Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

... it was supposed to mirror that Julia Roberts movie, where she played a battered wife that faked her death, to get away from her husband. The name of that movie escapes me..

So to speak? (Heh.)

Sleeping With The Enemy (to be fair, it's rather an old movie). Of course, a better title for such a story set in this town would probably be Sleeping With Everybody.

I thought Jordan's story was kind of a muddle, too.

• Love 5
58 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And Eve saying she always knew Theresa was a slut?  Girl, check yourself. 

A woman recently sex trafficked was just slut shamed by her sibling. SMH. The same sibling who is an ex-prostitute to boot. Ick. And tone-deaf. 

Ron is just keeps finding new ways to make this triangle suck. Also not sure how that type of comment is supposed to make Eve and Brady the rooting pairing. 

• Love 15

Wow! They had Eve say that?! Been missing shows lately.

I can't help but wonder how things will play out if the show has JJ and Theresa sleep together. Will Eve have to eat her words for being upset that Theresa is going after one of her exes? Or will it just be another argument in the case against Theresa's virtue?

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

It just clicked for me that Brady/Eve are starting to give me Rex/Gigi vibes.  Ewwwwww.

ACCKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!  That's a bridge troll too far for me.  OMG, things are looking grim.

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Chick2Chic said:

A woman recently sex trafficked was just slut shamed by her sibling. SMH. The same sibling who is an ex-prostitute to boot. Ick. And tone-deaf. 

This fucking show.   

Days continues to refuse to treat what Theresa went through with any seriousness.  I cannot stand the character of Theresa.  But WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?!!   I'm not mad at Eve, exactly.  Under the circumstances portrayed by the show, Eve has every right to be pissed at Theresa.  But why the writers insist on having the characters spout this misogynistic nonsense and refuse to acknowledge the story they wrote... UGH.

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 11

That was incredibly awful of Lani to be talking to Eli about the baby right there in front of JJ.

Nice to the Police Commissioner's entire focus of the entire PD is to hunt down her adult daughter who's been missing for less than 24 hours.

Ugh, I hate how Theresa degrades herself for the horrible Brady.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Brady and Eve are so awful and smug and the worst.  And Eve saying she always knew Theresa was a slut?  Girl, check yourself.  I want Theresa to wipe them off the planet.

wasn't eve a prostitute? 

4 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

That was incredibly awful of Lani to be talking to Eli about the baby right there in front of JJ.

Nice to the Police Commissioner's entire focus of the entire PD is to hunt down her adult daughter who's been missing for less than 24 hours.

remember ,she is an entitled, royal horton on her mothers side. just stop helping other people who need it at the station and look for ciara. i was fuming. bitch. 

• Love 4
(edited)
26 minutes ago, msrachelj said:

wasn't eve a prostitute? 

Eve was not only a prostitute. She was in love with her pimp Nick...She also was forced back into prostitution by another pimp and her stepmom Kim saved her ass and it came at a price. Kim was viciously attacked by that pimp and she lost her baby girl.. It was really sad.. Eve also resented that baby girl in utero, because she was scared that Shane, her dad, would not love her anymore. Kim was once hospitalized, due to pneumonia, was heavily pregnant and did not want to take medication, in order to not hurt that baby. Eve could not care less, it was almost like she wanted Kim to lose the baby.  Eve was a piece of work, but, she was sympathetic. Her saving grace was her love, for her baby brother, Andrew.  Kim was at first very resentful of both Shane and Eve, for losing her daughter. She never really expressed it, but, it was obvious to everybody.   Eventually, she was able to patch things up with them. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Brady and Eve are so awful and smug and the worst.  And Eve saying she always knew Theresa was a slut?  Girl, check yourself.  I want Theresa to wipe them off the planet.

Holy shit! That sets me on fire and haven't even watched, yet. I'm done with this character. The actress can't save her for me anymore. 

• Love 4

I’m confused by JJ’s horny signal for Theresa (Go for it!) but yet he still desire Lani? 

Ciara’s phone security ?

