Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E03: Pay Attention To Me!

• Start Topic

Of course! Maybe I was not clear, but the point I am making is that we have been seeing these women being driven around in limousines for years and there is not a lot of chatter along the lines, "wow Camille, Adrienne, Kim and Brandi own chauffeured driven limousines," and therefore I don't know why the PTB and Kyle would assume that they would be deemed shady for not providing additional commentary beyond showing the logo of the plane and being greeted by a guy and flashing that he is an executive with a company that has the same name as the logo on the plane.

Another random thought about private planes, like limousines they are scalable, so a limo can range from being a Town Car to a stretch hummer with multiple bars and a home theater system. Likewise a leased private plane can range from well-appointed puddle jumper to a jet decked out with an office and bedroom.

I did get the feeling from Kyle, that renting a private plane is something Mauricio does frequently now. I would go so far as to say that he most likely has an agreement with that company to lease their planes for his RE business, he is now selling high end RE in Mexico as well as throughout California, not just the LA area.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 2

I was not that all that put out about Brooke possibly being soul crushed by her aunt Kathy's comment. First of all, I suspect that that was a re-created scene, Brooke got engaged in December 2013, got married in early August 2014 and the show started filming in very late June / early July 2014. I doubt if she waited until the last month to start selecting her wedding dress.

Secondly, having a blunt and hyper-critical relative is not a good thing, but at this stage it should not be a surprise that anything could come out of Kathy's mouth. To me if Brooke could not handle Kathy's caustic tongue, then hopefully Kim would not have even invited her to such a personal and special event.

I don't know if Kathy is considered top dog in her family simply because she married Rick Hilton, yeah the Hilton name carries cache, but the deference may come because she is the oldest and an alpha dog. Kyle and especially Kim had already brought status to the family through their acting careers, and then when they came of age they themselves snagged rich husbands.

As already mentioned, not much of the Hilton fortune trickled down to Rick Hilton due to Conrad Hilton leaving most of his fortune to charity, and then the little that was left for the later generations had to be split among numerous heirs. Rick Hilton is definitely rich by most people's standards, but I don't think that he is uber-rich and that a good chunk of his wealth was made because he started his own real estate agency. I don't necessarily think that Mauricio and Kyle are considered second-class citizens in their group because, even though they are not as wealthy, Mauricio is 15-20 years younger than Rick and followed in his footsteps and started his own real estate company. The gap in their wealth and status may be mostly driven by the gap in their ages. To the extent that Kathy and Rick have status that goes beyond them being older, IMO it's because they are the parents of one-time It Girl, Paris Hilton, and I do think that something like that carries a lot of weight with Big Kathy's progeny.

ETA:

I did get the feeling from Kyle, that renting a private plane is something Mauricio does frequently now. I would go so far as to say that he most likely has an agreement with that company to lease their planes for his RE business, he is now selling high end RE in Mexico as well as throughout California, not just the LA area.

Agree, I have the same feeling. Edited by quinn
  • Love 2

In any event, use of a private plane is so far from my financial ability that I am impressed in either case. Leasing, in fact, makes more sense economically than owning. Unless you fly every day, what is the point? This way, someone else has responsibility for vetting the pilots and maintaining the equipment, not to mention storage fees.

You don't stay wealthy if you throw money away.

Edited by SFoster21
  • Love 16

Not only was the logo of the company flashed multiple times, they were greeted by a guy and it flashed on the screen that he was an executive with the company, it did not say he was the pilot or the flight attendant, but an executive with the company. Like someone else mentioned, a couple seasons ago there was a discussion about flying private between Lisa and Yolanda, it was very clear then from the discussion that when the Fosters and Todds flew private but they did not own their planes. I don't know if the show or cast members should have been expected to provide massive exposition on this matter and the fact that it was not shows some kind of shadiness, they've been showing people being driven around in limousines on this show since the first season, and there does not seem to be the incorrect assumption that everyone in the cast from Adrienne and Camille down to Kim and Brandi all own stretch limousine and employ chauffeurs to drive them around.

The only time I was suspect of a RH and chartering a plane is when Camille was telling the story of Taylor ready to leave Russell nd then all of a sudden he was whisking her away in a G-4.  A G-4 goes anywhere from 5-8,000 a flight hour.  So I found it odd that they very broke and renting a home Armstrongs were chartering a G4. 

I do think if one dislike a particular HW there is always the opportunity to turn even the most obvious benign statement into something far more sinister.  For example-when we saw Yolanda and David on their chartered airplane, I hear something to the effect that David was going to Turkey and Yolanda was going to Holland.  I presumed they were flying out of LA so David saying we will be there in 5 1/2 hours indicated to me-they would reach the east coast in 5 1/2 hours.  I can't imagine Yolanda and David taking the same plane to Europe as there is about a 3 1/2 hour flying time between Turkey and Holland.  But that is me and Yolanda and David do take a lot of private flights because Yolanda posts them on Twitter all the time.  I am not saying they didn't take the charter all the way to Europe I just am doubting flying that far out of route for two passengers.  For the most part I just really like looking at the inside of a private jet tricked out with a bed.

I once was in Teterboro Airport in NJ, waiting to pick someone up and all of a sudden amidst the sea of Citations, and Gulfstreams, a B737 lands carrying none other than Larry King and family.  The 737 had been totally reconfigured and had two bedrooms and dining room among other amenities.  That was a whale in the sea of very expensive guppies.  BTW the cost to charter a 737 from LA to NY-$100,000.00-one way.  I have no idea if Larry paid that or was a guest but another waiting passenger asked and was told that what it takes for the pimped out 737.  Here is a customized B737 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pztL3z4wIzU

• Love 1

In any event, use of a private plane is so far from my financial ability that I am impressed in either case. Leading, in fact, makes more sense economically than owning. Unless you fly every day, what is the point? This way, someone else has responsibility for vetting the pilots and maintaining the equipment, not to mention storage fees.

You don't stay wealthy if you throw money away.

The way I understand private jets-if one is lucky enough to buy one are then generally leased it to a private company say Private Jets (I am making the name up) Private Jets then provides the flight crew and pays the fuel and what not. it use to be under the IRS code that purchasers of jets  then leased them had to have a certain percentage of hours where their planes were truly chartered.  Other company own planes, like Steve Wynn's may or may not be made available for lease.  Obviously that jet has been set a few times to pick up high rollers-where ever they may call home.

So these membership and fractional ownership companies make sense for both Mauricio and David.  Mauricio's company has listings in Mexico, Puerto Rico and the Caribbean-even NYC and here in Napa. I doubt The Agency would want a prospective buyer to have to drive for 9 hours to get here or take a commercial flight from LA-SF and then drive to Napa. 

In addition to the wealthy not throwing money away -they also value their time.  For the most part that is what chartered/private planes provide a huge time convenience.  of course the luxury and comfort isn't bad either.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 1

I was not that all that put out about Brooke possibly being soul crushed by her aunt Kathy's comment. First of all, I suspect that that was a re-created scene, Brooke got engaged in December 2013, got married in early August 2014 and the show started filming in very late June / early July 2014. I doubt if she waited until the last month to start selecting her wedding dress.

Secondly, having a blunt and hyper-critical relative is not a good thing, but at this stage it should not be a surprise that anything could come out of Kathy's mouth. To me if Brooke could not handle Kathy's caustic tongue, then hopefully Kim would not have even invited her to such a personal and special event.

I don't know if Kathy is considered top dog in her family simply because she married Rick Hilton, yeah the Hilton name carries cache, but the deference may come because she is the oldest and an alpha dog. Kyle and especially Kim had already brought status to the family through their acting careers, and then when they came of age they themselves snagged rich husbands.

