her next.”

Kitsis adds: “Ivy now has to deal with what happens when you spend your entire life hating someone and then you realize you shouldn’t have, they really liked you, and now where do you put that hate?”

I don't have much hope that they can salvage the character.  I've lost interest and it's not going to be easy to gain it back.  We already know she's doomed.  She probably sacrifices herself for Anastasia and gets insta-redeemed too.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1

Let me tell you all the ways I find it thrilling that the final arc is serial killer vs. Gothel coven.  Nope, can't come up with any.

Do we root for Gothel?  Abuser of Hook, attempted killer of Ivy and Robyn, .and killer of Victoria, and assembler of coat hangers of evil? (I went to check what other bad deeds she has perpetrated but no one cares enough about S7 to update the wiki)

Or do we root for the serial killer that is trying to kill metal, plastic, wooden, and padded coat hanger but started with an innocent doctor to conceal a secret?

I'm thinking that Gothel might be assembling good witches.  Probably to steal their power, but somehow that will spin that she isn't all bad.

The killer is one of the "good" guys.  They would never refer to one of the villains as a serial killer.  That is strong enough language that it would only apply in Emma/Cruella or Snow/Cora situation.

• Love 4
(edited)

Another shocking possibility would be Tiana.  Who will get the next poisoned beignet?

It will probably turn out to be Dr. Facilier, and when Regina finds out, it breaks her heart.  Or Zelena's normal boyfriend is a serial killer.

So A&E now think they can write a cop show about a serial killer.  Trying to add to their resumé?

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 2
(edited)
49 minutes ago, Camera One said:

So A&E now think they can write a cop show about a serial killer.  Trying to add to their resumé?

Mass-murdering tyrants? Check.
Unpunished rapists? Check.
Real world serial killer? We're getting to that, don't worry.

It will probably turn out to be Dr. Facilier

That's what I'm thinking, considering he's notably missing. Of course, it wouldn't surprise me if Tiana has been awake this whole time. It's a curse without the actually curse part, you know.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

I'm thinking that Gothel might be assembling good witches.  Probably to steal their power, but somehow that will spin that she isn't all bad.

Yeah, we're going to find out she has a sad backstory and a good motivation for being willing to kill Robyn and Henry and all the other stuff she's done. Meanwhile, they're going to totally forget all their rationalization from after the rape about how she's a villain and villains do bad things.

• Love 3

It's weird that we're not meeting Zelena's fiance until 7x17. In 7x10, she made a big deal about how she couldn't leave him. Then in 7x12, she wanted to come back to the bar and get involved with the Coven shenanigans. She didn't mention him at all. Her fiance was some kind of major plot point, but he's going to be MIA for seven episodes?

8 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

It's weird that we're not meeting Zelena's fiance until 7x17. In 7x10, she made a big deal about how she couldn't leave him. Then in 7x12, she wanted to come back to the bar and get involved with the Coven shenanigans. She didn't mention him at all. Her fiance was some kind of major plot point, but he's going to be MIA for seven episodes?

She's also not fretting about her daughter as much as she should be.  Who knows where Robyn really is, with her Cursed memories.  At the very least, she should bring up her worries with Regina, since they're now the closest sisters there ever was.  

The thread for the next episode has been spinning be in circles. 

1) After trying to figure out what a Tate of the Heights could possibly mean, I figured out it was a misspelling.  So probably a very special food truck episode vs a very special museum episode.

2) The episode summary is the season one pilot I guess.  I was wondering if they'd be actually lifting the original premise and ripping it off even more blatantly.

That episode summary is the generic series description. That's what they stick in the TV listings as a placeholder until the news release for the episode comes out. It doesn't really fit the series anymore, but I guess they haven't updated the series description with the listing services.

43 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

The thread for the next episode has been spinning be in circles. 

1) After trying to figure out what a Tate of the Heights could possibly mean, I figured out it was a misspelling.  So probably a very special food truck episode vs a very special museum episode.

2) The episode summary is the season one pilot I guess.  I was wondering if they'd be actually lifting the original premise and ripping it off even more blatantly.

