Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E03: Pay Attention To Me!

• Start Topic

Dear god. Yolanda has such a low class attitude towards higher education. But then we must remember she herself is uneducated. She'd rather her daughters pursue a modeling "career" than spend 4 years learning something. First of all, modeling is a job that lasts MAYBE 10 years, so I 'd hardly call it a career. Secondly, the schools the girls are attending are not exactly bastions of higher learning. I doubt they offer many philosophy or calculus classes at Parsons, except as those subjects may relate to fashion/design. While I don't doubt that this type of schooling better prepares it's students for careers in design related fields, a lot of what college is about is spending those really awkward 4 years between 18 and 22 exploring ideas and varying fields of study. I don't know many college freshmen who knew exactly what they wanted to do with their lives down the line. Then again, Yolanda was not their mother.

• Love 5

In the future I think Kim should treat getting a pet with the same guidelines that AA puts on a new relationship. 1 solid year of sobriety. Learn to take care of yourself first (which I think Kim did very well until about 20, and I feel bad she had to, and hasn't done again since her first marriage). I don't think she means harm, but she is not ready for the responsibility of a pet. Maybe a plant. MAYBE. But something really low maintance like a succulent. No rose gardens for Kim! Not yet.

I agree. A cactus would be perfect. If she really insists on a pet, she should stick with a chia pet, or maybe a pet rock.

Edited by EVS
  • Love 7

Why Kyle?  She has a father who was in both those scenes and he was the one indulging her.  I still don't think Portia is a brat.  Nothing in the scene she was in (with the whole family last episode) was bratty and this week in the store, it was her father who was picking out clothes for her.  The Bravo edit monkeys were also at work again.  When Mauricio said do you like 'these', there was another response from Portia alone saying, 'Buy it."  That was a disconnect.  It would have been buy 'them'.  How is a child supposed to react when her father is obviously enjoying himself making his daughter happy.  In the end, she didn't get everything she wanted.  She didn't throw a fit or tantrum.  She just got a little sad like any child would do.

And for all we know Portia has outgrown some of her clothes a bit and is ready to refill her wardrobe. The fact it is happening in an expensive shop rather than Kohl's is just the lifestyle they lead. 

• Love 2

I don't know how much I believe that. At the end of the day, Lisa could refuse. I mean, what are they going to do? Fire her? 

Yeah, the whole "producers made me do it" bit is laughable coming from Lisa. Isn't this the same woman who proudly claimed that after the call out dinner in Puerto Rico, she and Ken checked out of their hotel and booked at another spot and dodged calls from production in the process? When it suits Lisa, she does what she wants.

She could have easily had someone else aside from Scheana at these RHOBH events last season, but Lisa loves drama as much as the next (though she'll put on her baby voice and claim otherwise. I swear, I imagine before she sends them off for publishing, Lisa re-reads each of her blogs aloud in her breathy, "I don't understand why" voice that she pulls in her THs) so she handpicked Scheana for these events last season. 

• Love 5

Here is my problem with Cedric's story. We now know that he lied, his story about his life was all lies. He has even backed off his attacks on Lisa and sided with her against Brandi last season, he tweeted that Brandi was lying. Brandi and Cedric were not friends before she joined the show and that is according to Brandi in her first book. The whole Cedric/Brandi friendship was nothing more than part of her storyline introduction to the viewers, same with her being a "friend/acquaintance" of Adrienne's before the show.

The e-mails about Cedric and Lisa for the SUR finale does not mean that Lisa really knew he was coming. We now know the producers have no problem telling 1 person 1 thing and not telling the other the same story. It is just as possible that producers told Lisa that Cedric was banned from coming to SUR that night while telling him and his agent the opposite, that would be par for the course with them to up the drama.

I do not think that Lisa cares all that much about Scheana beyond her friendship with Pandora, as a good/loyal employee at SUR and on the VR show. In comparison to the other SUR staff/actors, Scheana is mild, clean and a good employee both on and off camera.

The e-mails are from the show's producers -that also are the executive producers of her show. So I do think Lisa knew just as she knew Scheana would cause a dust up with Brandi.  Lisa did the same thing at her tea-why is Faye here (because she is on the production schedule), she did the same thing at her vow renewal-again with the why is someone here line, I believe Lisa is wise she wants to make a good storyline-I don't believe for one minute Lisa had an employee/girlfriend of Pandora's go on Access Hollywood and her know nothing about it.  I don't care how many employees she has-Lisa is industry wise. Not knowing who Eddie Cibrian is-I would not have recognized the name but I did recognize the face.  She and Brandi can't speak to what a D-list actor he is when you look at his IMDB-he has been on popular shows and even starred in one Lisa claims to be a part of.  Even if one had never listened to country music most people recognize the name LeAnn Rimes-Scheana's interview was in context of LeAnn Rimes-let's face it no one cared about Brandi or Eddie at that point.

I for one am appalled how Lisa repeatedly goes on national TV and speaks about her wait staff.  Saying things such as -she doesn't like so and so, another means nothing to her.  Of course if it is Jax she will have him over to the house and disrobe for the guests.  To me it really is none of Brandi's business who Lisa wants to be friends with or feature on her show.  Brandi used Sheana to get to LeAnn just as she used Kim (and her high jinx) to get to JR's new girlfriend this season-how else could she work in she was still making out with JR? And why she wrote in her book she and Eddie were still getting it on when he had moved on to LeAnn.  Brandi is going to always take the opportunity to crap all over an exes new relationship-just because she wants the world to think she is so damn irresistible. For someone who finds cheating so appalling I question her umbrage at others' behavior.

Let's face it Brandi and her agent, he or she used every effort to get the attention of the RHOBH producers.  In Lisa's most recent blog she had this say, "She (Brandi) had been challenged financially and was only too aware of the benefits of being included in this group of women could entail."  So between hitting her friendship with Geneva Wasserman-Adrienne business associate at the time and playing the Cedric is my long lost friend card-Brandi was positioning herself for a place on the show.  I see a game of chicken taking place between Lisa and Brandi presently, their secrets are only as safe as their egos will allow.  Once Brandi moves on from her Bravo contract she will test the contract's confidentiality boundaries and begin to spill but at this point how many accounts is she going to give?

• Love 4

In the future I think Kim should treat getting a pet with the same guidelines that AA puts on a new relationship. 1 solid year of sobriety. Learn to take care of yourself first

True but as we have seen Kim follows none of the other guidelines from AA so why would she?  She had elective surgery right after rehab (nose job) and we've seen she doesn't shy away from prescription meds in Paris. And color me concerned about her access to Monty's meds.

