Type keyword(s) to search

Mob Wives - General Discussion

• Start Topic

She's the only reason I ever watched this bullshit. She just seems like such a nice woman. I remember her bonding with George Hamilton on Wife Swap, he seemed to really like her.

I hope that show was scripted and her kids don't really treat her that badly.

It looks bad but she's a fighter. Hopefully she can kick ass again.

Edited by Maharincess

So sad :(    I know someone that knows her personally. 

Last night was so confusing with all of the reports that I was hoping it wasn't true.  Seems like it was so fast.  It will be hard to watch the rest of the episodes for this season.

• Love 3

I got into Mob Wives because of my Dad. He watches very few current shows. Up to season 3, I would go and watch it with him at his house. After two episodes of MW: Chicago, I was out. I just came back for the last season. My Dad doesn't understand reality tv, and has started this season to suspect that it's not real. I explained that it's probably not totally real, and the ladies are told what's going to happen/what they need to do, and the rest is real.

More than anything, Ang brought realness to the show and to us, long before the cancer. After she was diagnosed and up until the end, she awed us with how she fought, and she also made cancer real to us. The title of this thread is perfect Ang, as is her quote

RIP, Big Ang!! Thanks for the good times!! <3

• Love 4

Very sad about Ang, she made this show. I wonder if they'll edit some of her scenes the rest of the season. I also wonder if her an Neil made amends before she died.

Here we go again with crazy Drita and Karen

I don't know if any of these beefs are real, but if Ang's death does anything, it should put things into perspective.  Especially for Drita, showing up at Lee's beck and call to fight some random woman about a parking space.  In the end, does a parking space matter?  Does some stupid fight matter?  Does physically assaulting someone and risking going to jail matter?  You have two daughters, that is what matters, not fighting some stranger at the behest of your asshole husband.

• Love 6

I don't know if any of these beefs are real, but if Ang's death does anything, it should put things into perspective.  Especially for Drita, showing up at Lee's beck and call to fight some random woman about a parking space.  In the end, does a parking space matter?  Does some stupid fight matter?  Does physically assaulting someone and risking going to jail matter?  You have two daughters, that is what matters, not fighting some stranger at the behest of your asshole husband.

Could not agree more.  

• Love 1

I just binge watched this whole season in homage to Big Ang...Honestly didn't catch The brunette was a cokehead...Marisa? Mellisa? I gues it says something that I can't remember her name. Drita has grated from almost episode one. Her BS about them being fake because they realize they all have to work together and be civil is so stupid. Add on that her egging Britney on at the sit down, it was really messy and I thought she was the one with the most sense. /small voice....I liked Karen this season.

• Love 1

I cannot stand Marissa but she actually wanted to talk to Brittany and Brittany just wanted to fight. More camera time for B? I guess we'll see how that pans out. Marissa's outfit was pretty ridiculous. I love Ang but I did not like that she was shit stirring this episode between those two

I don't think Marissa just came there to talk, the way she was talking, in that condescending and patronizing tone seemed like she was begging for a fight.  She just didn't want to be the one to actually say anything.  I think she is the sort of girl that would wear that silly ass outfit just to fight because she is on TV and she wants to look like a star at all times.  She might be just a little more parched than Brittany, but its so hard to tell since I think both of them are phonies of the highest order. 

And why was Brittany wearing a torn shirt in her scene with Karen?  Was she planning to fight again?  Or were those tears intentional?  Tears in a shirt don't look cool, they just make you look like you don't have decent clothing at home.  One of the holes was right next to her bra too....SMDH.

I think Karen just has an annoying demeanor, but she actually makes sense a lot of the time.  She had a point about how she asked Karen to respect her by not being mean to Brittany and Renee did that.  She asked the same respect from Brittany in not fighting Marissa.  As for Drita, girl bye, I don't think I watched the first episode where Drita choked someone, so I didn't see it, but Drita is Queen of talking a lot of shit and doing nothing.  I get where drita is coming from, its hard when you're upset and people keep invalidating that feeling.  At the same time, I think Drita should have told brittany from the jump that there wasn't going to be a meaningful fight with security all around, so if she really wanted to fight, she should wait for it to happen when they weren't filming and bring a camcorder to show everyone.

Wow....the end of the episode.....so very sad, especially in retrospect.  

