Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I actually saw this scene - it was yesterday.  She asked Rafe to do it, saying she opposed it before but now that she believes Will is still alive, she wants it dug up.

Didn't Monday's episode conclude with everyone concluding that Will was still dead? Even Sami?

I agree, Tripp, High Fidelity is a great movie.

Jeez, Claire such an idiot.

Sami and Rafe have so much more chemistry than Rafe and Hope do.

I'm surprised they didn't show us Will's empty grave.

"Every one I love in the same room."  So, Lani, you don't love your mother?

Are Lani and JJ on active duty but still going to that party then having happy fun times in bed?

It didn't take that long for Paul to admit the truth.  Most soaps would have milked it for months.

Ew, squishy sound.

What was Theo carrying?

I hope we get some dramatic scenes from Kate about her guilt over sending Theo there in the first place.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

It didn't take that long for Paul to admit the truth.  Most soaps would have milked it for months.

I still he's punched his ticket for Sonny to break up with him, though, by lying in the first place.  I wouldn't blame him one bit if he did.

• Love 1

Maybe the break-in scenes made sense on paper, but on screen they were just a jumbled mess.  Why were JJ & Lani getting off duty, and leaving the station, but no one was there to replace them?  What was the point of the fake-out break-in?  Why was JJ called about the real break-in when he was off duty.  And why would they call detectives to check out a break-in anyway? Wouldn't that be just the regular cop on the beat, or in a squad car? 

I guess I should feel bad that Theo got shot, but that was another of the spoilers I knew about, so I was expecting it to happen. And, unfortunately, I know even more about what's going to happen with Theo's storyline.  I'll be so glad when I don't know spoilers anymore.  Damn that 6 month in advance taping schedule.

Weren't Sami and Rafe in Salem? How'd they get to Memphis so fast? And how was Rafe able to just up and leave Salem on a whim? I agree, Sami & Rafe have chemistry. And, again, Rafe isn't as annoying when he's away from Hope.

• Love 1

I am definitely just going to be fast forwarding this 'JJ shoots Theo' story. That will not be good lol.

I'll be damned but I'm kinda feeling Sami/Rafe. They really need to end Hope/Rafe. 

I did not expect Paul to come clean so quickly. In a way I like it, but honestly they probably should've milked that for a little bit longer at least. I actually like Paul more than I like Sonny and Will, so I continue to hope he doesn't get severely thrown under the bus for this story.

I can not take any of the scenes Abby is in seriously because of her stupid hair. It needs to be a new day asap so that can change.

• Love 3

that friggin thing on her head is truly , literally laughable! i can not even listen to what they are saying, that thing is so distracting.  really, no other co worker of hers had the guts to say, "you look totally ridiculous, tell hair and make up to quit f**king with you" i can't even express how stupid it looks. not having straight hair that doesn't hold a curl, i don't know how hard it must be, but my god, it looks like a mouse ran through her head and secured her hair with a rubber band, crazy ass style. 

Edited by msrachelj
  • Love 4
48 minutes ago, bobcat1946 said:

Hope and Rafe are not for everyone, but they seem to fit.  The perfect pair.

I'm giving Days another chance, but I adamantly refuse to watch any Rope episode. They're the reason I quit watching, and if they continue I'll probably quit watching again. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Maybe next we can have a story about an old, rich, powerful white producer pleasuring himself in front of a frightened young Claire only for us to discover the man's actually blind and wasn't aware Claire was in the room at all. That'll be topical right?

Too funny, but it could happen, LOL!  This is DAYS. 

Rafe totally destroyed my poor Sami all the years they forced her to be with this dull, overbearing, self-righteous character, she does not deserve to be subjected to him once again just because Rafe and Hope don't appeal..yet i am sure have fans.

Edited by pau
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, bobcat1946 said:

Hope knows how to handle Rafe.  Something Sami never learned and he walked all over her.

Sami always put Rafe on a pedestal..whereas he was far from perfect..she totally glorified/idealized him although he did not deserve it.

For Hope i don't know since i never watched how their relationship is written and come out onscreen..but i have doubts it could be worse than his one-sided relationship with Sami..