I can't speak to what Lisa knew or when she knew it, what I know is that Scheana and Eddie's affair was a long freaking time ago. Brandi agreed to the meeting according to her own blog. Brandi was not expected to socialize with Scheana at any event Scheana was there as a server, I imagine ol'Brand has ignored many a server.  I don't see what Lisa has to apologize for, this storyline was a freaking gift to ol'Brand. She's got nothing else.

• Love 2

Brandi was not expected to socialize with Scheana at any event Scheana was there as a server, I imagine ol'Brand has ignored many a server.  I don't see what Lisa has to apologize for, this storyline was a freaking gift to ol'Brand. She's got nothing else.

Except Lisa prodded Brandi to go over and congratulate Scheanna on her engagement at the event held at Lisa's own home.

• Love 5

Except Lisa prodded Brandi to go over and congratulate Scheanna on her engagement at the event held at Lisa's own home.

Brandi is such a wallflower she couldn't say no? She says in blog she agreed to it. Not that she is known to tell the truth but still, she is not a wilting flower incapable of standing up for herself and she wasn't shy and never has been. She just needs any excuse to be a victim.

• Love 5

Kim didn't go out and get Kingsley on her own.  One of her daughters got the dog and left it with Kim when she moved out.  That said, the dog is better off somewhere else and Kim is better off with a turtle.  I do think Kim needs to take care of people/animals so hopefully having Monty around fills that need and helps to keep her sober.

Two important subplots that seem to have been missed here.

The sisters coming together for Kim's daughter dress shopping.  The sad revelation that her ex husband is in the advance stages of cancer.  Kyle's comment that it's often forgotten that Kim can be incredibly strong.

Yolanda's struggle being far away as her mother battles uterian cancer.  Yolanda's priority does seem to be her husband and family.  I do not think she blatantly favors Gigi and ignores Bella.  She also made the point that Mohammed expects all their children to go to college.

Also we got to hear both Lisa R and Kyle tell tales of their youth and how they met their husbands.  Thankfully Vicki G wasn't there from RHoOC to snooze all over them.

• Love 7

Lola16--Thanks for the reminder as to how Kim ended up with Kingsley.

You know you're done with certain storylines (Brandi vs Lisa over Scheanna, Kyle vs Lisa over who can remember what, etc.) when you find yourself caring much, much more about what happened to the pitt bull.  Kim should never have been allowed to have that dog.  She's got a weird animal fetish thing going on -- maybe because having one around takes her back to her Disney glory days -- but a person who can't really take care of herself is certainly not going to be able to deal with a dog, any dog.

Her constant need to be fawning over others is an indication to me that she's knee deep in her old, persistent troubles.  Living with herself, being comfy in her own skin, seems to be beyond her.  For all of her talk about finding herself and being at peace, I never get that she's really at that place.  It sounds like the kind of program talk that's meant to placate and deflect.  She seems not to know herself at all -- really sad to watch.  And also, at this stage, deadly dull.

If Kim is the price we have to pay for having Kyle around, I'd be okay with letting them both go. 

• Love 4

The e-mails are from the show's producers -that also are the executive producers of her show. So I do think Lisa knew just as she knew Scheana would cause a dust up with Brandi.  Lisa did the same thing at her tea-why is Faye here (because she is on the production schedule), she did the same thing at her vow renewal-again with the why is someone here line, I believe Lisa is wise she wants to make a good storyline-I don't believe for one minute Lisa had an employee/girlfriend of Pandora's go on Access Hollywood and her know nothing about it.  I don't care how many employees she has-Lisa is industry wise. Not knowing who Eddie Cibrian is-I would not have recognized the name but I did recognize the face.  She and Brandi can't speak to what a D-list actor he is when you look at his IMDB-he has been on popular shows and even starred in one Lisa claims to be a part of.  Even if one had never listened to country music most people recognize the name LeAnn Rimes-Scheana's interview was in context of LeAnn Rimes-let's face it no one cared about Brandi or Eddie at that point.

I for one am appalled how Lisa repeatedly goes on national TV and speaks about her wait staff.  Saying things such as -she doesn't like so and so, another means nothing to her.  Of course if it is Jax she will have him over to the house and disrobe for the guests.  To me it really is none of Brandi's business who Lisa wants to be friends with or feature on her show.  Brandi used Sheana to get to LeAnn just as she used Kim (and her high jinx) to get to JR's new girlfriend this season-how else could she work in she was still making out with JR? And why she wrote in her book she and Eddie were still getting it on when he had moved on to LeAnn.  Brandi is going to always take the opportunity to crap all over an exes new relationship-just because she wants the world to think she is so damn irresistible. For someone who finds cheating so appalling I question her umbrage at others' behavior.

Let's face it Brandi and her agent, he or she used every effort to get the attention of the RHOBH producers.  In Lisa's most recent blog she had this say, "She (Brandi) had been challenged financially and was only too aware of the benefits of being included in this group of women could entail."  So between hitting her friendship with Geneva Wasserman-Adrienne business associate at the time and playing the Cedric is my long lost friend card-Brandi was positioning herself for a place on the show.  I see a game of chicken taking place between Lisa and Brandi presently, their secrets are only as safe as their egos will allow.  Once Brandi moves on from her Bravo contract she will test the contract's confidentiality boundaries and begin to spill but at this point how many accounts is she going to give?

Just because the producers tell 1 HW what or who to expect at any given event does not mean they tell all of them, in fact telling all of them would be counter productive in increasing the drama, which is what these producers bank on. I do think she told the producers she would prefer Faye not come to her vow renewal but the producers did the exact opposite. Does that mean Lisa is an innocent victim, certainly not, but neither are any of the HWs.

I do think she knew Scheana dated a married man but I do not buy into the idea that she knew it was Brandi's ex for a couple of reasons. 1. Brandi uses her maiden name, Glandville and not Cibrian. 2. There are way too many men/actors in LA that cheat on their wives to figure out or even remember who slept with who. I do not think Lisa knew who Brandi was before she joined the show but did find out after. There was no Cedric - Brandi friendship nor any Adrienne - Brandi friendship before Brandi joined the show. I think Brandi told Lisa all about her life, in detail, 2 years ago and that is how Lisa knows Brandi's financial problems in the past, before she joined the show. I do not think Lisa confided in Brandi though, Lisa is too smart to do that other wise Brandi would have spilled the beans last season.

Lisa talking about her VR staff in interviews like she does is keeping with the show. She is sticking to the scrip/storyline. If she wants to keep that show going, she must play along and I have no doubts that the cast/wait staff realize this as well. They all want their paychecks. LOL

Yes, Lisa is smart and plays along with the set storyline the producers dream up, as do they all, that Lisa is smarter and quicker on her feet than the others is in her favor as far as I am concerned.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 3

Brandi is such a wallflower she couldn't say no? She says in blog she agreed to it. Not that she is known to tell the truth but still, she is not a wilting flower incapable of standing up for herself and she wasn't shy and never has been. She just needs any excuse to be a victim.

