Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

Gosh, chunky junky - that is awful!  I'm sorry you and your partner had to go through all that.  I've heard and experienced that you "get around" things like this vs. "getting over" them.  Hugs.

• Love 1

I'm sorry you had to go through that, Chunky Junky. It's beyond unfair to put you in that position.

I'm reading The Handmaid's tale. Fiction it might be, but essential reading for anyone wanting to start their own little cult based on Bible quotes taken out of context and the reduction of women to walking wombs and servants, under the 'protection' of men. Also suitable for men wanting to be the autocrat of the family. Contains examples of rebellion and thought, so that you can be prepared for such dangerous, ungrateful behaviour.

I'm half way through. It's been languishing on my to-read list for about 20 years and I can't believe I haven't got to it until now.

• Love 2

I've got hospital stories up the wazoo but neither the heart or energy to tell them today. Just wanted to respond to Micks and chunkys sad posts to say that here where i live in Canada, we have patient family boards for every health centre and hospital.The groups are mostly former patients or family members of patients, with a clinical worker or two and maybe a social worker. We feel that we can only improve care by listening to stories like the ones you have told here, all of you. Tell what works, what didn't, and what made a horrible experience even worse in your opinions. I think it is something that is needed everywhere care is given. Its how health care workers learn.

Ok..one funny story from the workers side in hospice.

Young native guy. .brain bleed from alcoholism and then falling the wrong way while drinking. About twenty family members in his room praying, crying, being there to support. What families do.

A couple of the HCAs twittering self righteously in the charting room about the evils of drinking, yadda yadda .

Suddenly a pungent smell overwhelms us all and the three "stooges" start yelling about how they are smoking "the marijuana" now in the room. They just KNOW it!"

I let them get about three feet from the room before i told them it was sweetgrass. .smudging. .cultural.

Then i went and wrote all three of them up.

Sanctimonious idiots, they were.

Edited by MarysWetBar
  • Love 8

Thank-you for the humorous stories. And so sorry for those of you that have had difficult experiences. Thankfully my mom, nearly 6 years ago, with hospice services, and my dad, a little more than 2 years ago, with no hospice needed, went very quickly. And for that I am truly grateful.

But tonight I'm having a rough time. My job is to help folks mange their mental health issues and all that comes with it. And tonight I am filled with all kinds of anxiety myself. I feel a bit like the cobbler who has everyone walking around in spiffed up shoes when he walks around with no soles on his feet.

This too shall pass ...

• Love 4

Thank-you for the humorous stories. And so sorry for those of you that have had difficult experiences. Thankfully my mom, nearly 6 years ago, with hospice services, and my dad, a little more than 2 years ago, with no hospice needed, went very quickly. And for that I am truly grateful.

But tonight I'm having a rough time. My job is to help folks mange their mental health issues and all that comes with it. And tonight I am filled with all kinds of anxiety myself. I feel a bit like the cobbler who has everyone walking around in spiffed up shoes when he walks around with no soles on his feet.

This too shall pass ...

You need to do something nurturing for yourself GG. Nothing to give if you get empty. Mental health care is broken here for sure. Not a "sexy" issue, not enough funding, frequently goes hand in hand with addictions, which a lot of people don't care about either.

My son works in a non profit..i worry about him a lot.

Take care of yourself.

• Love 5

This too shall pass ...

Sending love and support to you, GEEGOLLY.

• Love 2

Thanks MarysWB & Love2d, your words mean a lot.

Getting ready for bed, hoping for sound sleep and a calmer morning.

You are so right MarysWB. I too work for a non profit. Self-care is important and I've been slacking in that area for too long.