I was so confused until I finally came to the same conclusions as you. hehehe

• Love 1
(edited)

Here's the episode description:

The poisoning of the doctor throws suspicion on Sabine and Jacinda, as their thriving food truck has been producing bottled carbonated drinks supplied to the hospital.  In flashback, Tiana attempts to get a character arc that lasts for one episode.  Meanwhile, all the other characters stand around doing nothing.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, Camera One said:

Here's the episode description:

The poisoning of the doctor throws suspicion on Sabine and Jacinda, as their thriving food truck has been producing bottled carbonated drinks supplied to the hospital.  In flashback, Tiana attempts to get a character arc that lasts for one episode.  Meanwhile, all the other characters stand around doing nothing.

You lost me at 'who is Sabine?'

• Love 1
(edited)

Regarding Eddy's quotes about Rumple from Thursday:

"For us, we always looked at it like the vampire that realised that immortality isn't all that it's cracked up to be," Eddy Kitsis told TV Guide.

So now they're writing a variation of Buffy, eh?

"So it is morbid in one way. Another way to look at it is he has such love for Belle and such faith that he'll be reunited with her, and he realises the lesson she tried to teach him, which is that life is about moments, and if it goes on forever nothing means anything."

Wasn't Charming the one who was telling Emma that life is about moments?  Did Belle say that to Rumple too?  I don't remember.

"So that's kind of what we're saying, and I think for us, we don't know if he'll achieve that or not, but what we've always loved was 'Rumbelle'. This is a show for hopeless romantics."

Hopeless romantics don't root for murderers to get their happy endings.

"We know that he has a very, very tough mission which is to resist his darker impulses so he can keep his heart clean to go back to Belle, and that is going to be challenged," Kitsis added.

Keep his heart clean?  Uh, it hasn't been clean for several hundred years.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, Camera One said:

Keep his heart clean?  Uh, it hasn't been clean for several hundred years.

It was clean for about an instant at the end of - he is dying from his heart being black for being the dark one for so long and they somehow cleaned it.  I think I might have been completely done with him when after they went through that convoluted plot, he immediately went back to being underhanded once his life was saved and he had a clean heart.  He learned no lesson from the ordeal, and did not even try to resist temptation of going over the dark side.  

That is why I don't quite understand he can never die, since he almost died before and you think with all of the dark ones in his heart that it would accelerate the blackening process.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 3/4/2018 at 11:48 PM, Camera One said:

So now they're writing a variation of Buffy, eh?

They've been doing that since S1.

Hopeless romantics don't root for murderers to get their happy endings.

I don't know. Those seems to be increasingly common these days.

The penultimate episode is entitled, "Homecoming". I'm guessing everyone meets up back in Storybrooke.

Edited by KingOfHearts

They've finally put out an episode description:

Tiana takes a trip through the bayou and has a surprising encounter; Sabine reconnects with an old friend whose plans could jeopardize her culinary dreams; Rogers and Weaver make a shocking discovery.

And there are promo pictures.

Looks like we're getting Blind Witch 2.0, with all the gingerbread houses. Let me guess, her bakery is going to threaten the success of the food truck. Because gingerbread houses and beignets are in direct competition. Gee, what will I have with my coffee this morning, a beignet or a gingerbread house?

But I have my dinner for this episode planned now: shrimp creole.

Interesting that in a Tiana centric, all the promo pics are of Rogers and Weaver. They really are focusing all the promo on the original characters/actors. At this point, they probably know they're not getting new viewers, and their best hope is hanging on to old viewers or getting old viewers back for the run to the finale.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Shanna Marie said:

They've finally put out an episode description:

And there are promo pictures.

Looks like we're getting Blind Witch 2.0, with all the gingerbread houses. Let me guess, her bakery is going to threaten the success of the food truck. Because gingerbread houses and beignets are in direct competition. Gee, what will I have with my coffee this morning, a beignet or a gingerbread house?

But I have my dinner for this episode planned now: shrimp creole.

Interesting that in a Tiana centric, all the promo pics are of Rogers and Weaver. They really are focusing all the promo on the original characters/actors. At this point, they probably know they're not getting new viewers, and their best hope is hanging on to old viewers or getting old viewers back for the run to the finale.

That 0.4 probably killed them completely. 

(edited)
1 hour ago, Shanna Marie said:

Should a blind person be running a bakery? How is she building those gingerbread houses?

It's sad when the promo monkeys know what people want more than the actual showrunners.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, KingOfHearts said:

Should a blind person be running a bakery? How is she building those gingerbread houses?

