Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Kill Me, Kill Me, Kill Me

Ok - they got me. I didn't see the ending coming at all. Or maybe I'm just naive.

That fight between Annalise and Sam was so disturbing to watch. They made him good and evil before he died.

Oh and hot hot hot scene between Annalise & Nate. So - yay for that.

I can't believe it, but the show actually made the students' reasons for the coverup believable. I don't feel let down, though I thought Sam was legit dead after he was thrown down the stairs (I forgot about the trophy)

• Love 13

OMG, I am in total shock at that final scene. Annalise knew all along. She told Wes what to do to finish disposing of the body. Sam's death played out differently than I thought. I did not see Wes killing him to save Rebecca. Sam was so nasty to Annalise that I cannot cry over his death. However, now I am thinking that he did not kill Lila. 

Viola did a good job with Annalise leaving the message for Sam. I thought that it made Annalise seem pathetic, but that final scenes wiped that away. Nate is so damn cut and sexy as hell.

I love how steady Laurel was despite her shaking hands. I cannot believe that they really dumped Sam's remains in a dumpster. I cannot help wondering if Annalise is going to be charged with Sam's murder in the upcoming Spring finale.

Asher should not have had sex with drunk Bonnie, but I did chuckle when she told him to take off his pants.

Of course, Connor cannot confide Oliver. So Michaela gave in and signed the pre-nup. 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 7

The first 5 minutes, jaw was on the floor.

The last 2 minutes, eyes wide open. 

Her scene with Nate, I actually said "GET IT GIRL."  

The rest?  Damn filler.  Asher and Connor have their moments, the other 3 are so meh to me.  And the lighting director...doesn't like much like here does he?

I take it this is the last one until January?

• Love 3

As the season went along, especially seeing the relationship between the four, I knew there was no way the writers could set this up that it made any sense and sadly I was right. I don't even know where to even begin with the contrivances but let's just focus on the most obvious and glaring contrivance here - that apparently none of these people know how to CALL THE DAMN POLICE!!! And if I hadn't said it enough throughout the season, can Wes and Rebecca go burn in a damn fire somewhere?

I am most disappointed in Connor letting himself be talked into that bullshit when he literally did nothing but happen to be standing there. Michaela accidentally threw Sam over the stairs and Wes whacked him with the trophy. Laurel the dim bulb who seems to have some weird attachment to Wes of course jumps on the plan but I just cannot understand Connor not simply saying "screw this shit" and calling 911 and telling the police everything.

If he is as rich as has been implied, I cannot imagine his family couldn't get him some high priced lawyer that would get him completely off since he didn't actually commit any crimes. Well that was until he became a full on accessory and hacked Sam's body to pieces. Plus, clearly the boy is not so bright considering the best lie he could come up with to Oliver is that he's a drug addict. Why he didn't just say he was stressed about finals and took some stuff to keep him awake that messed with him, I have no idea. Now Oliver thinks he's a druggie. 

But back to the stupid of this episode. Let's start with the idiot Rebecca. Because apparently she absolutely had to get the information on the computer right then and there. Sam was bound to leave his house at some point but no, she goes in while he's there, while he already looks rattled and on edge and then locks herself in the bathroom to get information. Then Wes tells Connor and Laurel that Sam killed Lila and Rebecca is trying to find proof and that's why they need to get to the house and again neither idiot says, "um duh, we'll call 911." Because guess what, even if Sam killed Lila, he won't hurt Rebecca knowing the police are at the house or on their way so that was probably the best way to protect her. But no, the dumb squad go to the house and try to handle the situation themselves. 

Just idiotic behavior all around and of course Annalise knows the truth and boy she made sure to cover her ass, first hooking up with Nate, that gives her an alibi, the frantic  call to Bonnie and the apology message on Sam's phone, I guess in case the police find his cell. Also, I guess we're supposed to assume that Sam really did kill Lila or is that still a mystery for the next season? Because I still say I can't stand Rebecca and Wes but while I just can't stand Rebecca and need her gone as of yesterday, Wes is the one I REALLY don't trust. That kid has a whole lot of secrets going on and he's just gotten the three morons to play a part in his shit. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 23

Oh I love Tom Verica and seeing him evil in this show was a treat. I will miss seeing him on my TV though but still the episode was great..and it does make me wonder how the Spring Finale will go.

I will have to watch this again...

