Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

Lisin
  • Start Topic

On 11/29/2017 at 7:24 PM, legaleagle53 said:

I'm honestly surprised that Ralph's costume doesn't reveal his package in a way that leaves very little to the imagination. I mean, could it be any tighter?

That’s ultra hightech pecker-hiding technology right there, that’s why the writing budget for the crossover was slashed and they were  merely instructed to just go “Reeeeee Trumpnazis virtue signalinging reeeeeeeeeee hot lesbo/gayboy action”.

Seriously fuck this show anymore.

7 hours ago, SodaforceMaster said:

That’s ultra hightech pecker-hiding technology right there, that’s why the writing budget for the crossover was slashed and they were  merely instructed to just go “Reeeeee Trumpnazis virtue signalinging reeeeeeeeeee hot lesbo/gayboy action”.

Seriously fuck this show anymore.

I'm sensing that you didn't like the crossover.

• Love 1

So, ahead of tonight's midseason finale, if the episode doesn't acknowledge Barry/Iris' supposed honeymoon and people start assuming they just never got one, here's a deleted scene for the episode that does show them on their honeymoon before it gets interrupted.

Thanks, Ralph. At least Iris got to wring him out for disrupting their honeymoon. I also can't help but laugh at Grant's facial expression as Barry when Iris moves in on Ralph. I kind of love how angry she gets. 

• Love 6

Damn it, Barry. I have enough problems with you already, and now you're keeping Iris from punching Ralph??????

Also, because I'm beginning to think it can't be said enough, I hate Ralph. When can we get rid of him and get Wally back?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

So, ahead of tonight's midseason finale, if the episode doesn't acknowledge Barry/Iris' supposed honeymoon and people start assuming they just never got one, here's a deleted scene for the episode that does show them on their honeymoon before it gets interrupted.

Thanks, Ralph. At least Iris got to wring him out for disrupting their honeymoon. I also can't help but laugh at Grant's facial expression as Barry when Iris moves in on Ralph. I kind of love how angry she gets. 

Haaa! Well that was great! So, OF COURSE it's a deleted scene.

Feeling a bit proud of the fact that I predicted Trial of the Flash was the Thinker's plan and he'd frame him for his own murder, so I'm gonna go ahead and see if I can keep my winning streak alive, lol.

I bet that Dawn Allen (and maybe her brother too) will play a key role in getting her dad acquitted. I think she'll be the one who eventually helps to clear his name and that the Thinker can't plan for other speedsters coming back from the future to affect this.

I also think that Iris really is going to be pregnant by the end of the season now. This was the first Christmas episode that ended in a cliffhanger, so I bet that this will be the first season finale that ends in a happy ending, with them finding out Iris is having twins (Barry's diapers line, hello!). Then the babies can be born on The Flash's 100th episode next year! Perfect.

As for the line, this house is bitchin, wow, they REALLY don't want us to forget about that. It has to be Bart, imo. 

• Love 1

They released the title for episode 15, called Enter Flashtime.

They skipped over episode 14, like they skipped over 10. So I'm guessing here, but is it likely that episode 10's called Trial of the Flash and episode 14 is something like Acquittal of the Flash? Lol. Just flat spoilers, probably.

So, something occurs to me. If a bit part of the Trail of the Flash stuff is Barry admitting he`s the Flash, we`re still saying that his secret identity is a secret right? Are you telling me that no one put together the fact that, at Barry's wedding, a band of evil Nazi supervillains attacked, and half the guests immediately started beating the crap out of them with superpowers and shit? And one guy in a tux was zipping around super fast? Did no one put two and two together? "Barry's wedding, which was filled with superheroes, was attacked by supervillains...and a few weeks ago Barry was screaming I`M THE FLASH" at the top of his lungs all night...omg...JOE WEST IS THE FLASH!!!". 