As already mentioned, not much of the Hilton fortune trickled down to Rick Hilton due to Conrad Hilton leaving most of his fortune to charity, and then the little that was left for the later generations had to be split among numerous heirs. Rick Hilton is definitely rich by most people's standards, but I don't think that he is uber-rich and that a good chunk of his wealth was made because he started his own real estate agency. I don't necessarily think that Mauricio and Kyle are considered second-class citizens in their group because, even though they are not as wealthy, Mauricio is 15-20 years younger than Rick and followed in his footsteps and started his own real estate company. The gap in their wealth and status may be mostly driven by the gap in their ages. To the extent that Kathy and Rick have status that goes beyond them being older, IMO it's because they are the parents of one-time It Girl, Paris Hilton, and I do think that something like that carries a lot of weight with Big Kathy's progeny.

ETA:

Agree, I have the same feeling.

According to Kim, they moved the wedding date up so that Monty would still be able to walk Brooke down the aisle. His cancer diagnoses put everything on the fast track. That said, I also suspect that dress shopping was staged for the show and for Kim's storyline this season.  

Kathy is just unpleasant, it does not matter how many times she has been on the show, she is just miserable and enjoys making others feel less than. I swear the producers bring her on to show that Kyle/Kim are not the worst that family has to offer! LOL

• Love 13

Eh, Rinna's always been OK in my mind.  At least she's upbeat & positive.  Let's see if that changes with this group.  Does she seem a bit forced & phony?  Maybe somewhat.  But she seems to have a long-term happy marriage & her daughters seem nice & well-adjusted, so that says a lot positive bout her right there.

I had no prob with Rinna in that lunch.  It was Eileen who bothered me.  She just sat back & let Rinna kiss her ass.  She coulda made the teeny tiniest bit of effort to get to know Rinna.   Eileen looked like she couldn't be bothered.  OK then.  Is this who Eileen is?  Er, not a good sign.

Um, from the looks of dat pic, it looks to me like he had half his nose taken off.  You know, one thing I'll give Kyle,  She did cop to getting a nose job.  Most in Hollywood won't even admit to that.  When Mauricio's mother was getting a redo a few years back from Paul, I thought Mauricio talked bout his nose job & shrugged it off like it was no big deal.  Anyone remember?

Looks like Portia didn't inherit the gorgeous Kyle hair.  All the other girls did.  Poor poor Portia   Man, they should spoil her just cuz of that alone.  Or not.

From all photographic evidence, Mauricio didn't have half of his nose taken off. His nose doesn't look substantially bigger in the bottom pic than it does in the top pic in the DM article. Trust me, it's just the angle of the photograph. It appears to make him have more of an elongated tip because it's shot from the top. Also, his face has filled out more since his twenties, so his nose looks proportionally smaller. See the other pic I posted of Mauricio in his twenties. His nose wasn't any different in the '90s from now. Ask a plastic surgeon. I believe there may have been a comment made when Stella was getting her face-lift about Kyle's nose-job, and how Mauricio didn't even notice.

I don't think Mauricio is above getting a nose-job and not admitting to it, necessarily. I just don't think there's any evidence that he did. Kyle, Kim, Paul, Adrienne, and Camille have, however, all clearly had rhinoplasty. Paul and Adrienne have the same nose. Jacqueline on RHONJ had a very obvious nose-job, for cross-installment illustration purposes.

From all photographic evidence, Mauricio didn't have half of his nose taken off. His nose doesn't look substantially bigger in the bottom pic than it does in the top pic in the DM article. Trust me, it's just the angle of the photograph. It appears to make him have more of an elongated tip because it's shot from the top. Also, his face has filled out more since his twenties, so his nose looks proportionally smaller. See the other pic I posted of Mauricio in his twenties. His nose wasn't any different in the '90s from now. Ask a plastic surgeon. I believe there may have been a comment made when Stella was getting her face-lift about Kyle's nose-job, and how Mauricio didn't even notice.

I don't think Mauricio is above getting a nose-job and not admitting to it, necessarily. I just don't think there's any evidence that he did. Kyle, Kim, Paul, Adrienne, and Camille have, however, all clearly had rhinoplasty. Paul and Adrienne have the same nose. Jacqueline on RHONJ had a very obvious nose-job, for cross-installment illustration purposes.

I don't think Mauricio has had a nose job and I don't think the subject has ever been brought up on the show.  I use to think Mauricio looked like his mom and then I saw this photo:  https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=964684876879060

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 1

Interesting read from Kyle...Just a few nuggets:

• Some of the gals smoke pot in Amsterdam
  • A huge fight takes place in Amsterdam. This is when Lisa R throws the glass
  • Brand and Kyle are done. For good. Kyle says Brandi does something shocking during filming for which Kyle can never forgive her.  
  • Kyle and Lisa sound like they have gotten very close. Maybe closer than they were originally

Biggest news of all is that Kim has apparently re-homed Kingsley.  Kyle didn't say where. 

http://www.realitytea.com/2014/12/04/kyle-richards-done-brandi-glanville-kim-richards-gave-dog-kingsley-away/

• Love 3

• Brand and Kyle are done. For good. Kyle says Brandi does something shocking during filming for which Kyle can never forgive her.
  • Kyle and Lisa sound like they have gotten very close. Maybe closer than they were originally

Biggest news of all is that Kim has apparently re-homed Kingsley. Kyle didn't say where.

http://www.realitytea.com/2014/12/04/kyle-richards-done-brandi-glanville-kim-richards-gave-dog-kingsley-away/

Holly shit. Kingsley attacked 5 people? 5 people! That's insane. I can't believe animal control didn't take him and put him down. I'm a huge dog person and I love pits (snuggliest puppies ever), but that's just wrong. A dog that has attacked 5 people is not safe for anyone to own.

• Love 4
From all photographic evidence, Mauricio didn't have half of his nose taken off. His nose doesn't look substantially bigger in the bottom pic than it does in the top pic in the DM article. Trust me, it's just the angle of the photograph.

I don't agree at all, but let's leave this alone, OK?  Neither of us are plastic surgeons & I thought for sure he admitted to a nose job.  When I look at him, I see nose job and I've seen plenty.

I don't think Mauricio has had a nose job and I don't think the subject has ever been brought up on the show.  I use to think Mauricio looked like his mom and then I saw this photo:  https://www.facebook...964684876879060

Yeah, that convinces me even more he had a nose job.  Anyhoo, I had enough of this.

Not only was the logo of the company flashed multiple times, they were greeted by a guy and it flashed on the screen that he was an executive with the company, it did not say he was the pilot or the flight attendant, but an executive with the company. Like someone else mentioned, a couple seasons ago there was a discussion about flying private between Lisa and Yolanda,

Hey, hit me a thousand times with a wet noodle, but I missed all of that.  If the logo of the company was flashed, then I missed it.  Am I a moron or a typical viewer?  Who remembers shit from a few years ago?  I remember a few things, but not much.  And they barely acknowledge anything they did last season.  

Sorry, but this logo stuff was NOT obvious AT ALL.  Certainly not to those who know nothing about chartering or leasing jets.  And so what, if the logo of the company was flashed?  I would have absolutely no idea what that means.  So would most of the audience.  Maybe you understood it.  Does that mean everyone in the audience understood what it meant -- as you did?  Doubt it.  

Bottom line to me was they were bragging their asses off.  Given how Kyle usually pushes the shtick that they're so down-to-earth, seemed out of character -- or was it?  Yes, there are many different type of planes avail for leasing -- certainly at different price levels.  And Mauricio would absolutely have a need for leasing for his business, but that's way off what the show is addressing.  Guess I'm more interested to see if Kyle & Mauricio are gonna go to Euro like Yo did.

