Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

Lisin
  • Start Topic

Something probably happens to Wally which causes a problem between Iris and Joe.   Is Wally a regular this year?  If he doesn't keep his powers post-Flashpoint I'm not sure where they go with him.

Something probably happens to Wally which causes a problem between Iris and Joe.   Is Wally a regular this year?  If he doesn't keep his powers post-Flashpoint I'm not sure where they go with him.

If Wally does keep his powers then there has to be a catch or virtually every villain will only be a threat due to stupidity or carelessness on the part of our heroes.  To compare it to the newest CW superhero show, it would be like having Supergirl and Superman living in the same city.

• Love 1
On 10/2/2016 at 6:45 PM, Trini said:

TV Guide's Mega Buzz:

AAaack! I don't need bad news this close to the premiere!

Maybe it means it ruins the lives of Barry's parents. Both will be dead. It could also have ruined the lives of Cisco and Caitlin to an extent. Maybe Caitlin was happier in Flashpoint and Cisco was filthy rich. Or it could have messed up Joe and Wally.

A couple of trailers, with the second one (The Big Mistake trailer) teasing the return of Captain Cold. I wasn't sure if he'd show up here or on Legends of Tomorrow first, but I'm happy to see him again either way! (Oh, and Harry in his new outfit.)

Edited by kirinan
  • Love 3
On 10/2/2016 at 9:43 PM, Maverick said:

Is Wally a regular this year?

I'm pretty sure he is, but I don't know of a place to get a solid answer as to who is a regular or not.

-------------

Re: Big Mistake trailer; I'm glad Garrick Flash is going to talk some sense into Barry. And Yay! Capt. Cold!

• Love 1

I don't think that is Harry. I think it is a different version of Harrison Wells or maybe even John Chambers. On Tumblr he's being called Hatman.

So, we have Snart alive and using a regular gun. Caitlin seems to have cold powers. Cisco seems really depressed and it looks like he was going to grief support groups. Harry and Jesse were back and Jesse wanted to train.

I wonder what Barry did this time-- or I wonder what it was that Eobard did that caused things to be different. He seemed quite pleased with himself.

12 hours ago, zannej said:

I wonder what Barry did this time-- or I wonder what it was that Eobard did that caused things to be different. He seemed quite pleased with himself.

It carries more weight if it's Barry who did this.  Eobard is supposed to be evil so it's an easy way out if he deliberately created a mess Barry has to clean up - then Barry is the hero who realized his mistake and tried to fix it but was waylaid by the villain. 

Based on the dialogue from Jay and that shot of Barry looking shocked while in the speed force I wonder if he's going to try to traveling back in time (AGAIN!) to fix whatever caused the current issues.  Then Jay stops him and forces him to realize that time travel is not a reset button to be used at will and consequently Barry will have to help fix problems without a convenient cheat.

• Love 1

I wonder if the terrible mistake was asking RF to kill his mother or if it was something else.

And I really do suspect that RF did *something* to change things so they weren't back to what Barry saw as normal.

The way Eobard was acting it made me think of when someone puts salt or something in a friend's drink and is waiting for them to figure it out.

Edited by zannej
  • Love 1

Episode 4 description:

"The New Rogues"

WENTWORTH MILLER RETURNS AS CAPTAIN COLD; MIRROR MASTER AND THE TOP BATTLE WITH THE FLASH -

Barry (Grant Gustin) continues to train Jesse (guest star Violett Beane) and when a new meta human, Mirror Master (guest star Grey Damon), appears on the scene he lets her tag along. Mirror Master has teamed up with his old partner, Top (guest star Ashley Rickards), and is looking for Snart (Wentworth Miller) to even a score. Jesse is quick to join the chase but defies one of Barry's orders which results in disastrous consequences.

Stefan Pleszczynski directed the episode written by Benjamin Raab & Deric A. Hughes (#304). Original airdate 10/25/2016.

Jesse is quick ...

I see what you did there, marketing dept.  :)

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Trini said:

"The New Rogues"

WENTWORTH MILLER RETURNS AS CAPTAIN COLD; MIRROR MASTER AND THE TOP BATTLE WITH THE FLASH -

Barry (Grant Gustin) continues to train Jesse (guest star Violett Beane) and when a new meta human, Mirror Master (guest star Grey Damon), appears on the scene he lets her tag along. Mirror Master has teamed up with his old partner, Top (guest star Ashley Rickards), and is looking for Snart (Wentworth Miller) to even a score. Jesse is quick to join the chase but defies one of Barry's orders which results in disastrous consequences.

