Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E17: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

For instance, I was in shock on two separate instances that two chronically ill (and very beloved) pets finally passed away--even though one was euthanized, and I was the one who took her to the appointment. I am not a dumb person, and also not someone who didn't think about and try to brace myself for those moments all too often. Still…shock.

Great post tattleteeny! Had something similar happen with one of my pets. Despite being told her condition was always fatal and the treatments we were going through would only buy her a little time I never believed we would lose her. It was such an awful thought I couldn't accept it despite a trained vet and a second opinion telling me otherwise.

I think Tuesday! I noticed it when my DVR tried to tell me about some kind of tragic conflicting recordings. Oh, the perils of these first-world problems!

Great post tattleteeny! Had something similar happen with one of my pets. Despite being told her condition was always fatal and the treatments we were going through would only buy her a little time I never believed we would lose her. It was such an awful thought I couldn't accept it despite a trained vet and a second opinion telling me otherwise.

Right there with you. I went for a second opinion (even though I trust my longtime vet) for a 17-year-old cat. I lost him anyway (and thousands of dollars), but I HAD TO try. I was shocked then too. And sad as hell. Still am, if I am being honest here.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 1

Thanks, guys. Looks like I will have to set up a manual recording. I will never understand why Bravo schedules this show for Sundays but then randomly airs some episodes on Thursdays and Tuesdays.

• Love 1

for Teresa, it all goes to what you believe happened behind the scenes with the lawyers. Post-sentencing, Teresa said that her lawyers didn't tell her anything, and yes, she signed the plea deal, but she didn't understand what she was signing.

Exactly, and it is so infuriating seeing that Teresa's entire defense for her fraud is that Joe didn't tell her anything and she signed stuff without understanding, even though she's a person who dots the i's and crosses t's. Is she crossing them in a language she doesn't speak, like English (ok, that was a read, sorry), because this is becoming a pattern. Seriously, though, you'd think she'd read the documents that her accountant and lawyers must have given her, or even just the last sentence that I'd wager said something like "I hereby state that this is factual information and understand that withholding information leaves me subject to prosecution." Everything including her four daawwtwrs' well-being was on the line.

And as others have mentioned, a judge will ask repeatedly if the defendant understands. I fought a parking ticket and had to confirm I understood why I was there, for crying out loud.

ETA: Teresa explained rather coherently to Andy that they took the deal because if they had pled not guilty and were only convicted on one charge out of the 41, the minimum sentence for that single charge could be 15 years. She's either lying about not understanding the deal or is actually too mentally incompetent to have stood trial. God, the lawyer even said in the televised press conference that he "hoped it wouldn't come to that" when a journalist asked him directly if Teresa would do prison time -- not no, not it's unlikely, but he HOPES. I hope the lotto ticket in my purse wins me $500,000 but it probably won't. IMO their lawyer did a great job. Joe is doing three years. He could've gotten 50. Easily. Teresa is getting 15 months and unless she's not eligible for early release due to the nature of the plea agreement, which I'm not sure of, she'll be out in 7.

I'd be shitting my pants too and I actually do have empathy for her, crimes and all, but I am genuinely perplexed by her level of shock. Every now and then I'll have an anxiety dream where I'm going about my business and I get arrested because I committed a crime without realizing it 10 years ago and due to a clerical error I'm only finding out now. I feel

Ike this is Teresa's actual life.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 4

What has come out is that he is not just a famewhore, but a man who is a Real HW Famewhore. He seemed embarrassed by this disclosure which is why I assume he tried to make up reasons why he was at each book signing, acting like each episode was just happenstance. Yea Bobby, whatever.

This was so dumb. He should have just owned being a fanboy, it could have come off as charming. Instead, as you say, he let himself be embarrassed and his stuttering attempts to explain just made him look like an idiot.

• Love 5
He begs the question of how many whistles you'd have to blow before the Feds start questioning whether you're the one dirtying the water where you swim...

The second time would do it for me.  Although had I met him during the first one, I imagine I would have had that suspicion then.

• Love 2

I took the other poster's comment about Teresa being in shock, despite knowing the possible outcome for a while, to mean that, for some, when the verdict (literal, in Teresa's case, as well as metaphorical in other people's situations) actually is in place, it's a call to action that can be daunting to even the best planners or people who ponder every possible outcome. For instance, I was in shock on two separate instances that two chronically ill (and very beloved) pets finally passed away--even though one was euthanized, and I was the one who took her to the appointment. I am not a dumb person, and also not someone who didn't think about and try to brace myself for those moments all too often. Still…shock.