Holly shit. Kingsley attacked 5 people? 5 people! That's insane. I can't believe animal control didn't take him and put him down. I'm a huge dog person and I love pits (snuggliest puppies ever), but that's just wrong. A dog that has attacked 5 people is not safe for anyone to own.

It's really disturbing it took Kim this long to give him up.  Man, Kyle's daughter must be a very very sweet girl.  She has never once shown a bit of anger publicly regarding what happened to her.  I'd have been pissed as hell.  I wonder if she had to finally get of Kingsley cuz of Monty.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs

Someone else commented on this earlier, but Brandi putting the timer on when she was talking to her lawyer really irritated me.  I've been a lawyer for 20 years & I've never seen anything like that.  Look, I guess lawyers who are working on their own can make up their own rules (to some extent since most of it is pretty standard) how they charge clients -- but that seemed misleading as fuck.  Was she trying to make her own lawyer look bad -- just to gain sympathy for herself?  I've not heard of lawyers charging clients for short phone calls, BUT if he is talking to her at great length, I would think he's completely justified to charge her for it.  

That scene was strange & gave me an ick feeling.  We know for sure now whatever she said about her situation with Eddie was a total fabrication.  So I guess when it comes to Brandi (kinda like the way it was with Gretchen & Slade), it's safe to assume anything coming out of her mouth is lies, lies & more lies.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 3

Full disclosure: I don't have a dog and all of this is based on having watched The Dog Whisperer so obsessively it is probably pretty creepy if I'm being honest.

Anyway, regarding Kingsley...from what I've read, the attacks all happened under similar circumstances, which were basically that Kingsley was in a room alone or with just Kim and the addition of another person made him protective/territorial which resulted in the bites. I can't imagine living in a more neurotic environment than one with Kim "I love turtles! And squirrels!" Richards as your only social outlet, and I think the dog took on major anxiety and became a very insecure and therefore dangerous pack leader within the home. Kim unintentionally but still irresponsibly encouraged him every step of the way. He never mauled his victims...which I know sounds stupid, like "It's not that bad, he didn't rip their face off or anything"...but it seems significant IMO that he'd bite one time, usually on the hand, and let go. That's a warning bite, which is very serious behaviorally but can probably still be corrected. As much as I didn't like that trainer, Kingsley was super well behaved when he came home (before Kim undid all the work). So, I hope Kingsley isn't put down and he can enjoy a home with someone more equipped to handle a powerful breed.

ETA: Kim should rescue an adult lap cat -- litter trained, will be your BFF, and will hide from, cuddle, stare at intensely, play with, or ignore guests in a way that is so complete it is a bit disconcerting (one or all of the above, not necessarily in that order). Don't get me wrong, I love dogs, but Kim needs to embrace the cat lady inside her 'cause as long as she feeds and loves on them they won't internalize her anxiety the way that dogs will. Cats DGAF.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 12

I love it when apologies include "I'm not gonna continue to kiss your ass." in them.

Brandi is like a bull in a china shop.  She wants to repair her relationship with Lisa only if Lisa accepts her apology the way Brandi thinks she should and then bends to her will.  "You have to forgive to be a friend."

Uh....no you don't.  There is such a thing as crossing a line.  Apparently Lisa considers what Brandi said to be a deal breaker and I don't blame her.  Lisa's seen her act that way towards other people and defended those actions before.  I can totally understand why it is Lisa gave a less than warm acceptance to that "apology" Brandi laid out.  It was the equivalent of "Yeah well, I'm sorry, but you were an asshole first."

Here's an idea Brandi....think before you speak.  Stop using that as an excuse for why you're an asshole who can't control your mouth.  You're over 40 not 14.  Grow up.

I love Lisa R.  I never had use for her on DOOL but she's good people.  She gives no fucks and is happy with who she is.  I see nothing fake or staged about her.  She's happy in her marriage and looks at the bright side of things.  She has no shame.  

Edited by CaughtOnTape
  • Love 12

Full disclosure: I don't have a dog and all of this is based on having watched The Dog Whisperer so obsessively it is probably pretty creepy if I'm being honest.

Anyway, regarding Kingsley...from what I've read, the attacks all happened in the same circumstances, which is basically that the dog was in a room alone or with just Kim and the addition of another person made him protective/territorial which resulted in the bites. I can't imagine living in a more neurotic environment than one with Kim "I love turtles! And squirrels!" Richards as your only social outlet, and I think the dog took on major anxiety and became "pack leader" when naturally he was more submissive. Kim unintentionally but still irresponsibly encouraged him every step of the way. He never mauled his victims...which I know sounds stupid, like "It's not that bad, he didn't rip their face off or anything"...but it seems significant IMO that he'd bite one time, usually on the hand, and let go. That's a warning bite, which is very serious behaviorally but can probably still be corrected. As much as I didn't like that trainer, Kingsley was super well behaved when he came home (before Kim undid all the work). So, I hope Kingsley isn't put down and he can enjoy a home with someone more equipped to handle a powerful breed.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming the dog at all! But 5 bites at least 1 of which required significant medical attention is extreme. In many jurisdictions Animal Control would have become involved and Kingsley would have been put down. Of course factors like the dog being in its home and how the incidents are reported make a difference...still. As I've said, I love dogs, but it would have taken 1 for me. 1 bite that someone needed to go to the hospital for and I would have sat down for some very hard decisions.

• Love 4

I thought Kyle was clear that Mauricio "got" the jet for the trip, the same way you'd get a rental car.  I actually looked up the price of NetJet's cost and you could buy 25 hours for 120K.  Makes total sense to me that Mauricio's company would be buying shares in a jet sharing program so that they could fly prospective clients down to their Mexican properties and back.  It's one thing to show pictures, but if you want to make sure you strike while the iron is hot,  better to say "We'd love to fly you down tomorrow and show you some properties we've picked out!" than "We'll meet you there whenever you want to go."

And he can take his family on a quick vacation without paying for 6 people to fly commercial first class.  

• Love 2

Re: The Daily Mail article about Michael Tuck and Kyle and Mauricio's purported nose-job: I don't think Mauricio had a nose-job, and I know nose-jobs quite well as a Jewish-American from North Jersey/New York (terrible thing to say, but true.) In the upper photo at age 40ish, he's facing straight on. In the younger photo at age 20ish, he's facing down. It's the same nose in two different positions. Mauricio still looked like a teenager when he met Kyle; his face hadn't filled out yet and put his nose into proportion. With stubble, grayed hair, and a more prominent bone structure, he's significantly better looking. He's one of many men who get better looking with age. If you google "young Mauricio Umansky", you'll find other pictures of him from his twenties, and there's been no rhinoplasty. If anything, he's gotten his ears pinned back. The nose is the same.

Kyle has definitely had a nose-job, which she's admitted to. Yes, Kyle ca. 1994, pre-nose-job. did look a lot like a healthier, younger Kim ca. 2009 (pre-nose-job, at the start of filming). But she didn't look much like Kim did in the '90s. Kim had a lot of rounder face up until her '40s, whereas Kyle has always had a longer face. But their mouth and the contours of their cheeks and upper face are the same. Like many relatives, one looks like the other (at some point in their life) at some point in their life, but those moments don't necessarily coincide. I wouldn't say Kyle had an extreme nose-job. It's definitely been slimmed and she had the bumps taken off, but it's not as if she got an upturned ski nose or had a really long hook nose. Now, Adrienne had a severe nose-job. So did Camille - I think a combination of a prior nose-job and over-aggressive Botox give her that reptile look where there's no recession between the bridge of her nose and her brow. It's sad how the Mediterranean gals (Camille is Italian and Adrienne Lebanese) feel the need to get their stately noses chopped off.