Brady, WTF is wrong with you?! Eve? Seriously?! I am not a botanist but smart enough to see dead roses in this relationship. Well... Be careful or you’ll end up like Michael Douglas in The Wars of the Roses! 

What else? 

Tripp! I’ve not seen you out of your place yet... it’s not long obviously (Just started regularly thanks to DVR) but still... say hello to someone instead of moping yourself on the floor. It’s too slippery to walk on right now so I’m amazed how others managed to skate on it. 

One more thing to NBC, The official app is terrible so please spare my poor eyes from your terrible CC. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Lani is a horrible person--she has zero regard for anyone but herself.  JJ deserves better.

Re: the new Horton Princess:  so not only do we get to hear everyone talk about how strong and badass Cirara is, but we also got to see Hope, Rafe and Eli scrunching up the foreheads trying to figure out Ciara's oh so brilliant password.  I bet the goddamn cryptologists/codebreakers from Bletchley couldn't figure out her code.  That's how super-smart Ciara is.

Considering Eve's past profession and how she's conducted herself for the majority of her life, I can't believe she would have the guts to call anyone a slut--much less her sister who she knows has gone through an abusive experience.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, plurie said:

She found out Rafe was cheating on her, so she dumped him and left town.

Actually, after she dumped Rafe, she had a romance with Chad. It's the one time I really liked her character; she and Chad had good chemistry together and were so much more appealing than Chabby. But of course Chabby was endgame, so he and Jordan eventually broke up. Then she left, largely to get away from Clyde IIRC.

Do they really have to destroy Eve like this? Over freaking Brady? If she's going to horribly insult someone, how about her daughter's killer instead of her sister?

• Love 5
(edited)

Teresa, as someone who has been human trafficked, you really should not pursue Brady. He isn't worth it. Work out a custody arrangement with him regarding Tate, and move on. If you two will get together, it will happen on its own. Your own sister - the pot - calling the kettle black was unwarranted. I have no idea why you even want Brady. Let him deal with his addictions before having a serious thing with him.

JJ, Lani blatantly lied to you - yeah, it was out of fear, shame, or guilt about the thought of losing a decent guy. It's tough to co-parent when the other parent may or may not want you around. Let her go. Her only real interest seems to be herself. And she really doesn't look like she's 6 months or so along. Maybe it's just the body type.

I did have a shred of sympathy for Ciara when Ben was setting her broken leg. Wouldn't be surprised if he eventually joins the Salem EMT. He did really go on about his mom and sister's abuse at the hands of Clyde.

How many passwords can Ciara have? If her phone was new and had fingerprint recognition, all they would need is a print. Or even a photo for facial recognition.

Thought Eve's outfit looked a bit warm for the middle of June. Maybe it's a chilly day in Salem or someone has the a/c turned up.

Edited by Frozendiva
typo
  • Love 5
35 minutes ago, annabel said:

I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV, but since when does a compound fracture indicate possible amputation??

On the same show that now has a "Dead Be Gone" body spray with conditioner?

• Love 14
20 hours ago, annabel said:

I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV, but since when does a compound fracture indicate possible amputation??

Bacterial infection leading to flesh eating disease?

• Love 2
On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 10:09 AM, Apprentice79 said:

Plus, the show never really knew what to do with her. Her backstory was changed multiple times. She was supposed to have been a battered woman fleeing her abusive husband, it was supposed to mirror that Julia Roberts movie, where she played a battered wife that faked her death, to get away from her husband. The name of that movie escapes me..

I think that the actress should have played a recast Cassie or Jan Spears...

My understanding is that Jordan was originally supposed to be Cassie in disguise until the writer's changed the plan they had for her story, which is probably why it was so nonsensical. 

• Love 2

Cassie? So that means Kate wouldn't have recognized her own child?

I'm catching up on this week's stuff and here are a few of my random thoughts.

Is Xander gone again? They didn't even show him leave the house. Seemed pretty abrupt.