I don't think Brandi is a wallflower and can't say no for herself, but I don't think that makes it any better of Lisa to ask her bff to go socialize with her ex-husband's mistress.

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 5

I have to disagree with that.  I think Kyle and Mauricio would keep Portia off the show if they really cared about her being grounded instead of deliberately planning a shopping spree scene featuring Portia.

Portia's not on the show that often, IMO.

My point is that if Kyle and Mauricio were truly concerned about raising Portia to be grounded, she would not be on the show and they would not agree to cameras filming their shopping spree.  They'd show Kyle having a shopping spree instead.

I'm not understanding why the presence of a camera crew would add to level of spoiledness or detract from how "grounded" she is.

I feel like if you're going to take your daughter to a high-end boutique, don't claim that you want your child to learn the value of a dollar.  Truly if Kyle wants Portia to learn the value of a dollar, she needs to give her a few chores and a small allowance.  That's the best way to teach her.  JMO.

We don't know that they don't do these things. And if they do, it's kind of farfetched to suggest that a six-year-old's allowance would cover the cost of a few outfits even at Target; if it did, it would be more fuel for the "Portia is spoiled by Kyle" fire. While I agree that Portia herself probably would be fine whether at Target or a fancy boutique, I suspect she's a bit young to actually apply this "value of a dollar" thing to the amount of dollars that a shirt costs at either place as opposed to just understanding that you don't simply walk in to a store and take the things you want. I seriously doubt that she knows the difference between a high-end shop and, say, a Marshall's.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 2
Her constant need to be fawning over others is an indication to me that she's knee deep in her old, persistent troubles.  Living with herself, being comfy in her own skin, seems to be beyond her.  For all of her talk about finding herself and being at peace, I never get that she's really at that place.  It sounds like the kind of program talk that's meant to placate and deflect.  She seems not to know herself at all -- really sad to watch.  And also, at this stage, deadly dull.

I suspect this is going to an extremely depressing place & I'm not sure how the producers can avoid it, but I want to see where this goes, with Kim taking care of Monty.  She may be doing this cuz she has nothing else in her life & it gives her something to do (in her life and/or for the show) -- or she might be doing this cuz her heart is in the right place & wants to do whatever she can to help Monty.  Right now, I'd like to see how this develops.

If Kim is the price we have to pay for having Kyle around, I'd be okay with letting them both go.

Nope, never gonna happen.  Kyle is gonna be on this show as long as it lasts.  She'd have to do something extremely stupid to get kicked off.  And that just won't happen.  She's waited 40 years to get this opportunity & there's no way in hell fame-hungry Kyle is ever gonna let it go.  And Andy digs her.  Plus, Mauricio's position as THE realtor in town to the stars, pretty much cements their position on the show forever.  It may hurt to hear Kyle is gonna be on this thing forever, but dat's just the way it is.

Now Kim, OTOH, she's another story.  She's unpredictable.  She may want to be on the show, but if she has a meltdown or goes back on the bottle, they may be forced to get rid of her -- at least for a little while.  Look, they clearly want her on the show.  The producers go to great lengths to create some kind of storyline for her.  Even if she did have some kind of meltdown, I think they'd only get rid of her temporarily & bring her back again.  Meltdowns are not grounds for being kicked off a Housewives show.  Look at Kelly Bensimon.  Yup, I think we're stuck with Kim too.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 2
But Mo is still a real-a-tor -- a poor working shnook/slob like the rest of us.  He didn't turn into a billionaire.  You 2 were just flyin' by a time share, which any of us poor slobs could do if we save enough of our pennies, nickels & dimes.  Sorry, not especially impressive to me.  But the way Yo was flyin' to Euro?  Goodness, dat's a vision (to me) of how the supremely rich live.  And M&K's on camera boasting seemed silly in comparison.

I didn't see where they were comparing their situation to Yolanda's plane--or pretending it was their plane, for that matter (not that I care). Also, the part about working dude saving his pennies for nice shit was kind of exactly the point, no? I work hard too and earn a pretty decent salary and there's no way in hell I can charter a plane, no matter how much I put aside--that notion is pure insanity! So, not that I have feelings about this one way or the other, while Yo's plane setup was crazy-posh, Kyle & Mauricio's is pretty damn cool too, in my opinion. And I saw no one (on the show at least) having a dick-measuring contest over their respective planes--or trying to pretend that hard work wasn't the reason these luxuries could be had.

Sorry, but this logo stuff was NOT obvious AT ALL.  Certainly not to those who know nothing about chartering or leasing jets.  And so what, if the logo of the company was flashed?  I would have absolutely no idea what that means.  So would most of the audience.  Maybe you understood it.  Does that mean everyone in the audience understood what it meant -- as you did?  Doubt it.

Maybe not…much in the same way it wasn't as clear to everyone in the audience as it was to you that Kyle was claiming dat was her plane. And while I know nothing of leasing jets, I think I--like many people who have watched TV before--can put together that a flashed logo = advertising/product placement, which is far from a new thing.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 5

ScoobieDoobs -- What can I say, Scoobie?  When you're right, you're right!

I always need to blow off my Kim steam because I feel so uncomfortable watching her most of the time.  This latest business of running around in costume with Brandi chasing the boyfriend who really isn't was so creepy and sad to watch.  I feel bad for her and she depresses me.  

But, again, I can't really argue -- and won't -- with anything you said. 

Edited by copacabana
  • Love 2
I didn't see where they were comparing their situation to Yolanda's plane--or pretending it was their plane, for that matter (not that I care). Also, the part about working dude saving his pennies for nice shit was kind of exactly the point, no?

Oh, they aren't comparing them at all.  But they are both shown on the same ep.  So it's easy as a viewer to make comparisons -- well, it was for me anyway.  The rest -- snark reminder?  Just me being a wee bit silly.  Er, it is still allowed here?  :)

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 2

Of course it is. Hey, man--all I know is that I'd like chance to go somewhere not in coach! I don't require a king-size bed but I'd like to actually feel like I can fit in a seat (and I say that as a 5'4" / 118 pound lady, who just does not get how anyone larger than I am can be comfortable on a damn plane!).

• Love 2
And I saw no one (on the show at least) having a dick-measuring contest over their respective planes--or trying to pretend that hard work wasn't the reason these luxuries could be had.