• Love 1

I've mentioned before that Daddy had significant heart issues (including a research surgery that was part of a study to get approval to make it public). He was 86 when he died, but he was the backbone and the nucleus. HE provided moms daily care until the day he went in the hospital (and then died quickly). SHE is a type I diabetic, also with a rare heart issue and a plate full of other assorteds. when they put him in hospital, I quickly got someone to cover Mama so I could stay with him. He died rapidly (just days later). His decline was obvious to all (even him, and he was a fighter). He was so weak, but had always Been our quite vocal spokesperson regarding medical issues, that I had to stay and be his advocate. I couldn't NOT.

Nobody disturbed him "much" the first night, if you're not counting 20 blood sticks, 10 respiratory visits, the hourly vitals check...it was relatively peaceful. The second night...all hell broke loose. At 2am, the door is opened with that knuckle bang and a CNA bringing an armload of sheets and towels. "I'ma give his bath", she announces.

I'm thinking, 1) at 2:00 in the MORNING is bath time? 2) he's asleep! 3) I don't work here, is this standard procedure???

I didn't speak right away, but my face was talking a mile a minute. She stops and says, "you don't want no bath?"

I say, "well, not at 2 in the morning, no. He's resting and he's not doing much of that. Can it wait?"

Lemme ask my supervisor, she says. Comes back with the charge nurse who questions why I won't let him have the bath, and I tell her. She says, "well, let's at least get him up on the potty chair". They helped him onto the chair and started scrambling around like ants on a mission; one stripping and changing his bed (it wasn't soiled), the other Giving HIM A BATH while he's seated on the potty chair. I'd just said no. I'D SAID NO!!!!!

I took that as a personal failure of my patient advocacy role, and was upset at my lack of scrotum.

The next night, like a persistent irritating broken alarm, at 2:00, the door bursts open and here comes my smiling CNA with a load of towels and sheets. I said "nope".

"You don't want him to have a bath so he can rest nice and clean?"

I look over to where Daddy has dozed off. He's resting.

"Nope"

I'ma have to get my supervisor and bring him back.

"You know what? I'll come with."

BECAUSE THIS POOR PITIFUL DYING MAN IS ASLEEP AND I DONT WANT TO HISS AND STAGE WHISPER SCREAM ABOUT HIS DAMN BATH AT TWO O-FLIPPING-CLOCK IN THE MORNING!!!!!!!!!!

The nursing supervisor wants to get testy with me, of course. It's in his chart that he gets a bath.

"Are you joking me? Are you? You're telling me that is says right there in his CHART that it's in Mr. c's best interest that we WAKE HIM UP, get him on a chair, wash him down, strip his bed and weigh him - that it's his VERY BEST INTEREST that we DO THAT at 2:00 IN.THE.MORNING.!?!?!?!?! Because I'll tell you something, he's OLD, and he's DYING, and his body has been RESTING at 2:00am for 86 years. I don't care if Jesus Christ himself walks in that room with a washcloth and basin, he is NOT getting up in the middle of the night to make YOUR schedule work. YOU HEAR ME?????"

Found them!!! Found the scrotum.

Later on, before daylight, the CNA tiptoes in. There's a big paper sign taped above his head that says HOH (hard of hearing). She leans over and underneath that, she scribbles "daughter is a bitch".

• Love 6
Later on, before daylight, the CNA tiptoes in. There's a big paper sign taped above his head that says HOH (hard of hearing). She leans over and underneath that, she scribbles "daughter is a bitch".

That should have been framed, HFC. You did good.   :)

(yes, I know it's supposed to be well, but I'm speaking in the vernacular, as opposed to English proper. I can't believe I actually went back to edit this so no one would think I was educated at the SDRT)

Edited by Catlyn
  • Love 8

Girl, I hope you kept that and have it hanging over the mantle. That's something to be proud of (and I mean that seriously)!

Y'all will be proud of me. I'm the owner of three new bras that actually fit (thank you, Nordstroms).