I have more theories about the Richards Sisters (and Kyle/Mauricio's relation to Kathy, in particular), but I'll save those for earlier in the day.

I know nose-jobs quite well as a Jewish-American from North Jersey/New York (terrible thing to say, but true.) - This is very funny!  And I agree with you on Mauricio.  I don't see a nose job at all.  But I don't think he got his ears pinned either - not that there's anything wrong with having either one done if it makes you happier.

• Love 2

I love it when apologies include "I'm not gonna continue to kiss your ass." in them.

Brandi is like a bull in a china shop.  She wants to repair her relationship with Lisa only if Lisa accepts her apology the way Brandi thinks she should and then bends to her will.  "You have to forgive to be a friend."

Uh....no you don't.  There is such a thing as crossing a line.  Apparently Lisa considers what Brandi said to be a deal breaker and I don't blame her.  Lisa's seen her act that way towards other people and defended those actions before.  I can totally understand why it is Lisa gave a less than warm acceptance to that "apology" Brandi laid out.  It was the equivalent of "Yeah well, I'm sorry, but you were an asshole first."

Here's an idea Brandi....think before you speak.  Stop using that as an excuse for why you're an asshole who can't control your mouth.  You're over 40 not 14.  Grow up.

Brandi's phone call was all kinds of messed up.

- HI Lisa, I want to move on. 

- Um, how nice for you, Brandi, but I'm not that into it.

- Well, things happened on both sides, so I'm not going to keep kissing your ass

- ORLY?  Great, my ass is getting dirty from your slobber. Good thng Kyle is there to wipe your lips.

Brandi:  oh, she needs more time.

No, Brandi, she doesn't need more time.  She's done with you.

• Love 6

Anyway, regarding Kingsley...from what I've read, the attacks all happened in the same circumstances, which is basically that the dog was in a room alone or with just Kim and the addition of another person made him protective/territorial which resulted in the bites. I can't imagine living in a more neurotic environment than one with Kim "I love turtles! And squirrels!" Richards as your only social outlet, and I think the dog took on major anxiety and became a very insecure and therefore dangerous pack leader within the home. Kim unintentionally but still irresponsibly encouraged him every step of the way. He never mauled his victims...which I know sounds stupid, like "It's not that bad, he didn't rip their face off or anything"...but it seems significant IMO that he'd bite one time, usually on the hand, and let go. That's a warning bite, which is very serious behaviorally but can probably still be corrected. As much as I didn't like that trainer, Kingsley was super well behaved when he came home (before Kim undid all the work). So, I hope Kingsley isn't put down and he can enjoy a home with someone more equipped to handle a powerful breed.

ETA: And Kim should rescue an adult lap cat -- litter trained, will be your BFF, and will hide, cuddle, stare intensely, play with, or completely ignore guests (not necessarily in that order). Don't get me wrong, I love dogs, but Kim needs to embrace the cat lady inside her 'cause as long as she feeds and loves on them they won't give a fuck that she's crazy--I mean, they won't internalize her anxiety the way that dogs will. 

In her pills and booze haze at the end of Season 2, Kim said she wanted a doggy, or a kitty, or another baby. I'm in full agreement that Kim should have chosen the second option - an adult lap cat who does not require training and will provide virtually the same level of companionship as a pit-bull. Now, if she'd tried to have another baby at age 47...*

I'm happy to let the Mauricio nose-job discussion go and agree to disagree. I'd love to get a plastic surgeon on WWHL to diagnose all the procedures the women (and men) of the Real Housewives franchise have had done. As for the women featured on RHOBH, Adrienne (topping all of them), Camille, Taylor, Kyle, and Kim have had reconstructive facial plastic surgery (in opposition to the fillers and Botox they've all had.) In terms of overall lifetime plastic surgeon's bills, as implied by the order above, Adrienne clearly leads the pack, followed by Camille and Taylor.

I'm not sure if Lisa R.'s face-lifts count as reconstructive plastic surgery, and I don't think Yolanda's gone under the knife. Adding to that, I'm not sure Brandi has had more than an insane amount of fillers and Botox. When I first started watching the series, I thought Brandi was somewhat younger than she is (30-something, not early 40s), because I had never seen a woman as young as Brandi with that many additives under her skin.

*The Richards girls sometimes eerily echo Big Kathy. There's an anecdote in House of Hilton that, around age 50, after Kyle had moved out with Guraish and had Farrah, Big Kathy called up all her friends and said she "wanted a baby", by hell or high water, and asked them if they "had a baby" to give her. Believe it or not, she persisted and "found a baby." I think the three daughters inherited different aspects of their larger-than-life mother - Lil' Kathy inherited her bitchiness and venom, Kim inherited her sheer wackiness and sense of humor, and Kyle inherited her strength of will and social skills.

• Love 2

In her pills and booze haze at the end of Season 2, Kim said she wanted a doggy, or a kitty, or another baby. I'm in full agreement that Kim should have chosen the second option - an adult lap cat who does not require training and will provide virtually the same level of companionship as a pit-bull. Now, if she'd tried to have another baby at age 47...*

I'm happy to let the Mauricio nose-job discussion go and agree to disagree. I'd love to get a plastic surgeon on WWHL to diagnose all the procedures the women (and men) of the Real Housewives franchise have had done. As for the women featured on RHOBH, Adrienne (topping all of them), Camille, Taylor, Kyle, and Kim have had reconstructive facial plastic surgery (in opposition to the fillers and Botox they've all had.) In terms of overall lifetime plastic surgeon's bills, as implied by the order above, Adrienne clearly leads the pack, followed by Camille and Taylor.

I'm not sure if Lisa R.'s face-lifts count as reconstructive plastic surgery, and I don't think Yolanda's gone under the knife. Adding to that, I'm not sure Brandi has had more than an insane amount of fillers and Botox. When I first started watching the series, I thought Brandi was somewhat younger than she is (30-something, not early 40s), because I had never seen a woman as young as Brandi with that many additives under her skin.

*The Richards girls sometimes eerily echo Big Kathy. There's an anecdote in House of Hilton that, around age 50, after Kyle had moved out with Guraish and had Farrah, Big Kathy called up all her friends and said she "wanted a baby", by hell or high water, and asked them if they "had a baby" to give her. Believe it or not, she persisted and "found a baby." I think the three daughters inherited different aspects of their larger-than-life mother - Lil' Kathy inherited her bitchiness and venom, Kim inherited her sheer wackiness and sense of humor, and Kyle inherited her strength of will and social skills.

Wait, huh? Did she get a baby? Who was the baby?

I agree that Kim is lonely so she got a dog. Ok, fine except that as you pointed out dogs are actually pretty high maintenance pets. A cat requires much less...shall we say awareness? Yes let's go with awareness. And are still a cuddly, social animal. But Kim wanted a dog. Ok again, whatever. I'm more of a dog person myself. But then she went and picked a high maintenance breed. A sweet, wonderful, smart, strong, loyal, territorial breed that thrives on discipline and structure. Perhaps the worst breed for her personality and living situation. Just a bad choice all around and I blame Kim for being unable to see even 2 feet past her own needs.

• Love 7

Someone else commented on this earlier, but Brandi putting the timer on when she was talking to her lawyer really irritated me.  I've been a lawyer for 20 years & I've never seen anything like that.  Look, I guess lawyers who are working on their own can make up their own rules (to some extent since most of it is pretty standard) how they charge clients -- but that seemed misleading as fuck.  Was she trying to make her own lawyer look bad -- just to gain sympathy for herself?  I've not heard of lawyers charging clients for short phone calls, BUT if he is talking to her at great length, I would think he's completely justified to charge her for it.  