That's interesting, because I was going to write about losing a loved one in my earlier post, but thought it was getting too long. Take someone with a terminal illness. When your loved one finally passes away, most go through a grieving process, and denial is one of the stages, if not the first. When death finally comes, it can be traumatizing, and denial is often a byproduct of trauma. That's different than shock. I would say Teresa's looming date with the sentencing judge was analogous to a loved one (including pets!) finally passing away after a long illness. Joe's father dying of a sudden heart attack, on the other hand, was a shock.

Maybe we're splitting hairs over the words denial vs. shock?! If it matters, I totally believe Teresa was in denial after her sentence. And still is. Just not in shock.

• Love 6

Exactly, and it is so infuriating seeing that Teresa's entire defense for her fraud is that Joe didn't tell her anything and she signed stuff without understanding, even though she's a person who dots the i's and crosses t's. Is she crossing them in a language she doesn't speak, like English (ok, that was a read, sorry), because this is becoming a pattern. Seriously, though, you'd think she'd read the documents that her accountant and lawyers must have given her, or even just the last sentence that I'd wager said something like "I hereby state that this is factual information and understand that withholding information leaves me subject to prosecution." Everything including her four daawwtwrs' well-being was on the line.

And as others have mentioned, a judge will ask repeatedly if the defendant understands. I fought a parking ticket and had to confirm I understood why I was there, for crying out loud.

ETA: Teresa explained rather coherently to Andy that they took the deal because if they had pled not guilty and were only convicted on one charge out of the 41, the minimum sentence for that single charge could be 15 years. She's either lying about not understanding the deal or is actually too mentally incompetent to have stood trial. God, the lawyer even said in the televised press conference that he "hoped it wouldn't come to that" when a journalist asked him directly if Teresa would do prison time -- not no, not it's unlikely, but he HOPES. I hope the lotto ticket in my purse wins me $500,000 but it probably won't. IMO their lawyer did a great job. Joe is doing three years. He could've gotten 50. Easily. Teresa is getting 15 months and unless she's not eligible for early release due to the nature of the plea agreement, which I'm not sure of, she'll be out in 7.

I'd be shitting my pants too and I actually do have empathy for her, crimes and all, but I am genuinely perplexed by her level of shock. Every now and then I'll have an anxiety dream where I'm going about my business and I get arrested because I committed a crime without realizing it 10 years ago and due to a clerical error I'm only finding out now. I feel

Ike this is Teresa's actual life.

Federal time is different than State or local time. I believe she can only get 50 days knocked off her sentence for good behavior after serving 1 year. That would mean she would be released sometime in Feb. 2016. Please correct me if I misunderstood and am wrong.

• Love 1

Maybe we're splitting hairs over the words denial vs. shock?

I think of shock as a reaction and denial as an action.  Also, denial is a defense mechanism, albeit a very unsophisticated one.  Not sure if that clears things up or makes things more complicated.

• Love 2

ETA: Teresa explained rather coherently to Andy that they took the deal because if they had pled not guilty and were only convicted on one charge out of the 41, the minimum sentence for that single charge could be 15 years. She's either lying about not understanding the deal or is actually too mentally incompetent to have stood trial. God, the lawyer even said in the televised press conference that he "hoped it wouldn't come to that" when a journalist asked him directly if Teresa would do prison time -- not no, not it's unlikely, but he HOPES. I hope the lotto ticket in my purse wins me $500,000 but it probably won't.

Excellent point! Teresa's lawyers never said we "expect" probation, but rather always used the word "hope," but people didn't pay attention, and by people, I'm referring in large part to blogs and gossip sites that reported this story. But Teresa knew the difference, not only because her lawyers told her, but the very job of her "crisis coach" was to prepare her for her federal sentence, including prison.

I also think the other charges have been forgotten in discussing the case and sentencing. Remember - Teresa and Joe were indicted on 52 counts! Just imagine how much wheeling and dealing went into whittling it down to pleading guilty to just 4-5 counts. As you cited, they were facing a much lengthier prison sentence if they were convicted of the charges, as Teresa even pointed out, let alone more charges. In other words, the possibility of serious time in prison was discussed with both Teresa and Joe at every juncture leading up to the plea deal. It's not like she just showed up at her lawyer's office to sign the agreement, the lawyers said they'd ask for probation, and she skipped out of there, hoping for the best. She knew.

