Type keyword(s) to search

Jeopardy! Season 31 (2014-2015)

Athena
  • Start Topic

I don't have anything against Michael but I'm glad I won't have to watch Alex act like he just discovered the state of Massachusetts anymore.

No kidding. The way Alex carried on about Michael's accent was weird. Especially since he only had his accent about half the time. Speaking of which, why did the lady in the middle suddenly have a Scottish accent for her DD that was a French category?

The DD about the Mayan calendar was way too easy.

• Love 4

What about showing a picture of Sting as a clue? Granted it was the first clue in the category but still.

Seriously, the only way that should have been there is if you had to come up with Gordon Sumner.

• Love 5

After seeing Alex act so condescending about Michael's accent, I've decided not to audition for a contestant on Jeopardy! I'd be afraid that Alex would shit in his pants listening to my Tennessee/South Florida drawl.

I've lived in the Southeast most of my life and the only person who mentioned my accent while I was there was the make-up lady, who liked it. And I have a very thick southern accent.

• Love 1

Thanks for this post, pandora. I'm still laughing about it, something I really needed this morning.

Let us know about the reply you (don't) get.

I will if I can figure out where to send it.  There's nothing on the Jeopardy website itself.

Speaking of which, why did the lady in the middle suddenly have a Scottish accent for her DD that was a French category?

She did that deliberately, as she told Alex.  Personally, I think she was snarking on his love of Michael's Bahston accent.

• Love 2

Greg has big clanging brass balls.  That is all.

My goodness! You weren't kidding. As much as I don't like Alex's "boo hiss", I love his "hel-lo"!

Great game - could only be improved by revealing all the clues.

• Love 3

Wow, great game. I agree that FJ was way too easy again.

Despite looking remarkably similar to, and having some mannerisms of, my ex-husband (who was also a chef) I have to root for Greg. Maybe it's because Alex the Douche seemed surprised that he could read and knew something more than just cooking. Plus the gutsy betting and the fact he looked like he was going to faint from relief when he got that DD won me over.

The other two contestants were impressive, too.

• Love 2

As much as I don't like Alex's "boo hiss", I love his "hel-lo"!

I have to root for Greg. Maybe it's because Alex the Douche seemed surprised that he could read and knew something more than just cooking.

I HATE Alex T. giving his opinion on what contestants bet on DD. As I noted previously, he never once "HELL-loowed" Alex Jacob yet,  as CarpeDiem suggests, he was pretty stunned a mere "chef" would be able to read much less answer a question correctly. I was totally rooting for Greg after that, and was VERY happy his DD paid off and he won the game.

Yes, again a ridiculously easy FJ. I believe they've even had that question on the regular board before. At least I've seen it somewhere.

When the first contestant was introduced as being from Massachusetts, I thought, Oh, brother, here we go again with the BAH-ston accent. But, thank goodness, it did not happen. Thank you, contestant on the right.

How many times is William and Mary going to be an answer/question on this show?

If Trebek thinks Greg is a dolt, then I'm behind him all the way to keep winning.

• Love 3

I HATE Alex T. giving his opinion on what contestants bet on DD. As I noted previously, he never once "HELL-loowed" Alex Jacob yet,  as CarpeDiem suggests, he was pretty stunned a mere "chef" would be able to read much less answer a question correctly. I was totally rooting for Greg after that, and was VERY happy his DD paid off and he won the game.

I always read the "hel-lo" as excitement, like 'this is gonna be good'. Which is why I like it. If I'm wrong, I kind of don't want to know, lol!

I also didn't see the surprise at a chef being smart - maybe I just didn't catch it. You'd think after all these years he's seen people from all professions and walks of life know all kinds of stuff. And I am definitely not familiar with a 'dumb chef' stereotype (this is going to be embarrassing when I find out that's totally a thing).

I can't for the life of me remember FJ, but I do remember being surprised that it was easy again.

• Love 3
I can't for the life of me remember FJ, but I do remember being surprised that it was easy again.

FJ category: Actors

Can't remember the clue exactly, but it was along the lines of 'an actor that did safety commercials that died ironically in 1955' -- have to wait for J-Archive to post the actual clue.

