Type keyword(s) to search

The Pulse: Jessica Jones In The Media

13 hours ago, The Crazed Spruce said:

Really, I'm not surprised. All the main characters from all four shows are gonna be in The Defenders, so putting off the new seasons 'til 2018 makes sense. Sure, I'd love to see season 2 of JJ before then, but Defenders ought to at least tide us over.

Yea was there any surprise that we won't be able be seeing any Jessica Jones until 2018? I  figured that was the plan even before Punisher was announced. Just as long as we get more Jessica Jones before more Luke Cage episodes I will be happy, since that show really didn't work for me. Punisher I am not so sure about, always thought the character was one note, although the Netflix version is the best one I have seen.

• Love 2

I really wonder if I'll like S2 at all.  The first season was so different from any other Marvel action hero blah blah blah I can't imagine they'll be able to resist the formula any longer.  I loved S1.  Did not like Luke Cage.  Am not interested in any of the rest of it.  I will check in with hope but.......

3 hours ago, nosleepforme said:

I guess it depends on what they do with the show now that Jessica's backstory has somewhat fallen away.

I wonder whether they will start releasing more Marvel shows per year once The Defenders has dropped. It seems to defeat the purpose of a TV series if you only release two Marvel shows per year with a 2-year-waiting period for a new season.

I wonder if they will change things up and start introducing new shows and characters after The Defenders wraps up. After watching an entire Luke Cage season and all but one episode of Iron Fist i would totally be fine wrapping up their stories in The Defenders, or at least combing their shows in season 2.

As for Jessica and her backstory i really hope for season 2 we see some flashback clips of the Patsy Show.

4 hours ago, nosleepforme said:

I guess it depends on what they do with the show now that Jessica's backstory has somewhat fallen away.

They still have the mystery of how Jessica ended up with powers in the first place, which was teased in the first season. I assume that story will make up a large part of the season, with Trish probably being the driving force, along with Malcolm, in finding out on Jessica's behalf, while she pretends not to care.

That storyline will bring Simpson back into things, if the same people are behind both Jessica and the super-soldier pills.

I still haven't watched Iron Fist. It's on my list, but I don't feel much need to hurry, even though I believe a lot of the negative press it got was agenda-driven as much as it was critically-driven. But Luke Cage was bad. I was surprised at how bad it was, and that has me just raising an eyebrow at the future of this section of the Marvel franchise.

• Love 1
On 8/15/2017 at 3:54 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

David Tennant to appear in S2

Since Kilgrave is dead, I'm guessing flashbacks or Jessica having dreams/hallucinations about him since they can't bring him back to life.

This is a comic book show we are talking about. There is ALWAYS a way to make a dead character not dead. For example...

Spoiler

Look at Electra being brought back by the Hand for the Defenders after dying in Daredevil. 

In fact...

Spoiler

I've heard that every Netflix Marvel character will appear in a scene of the Defenders. What if The Hand,  who I believe Sigourney Weaver's character is  associated with, brings back all the deceased villains the Defenders have fought ala Electra? That would also fix how they messed up by killing Cottonmouth on Luke Cage, another great villain, as well.

That said, yay!!! He was one of the best parts of the series and I was so sad to think we might not see him again. Whether he is brought back to life somehow or in dreams/flashbacks/hallucinations I am glad he will still be a part of the show!

Edited by MadyGirl1987
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, MadyGirl1987 said:

That said, yay!!! He was one of the best parts of the series and I was so sad to think we might not see him again. Whether he is brought back to life somehow or in dreams/flashbacks/hallucinations I am glad he will still be a part of the show!

To be fair, that character wasn't killed by Luke Cage.

36 minutes ago, Loandbehold said:

To be fair, that character wasn't killed by Luke Cage.

Oh, I meant Luke Cage the show... I can see how that could be confusing, the way I wrote it.

Edited by MadyGirl1987

In a season 2 or a season 3, I kind of want to see Hope's brother. I think if we're going with the themes of the show, it'd make sense. Hope's brother was mentioned by her as being 12 during season 1, which should make him about 15 in 2018. His entire family was killed off, which probably turned him into an angry teen with a big chip on his shoulder and perhaps trying to find answers. Jessica would be wracked with guilt every time she saw the kid, thinking not just of Hope who she failed to save but of her own little brother. So she'd probably feel extra-compelled to try and save the little brother of the ultimate innocent victim she couldn't save. It'd be some classic conflicted hero shit and I'd be down for it.

This is a comic book show we are talking about. There is ALWAYS a way to make a dead character not dead. For example...

Yeah. I kind of want to see him back in flashbacks and learn a little more about her twisted relationship with him, but I'm not  sure they're bringing back David Tennant just to have him be in flashbacks.

Edited by methodwriter85

Man, I love Jessica. She's such a misanthropic grouch, but still somehow likable.

And Trish becoming her sidekick? Yes please. Those two are just perfect together. The pessimist and the optimist. And with Malcolm as their Man Friday, it's probably my favourite core group of any of the Marvel shows.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Danny Franks said:

Man, I love Jessica. She's such a misanthropic grouch, but still somehow likable.

And Trish becoming her sidekick? Yes please. Those two are just perfect together. The pessimist and the optimist. And with Malcolm as their Man Friday, it's probably my favourite core group of any of the Marvel shows.

There's still room for cross-overs from the other Marvel Netflix shows.  And frankly I need a scene of Karen Page and Trish Walker at a gun range together.  Especially with Frank looking proud and Jessica looking a bit freaked out.

If you follow Ritter on Instagram, she’s been posting videos on the snapchat video part of it, she’s starting to post Jessica Jones videos.

Spoiler

One was Trish video calling Jessica, and Jessica putting the phone down to get a drink. Trish was obviously bothered and rolled her eyes at Jessica. 

Im sure the videos are just teasers and not from the show, but I was surprised. I normally just check-in on her knitting videos so it was a fun twist.

2 hours ago, AimingforYoko said:

Thus endeth the Marvel/Netflix era. Because of the cooling off/no-compete clause of the deal, it will be a couple of years before we see The Defenders characters on TV, if at all. And if we do, it will probably be a reboot with new actors.

It is really too bad, after the last Endgame trailer with the support group and the posters and such I was thinking that a post-snap Netflix marvel special could have been really cool. Just like one or a couple of day in the life kind of episodes just showing how the people left were dealing with the people that were gone. Just as long as one of those people were Danny Rand.

On 2/18/2019 at 12:57 PM, Loandbehold said:

Bad news. Netflix cancels Jessica Jones. Season 3 will still air, but will be the last. The Punisher (for those who watched) has also been canceled w/ Season 2 being the end. 

Wow, okay, that's very useful information.  All I heard in the media was that the show was cancelled.  I honestly didn't know that S3 was already in the can.  I see that @ElectricBoogaloo mentions it upthread.

I'm still really really disappointed!  Besides Black Panther, this is the only Marvel thing I've liked.  There has to be some of us who feel the same way, who don't just want to see a million projects about mostly white men..... 

• Love 2

I look on the bright side.  There's one more season of J.J. left, and if you look at all these Marvel shows as basically one show (which they kind of are since they are all connected and there's a lot of crossover), in a little over four years they cranked out 150 episodes.  That's twice as many episodes as Game of Thrones in eight years.  So I'm sad to see this be the end and would love to see what happens next for these characters, but on the whole they did a lot of good storytelling on each of them.

• Love 2