• Love 2
On 12/5/2017 at 11:36 AM, Lady Calypso said:

That was the funniest thing I've seen this week.  I loved the expressions on both Barry and Iris's faces.  You could see that Barry wanted to kill Ralph as much as Iris did for interrupting their honeymoon -- and Ralph's look of terror when he realized how much trouble he was in was just as priceless!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

So, something occurs to me. If a bit part of the Trail of the Flash stuff is Barry admitting he`s the Flash, we`re still saying that his secret identity is a secret right? Are you telling me that no one put together the fact that, at Barry's wedding, a band of evil Nazi supervillains attacked, and half the guests immediately started beating the crap out of them with superpowers and shit? And one guy in a tux was zipping around super fast? Did no one put two and two together? "Barry's wedding, which was filled with superheroes, was attacked by supervillains...and a few weeks ago Barry was screaming I`M THE FLASH" at the top of his lungs all night...omg...JOE WEST IS THE FLASH!!!". 

Well, I still maintain that Singh knows, but he's keeping quiet as a favor. :)
But in the Part 1 of the crossover, Mick said he wiped the memories of the wedding guests, so at least that incident can't be used as evidence.

----

Before Iris gets pregnant (not soon, I hope), I'd like it if Barry and Iris had a conversation about children and how his powers and superhero lifestyle would affect them.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Trini said:

Well, I still maintain that Singh knows, but he's keeping quiet as a favor. :)
But in the Part 1 of the crossover, Mick said he wiped the memories of the wedding guests, so at least that incident can't be used as evidence.

And Kara's identity as Supergirl would have been safe in any event, since nobody on Earth-1 outside of the wedding party had ever even heard of Supergirl.

18 minutes ago, legaleagle53 said:

And Kara's identity as Supergirl would have been safe in any event, since nobody on Earth-1 outside of the wedding party had ever even heard of Supergirl.

Not entirely true -- lots of people would have seen her battling the Dominators last year, and the Earth-1 U.S. president honored her for it along with the other superheroes. It's her identity as Kara Danvers that no one there has ever heard of.

• Love 1
On 12/7/2017 at 5:57 PM, Trini said:

Episode 4.10 is "Return" according to the label CW put on the promo.

Welp, they changed the label: it's "The Trial Of The Flash" now.

I really hope the trial isn't just one episode.

It will be, I bet. He'll be convicted at the end, in jail for two episodes, and somehow get out in 4x13. And since they also skipped over releasing the title of 4x14, I'm guessing it's another spoiler, something like "Acquittal of the Flash," or "The Flash is Released" or something.

• Love 1

Well, if he's convicted and in prison for a few episodes before being released, then this story arc is already longer than Flashpoint, which was a single episode. Personally, I don't think he can be hanging around in prison much longer than a couple eps, that puts The Flash out of the action for too long for a significant amount of time as it is.

3 hours ago, Trini said:

Wentworth Miller, at a German comic-con, said that he's filming a Flash episode in January. So Leo(?) might be back in episode 15, 16, or 17.

That makes sense.  Just because he's done with playing Leo/Captain Cold on Legends, that doesn't mean that he wouldn't be open to doing occasional guest shots on the other Berlantiverse shows.

Bustle snagged an interview with Jessica Parker Kennedy (the waitress that talked with Barry in the crossover):

“I’ll be around,” Kennedy teases, speaking over the phone in early December. “You’ll see me at least one more time, I can tell you that." And promisingly, she indicates that her next appearance will perhaps provide some answers. "You’ll see me again on the show and things will make more sense," the actor says.

According to the actor, by the time we speak [sic], she had only filmed two episodes. The first was one episode of Supergirl, which was technically the first episode of the crossover event. The second is one episode of The Flash, which will come at some point in the second half of the season.

“No, it’s really funny,” she says. “They have me listed as ‘Mystery Girl’ and I just hang out as Mystery Girl on set. Even [the costume department] are like, ‘Who are you?’ And I’m like: ‘I am Mystery Girl.’ It’s been a very secretive mission and it’s been fun to be a part of."

