Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

I will say that Sami did "need" him when they first met, she was pregnant and in danger.  I don't find anything wrong with that.  No one is 100% self sufficient.  Where they went wrong was trying to build a relationship/marriage on that dynamic while not being honest with who each other was. 

The safe storyline reminded me of Roman and Marlena. A strong woman who did not want to be protected, while it worked with Marlena, it did not work with Sami.  Sami as a heroine like Marlena was not a good fit.  In a way, it is why her relationship with EJ was so popular because Sami was being true to herself, as much as I hated it.   Before it got ugly, EJ told Sami that she needed to be who she is and not care what anybody had to say about it. He found her to be exciting and wonderful just the way she is. Her darkness and penchant for schemes attracted him, rather than repel him.

• Love 3

Ugh, Sonny.  Being all concerned about Will keeping him at arm's length.  His grandmother's in the hospital after being shot by his mother, he's a little busy, dude.  And he actually cares about hurting Paul as little as he has to, unlike how you coldly, remorselessly handled it, you f-ing tool.

And seriously, what kind of sex magic is Brady practicing to get all these women slaving to get him into bed.

I'm here for Sami making Hope regret all kinds of things.

• Love 19
55 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

The safe storyline reminded me of Roman and Marlena. A strong woman who did not want to be protected, while it worked with Marlena, it did not work with Sami.  Sami as a heroine like Marlena was not a good fit.  In a way, it is why her relationship with EJ was so popular because Sami was being true to herself, as much as I hated it.   Before it got ugly, EJ told Sami that she needed to be who she is and not care what anybody had to say about it. He found her to be exciting and wonderful just the way she is. Her darkness and penchant for schemes attracted him, rather than repel him.

It might have worked if the writers had been willing to acknowledge that Sami being so different from Marlena meant the SL could be similar, but the SL and Rafe should be tailored to fit more with Sami's personality.  It also didn't help that Sami/Lucas and Sami/EJ were already popular pairings, even after they took Sami/EJ to some really dark places, and now Ken Corday expected the viewers to just get on board with Sami/Rafe.

I appreciate that Alison Sweeney is willing to look like hell for this SL.  She's been drugged and held captive, and she looks like it.  Her hair and makeup aren't perfect, and she isn't dressed in designer clothes.

Damn, Sonny, give Will some breathing room.  I wonder if Paul is going to get thrown under the bus now that Will has his memory back.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

Damn, Sonny, give Will some breathing room.  I wonder if Paul is going to get thrown under the bus now that Will has his memory back.

Oh, I think they're putting new tires on that bus as we speak.

• Love 12

Did Dena sneak back into the writers' room, I really don't understand Hope Alice Brady, hateful and smug.  She reminds me of Jennifer during the Dannifer days. 

Her treatment of Sami had nothing to do with Marlena's shooting, it was all about Rafe.  Bo would be ashamed of her for her treatment of his niece, who also happens to be her niece.

I loved Eric/Will.  

Kristen is going to pull an Ava move with Brady, sleep with me and I will let Eve go.. 

Belle continues to be a bitch. She cannot for one second let her vendetta against Sami go. She had to spew her venom while comforting John. John knows Sami, Belle, she was his daughter for years, long before you were a zygote in Marlena.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 12
17 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Kristen is going to pull an Ava move with Brady, sleep with me and I will let Eve go..

Isn't this actually an EJ move...

I mean, some soap characters never get blackmailed into sex, this is the second proposition Brady's gotten in like four months!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7

I just realized that, if you want to be really uncharitable to Hope, one might say she shaded Sami about siccing Ben on Will because that stunt kick-started Ben's recovery and thus is why Ben's now shacking up with Ciara.

• Love 7

Sami's being disbelieved about her being drugged and imprisoned by Kristen reminds me unpleasantly at what happened to Theresa.  Why does no one want to believe that these women were held captive and horribly abused but no one questions Abby's having alters.  Man, but Hope is as awful as her daughter--and they're supposed to be the heroines of Salem?