• Love 2

Maybe Teresa's reaction is both  shock and denial.  She was in denial thinking she would be able to skate without serving prison time.  When she did get sentenced to prison, she was in shock that she aka "Teresa the Fabulous" was wrong.  In her own mind (a very scary place) she is never wrong, never at fault and always the victim of people who are jealous of her.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 7

What has come out is that he is not just a famewhore, but a man who is a Real HW Famewhore. He seemed embarrassed by this disclosure which is why I assume he tried to make up reasons why he was at each book signing, acting like each episode was just happenstance. Yea Bobby, whatever.

If only Andy had asked him what book he bought when he just happened to be at Barnes & Noble during Teresa's book signing. And come to think of it, even if he was there by coincidence, why did he want a picture with a Real Housewife? The posturing and lies crack me up! That's why I loved it when Joe vs. Joe resulted in black pine tar over everyone and everything, and JoeGo, knowing the truth would be embarrassing, but knowing the cover story would be even worse, fessed up! Throw in a sense of humor, and that's the way to handle it.

• Love 6

If only Andy had asked him what book he bought when he just happened to be at Barnes & Noble during Teresa's book signing. And come to think of it, even if he was there by coincidence, why did he want a picture with a Real Housewife? The posturing and lies crack me up! That's why I loved it when Joe vs. Joe resulted in black pine tar over everyone and everything, and JoeGo, knowing the truth would be embarrassing, but knowing the cover story would be even worse, fessed up! Throw in a sense of humor, and that's the way to handle it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IMHO They're all famewhores.....if they weren't why would they be on a reality show?

• Love 7

IMHO They're all famewhores.....if they weren't why would they be on a reality show?

Yes, but as Motorcitymom put it, there are famewhores, and there are RH famewhores! For a guy to drive around town, attending one RH book signing or event after another, and then faking a relationship to get cast on the show?! That kinda takes it to another level!

• Love 8

Yes, but as Motorcitymom put it, there are famewhores, and there are RH famewhores! For a guy to drive around town, attending one RH book signing or event after another, and then faking a relationship to get cast on the show?! That kinda takes it to another level!

Agreed!

• Love 2

I think subsequent RH takes a fair amount of conniving to get on.  I think the twins were easy to cast because of Rino's restaurants, Amber because of knowing Melissa and her willingness to talk crap about her. 

I will say I do think they have played down Bobby's wealth.   Maybe because they don't want to promote the car dealerships? There seem to be Honda, Toyota and Lexus dealerships within the group.   Here is an article six months before he was "cast" and over a year before filming: http://www.livinginmedia.com/article/driven_to_excellence_bobby_ciasulli.html  So in one form or another Bobby has been drawing attention to himself.  I notice there is no fire-fighter gear or murals in his home.  He must have added it in 2013.

At this point anyone who joined after Atlanta knew to some extent what they were signing up for and longed for it.  Teresa, Dina and Jacqueline certainly did.   I don't buy it when people like Heather Dubrow try and convince me they have never watched an episode and had no idea what to expect.

I don't think he attended one book signing after another-as Jacqueline and Ramona don't have books and the run in with Melissa was in a restaurant.  I do think he likes the RH ladies.  Maybe his pick up line is-"I can make you a Real Housewife".

• Love 2

I don't think he attended one book signing after another-as Jacqueline and Ramona don't have books and the run in with Melissa was in a restaurant. I do think he likes the RH ladies. Maybe his pick up line is-"I can make you a Real Housewife".

But you'll notice I mentioned events, ie. appearances. Bumping into RH's five different times in so many years is quite a coincidence! And waiting in line or asking for a photo is kinda weird. Does he have a gallery? Is it for his Facebook page? Classic famewhore behavior. What's ironic is that Amber admitted to getting cast on RH as her dream. Bobby, too!

Edited by LotusFlower
  • Love 4

Can myrants be menen? Or the other way around? Hey - was Amber ever asked about Lentil season?! I was looking forward to that!

I think they should all get dictionaries for Christmas.

Lord knows they need them!

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2

Here is an article six months before he was "cast" and over a year before filming: http://www.livinginm...y_ciasulli.html So in one form or another Bobby has been drawing attention to himself. I notice there is no fire-fighter gear or murals in his home. He must have added it in 2013.