This makes me think bout how that town is ALL about comparing one's possessions -- particularly houses.  Maybe cars & planes as well, but I'd say their houses must be such a point of focus there.  Maybe it's why Mauricio's position in that town & the show is so important.  In terms of houses, I've never been much impressed by Kyle's.  She's got what looks like a good amount of land in a good location, but the house itself -- I mean the size, the style & the decor looks very ho-hum to me.  I mean it's nice, but Rinna, Pump & Yo have what look like nicer ones to me -- altho maybe of similar value.  So far, Mo's house is the only one that's made me go WOW.

Wonder what Eileen's place is like.  I would bet it's on the same level as the others, but I'm curious to see.  Anyhoo, I wouldn't mind seeing Mauricio showing off some billionaires' places he's trying to unload cuz nobody on this show lives like dat -- except for Mo.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 3

Actually, yes--good point on that. I do think the whole landscape of the show/BH itself could be viewed as such. I meant in the specific situation we were watching; I should have clarified that, considering the lifestyle landscape that pretty much launched the idea for the show.

• Love 2

I don't think Brandi is a wallflower and can't say no for herself, but I don't think that makes it any better of Lisa to ask her bff to go socialize with her ex-husband's mistress.

I disagree. When Brandi had her sit down with Scheana, Brandi came out of that with a whole new set of fans! Her fan base jumped higher because she looked and acted like a grown adult/mature woman who was leaving a painful past behind her and more viewers cheered for her than not. When Lisa asked Brandi to say something nice to Scheana at the BP, IMO, Lisa knew Brandi's behavior that season was questionable at best and acting like the bigger/better person would help Brandi once again. Brandi failed to see the bigger picture because in fact she is not a mature woman and the nasty side that seems to run her life was out and in control.

• Love 5

Kyle doesn't want Portia to be a spoiled brat but they spent $564.62 at the kids clothing store? Okaaaay.

Oh look Yo has another daughter. Gigi gets so much attention I always felt sorry for Bella. I was glad to see Yo interacting with her.

I wouldn't make up with Brandi either if I was Lisa. Brandi really threw Lisa under the bus last season.

I did a WTF, $564.62?  Didn't she only get a few things?  

And I feel sorry for Bella.  Yolanda's made it clear that Gigi = Yo b/c she does the most important thing ever:  MODELING!  And then she tells the much less attractive daughter Bella that she can do "some modeling."  Then talks about how Bella, despite not being a model, is "cool."  She purposefully is choosing a much different path than Gigi.  She doesn't want to be Gigi.  Sounds to me like Bella is wise enough to know she can't compete with her mom's love for Gigi's modeling so she'll tell her mom that this is purposefully so *maybe* her mom will think she's just some fucking rebel.

• Love 5

For better or worse, they seem to abandoned the formula.  It bores me, mainly because I find less to snark about in post show commentary.  Out of boredom, I find myself wondering what the heck is going on behind the scenes that drove them to abandon the formula.

Did Eileen Davidson get signed after filming started?  Is that why she has had under five minutes of screen time three episodes in?

What kind of concessions did Lisa Rinna get in her contract to sign on and have Harry Hamlin make appearances?  Whether housewives know each other or are getting along has never stopped them from inviting most of them to a staged dinner party before. Is Lisa R's birthday dinner the first not to end in shouting?

As an aside....  Lisa R and Harry make me giggle; but I can't tell if they are doing it on purpose.  Last week Lisa R kind of mocked Yolanda's 'King" shtick.  This week Harry tells Lisa V that Pump reminds him of a club from the 70's/80's, albeit a popular one.  I don't think Lisa V was going for retro.

Its really weird that everyone is filming in groups of one or two.  Aren't there usually more staged group functions by now?

Lisa V and Brandi remind me of The Good Wife where two of the lead actresses no longer share a scenes together and all interaction between the characters happens on the phone.  The showrunners have never explained it, but speculation is that one party refuses to film opposite the other.

Brandi calling Lisa V was so scripted that I suspect they were literally reading a script and not actually talking on the phone to each other.  Because yes, Brandi just happened to spontaneously call Lisa while both sides of the conversation were being filmed.  And yes, Brandi's phone just happened to cut out so she had to use Kyle's so that Lisa V could have some conflict/storyline that didn't require Brandi's presence.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • Love 5

Kim is a classic co-dependent.

http://www.mentalhealthamerica.net/co-dependency

Characteristics of Co-dependent People Are:

An exaggerated sense of responsibility for the actions of others
A tendency to confuse love and pity, with the tendency to “love” people they can pity and rescue
A tendency to do more than their share, all of the time
A tendency to become hurt when people don’t recognize their efforts
An unhealthy dependence on relationships. The co-dependent will do anything to hold on to a relationship; to avoid the feeling of abandonment
An extreme need for approval and recognition
A sense of guilt when asserting themselves
A compelling need to control others
Lack of trust in self and/or others
Fear of being abandoned or alone
Difficulty identifying feelings
Rigidity/difficulty adjusting to change
Problems with intimacy/boundaries
Chronic anger

• Love 4

But she seems to have a long-term happy marriage & her daughters seem nice & well-adjusted, so that says a lot positive bout her right there.

Same with Kyle.  Ain't dat the truth?   

• Love 3

So what would you say to someone who says to you -- "You're really not wearing that, are you?"  Bad enough for your mother to say dat shit to ya -- but a sister or aunt?  Um, no.  Anyhoo, come back little Kathy, come back.  You'll be oodles of fun to snark on.

The funniest thing to me is she did the "You're really not wearing that, are you?" while wearing the tackiest leopard skin grandma top I've ever seen.

• Love 4

I did a WTF, $564.62?  Didn't she only get a few things?  

Someone here said they spotted one of the other daughters in the store so perhaps she got a few goodies, too. 

But the little ruffled bikini that Portia and Kyle loved?  My niece got a similar style when she was about 7 from a fancy Bev Hills children's boo-teek and it was $129.  Granted it came with a little cover up and maybe Portia's did, too, but with tax, there goes almost 1/4 of that $564.

• Love 2

I think you are right that Bravo showed us the two planes in the same episode to remind us that Yo and David are still on another level than Mauricio and Kyle.  And while rich and making probably a ton of money, Mauricio and Kyle still have to work for/depend on the others for their livelihood.  For that reason, Kyle can really only be mean/make permanent enemies only of those who can be of no real estate use to Mauricio.

• Love 4
But she seems to have a long-term happy marriage & her daughters seem nice & well-adjusted, so that says a lot positive bout her right there.

Same with Kyle.  Ain't dat the truth?

No, not really.  I mean yeah, Kyle also has a long time marriage & nice kids like Rinna, but Idk, it seems diff with Kyle.  She always seems like such a phony baloney, fame-ho camera hog.  Oh sheesh, maybe Rinna has those tendencies too, but she doesn't turn me off & make me nuts the way Kyle does.  I started out the season indifferent to Kyle & now I'm back to hating her guts once again.  Why is it she always fuckin' does this to me?