• Love 1

The episode was cool but all the character are fucking dumbasses

why would connor and laurel go along with this dumbass paln to dispose of the body when they did not even kill the man and really did nothing illegeal. They should have left wes and rebecca's dumbass on their own

both of these characters have made so many dumb decisions and i am really sick and tired of their shitty emo love story they are the two worst characters on the show.God i wished sma had killed rebecca dumb ass

• Love 3

I didn't see that coming at all. So so good.

Annalise is one cool character. I was so shocked by her voice message. I couldn't believe she would want to go back to him. But then I thought well at least it will help her if they think she killed him. Then at the end to learn it was all fake. Awesome!

• Love 11

As the season went along, especially seeing the relationship between the four, I knew there was no way the writers could set this up that it made any sense and sadly I was right. I don't even know where to even begin with the contrivances but let's just focus on the most obvious and glaring contrivance here - that apparently none of these people know how to CALL THE DAMN POLICE!!! And if I hadn't said it enough throughout the season, can Wes and Rebecca go burn in a damn fire somewhere.

I am most disappointed in Connor letting himself be talked into that bullshit when he literally did nothing but happen to be standing there. Michaela accidentally threw Sam over the stairs and Wes whacked him with the trophy. Laurel the dim bulb who seems to have some weird attachment to Wes of course jumps on the plan but I just cannot understand Connor seeing "screw this shit" and calling 911 and telling the police everything. If he is as rich as has been implied, I cannot imagine his family couldn't get him some high priced lawyer that would get him completely off since he didn't actually commit any crimes. Well that was until he became a full on accessory and hacked Sam's bodies to pieces. Plus, clearly the boy is not so bright considering the best lie he could come up with to Oliver is that he's a drug addict. Why he didn't just say he was stressed about finals and took some stuff to keep him up that messed with him, I have no idea. Now Oliver thinks he's a druggie. 

But back to the stupid of this episode. Let's start with the idiot Rebecca. Because apparently she absolutely had to get the information on the computer right then and there. Sam was bound to leave his house at some point but no, she goes in while he's there, while he already looks rattled and on edge and then locks herself in the bathroom to get information. Then Wes tells Connor and Lila and company Sam killed Lila and Rebecca is trying to find proof and that's why they need to get to the house and again neither idiot says, "um duh, we'll call 911." Because guess what, even if Sam killed Lila, he won't hurt Rebecca knowing the police are at the house or on their way so that was probably the best way to protect her. But no, the dumb squad go to the house and try to handle the situation themselves. 

Just idiotic behavior all around and of course Annalise knows the truth and boy she made sure to cover her ass, first hooking up with Nate, that gives her an alibi, the frantic  call to Bonnie and the apology message on Sam's phone, I guess in case the police find his cell. Also, I guess we're supposed to assume that Sam really did kill Lila or is that still a mystery for the next season. Because I still say I can't stand Rebecca and Wes but while I just can't stand Rebecca and need her gone as of yesterday, Wes is the one I REALLY don't trust. That kid has a whole lot of secrets going on and he's just gotten the three morons to play a part in his shit. 

I love you so much you basically verbalized every complaint i had with this episode

there was so much dumb ass moves made especially during their disposing of the body that im really shocked they didn't get caught I mean these cahracters are freaking stupid

Mckayala really threw away her dreams of being a lawyer for rebecca's trashy ass seriously

connor and laurel  acted so out of character to help this piece of shit rebecca ughhhhhhhhhh I hate rebecca  she jsut truns everything to shit and she is dumb as hell. Wes told her to not go through with her little dumb ass plan and she just had to do it while sam was home. I hate that dumb borad

wes is also a fucking asshole Annalise told him not to reveal thast information to rebecca and he did like an asshole  they both deserve to sit behind bars because they are fucking stupid

• Love 2

Yoooooo at the ending though. This whole time we were speculating that the Scooby Gang were covering for Annalise, when she was really the one helping to cover for them. So that was why Wes lied about the coin flip, and why Annalise wasn't absolutely freaking that her carpet was gone (it was bothering me that she hadn't seemed to notice that before the reveal). Just...A+ on a cliffhanger that was both blindsiding and made total sense. That's hard to pull off.

I am a little confused about the timeline though. So did Annalise leave after her fight with Sam to cool off, then come back after he'd been killed and the Scooby Gang had left, and then go to Nate's?

I actually thought he was dead when he fell over the banister, and I assumed the trophy was just a red herring (it accidentally got dropped in his blood or something). But then just as I realized that his body wasn't where they'd previously shown it was when he started choking Rebecca.

