Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

i see numbers 1-12 in a clock format. Then 13 goes in a horizontal line to the right until 100. Then the numbers go vertical (up) until it hits 1200 then it starts again. I personify sounds too. Yes I'm wacky. When I first saw a drawing of the way I see numbers on the Internet i was shocked. How is it we are wired the same way to "see" what we do?

I was bored yesterday and read some studies but I am not used to the clinical language and couldn't follow them very well, so I'm not sure whether they know the reason that some see numbers this way. I did read somewhere that there were extra synapses (?) or connections between certain parts of the brain. 

Mine looks different for numbers depending on the context; I always see numbers in a line from left to right, like a ladder that has steep inclines and flat parts too. (That makes no sense, does it?). I look at that "ladder" from different angles depending on the context of the number - money, age, years, straight up numbers for math. 

My yearly calendar is a circle and my weeks are straight lines. 

My dad was trying to explain his yearly calendar - it's shaped like the letter L and kind of goes around his body. It is so different than mine that I can't imagine it.

I've been out of commission this week with another bout of the stomach bug. Ended up in the hospital overnight to get rehydrated & couple of doses of IV Zofran. I need to get stock in that company. Anyway, I'm home now & feeling much better. Joints are a little creekier than usual from not moving but they'll loosen up. I've enjoyed catching up reading about all the different topics. You all have been busy this week.

Jynnan- what a beautiful painting! Brings back wonderful memories of my dad, who is now decorating Heaven's walls with his paintings. He found his calling later in life & became quite the artist. My most favorite gift EVER is the portrait he did of my then 6 month old son. He painted his portrait from Son's picture portrait we had done at Sears. It was given to me as a Christmas gift & I thought it was going to be a train garden set since my Dad loved miniature train garden too so boy was I surprised! I was actually speechless for a while(which is a rarity for me), then broke into happy tears when I realized what it was. I think this was the only portrait he ever tackled, he loved doing landscapes.

Well enough reading for now. I have a pile of mainly junk mail to tackle. How come when I went to the hospital with just my "small" purse I ended up coming home with a tote bag full of crap? I've even learned to leave the mini toothpaste & soap& basins behind since I was just bringing them home to throw away here.

• Love 3

Jynnan- what a beautiful painting! Brings back wonderful memories of my dad, who is now decorating Heaven's walls with his paintings. He found his calling later in life & became quite the artist. My most favorite gift EVER is the portrait he did of my then 6 month old son. He painted his portrait from Son's picture portrait we had done at Sears. It was given to me as a Christmas gift & I thought it was going to be a train garden set since my Dad loved miniature train garden too so boy was I surprised! I was actually speechless for a while(which is a rarity for me), then broke into happy tears when I realized what it was. I think this was the only portrait he ever tackled, he loved doing landscapes.

Thanks for the compliment and for this story (and thanks to everyone who had such nice things to say about my painting!) I've always loved to do portraits, though don't have an easy time painting them. I used to draw them all the time when I was growing up, and they were really the way I sort of honed whatever eye/hand coordination I have that gives me the ability to do a passable job of recreating something I see. They are among my favorites of all the work I've done over time though I don't do them often at all any more. Maybe someday I will post a bit more of my work, since a number of people expressed an interest in seeing it, though I hate to subject everyone else to more stuff to scroll through. I should figure out how to put some of it in one place out there somewhere which can be linked to.

Anyway, just also wanted to make another short comment regarding dreams. Some of the recent talk of seeing time in the sense of lines made me think of a dream which my husband had when he was quite young (maybe early teens). He has a literally genius-level understanding of anything mathematical, which is why this dream has become a fixture in family lore on ways to give an engineer nightmares.

In this dream, he was walking among parallel lines. They were perfectly and unequivocally parallel. Except that then some of them started crossing. And this paradox scared the living daylights out of him. By definition, these lines could not cross, and yet he could see them doing it. Over 40 years later it still gives him the willies.

• Love 2

I'm almost ready for my tea party tomorrow (the jewelry thing). I have laid it that jewelry on my bed, on my dresser, on my friends kitchen table, on my coffee table. Stewed and stewed and stewed over it, trying to make the right choices. It's harder than I thought! I so want everyone to appreciate their little piece of Mama - I so want them to take it and go home if they aren't happy. This is an EVENT, people!!! I'm excited, but I'm nervous too.