• Love 9

I've mentioned before that Daddy had significant heart issues (including a research surgery that was part of a study to get approval to make it public). He was 86 when he died, but he was the backbone and the nucleus. HE provided moms daily care until the day he went in the hospital (and then died quickly). SHE is a type I diabetic, also with a rare heart issue and a plate full of other assorteds. when they put him in hospital, I quickly got someone to cover Mama so I could stay with him. He died rapidly (just days later). His decline was obvious to all (even him, and he was a fighter). He was so weak, but had always Been our quite vocal spokesperson regarding medical issues, that I had to stay and be his advocate. I couldn't NOT.

Nobody disturbed him "much" the first night, if you're not counting 20 blood sticks, 10 respiratory visits, the hourly vitals check...it was relatively peaceful. The second night...all hell broke loose. At 2am, the door is opened with that knuckle bang and a CNA bringing an armload of sheets and towels. "I'ma give his bath", she announces.

I'm thinking, 1) at 2:00 in the MORNING is bath time? 2) he's asleep! 3) I don't work here, is this standard procedure???

I didn't speak right away, but my face was talking a mile a minute. She stops and says, "you don't want no bath?"

I say, "well, not at 2 in the morning, no. He's resting and he's not doing much of that. Can it wait?"

Lemme ask my supervisor, she says. Comes back with the charge nurse who questions why I won't let him have the bath, and I tell her. She says, "well, let's at least get him up on the potty chair". They helped him onto the chair and started scrambling around like ants on a mission; one stripping and changing his bed (it wasn't soiled), the other Giving HIM A BATH while he's seated on the potty chair. I'd just said no. I'D SAID NO!!!!!

I took that as a personal failure of my patient advocacy role, and was upset at my lack of scrotum.

The next night, like a persistent irritating broken alarm, at 2:00, the door bursts open and here comes my smiling CNA with a load of towels and sheets. I said "nope".

"You don't want him to have a bath so he can rest nice and clean?"

I look over to where Daddy has dozed off. He's resting.

"Nope"

I'ma have to get my supervisor and bring him back.

"You know what? I'll come with."

BECAUSE THIS POOR PITIFUL DYING MAN IS ASLEEP AND I DONT WANT TO HISS AND STAGE WHISPER SCREAM ABOUT HIS DAMN BATH AT TWO O-FLIPPING-CLOCK IN THE MORNING!!!!!!!!!!

The nursing supervisor wants to get testy with me, of course. It's in his chart that he gets a bath.

"Are you joking me? Are you? You're telling me that is says right there in his CHART that it's in Mr. c's best interest that we WAKE HIM UP, get him on a chair, wash him down, strip his bed and weigh him - that it's his VERY BEST INTEREST that we DO THAT at 2:00 IN.THE.MORNING.!?!?!?!?! Because I'll tell you something, he's OLD, and he's DYING, and his body has been RESTING at 2:00am for 86 years. I don't care if Jesus Christ himself walks in that room with a washcloth and basin, he is NOT getting up in the middle of the night to make YOUR schedule work. YOU HEAR ME?????"

Found them!!! Found the scrotum.

I would have added a note YOU BET I AM. DO NOT MESS WITH MY DADDY.

• Love 2

Y'all will be proud of me. I'm the owner of three new bras that actually fit (thank you, Nordstroms).

Guuuuuurl, I am SOOOOOO proud of you, and I mean that with my whole heart. I plan to do that myself very soon! (What brand, can I ask that?)

ETA: my oldest son is being sent to Brussels tomorrow to help get his airline back on track. Not that crazy about this thing...

Edited by Happyfatchick
  • Love 3

HFC thanks for understanding.  Hospice doesn't want you to go in hospital when you are home, but I told them if my husband said he couldn't breathe and to call the paramedics, I would.  There is simply no question.  He was ill for a very long time and the last 3 years about killed me. The support personnel were mostly horrid people.