That scene was strange & gave me an ick feeling.  We know for sure now whatever she said about her situation with Eddie was a total fabrication.  So I guess when it comes to Brandi (kinda like the way it was with Gretchen & Slade), it's safe to assume anything coming out of her mouth is lies, lies & more lies.

What I don't understand is why she had to make an appointment for him to basically do nothing.  At the time Brandi made this public letters between the lawyers were published-how it could have added up to "thousands" of dollars of legal fees is beyond me.  Here is the brief version-essentially Brandi was overpaid spousal support the account totaled it up and it came to $114,000.00-all Eddie asked that it be used as a credit to his retirement account.  Why a division of this sort would cost "thousands of dollars in attorney fees" is because Brandi doesn't want to play fair and tried to shame Eddie into forgiving her debt by accusing him of living large and try to get her for support.  I find it odd shortly before the episode aired Brandi was tweeting away saying all was good between she and Eddie.  Now she is back to saying it is unfair for someone who makes $300,000.00 a year for working part time only having to pay $1,000.00 a month.  My guess is Brandi makes far more than $300,000.00 a year.

• Love 3

I agree that Kim is lonely so she got a dog. Ok, fine except that as you pointed out dogs are actually pretty high maintenance pets. A cat requires much less...shall we say awareness? Yes let's go with awareness. And are still a cuddly, social animal. But Kim wanted a dog. Ok again, whatever. I'm more of a dog person myself. But then she went and picked a high maintenance breed. A sweet, wonderful, smart, strong, loyal, territorial breed that thrives on discipline and structure. Perhaps the worst breed for her personality and living situation. Just a bad choice all around and I blame Kim for being unable to see even 2 feet past her own needs.

In fairness to Kim it was Brooke's dog and when she moved she could no longer to have the dog so Kim was doing her daughter a kindness.  I think Kim thought it would be cute and clever for this teeny, tiny petite woman to have this large dog.  I believe she thought she could treat it as a lap dog and it would be that much more attention on her. Only problem is it tends to bite other women and the bite victims tend to get the attention and sympathy instead of Kim.  Let's face it Kingsley biting Alexia is as good as reason as any for Kim to be mad at Kyle.

Anyone read Brandi's Bravo blog?  Good grief, Ms. Victim is comparing herself to Princess Di now.  Um, Okaaay.

I saw that and ick. . . Brandi doesn't get it LA is a town filled with exes and you don't take sides in a Hollywood divorce.

• Love 3

I'm not a fan of Eddie and Leanne (I actually think they're disgusting and the only two people on earth that make Brandi look good by comparison on occasion), but why would Eddie be paying child support if they split 50/50 custody? They probably make around the same money. I know Leanne makes more, but a step-parent's money isn't generally part of the equation. I'm sure there are exceptions (family court can get real fast and loose), but I'm also sure Leanne has good lawyers that keep her money out of it and Eddie probably had to sign a pre-nup. So I'm back at why Eddie is even paying child support. I get it when they first broke up and Brandi wasn't working, but now?

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 3
At the time Brandi made this public letters between the lawyers were published-how it could have added up to "thousands" of dollars of legal fees is beyond me.

I believe she is racking up the attorney's fees, but it's unclear what for & if it's to the extent she's saying it is.  She's giving us a swiss cheese story -- full of a shit-ton of holes.  I thought someone said earlier the $1000 a month was actually alimony settled on in the divorce.  This is all so murky & confusing.  Again, it's cuz Brandi bullshits so much, it's very difficult to muddle thru the kernels of truth, she may have told & mix it with facts which have been reported.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 5

I believe she is racking up the attorney's fees, but it's unclear what for & if it's to the extent she's saying it is. She's giving us a swiss cheese story -- full of a shit-ton of holes. I thought someone said earlier the $1000 a month was actually alimony settled on in the divorce. This is all so murky & confusing. Again, it's cuz Brandi bullshits so much, it's very difficult to muddle thru the kernels of truth, she may have told & mix it with facts which have been reported.

I dropped Leanne name in it in regards to how her money might not automatically be a factor. But maybe that's what Brandi is after: some large lump sum payment from Eddie and Leanne for a million or more that would have to come from Leanne. If she doesn't have a real legal position to demand it maybe her lawyers are going with the "annoy them until they throw a bag of cash at you to shut you up," strategy.

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 1
I saw that and ick. . . Brandi doesn't get it LA is a town filled with exes and you don't take sides in a Hollywood divorce.

I may be one of the few who wanted to sympathize with Brandi bout Lisa throwing Scheana in her face.  But I sure as fuck don't anymore.  Sheesh, this is freakin' ancient history.  And she played along with all this Scheana crap, knowing it was part of what she had to do, to be in the cast of the show & get the Bravo dough.  So for her to bring this up again is tiresome & meaningless.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs

Biggest news of all is that Kim has apparently re-homed Kingsley.  Kyle didn't say where. 

It looks like the blog got much of, if not all, its information from an interview Kyle did a few days ago on HuffPo Live. It's good to know that she and Lisa are closer now and repairing their friendship. Finding out that Brandi is on the outs with most of the women makes me hope that she's axed for season six. 

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 6

I may be one of the few who wanted to sympathize with Brandi bout Lisa throwing Scheana in her face.  But I sure as fuck don't anymore.  Sheesh, this is freakin' ancient history.  And she played along with all this Scheana crap, knowing it was part of what she had to do, to be in the cast of the show & get the Bravo dough.  So for her to bring this up again is tiresome & meaningless.

Yes, it's a crappy excuse because Brandi says last week that Lisa "forced her" to meet with Scheana and this week says she agreed to meet with Scheana  to promote VPR.  While neither of these things is true it was a scene for the show that Brandi agreed to be a part of, why the hell should Lisa apologize? It's not a thought that was even the first time those two interacted. The first time Lisa asked Scheana to leave but then they supposedly made peace so why is this even an issue? Because Brandi has no other storyline?

• Love 3

Awareness is a good word for it. As a poster up-thread said, adult cats generally are what they are. If their human lavishes attention and kindness on them and feeds them, they won't be impacted by their separate nuttiness. And, as you said, pit-bulls are, moreover, a high maintenance breed who need discipline and structure. I would imagine there are lower maintenance breeds, although I'm not a dog person, so I don't know. 

I'm going to go with you and zoeysmom that Kim generally can't see past her own needs, and that, in adopting the dog, she probably thought she was doing a favor for Brooke and giving herself a storyline on Season 3, post-rehab. Although I'm a Kim fan (in the sense of finding her character intriguing  in a Blanche DuBois way and empathizing with her, if not sympathizing with or condoning her), I can't imagine keeping a dog after it bites friends and relatives. She definitely did the dog a major disservice by adopting it without the capacity to provide it with discipline and structure. Another factor in Kim not getting a cat or a smaller, lower-maintenance dog is that it wouldn't be as good for TV.