We had my youngest son's bday last night - he wanted low country boil. I think that's so messy, but of course, we did it. We do it where you pour it out on a table outside when it's done. I know it can be done easier with less mess, but then what would I complain about? Rotten. He hangs onto that baby-of-the-family like a champ. But he's a good kid. Certainly surpassed all my expectations. The gathering was lovely, all my favorite people are also his favorite people, so...YAY!

I have 3 movies going on - one I'm finishing, one about to get started and one on the horizon. And seriously, I can't be doing all this WORK, I have a camper to entertain!!! What is WRONG with these people???

And so yesterday! My EXTREMELY fundy independent Baptist brother calls me and says he wants to give my number to the head of a prison ministry he's involved with. They need new shirts embroidered. The guy calls, and identifies himself as "Brother Jerry". THIS DRIVES ME CRAZY!!! I have never laid eyes on this man IN MY LIFE. I think it's mighty presumptive of him to identify as a brother. It happens I AM a believer, but I don't drink that particular brand of koolaide. So he wants to drop off shirts and asks for my addy. I give it to him, and he says, "OH!!!!! I know exactly where you live! Brother Joe use to live in that neighborhood! You know him???" Ummmmm, no. See, this may be common in YOUR neighborhood, but in THIS neighborhood, we don't go around calling each other "Brother Joe" and "Sister Mabel".

FWIW (virtually nothing, turns out), it also drives me crazy when Blake Shelton calls the female singers "Sis". Is this the flip side to "Bro"? Lame.

Edited by Happyfatchick
  • Love 2

Happy- hope things go well at the jewelry tea. My one niece has already staked her claim to an opal ring that is from my grandmother. Every time my mom wears it, Niece has to remind her "be careful with my ring, Grandma." She's a smart girl, she staked her claim when she was about 10.

• Love 1

I'm almost ready for my tea party tomorrow (the jewelry thing). I have laid it that jewelry on my bed, on my dresser, on my friends kitchen table, on my coffee table. Stewed and stewed and stewed over it, trying to make the right choices. It's harder than I thought!

Been thinking about you today HAPPYFATCHICK, and hoping the jewelry tea party is going/went well!

Thanks, the tea was perfect! We all told Mama stories and shared memories besides Alzheimer's. The granddaughters (actually great grands, to Mama) sat there so attentive and listened so sweetly. They are all sweet sweet girls. I made little gift bags with the jewelry and put their names on the bags (cuteness, I'm saying) and there were general tears all around. It was a sweet precious time, and they loved it.

It's over now, let's go camping!!!

Barb, I was so keyed up, I totally forgot to say get well please. You've been sick for EVER. please stop!!!

Today when we were just getting ready for people to start arriving, I got a txt from one of my dearest friends in Indiana that her mother had died. She has one brother who's in an institution in Hawaii. No aunts, uncles, nieces... She does have two grown sons, so she's not there with "NO one" in her grief, but I still feel so bad for her. Her mom has been in a rehab type facility waiting for a spot in a regular home. Just yesterday, the docs had said she was well enough to go on day trips and they spent the day planning and making lists where she wanted to go. (She wanted to go to Walmart, she wanted to visit with her great grandson, and she wanted to get her hair done!). She had a heart attack last night and died about 12:30 this afternoon.

Edited by Happyfatchick
  • Love 3

Thanks, the tea was perfect! We all told Mama stories and shared memories besides Alzheimer's. The granddaughters (actually great grands, to Mama) sat there so attentive and listened so sweetly.

Awww, so glad the tea party went so well, HAPPYFATCHICK. You did good!

So sorry about your friend. Sometimes big families are better. (Mine is quite small.)

I've made a whole entire year's worth of travel plans (because you know: CAMPER!). In October, I pencilled in almost 3 weeks to drive north and see fall in New England. THREE WEEKS!!!!! Anybody interested in a pool? .... To predict which day I either get homesick enough for my family to come home, or have to come home to keep from killing the hubs. It's so WEIRD, this freedom of movement! And truthfully: I miss it. I fought to keep my parents alive, and it feels a little off-balance not to have a campaign. It also feels a little odd to be spending so much time with the hubster.

• Love 5

It also feels a little odd to be spending so much time with the hubster.

There is no truer saying: "I married you for better or worse, but not for lunch."