Not that he is in any way a reliable source, but Jim said Bobby had the mural painted specifically for his image on the show and insisted on filming near it at the party in this interview: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zSLmkrPLFW4. It's Jim so there's a ton of the usual delusional grandstanding BS, but I believe that part.

• Love 3

Can you find out if someone failed the bar?  Maybe he failed initially, said the hell with it and got a job.  And now in 2013 took it and passed and HAS to do a dance with the ethics committee because of all his legal troubles.  As mentioned above, no one else has to do that dance.  You do it all before hand and get sworn in after your results come in.  Even your childhood indiscretions of getting arrested "down the shore" don't hold you back (don't ask me how I know...).

Could the twins and Amber have made up the whole feud?  That photo Jim tweeted was retweeted by Nicole or the other Twin with a heart.  I wonder if Bobby is retweeting Jim stuff with hearts now too.

I think you've hit the nail on the head with Jim. He probably failed the bar once, was a mediocre student, and figured that in the bad legal jobs market of 2001, he had no reason to bother taking it again. As for the big earnings Amber referenced at the time Jim graduated from law school... Jim was a pharmaceutical industry representative back into the '90s in NJ (the center of the industry in the US) at companies like Schering Plough and Johnson & Johnson. This was his day job while in law school, one can assume. I got this information from a Cafe Pharma message board thread from 2007/2008 that was linked in another thread here by zoeysmom, I believe. It's difficult to decipher if you aren't familiar with pharmaceutical industry lingo and incredibly acrimonious. The majority of the posts seem to be either authored by Jim, his ex-wife, or a girlfriend (perhaps already Amber at this point?), assuming different personae.

Jim probably took the bar in 2013 because a.) His dealings with the DOJ whistle-blowing on Bank of America and Countrywide may have gone to his head and b.) Mortgage NOW has lost everything but its head office in Shrewsbury, and Jim aspired to a new income source as an attorney. If all the ethics stuff is handed in prior to taking the bar, he probably was rejected from the bar outright, due to the case against him in Washington State if nothing else, and is now involved in a "dance" (re:complicated appeal process) to be admitted to the bar.

I wouldn't be surprised if Amber, Jim, Teresa, Rino, Bobby, and Nicole fabricated their whole feud for airtime, with heavy assistance from Bravo's always-at-the-ready production.

Edited by vrocotamy
  • Love 3

I'm confused on the Bobby/Nicole relationship. Was Nicole cast on the show and then Jim introduced them for the sole purpose of getting Bobby on the show - in other words, Jim knew Bobby was planning on using Nicole to get on the show  and Jim went along so his buddy could be on too? Or were Bobby and Nicole both cast and Bobby started dating her to get more screen time? If this was explained I missed it. Is it possible that ALL of them - The Twins, Bobby, Jim and Amber - know it's a fake relationship and they're all playing for the cameras?

• Love 2

I'm confused on the Bobby/Nicole relationship. Was Nicole cast on the show and then Jim introduced them for the sole purpose of getting Bobby on the show - in other words, Jim knew Bobby was planning on using Nicole to get on the show  and Jim went along so his buddy could be on too? Or were Bobby and Nicole both cast and Bobby started dating her to get more screen time? If this was explained I missed it. Is it possible that ALL of them - The Twins, Bobby, Jim and Amber - know it's a fake relationship and they're all playing for the cameras?

The former. And Jim even claims he made Bobby sign a contract attesting to this. Or something.

• Love 4

But you'll notice I mentioned events, ie. appearances. Bumping into RH's five different times in so many years is quite a coincidence! And waiting in line or asking for a photo is kinda weird. Does he have a gallery? Is it for his Facebook page? Classic famewhore behavior. What's ironic is that Amber admitted to getting cast on RH as her dream. Bobby, too!

I noticed in the article I linked he became a serious art collector after a cruise.  No comment.  The article said he likes to meet the artist. Hmmmm. . . . maybe he is just one of those guys.  I wonder if he has a lot of Sopranos actors run ins?

• Love 2

I think what happened is Bobby met Nicole at a Dunking Donuts and they began dating and then persuaded her to join his friends Jim and Amber as a possible RH.  Bobby had apparently dated some other women that Jim and Amber were trying to get on as friends.  Obviously there are probably very few women who will tolerate Jim.  When the contracts were delivered Nicole and Bobby continued to date-much to Jim's chagrin.  The Bravo contracts knock out any contract Jim had with any of these people. 