No, Jennifer, it is none of your fucking business who your grown-up son has over at his apartment. Why don't you occupy yourself with your fake newspaper job and your sexless relationship with Eric.

I really hope Theresa and JJ's friendship continues. I like the mutual respect that's there and that they both seem like adults who can put aside their past mistakes and be more mature. I'm missing the hell out of Anne, but if Theresa can have JJ as a friend and sounding board I can deal.

Maggie and Eve can both just die already. I'm getting severe whiplash from Maggie's metamorphosis back into Naggie, and Eve's willingness to deliberately usurp her sister's role in Tate's life baffles me. WTH is wrong with these people?!?

Sonny is awful. Paul should cut Will loose and leave with what's left of his dignity.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Is Xander gone again? They didn't even show him leave the house. Seemed pretty abrupt.

No, Jennifer, it is none of your fucking business who your grown-up son has over at his apartment. Why don't you occupy yourself with your fake newspaper job and your sexless relationship with Eric.

I really hope Theresa and JJ's friendship continues. I like the mutual respect that's there and that they both seem like adults who can put aside their past mistakes and be more mature. I'm missing the hell out of Anne, but if Theresa can have JJ as a friend and sounding board I can deal.

Maggie and Eve can both just die already. I'm getting severe whiplash from Maggie's metamorphosis back into Naggie, and Eve's willingness to deliberately usurp her sister's role in Tate's life baffles me. WTH is wrong with these people?!?

Sonny is awful. Paul should cut Will loose and leave with what's left of his dignity.

I'm assuming the Cassie as Jordan disguise would of been more elaborate than the traditional tv "Clark Kent glasses".

• Love 3
2 hours ago, JBC344 said:

I'm assuming the Cassie as Jordan disguise would of been more elaborate than the traditional tv "Clark Kent glasses".

That's still difficult for me to imagine because Kate had mentioned going to visit Philip, Rex and Cassie in Chicago about a year before Jordan showed up.

• Love 2
(edited)
20 minutes ago, drtslim said:

That's still difficult for me to imagine because Kate had mentioned going to visit Philip, Rex and Cassie in Chicago about a year before Jordan showed up.

Perhaps, she would have had plastic surgery.. Cassie was created in a lab..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, drtslim said:

Of course.  But you can't let logic get in the way of a Days storyline, :)

• Love 7
On 6/15/2018 at 9:33 PM, DeafAngelboy23 said:

Brady, WTF is wrong with you?! Eve? Seriously?! I am not a botanist but smart enough to see dead roses in this relationship.

Heh. Come to think of it, a botanist would probably have more insight into Bonehead Black's "psyche" (ahem), since he's basically a houseplant.

• Love 10

Again, Sonny is being beyond self-absorbed and whiny re: Will getting his memories back.  And Paul is being way too nice.  He should have slammed the door on Sonny when he was all, "Yeah, I just assumed Will would get his memories back and dump you lickety split, just like I did!".  And no acknowledgement that Paul tried to warn Sonny about Leo to begin with, and instead, Sonny bit his head off?  Ugh ugh ugh.  Between Sonny and Brady, these Kiriakis men are really testing me.

• Love 8
On 6/17/2018 at 1:42 AM, DisneyBoy said:

jennifer the fucking  busy-body strikes again. can you imagine having this harpie in your life?!

• Love 3
(edited)

The show was boring today. Hope referencing Bo and calling him Brady made me sad. I miss Bo.  

I don't want Ciara with Ben. Bo's little girl should not be saddle with him. Ciara had the potential to be such a hellion, like her cousin Sami. The show set up her characterization, as a child.  I loved how she blackmailed Sami for diamond earrings.  Then, they turned her into a victim and ruined Chase. I could rant about that awful story for eternity.. So unnecessary..

I feel kind of bad for Paul. It is obvious where the triangle is going.  