My hubs retired before me. I was used to getting home about an hour or more before him. That hour was MINE. Read the mail, skim the paper, maybe a quick nap on the couch. All of the sudden he was THERE when I got home from work, all ready to talk and share. Oh that was a hard adjustment. But I'm sure it was pay-back time when I retired and all of the sudden I was the one infringing on HIS time and space. Fortunately, we are both fairly easy to get along with, so it all worked out after awhile.

• Love 3

If everyone could keep people in the Houston tx area in your thoughts and prayers . While I am fine we have had major flooding in Houston and a lot of people are in bad shape . Only 4 deaths so far , 4 too many , but it could have been worse . More rain is forecast but it should move through quickly , last night it just sat on us. Some areas got close to 17 inches .

• Love 5

That is a lovely picture Jynnan - I wish I was that kind of talented.  Your colors are very vibrant, which I like.

I want to thank you all for your kind wishes to me.  I'm very much a 'get on with it damn it' kind of person but I find little things either make me catch my breath like seeing Mother's Day cards in the stores, and realizing I'm not going to get any more phone calls.  Ever.  I don't cry but I have moments of deep sadness..and also intense anger because it was just so stupid and could have been prevented.  I am really pissed off that she didn't tell my dad or myself where she kept anything, no deeds, no titles, no nothing and their house is a wreck.  It's just incredibly frustrating, and my father is no help whatsoever.  He's only absorbed with himself, which I can understand, but he does nothing to help me.  Honestly I think he's going to be gone in a year or two because she did everything - which has been to my disadvantage.

I jokingly said to a couple of relatives and friends that if dad thought mom was an unrelenting nag, he's in for a real treat because I'm Super Bitch.  The moral of my story is 'tell your kids where your shit is!'

Edited by CherryMalotte
  • Love 10

Regarding dreams: I always dream I'm in a hotel of some sort by the beach. Or in a super fancy, futuristic shopping mall with a swimming pool. Or back in high school/college.Or driving on a road that I've never been on. These dreams are all super realistic for the most part and repetitive. Sometimes, my dreams are a combination of all of the above.For once, I'd like to have a fun dream where pigs fly or something equally weird for a change.

I had a dream that I had to get my glasses replaced. The next day, my glasses actually did break.

ETA: I also dream about the occult. I have dreams where I'm off to see a fortune teller but I never find the fortune teller.

Edited by Joe Jitsu913
  • Love 3

That is a lovely picture Jynnan - I wish I was that kind of talented.  Your colors are very vibrant, which I like.

I want to thank you all for your kind wishes to me.  I'm very much a 'get on with it damn it' kind of person but I find little things either make me catch my breath like seeing Mother's Day cards in the stores, and realizing I'm not going to get any more phone calls.  Ever.  I don't cry but I have moments of deep sadness..and also intense anger because it was just so stupid and could have been prevented.  I am really pissed off that she didn't tell my dad or myself where she kept anything, no deeds, no titles, no nothing and their house is a wreck.  It's just incredibly frustrating, and my father is no help whatsoever.  He's only absorbed with himself, which I can understand, but he does nothing to help me.  Honestly I think he's going to be gone in a year or two because she did everything - which has been to my disadvantage.

I jokingly said to a couple of relatives and friends that if dad thought mom was an unrelenting nag, he's in for a real treat because I'm Super Bitch.  The moral of my story is 'tell your kids where your shit is!'

Thanks for the kind words on my painting...yeah, I enjoyed those colors as well...it was the first time I'd tried layering the colors into glazes more than just trying to mix the color I was after. It seemed to give me more dimension than I've been able to get otherwise.

Also, your descriptions of your parents made me think of mine. Dad is doing reasonably well for an 84 year old (85 in another week) recovering from quintuple bypass surgery, and Mom won't believe that she also doing well just because her legs are bothering her a bit so that, at 82, she can't be out gardening for 5 or 6 hours a day as she's been used to. Plus she thinks she has Alzheimers because she occasionally can't find a word she is after. But in reality she is more with it, and possibly in better shape overall than I am myself. But she keeps wanting to "downsize" so as not to cause any problems for anyone when the time comes... But she's been working on this for years now, never wanting to plan on having more than a couple of months left at any given time. Her latest thing is trying to get someone to take the pictures on their walls (mostly my paintings, going back probably to when I was in high school) in the idea that leaving her walls unadorned will somehow make going through their final possessions an easier process.