Answer: What is James Dean ?

• Love 1
I also didn't see the surprise at a chef being smart - maybe I just didn't catch it. You'd think after all these years he's seen people from all professions and walks of life know all kinds of stuff. And I am definitely not familiar with a 'dumb chef' stereotype (this is going to be embarrassing when I find out that's totally a thing).

You don't watch enough Hell's Kitchen :)

• Love 1

The DDs in the DJ round were ridiculously easy -- Indiana Jones and Daniel Webster. Come on, make them challenging clue writers.

At least FJ was tougher for once -- I had no idea that Kate Middleton was an heiress to a fortune from a company called Party Pieces.

• Love 4

FJ was ridiculously easy tonight. Especially with the imminent birth of royal baby #2, everything you ever wanted to know about Prince William's wife & her family has been all over the media. Even as early as 10 weeks ago, when this episode was taped.

• Love 1

I never would have guessed prince William for FJ - I guess I just don't pay that much attention. I knew the Middleton family is wealthy but that's about it.

Indiana Jones as a DD was absolutely ridiculous.

• Love 5

FJ was an instaget for me and I was shocked only one person got it. It was a huge deal that Kate Middleton's parents were self made millionaires from starting a party planning/catering business. Oh, well. I miss plenty of other FJs.

• Love 1

We didn't get Jeopardy in DC because of coverage of the riots in Baltimore. Who won tonight?

The returning champ won. Eric, maybe is his name? The chef from Colorado. I'm not good with remembering their names.

I didn't see the episode and the DJ round isn't up on the archive yet -- what was the Indiana Jones clue?  As one of the handful of people in this country who have never seen that movie (for lack of interest), I’m curious to see if I’d find it as easy as the rest of you.

I’m also curious to see the FJ clue wording; I remember from wedding coverage that Middleton’s parents are wealthy business owners, but no specifics (and that’s about the last time I paid attention to any coverage of British royalty).

The DD in the category 'Whip Smart':

In 1999 this film character's whip joined his fedora and brown leather jacket in the Smithsonian.

FJ, 'Weddings':

In April 2011 he married an heiress to the fortune of a company called Party Pieces.

• Love 1

Hmm.  It's hard to judge having already read posts here, but I'm pretty sure I'd have come up with Indiana Jones; between the year, whip, and fedora - given how beloved the film was among friends even though I bowed out - I think that would have come to me instantly. 

But, FJ, I'm not so sure.  The only thing in there for me to go on is the year and the fact it's obviously a famous man, presumably married to a non-famous woman since she's only described in relation to the family fortune ... if given enough time, I probably would have guessed Prince William, but I doubt I'd have come up with it watching the show in real time.

Edited by Bastet

I knew FJ, only because there was *such* a to-do made over royalty marrying into a family that, while wealthy, worked for their living.  There was such a fuss that Kate and Pippa actually took part in the company and could have had actual careers there, rather than have "genteel" jobs like Princess Diana as a child-carer.

I did have a mad moment of trying to figure out who Pippa Middleton married, until I realized that was wayyyyy too obscure and they were obviously going for Prince William.

I knew FJ, only because there was *such* a to-do made over royalty marrying into a family that, while wealthy, worked for their living.  There was such a fuss that Kate and Pippa actually took part in the company and could have had actual careers there, rather than have "genteel" jobs like Princess Diana as a child-carer.

I'm really shocked that I knew none of that. Maybe I was in a coma.

• Love 1

I have no idea how I knew FJ, but I was fairly certain I was right. It must be one of those things that remain in my mind without my realizing I know it. I couldn't care less about the royals and paid zero attention to their wedding.

I like the current champ. I find him inoffensive and love how Alex finds a way to mention his profession every episode. It's as if Alex doesn't believe a chef can be smart. Much like a woman doing well in a sports category, I like when contestants surprise Alex, even though he should have learned by now not to judge a book by its cover.

I've been keeping tabs the last few weeks, I've been getting 2 out of 3 DD's per game, either they're dumbing down or I'm suddenly gaining more knowledge!

Recently, the DDs have been some of the easiest clues in their respective categories.

• Love 1