So, I get why they covered it up. At first they thought it was felony murder when he fell over the banister (I didn't see Michaela throw him and I thought it could have been anyone). And even though the actual killing was in defense of another, they had still broken into his house, stolen his property, etc. Not to mention that a medical examiner might be able to argue that if he hadn't fallen over the banister before Wes hit him, he might have survived. Two bonks to the head instead of just one.

Asher and Bonnie's sexcapades were exactly as awkward as they should have been. But lol at douchebag Asher being unsure about sleeping with Bonnie because she was drunk. He really is the most human of the bunch.

Oliver is adorable. Connor totally screwed him over but he's still worried about his "drug addiction."

I'm surprised they didn't do a montage of the Scooby Gang dumping the plastic bags in different dumpsters. But I guess it was getting light and they had to hurry?

Did Michaela find her engagement ring in the bag or no?

• Love 6

Ok - they got me. I didn't see the ending coming at all. Or maybe I'm just naive.

That fight between Annalise and Sam was so disturbing to watch. They made him good and evil before he died.

Oh and hot hot hot scene between Annalise & Nate. So - yay for that.

I can't believe it, but the show actually made the students' reasons for the coverup believable. I don't feel let down, though I thought Sam was legit dead after he was thrown down the stairs (I forgot about the trophy)

the fight between Annalise and sam shocked the hell out of me. I thought she was about to stab his ass for a second. If someone talked to me like that lol  i would ...........................

Annalise is not as tough as she looks i was shaking when he basically called an easy lay just good for sex .    I was glad he died but the wya it was handled was stupid

Laurel and Connor had no reason to go along with wes dumb ass plan and they should have let mckayla call the police lamsot all the characters acted out of character to make this contrived murder cover up happen.  I t really pissed me off that it happened defending rebecca who was so stupid she couldn't wiat til sam left home to complete her mission no she runs in the house while he was actually there none of it would happened if it was not for her.

she is the least likeable character on the show to me and i wish sam had killed her before he died lol

I kinda figured Wes killed Sam to protect Rebecca, but the Annalise thing was a complete shock.

Did Michaela find her engagement ring in the bag or no?

I don't think so. That's probably why she wore the gloves when visiting the MIL, so she wouldn't notice that she didn't have her ring.

• Love 4
she is the least likeable character on the show to me and i wish sam had killed her before he died lol

Seriously, when she ran up the stairs, yelling for Michaela to call Wes, all I was thinking is I wished this had been a murder/suicide. Sam kills her, then kills himself. I think the moment I actually yelled out "shut the fuck up" at the screen was when Wes, that little shit, had the gall to say that it was Michaela's fault because she accidentally shoved Sam over the stairs.

The absolute nerve and still, none of those morons - Laurel, Connor and Micheala got a damn clue and thought to call the police, instead going along with the little shit's plans that mostly center around protecting his dumbass girlfriend. The one who thought it was a great idea to come and try to get evidence of Sam's committing murder while he was in the house and knew what she was doing. I also had another "shut the fuck up" moment with her indignant, "I didn't ask anyone to help me." Ugh...just die already. 

You know, at another discussion board, someone was commenting on not understanding why people seem so intense in the dislike for Wes and Rebecca when most of the relationships on the show make no sense, like Laurel and Frank and even Connor and Oliver where Connor seemed to develop real feelings fairly quickly. Well as one who loathes Wes and Rebecca with the fire of a thousand suns - the reason is that these other relationships are just side stories on the show. They don't really affect the main plots so it's easier to ignore.

The reason the Wes/Rebecca shit is so nauseating and frustrating is because her annoying ass was largely tied to the larger mystery and because of that, Wes' creepy ass and random obsession with her out of nowhere, also affected the larger story. The point is you can't ignore their shitty ass, chemistry less relationship because it's intertwined with the main mystery of the show. And that's why it's so frustrating because it makes no sense and they suck as hell together. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 18

I am a little confused about the timeline though. So did Annalise leave after her fight with Sam to cool off, then come back after he'd been killed and the Scooby Gang had left, and then go to Nate's?

I think that is exactly what happened. When Annalise went back to her house, she found Sam dead. She was sitting at her desk, probably trying to figure what to do when Wes came in. As I think about it, she was likely afraid that she would be accused of killing him. She came up with the plan to dispose of the DNA on the body. Wes was following her orders which is why he was so calm and insisted on them getting rid of the rest of the body in an incinerator. After sending Wes off, Annalise went to Nate's so she could give herself an alibi. 