• Love 3

Even I don't know where most of my important stuff is.  It's been my experience that by the time people die their kids and even grandkids already have all their own things and in their own taste, and don't want the oldsters stuff.  The fire took out most of my stuff, and what I have left I really don't want.  I know some of it has value but don't know what the value is or how to find a buyer.  So there you are.  I guess when I croak it will go to the dump.  I don't have the energy to sell on line and ship.  I really don't.  

It felt so good walking away from the fire with nothing.  Then a year later the storage company back what I never really wanted to lay eyes on again.

• Love 3

Isn't it so odd what a tossed salad this group is? I'd say the majority of us are mid 50's, but there are some younger, some older. Many of us holding hands and losing parents. And even THAT isn't a standard issue - some of us (me, mostly) are swallowed up by family, others had to travel to reach dying parents, and it seems recently we even had someone learn about a death on FB.

I'm thinking, in particular, of my pal MicksPicks (and I SWEAR, she's Weizer from Steel Magnolias!). MP, you break my heart so many times when I read your words. You don't play, do you? (That's what we say around here when we mean "you don't mince words". I read what you just said about losing everything in a fire except things you don't really care about - and my sentimental self looked around my living room and started saving important stuff!

I'll take you on a quick tour - to my extreme right is a shelf with a watercolor impression my SIL did of my Daddy leaving his Amish home at a very young age. Also on that shelf is a snapshot of me and Daddy, his favorite fishing hat and 2 weather worn Angels (one has lost its wings). Several years ago, my parents gave me $ for Christmas and I bought a red love seat that is in here. In front of me is a shadow box with fishing lures and a pic of my husband's dad (who died a year before mine). On their huge initial (with a crusty flag shellacked on) are 2 sets of dog tags - my FIL's and HIS father's. Below that is a pic of me being washed in a big soup pot by my mother when I was a toddling thing in Germany (we drove and camped all over Europe), and meals were prepared in that same pot. These aren't things on a wall, these are our treasures!

MP, it makes me so sad that you don't feel like you're surrounded by treasures! You need to move across the country immediately so my family can smother you to death. We're good at it!

ETA: my niece was here for the tea party the other day and she commented "I always love to come to your house; you decorate everything so cute!" I was embarrassed. I always feel like I live in a junkyard (or a cemetery, maybe!). I mean, it's a TIDY junkyard, but still. It's MY junk. My mother gave me half of her enormous formal China several years ago, and always specified the rest was mine. I have it all now, and used it for the tea party. There were little children here. I had a big FAT pep talk with myself before the party, telling myself that dishes are meant to be used, and what better time to use it than NOW, and that I would NOT scream and faint if a dessert plate was broken. (It wasn't). The RELIEF when my babies got washed and put back in their cabinet!

Edited by Happyfatchick
  • Love 2

Well for me items carry a different meaning since the big storm of 2011. We lost just about everything. Other than a few, not many at all really, sentimental things, we found ourselves missing practical things. What we realized though, is what we truly missed the most, was the memories we made in our home.

And five years later we feel pretty much the same. Our house is simpler and uncluttered and our home lives are too. It actually feels nice when the real world is complicated and messy, to come home to our humble abode and make new memories.

• Love 2

hi everyone. took a long weekend to fly to texas to see my son's family. oh those boys (6 year old twins) i adore them!!!! we were south of dallas so yes we got rain but NOTHING like houston got. i was able to fly out yesterday during a clear window of time. i enjoy visiting my kids but whew, the bugs and the humidity....next trip (in two weeks) i am staying at a hotel rather than out in the boonies where they live.

as for being older, yes i am in the very late 50's group too. and my body is falling apart. i have a full week of testing to get thru, did get cleared by the cardiologist this morning and am not looking forward to prep day on thursday for the 'scopes' on friday.

and also this:   i came home to a heart made out of arrow shaped post-it notes on my computer screen. stinkin' cute!

• Love 3

We celebrated my dad's 92nd birthday this past weekend.  WWII and Korea vet, extremely kind and generous person, very well-read, and all-around good guy.  Still drives and does all the grocery shopping, and keeps track of Mom who has dementia. He has the most amazing interest in history.  Not too long ago, and totally out of the blue, I was given a 45-minute lecture on the history of the Zeppelin in the US.  Until about 5 years ago he was visiting church members in nursing homes and giving Bible devotions.  Like so many of his era, he seldom speaks about his military service, but he remains very proud to have served in the Navy.   Unfortunately, he is producing a brain chemical which is destroying his speech center, and he is unable to speak clearly, and can say fewer and fewer words.  We have been told that he will likely become non-verbal, and I notice a worsening in his speech every week.   He enjoys the GREAT COURSES programs, and recently bought "organic chemistry" for enjoyment. (go figure).  My brother and I are so fortunate to have such wonderful parents who gave us everything we needed-and so much more--and now it is our turn to look after them.  And he got his lemon pie for his birthday!