Just my opinion but Nicole seems very difficult to get along with.  She and Bobby seem to struggle to stay together.  Between her mouth and the "we're done" after pulling another women's hair, her sister Teresa implying Bobby is gay with the confirmed bachelor comments, the parents pushing Nicole down his throat, the things said to him in Florida by Teresa and Dina, what Nicole has written in her blogs about him-I am surprised the guy sticks around.

Maybe next season new housewives for Bobby to mull over.

• Love 1

I noticed in the article I linked he became a serious art collector after a cruise. No comment. The article said he likes to meet the artist. Hmmmm. . . . maybe he is just one of those guys. I wonder if he has a lot of Sopranos actors run ins

Probably...all at backstage meet and greets he just accidentally ran into because he had the wrong address to the bagel place.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 3

I think subsequent RH takes a fair amount of conniving to get on.  I think the twins were easy to cast because of Rino's restaurants, Amber because of knowing Melissa and her willingness to talk crap about her. 

I will say I do think they have played down Bobby's wealth.   Maybe because they don't want to promote the car dealerships? There seem to be Honda, Toyota and Lexus dealerships within the group.   Here is an article six months before he was "cast" and over a year before filming: http://www.livinginmedia.com/article/driven_to_excellence_bobby_ciasulli.html  So in one form or another Bobby has been drawing attention to himself.  I notice there is no fire-fighter gear or murals in his home.  He must have added it in 2013.

At this point anyone who joined after Atlanta knew to some extent what they were signing up for and longed for it.  Teresa, Dina and Jacqueline certainly did.   I don't buy it when people like Heather Dubrow try and convince me they have never watched an episode and had no idea what to expect.

I don't think he attended one book signing after another-as Jacqueline and Ramona don't have books and the run in with Melissa was in a restaurant.  I do think he likes the RH ladies.  Maybe his pick up line is-"I can make you a Real Housewife".

Bobby mentioned in one his talking heads that he decided to join the Colts Neck volunteer firefighting company after Superstorm Sandy, which occurred in October, 2012.  After training, etc., it was probably sometime in 2013 when he graduated training and was inducted into the volunteer program.

I think it's great that he decided to get involved.  Colts Neck, like many towns in New Jersey, only has a volunteer fire company. 

And, I think most people in New Jersey would have recognized the name Bob Ciasulli, and put two and two together.  They are a very prominent car dealership company here.

I also believe him when he said that he ran into Jac and Melissa at a restaurant where he was having a birthday dinner for his Dad.  It's very possible and plausible that they could have been at the same restaurant at the same time.  Besides, Jacqueline, or "Jackie", as Jim Marchese called her (which I have NEVER heard anyone use that nickname for her), doesn't have a book, so there would have been no book signing.

Did Bobby intentionally show up at a Teresa book-signing?  Probably....but the rest of it, I'm kind of believing. 

And, again, as so many others have mentioned - it is so laughable that Jim would call Bobby a "famewhore", when Jim lives on Twitter to respond to every Google Alert his phone pings at him....another symptom of Jim's "pot meet kettle-itis", if you ask me.

• Love 6

Bobby mentioned in one his talking heads that he decided to join the Colts Neck volunteer firefighting company after Superstorm Sandy, which occurred in October, 2012.  After training, etc., it was probably sometime in 2013 when he graduated training and was inducted into the volunteer program.

I think it's great that he decided to get involved.  Colts Neck, like many towns in New Jersey, only has a volunteer fire company. 

And, I think most people in New Jersey would have recognized the name Bob Ciasulli, and put two and two together.  They are a very prominent car dealership company here.

I also believe him when he said that he ran into Jac and Melissa at a restaurant where he was having a birthday dinner for his Dad.  It's very possible and plausible that they could have been at the same restaurant at the same time.  Besides, Jacqueline, or "Jackie", as Jim Marchese called her (which I have NEVER heard anyone use that nickname for her), doesn't have a book, so there would have been no book signing.

Did Bobby intentionally show up at a Teresa book-signing?  Probably....but the rest of it, I'm kind of believing. 

And, again, as so many others have mentioned - it is so laughable that Jim would call Bobby a "famewhore", when Jim lives on Twitter to respond to every Google Alert his phone pings at him....another symptom of Jim's "pot meet kettle-itis", if you ask me.Bo

As you stated, Bobby graduated in 2013:

https://co.monmouth.nj.us/PressDetail.aspx?ID=1422

I can't find any fault with Bobby becoming a volunteer fireman.  And if he wanted a mural on his wall in the basement, so what.  I also have no problem with the First Responders' party.  Like you said, Most towns in NJ are all volunteer  and I greatly appreciate what they do.