Oliver is adorable. Connor totally screwed him over but he's still worried about his "drug addiction."

Oliver is a sweetheart. I hope that he and Connor get it together.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2

Seriously, when she ran up the stairs, yelling for Michaela to call Wes, all I was thinking is I wished this had been a murder/suicide. Sam kills her, then kills himself. I think the moment I actually yelled out "shut the fuck up" at the screen was when Wes, that little shit, had the gall to say that it was Michaela's fault because she accidentally shoved Sam over the stairs.

The absolute nerve and still, none of those morons - Laurel, Connor and Micheala got a damn clue and thought to call the police, instead going along with the little shit's plans that mostly center around protecting his dumbass girlfriend. The one who thought it was a great idea to come and try to get evidence of Sam's committing murder while he was in the house and knew what she was doing. I also had another "shut the fuck up" moment with her indignant, "I didn't ask anyone to help me." Ugh...just die already. 

You know, at another discussion board, someone was commenting on not understanding why people seem so intense in the dislike for Wes and Rebecca when most of the relationships on the show make no sense, like Laurel and Frank and even Connor and Oliver where Connor seemed to develop real feelings fairly quickly. Well as one who loathes Wes and Rebecca with the fire of a thousand suns - the reason is that these other relationships are just side stories on the show. They don't really affect the main plots so it's easier to ignore.

The reason the Wes/Rebecca shit is so nauseating and frustrating is because her annoying ass was largely tied to the larger mystery and because of that, Wes' creepy ass and random obsession with her out of nowhere, also affected the larger story. The point is you can't ignore their shitty ass, chemistry less relationship because it's intertwined with the main mystery of the show. And that's why it's so frustrating because it makes no sense and they suck as hell together. 

nobody was angry at Wes or his dumbass girlfriend for putting them in this situation . That seemed very unrealsitic

Michaela aka ms.perfect should had hte ultimate bitch come out of her they just ruined her life . It was so eye roll worthy to me how none of htem turned agianst Wes or pointed out that fact him and his annoying ass girlfriiend piut them in this situation in the first  place. I was seriously wanting to slap everyone on the screen

yall just let this bug eye fool wes convince yall to help cover up a murder that yall didn't comitt , to make matters even worse was rebecca's comment about not needing help. Wes should slapped her dumb ass he killed sam for her and she was still being  the ungrateful emo bitch she is ughhhhhhhh I really don't like her.

• Love 1

After all of that, I hope it turns out that actually Rebecca did kill Lila. 

I mean how stupid can one group of people be?! And they're supposed to be law students?! 

yes totally  stupid lol

that would be funny and i was so mad when wes destroyed the flash drive, meaning he destroyed the only proof they may have had of sam murdering rebecca which also means rebecca ran up in sam's house like a crazy person and risked death for nothing and he killed sam for nothing

that was so fucking stupid for wes to destroy the flash drive ugggggggggh

After all of that, I hope it turns out that actually Rebecca did kill Lila.

I mean how stupid can one group of people be?! And they're supposed to be law students?!

Seriously...I just have no words. 

Can someone summarize what basically happened tonight? I'm so confused. I watched it all but am pretty stumped. Please clarify -- thank you!!

The gist - Wes murdered Sam after Michaela accidentally threw him down the stairs because Sam was choking Rebecca. For reasons that are too dumb to analyze, the idiots who had nothing to do with any of this, went along with trying to cover up the whole thing. When Wes went back to the house to get the trophy so they could get rid of the murder weapon, Annalise was there, presumably having returned home and found Sam dead. And the assumption then is that Wes told her what happened and she was the one who told him they needed to get rid of the body and everything else he convinced the others to do that night. 

Michaela aka ms.perfect should had hte ultimate bitch come out of her they just ruined her life .

She only had one moment where she basically called out that all of this was Rebecca's fault and why should any of them go down for her but of course St. Laurel had to pipe in that it wasn't Rebecca's fault and she was a victim. Whatever...

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1

yes totally  stupid lol

that would be funny and i was so mad when wes destroyed the flash drive, meaning he destroyed the only proof they may have had of sam murdering rebecca which also means rebecca ran up in sam's house like a crazy person and risked death for nothing and he killed sam for nothing

The emails are still on Sam's computer which Annalise will no doubt give to the police. Even if the emails/data are not on Sam's computer, they will be stored on the university's server as is all data that sent through its system.