Stefan Pleszczynski directed the episode written by Benjamin Raab & Deric A. Hughes (#304). Original airdate 10/25/2016.

YAY! Finally, Captain Cold returns! Marking this one on the calendar. Thanks, Trini!

So I'm guessing that moment in the trailer I mentioned above, the one where Cold has a gun on someone's face has to do with the score-evening. Interesting setup. I wonder if Barry helps him or otherwise...

• Love 2
On 10/6/2016 at 3:09 PM, zannej said:

I wonder if the terrible mistake was asking RF to kill his mother or if it was something else.

I think the terrible mistake was going back in time to save his mother and altering everyone's lives.  I don't even think RF did anything else - he wouldn't have to.  Unless things happened EXACTLY the way they did in the original timeline, then things could have been altered.  Time is persnickety - Barry going back to see Wells in S2 caused some ripple effects - apparently even the "fix" of RF going back to kill Nora caused even worse ripple effects.

This kinda follows the comics too - in the comics, after Flashpoint and after the timeline is restored, all of the universes merge into one and we get the New 52, so I think this is the show's version of that... It's still The Flash, but it's altered slightly:  new Tom Felton character, a weirdly happy Wells, Jesse with powers, Caitlin with cold powers, Iris and Joe estranged... and who knows what else - we haven't even touched on the changes that will happen on other shows like Arrow, Supergirl, LOT.

• Love 1

we haven't even touched on the changes that will happen on other shows like Arrow, Supergirl, LOT.

From what I understand, Supergirl is free from the effect of Flashpoint since it is in a different universe.  LoT might also side slip changes (unless something with Cold ripples over) since they are out of time and space a lot of times anyway.  So I'm expecting for them, no changes except for probably thinking the changes that happen on the Flash and Arrow are normal.

On Arrow they've said the changes affect Diggle in a personal way and Felicity to some extent (but that could just be what she learns from Barry perhaps).   Pretty certain the Diggle thing will be

Spoiler

swapping out his daughter, Sara for a son, Connor, that will eventually take up the mask of the Green Arrow.  Pretty pissed about that. 

BkWorm, I hope you're wrong about the stuff for Diggle. That would just suck for them to do that.

I still wonder how much time lapsed for RF between the time he got out, whisked Barry away, killed Nora, and returned Barry to his porch and told him to have fun finding out about the changes. I also wonder if he stocked up on burgers and curly fries before heading back to the future. I was noting that someone transcribed the news article about the red skies from the 2024 paper and it said something about how Flash and RF had a conversation that no one could hear and then both ran off and disappeared. I wonder what the conversation was.

I also wonder which iteration of Eobard will be on LoT. Will it be the one who posed as Wells all those years and actually made it home? Or is it one prior to that and the events in LoT only add to his hatred of Barry? Or is it the version that we saw in Flashpoint?

It still is odd that RF knew about what would happen from changing the timeline so I'm guessing he had made changes before and either undid them or decided to let some things stay changed and maybe kept a journal of what he remembered before so he could read about it later? My guess is the former, but he seems organized enough that he may have kept a journal.

Also, the laughing Harrison Wells is NOT Harry. I think they pretty much established that in at least one of the interviews. He's a completely different character.

Edited by zannej
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, zannej said:

I also wonder which iteration of Eobard will be on LoT. Will it be the one who posed as Wells all those years and actually made it home? Or is it one prior to that and the events in LoT only add to his hatred of Barry? Or is it the version that we saw in Flashpoint?

Also, the laughing Harrison Wells is NOT Harry. I think they pretty much established that in at least one of the interviews. He's a completely different character.

Very interesting, that. I have to admit, I would love to see Harry again, especially if he's cheered up a bit, but I'll take Tom any way we can get him. He's just that good. That 'Greetings Earthlings' line in the trailer really freaked me out for a moment there as I thought he was possessed by Zoom or something.

Looking forward to seeing Jesse again, too. 

(Taking the discussion on Eobard to the character thread!)

• Love 1

We will see Harry again next episode. We will also see the laughing Hatman version as well. Not sure what is going on with that though.

I wonder what Jesse's costume will look like. She can ask Cisco to make one for her. It can't be a "sexy" one though because Cisco would be afraid of what Harry would do to him for that. LOL.