Here's what House of Hilton says about Big Kathy's late in life baby-catching:

"For a woman who was downsizing, big Kathy made a curious decision - she wanted to again play mother to an infant. To Hallaren, she revealed, 'I'm going to get another baby.' Hallaren, who had heard a lot of wild stories from her childhood pal, was stunned. 'I said, 'What do you mean, another baby?' And she said, there's this horrible woman who doesn't want her baby, and I'm going to get it. I met this woman in a parking lot and I told her, 'You better get me that baby.' She was crazy about babies, but what she was telling me was all so grotesque and illegal', continues Hallaren. 'I asked her, 'Kathy, how are you going to bring up a baby at your age, with your lifestyle?' And she said, 'Well, if I can't do it, the girls will take it. They want another baby, we all want another baby in the family.' I thought to myself, how much control does she have over her daughters? I didn't talk to her for a few months and then I called and said, 'So, did you get that baby? And she said, 'No, no, no. I can't go into it, but that horrible girl didn't let me have the baby.'' But, in fact, there was a baby. The girlfriend of a Dugan family relative had gotten pregnant and wasn't prepared to care for the baby, so big Kathy volunteered her services. 'Kathy got the baby and kept it for awhile', says Adele Avanzino. 'Kathy didn't want the baby to go into a foster home, or an orphanage, or a Catholic charity. Eventually, another Dugan relative took the baby, which was fine with Kathy.'"

Edited by vrocotamy
  • Love 2

Yes, it's a crappy excuse because Brandi says last week that Lisa "forced her" to meet with Scheana and this week says she agreed to meet with Scheana  to promote VPR.  While neither of these things is true it was a scene for the show that Brandi agreed to be a part of, why the hell should Lisa apologize? It's not a thought that was even the first time those two interacted. The first time Lisa asked Scheana to leave but then they supposedly made peace so why is this even an issue? Because Brandi has no other storyline?

Her blog is pitiful.

I think Brandi's a deeply unhappy woman and she was ticked that she wasn't "winning" anymore. She was fine with that sitdown with Scheana because she wanted to stick it to Leann. Eddie was probably seeing Scheana at the same time he was with Leann. It was all to fuel Leann's paranoia. So this idea that Brandi performed this major sacrifice for Lisa is a lie. Brandi was composed, mature and handled that scene very well. Scheana handled it well too. Eddie was the one who looked like a jerk. I don't think Brandi's ego could accept that Scheana became a reality star with the same kind of opportunities she has. She seems to be happy and is now married. *note I don't watch VPRules just what I see from the ads* Brandi doesn't want anyone else to be happy or successful. If you're married or have more money, she thinks that gives her a right to attack.

She's very territorial with her friends and needs their constant attention. "Who would you save in a fire, me or Scheana?" is not a question a 40 year old woman should be asking on national television. She even got mad when her friend was talking to Joyce in Spanish last season. There's such a toxic bitterness at her core I can't imagine what it would be like to be around her for any length of time.

As Brandi said, she didn't want to be a "sidekick" anymore, she wanted to be THE STAR. Unfortunately for her- she is not and will never be the centerpiece of the show. So now she has to fake asking for forgiveness. Once again, Brandi will blame the other person for the conflict that she started. Once again, she will act as if she was just as hurt if not more so than the person she attacked. Once again, she will state how she's not perfect and was just going through a hard time. Once again, she will be victim because the other person won't forgive her.  

I feel like Lisa wants to cut her completely off, not film or engage but she knows the Brandi and Bravo game. Have to be careful not to be too cold because that gives Brandi the opportunity she wants to cry over how mean Lisa's being to her.

• Love 13

Anyway, regarding Kingsley...from what I've read, the attacks all happened in the same circumstances, which is basically that the dog was in a room alone or with just Kim and the addition of another person made him protective/territorial which resulted in the bites. I can't imagine living in a more neurotic environment than one with Kim "I love turtles! And squirrels!" Richards as your only social outlet, and I think the dog took on major anxiety and became a very insecure and therefore dangerous pack leader within the home. Kim unintentionally but still irresponsibly encouraged him every step of the way. He never mauled his victims...which I know sounds stupid, like "It's not that bad, he didn't rip their face off or anything"...but it seems significant IMO that he'd bite one time, usually on the hand, and let go. That's a warning bite, which is very serious behaviorally but can probably still be corrected. As much as I didn't like that trainer, Kingsley was super well behaved when he came home (before Kim undid all the work). So, I hope Kingsley isn't put down and he can enjoy a home with someone more equipped to handle a powerful breed.

ETA: And Kim should rescue an adult lap cat -- litter trained, will be your BFF, and will hide, cuddle, stare intensely, play with, or completely ignore guests (not necessarily in that order). Don't get me wrong, I love dogs, but Kim needs to embrace the cat lady inside her 'cause as long as she feeds and loves on them they won't internalize her anxiety the way that dogs will. Cats DGAF.

I disagree, I do not think Kim should have any living animals/pets. Cats can become aggressive/protective with the wrong owners as well. She is not stable long enough from what we have seen to care for herself let alone an innocent animal! Maybe house plants are her level but not animals. JMO

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming the dog at all! But 5 bites at least 1 of which required significant medical attention is extreme. In many jurisdictions Animal Control would have become involved and Kingsley would have been put down. Of course factors like the dog being in its home and how the incidents are reported make a difference...still. As I've said, I love dogs, but it would have taken 1 for me. 1 bite that someone needed to go to the hospital for and I would have sat down for some very hard decisions.

There was a major bite from Kingsley a few months before Kyle's daughter got bit. It was an 80 year old family friend, who spent the night at Kim's house, that had her arm and hand ripped up and she needed ER treatment. Kim promised to pay the hospital bill then didn't, so this woman filed a lawsuit against Kim. Kingsley's biting was getting progressively worse/more damaging and yet Kim did nothing. IMO, Mauricio stepped in and forced Kim to do something or else...........

Some blog site reported that animal control told them "someone must file a complaint" against the dog/owner for them to get involved. No one ever filed a complaint or involved the police and because of that, Kim was able to keep Kingsley until this last bite became public. Had Kyle not tweeted that picture at the hospital and said it was due to a dog bite, I am sure that Kim would still have Kingsley in her home or would bring him back after a short stay with another trainer to appease Kyle/Mauricio.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 4

I may be one of the few who wanted to sympathize with Brandi bout Lisa throwing Scheana in her face. But I sure as fuck don't anymore. Sheesh, this is freakin' ancient history. And she played along with all this Scheana crap, knowing it was part of what she had to do, to be in the cast of the show & get the Bravo dough. So for her to bring this up again is tiresome & meaningless.

ITA. I think it was shitty of Lisa to ask Brandi to meet with Scheana knowing how Brandi feels about her in order to promote VR. And like a lot of the shitty things Lisa does, in the event of a negative response it still gave her room to claim she did it for them. For closure. Because, St. Lisa. But the thing that sticks out to me is that Brandi did it! For her to get mad about it a year later, as Nene Leakes would say, violates the statue of limitations, and as others here have said, she could have taken a different approach. "Hey, I need to talk to you because this has been bothering me for a long time", for example. Instead, in typical Brandi fashion she told everyone except Lisa that she was mad and IMO went hunting for damaging information and/or situations she could exaggerate. The magazines. The alleged bankruptcy. A secret property in the Calabasas (oh, the horror) found on the infamous background check for which she paid $9.99. All things that hit Lisa where she cares most -- her TV persona, business reputation, and elite status among the wealthy. Pretty calculated for a fit of temper. Personally, I think Lisa capitalized on Brandi's pain and could have apologized or mollified Brandi by telling her that Scheana means nothing to her and the engagement party was just for the show...but whether she did or didn't owe Brandi an apology, Brandi had no right to "bite back" in such an extreme way and fall back on the old abuser cliche of I only did wrong because you made me, hey no one is perfect!

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 8

Now, Adrienne had a severe nose-job. So did Camille - I think a combination of a prior nose-job and over-aggressive Botox give her that reptile look where there's no recession between the bridge of her nose and her brow. It's sad how the Mediterranean gals (Camille is Italian and Adrienne Lebanese) feel the need to get their stately noses chopped off.