• Love 3

yes totally  stupid lol

At that point he was following Annalise's instructions though wasn't he? I get why he destroyed the flash-drive, it put them at the scene of the crime, and it's not as if Rebecca could use it in court for her defense so it had no use anymore really. 

Wes, Connor and Laurel just going to the house and not calling the police was stupid. 

Michaela relaying to Wes what was going on instead of calling the police was stupid. 

Not calling the police after Sam fell over the bannister was stupid. 

Sitting down to discuss what to do instead of getting out of there after Sam fell over the bannister was stupid. 

Connor, Laurel and Michaela who didn't steal files and kill the guy going along with the cover-up was stupid.

• Love 3

I can buy the panic and felony murder discussion, from my time in law school where we would be total nerds and over-analyze every situation. And then once they had all pretty much agreed it was sink or swim for all of them, boom he wasn't really dead until Wes clocked him but they don't really stop and think that it is all on Wes now. And very clearly he was defending Rebecca.

Sadly, I was not surprised by the final scene. Something about the way Wes crept so silently into the house to get the statue I was sure Annalise was there. (And, wouldn't he have seen her car in the driveway?)

Teezy - it was fine to destroy the flash drive since he knew Annalise was in on it. You can't have Rebecca turn up with the drive but now Annalise can turn his computer over to the police and the same things will be found. Presumably after Sam's DNA proves it was his baby.

I hope the fact that Annalise orchestrated the cover up means they did something smart with his cell phone. That's what I was worried about the whole time. Where is it? Are they sure it's destroyed so it can't be tracked, or is it sitting in one of those garbage bags?

Edited by TexasGal
  • Love 5

I can only hope that once this season is complete, Wes and Rebecca's storyline is finished and the characters written out. Really, how much longer can that arc continue-- Annalise continually lording this knowledge over Wes's head. Til graduation? Seasons? Years?

Laurel, Connor and Michaela are all ignorant of their pawn status, and each of them have on-going character development/relationships outside of the central murder. Keeping Wes makes little sense, storywise, outside of some sort of student/sensei thing they are attempting (and failing) to develop with Annalise.

Poor Bonnie. Poor Frank. Players being played. Love them both.

Edited by Dean Learner
  • Love 4

If Sam's hacked-up body is found, won't carpet pieces be found, too, and won't that tie his murder to Annalise's house? Or was the carpet supposed to burn in its entirety even though his body didn't? Also, was Annalise at Nate's when they removed the body from her house? Or was she hiding inside when they lied to the cop right outside her front door?

I don't really know why I'm still watching this show. I guess it's entertaining enough, but I'm not all that intrigued by either mystery and most of the characters I don't like. And it's not like there isn't other stuff to entertain in its timeslot. But the show isn't completely horrible, so I'll stick with it.

The ending twist was clever, but I wasn't blindsided by it/ I thought Annalise calling Sam to apologize was pathetic. But there was some point during the speech where I thought it could be possible that she's not so pathetic and she's trying to set up some kind of alibi and wondered if she actually knew already that Sam was dead. I hadn't figured out how, but there were a couple of moments with Annalise that just seemed off.

I am most disappointed in Connor letting himself be talked into that bullshit when he literally did nothing but happen to be standing there. Michaela accidentally threw Sam over the stairs and Wes whacked him with the trophy. Laurel the dim bulb who seems to have some weird attachment to Wes of course jumps on the plan but I just cannot understand Connor not simply saying "screw this shit" and calling 911 and telling the police everything.

Exactly. I know that they tried to cover up with the whole felony murder excuse, but it just didn't fly. Connor, and to some extent Laurel, really did nothing wrong and could have gotten out of it easily.

I didn't find the love scene between Nate and Annalise hot. I know it seems crazy but I'm not all that impressed with Billy Brown's body. I thought the directing was too chaotic. I know it was supposed to be a passionate scene, but it didn't work for me. I wasn't into the O faces Viola Davis was making. Plus, didn't Nate tell Annalise some woman (I'm assuming his wife) was in the hospital. So if they were knocking boots while his wife is hospitalized, that's even sketchier.

I'm officially done with Wes and Rebecca. Now that we know everything that happened, I wholeheartedly agree with Michaela that Rebecca is the one that got them into this. I don't know what the hell she was thinking trying to get Sam's computer then. It could have waited and there were better times to try and do it. I was hoping that by the time we caught up to the time of Sam's murder, Rebecaa and Wes' relationship would be better developed, especially why Wes is so obsessed with her. But, nope, other than a couple of scenes, I still don't buy their relationship. I especially don't buy Rebecca saying things like she'll kill herself if Wes gets in trouble.