On 10/13/2016 at 11:06 AM, Twilight Man said:

Yeah, that's Frankie Kane, AKA Magenta.

In the comics, she was Wally's ex-girlfriend turned supervillianess.

(Don't you hate it when that happens).

Here's the trailer showing brief snippets of her and Jesse Quick.

Yeah. I remember her from the comics. I think it was Teen Titans or New Teen Titans or Tales of the Teen Titans (one of those) where Wally had to convince her he still loved her to calm her down. I read it a loooong time ago so my memory on it is vague.

Edited by zannej
typo

EW Spoiler Room:

I know you want Killer Frost scoop, but will you take scoop on her icy relationship with her mom, who we’ll soon meet? “You’ve heard snippets throughout the show so far of how her mom is pretty cold,” EP Todd Helbing says. “When you meet her, you’ll understand exactly what Caitlin has been talking about and exactly how their dynamic works. You can see how that’s had a long-term effect on Caitlin.”

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Twilight Man said:

So, first they started with New Teen Titans,

but then around issue #45 they changed the name to Tales of The Teen Titans

and they began a second comic which they also called New Teen Titans

and then around issue #50 that became New Titans and ............. on no, I've gone cross-eyed.

Thanks. I collected the comics and have them in boxes in my closet right now. I started collecting in the early 90s and got a ton of backissues and some of the trade paperback compilations. Titans got pretty crazy.

It will be interesting to see how the show deals with the Magenta character. I do hope they will bring Linda back at some point.

On October 10, 2016 at 11:18 PM, zannej said:

We will see Harry again next episode. We will also see the laughing Hatman version as well. Not sure what is going on with that though.

I wonder what Jesse's costume will look like. She can ask Cisco to make one for her. It can't be a "sexy" one though because Cisco would be afraid of what Harry would do to him for that. LOL.

There aren't two versions of Wells. Just the one from E2. 

16 hours ago, Proteus said:

There aren't two versions of Wells. Just the one from E2. 

I'm too tired to go find the link right now, but Tom Cavanagh said that he's playing different versions. That guy with the hat was not Earth2 Wells. I'm guessing he's just a brief visitor though. So, there are multiple versions of Wells from different universes. We are going to get Harry and Hatman this season.

2 hours ago, zannej said:

I'm too tired to go find the link right now, but Tom Cavanagh said that he's playing different versions. That guy with the hat was not Earth2 Wells. I'm guessing he's just a brief visitor though. So, there are multiple versions of Wells from different universes. We are going to get Harry and Hatman this season.

But shouldn't there also be a Wells from the current timeline who should also be slightly different because he wasn't killed along with Tess by Reverse Flash (or did that event still happen ?).  To quote Captain Janeway from Star Trek: Voyager about time travel "it all gives me a headache".

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 1

It depends. In the original (as in opening of the series) timeline Thawne killed Nora, was stuck, killed Wells and his wife and disguised himself as Wells to build the particle accelerator and make Barry the Flash. Then Eddie killed himself and Thawne was supposed to be wiped from existence. Yet Barry was still able to go back in time and stop Thawne (who technically shouldn't have existed anymore) from killing his mom, before later changing his mind. So they are in a world where Thawne shouldn't exist and who never killed Harrison Wells, which means Harrison Wells of their Earth should still be alive. For that matter Barry shouldn't be the Flash yet, since without Thawne to build the accelerator early Barry isn't supposed to have his powers until later. And now I have to go lay down because I'm given myself a headache.

Edited by KirkB
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, zannej said:

Actually, I believe he said the opposite. He's only playing the one version of Wells that we already know from E2. That doesn't make much sense that they're would be two different versions of Wells on next weeks episode. The one through the portal comes with his daughter Jesse.

Episode 5 description:

"Monster"

CAITLIN CALLS ON HER MOTHER FOR HELP WITH HER GROWING META POWERS -

Desperate to understand what is happening to her, Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker) visits her mother, Dr. Tannhauser (guest star Susan Walters), a renowned biomedical researcher, in the hopes that her mother can provide some answers about Caitlin's growing meta-human powers. However, when Dr. Tannhauser treats her daughter like a test subject, Caitlin grows cold and brings up past wounds causing the two to have a major blowout. Meanwhile, after a mysterious new meta-human attacks Central City, Barry (Grant Gustin) tries to convince Julian (Tom Felton) to let him assist on the case.

Kim Miles directed the episode written by Zack Stentz (#305). Original airdate 11/1/2016.