I did like that flashback of Wilson, but, they have made Sonny so unlikable.  I am trying to find something good to say about Sonny, but, that flashback was just a reminder of how bad the show destroyed Sonny and his innate goodness. It reminds of what they did to Will, years ago, before his murder. I am still nostalgic for original recipe Wilson, they had so much potential. I have always said that they reminded me of Kim and Shane. I don't have a problem with being the lone Wilson lover on here..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7

I have always said that they reminded me of Kim and Shane.  I don't have a problem with being the lone Wilson lover on here..

From the little I know about Kim and Mr. Sheffield, I can't really see Will and Sonny being analogous.  Please show your work. ;)

And I don't think not liking the pairing now or thinking its run its course or whatever means you retroactively hate the original story that worked for you.  Again, shipping a pairing is not a blood oath to ship them forever.

• Love 3

Just when I'm like ok I'm into this with Ben/Ciara, Ciara has to show what a stupid little shit she is and I'm out again. She sucks so hard.

The Wilson flashbacks really illuminated how shitty FS is now. 

I skipped most of this ep because I just really didn't care lol. 

• Love 6

I am trying to find something good to say about Sonny, but, that flashback was just a reminder of bad the show destroyed Sonny and his innate goodness. It reminds of what they did to Will, years ago, before his murder. I am still nostalgic for original recipe Wilson, they had so much potential. I have always said that they reminded me of Kim and Shane. I don't have a problem with being the lone Wilson lover on here..

I'm not sure that you are alone. I thought their original pairing was a wonderfully involving and emotionally satisfying story, and I think both characters have been altered too much -- maybe not beyond recognition, but the changes never felt organic to me, and as a result, the destruction of their relationship felt very manipulated and plot-driven. We joked about the practically perfect Sonny Poppins, I think Sonny was a truly generous and good-hearted person in the beginning, and I don't see that nearly as much any more.

• Love 5
(edited)
40 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

From the little I know about Kim and Mr. Sheffield, I can't really see Will and Sonny being analogous.  Please show your work. ;)

And I don't think not liking the pairing now or thinking its run its course or whatever means you retroactively hate the original story that worked for you.  Again, shipping a pairing is not a blood oath to ship them forever.

Wilson were friends who fell in love like Kim and Shane.  They rushed Wilson too much for my liking and did not give them enough adventures.  Will like his Great-aunt Kim was troubled, struggled with self-esteem with a secret.  Sonny like Shane was like a knight in shining armor . Sonny had a temper and was quick to anger, but, had a good heart. Shane was like that as well.  Will like Kim was his own worst enemy with secrets and lies.  Shane and Kim had much better writing.  Their buildup was really good. They are my favorite couple of all time. They too got horrific writing.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Aw, poor Ciara is a victim.  Boohoo.

Jesus, Sonny is an asshole.

JJ is such a a better person than Brady and Sonny.  He treats his ex with respect.

I think it's time to put JJ out front more and give him a lead role, rather than supporting.  

• Love 12

Call me crazy but I didn't hate the Paul, Sonny, Will scenes nor did I think Sonny was a jerk--I think he genuinely went to Will's room to talk about the anti-Leo article he wanted Will to write and not to see if Will's memories came back.  Of course he would want Will to remember their life together but I also think he truly wanted Paul and Will's help to defeat Leo's con-game.  Again, call me crazy but I see hope that Sonny can act like a mature adult in how he deals with both Will and Paul.

Don't care one iota about Lani's pregnancy and the show really needs to move the Ciara and Ben scenes along--seriously, how long did it take him to actually leave the cabin, at least three scenes of him talking about getting supplies.  Good Lord!

• Love 6

Ben sure took a long time leaving the cabin. Chances are he will run in to Rafe and Hope.

Ciara, you do need proper medical attention - a cast or a boot or whatever so your leg sets properly. The cabin probably hasn't been cleaned in a while. You are also dirty from meeting the road.

Don't really care about Lani or her baby - or soon to be preemie. Nice of JJ to be a mature adult about this.

Will, one memory does not a cure make. You know nothing about the serum or potion - getting your memories back may take a long time.