Now that we know Annalise most likely put Wes up to the idea of getting rid of Sam's body, his coin flip manipulation is a little less sketchy. But I still don't like him. I don't have trouble buying Alfred Enoch's American accent, but I still really, really hate the sound of his voice. His character's development is so much worse than the rest of the other students.

Plus, clearly the boy is not so bright considering the best lie he could come up with to Oliver is that he's a drug addict. Why he didn't just say he was stressed about finals and took some stuff to keep him up that messed with him, I have no idea. Now Oliver thinks he's a druggie.

That excuse would have made more sense. Unless he's planning on using the lie later to try and get sympathy points with Oliver.

• Love 1

The emails are still on Sam's computer which Annalise will no doubt give to the police. Even if the emails/data are not on Sam's computer, they will be stored on the university's server as is all data that sent through its system.

you are correct but still that means rebecca did all that for nothing and she was ungrateful about the help she received .

That is assuming Annalise didnt make the compute go missing i saw the the look and wes exchanged near the end . I think she knows Wes and the crew have something to do with her husband's death

Also, was Annalise at Nate's when they removed the body from her house? Or was she hiding inside when they lied to the cop right outside her front door?

I'm pretty sure she was already at Nate. My guess is Wes told her what happened, she told him what to do, left to make sure she had her alibi and he went to the other three and began convincing them that they had to go back and get the body.

I think she knows Wes and the crew have something to do with her husband's death

I'm pretty sure she knows exactly what happened. That was the point of the flashback between her and Wes. She likely came home, saw Sam dead and was trying to figure out what do, naturally assuming the police would think she did it, especially with the very angry fight she and Sam had that night. While she was trying to decide what to do, Wes walked in to retrieve the murder weapon and with him caught red handed by her, he likely spilled the beans on the entire story. 

And she then came up with the plan and informed him of how he and the others would get rid of the body and probably told him, she would make sure it came out that Sam likely murdered Lila because he had been having an affair with her and he was the father of her baby. That way, the police and investigators will likely believe that he probably did just run away because he realized with the DNA of all the men in Lila's life being tested, the truth would come out. Basically, with his back against the wall because again, he was caught red handed by Annalise retrieving the murder weapon, Wes has no choice but to trust her and go along with her plan.

Plus, didn't Nate tell Annalise some woman (I'm assuming his wife) was in the hospital. So if they were knocking boots while his wife is hospitalized, that's even sketchier.

Yeah you're right, he did say his wife was back in the hospital which is exactly why like you, I was not swooning over that scene. Because wow, way to be horribly insensitive cheating asshole. I don't care how hot his body supposedly is.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 4

you are correct but still that means rebecca did all that for nothing and she was ungrateful about the help she received .

That is assuming Annalise didnt make the compute go missing i saw the the look and wes exchanged near the end . I think she knows Wes and the crew have something to do with her husband's death

Of course she knows... She was there when Wes came back for the trophy and to say sorry to Sam's dead body. 

• Love 1

I can buy the panic and felony murder discussion, from my time in law school where we would be total nerds and over-analyze every situation. And then once they had all pretty much agreed it was sink or swim for all of them, boom he wasn't really dead until Wes clocked him but they don't really stop and think that it is all on Wes now. And very clearly he was defending Rebecca.

Sadly, I was not surprised by the final scene. Something about the way Wes crept so silently into the house to get the statue I was sure Annalise was there. (And, wouldn't he have seen her car in the driveway?)

Teezy - it was fine to destroy the flash drive since he knew Annalise was in on it. You can't have Rebecca turn up with the drive but now Annalise can turn his computer over to the police and the same things will be found. Presumably after Sam's DNA proves it was his baby.

I hope the fact that Annalise orchestrated the cover up means they did something smart with his cell phone. That's what I was worried about the whole time. Where is it? Are they sure it's destroyed so it can't be tracked, or is it sitting in one of those garbage bags?