• Love 1
On 10/15/2016 at 7:25 PM, Proteus said:

Actually, I believe he said the opposite. He's only playing the one version of Wells that we already know from E2. That doesn't make much sense that they're would be two different versions of Wells on next weeks episode. The one through the portal comes with his daughter Jesse.

I wasn't sure if I trusted my memory, so I asked politeandnotgay over on Tumblr to make sure I wasn't just cray cray and she gave me the links and quotes.

In his recent Variety interview, Tom said: “I get to invent a number of iterations of them. I believe this will be my fifth one, and it is a privilege.”

Grant said: “Tom Cavanagh is playing a new version of Wells which has presented an opportunity for a lot of comedy, more so than in the past.”

Todd Helbing said: “It’s real exciting for us any time we get Tom Cavanagh to play multiple versions of the same character, so to have Harry come back with Jesse and then to have him play a new version of Wells [was exciting]. There’s a very funny scene – I’m not going to go into any detail with it – but there’s a very funny scene in episode 4 where you really get to see Tom kind of go crazy. It’s awesome. And ultimately, the new Wells that joins our team is so unlike any of the other Harrison Wells that we’ve had on our show.”

Edited by zannej
1 hour ago, Proteus said:

Thanks for the info.

All credit goes to politeandnotgay for sharing that with me. She's pretty cool. I had not realized that a new version of Wells was joining the team (had not read that interview), so I learned something new from it. That should be interesting. I hope that Harry will still pop in from time to time. Even though I don't want them to drag Cisco's grief out too long for show purposes (I know it can take a very long time to recover-- I'm still not over the death of a loved one from 7 years ago), I would like to see Harry realize something is wrong and talk to Cisco.

Promo for 3x04

Harry beating Cisco to the name and "Boom" and Iris with the "Do these pants make my butt look big?" line. LOL!

Not liking the ponytail on Jesse though. Barry's pose as he waves his funny.

• Love 2

I like Barry's costume the way it is. Jesse's is clearly a slightly modified version of Trajectory's costume. It's fine, but I kinda dislike the mask and I am not a fan of that hairstyle. I have never been a fan of ponytails as part of superhero costumes. Completely impractical. They make nice handles for villains, or they can get caught on stuff. I still remember a story about a woman who got her ponytail caught in a machine. Spoiler tags in case it is too gory for anyone.

Spoiler

It pulled so hard that it ripped her scalp off- eyebrows and all.

I know they wouldn't actually do that on this show and there are a lot of unrealistic things, but I just don't like the look. I wish the mask covered more and looked like it was secured better.

They could put her hair in a bun and use a lightning bolt hairpin/stick or something that could be used as a weapon or tool.

• Love 1

So, the Mirror Master thing where he travels through mirrors has me laughing because Tom Cavanagh did a couple of movies (Snow and Snow 2) where he could travel through mirrors-- although he had a bag of magic snow from the north pole that he had to throw on the mirror first.

• Love 1
On 10/19/2016 at 7:51 PM, Trini said:

It's weird that they don't have Captain Cold - a fan favorite - in the promo.

I'm completely baffled by the promo choices for Arrow and Flash this season.

See, also, not putting fan favorite Deadshot in the promo for Arrow's last episode - while also telling fans the day before that Deadshot would be in it, spoiling the surprise.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, quarks said:

I'm completely baffled by the promo choices for Arrow and Flash this season.

See, also, not putting fan favorite Deadshot in the promo for Arrow's last episode - while also telling fans the day before that Deadshot would be in it, spoiling the surprise.

You would think they would promote Cold considering what happened to him on Legends last season. I know they assume if you watch one show, you watch all three but I would be kinda ticked if I only watch Legends and found out one character was appearing and no one promoted it. I don't watch all three (I'm not a fan of Arrow, but I read the forums so I know what's going on). 

If it was supposed to be a surprise, I wish they had keep him out of the promo pictures. But I guess we can't have it all.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, SnoGirl said:

If it was supposed to be a surprise, I wish they had keep him out of the promo pictures. But I guess we can't have it all.

I don't think his appearance is supposed to be a surprise; the episode press release has "Wentworth Miller Returns".

• Love 2

So, I saw the set photos of Mark Hamill and John Wesley Shipp. But Hamill had white makeup to make him look paler and purple hair. So, I wonder if he's from Earth 3. I also wonder if Hatman Harrison Wells is from Earth 3.