And listen to Karen....someone getting it.  This should put things into perspective for all of them.  I doubt it will, but it really should.  But, I suppose the show much go on.

Wow....the end of the episode.....so very sad, especially in retrospect.  

And listen to Karen....someone getting it.  This should put things into perspective for all of them.  I doubt it will, but it really should.  But, I suppose the show much go on.

My cold, cold heart thawed a little when I heard Big Ang had passed. I sat here and cried for a woman I had never met but who brought me smiles and laughs and a great deal of respect for her. I will , truly, miss her. RIP Angel. You will be missed.

I shed a few tears myself when  I heard the news.   Watched very little of this season because it wasn't very good.  I channel surfed last night only to see the scene when Big Ang and Neil are at the doctor's office receiving news that Ang's cancer has most likely returned and Ang saying she would rather die than go through another surgery.  OY  :(   RIP Big Ang.  You were the best thing on this sinking ship of a reality show.

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 5

http://tamaratattles.com/2016/02/21/karen-gravano-and-brittany-fogarty-banned-from-all-big-ang-memorials/

This is interesting, I thought Brittany and her mom just met Big Ang.

Yeah, but if the story is right, it was the mob guys she hung with back in the day who didn't want them there, because of their fathers.   Apparently there is/was this deep rooted thing about rats bringing disgrace and dishonor to your entire family or whatever.  So I guess it was the old mob guys making sure the family suffered for their patriarchs ratting.  And Sammy Gravano was a big ol' deal in NYC back in the day....but still.....seems a little harsh.

Maybe Neil just didn't want the trouble of having to deal with it.  Seems ridiculous, for whatever else Karen was, she was Ang's friend.

• Love 1

I'm so sad about this, for some reason when I watched the episode where she's crying with Karen and Carla the other day, I had to google to see how my heart Big Ang was doing (I don't spoil myself) and was heartbroken to see that she's gone.

RIP.

Thoughts and prayers to her family.

• Love 1

I think Renee gets a pass because it was her rat husband who squealed not her father.

And Renee disavowed him immediately and without any equivocation.  She had been after Jr. for a while, in spite of his cheating and other weirdness, but the minute she found out he cooperated that was the end of that.  I don't know if that makes a difference, but I think if there is any sort of balancing act that has to figure in.

I feel so sad for Ang's family watching this episode. .... How did I never know Big Ang had a spinoff? I recorded this episode and saw the Big Ang show airing after.

Everyone else sucks! Obviously marrissa started the "man" talk to cause problems.

RIP Ang.

• Love 4

Hard to watch this episode.  Things are really getting out of control. So sick of all the talk, just get in the same room together Drita and Karen and get it over with.  Brittany is a bit of an trouble maker, that Marissa too.  

• Love 2

I feel so sad for Ang's family watching this episode. .... How did I never know Big Ang had a spinoff? I recorded this episode and saw the Big Ang show airing after.

Everyone else sucks! Obviously marrissa started the "man" talk to cause problems.

RIP Ang.

I've decided that I hate Marissa more than Brittney.  Although, hate is too strong a word since I don't care about either of them.  I find Brittney slightly less annoying.  If I hear Marissa argue one more time that she deserves respect because she is dating some dude I'll scream.  Maybe if she went out of her way to earn her OWN respect, I would respect her.  But damn, it just seems like she is using dating this guy as an excuse to be a bitch and force people to be nice to her.  Every other word out of her mouth is about how you have to be nice to her because she is dating this dude.  You would think she was married to John Gotti or Paul Castellano or Carlo Gambino.  No, she is just DATING some dude that people just KNOW.  She isn't involved with some mob boss....goodness.  I'm sure in her day Big Ang dated much more important men, but she earned her respect herself.....not by depending on some dude.

• Love 3

That was very sad to watch, I didn't realize there was a tribute to Ang since it was dvr'd I'll have to look for it and watch it.

I did really enjoy seeing Big Ang so happy at the "art class", lol.

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 5

Giselle was adorable and I did laugh when Drita picked up the lipstick and started yelling at it pretending it was Carla. While Renee annoys me, she looked like she was having fun in the dance class.

Why does Marisa always walk like she is on a catwalk? Does she think everyone is watching?

I'm already tired of this Karen and Drita feud.

• Love 2