• Love 7

What a great guy your dad is!!!  I would love to hear all his stories, both old and new.  Such a shame he will lose speech.  I hope he is able to write, preferably on a computer or typewriter.

HFC, yes I have a reputation for being extremely direct.  I thought when people said it, they were being critical but actually they were just being factual.  I have a BFF from elementary school who lives in the Atlanta area.  She does Toastmasters and is a delight.  Any retirement communities nearby, not retirement home, but duplexes or something where they have classes and study groups and local trips and entertainment?  

Geegolly, oddly enough what I miss most frequently are my clothes.  I was not able to take any from the fire, so made do with tops that people gave me, while I had to buy my own jeans and stuff.  But I think often that I'll go and put something on that I have in mind, and after searching all over, realize I don't have it anymore!   I did get trophies out, and a few other things and they were stored at a cousin's house.  I got my husband's cremains out, and those of a few of my dogs.  Would have been the very devil going through ashes to find ashes!  My jewelry and my husband's wedding ring I would love to have.  But they were right near the source of the fire and there were only ashes, with 2 huge piles thrown outside by firemen.  The recovery people promised to go through it with sifters, but of course they didn't.  So that makes me sad, his ring especially.  

HFC just remember Weezer loves you.

• Love 4

My cousin low everything in an apartment fire q FW years back. She missed all her sentimental things, but the thing that made her cry hardest was the gourmet kitchen items she'd saved for and struggled to collect over the years. She'll still say wistfully "I had this bowl..."

ETA: I took my parent's gold band wedding rings and had them fixed in plac (hers inside his) and had a bale (?) put over them on top to make them lay flat and the chain runs thru the top of the bale. God have mercy on someone who tries to take it from me, ever. ;)

Edited by Happyfatchick
  • Love 4

We are a great group, aren't we? I feel we know each other better than the Duggars know each other. Well, I know that's not much but you know where I'm coming from.

Looks like it's going to be a nice Spring day here in Maryland. I'm feeling back to myself, much better than last week. To Happy (& everyone)- Thanks for your concern & well wishes. I was doing so well, it had actually been 6 months since I had my last "sick" attack (before last weeks). I do have to have a stress test done to make sure the chest pain I had was muscle related (from vomiting) & not cardiac related. I was on heart monitor at Hospital & everything checked out fine& pain is long gone. I just hate that the medical world has been turned into a world of having to have tests done to rule things out so the doctors won't be sued. I know the tests are for our good but it just seems like things have gone rampant in that dept.

• Love 5

Micks, I still have moments after all this time, that I will go look for something I no longer own, or even weirder, I will walk to a room thinking it was the 'old room' before we re-built expecting a certain piece of furniture to be there. 

One of the practical things that we hadn't yet replaced was what our kids had always referred to as the spaghetti-getter-outer (a clawed spoon). We eyed that first bowl of pasta in the new house and thought damn, now what do we do.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 3

I know exactly where I kept everything in my first apartment. Maybe because it was my very first solo residence? Now I am married and in my house for 29 years. I can tell you where I stored something in my apartment. You want me to find it in my house???

• Love 6

We once lived in a house the size of a small apartment (I could plug the vacuum in the hall outlet and vacuum the entire house. So I busied myself right away trying to maximize the available space. An architect friend of mine looked at my drawing of the layout and said I could improve my kitchen space by moving the refrigerator. We'd lived there about a year by then. I moved it, changed everything around (and it WAS more spacey). But for the remainder of the time we were there, I would be cooking at the stove and back up without looking, searching for the refrigerator handle. Or I'd walk into the room with eggs and go straight to where the fridge used to live. Got me every time.

• Love 5

If everyone could keep people in the Houston tx area in your thoughts and prayers . While I am fine we have had major flooding in Houston and a lot of people are in bad shape . Only 4 deaths so far , 4 too many , but it could have been worse . More rain is forecast but it should move through quickly , last night it just sat on us. Some areas got close to 17 inches .