• Love 2

jinjer -- I get your point about the private planes and do agree that the contrast was deliberate, Bravo style, but I do think that, were she not famewhoring her way into our hearts, Kyle, Inc. has more than enough in the way of resources at this point to tell anyone to get lost.  I continue to believe, and I could be totally wrong, that by the time this franchise is over, Mauricio will be near the top of the pile in terms of cashish. I think that both Kyle and Mauricio have been smart about underplaying their bank accounts. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the VanderTodds and the Fosters have been living well beyond their means. 

And there's always a trade-off, isn't there?  The Umansky plane is smaller and seems to be a time share and Mauricio did seem a bit weary of Kyle's fretting while they are getting ready to leave -- with gratuitous shots of Portia acting like a possible little brat --  but nothing to  really compare with the utter fakery and obvious staging of the sexy black lingerie+return of the roast chicken dinner that the Fosters treated us to. As far as these two couples are concerned, so far Bravo has been judicious in balancing them out.  And we're about to head into Bella's travails.  

The Bravo editors always try to play it both ways -- money and what it brings are chi chi chi and this is BH, darling, but of course too much of it can bring heartache ... so cue fake wedded bliss scenes, messy divorces, unruly children, etc etc. 

Brandi and Kim can't really bring any of the real tension because they exist only in the realm of not so much, not enough, and serious dog ownership issues.  They are both there to stir up the trouble and ensure the mayhem because that's pretty much all they have to offer.

Rinna and Eileen are still new to the canvas.  And are professional actresses in a way that offers them some teflon protection.  The benefit of having real actresses on board is that most viewers, myself included, will never really believe that they are doing anything other than performing for the benefit of the show.  I think that Lisa R. and Eileen were both told well in advance that Lisa would be sucking up to Eileen until further notice.  

BossaNova -- I so agree that Kim is a classic co-dependent and a classic addict on top of that.  The first condition serves to hide the carrying out of the second.  I came of age, well, more than of age, when the co-dependency thing became big in 12-step programs all over the country.  Any of the traits listed, in moderation, make for a good person so it can be tricky to recognize the limits but, with Kim, what I always sense is that she's pretending almost all the time -- Specifically, pretending not to be as angry as she is about how her life has turned out and her part in it.  The moments she seems most genuine are when she loses control and the mask slips.  When she's accusing Kyle and Mo of stealing her house, telling Ken to shut up because he's an old man and she's sick of him, when she's bitching at others as she was towards Brandi at Dana's party--that's when I feel like I'm seeing her.  Owning her anger in a real and grown-up way would do so much to set her on track.  Being able to dissect just why it is that she's as messed up and enraged as she is might save her life too -- but for that she'd need some really serious professional help.-- not just Bravo time. 

• Love 4

You know, snarky bitch that I am and I love some shade and spilled tea and all that jazz, I was jaw-dropping mortified when she outed Jax's coke habit on WWHL.

I know she loves to get in there and stir the shit with her bare hands to make these puppets dance on their strings for her, but I really thought that was going way below the belt.  

Sure, we all have our suspicions about substance use along with the alcohol overindulgence with these chucklefucks on VPR, but Lisa in no way had to confirm that shit.  Even devil incarnate Andy looked shocked when she went there.

Lisa's no better than the rest of these women across all franchises.  She just does it with a British accent while wearing pink.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 7

Lisa is a classic ice queen pretending to be a tea and crumpets Mum type and is capable of being a singular witch.  The way she uses her obviously challenged SUR staff is really, really gross.  She's gained in exposure for her crap restaurants but lost in some real ways too.  Loss of credibility for sure.  And color me shocked to find out that Lisa and Todd hadn't both tooted quite a bit of whatever back in the day.  Maybe not so far back either. 

• Love 3
Lisa's no better than the rest of these women across all franchises.  She does it with a British accent while wearing pink.

And she used to hold up Giggy all da time while doing her usual bullshit.  But she don't do dat anymore.  Wonder why.

But the little ruffled bikini that Portia and Kyle loved?  My niece got a similar style when she was about 7 from a fancy Bev Hills children's boo-teek and it was $129.  Granted it came with a little cover up and maybe Portia's did, too, but with tax, there goes almost 1/4 of that $564.

Well, look, for a lot of even middle class women, spending that amount at a clip is no biggie.  Sure, spending that much on a 6 year old is a bit eye-popping -- knowing she's gonna grow out of it probably in a few months.  Still, it didn't especially register as such a big deal to me.  

I'll tell ya, the shopping moment I'll never forget was when Paris went into the BH Dior store, years ago when she was in her first reality show with Nicole, & casually picked out a bunch of bags at 4 or 5 thou a piece.  She musta dropped a total of 50 thou in a few minutes like it was nothing.  I'm not seeing M&K doing anything like dat.  Now if Mauricio rang up a bill of 10 or 20 thou on the kid, that woulda gotten my attention.  500?  Not so much.

Someone posted a link to Kyle and her many bags.  This gal has a shit-ton of very expensive bags.  Yes, they're all fugly as hell cuz she's got such shitty-ass taste -- well, except for that old lady Chanel bag she drags around all the time.  But they're all quite expensive.  So while Kyle might insist to us she wants to limit the spending on Portia, she seems perfectly OK spending on herself.  Now, I'm not making any judgement on how Kyle spends money.  Dat's her business.  I just think she's bullshiting us & being a phony baloney yet again.  She probably spends plenty on Portia.  I'm sure Ms. Phony Baloney wants the kid to look as good as the neighbors' kids.  And she'll certainly spend what she has to -- to keep up appearances.  Cuz appearances are EVERYTHING to huh.

Still, I think Kyle is a good mom & I believe she is keeping a watchful eye on Portia so she doesn't turn into a terror.  But this stuff we saw was a planned performance for the cameras. 

I think that both Kyle and Mauricio have been smart about underplaying their bank accounts. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the VanderTodds and the Fosters have been living well beyond their means.

I'm not so sure bout M&K inderplaying.  Mauricio's a clever guy.  He's taking the route to great success in measured steps.  He went pretty much as far as he could go as realtor & now he's opened up his own agency.  I suspect he's not gonna stop there.  The next step is to become a real estate investor & developer.  That is when he'll really become mega wealthy.  He's still developing his agency, so he's probably not gonna do that yet.  But I see this in his future.  I think their financial status is continuing to grow, so they may not necessarily be understating their financial position.

Have no idea what's goin' on with the TV's or the Fosters.  The financial position of both couples seem very murky to me.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 1

Dear god. Yolanda has such a low class attitude towards higher education.