Micks, I love you so much. I couldn't hit the like button on this post because I hated it. I hate that you felt so helpless and didn't get the care YOU needed. That's so SAD to me. So many times when you're doing your very best to maintain, the medical people seem like they're on a completely different page. I didn't honestly think any of our caregivers were horrid, but I did feel almost every day like we were passing around different songbooks. Not to mention we have 50-leven friends and 3 or 4 times as many family members, all full of helpful advice. I'm sure you had people popping you in the head with advice every day too. I guess while the hospice workers are a little afraid of being sued for giving the wrong instructions, friends/family don't have that threat. I can actually "hear" it in your words how incredibly alone you felt and how painful this was. I wish I could offer you something more than "I'm sorry you had to soldier through that", but please know my heart cried for you when I read this. I really am sorry.
  • Love 2

HFC  thank you so very much.  It was unbelievable and I had to get very nasty sometimes.  Much of what I wanted to know was so simple.  Both my mom and husband wanted to live and fought the coming of the light like you wouldn't believe.  But that was their choice.  And I support another's choice.    They never even talked to me about the possibility of dying even though it was obvious.  Both of them wanted life above all else.

• Love 5

Guuuuuurl, I am SOOOOOO proud of you, and I mean that with my whole heart. I plan to do that myself very soon! (What brand, can I ask that?)

Two are Natori and one is Simone Perele (which I had never heard of before). They're all t-shirt bras, with that thin layer of padding that looks smooth under all kinds of shirts. And I'm now a weird new size! 32DD, which is hysterical since I really don't look like I have a large chest at all. The bra fitting lady actually said if they made a bra that was a 32.5 DD, that would be my ideal size. I have a small rib cage and my grammy's big boobs. Hopefully mine don't start heading south as badly as hers did; I swear they were knee level when she took her bra off.

• Love 2

Hi all. I live in a mobile home Park ie: trailer park and 2 streets over a single wide 3 bedroom was sold. I was walking by it to get to the bus stop and I saw that a fundie family moved in. There were 12 kids that I counted playing in the back yard. I know that they were fundies because the girls were wearing the wonderful curled hair heavy make up and Little House on the Prarie dresses.

• Love 2

Hi all. I live in a mobile home Park ie: trailer park and 2 streets over a single wide 3 bedroom was sold. I was walking by it to get to the bus stop and I saw that a fundie family moved in. There were 12 kids that I counted playing in the back yard. I know that they were fundies because the girls were wearing the wonderful curled hair heavy make up and Little House on the Prarie dresses.

Well just whip up a Tater Tot casserole and go welcome them to the neighborhood... then report back... :)

• Love 11

My oldest brother is a dyed in the wool, sure enough, 25 lb King James, fire breathing dragon of fundamentalism. And his wife, and his son. His daughter took a left turn - has purple hair, plenty o' tats and a tongue ring. But my brother... Oy. I don't understand his approach to anything, so it's unlikely I'm going to suddenly see the light.

But his son. My nephew, is as hard core, if not as blindly vocal as his dad. HE came when Mama was dying (my brother didn't). And he brought his daughter, who's now 14. Long blue jean skirt to the floor, tight tshirt and half a case of makeup. Long hair ending in banana curls. I was floored. I haven't seen this kid for s couple years and suddenly, she's a DUGGAR!!! Their youngest (of five) is somewhere near 2, and the 14 year old carried that child on her hip 90% of the time. DUGGARS, I swear. (And guess what? They attend the SODRT). Like I said, Oy.

• Love 4

Oh HFC what a terrible shock.  I'm laughing my butt off here.  OMG it's frightful who we are related to.

Ocean Breeze I can't wait for your updates.  A single wide with 3 bedrooms is hard to imagine, but with 12 kids, oh no.  Do keep us posted.  You will see them a lot because obviously there isn't enough room for them inside; they'll be forced to spend a considerable amount of time outdoors just in order to breathe.

• Love 4

Aren't there some housing laws somewhere that can be enforced? Is there no such thing? Like a law that says you can't put 2 dozen eggs in a one dozen carton.