I liked Will and Eric's conversation as well as Sonny and Adrienne's and I especially liked that Will was as confused as he was on what his next move should be.  I am looking forward to seeing Paul's reaction to realizing that Will does love Sonny :)

• Love 9

Just getting to yesterday's episode.  DH is doing a good job with John...not too cheesy, just destroyed.  And AS always kills it as Sami.

Belle, get bent.  

Also I realize that this is not grey's anatomy but geez. She's getting CPR while sitting up?  the AED paddles are on HER THROAT?  Also, let's let her die while she's waiting for everyone to say good bye. At least her makeup stayed on point.  Cripes.

• Love 13
7 hours ago, Harmony233 said:

Hope is so annoying it doesn't matter that Sami was drugged but abby can go around and her altars doing whatever and it's not her fault.

But Abby is a precious Horton, she could assassinate the Pope and Nope and Nightmariffer would tell you she was the saintly victim. Who would have thought that as someone who watched Days from the time she was a kid, that I would hate the Hortons who remain on canvass. I used to love Hope and Jennifer. Now the sight of their faces and the sound of their voices disgust me. I haven’t liked Abigail since Ashley Benson played her. What the hell in the names of Tom and Alice Horton is going on here? 

So Hope the murdering; willing to frame an innocent man; actually belongs in jail; hypocrite; who lives to abuse her authority as a police office has the nerve to question Sammi’s character.

I know Drake is not the best actor, but boy does he sell John’s undying love for Marlena. This ability is why I never bought him with Kristen during any point when he knew Marlena was alive. He and DH have such believable chemistry.

CM continues to kick a** as Will. I’m not thrilled with his lying to Paul, but I get that right now, he doesn’t need the extra added pressure of Paul’s questions and stares. Too bad Sonny is too obtuse to back off a little, especially now.

I liked Will’s scenes with Eric.

• Love 15
37 minutes ago, Happytobehere said:

I know Drake is not the best actor, but boy does he sell John’s undying love for Marlena. This ability is why I never bought him with Kristen during any point when he knew Marlena was alive. He and DH have such believable chemistry.

Drake sells his love for Marlena as John. He has always had fantastic chemistry with his co-stars.. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7

Sami is being blamed for shooting her mother (being kidnapped, drugged, and tackled by her well-meaning brother apparently are not factors) because they think that she would shoot her in order to get info about EJ.

Now I can name a whole list of people that Sami would gladly shoot in the face if it meant that she could find her husband, the man that she loves, and father/stepfather of her younger children who loved and grieved his death. But not her mother or even John or anyone in the wedding party. 

I would think that there would be a ton of people who would sympathize with Sami as a widow raising young children after losing her spouse so violently or unexpectedly. Jennnifer, Kayla, Hope (pre-sorased Ciara), Marlena (who would understand Sami's dilemma), Sonny, Abe, and John have suffered as Sami has. Like none of them wouldn't have blink twice if they knew that they could get back the person they loved.

In Sami's case, she did not nothing before being tackled and is getting blamed as if she pointed her gun at Marlena, shot her and then turned to Kristen demanding to know where EJ is.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 10

I found myself strangely fascinated by Hope's jumping eyebrows as she interrogated Sami. Yes, Hope, you are mad that Rafey cheated on you with his ex-girlfriend while you had broken up. For a day. Stick it to her instead of maybe looking at yourself and that Rafe may not really want you. Or is with you because there is no one else. You have become insufferable, unlikeable. It is not really likely that Sami would shoot her own mother to get information about EJ. She was drugged and not thinking rationally or clearly. Of course, no one bothered to get her blood tested for any signs of actual drugs. Hope is on a power trip and she doesn't care who is collateral damage - as long as she is right. She is old enough to understand that Sami wasn't the 'homewrecker' between her and her magical Rafe. He made the choice and he is responsible. He just triggered whatever insecurity that she has. Always being Fancy Face, always relying on her looks for a man, never having to really do much of anything.