I don't think Bobby is any more of RH's famewhore than anyone else on the show.  Actually, I think Jim is worse.  Amber admits she wanted to be on the show for years and look at Jim.  He's way more wrapped up in the show and celebrity than Bobby.  It is interesting that there has been little mentioned about  Bobby's family.  Bob Ciasulli is a pretty well known name in NJ because of the all the dealerships.  Maybe Bravo couldn't get 'anything' comped from them.  Who knows.

• Love 5

And, again, as so many others have mentioned - it is so laughable that Jim would call Bobby a "famewhore", when Jim lives on Twitter to respond to every Google Alert his phone pings at him....another symptom of Jim's "pot meet kettle-itis", if you ask me.

Yea, but he had his picture taken with these folks in each situation.  Sorry, but that is just weird to me. I have rarely been in a situation where I am in a room with someone famous, but it has occasionally happened. I cannot imagine asking to have my picture snapped with them, unless it was someone who was very meaningful to me (should I find myself in a room with Prince or Obama I will cave and ask for the photo). He has done it 4 or 5 times with Real HW's.  IMO calling him a Famewhore is being kind. It just feels all kind of icky to me and to top it off he is clearly lying. Just own it and move on. He won't because it is beyond embarrassing. 

The fact that he is a Famewhore doesn't mean that Jim isn't as well.  They can both be and probably both are.  This actually reminds me of the deal with Mel and Teresa in S3 and S4. They are both so similar and in ways both are horrible, but it always felt like you had to take a side. If Teresa was bad then Mel was good; if Teresa was good then Mel was bad. As far as I can tell Jim is a total and complete dick. That doesn't in any way mean that Bobby is not a dick as well.  They have been close friends for 10+ years. Close enough that Amber and Jim's kids love Bobby and refer to him as their uncle. They were in on this deal together. One of them betrayed the other, or they are just faking it all for drama. Either way one is as bad as the other.  

• Love 6

Not that he is in any way a reliable source, but Jim said Bobby had the mural painted specifically for his image on the show and insisted on filming near it at the party in this interview: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zSLmkrPLFW4. It's Jim so there's a ton of the usual delusional grandstanding BS, but I believe that part.

Teresa has got Bobby beat by a mile-she had a house built (finished) to keep her spot on the RHONJ and along the way ended up committing mortgage fraud and is headed to prison.  The price of fame.

I am still not understanding how Bobby is any different than Jim and Amber about wanting to get on the show.  The only difference I see is Bobby didn't come on promising to hurt someone.  Amber obviously offered up Melissa. I just find it odd that Jim keeps breaking the fourth wall and Bravo lets him run with it.  I am curious how many "fans" these women have that are willing to go out in the cold and wait for 30 seconds with a RH.  Surely there can't be that many-it must be a select group.  I will say that Jacqueline has events that are about autism so she is a bit different, I can see why people attend her events.

• Love 2

Yea, but he had his picture taken with these folks in each situation.  Sorry, but that is just weird to me. I have rarely been in a situation where I am in a room with someone famous, but it has occasionally happened. I cannot imagine asking to have my picture snapped with them, unless it was someone who was very meaningful to me (should I find myself in a room with Prince or Obama I will cave and ask for the photo). He has done it 4 or 5 times with Real HW's.  IMO calling him a Famewhore is being kind. It just feels all kind of icky to me and to top it off he is clearly lying. Just own it and move on. He won't because it is beyond embarrassing. 

The fact that he is a Famewhore doesn't mean that Jim isn't as well.

Was there any question that any of these people were famewhores? I guess at this point, who else is going to go on a show like this other than famewhores? It's funny that Jim thinks it's some sort of damning evidence that Bobby wanted to be on the show. Only people who desperately want to be on the show would be on the show. That's a given to me. Jim comes off worse to me, because he's so desperate for attention he's willing to become a cartoon villain. Though maybe that really IS just his personality.

• Love 5

I am the anti-Theresa I always prepare for the worst possible case scenario. She makes my head hurt. And really how come we all knew she would do prison time but she didn't?