I guess not, our prisons would all have to shut down, right? Still. What about fire codes? If they had a fire (God forbid), what are the chances you're going to get all the adults and all the sardines out?

• Love 1

Happy - I got a good laugh at your own family of Duggars.

Does anyone have any exciting Easter plans or memories?

It has been our family tradition to dye Easter eggs on Saturday, the day before Easter. From childhood up, it still is something we look forward to. Since my now 26 yr old son was about 6 months old & sitting in his high chair watching us, my sister & I have carried on tradition with our kids-my son & 2 nieces. Nothing fancy, just the usual food coloring or Paas egg dye. We may go out on limb & try something I read about or saw on TV. My son really gets into it, being the intern architect & goes for more technical lines & drawings on his. The funny thing is the youngest participant, my niece, is 16 & is already bailing out for tomorrow. My other older niece will be on her way home from college. So that leaves us four adults- me, my sister, my son & 93 yr old Grandma (who does things like she is 70- no problem with her health & mind.)

We'll still have a fun time, mainly reminiscing of the egg dyeing when my sister & I were growing up. For some reason, egg dyeing was my dad's project with me & my sister. (Older brother bailed out when he could.) Instead of the food color type dye, we used the kind that was oil based & ended up making a colored swirl on the egg. The dye stayed on top of the water in a bowl & you dipped the egg thru the dye & then pulled it up using one of those flimsy metal type egg dippers. My sister & I were excited all day & couldn't wait til after dinner to dye the eggs. But towards the end, everyone was tired & just being kids, things didn't go as well as my father thought they should. Dad became upset when one of the eggs fell off the dipper or we didn't dip or pull the egg up at the precise time to get the best swirl. It didn't matter how the eggs ended up but I'm sure there were some tears shed, mainly by me, the youngest.

We also laugh that when we got older, my Dad rehid some of the eggs while the rest of us were at church. ( Dad was Christian, just not a church goer.) These were the days when real hardboiled eggs were hidden, way before the plastic eggs. (And we didn't get sick after eating the hard boiled ones that were left out for hours, if not days.) There was always a couple we couldn't find & didn't realize that Dad had rehidden some til we started counting them again or found them in the same spots. There's also the Easter when my sister babysat my 6 month old son & they helped the Easter Bunny by hiding the eggs in our house for me to find on his first Easter.

Too bad we have to visit both my dad & father-in-law (& others) at the cemetery at Easter. I didn't mean to ramble on, but our Easter memories are some of me & my sister's favorites.

• Love 6

I wasn't going to cook and dye eggs this year because I'm the only one that eats them. And given that my daughter would dye 2 dozen if she could, I just didn't want to deal with the hassle of arguing with her. She's 10 and is still highly unreasonable and demanding so there are many, many, many instances of mom and dad putting our foot down and she's lost many privileges, but dang sometimes that nature stuff just pops out and we're all, "What is wrong with you." To the point where our 13 year old son's therapist is strongly urging us to get her a brief stint of counseling to get the eff over herself. All of this to say, you may see a kid acting like a spoiled entitled brat but it doesn't mean the parents aren't in the trenches fighting that, every day. It probably means the parents are eyeing that bottle of red wine every night, though.

All of this to say, I got some white plastic eggs that said they could be dyed, but no go. Because, hello, plastic and hollow? But paint and markers and stickers right? She was kind of ok with that but yesterday she asked for deviled eggs for Easter. So I'll be boiling some eggs tonight, dye them tomorrow and peel them and make deviled eggs on Sunday. Otherwise it's going to be a quiet Easter, just having my mom over.

She also asked me to make noodle kugel. 

• Love 1

We don't have Easter traditions at our house because 1) we have no kids and b) DH is Jewish and I'm an agnostic. We have been commanded to make an appearance at the relatives for dinner, however, and this should be allll kinds of fun. Shall I enumerate for your amusement?