I wouldn't doubt that Camille and Adrienne both had their noses disappear from coke use too.  They are lacking too much nose, like their noses collapsed at some point.

• Love 5

Here is my problem with the Lisa/Brandi/Cedric/Sheana Merry-Go-Round:

Cedric and Lisa opened Villa Blanca in the spring of 2009

RHOBH began filming in December of 2009-evergreen stuff

Scheana gave her heartfelt Access Hollywood Eddie story in December of 2009 while working for Cedric and Lisa

RHOBH airs in October of 2010

Cedric and Brandi have lunch and are sure to be filmed February 2011

Brandi signs up as a FOH in late spring of 2011

Cedric and Scheana both are sent packing by Lisa from SUR  July 2011 after Lisa has been in talks with a spin-off surrounding SUR  http://www.realitytea.com/2012/01/17/rhobhs-cedric-martinez-fires-back-at-lisa-vanderpump-show-proves-he-was-invitied-to-her-party/http://www.realitytea.com/2012/01/17/rhobhs-cedric-martinez-fires-back-at-lisa-vanderpump-show-proves-he-was-invitied-to-her-party/

It will be interesting when Scheana becomes as useless as Cedric and Brandi to Lisa if we will ever learn the truth about the very curious coincidences that surround Lisa, Brandi and Scheana.  I will say this about Schena fame hungry suits her well I have never seen a women tolerate being called a whore and homewrecker as much as Brandi and the cast from SUR called her.

Until Brandi and Lisa can both be honest I don't want to hear any more about or from Scheana.

Edited by zoeysmom

ITA. I think it was shitty of Lisa to ask Brandi to meet with Scheana knowing how Brandi feels about her in order to promote VR. And like a lot of the shitty things Lisa does, in the event of a negative response it still gave her room to claim she did it for them. For closure. Because, St. Lisa. But the thing that sticks out to me is that Brandi did it! For her to get mad about it a year later, as Nene Leakes would say, violates the statue of limitations, and as others here have said, she could have taken a different approach. "Hey, I need to talk to you because this has been bothering me for a long time", for example. Instead, in typical Brandi fashion she told everyone except Lisa that she was mad and IMO went hunting for damaging information and/or situations she could exaggerate. The magazines. The alleged bankruptcy. A secret property in the Calabasas (oh, the horror) found on the infamous background check for which she paid $9.99. All things that hit Lisa where she cares most -- her TV persona, business reputation, and elite status among the wealthy. Pretty calculated for a fit of temper. Personally, I think Lisa capitalized on Brandi's pain and could have apologized or mollified Brandi by telling her that Scheana means nothing to her and the engagement party was just for the show...but whether she did or didn't owe Brandi an apology, it doesn't give Brandi the right to "bite back" in such an extreme way and fall back on the old abuser cliche of I only did wrong because you made me, hey no one is perfect!

The problem with the whole "she done me wrong because she forced me" is that Brandi blogged that talking with Scheana helped her move on! Did Lisa ask her to do this for cross promotion of her VR show, YES, as did the producers on the BH show and I don't see her going after them. It was seen as a win, win, win for all, Brandi, Lisa and most importantly, Bravo. Brandi got to look like the bigger person, have her say on camera and move on as well as getting a lot more camera time, viewer sympathy/support and an expanded storyline. Which all helped her keep her HW contract and get a raise in pay, so what was the downside for her to do this? There was no downside except that she would have to give up the poor pitiful me act when it came to Scheana and she will not dare to mention/attack LR by name on camera.

• Love 3

I don't mean to defend Brandi, but I don't think she's saying that she's pissed off about the original sit-down with Scheana (or however you spell it). I think she's saying that she willingly took one for the team and then resented the fact that Scheana kept getting shoved in her face at Lisa Vanderpump's various SUR-staffed events. Honestly, I don't blame Brandi for being bothered seeing Lisa V. help Scheana shop for engagement rings or whatever the f happened on VR. But I do blame Brandi for being an overly reactive drama queen who constantly plays the victim card.

• Love 10

Here is my problem with the Lisa/Brandi/Cedric/Sheana Merry-Go-Round:

Cedric and Lisa opened Villa Blanca in the spring of 2009

RHOBH began filming in December of 2009-evergreen stuff

Scheana gave her heartfelt Access Hollywood Eddie story in December of 2009 while working for Cedric and Lisa

RHOBH airs in October of 2010

Cedric and Brandi have lunch and are sure to be filmed February 2011

Brandi signs up as a FOH in late spring of 2011

Cedric and Scheana both are sent packing by Lisa from SUR  July 2011 after Lisa has been in talks with a spin-off surrounding SUR  http://www.realitytea.com/2012/01/17/rhobhs-cedric-martinez-fires-back-at-lisa-vanderpump-show-proves-he-was-invitied-to-her-party/http://www.realitytea.com/2012/01/17/rhobhs-cedric-martinez-fires-back-at-lisa-vanderpump-show-proves-he-was-invitied-to-her-party/

It will be interesting when Scheana becomes as useless as Cedric and Brandi to Lisa if we will ever learn the truth about the very curious coincidences that surround Lisa, Brandi and Scheana.  I will say this about Schena fame hungry suits her well I have never seen a women tolerate being called a whore and homewrecker as much as Brandi and the cast from SUR called her.

Until Brandi and Lisa can both be honest I don't want to hear any more about or from Scheana.

Here is my problem with Cedric's story. We now know that he lied, his story about his life was all lies. He has even backed off his attacks on Lisa and sided with her against Brandi last season, he tweeted that Brandi was lying. Brandi and Cedric were not friends before she joined the show and that is according to Brandi in her first book. The whole Cedric/Brandi friendship was nothing more than part of her storyline introduction to the viewers, same with her being a "friend/acquaintance" of Adrienne's before the show.

The e-mails about Cedric and Lisa for the SUR finale does not mean that Lisa really knew he was coming. We now know the producers have no problem telling 1 person 1 thing and not telling the other the same story. It is just as possible that producers told Lisa that Cedric was banned from coming to SUR that night while telling him and his agent the opposite, that would be par for the course with them to up the drama.

I do not think that Lisa cares all that much about Scheana beyond her friendship with Pandora, as a good/loyal employee at SUR and on the VR show. In comparison to the other SUR staff/actors, Scheana is mild, clean and a good employee both on and off camera.

• Love 3

I don't mean to defend Brandi, but I don't think she's saying that she's pissed off about the original sit-down with Scheana (or however you spell it). I think she's saying that she willingly took one for the team and then resented the fact that Scheana kept getting shoved in her face at Lisa Vanderpump's various SUR-staffed events. Honestly, I don't blame Brandi for being bothered seeing Lisa V. help Scheana shop for engagement rings or whatever the f happened on VR. But I do blame Brandi for being an overly reactive drama queen who constantly plays the victim card.

I'm generally on LisaV's side about everything but wardrobe, however I do think Brandi has a point about this. And I agree with you that Brandi's complaining was more about the way Scheena keeps showing up. Lisa wasn't going to fire her over the Eddie thing. Fair enough. I wouldn't have either because it's personal (possible wrongful termination lawsuits) and you can't fire every cocktail waitress in west LA that Eddie slept with! You'd never be able to have a full staff! I'm saying...homeboy is a slut. However I didn't think Scheena had to be included in the staff for small events in private homes like Kyle's BHCC party. I do think that had I been in Lisa's position I would have dug up another semi-competent mactress to serve watered down cosmos all night. Manners people. They make the world go round.