I think it makes for a better story.  When Teresa was running around making deals with product vendors when undoubtedly assured them there was no chance she would get prison time.  The vendors were dumb enough to believe it and after they paid Teresa they are now pulling the product because she is unavailable for promotion.

Sometimes she is not as dumb as she seems.

Teresa has got Bobby beat by a mile-she had a house built (finished) to keep her spot on the RHONJ and along the way ended up committing mortgage fraud and is headed to prison.  The price of fame.

I am still not understanding how Bobby is any different than Jim and Amber about wanting to get on the show.  The only difference I see is Bobby didn't come on promising to hurt someone.  Amber obviously offered up Melissa. I just find it odd that Jim keeps breaking the fourth wall and Bravo lets him run with it.  I am curious how many "fans" these women have that are willing to go out in the cold and wait for 30 seconds with a RH.  Surely there can't be that many-it must be a select group.  I will say that Jacqueline has events that are about autism so she is a bit different, I can see why people attend her events.

I guess it is different because we have probably not seen anything like it before, hence it is different.  Have we ever had any guys coming on the show - not married to anyone or in an actual relationship with anyone - inventing a relationship just to get on a HW show?  Have we ever had proof of any other man lurking around having their pictures taken with existing HW's? I know there are male famewhores. Slade and Terry Dubrow come to mind. You could also probably add Joe Gorga, Richie and Jim to this list. They were no doubt interested in being on the show, but they got there it seems through legitimate relationships. Bobby is running away from the accusation that he had a bit of an obsession with the show and that he was finding ways to be in the presence of HW's because he gets that it makes him look like a teenage girl. 

ETA: I have always heard that Kenya's boyfriend was on the show just as part of her storyline and that they weren't really a couple, but I also understood that this was less about him wanting to be on the show and more about her paying him to be.  Could be wrong about that one. 

Edited by motorcitymom65

I guess it is different because we have probably not seen anything like it before, hence it is different.  Have we ever had any guys coming on the show - not married to anyone or in an actual relationship with anyone - inventing a relationship just to get on a HW show?  Have we ever had proof of any other man lurking around having their pictures taken with existing HW's? I know there are male famewhores. Slade and Terry Dubrow come to mind. You could also probably add Joe Gorga, Richie and Jim to this list. They were no doubt interested in being on the show, but they got there it seems through legitimate relationships. Bobby is running away from the accusation that he had a bit of an obsession with the show and that he was finding ways to be in the presence of HW's because he gets that it makes him look like a teenage girl. 

ETA: I have always heard that Kenya's boyfriend was on the show just as part of her storyline and that they weren't really a couple, but I also understood that this was less about him wanting to be on the show and more about her paying him to be.  Could be wrong about that one. 

I totally agree.  These weren't random sightings by Bobby - and even if he happened to be dining where Melissa was, why the need to run up and get a photo.  BTW Jac had signings/appearances for Blk water.  Bobby also had a photo taken with Ramona.  To me that just is silly.   Why is he so excited to be having is photo taken with these women?  Why would he get in line at B&N to buy a cookbook of Teresa's?  It's a long line usually.

These are HW shows, not bachelor shows.  They have a show for the bachelor over on ABC.  I think Amber and Jim are trying to point out that the relationship with Nicole was manufactured by Bobby to have a role on the show and that he has been hanging around HW events for awhile hoping to get noticed. The lure of fame.  

ITA with the poster here that just because Jim is a horrible little man doesn't mean that I have to like his nemesis Bobby.  They both suck.  That kiss in the pool was so staged and phony on Bobby's part.  Those firefighter twitter photos of his are hilarious.  The man's a famewhore like the rest of them.  Just because they are famewhores themselves doesn't mean I can't laugh at Bobby for his foolishness.  I do have to say that I find Bobby entertaining in a harmless way. Running to hide in the bathroom etc...  

• Love 6

I think RHNJ would rather have photos taken with people who come from really big money and whose family owns 16 car dealerships than say the valet or Mr. Real Housewife.  If we take Bobby at face value and assume he just ran into Teresa-I will say okay that is one, I doubt he planned his father's dinner around being where Melissa was-I do however believe that when Melissa and Joe heard who they were they didn't mind the photo or acquaintance.  If Bobby were the valet at the restaurant and attending RH, I would be worried.  Fame is a two way street-Chris Lauritas' company invested in Michael Imperioli (Chris from the Sopranos) theatre company.  So as weird as it seems for these "stars") to pose it is kind of a two way street.  They have their celebrity to sell and business people like to have the exposure of being around the famous.  Look how many celebs pose with first responders.