DH's sister and a couple of the cousins have kids. Of COURSE we must have an egg hunt. It's supposed to rain on Sunday. Can't wait. You might be thinking, "An egg hunt? That sounds like fun!" It's all fun and games until DH's sister and our obnoxious cousin get into a hair-pulling match over whose child got the most eggs and how it is Not Fair To The Littler Kids. I may have also mentioned the extreme food issues which rear their heads at every family gathering: One must bring a side dish that is organic/gluten free/vegan/vegetarian friendly, despite the fact that the vast majority of family members eat meat. There is no alcohol allowed due to the two people out of 25+ who are sober. And I may or may not have written to the family via e-mail and gored a sacred cow over the past few days. In other words, there will be words. And maybe I should film what happens as a result and sell it to TLC.

There are a few family members I am happy to see. The vast majority are those I'd rather avoid. And the only reason why we're going is that an elderly relative will be attending. We'll be having our "Easter dinner" on Monday night.

• Love 6

I'm doing as little as possible for Easter.  To me it's just a day off of work, which will be enjoyed.  I may go visit my mom for a bit a the nursing home, but that will be the extent.  Anymore a day where I'm not running around or making phone calls when I'm not at work is a joy.  Of course those days I'm usually too exhausted to do much more than dishes.  

frenchtoast - I understand.  I have a Her Majesty myself, spoiled in the attention department because she is our only, and don't you know, the sun rises and sets out of her butt, so the husband thinks anyway.  Picture me rolling my eyes into the back of my head.  She's going to be 21 this year and while she is way headstrong she's ended up being a really good kid.  I realize ten sounds so young but that's when mine started to ride that bitch train hard, and had her period at 11.  These poor girls now, they seem to start all that crap so much more earlier.  You will learn to ignore a lot...it can be done, and I think the counseling thing may be a good idea for you and your spouse, you may get some better ideas how to cope with her ever changing moods.  

I hope you all have a great Easter. 

• Love 3

My second wife was Jehovah's witness, I'm Catholic, what a pair. Key thing I learned is don't make life decisions in the heat of passion

. Was meaning she is no longer a JW or no longer your wife? I was raised JW, left at 18. My husband is atheist and I am spiritual (beleive in God but not religion). I do wish we were on the same page but I guess we deal with it ok, been married 25 years. Interested to hear how you deal with religion. - Since I did not celebrate holidays I usually go all out. This year we are having moms with kids (friends of our youngest) (one is also bringing her grandma) over that have no place to go. Brunch and an egg hunt, low key casual. I don't know them well, looking forward to "fellowshipping" with them. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. (HFC I hope this first holiday without your mom is full of wonderful reminiscing and not too much heartache).
  • Love 1

The hubs and I are in Savannah and have been fishing and enjoying NO mayhem for the last couple days. I'd almost forgotten.

So recently, he decided we needed a pop up camper to take to the river at home. We like to kayak and sometimes we stay at the river - it's nasty, muddy and occasionally snakey. We've been talking about buying a pull behind trailer type camper for awhile, so we brought the pop up to Savannah to test if we're up for camp life together. [let me mention here that I've been camping all my life, and so has he. Being able to camp overnight together and survive doesn't necessarily mean we could actually travel together and live to tell it]. So off we go.

Remember that moment in Castaway when Tom Hanks is almost dead, floating on that raft, parched and pitiful...and that huge cargo ship just comes up beside him and startles him with the WOOOOOOOOOONK horn???

The hubs got out and went in the office to check us in when we arrived and I stayed in the truck. And this happened:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/srdp5kv7e9awn7n/2016-03-23%2019.15.22.jpg?dl=0

I STILL crack up every time I look at that.

• Love 4

The hubs and I are in Savannah and have been fishing and enjoying NO mayhem for the last couple days. I'd almost forgotten.