Well, I'm not sure I would put it quite that way.  But she grew up (it sounds like) really struggling to get by.  So I get why money is so important to her.  She knows from her own experience, the time to make it as a model is from 16 to 24.  The peak years for models to make the big bucks are the ages Bella & Gigi are right now.  I think her attitude about education comes from her own lack of education.  And that she was able to succeed as a model & then marry rich.  So she was able to (in her mind) get by quite nicely without higher education.  

Do I agree with her attitude bout higher education?  Not in the least.  At least for the girls' sake, Mo is pushing hard for them to go to school.  Yo thinks thinks they can just easily go at a later time in their lives, but she's dismissing the fact that it can be much harder to do than when you're younger.  And she's not taking into account what you miss by not experiencing college as a young person.  Besides, taking on such heavy pressure & responsibility (of being a working model) at such a young age, is not something everyone can do.

The funniest thing to me is she did the "You're really not wearing that, are you?" while wearing the tackiest leopard skin grandma top I've ever seen.

I still can't get past how horribly Kathy's blouse fit her, when she was busy telling poor Brooke how crappy she looked.  Kathy's blouse was pulling all over the front & she was partly exposing herself. WTF?  Did she want to expose herself on camera?  Ah, so now we know where Paris gets her shtick from, eh?

Man, I wish she'd say dat line to Nene & see what response she'd get.  Crossover, please, Andy?

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 3

I think with Yo her attitude toward higher ed is a combination of having grown up in a different system and personal apathy about education. I absolutely do agree that Yo views education as a means to an end instead of an end in its own right. I think to Yo you go to college to make money so if the girls can make money modeling then why bother? However, I think part of it is growing up in Europe. Not all countries treat university as a fall back for wealthy young adults. There are often other well respected options such as apprenticeships and trade education that aren't as prevelant among upperclass Americans.

• Love 4

I wonder about the Vanderpump/Todd's wealth too.  I think David Foster may have a lot of $.  They are always jetting all over the place, and I think there is a lot of $ to be made in the music industry with producing and writing.  Unless they are huge spenders.

I think the Umanskys probably have a ton of money.  Way more than any of us. :)  But I wonder how much Maurice invested into the Agency.  And I wonder if he is into real estate development in Mexico?  He now gets a cut of every home that his realtors sell as well as the homes he sells himself (if he really does that end still).

I know Ken Todd's son apparently developed a lot of commercial properties in London in like Nottinghill or that area Carole Radizwell was the only RHNYC allowed to have stories about having living there. ;)  I wonder if Ken invested in real estate in London.  Real estate baby!  Seems to be the way!  But I just don't see mediocre restaurants in BH and Weho as sustaining Lisa and Ken's lifestyle.

• Love 2

I wonder about the Vanderpump/Todd's wealth too.  I think David Foster may have a lot of $.  They are always jetting all over the place, and I think there is a lot of $ to be made in the music industry with producing and writing.  Unless they are huge spenders.

I think the Umanskys probably have a ton of money.  Way more than any of us. :)  But I wonder how much Maurice invested into the Agency.  And I wonder if he is into real estate development in Mexico?  He now gets a cut of every home that his realtors sell as well as the homes he sells himself (if he really does that end still).

I know Ken Todd's son apparently developed a lot of commercial properties in London in like Nottinghill or that area Carole Radizwell was the only RHNYC allowed to have stories about having living there. ;)  I wonder if Ken invested in real estate in London.  Real estate baby!  Seems to be the way!  But I just don't see mediocre restaurants in BH and Weho as sustaining Lisa and Ken's lifestyle.

Ken was on E! and said they have to keep working because they spend.  I don't think Lisa and Ken make much of an income off the restaurants-under oath they claimed that Villa Blanca was only worth $85,000.00, they are in a partnership with SUR and PUMP has been pretty much a money pit.  They did make $4 million on the sale of the Beverly Park home and only paid $10 million for their present home.  Their big moneymaker these days seems to be Vanderpump Rules and it didn't even show up in last weeks top 100 cable shows for Monday night.  Ken and Lisa sold their group of restaurants in the UK for 10 million pounds several years ago-that can go a long ways.  If Vanderpump Rules gets cancelled we may see Ken and Lisa moving to Montecito.  They now have vodka and Sangria lines that apparently Pandora and her husband run.  Vanderpump/Todd are about $2 million down in a lawsuit with others waiting in the wings.  I do think Lisa and Ken are experienced club/restaurant owners but I don't think they are having the same run in the US as they did in the UK. 

I do think Ken, in past years has been envious and has disparaged Mauricio because Mauricio is making money and Ken is paying out on lawsuits and dumping money into new venues.  My suggestion to the Vanderpump/Todds work on the menu and back off the tourist trap stuff.  To me the VT's have too much wrapped up in the show fame-just my opinion.  When I read the deal on Tuesday nights at PUMP are a  meet and greet with Giggy with free appetizers and $10 drinks I  kind of scratch my head.

• Love 5

I agree. It really bothered me that no on spoke up, in defense of Brooke. I love my sisters dearly, but if any of them spoke that way to my daughter while she was trying on wedding dresses, she would have been shut the hell down. Not only was she rude to the bride-to-be, but the owner of the shop as well. I guess maybe Kathy is so awful, her sisters knew that saying anything would just make it worse? 

I felt bad for Brooke.  But I also felt for her sisters and Kim.  I don't think they were unwilling to defend Brooke, I think that they're just that intimidated by Kathy.  She is a raging nasty bitch.  She has her hand on the throats of her sisters and their kids.  Clearly Little Kathy took over Big Kathy's role of demoralizing and intimidating the family.  Ironically, Kathy has absolutely no control over her own children.  In fact, she did not even attempt any control.  Paris and Nicky have been out partying since they were very young.  The Hilton money is probably part of her power, but Kim's two middle kids come from extreme wealth, and perhaps Brooke does, too. 

As much as this extended family loves each other, the family dynamics are completely fucked up.  I do give Kim and Kyle credit for how their children have turned out.  Numerous times they've publically defended Paris and Nicky, but behind the scenes, I hope they use those two as what NOT to be to their children.  Kathy's daughters are minimally educated.  Kyle's oldest and at least one of Kim's kids are college educated.  They don't have sex tapes out, no DUIs, no redemption tours which include prominently dragging an unused bible around, and stupidly being unable to repeat one - just one - bible story that you like to Larry King.

Not much to say about Lisa.  I saw through her act quite a while ago.  She knows how this show works and she knows how to work it.  The others should simply return to kissing her ass.  They'll never catch her showing her ass.  I can barely stand looking at Ken anymore.  I was very relieved to see that Giggy can actually walk.   I figured his legs were so atrophied by being carried around like a prop, that he couldn't bear his own weight.