• Love 9

I'm generally on LisaV's side about everything but wardrobe, however I do think Brandi has a point about this. And I agree with you that Brandi's complaining was more about the way Scheena keeps showing up. Lisa wasn't going to fire her over the Eddie thing. Fair enough. I wouldn't have either because it's personal (possible wrongful termination lawsuits) and you can't fire every cocktail waitress in west LA that Eddie slept with! You'd never be able to have a full staff! I'm saying...homeboy is a slut. However I didn't think Scheena had to be included in the staff for small events in private homes like Kyle's BHCC party. I do think that had I been in Lisa's position I would have dug up another semi-competent mactress to serve watered down cosmos all night. Manners people. They make the world go round.

Both Lisa and Andy have said that the other, real, producers of VR and the BH HW show are the ones that kept bringing Scheana around, not Lisa. She is listed as a  "producer" but it is an empty title for the most part and Brandi is well aware of that. LOL Scheana is a main storyline for Brandi, without it, there would be very little sympathy for her at all.  This season she has to try and win back the fans she lost in her bid to take down Lisa last season and her tried and true sympathy card has been the scorned wife that was cheated on by the "love of her life", so she is using that card again but in a new way.......to justify her attacks on Lisa last season.

• Love 6

I don't know how much I believe that. At the end of the day, Lisa could refuse. I mean, what are they going to do? Fire her? Lisa puts the "Vanderpump" in "Vanderpump Rules," so it's not likely. Yes, there is obviously producer tomfoolery on these shows, but it's also clear that the cast can ultimately speak and act of its own free will. If it were me, and producers were telling me to do something that I know would be uncomfortable for someone that I claim to love, I'd just say "no." Lisa has always been someone who cares more about the dynamic of the show than the best interests of her cast mates. I remember when paparazzi asked her post-season 1 if Kim Richards should come back to the show given her stint at rehab, Lisa replied, "Yes, she has to come back - the whole cast has to come back - this cast worked!" Or something to that effect. There was not even a pretense of concern of what might be best for Kim's sobriety or mindset. It was all about what works for the show.

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 6

I don't know how much I believe that. At the end of the day, Lisa could refuse. I mean, what are they going to do? Fire her? Lisa puts the "Vanderpump" in "Vanderpump Rules," so it's not likely. Yes, there is obviously producer tomfoolery on these shows, but it's also clear that the cast can ultimately speak and act of its own free will. If it were me, and producers were telling me to do something that I know would be uncomfortable for someone that I claim to love, I'd just say "no." Lisa has always been someone who cares more about the dynamic of the show than the best interests of her cast mates. I remember when paparazzi asked her post-season 1 if Kim Richards should come back to the show given her stint at rehab, Lisa replied, "Yes, she has to come back - the whole cast has to come back - this cast worked!" Or something to that effect. There was not even a pretense of concern of what might be best for Kim's sobriety or mindset. It was all about what works for the show.

Brandi has not refused to film with Scheana, so how about she tells the producers she refuses to film with her and allow her to jeopardize her own job. It is possible that Lisa would have lost the VR show the following season had she refused TPTB. Brandi is a big girl, if she does not want to film with someone, she can do so herself instead of forcing others to do it for her.

Kyle was asked if Kim should come back as well and she said Yes, so why should Lisa say differently, or any of the other HWs if it is Ok with her sister?  It has been reported many times that Kyle has said she is part of a package deal, no Kim.....no Kyle.

• Love 5

Your MMV, but I almost never give anyone a "production made me do it" pass. I'm not stupid, I know production is a huge piece of the puzzle, but they all go so far out of their way to proclaim how "real" and "authentic" they are. I feel free to judge them as such. They present this as their authentic thoughts and reactions so I'm going to assume they can refuse to say and do things. With consequences maybe, but that's life. I love Lisa, but I think she could have told Bravo that any of the vapid morons on her staff will stir up drama and Scheena can be left out on occasion.

• Love 2

I'm not surprised. I own pits and have been involved with animal rescue for years and that dog just didn't seem wired right. It also didn't help that Kim had zero control over it. I agree the dog should have been put down, not rehomed.

• Love 1

What is the crap she was spewing about having to move so much and keep renting because she couldn't get approved to buy a house? Somehow that was Eddie's fault, too? Honey, the reason you would not get loan approval on a home is if your credit score sucks, you have a history of not paying your bills, and/or your income does not meet the price of the home you want to purchase. If you can't buy a house and give your kids some stability, it's your fault, stop blaming  Eddie or anybody else you can think of. And if you have to rent, so what's the big deal, your landlord will renew your lease if you have been a good tenant. It still doesn't explain why you are constantly moving.

Brandi moving every year when her lease is up probably has something to do with the way she disrespects her landlord's homes from dogs crapping everywhere in the house to tearing up the walls with holes and generally not giving a crap.

• Love 5

Your MMV, but I almost never give anyone a "production made me do it" pass. I'm not stupid, I know production is a huge piece of the puzzle, but they all go so far out of their way to proclaim how "real" and "authentic" they are. I feel free to judge them as such. They present this as their authentic thoughts and reactions so I'm going to assume they can refuse to say and do things. With consequences maybe, but that's life. I love Lisa, but I think she could have told Bravo that any of the vapid morons on her staff will stir up drama and Scheena can be left out on occasion.

Why? I don't understand why she would give some diva attitude that, in the least could make her enemy of her co producers. All in fear of Brandi's feelings getting hurt by a meeting with Scheama.

Brandi is not her daughter or her sister, secondly the affair happened years ago and Brandi claims to have moved on, Brandi herself can refuse to film with the ex mistress if bothers her that much.

Brandi is just full of shit. The Scheama business is another area in which she gets to play the victim. It is as baseless as all the other shit she pulls from her ass. 

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS
  • Love 7
I know nose-jobs quite well as a Jewish-American from North Jersey/New York (terrible thing to say, but true.) - This is very funny!  And I agree with you on Mauricio.

Me, too.  Half the kids who went to my high school routinely came back to senior year after summer vacation with new noses, so I've seen more than my share.  I don't think Mauricio has had his done, both because of the way his nose looks and because of the clogged-up way he always sounds.  My husband (who has a lovely nose) had surgery as an adult for a deviated septum because he couldn't breathe and still had the same nose afterward.  One of his best friends (who had a fairly large honker) had the same surgery, but they threw in a rhinoplasty as well, which used to be a very common insurance dodge when you wanted to disguise a nose job as something medically necessary.  I'm pretty sure if Mauricio had had his nose worked on cosmetically, in the process they would've cleared up whatever has him sounding so congested.

• Love 3

I'm not surprised. I own pits and have been involved with animal rescue for years and that dog just didn't seem wired right. It also didn't help that Kim had zero control over it. I agree the dog should have been put down, not rehomed.

I hate to agree with you, but yeah. 5 bites, and it sounds like at least two required hospital visits. And she's only had the dog about 2 years? Or so? That's just extreme. If Kim had kept that dog the poor puppy would have killed someone. I say poor puppy because something was off with that dog. I'm guessing past abuse that Kim's erratic behavior didn't help. Pits aren't really violent by nature, but they are loyal and very strong. If you have one that bits that often, well you have a dangerous situation. At the very least Kingsley needs to go to a trainer and just live there. He should not be adopted out again. In the future I think Kim should treat getting a pet with the same guidelines that AA puts on a new relationship. 1 solid year of sobriety. Learn to take care of yourself first (which I think Kim did very well until about 20, and I feel bad she had to, and hasn't done again since her first marriage). I don't think she means harm, but she is not ready for the responsibility of a pet. Maybe a plant. MAYBE. But something really low maintance like a succulent. No rose gardens for Kim! Not yet.

• Love 8