'I’ve had to be secretive before about parts, but nothing like this,” she explains. “It’s been really hard, because I can’t even talk about it on set really, so I wanna wear sunglasses everywhere I go. Because on set, all the other actors are like, ‘Who are you? What’s going on? What character are you?’ And I just have to be like … 'I don’t know!'”

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, SevenStars said:

This makes me wonder if she is really Dawn? Cause the writers are going the extra mile to keep her identity secret when it seems like most people already believe she is dawn. 

I think she is. The fact that most fans think she's Dawn is a total guess, based on nothing too specific laid out in her one scene, just the fact that she looks like Barry and Iris. And there are those who think she's a further descendant as well, so there's some possibility of it being someone else.

But I really believe she's Dawn and they want it to be a big surprise moment when it's eventually revealed. In fact, I would bet that when she returns they still will not confirm her identity, she'll just be a mysterious stranger helping them. Maybe they'll let the audience in on it, but she's probably not supposed to tell her parents who she is, because she might jeopardize her own existence (Back to the Future style).

Also, if they want to have Iris be pregnant in the season finale (another thing that's just a guess, but likely, imo), maybe they don't want to have them realize Dawn's identity until this happens. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, ruby24 said:

I think she is. The fact that most fans think she's Dawn is a total guess, based on nothing too specific laid out in her one scene, just the fact that she looks like Barry and Iris. And there are those who think she's a further descendant as well, so there's some possibility of it being someone else.

True. Also most "twists" and "mysteries" are for general viewers not people who analyse storylines and spoilers, e.g. there were people who were shocked by the double wedding recently, even though we've openly been discussing it for weeks and things like the Wells/Jay/Savitar reveals weren't exactly shockers either, but were for some.

I hope they don't make Iris pregnant this season, we've still got several seasons of this show left so there's time and I don't want her regulated to "mommy" scenes just yet or always having the babies off screen with Cecile (and we have enough potential baby storyline drama for now with her). Time travel provides the perfect excuse to have the Tornado Twins (and Bart of XS) etc show up without having to deal with babies for a couples of seasons yet. They've just got married in early S4, they can afford to pace things out a bit. And Barry would also have to consider whether he can still be the Flash as a father which would end up a rehash of what Oliver is going through right now. 

Edited by Featherhat
  • Love 1
On December 15, 2017 at 7:01 PM, legaleagle53 said:

That makes sense.  Just because he's done with playing Leo/Captain Cold on Legends, that doesn't mean that he wouldn't be open to doing occasional guest shots on the other Berlantiverse shows.

WM's post about being done playing Captain Cold was about both Legends and Flash. His appearence in an upcoming Flash episode is apart of his current filming he referred to as his last.

4.10 synopsis is out:

BARRY FIGHTS FOR HIS LIFE — As Barry’s (Grant Gustin) trial for the murder of Clifford DeVoe begins, Iris (Candice Patton) and Joe (Jesse L. Martin) must decide how far they are willing to go to keep Barry out of prison.

Philip Chipera directed the episode written by Lauren Certo & Kristen Kim

(#410).  Original airdate 1/16/2018.

These two wrote "Girl's Night Out", BTW. Kim is the new writer.

Looking forward to Iris/Joe scenes; even though we know Iris and Joe are the least likely of the team to cross a line to keep Barry from prison.

Edited by Trini
9 hours ago, Trini said:

Looking forward to Iris/Joe scenes; even though we know Iris and Joe are the least likely of the team to cross a line to keep Barry from prison.

Just because Iris wasn't willing to risk the universe to get Barry back doesn't mean she won't cross some lines to keep him out of prison.  While it might not be directly relevant to this situation, let's remember that of all the main cast excepting maybe Wells, Joe and Iris are the only ones who have directly, willfully taken lives.

5 hours ago, johntfs said:

Just because Iris wasn't willing to risk the universe to get Barry back doesn't mean she won't cross some lines to keep him out of prison.  While it might not be directly relevant to this situation, let's remember that of all the main cast excepting maybe Wells, Joe and Iris are the only ones who have directly, willfully taken lives.