Sonny, you are being a tool. Will has every right to be with his grandmother at the hospital. And it hopefully looks like Will and Paul will have a good talk.

Don't really get Belle. She needs to get over herself and move back to Hong Kong or wherever she is now.

Most of the Salemites are too busy projecting their own crimes against Sami to have any understanding of her and her being a young widow. Too easy to make Sami the bad girl. Abigail could probably outdo her.

Still have no idea what half the women in the Salem universe find attractive about Brady. He is not good relationship material or much of anything else.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Isn't this actually an EJ move... [Kristen bargaining sex for Eve's release]

I mean, some soap characters never get blackmailed into sex, this is the second proposition Brady's gotten in like four months!

And it's gross. Brady may be an ass, but NO ONE deserves to be raped. Which is what that is. And Ron goes to that well FAR too often. Why he thinks it's at all palatable mystifies me. If this were reversed and it was a female (hey, come to think of it, it DID! With EJ/Sami/Lucas' life on the line and it was sick THEN! Romantic couple, my behind...), people would rightfully scream blue murder.

Stop it, Ron.

• Love 8

Haven't watched today yet, and may just skip it. 

I also missed the first twenty minutes of the episode in which Marlena got shot.  Yesterday Sami emphatically said that she did not shoot the gun when Eric stupidly tackled her.  Is there any chance it was someone else?  Are the corrupt duo Hope and Rafe testing the gun or doing any of the other investigative stuff cops are supposed to do when an evil villain returns from the dead and causes mayhem?

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 5

I'm not specifically quoting anybody because so many of you have made really excellent points.  Everyone is on board to blame Sami almost more than Kristen.  I loved Sami's line to the effect that they weren't having girls night - most people are acting like Sami and Kristen were braiding each other's hair, giving each other pedicures and giggling about boys. 

I like the way they are writing Sami this time around, still with the same fire, but very calm and collected.  She rightly called out Hope that the only reason she was in the police station is punishment for having sex with a man who TOLD HER HE WAS BROKEN UP!  Was it REALLY her responsibility to make sure she couldn't reunite them?  So far she hasn't really lost it with anyone.

And Belle, that horse you're on is awfully high.  Are you really going to say you've never deliberately hurt people (can we say cheating, boys and girls?)

It seems like the men are more inclined to cut Sami slack this time around - less of the "well that's just crazy Sami" talk from them.

• Love 6
34 minutes ago, annabel said:

I'm ready for everything Kristen to be over, the stuff with Brady today was just gross. and everyone railing against Sami is terrible; why is no one blaming Eric at all?

Why isn't everyone blaming Kristen? And for Hope to suggest that Sami was aiding and abetting Kristen is fucking stupid.

• Love 13

Other than Will, I'm either bored or annoyed.  Marlena isn't going to die, we know that, ....... next.  DH is doing good work but it's a waste of time.

Belle's bitchiness is falling flat because we all saw what actually happened .... next....

Hope is unpleasant, self serving, desperate, etc., all because of Rafe ..... oh, please God, NEXT.....

CM is doing a great job ..... that's all I got.

Oh one more thing.... Sami is better than every other freaking resident of Salem and they can all FOAD.

And Kristen/Susan whoever the fuck, just disappear and never, ever, EVER reappear again.

• Love 13
10 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

At this point, Sami and Gabi could murder the entire town, and I would still be on their side.

Yessss!  Gabi should bring Sami in on her schemes against Abigail; it's not like Sami wouldn't enjoy making that twit twist.

• Love 16

Stacy Haiduk is like a breath of fresh air.  If they insist on writing Kristin as a mustache-twirling villain, at least it's nice to see a new interpretation of the nonsense.  Plus, it looks like she's having fun playing the characters.  