Thinking about you and hoping things are improving for all those in your area. It looks really scary and devastating on the news. Hugs.

• Love 2

I have issues. My personality s OUT there. I tend to be personable and outgoing (polar opposite from my very reticent introverted husband). When I worked in public, my ability to put people at ease, my sarcasm and my giggle have always been a target for older men (with something left to prove). I've seen that 50-leven times in the past and learned to do "the dance"... let them think they're all hat and a bag o'chips while staying out of reach. I'm good at it.

I had a friend once (GOOD friend, too!) who's husband sniffed around me like a dog in heat. I did the DANCE around him for years. YEARS!!! Then one day, he came in my shop. Grinning from ear to ear, like "I'm HERE!!!" It was an embroidery shop. Seriously? I said, "what are you DOING here?" Still ginning, he said, "well, I'm on vacation this week and just thought I'd come see you!" What??? What am I supposed to DO with you? Fortunately, my cousin just happened to come by that day as well. I jumped up and threw myself around his neck - he said later when I told hm about the goofball being there for "something..." that he thought I was a little happier to see him than usual. Ha! I've never been so happy to see someone in my life!

Since I'm working from home exclusively now, I don't really have that issue anymore. Old men aren't peeing on my trees.

Except this one guy who is about to annoy me to NO END. I've done work for him - lots of work in the past from the store. He owns a company so I did all his artwork and embroidery. He doesn't currently have anything with me, but about 3 months ago started making noise about changing his logo. I did rough drawings and sent them to him. He hasn't done anything with them - it was a plot to get back in my circle. He is calling, calling, calling, making me CRAZY!!! This morning while I'm in the shower, he called. Called back and left a message. Left a message on FB. Finally, I called him back and said (paraphrasing, but not much), "WHAT?!?!? I'm BUSY!!!" Oh...nothin, really. Just checkin on you. How you been doing?

He meanders around in the convo, asking if the "old man" is still working and if he usually works all day. And how much I'm home. And if I get bored here by myself. And when the kids will be around. Tells me about his 2 Harley's and that he's going to bike week next week. Tells me what he spent there last year. Lets me know (not too subtly) he's up for being my sugar Daddy if I want one...

I know how to do the dance, and I'm not scared of or threatened by this scruffy 70 year old Harley dude. Really, at this point, I'm just griping. He's pissing me OFF with his constant PRESENCE. He bugs the CRAP out of me. Constantly texting, calling, leaving messages, sending the stupid invites to try this or join that. GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

• Love 4

HFC, I think you're going to have to turn off the charm with this one and lay it out there bluntly. Some people just don't get the message when you're even the slightest bit nice and polite, you have to be blunt and firm and say "no more. I am busy and don't have time for this.". Don't even put an "I'm sorry" in there.

• Love 9

I'm with emma675 - it's time to tell these fools to quit beating around the bush and either get to business only or get steppin' - life is too short to waste your time with random jerkrods.  

On a silly note - I find it funny in that demented dark way that I have to pay sales tax on my mom.  Really it's for the container she's in, but still...taxes on ashes!  I know my mom would have found that giggle worthy.  

So bummed that Prince has passed away...the grim reaper is certainly making the rounds in 2016, damn it.  I can't tell you how many times I saw Purple Rain in the theatre...at least a dozen.  What a talented guitarist and lyricist.  Major major bummer.  

• Love 5

Even though my music idols are dying young it still makes me feel old when I hear of their deaths. I came of age in the 80's. Another artist whose music was the soundtrack to my teens and early adulthood. So so fortunate to see Prince twice in my life. One was with Morris Day and Shelia E, having the time of his life (as we were too!) memories I will always cherish. You could feel what an amazing soul he was and his talent had no comparison. Unbelievable. - I turned to MTV, of course nothing! I want to reminisce watching his videos. RIP Prince.

• Love 2

Even though my music idols are dying young it still makes me feel old when I hear of their deaths. I came of age in the 80's. Another artist whose music was the soundtrack to my teens and early adulthood. So so fortunate to see Prince twice in my life. One was with Morris Day and Shelia E, having the time of his life (as we were too!) memories I will always cherish. You could feel what an amazing soul he was and his talent had no comparison. Unbelievable. - I turned to MTV, of course nothing! I want to reminisce watching his videos. RIP Prince.

MSNBC.

• Love 1