And both with good reason to do so, don't forget.

4 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

And both with good reason to do so, don't forget.

Sure, but the point remains that Joe and Iris have deliberately taken others' lives, which not even Killer Frost has done.  So the idea that they might balk at some other line when they're trying to save Barry's life comes into question.

23 hours ago, Trini said:

It's not a life-or-death situation (yet?); so I still stand by my comment.

That's fine.  My main point is that they're willing to kill to protect others, so they're probably willing to do lesser things to protect/free Barry (like fake/remove evidence, etc.).

On 12/29/2017 at 1:08 PM, johntfs said:

Sure, but the point remains that Joe and Iris have deliberately taken others' lives, which not even Killer Frost has done.  So the idea that they might balk at some other line when they're trying to save Barry's life comes into question.

Well, Iris (Savitar) and Joe (Mardon; The Rival from FP) killed people in defense of others which is an actual legal defense (or willing to protect, like you mentioned). Killer Frost has never killed anyone, but she was an accomplice to murder (HR), and it seems the show likes to forget that part. Wells on the other hand killed Turtle in cold blood, and he was not trying to harm anyone at that very moment (Wells woke him up to kill him). The show really glossed over that fact. Probably in the same way that they keep claiming that Barry has never killed anyone, when he has actually killed 2 or 3 metas (Atom Smasher, Sandman, and I think he killed Tar Pit). 

• Love 5

Spoilers say that Devoe isn't trying to destroy Barry but rather needs something from him.  Way back in the first season, ThawneWells made a diary entry commenting how Barry's brain was rewiring to be able to learn/comprehend/absorb information faster to keep up with him speed.  I wonder if his enhanced ability to process information will play into Devoe's needs. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Maverick said:

Spoilers say that Devoe isn't trying to destroy Barry but rather needs something from him.  Way back in the first season, ThawneWells made a diary entry commenting how Barry's brain was rewiring to be able to learn/comprehend/absorb information faster to keep up with him speed.  I wonder if his enhanced ability to process information will play into Devoe's needs. 

Interesting thought. I don't know, but I doubt it. So far the show has told us that Barry can only use that faster processing speed for short-term memory. Although, they could rewrite his ability. I actually think Devoe's enlightenment is about the role of free choice and access to infinite knowledge. 

I'm really interested in seeing if Devoe will actually be able to use Dominic's power and if Dominic is dead or simply unable to control his body but is somehow asleep in his own body. Really looking forward to this storyline!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Maverick said:

Is this a recent spoiler? Because I think this has been fulfilled with DeVoe using Barry to release the dark matter to make the metahumans. (Which still makes no sense, but WHATEVER, show.) Other than that, I'm not sure what else he would need from him since he did the body swap with Dominic.

--

Ugh, I just realized that they can have the trial last one episode (SIGH) by saying most of it happened over the 'hiatus' -- which is still way too fast for an actual murder trial, but it's TV. I mean, they always need filler for the middle of the season, and this trial is something that can be believably drawn out.

----

New promo with new footage is out; and I guess we know what line Joe is willing to cross now:

Oh, Joe. ?

Edited by Trini
3 hours ago, tofutan said:

Does anybody know which episode they are currently shooting for/will start shooting for now in January? 

They shot 4 or 5 days of 4x14 before the break, so they should be finishing 4x14 this week and starting 4x15 next week. 

Edited by Kate45
10 hours ago, Trini said:

One of the few times I disagree with the fashion choices: it's too early for Iris to be in the "sexy widow" look, and Cecile should be dressed more formal for court.

I'm fine with Iris' outfit, but I totally agree about Cecile's outfit. The outfit would be almost okay if she had on a jacket. Typically, an attorney will be dressed in a formal manner as to not upset the judge and the jury. 