I was more annoyed that they wanted me to believe Sami would even bother talking to Hope without her lawyer present than I was that Kristin was trying to blackmail/rape Brady.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Harmony233 said:

For someone who's supposed to be a heroine Abby sure has screwed a few people over sami,carrie,and gabi.

Slappy is not and will never be a heroine.  This is why I prefer characters like Sami and Gabi.  I would love for Gabi to ask Sami for help with her scheme.  Sami, Kate, and Gabi working together when they threw Nick in the river was hilarious.

I really like how CM is playing Will and his trying to handle everything (his memories returning, Marlena being shot, Sami, Sonny and Paul, etc.).

• Love 10

I want a big fan of Sami during her romantic heroine stage because the show made her indecisive when that was the furthest thing from Sami.  I mean this is a girl that was determined to get Austin at all cost, determined to keep Will away from Lucas, and determined to beat Katw at her own game.  

Plus, I wish the characters would take a turn and slap her especially when she acts entitled or judgemental.

Ugh, again, Sonny.  Funny how quickly "I'm not going to push you" turned into "Let's talk about your renewed love for me now Now NOW!", like, two hours later, when Will JUST said he came to see Ari.  The show also needs to calm it down with the flashbacks*, we got it.  And thus I found it funny that Susan was stanning for Paul right to Sonny's face, heh.

* Not of Will remembering things, but of Sonny thinking about Will remembering things.  Again, we got it.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9

I think it's time someone neutered Brady for his own good. That guy needs to be hosed down with disinfectant at this point. What a headcase.

Again, does Ron or any of these writers get that we don't like seeing people forcibly coerced into sex to save someone else's life? It's not hot. It's never been.

As much as I like Judi Evans, I found it really pathetic that Sonny couldn't wait to run home to Mommy to tell him Will had feelings for him again. Sonny has no friends. I know that's true of a lot of characters on the show but I find it especially glaring with Sonny. He was the CEO who had to hire a guy he slept with to be his assistant because he had no other options? He had no one to talk to but a random bartender at the pub when it came to getting back on the horse? All he seems to do is obsess about Will, and considering the way he more or less introduced Will to gay life back in the day I get really uncomfortable with aspects of their relationship. It's like Sonny has been waiting for Will to get with him since day one, and doing everything he could subtle or overt to encourage it. I suppose there's his friendship with Chad, but even that seems weird because Chad was closer with Will back in the day. And of course Billy Flynn seems to go out of his way to make it weird, like Chad is one breath away from running off with Sonny.

I will say that I really liked Staci today as Susan in the bathrobe at Victor's house. I just wish he'd walked in, not that Victor is doing much walking these days. And I'm especially glad the writers decided to make a beat out of Will keeping the idea that EJ might be alive from Susan. Smart thinking Will. I hope he and Susan continue to have a kind of friendship.

Isn't it interesting how last year Eric was essentially the show's leading man, and now Will and to a certain degree Paul and all of his heartbreak have taken center stage. I wonder who will be the most rootable character next year?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I think it's time someone neutered Brady for his own good. That guy needs to be hosed down with disinfectant at this point. What a headcase.

As much as I like Judi Evans, I found it really pathetic that Sonny couldn't wait to run home to Mommy to tell him Will had feelings for him again. Sonny has no friends. I know that's true of a lot of characters on the show but I find it especially glaring with Sonny. He was the CEO who had to hire a guy he slept with to be his assistant because he had no other options? He had no one to talk to but a random bartender at the pub when it came to getting back on the horse? All he seems to do is obsess about Will, and considering the way he more or less introduced Will to gay life back in the day I get really uncomfortable with aspects of their relationship. It's like Sonny has been waiting for Will to get with him since day one, and doing everything he could subtle or overt to encourage it. I suppose there's his friendship with Chad, but even that seems weird because Chad was closer with Will back in the day. And of course Billy Flynn seems to go out of his way to make it weird, like Chad is one breath away from running off with Sonny.