It may be just me but I do think there are a fair number of men and women alike if they see an opportunity for a photo bomb or a posed photo and they will take it.  I see it with golfers all the time.  They have pictures taken with up and coming PGA golfers.  I hate being in pictures so I don't get being photographed with a stranger.

Slade and Joe actually bought their initial appearance to be on RHOC for $3,500.00 at a charity event.   So Slade actually paid to be on the show.

After listening to Jim wannabe attorney at the Reunion-I found this story on Bobby's Facebook page.  Love Jim's neck ware.  http://stoopidhousewives.com/2014/11/07/lawsuit-jim-at-it-again-bravotv-andy-rhonj/

Jim trying to fudge a court order to the police-this  may be added to list of reasons why the bar examiners don't want Jim to be a member of the Bar.

• Love 3

Slade and Joe actually bought their initial appearance to be on RHOC for $3,500.00 at a charity event.   So Slade actually paid to be on the show.

Fair enough....Bobby is a lot like Slade.  I can totally believe this.  

It may be just me but I do think there are a fair number of men and women alike if they see an opportunity for a photo bomb or a posed photo and they will take it.  I see it with golfers all the time.  They have pictures taken with up and coming PGA golfers.  I hate being in pictures so I don't get being photographed with a stranger.

Again, I get this. Some folks like to take their picture with people they admire (like you I wouldn't do this). Folks who have talent and have worked hard at their craft. Single Bobby seems to admire and stand in line for photos with Real HW's. He seems to be ashamed of this fact. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 4

I think we should put the Bobby photos into perspective.  There were three photos in two situations.  One at a Barnes and Noble (with Tre) and two (or was it one photo with both of them?) at a restaurant Bobby was at when Mel and Jac were there for a publicity thing. 

Jim whips the photos out from his 'evidence' file like it's some sort of Perry Mason 'Aha' moment when in actuality he got them from Bobby's facebook page.  Jim declares that Bobby is some sort of famewhore or groupie of the show.  I think it's a bit of a stretch.  Maybe part of the reason why Bobby did the photos with the housewives was because he knew Amber (and IMO Jim) was dying to get on the show for years.  Kind of joke thing to Jim and Amber because what premise would Bobby have to get on the show on his own up to last season.  There were no single women on the show after Danielle. 

Did Bobby date Nichole just to get on the show?  At that point, could be.  Is their relationship for real now?  Could be or maybe not.  After all the fighting at the reunion and then there's a selfie of Amber, Nichole and Teresa at the mall, who knows with these people.  I admit my first reaction to seeing that photo was wondering what mall it was:  Monmouth or Freehold and then a WTF are they doing together all smiles.

• Love 6

Fair enough....Bobby is a lot like Slade.  I can totally believe this.  

Again, I get this. Some folks like to take their picture with people they admire (like you I wouldn't do this). Folks who have talent and have worked hard at their craft. Single Bobby seems to admire and stand in line for photos with Real HW's. He seems to be ashamed of this fact. 

All I could get of his Facebook was a bunch of head shots of Bobby and Firefighter helmets.  My guess is he has photos with all levels of celebrity.  I guess I am not as creeped out as I should be because I don't get chasing reality stars when it is so  much easier to just turn on one's computer and snark about them-no fake smile required.  I wonder if her puts these photos with celebrities up in his office?  I could see to target female car buyers to have a few RH shots.  Now I am wondering if any RH in any franchise will ever pose for a photo with Bobby again?

I guess because I live so close I continue to miss what the big deal is about the pictures. I grew up going to Seaside for vacation every year. I watched Jersey Shore almost religiously for a while. I despise all of those people on that show yet one day, while down the shore, sitting across the bar from one of the guys, we went along with the rest of the crowd and took a pic with him. Big deal. If I had run into Snookie at the next bar I probably woulda took one with her too. It's just the point that they're on a show you watch, and then the next day they're in your mall. It's fun and stupid. Who cares. Bobby isn't hiding it so obviously he had fun meeting them. Or maybe he wanted to he the next car dealer the Gorgas featured as part of their story. Maybe he's a shrewd business man. Or maybe he just wants to be on tv.

Wasn't it admitted by tiny Jim that at the very start they didn't even know which show amber was accepted to because she had auditioned for 3 of them? Now that's a famewhore IMO.

• Love 5