Edited by pau
  • Love 1

Paul seems to generally be a stand-up guy. If he loses Sonny, at least he will do so honestly. He doesn't know that the Will look-alike is actually Will. He didn't speak to him or approach him.  Yes, he could have milked it a little longer for some soapy goodness. He's shown more class than the Salem teens attending Salem U.

The birthday cake looked good.

So, who is behind the DiMera hacking? Kate, you got Theo shot. Granted JJ did not have to shoot him. And besides the bad crap that will probably be forthcoming for him, he would also have to deal with the Salem PD's Internal Affairs dept - here if a police officer uses his weapon, it is investigated.

Abby's Ratatouille hairstyle needs to go.

Claire, we all get sore feet.

Sami sure got back to Memphis quickly. It's like it's a 10 minute drive from Salem!

• Love 4
18 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I can't wait to tune in on Monday to see if Freddie Smith makes a compelling acting choice.

I felt like he didn't do a good job when seeing Will for the first time.  Missed opportunity.

• Love 2
On 11/10/2017 at 3:09 PM, Apprentice79 said:

Just because you like to sleep with Black  does not mean you actually like or respect Black.  A few years ago, a White officer tackled a 13 year old Black girl in the classroom. He had a Black fiancée, but, that did not factor at all in how he treated her in such a vicious manner.   Black women on plantations were raped by White men and love had nothing to do with it. Quite the opposite, actually.. I am not saying that JJ is racist.  This is supposed to be a story about implicit bias...I don't trust Ron with this type of issue at all.  

Not only don’t I trust Ron who has zero track record with doing anything positive for black characters, Days long has a history of being less that positive and forward thinking with black characters.

I would not be surprised if the look at racial bias draws the conclusion that JJ was just a good, white cop, and potentially dead Theo was responsible for what happened to him. This will then allow them to put JJ and Gabi back together and get Claire and Trip together, thus sidelinugnthen black characters while the show and Ron claim they are forging new ground as they give us the same song and dance we always get.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, Star Aristille said:

I still he's punched his ticket for Sonny to break up with him, though, by lying in the first place.  I wouldn't blame him one bit if he did.

I feel like it's the sort of thing that depends on whether you're really emotionally committed to the person or not. Paul only lied for one day and then came clean - and entirely on his own, not because someone got suspicious and asked him about it. He saw Will once, said nothing about it, went back the next day to look at Will again, and then told Sonny the truth. So in my mind it's not that huge. It can definitely be worked through if you're serious about your relationship. But it presents Sonny with a ready-made excuse to drop Paul if that's what he wants to do anyway, check out of the relationship guilt-free and blame it all on Paul. If Paul's the one he's leaning towards, he'll forgive Paul.

Personally I'd still take Paul's staying silent for 24 hours and then coming clean on his own over Will's two infidelities and the months he kept those secret (and he did not come clean on his own - Sonny basically figured it out), and I'm surprised the show didn't have Paul get caught in the lie instead so that the two men would be on a more level playing field. I know Sami having the exhumation done would have put Will's being alive out there, and then they would know to find him in Memphis with Susan, so it all was going to come out very quickly. But they still could have done something like have Paul pretend he didn't know about Will being alive until Sami arrived with the news of the empty coffin, and then have it turn out that Will did catch a glimpse of Paul when Paul was in the bar, so that when Will and Paul inevitably met Will could be like, "Hey, I've seen you before," thus outing Paul.

Edited by Black Knight
  • Love 4

That is where I originally thought that they were going to go.  Paul keeps Will a secret and then amnesiac Will sees Paul and lets it slip that they met before in some big dramatic reveal, giving Sonny his way out.  At this point it is too soon to tell because if the Will "look a like" is really Will that doesn't automatically mean he will want Sonny, especially if he is an amnesiac.  He may turn out to want Paul, or he may have his own boyfriend who comes with him in tow to Salem.

This is basically the Bo/Gina/Billie triangle from the 90's. (Please note I used "Gina" instead of Hope because that is who the triangle was really with.)  The twist with this is that all the participants are the same sex and all have a history with one another.  Who is to say amnesiac Will won't end up with Paul? 