I get not liking Sonny these days, I'm not wild about him myself.  But the him not having any friends thing isn't true to Sonny's history.  When he was first introduced to Show as the grown up Sonny, he had lots of friends, was very out, and as his and Will's relationship developed, it was Will who felt threatened by Sonny and his varied interests and friendships.  Will felt he might not measure up.  Sonny wasn't a creepy loner, he was a well-rounded grown up.  And while I think he was intrigued/attracted by and to Will I never, ever ever thought he was predatory in any way.  If anyone pursued anyone, it was Will going after Sonny, even when he was still closeted.  

One of the things I found refreshing about Sonny was how well rounded he was while at the same time being completely out and unashamed about his sexuality.   Show has IMO devolved Sonny since his first days on Show and what we see now is NOT what we saw then.  

For me personally, I always hold my breath when daytime, or nightime tv for that matter, have gay characters because IMO they hardly ever get it right, except in a flash here or there.  

• Love 12
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Random musing - I wonder if Kristen knows about Stefan O. 

My sister brought that up while we were watching today. I had forgotten about Stefan tbh lol.

17 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Did Sami clock Rafe?

Here's hoping!

• Love 4
54 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Knowing Julie, she's probably screaming because the canapes are not in the right spot.

I could not get over Julie callously referring to Susan as "that kook" when her dear niece is mentally ill and then to start screaming that Susan could sue them instead of worrying about someone being locked in a freezer--DAMN, talk about cold-blooded.

I really liked the Sonny, Will and Susan scenes particularly the looks Sonny and Will would exchange when Susan was being massively over-dramatic and I really liked Will's defending Sami while simultaneously not wanting to get Susan's hopes up about EJ's being alive--he is a very kind young man.  And I didn't think Sonny was being pushy in the least with Will--they were talking about Will's memories coming back, remembering their daughter's being born and Sonny asked a simple question about where they stood.  It is a legitimate question and fit into the conversation they were having.  I know the Sonny hate is high, but not everything he does is automatically evil.

• Love 10

It amused me that Kristin was found and rehabilitated by nuns.  It's like the perfect way for her twisted mind to believe her sins of the past have been washed away, and I can see how their mercy would inspire her to make her version of amends and think all would be well.  I wish they'd left out the part of Stefano coming to her in some kind of dream to motivate her revenge, because this could have been a much more interesting conversation if she was coming from a place of deep inner conflict and uncertainty of what drives her criminal behavior.  I know, wrong show. 

I don't think Sonny asking Will where he stands with him is automatically evil but it does seem incredibly self-serving, especially when Will is currently in a relationship and his beloved Grandmother has just been shot.  It doesn't help that the actor doesn't play the scenes with a reluctance to ask the question.  

• Love 4

If I had my way, Stacy would play Susan.  She has captured the essence of Susan while putting her own spin on the role that diverges from Eileen's. 

However, I do think that Kristen is Eileen's, full stop. Eileen was able to give her a certain vulnerability and humor.  I also think that Stefano played a role in Kristen's breakdown and was the catalyst to her turning evil. It made sense to me that she would mention that she dreamt of Stefano while she was recuperating from her injuries. Stefano purported to love his children, but, in the end his depravity and narcissism destroyed them all.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

I also think that Stefano played a role in Kristen's breakdown and was the catalyst to her turning evil. It made sense to me that she would mention that she dreamt of Stefano while she was recuperating from her injuries. Stefano purported to love his children, but, in the end his depravity and narcissism destroyed them all.  

You make a good point.  If I had taken the scene at face value, it was a way to inform the audience that Kristin holds Stefano responsible for her misdeeds and isn't even close to taking personal responsibility.  

• Love 3

I say keep Stacy on as Susan, even if on a recurring basis.. and have Eileen back to play Kristen (so that Brenda E can go back to play Ashley on Y & R).

Stacy plays Susan more like a real person, and not like a caricature.  I always saw it as Eileen did it as a joke, while Stacy is playing Susan more like a human being and a character in her own right.  I will say I like the more confident/cold element she is infusing into Kristen.