• Love 2

3.11 episode description:

"The Elongated Knight Rises"

THE RISE OF THE HERO - When a familiar villain returns to terrorize Central City, Ralph (guest star Hartley Sawyer) must rise up to defend the innocent while Barry (Grant Gustin) is detained by his trial. Meanwhile, Barry searches for the strength to keep his optimism alive in the face of his new circumstances.

Alexandra La Roche directed the episode written by Sterling Gates & Thomas Pound

---

They use the word "trial" here, but Barry must be in prison by then. Ughhhhh - only one episode of the trial, come on, show. I just wonder if he'll end up in 'regular' prison or metahuman prison? I mean supposedly Central City hospitals were testing for metahuman DNA last season, do law enforcement/correction facilities do the same?

And of course Wally and Cisco should be the ones stepping back up while Barry's detained; but it's going to be Ralph - double UGH.

---

Which "familiar villain" is coming back?

Edited by Trini
  • Love 2

Interview with network president Pedowitz confirms that Wally is showing up on Legends, but (of course) he won't say if he's moving permanently.

MP: <snip>... but you might see Wally West show up on Legends.

Kay-B: So will Wally West be a permanent fixture on Legends?

MP: I can’t answer that, you’ll have to watch (laughs)!

Kay-B: You know I will, I just confessed my obsession with The Flash to you! With respect to Wally West, for a lot of people in this generation, comic book Wally West is the only Flash that they know, not Barry Allen, so I have been wanting them to utilize him more, since he is a great character and actor.

MP: You’ll see it.

• Love 2

First of all, Happy new year everyone!

On 12/24/2017 at 5:00 PM, doram said:

Every show should look to One Tree Hill as an example of how to bring babies and children into a show and not ruin it. 

If I may ask, how did they handle it? I never watched OTH so I'm curious. (I think that was the show where they had a sable married couple, or am I confusing it with something else?)

About the new synopsis, couldn't it be that the trial is ongoing over say 2-3 episodes, but they deny Barry bail so he can't go home? Even if Barry is convicted I doubt the show would let that stand, so they would have to go back to court eventually for a retrial. I think this storyline will take us at least to episode 13 (whether that's just the trial or trail + possible jail time). Up until the end of filming before the winter break Grant had that beard, but for filming this week (they started episode 14 before they went on Holiday break I think ) he's clean shaven again so it might be over.

On the other hand it looks like the actress that plays the women with all that luck in ep 3 is filming again, and she went to jail, didn't she? So who knows. I think we'll start seeing the faces of all those 4A meta's again, but we also have like 7 new ones to go right? So far we have, Kilg%re, Luck, Dibny, The guy with the tears, the Black Bison. And I think there were 12 in total?

I hope 2018 is treating everyone well!

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, RedVitC said:

About the new synopsis, couldn't it be that the trial is ongoing over say 2-3 episodes, but they deny Barry bail so he can't go home? Even if Barry is convicted I doubt the show would let that stand, so they would have to go back to court eventually for a retrial. I think this storyline will take us at least to episode 13 (whether that's just the trial or trail + possible jail time). Up until the end of filming before the winter break Grant had that beard, but for filming this week (they started episode 14 before they went on Holiday break I think ) he's clean shaven again so it might be over.

I really hope the trial lasts 2-3 episodes, but to me it doesn't look like it. And of course Barry isn't going to stay in prison for too long, but on the other hand, it'll be a waste if this arc is too short.

6 minutes ago, Trini said:

I really hope the trial lasts 2-3 episodes, but to me it doesn't look like it. And of course Barry isn't going to stay in prison for too long, but on the other hand, it'll be a waste if this arc is too short.

I don't know, even if Barry is convicted at the end of episode 10, to get out of prison he's going to have to go to trial again so the trial won't really be over. Maybe during his time in prison (if that's what happens) they find new evidence. The show will want to have him legally cleared and found innocent, not just out of prison. That does bring me to the question of how they'll clear Barry's name, since I doubt they'll catch Devoe by episode 13 or whenever the prison plot is over, him being the big bad and all.   

• Love 1