I've long noticed Yolanda's apparent preference for Gigi, but I was absolutely shocked by how open she was about it.  She controlled every little thing that Gigi did, but seventeen year old Bella's allowed to roam without question, interest, or concern.  All I have to say is at least the housekeeper cares about Bella.  She's probably the one who bailed her out of jail.

• Love 9
Now, I'm not making any judgement on how Kyle spends money.  Dat's her business.  I just think she's bullshiting us & being a phony baloney yet again.  She probably spends plenty on Portia.  I'm sure Ms. Phony Baloney wants the kid to look as good as the neighbors' kids.  And she'll certainly spend what she has to -- to keep up appearances.  Cuz appearances are EVERYTHING to huh.

Those two things don't contradict each other. She can spend plenty on Portia and still keep Portia from thinking she can have everything. Her alleged goal isn't to make Portia look worse than anybody else's kids, just make it clear that Mom and Dad decide what she can have.

• Love 4

Why does she [Kathy Hilton]  and Candi Spelling remind me of each other?  lol

Um.... Social climber, poor mother, inflated self-importance, signed off parenting duties to others, stingy with her wealth.  I could go on.

Guess I'm the only one who thought that lunch with Rinna & ED had such a weird phony fake vibe.  These 2 don't know each other at all, do they?  Maybe they might have met for a brief moment or 2, but they clearly don't know each other.  Rinna seemed completely terrified of her.  And ED was lookin' her nose down at Rinna as if she were thinkin, "Must I really be tawkin' to this no-talent nobody."  

Um, sure, they are both actresses, so yeah, on the very very very tippy-top of the surface, it seemed all happy happy, but I wasn't gettin' that vibe in the least -- of what was really goin' on between those 2 at that lunch.

I don't know what to think of ED.  I've never watched her in anything except an episode of The Dog Whisperer.  On that episode, she came off flighty and I wasn't impressed with her husband.  I much prefer LR, but ED may just be more reserved.  Ironically, I'm reserved with people initially, but don't appreciate that trait in others.

What the hell is she afraid of with Portia? She's raised a rich kid before and she turned out fine.

Have you seen the picture of Kathy and Rich picking up Paris in jail?  Paris is the epitome of spoiled, privileged, entitled rich kid.

Anyway, regarding Kingsley...from what I've read, the attacks all happened under similar circumstances, which were basically that Kingsley was in a room alone or with just Kim and the addition of another person made him protective/territorial which resulted in the bites. I can't imagine living in a more neurotic environment than one with Kim "I love turtles! And squirrels!" Richards as your only social outlet, and I think the dog took on major anxiety and became a very insecure and therefore dangerous pack leader within the home. Kim unintentionally but still irresponsibly encouraged him every step of the way. He never mauled his victims...which I know sounds stupid, like "It's not that bad, he didn't rip their face off or anything"...but it seems significant IMO that he'd bite one time, usually on the hand, and let go. That's a warning bite, which is very serious behaviorally but can probably still be corrected. As much as I didn't like that trainer, Kingsley was super well behaved when he came home (before Kim undid all the work). So, I hope Kingsley isn't put down and he can enjoy a home with someone more equipped to handle a powerful breed.

ETA: Kim should rescue an adult lap cat -- litter trained, will be your BFF, and will hide from, cuddle, stare at intensely, play with, or ignore guests in a way that is so complete it is a bit disconcerting (one or all of the above, not necessarily in that order). Don't get me wrong, I love dogs, but Kim needs to embrace the cat lady inside her 'cause as long as she feeds and loves on them they won't internalize her anxiety the way that dogs will. Cats DGAF.

Despite the repeated references to Kim's irresponsibility in getting a pit, I believe it was her daughter's dog, and the daughter left him behind when she moved out.  You are right in all you say about Kingsley.  I have a similar breed (American Staffordshire Terrier).  These breeds are some of the most loving and loyal dogs.  They are also extremely smart and strong.  Just like a child needs to know their parent is the authority figure, a dog needs that security.  If the human is insecure, the dog often feels the need to protect and take charge.  If you look at pictures of Kim and Kingsley, you can see how much Kingsley dominated her.  For instance, a picture in which Kim is sitting in a chair, while Kingsley stands on and over her.  This leads to Kingsley being extremely over protective of Kim.  So often, humans are flattered by this protectiveness and don't nip it in the bud.  An expert can determine the cause of Kingsley's bites.  If he's doing it out of insecurity or fear rather than aggression, he's much easier to rehabilitate and rehome.  I think Kingsley was Kim's symbol of sobriety and a replacement for her kids.  With her care of Monty, she's applying herself in a more healthy manner, but is still able to nurture and hover.  This would leave little time for Kingsley, and if he has a problem with men, he had to go. I hate that this situation has reinforced the stereotype of the aggressive pitbull.

I don't know about the cat idea.  I find cats and dogs are very different, and if you're a dog person - a cat just doesn't cut it.  I love both, but many do not.  The Richards sisters seem to be huge dog lovers, and I think Kim would do better with a golden like she once had.

• Love 5

It came to me that regardless of how much cash was dropped at the kiddie boutique, the real reason for the Portia shopping trip was to show the little girl off for the cameras in a variety of cute outfits.  There was a lot of sweetie-pie posing going on there.  I'm sure Kyle would love to see the child nab some kind of modeling and acting contract.  You can't really buy this kind of exposure. 

So ... you know, kiddie vacation clothes: $548.73 cents.  National tv camera time for my daughter who's interested in becoming a star?  Priceless. 

• Love 4

It came to me that regardless of how much cash was dropped at the kiddie boutique, the real reason for the Portia shopping trip was to show the little girl off for the cameras in a variety of cute outfits.  There was a lot of sweetie-pie posing going on there.  I'm sure Kyle would love to see the child nab some kind of modeling and acting contract.  You can't really buy this kind of exposure. 

So ... you know, kiddie vacation clothes: $548.73 cents.  National tv camera time for my daughter who's interested in becoming a star?  Priceless. 

Didn't Kyle say/admit that she wanted 1 of her daughter to get into the business, acting, last season. Remember the runway scene for the hospital charity at her store? Her second youngest did not want to walk the runway and Kyle said something along those lines about wanting 1 of them to become an actress. She is focusing all her efforts on Portia this season for just that purpose IMO.