• Love 3
On November 9, 2017 at 0:44 PM, buffynut said:

Sometimes it also bugs me that with Tripp replacing Joey, the new actor replaced the old one. I know Joey wasn't the greatest actor, but I still feel bad for him.

It almost feels like Tripp is a sort of Do-Over Joey, as if the show runners wish they had hired Lucas Adams in the first place, instead of James Lastovic, poor guy.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 5

I can't feel too sorry for him because we had to watch him on our screens for over a year. How he was a paid actor on TV for that long is beyond me. It was not a good performance, putting it mildly. He's lucky he got the experience. Another World used to sack the bad actors in a couple of weeks. 

Why did Eve keep saying "amu-Lette" like that?

Interesting she assumed Justin would represent her.

Now that I've seen Thursday's episode Sami exhuming the grave on Friday makes more sense.

22 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I can't feel too sorry for him because we had to watch him on our screens for over a year. How he was a paid actor on TV for that long is beyond me. It was not a good performance, putting it mildly. He's lucky he got the experience. Another World used to sack the bad actors in a couple of weeks. 

Have a heart, Disneyboy,lol... not everybody is going to be Robert Deniro.  James was not very good, but, he had a nice chemistry with MaryBeth and Stephen, as his parents. Plus, I don't think that the show has the budget, to have an acting coach on the set. I think that a lot of these young actors would benefit from that.  The actors don't really rehearse like they used to..They are basically left to their own devices and they don't do multiple takes anymore, in order to save money.   So, the end product leaves a lot to be desired.  Don't get me started on the horrible sets, clothing, e.t.c.  I don't  watch the Bold& the Beautiful, but, that show looks so damn good. They go on location on the regular,  the show even went to Dubai and many countries around the world, the sets are big and lush.. A soap is supposed to sell a fantasy and looking good is part of that.. Days looks like a junior high school play in comparison. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Sandman said:

It almost feels like Tripp is a sort of Do-Over Joey, as if the show runners wish they had hired Lucas Adams in the first place, instead of James Lastovic, poor guy.

James wasn't the strongest actor, but as much as the storyline dragged him down, I believed him in the situation they put him in, with his guilt about killing Ava.  I think Lucas Adams has totally dropped the ball with what the show had him do to Kayla, and how it relates to Tripp's so-called family.  The whole thing is a regrettable mess.

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

She's a Southern girl.

Is that pronunciation a Southern thing? I've never heard it before.

49 minutes ago, lska said:

I think Lucas Adams has totally dropped the ball with what the show had him do to Kayla, and how it relates to Tripp's so-called family. 

How so? I agree that the writing of the story is shoddy, but I'm not convinced it could have been redeemed in the performance. I also agree that, at least at times, Lastovic showed some believable anguish and guilt -- but a lot of the time he was so low-key as to be almost absent. I don't exactly feel sorry for him, or at least not very much, but it must sting to be essentially erased by the people who hired you. (I'd say the same thing about Guy Wilson and the re-shoots of the morgue scenes, but I found Wilson's  incompetence infuriating, in a way that I never found Latovic's er, lack of affect to be so. (Not sure where the alliteration is coming from.))

3 hours ago, Sandman said:

How so? I agree that the writing of the story is shoddy, but I'm not convinced it could have been redeemed in the performance. I also agree that, at least at times, Lastovic showed some believable anguish and guilt -- but a lot of the time he was so low-key as to be almost absent. I don't exactly feel sorry for him, or at least not very much, but it must sting to be essentially erased by the people who hired you. (I'd say the same thing about Guy Wilson and the re-shoots of the morgue scenes, but I found Wilson's  incompetence infuriating, in a way that I never found Latovic's er, lack of affect to be so. (Not sure where the alliteration is coming from.))

I am in the minority, but, I liked Guy Wilson. It is not his fault, they made Will a jerk and a serial cheater. Guy hated the character assassination as well. The behind the scenes drama with Chandler's firing really riled some fans against Guy's Will from the beginning. He never really had a chance to win them over. I also remember fans trashing Chandler during his tenure on the show.  So, I imagine the character of Will is just revolting for some, no matter who is playing him.  I remember a fan saying that Will looked like a pedophile holding Arianna. It was the only time, that I was ever offended on a message board.  I never went on that board ever again. The hate against Will and Guy was something out of this world. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Sandman said:

I'm Southern. I don't say it that way...