Sonny, you have lots of money - or rather grandfather Vic has lots of money. Surely there are some snoops on the street who can dig up dirt on Leo. The fact is, the lawsuit was pretty convenient.

• Love 4

When an injured teenager is "rescued" by a recently released serial killer, it goes without saying that all sympathy would belong to the teenage girl, right?

Welllllllllll, not in this case.  I'm feeling far sorrier for Ben than I am that little snit, Ciara.  What a poisonous little witch she is, and dumber than dirt.  Since when is it a good idea to antagonize a serial killer?  

Run, Ben, run, and don't look back.

I love Kayla but not this storyline.

Lani?  Lani who?  

• Love 15
(edited)
10 hours ago, boes said:

When an injured teenager is "rescued" by a recently released serial killer, it goes without saying that all sympathy would belong to the teenage girl, right?

Welllllllllll, not in this case.  I'm feeling far sorrier for Ben than I am that little snit, Ciara.  What a poisonous little witch she is, and dumber than dirt.  Since when is it a good idea to antagonize a serial killer?  

Run, Ben, run, and don't look back.

LOL!! Yesterday reminded me why I find Ciara so annoying. Am I suppose to believe that she's so upset over a boy she had a five minute relationship with? Give me a break. And I agree, BOES! Who talks to someone that's  just been released from a mental hospital like that? She doesn't know what Ben is capable of doing. And what has Hope done to make you put her through this kind of hell worrying about you? Grow up, Ciara!

Edited by Sidney
  • Love 10

Kayla needs to shut the door when she is doing her Kate uncover mission.   

JJ is beautiful. 

Ciara is hurt but not letting her family know she is ok is so cruel of her.   Hope finding that bike crashed up was hard to watch. 

• Love 7

Today's episode?  All about Lani.  I'm serious, the entire god-forsaken episode featured Miss Lani Price and all of the Hortons gathering around to pray that she and the baby will be okay.

Lani, who has lied for months about the father of her baby gets treated like a precious jewel by her family while Theresa who sacrificed her liberty and happiness to protect her son and the man she loves, gets called a slut and whore by her loved ones.

Julie, who is gleeful at the thought of Gabi's being in prison and who doesn't care that Ari will be without her mother is practically in tears at the idea of Lani losing her baby.

I used to love it when Val was disdainful towards Lani and now she's scrubbing in on the C-section surgery because she's that deeply concerned and protective.

I just can't take the insane double standards and how anyone even remotely related to a Horton is treated like gold while everyone else is treated like garbage--sometimes I really hate this show.

• Love 21

Why can't JJ be paired with Theresa or Gabi?

I understand couples break up on soaps and move onto other relationships, but why do the writers feel the need to completely ruin the characters or couples to do so.  I liked Will/Sonny, but I was okay with them moving onto other people.  It happens.  Especially when someone cheats, or dies, etc.

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Today's episode?  All about Lani.  I'm serious, the entire god-forsaken episode featured Miss Lani Price and all of the Hortons gathering around to pray that she and the baby will be okay.

Lani, who has lied for months about the father of her baby gets treated like a precious jewel by her family while Theresa who sacrificed her liberty and happiness to protect her son and the man she loves, gets called a slut and whore by her loved ones.

Julie, who is gleeful at the thought of Gabi's being in prison and who doesn't care that Ari will be without her mother is practically in tears at the idea of Lani losing her baby.

I used to love it when Val was disdainful towards Lani and now she's scrubbing in on the C-section surgery because she's that deeply concerned and protective.

I just can't take the insane double standards and how anyone even remotely related to a Horton is treated like gold while everyone else is treated like garbage--sometimes I really hate this show.

I am not the biggest Lani fan, but,  Lani has not done anything to the Horton family to deserve their scorn. What happened in her relationship with JJ was a private matter. Plus, there is an innocent baby involved, who did not ask to be born. I see no problem with the Hortons rallying around Lani to give her support.  Plus, this is also Eli's child.. Tom and Alice's first great great great great grandchild. 