I just don't like wes lol

so i find everything he does wrong including breathing lol

I mean this dude has literally risjed his whole law career over a freaking junkie who has treated him with disrespect the whole time it is real strange to me. i really don't understand his fascination with rebecca.  She isn't really sexy at all imo and her gothic emo look is so tired and early 2000s it jsut seems forced

Wes could do way better him and Michaela. I wished shows would atually pair the black characters up for once instead of trying to force chemistry less inter racial relationships that make no sense

Sam & Annalise wes& rebecca neither one had chemistry

Wes has more chemistry with Annalise than his supposed girlfriend , Annalise and Nate was just hot together  . I mean black couples can be happy to its like they don't like showing black people in relationships on mainstream tv shit is weird to be its always either inter racial or some ghetto ratchet hood relationship

Edited by teezy
  • Love 3

Looks like Anni orchestrated this whole thing by grilling into Wes that her husband was guilty. Him saying sorry to Sam was like the icing on the cake cause he wouldn't say sorry since he was protecting Rebecca from Sam strangling her. Her getting her alibi by going to Nate's house, leaving a message on Sam's phone and calling Bonnie saying "are you with him". She's getting her alibi in check, controlling Wes, while Michaela, Connor, and Laurel are basically pawns in this twisted thing Anni and Wes have.

Glad to see that Michaela wasn't the only one disturbed by what's happened as Connor had the same reaction once he went to Oliver's place. Feel bad for Connor and Michaela for being dragged into it, don't care so much about Laurel. Connor had me laughing a little bit when Michaela was calling telling them what was going on and he wanted to see the look on her face. Their banter is just too cute and still one of the highlights of the show.

I don't see longevity in Wes' character though, too involved. I just don't like Wes, Frank, or Laurel, they're just horrible characters. Bonnie is a bitch but she's interesting nonetheless.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 2

Did anyone notice how calm Laurel was it was like she has done this before

she was in control of her emotions the whole fucking time it was very disturbing and weird

Wes has already shown he is willing to blur the lines so it was not suprisingh how in control he was  but Laurel suprised the hell out of me

• Love 1

Thanks for helping clear up this very murky mess. The thing I'm now wondering is -- when Annalise came home and found her dead husband on the floor, why wasn't she freaking out wondering WHO did it? I read above that she was worried that it might be pinned on her, but that would come later -- but at that moment, how could she know that the whole evening was set in motion by revenge-obsessed Rebecca? What am I missing about Annalise's cool reaction, just sitting here in the study??

• Love 2

I don't really know why I'm still watching this show. I guess it's entertaining enough, but I'm not all that intrigued by either mystery and most of the characters I don't like. And it's not like there isn't other stuff to entertain in its timeslot. But the show isn't completely horrible, so I'll stick with it.

The ending twist was clever, but I wasn't blindsided by it/ I thought Annalise calling Sam to apologize was pathetic. But there was some point during the speech where I thought it could be possible that she's not so pathetic and she's trying to set up some kind of alibi and wondered if she actually knew already that Sam was dead. I hadn't figured out how, but there were a couple of moments with Annalise that just seemed off.

Exactly. I know that they tried to cover up with the whole felony murder excuse, but it just didn't fly. Connor, and to some extent Laurel, really did nothing wrong and could have gotten out of it easily.

I didn't find the love scene between Nate and Annalise hot. I know it seems crazy but I'm not all that impressed with Billy Brown's body. I thought the directing was too chaotic. I know it was supposed to be a passionate scene, but it didn't work for me. I wasn't into the O faces Viola Davis was making. Plus, didn't Nate tell Annalise some woman (I'm assuming his wife) was in the hospital. So if they were knocking boots while his wife is hospitalized, that's even sketchier.

I'm officially done with Wes and Rebecca. Now that we know everything that happened, I wholeheartedly agree with Michaela that Rebecca is the one that got them into this. I don't know what the hell she was thinking trying to get Sam's computer then. It could have waited and there were better times to try and do it. I was hoping that by the time we caught up to the time of Sam's murder, Rebecaa and Wes' relationship would be better developed, especially why Wes is so obsessed with her. But, nope, other than a couple of scenes, I still don't buy their relationship. I especially don't buy Rebecca saying things like she'll kill herself if Wes gets in trouble.

Now that we know Annalise most likely put Wes up to the idea of getting rid of Sam's body, his coin flip manipulation is a little less sketchy. But I still don't like him. I don't have trouble buying Alfred Enoch's American accent, but I still really, really hate the sound of his voice. His character's development is so much worse than the rest of the other students.

That excuse would have made more sense. Unless he's planning on using the lie later to try and get sympathy points with Oliver.

it depends on the level of Annalise involvement sometimes on the show she comes off very manipulative but her husband Sam made her look very pathetic.