Re: Abbie's hairdo. A lot of people were complaining about her flat stringy hair so I guess that was a misguided effort to give it some lift. :D

I got behind again but I had a three day weekend so I am caught up now.  I have had some thoughts while watching the show this week.

1) Brady was an idiot for setting up Eve without checking to see if she had an alibi and now that he played the amulet card, will the cops think Brady is the killer or will that just get skipped over?

2) Why on earth does the alcohol continue to be out in the open and on display at the Kiriakis mansion when Maggie is an alcoholic and Brady who is another alcoholic is off the wagon?  Talk about enabling. 

3) Was Rafe really being a smart detective or was Rafe lying about it trying to one up Eli since Eli was the one  who pointed out they didn't have a warrant?

4) Why wasn't Eli at Lani's party?  He is Val's son and Val is dating Abe.  Eli and Lani also are now working together and know each other.

5) Chabby are not only boring but Abby is a giant hypocrite.  She is best friends with Andre and is his biggest defender yet he has killed more people and is far more evil than Ben ever was.  How can she condemn Ben who has been diagnosed as mentally ill /insane for his crimes but is best friends with Andre and defends him to everyone and Andre is a cold blooded killer.  Andre as far as we know and he has even said he was even given a clean mental bill of health is not mentally ill and in his right mind has killed people in cold blood. 

6) Why didn't Sami tell Lucas about the empty casket in Will's grave first before she went off to Memphis to tell Sonny.  Lucas may be a drunk but he is Will's father and should be told first before Sonny.

7) Poor Theo.  It was cute how confused he was by Claire getting mad at him for buying followers and then mad at him when he tried to fix it by getting the followers to unfollow her.  And then when he got shot-just poor guy.  I think his autism played a part in why he ran and why he didn't drop the scan gun.  JJ said to drop his gun or his weapon and Theo didn't have a gun so it was confusing to him plus he has froze before under extreme stress.  He did have his hands up as he turned around but he still had the scan gun so JJ shot him thinking he had a gun.

8) JJ pulling a gun on a handcuffed Ben is probably going to come back and bite him in the butt now because if this shooting is investigated and that comes up, it may look like JJ is hot headed and possibly trigger happy.  Hope might even get in trouble and her new job as commissioner might be in jeopardy since she initially suspended JJ for pulling the gun on Ben and then put him back on the job a day later.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

So, I imagine the character of Will is just revolting for some, no matter who is playing him.

I thought Wilson's portrayal lacked an emotional core. A lot of the time, it felt as if he were just reciting lines. I didn't feel like they had much meaning. Maybe "infuriating" is too strong. The character assassination didn't help (and I'm sure it wasn't helpful from an actor's point of view), but I just never found Wilson very convincing. I'm sure he's not a bad person. I can't imagine people spewing hatred against him. (I mean, obviously the internet is full of that sort of nonsense, but, life's too short. Frustration is one thing, but venom just seems misplaced and sad.)

18 minutes ago, jaylee-03031 said:

1) Brady was an idiot for setting up Eve without checking to see if she had an alibi and now that he played the amulet card, will the cops think Brady is the killer or will that just get skipped over?

Brady is an idiot, full stop. No reasons need to be specified.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 3

I also wondered where Eli was for the party, but he and Lani semi-dated and he was investigating the Eve stuff, right? Not a huge omission. I could see them not wanting to bring Eli in now that she's serious with JJ.

I'm not heartless, I don't think. I just can't look past the Joey we got. Claire isn't a great character yet. The actress has potential and could be great with some stronger direction, but she brings energy to her role and isn't dead weight. However much JS looked good in photos with MB and Stephen, he was almost morbid on-screen. He got a great scene partner in Jade 1.0, but still didn't improve. He felt, honestly, like a bored kid in a High School play. The show may not have money for fancy sets or location shoots anymore, but they can at least make sure the actors have a leg to stand on. Ciara 2.0 was better than he was, and she is regularly trashed as being subpar.