Theresa does not get along with her family and does not care about mending fences with them. Whenever, she speaks about Roman or Kayla, it is with derision. I have never heard her express anything about Bo's death.  She was nonplussed about Will's death.  She has never talked about her brother Andrew or Stefanie who she grew up with, like a sister.  I doubt the Brady family even know about what she had gone through in Mexico.  It is sad to me because I remember how close Bo, Roman, Rojohn,Kim and Kayla were. They had issues like all siblings, but, you never had any doubt that they loved each other.. The Brady family was always my favorite, I loved Papa Shawn's Irish accent. It made him so different and I loved that, the most about him..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I am not the biggest Lani fan, but,  Lani has not done anything to the Horton family to deserve their scorn. What happened in her relationship with JJ was a private matter. Plus, there is an innocent baby involved, who did not ask to be born. I see no problem with the Hortons rallying around Lani to give her support.  Plus, this is also Eli's child.. Tom and Alice's first great great great great grandchild. 

Theresa does not get along with her family and does not care about mending fences with them. Whenever, she speaks about Roman or Kayla, it is with derision. I have never heard her express anything about Bo's death.  She was nonplussed about Will's death.  I doubt the Brady family even know about what she had gone through in Mexico.  It is sad to me because I remember how close Bo, Roman, Kim and Kayla were. They had issues like all siblings, but, you never had any doubt that they loved each other..

I agree.  I think they can be made at Lani for lying to JJ, but at the end of the day this baby will still be a Horton through Eli.  I also don't have an issue with Valerie being supportive.  Her issue with Lani was her keeping the paternity a secret and cutting Eli out.  That isn't a factor anymore.  Also this is her first grandchild and she is just as invested in the baby being healthy as anyone else.

I think this would actually be Alice and Tom's first great great great grandchild (3).  At first I was going to say that Ali was but I forget that generationally she, Claire and Eli are paired.

• Love 5
(edited)

I don't care that the Hortons are supportive of Lani, I care that the Hortons pick and choose who they are supportive of and who they talk down to.  If Lani's cheating on JJ and getting pregnant with Eli's baby is such a private matter, then Theresa's leaving Brady and Tate should also be private but instead we have Hortons (Jennifer, Maggie) making nasty comments to Theresa.   I do get that this is Valerie's first grandchild, but she doesn't have to be practically cooing over Lani to show her support.

And when I said Theresa's loved ones, I meant Eve and Brady specifically and not her family that she barely interacts with (Kayla, Roman), and let's not forget that when Kayla speaks of Theresa, she doesn't exactly use loving tones either--much like Kayla not seeming to care that Sami was cheated on, Kayla's not always behind her Brady relatives.  And I'm not sure why Theresa is being pointed out for not reacting to Bo's death--did Kim and Shane even show up for the funeral?  

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 6
30 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I don't care that the Hortons are supportive of Lani, I care that the Hortons pick and choose who they are supportive of and who they talk down to.  If Lani's cheating on JJ and getting pregnant with Eli's baby is such a private matter, then Theresa's leaving Brady and Tate should also be private but instead we have Hortons (Jennifer, Maggie) making nasty comments to Theresa.   I do get that this is Valerie's first grandchild, but she doesn't have to be practically cooing over Lani to show her support.

And when I said Theresa's loved ones, I meant Eve and Brady specifically and not her family that she barely interacts with (Kayla, Roman), and let's not forget that when Kayla speaks of Theresa, she doesn't exactly use loving tones either--much like Kayla not seeming to care that Sami was cheated on, Kayla's not always behind her Brady relatives.  And I'm not sure why Theresa is being pointed out for not reacting to Bo's death--did Kim and Shane even show up for the funeral?  

I mostly agree with you about Theresa's treatment but I think Jennifer and Maggie have a different perspective/vested interest because of their relationships to Brady, not necessarily having to do with them being Hortons.  Also I think that there is more "bad blood" with Theresa's schemes over the years than Lani's. 

There is also the history that Theresa has with those particular women's sons that I'm sure are a factor.

• Love 2