By feel? But then that means she's touching everything. Ew. Is there a year-round market for gingerbread houses, or are we finally getting a Christmas episode of this show? How long ago was Halloween in that world?

(edited)
42 minutes ago, Shanna Marie said:

How long ago was Halloween in that world?

"I'm not here to discuss timelines."

Beverly Elliott just confirmed on her Instagram that Granny is coming back for the finale. Maybe we can get one more witty line about her lasagna in. It's always been my headcanon that Regina stole her lasagna recipe from Granny so she'd have something to bake for Kurt/Owen. 

They really are focusing all the promo on the original characters/actors. At this point, they probably know they're not getting new viewers, and their best hope is hanging on to old viewers or getting old viewers back for the run to the finale.

My guess is that as we get closer to the finale, there will be less focus on the new characters and more on the originals. That might sound obvious, but I'm sure A&E are now wanting to do some damage control over the drop in ratings. 

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

Rogers and Weaver make a shocking discovery.

Given Weaver's intense expression looking at the gingerbread houses, she buys them pre-made from Amazon?

Sabine reconnects with an old friend whose plans could jeopardize her culinary dreams

Is Naveen coming in this episode?  Maybe he's broke and needs money so Sabine can't buy the latest fryer.

Tiana takes a trip through the bayou and has a surprising encounter

Could this be any more vague?  LOL.  Everything is surprising or shocking on this show, of course.

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, Camera One said:

Could this be any more vague?  LOL.  Everything is surprising or shocking on this show, of course.

Plot twist: She's been playing Pokemon Go and she's going to encounter a Pikachu.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Shanna Marie said:

Looks like we're getting Blind Witch 2.0, with all the gingerbread houses. Let me guess, her bakery is going to threaten the success of the food truck. Because gingerbread houses and beignets are in direct competition. 

I'm voting for gingerbread men launching a full armed assault against the food truck.

Let's also have Weaver and Rogers transformed via magic curse into gingerbread men.  Because really, the CGI for Pinocchio is just begging for a gingerbread spin.

If I really go with wish fulfillment,  I'd be perfectly ok with an entire episode where gingerbread Captain Hook and Rumpelstiltskin are trying to evade Regina and Zelena who are trying to catch them and restore them to humans before Henry comes across walking talking cookies, believes in the fairy tale, and dies.  Run, run fast as you can.  You can't catch me I'm the gingerbread man. 

Tiana takes a trip through the bayou and has a surprising encounter

I'm going with Rumple and its a play on alligator/crocodile.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

I'm voting for gingerbread men launching a full armed assault against the food truck.

I would watch the hell out of most of the wacky crack scenarios we've come up with on this board. They're all better then whatever crap A&E have cooked up.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

I'd be perfectly ok with an entire episode where gingerbread Captain Hook and Rumpelstiltskin

Angel did do an episode where he was basically a Muppet, and it was surprisingly entertaining (if I remember correctly during a time when the show was a bit off course - it was one of the better episodes during that stretch.)

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, CCTC said:

Angel did do an episode where he was basically a Muppet, and it was surprisingly entertaining (if I remember correctly during a time when the show was a bit off course - it was one of the better episodes during that stretch.)

Eureka's animated Christmas special was fun.

Overall, I just wish they'd have more fun with a fairy tale show.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ParadoxLost said:

I’d like to see that! That’s actually the plot of a very enjoyable “Nursery Crime” book by Jasper Fforde. 

(edited)
7 hours ago, KingOfHearts said:

Beverly Elliott just confirmed on her Instagram that Granny is coming back for the finale.

I think she's actually back for ep 7x20 which they are currently filming. That's the same one Jared is confirmed to appear in. According to A&E it's a big Regal Believer ep with flashbacks to mother of year Regina and Henry before he leaves SB. My hunch is that someone from HH (2017) will reach out to someone in SB 2017 with a warning or something.

It is interesting that they are showing SB in 7x20, then 7x21 is called "Homecoming" and I believe A&E have confirmed that they will return to Storybrooke for the finale (or did they just say they would return to Storybrooke at some point this season? If that's the case it may just be for 7x20). Anyway, I haven't been watching this season, but I'd be mildly interested if they return to SB - even if they just show OG Hook and some minor characters. 

Edited by Kktjones