I wish him well but again this isn't High School where you get approval for simply showing up. Other actors who auditioned didn't get the part of Joey. He not only got the part but played him for two years and got paid for it. He has a solid credit on his resume. No sympathy from me, LOL.

13 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I am in the minority, but, I liked Guy Wilson. 

I didn't see much of him, just some clips my sister showed me or that I saw walking into the room while she was watching, but I liked him, too. He had the kind of 'really terrible but super earnest' vibe that I'm usually drawn to in actors.

• Love 3

After today's episode, I realize that I truly dislike Abe and his two wretched children.  Abe's acting like Lani's some precious jewel that JJ is in no way worthy of is obnoxious as hell, especially considering how this "epic" romance began as a drunken one night stand.  And Theo's getting shot will up the ante of "Theo's so wonderful and sweet" and will draw out the lame as hell Theo/Clarie "romance."  DAMN!!

I continue to be enchanted by Tripp and Clarie and think they are "captivating" together and I appreciate Ron's giving them a slow burn storyline.  I do think it was interesting that when Steve was telling Tripp about his losing his eye and that it happened during a fight with Bo, neither man mentioned that Bo's Claire's grandfather.

The actor playing Will sold his genuine confusion at being approached and then accosted by both Sonny and Sami-- seriously Sonny, did you really thinking kissing Will would bring back his memories?  At least now the show can do real flashbacks to Sonny and Will's beginning and Will's relationship with his parents.

All in all, pretty good epi for sweeps :):)

• Love 3

Susan had me laughing so hard today. Eileen is truly enjoying herself. I am reminded on how Susan turned the tables on Kristen, locked her in the secret room with Marlena and planned her Elvis themed wedding to John. Good times!  

I could have done without Will calling his mother a lying, cheating, whore. I know that he has amnesia, but, still.. I don't think that this is Susan, it has to be Kristen.  

"Whoa, what the hell is wrong with you?" is what Will said to Sonny, the first time that Sonny kissed him. I am so happy that Will is alive, as he should be. 

• Love 4

This show (writers) love to insult women..well the female characters they consider 'bad girls'..it is getting old..even more given the current context..UGH.

Edited by pau
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I could have done without Will calling his mother a lying, cheating, whore. I know that he has amnesia, but, still.

Didn't he do that when he was alive?  He even put her on blast in print!

I get why Sami is getting a lot of focus here, but I kinda wish they'd given a whole episode over to the Will/Sonny part before she came barreling in.  I mean, this is a classic soap trope being played out with gay characters and that's very cool, but they blew by it a little quick IMO.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Doesn't mean it is great..this misogynist bs always made me dislike/despise the Will's character..moreover he is so hypocritical about it..

Edited by pau
1 minute ago, TeeVee329 said:

I get why Sami is getting a lot of focus here, but I kinda wish they'd given a whole episode over to the Will/Sonny part before she came barreling in. 

Will did do that, but, the circumstances were different.  He has amnesia and he is calling somebody he just met, horrific names like that.  

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, pau said:

Doesn't mean it is great..this misogynist bs always made me dislike/despise the Will's character..moreover he is so hypocritical about it..

I didn't say it was great, and I think it's obvious why he's saying it now.  I was just noting he's done so sans amnesia/brainwashing before.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I didn't say it was great, and I think it's obvious why he's saying it now.  I was just noting he's done so sans amnesia/brainwashing before.

Susan obviously put it in his head that Sami is a bad person and he reacted the way that he did...

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, pau said:

Will has a complicated relationship with his mother.  Even though, he may blast Sami, but, he will defend her. It is too bad that during Guy's tenure, they made Will so hateful and write that stupid article.  Will would never do that to his younger siblings by humiliating his mother like that.  The show turning Sami into a cheater just so that Will can argue with her was such a cheap way to create drama. There was a plethora of issues from Will's childhood that the show could have used to generate that..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Hey, it's not unheard of in soaps!

It happened with awful Rex and Gigi on OLTL, barf.  After they realized that Gigi wasn't actually her evil sister Stacy who had had plastic surgery to look like Gigi after watching a magic TV. #dontask

• Love 3