• Love 5

For me, I don't think that Kim and Kyle were intimidated by Kathy when she made the comments about the bridal gown and that's why they didn't say anything...at all.  I think they were being very sensitive about Brooke who was in a very fragile state of mind given her father's medical condition and they decided to just move on instead of having some sort of confrontation.  Confrontation was the last thing that Brooke would have wanted.  Yeah, with that said, Kathy does come across as very opinionated and domineering but I don't think Kyle and Kim are as 'afraid' of Kathy as some may think.  Kathy is one of those family members that you just mentally role your eyes at and move on most of the time because you know you're just going to get a headache if you open your mouth.  And yes, Kathy, IMO, was right about the dress.  Too bad she doesn't demonstrate her domineering side with her own children....or the truth is that she approves of her children's behavior, especially her oldest daughter.  I have a feeling it's probably the latter.  I think Kathy lives the life she really wanted to have through Paris. 

• Love 6

Didn't Kyle say/admit that she wanted 1 of her daughter to get into the business, acting, last season. Remember the runway scene for the hospital charity at her store? Her second youngest did not want to walk the runway and Kyle said something along those lines about wanting 1 of them to become an actress. She is focusing all her efforts on Portia this season for just that purpose IMO.

I believe what Kyle said is she was shy as a child and her mother got her into acting to overcome her shyness.  I think her expectations of Sophia were more along the lines of she should be helping with the charity work and modeling-she let her daughter walk with a friend. 

At the end of last season the caption was Portia had announced she wanted to be a child actress.  If Kyle is serious about her daughter's wishes I am certain there are connections in place to make that happen. I don't see Kyle or Mauricio seriously pursuing an acting career for Portia-but who knows maybe we will see Portia attending singing lessons or acting lessons.  After Yolanda's daughters significant success in modeling it may become a theme on the show. . . daughters following in their mother's footsteps.

• Love 1

I think Kathy held some power when Maurico worked for Hilton Hyland and Paris was the "it" girl. Maurico has moved on and Kyle has her own prestige now. Kim has always seemed to get along with Kathy, probably because Kathy turns a blind eye to Kim's antics much like she seemed to do with Paris.

• Love 4

I believe what Kyle said is she was shy as a child and her mother got her into acting to overcome her shyness.  I think her expectations of Sophia were more along the lines of she should be helping with the charity work and modeling-she let her daughter walk with a friend. 

At the end of last season the caption was Portia had announced she wanted to be a child actress.  If Kyle is serious about her daughter's wishes I am certain there are connections in place to make that happen. I don't see Kyle or Mauricio seriously pursuing an acting career for Portia-but who knows maybe we will see Portia attending singing lessons or acting lessons.  After Yolanda's daughters significant success in modeling it may become a theme on the show. . . daughters following in their mother's footsteps.

I remember Kyle saying Sophia was shy and that her mother pushed her into acting to help her overcome her shyness but I thought there was something about wanting to see 1 of her daughters go into show business as well.  I do think Kyle is helping to focus the cameras on Portia this season in hopes someone comes to her about Portia for a commercial, modeling job or some small part in a show. I do see similar behavior between Yolanda/Gigi and Kyle/Portia but on a much small scale.

I think Kathy held some power when Maurico worked for Hilton Hyland and Paris was the "it" girl. Maurico has moved on and Kyle has her own prestige now. Kim has always seemed to get along with Kathy, probably because Kathy turns a blind eye to Kim's antics much like she seemed to do with Paris.

Kathy travels a lot and I don't think she had to bail Kim out very much, she left that to Kyle. Kathy got to play "good sister", listening to Kim cry/whine and emotionally supporting her, while Kyle had to be the "voice of reason" aka/ the "bad sister" to Kim's addictive destructive behavior and had to clean up Kim's messes.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 8

I remember Kyle saying Sophia was shy and that her mother pushed her into acting to help her overcome her shyness but I thought there was something about wanting to see 1 of her daughters go into show business as well.  I do think Kyle is helping to focus the cameras on Portia this season in hopes someone comes to her about Portia for a commercial, modeling job or some small part in a show. I do see similar behavior between Yolanda/Gigi and Kyle/Portia but on a much small scale.

I'm actually a bit surprised that Portia hasn't been in something yet. Booking agencies currently love industry kids. As an aside, I've noticed girls like Yolanda's daughter and Kendell Jenner are pushed into doing pretty racy stuff to bring attention to whatever campaign they're doing. Its pretty oblivious when theirs are a only nipples walking the runway. They get press whereas no name nibbles don't.

• Love 2

Well, I'm not sure I would put it quite that way.  But she grew up (it sounds like) really struggling to get by.  So I get why money is so important to her.  She knows from her own experience, the time to make it as a model is from 16 to 24.  The peak years for models to make the big bucks are the ages Bella & Gigi are right now.  I think her attitude about education comes from her own lack of education.  And that she was able to succeed as a model & then marry rich.  So she was able to (in her mind) get by quite nicely without higher education.  

Do I agree with her attitude bout higher education?  Not in the least.  At least for the girls' sake, Mo is pushing hard for them to go to school.  Yo thinks thinks they can just easily go at a later time in their lives, but she's dismissing the fact that it can be much harder to do than when you're younger.  And she's not taking into account what you miss by not experiencing college as a young person.  Besides, taking on such heavy pressure & responsibility (of being a working model) at such a young age, is not something everyone can do.

Yolanda needs to realize, that unlike her, Gigi and Bella don't have to forego education to help support their family, or need modelling to land a rich man and become a trophy wife.  When she talks about their education (which she rarely does), she talks like it's a nuisance and unnecessary.  When she speaks of their modelling, her voice rises higher and higher, and she can barely sit still as she contemplates it.  Also, I notice that she makes Mohammed the bad guy.  Mommy doesn't want you to waste time on that yucky, foul education, it's daddy who insists you waste your youth and beauty on improving yourself.

I don't doubt that Yolanda adores her family.  But I have to side-eye a woman who waits until after her mother is released from ICU - you know, where you are because your condition is unstable - to fly home.  She will care for her mother for a week, then mommy is on her own while Yolanda flies off to wear her bikinis on a yacht in Majorca.  Her mother is her only parent, and is experiencing her second bout with cancer.  You think she'd want to spend a bit more time with her.  She hardly seems too busy.  Gigi lives out of state, Bella is on her own, and the boy is so invisible I don't even know his name.

• Love 12

I think David Foster picked Bella up from the clink after her DUI.  Yolanda tweets stuff about Bella all the time.  For all we know the first two seasons Bella may not have wanted to have been on the show that much.  She never talks about Anwar because she said that he is a teen boy who doesn't like the attention.  Maybe Bella was the same way.  She was on a bit more last season probably because Yo wanted her exposed for modeling purposes.  Bella seemed surly about it.  Yolanda gushes about her in tweets.  I think she is blunt in a dutch way.  Bella was not easy peasy like Gigi.  Doesn't mean she doesn't love her like she loves Gigi.

• Love 7