• Love 7

I am enjoying Susan. How dare Julie speak about her as some kook. Perhaps she needs to be locked in the freezer for a bit. Or it is time for her and Doug to take another cruise. I was turned off at her and Doug discussing his 50 plus daughter's er heartbreak.  Hope has been around the block a few times.  She's getting close to getting the seniors' discount in places and can make her own life choices. She is not a 10 year old princess. Too much coddling a hot mess makes.

No idea if Sami clocked Rafe. Good for her if she did.

Getting tired of the old Will and Sonny flashbacks. Sonny, just can your behavior. Let Will return to you in his own time and space and just let it go.

Eric looked good today. Guilty Jenn is going to come clean about Nicole?

Brady, you are a big dude. You can certainly get some sort of bathrobe tie and tie her up. And seriously, with all the Kiriakis goons, no one has found Eve?

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

I am enjoying Susan. How dare Julie speak about her as some kook. Perhaps she needs to be locked in the freezer for a bit. Or it is time for her and Doug to take another cruise. I was turned off at her and Doug discussing his 50 plus daughter's er heartbreak.  Hope has been around the block a few times.  She's getting close to getting the seniors' discount in places and can make her own life choices. She is not a 10 year old princess. Too much coddling a hot mess makes.

Didn't you love Julie saying to Eric, trying to act coy (as if the female Foghorn Leghorn doesn't broadcast her true intentions a mile away), "Just in case people ask, is it true that YOUR SISTER SHOT YOUR MOTHER??"  Yeah, sure Julie, just "in case people ask."  I have no doubt she stole a magic marker from the nursing station and scurried off to write it all on every bathroom stall in the hospital.

"Everyone at hospital just seems so hopeless", Julie says to Doug.  Julie, dearest, that's how everyone feels the minute they see you coming towards them, mouth open and moving, that happy gleam you get when you sense bad news making you glow.  I promise the cloud lifts the second you leave.

She's just such a DARLING, dontcha know?

Poor Doug is the world's oldest Stockholm Syndrome sufferer.  If he ever brains her with his ukelele no jury will convict him.

Has Show considered that sleeping with Brady just MIGHT be the reason Kristen is even crazier than she was?  Though it's hard to believe that the 2 minutes it takes from start to finish can do that to a person.

Susan's screeching today was enough to start my dog and all the others in the neighborhood to howling.  If Sonny is going to keep her, I suggest one of those shock collars.  And shots, he needs to make sure she's up to date with her shots.  I suppose she's housebroken but if not, well, all I know is Maggie's had it up to here with having her carpets ruined.

Damn, Hope, dial it back.  Sami slept with Rafe, she didn't shoot an old man and then wrap his body in a rug (which seems to be a Salem thing but nevermind) and then let somebody else take the fall.  Besides, don't you think having sex with Rafe is punishment enough?  

Edited by boes
  • Love 19
13 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

I say keep Stacy on as Susan, even if on a recurring basis.. and have Eileen back to play Kristen (so that Brenda E can go back to play Ashley on Y & R).

Stacy plays Susan more like a real person, and not like a caricature.  I always saw it as Eileen did it as a joke, while Stacy is playing Susan more like a human being and a character in her own right.  I will say I like the more confident/cold element she is infusing into Kristen.

I loved Brenda Epperson's Ashley much more than Eileen's version.  It is funny because Eileen originated the role. Brenda and Eileen look like they could be sisters in real life. Brenda was stunning and the camera loved her..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

Having Stacy stay on as Susan and Eileen come back at Kristen at some point now that she's off Y&R would be a great way to have our cake and eat it too.

I don't think I mentioned specifically, but I like that the bond between Will and Susan is still there, it didn't completely dissipate, that's much more real.

17 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

My sister brought that up while we were watching today. I had forgotten about Stefan tbh lol.

I have not missed him one bit, but a scene where Kristen dragged him for his faux DiMera-ness could be fun.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2