So recently, he decided we needed a pop up camper to take to the river at home. We like to kayak and sometimes we stay at the river - it's nasty, muddy and occasionally snakey. We've been talking about buying a pull behind trailer type camper for awhile, so we brought the pop up to Savannah to test if we're up for camp life together. [let me mention here that I've been camping all my life, and so has he. Being able to camp overnight together and survive doesn't necessarily mean we could actually travel together and live to tell it]. So off we go.

Remember that moment in Castaway when Tom Hanks is almost dead, floating on that raft, parched and pitiful...and that huge cargo ship just comes up beside him and startles him with the WOOOOOOOOOONK horn???

The hubs got out and went in the office to check us in when we arrived and I stayed in the truck. And this happened:

Hopefully Todd Chrisley and company doesn't show up

• Love 1

Jim Bob's new ride?

Once again Happy, you made my day.

My house is essentially an infirmary, all at different stages of being sick. And on top of that, CherryMalotte threw me into a tizzy when she mentioned daughter and period and OH MY GOD I JUST CANNOT DEAL WITH THAT YET!!

• Love 2

My house is essentially an infirmary, all at different stages of being sick. And on top of that, CherryMalotte threw me into a tizzy when she mentioned daughter and period and OH MY GOD I JUST CANNOT DEAL WITH THAT YET!!

Sorry for everyone being sick, I've had an allergy/sinus thing going on since around thanksgiving.

Edited by BrianJ62

My allergies and sensitivity to smells have been acting up the last few days. The weather is not helping. One minute sunshine with no wind, next minute cloudy/raining/cooler. We need the moisture, so I can deal with cooler temps and rain instead of heat/drought/nasty wildfire smoke.

I also found out on facebook my dad had a heart attack. Would have been nice if someone would have call me to let me know. I have no idea when he had the heart attack. I guess he is okay. Plus there is some drama between my dad, step mother, and one of his brothers. UGH!!! And they wonder why I cannot spend five minutes around them without losing my mind.

I've missed you all!!

Sorry for everyone under the weather or dealing with family illness.

We are back from Las Vegas and while I love that place, it played complete havoc again with our allergies! Ugh.

• Love 2

Well I just had a funny thing happen and thought posters here might get a kick out of it. A nun (wearing a habit and everything) was driving really recklessly. When I first noticed her it was because of the huge "God will provide" sticker covering most of her rear window. I thought she had turned so I wasn't really watching for her anymore and wouldn't you know it, at the next light I nearly got rear ended by the nun. She was so busy texting away she was paying zero attention to traffic.

So apparently my lesson for today is that God will provide for the texting nun (and, hopefully, whoever she eventually crashes into).

• Love 5

We have been sick, sick, sick here with the flu, sinus infection AND bronchitis. All viral, so antibiotics are useless. I missed a week of work, which is unheard of. Luckily I own my own business and my clients were understanding. Husband got sick first, then I caught it from him. After a month ~a MONTH ~ I still am coughing like I am hacking up a lung. Seriously, my dog is giving me the side-eye because I am "barking" better than him. So over this.

• Love 3

Oh my gosh I'm sorry, I posted that texting nun thing right in the middle of so many talking about being sick and didn't even realize it. I was on the previous page I think.  I hope everyone starts to feel better VERY soon.

• Love 1

It doesn't sound like Spring is starting out well for some of you. Hope everyone starts feeling better soon.

I finished "I Fired God" & like others have said, it explains a lot.

Thought this was a funny story. Like I've said before, Mr Barb works out of state. I sent him an email on Tuesday about a few things, one of which about an old Patty Duke TV show episode I had watched. He emailed me back on Wednesday asking if I had known she died on Tuesday, the day I sent the email. I hadn't & his email was first I'd heard of it. I know it's just coincidence but I also think it may have to do with the powers that be. Either way, RIP Patty & Cathy Lane, as well as Helen Keller.

• Love 5