Actually extremily pathetic so pathetic that even thought she cheated on him too she was over there crying over their shitty excuse of a marriage . i like that Annalise is a stereotype but her character comes off as very weak at times when it concerns her husband

i really hope she did pull of this big time manipualtion of everyone if not i will pissed that she was the weak broad i thoguht she was

This whole time we were speculating that the Scooby Gang were covering for Annalise, when she was really the one helping to cover for them.

Or did she set the whole series of events in motion....dun dun duuuun

I think she has clearly manipulated Wes this season; has likely manipulated Nate (or they were working together all along); and intentionally brought Sam to an insane boil in their fight this evening.  Maybe she didn't expect the murder, but she expected him to be rattled and insane and do something stupid.

At the end of the day, I wouldn't be surprised if Analisse killed Lila having overheard her on the porch with Bonnie, but who knows.

Also, I'm expecting these guys to get A's in her class for the semester....unexpected bonus for murder!

Edited by pennben
  • Love 3

The alibi thing makes no sense to me either... The policemen they spoke to can discredit their alibi plus Wes did so much travelling around that there will be witnesses and CCTV to blow holes in his alibi, which in turn destroys the rest. Plus Rebecca has no alibi.

• Love 1

I didn't get that Rebecca was ungrateful at all. She was willing to take responsibility for murder. Besides they were all in shock. While I see the point that they made bad decisions, in the moment, I totally understand why they did. 

Yes, Annalise knows that Wes and the group killed her husband. It is strongly implied that she wa the one who told Wes how get rid of Sam's body. And even if Annalise ditched Sam's computer, like I said the emails and data would all be on the university's server.

• Love 2

Thanks for helping clear up this very murky mess. The thing I'm now wondering is -- when Annalise came home and found her dead husband on the floor, why wasn't she freaking out wondering WHO did it? I read above that she was worried that it might be pinned on her, but that would come later -- but at that moment, how could she know that the whole evening was set in motion by revenge-obsessed Rebecca? What am I missing about Annalise's cool reaction, just sitting here in the study??

Annalise has been manipulating thse people for a while . Remeber she told wes that little bit of information that caused Rebecca to join up with the Cop and pull the dumbass stunt that she did at Sam's house

Annalise manipulated Bonnieknowing good in well Bonnie loves her she used bonnie for the information  , she used wes because he is a dumbass and will do anything to prtoect his dumb girlfriend

she may have not been there for the murder but she is definitely partially responisble and I think she things were going to get ugly

Edited by teezy

I think that Annalise was sitting at her desk wondering what to do. No doubt she would have been afraid that the police would accuse her of killing Sam. Who else would be the logical suspect? She was also very likely in shock.

Annalise did not know who killed Sam until Wes came in picked up the statue and said that he was sorry. No doubt Wes told everything that happened that night and she decided the best thing to do is to get rid of Sam's body and pretend that he had fled because confronted him about getting Lila pregnant.d

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 1

Or did she set the whole series of events in motion....dun, dun duhhhh! 

I think she has clearly manipulated Wes this season; has likely manipulated Nate (or they were working together all along); and intentionally brought Sam to an insane boil in their fight this evening.  Maybe she didn't expect the murder, but she expected him to be rattled and insane and do something stupid.

At the end of the day, I wouldn't be surprised if Analisse killed Lila having overheard her on the porch with Bonnie, but who knows.

Also, I'm expecting these guys to get A's in her class for the semester....unexpected bonus for murder~

yep you got that right

I was thinking Annalise was a weak broad letting sam paly with her emotions like that but she has been manipulating Wes dumbass since the time he caught her cheating with Nate

this was caustrophy waitng to happen  . Annalise use wes do to what she could kill her husband she knew the two idiots wes and rebecca would do something stupid with the little bit of information she gave Wes

I was shocked by the very end, which was funny because the whole episode I kept fussing about how the Scooby Gang seemed to come and go all night from the office, yet always entered as if they knew no one would be there. That place was hopping all hours of the night at times and they didn't know where anyone was.

So why did Nate try to hide Sam's guilt from Annalise earlier? I know he was mad at her, but that's an odd way to get back at someone.

Is the audience suppose to know/feel Sam is guilty of Lila's murder just because he grabbed Annalise's throat? Doesn't seem like enough. Plus the emails would likely just prove he was having an affair, as the DNA test would. I doubt there's anything there to convict him of murder. Make him a suspect, sure.

• Love 1

We still don't know who killed Lila though. I don't think it's Sam since they killed him off. Might be Bonnie, Frank, or Anni, don't think it's Michaela, Connor, Laurel, Asher, or Wes that killed her. Who knows it could be Aiden.