Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I knew John wouldn't be able to hear Marlena.

Bonnie's pretty good at crying on queue.

That bartender will discover that it's his problem if Lucas gets into a car and drives off and kills somebody, and the victim's family sues the bartender for overserving.  That's settled case law.

"Did you ever think of your son at all when you were bangin' back the booze?"  Good point, Victor.

They have a maid at the Martin House?

"It must have been that peanut."

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Bonnie's pretty good at crying on queue.

You mean "cue," right?  "Queue" refers to a line.

Okay.  So . . . I know he was just doing his job, albeit under false pretenses, but after seeing how he acted toward Marlena today, I wanna see Evil Orderly go down when all this is said and done.  I get the feeling that he's going to be tormenting her for a while to come.

• Love 2

I watched most of today's episode.  I think this was the first time since the Friday of the car accident. So, 2 weeks ago?  

Anyway, felt a different vibe to the show.  For one, it wasn't boring. I actually didn't feel like turning it off during the commercials.  The lighting was way better. And there was humour.  I can't remember the last time I found the show intentionally funny.   

• Love 3

Oh, my goodness, is it really too much to hope for that even one of these nerdlingers has heard of the concept of circumstantial evidence?? C'mon, Sonny! Your dad is the only lawyer left in town. Tell me you've listened to something he's said all these years...

And of course the cell phone can't get a clear signal through to Jawn from Salem's version of Shutter Island.

• Love 1

Eric, you didn't find it odd that your normally conservative mom was whooping it up in 'Adrienne's' hotel room?

It was convenient that the mental hospital had bad cellphone connection. But John should be able to piece together Doc's odd behaviour and her newfound love of cheesepuffs.

Club TBD bartender, I agree with Silver Raven. You and the bar can be held liable for overserving Lucas. And why is any of this Chloe's business? It really is unlikely that Eric and Nicole are having any sort of affair. Brady, start acting like a man instead of a toddler. You don't own Nicole or anyone else.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Sandman said:

Oh, my goodness, is it really too much to hope for that even one of these nerdlingers has heard of the concept of circumstantial evidence?? C'mon, Sonny! Your dad is the only lawyer left in town. Tell me you've listened to something he's said all these years...

And of course the cell phone can't get a clear signal through to Jawn from Salem's version of Shutter Island.

Well, she was in a padded room.

• Love 4

I think if I saw some one I once cared about drinking again after being sober so long I would get involved.  Although I don't know much about the Chloe character.  

Does Brady really believe that Eric is the killer?   Or  does he just want him out of the way? 

5 minutes ago, tribeca said:

I think if I saw some one I once cared about drinking again after being sober so long I would get involved.  Although I don't know much about the Chloe character.  

Does Brady really believe that Eric is the killer?   Or  does he just want him out of the way? 

I think he is being irrational and his jealousy of Eric is so contrived.  He wants him out of the way.  I hope this story brings Brady and Chloe  back together.  Once this happens, Philip comes back to town and he feels drawn to Chloe. 

• Love 3

Saw a little bit of today's show and man, but Lani bugs.  She's trying to come off all tough to Eli as she recounts her conversation with Raines, but I watched the episode and when Raines threatened to fire Lani, she started backtracking and acting like she didn't just issue her own threat regarding her dad the mayor--so she actually folded like a little bitch and what part of "confidential FBI investigation" does the Salem PD not get?  Eli can't talk about it--enough said.

I really can't stand Theo but I like his friendship with Claire and I like how she's now the go to girl for heartfelt talks and confessions--she's got Theo, Joey and Tripp confiding in her--damn funny.

I can appreciate Steve's worry about his sons but they are both adults and they have to face the consequences of their actions--but this is a soap, so it probably won't happen :)

• Love 4

One of the hardest things for any actor to do convincingly is play drunk or high. For the last few weeks, we've been treated to seeing almost the entire cast try it... and it hasn't exactly been fun. I think Judi Evans probably has done the best job, and Bryan was also pretty good in his scenes at the bar. But the rest?

Marlena, Brady, Chad, Sonny, Lani, Gabi, Abigail = bad at drunk scenes. And we seen Brady drunk before, so I don't know what his excuse is.

I really hope these storylines get wrapped up in the next two weeks because I don't care who killed Deimos, I don't care about Anjelica and her stupid plan, I just want to forget the mess with Tripp and Ava and we can add Dario to that list as well.

When Chloe was offered a job at TBD, was it a singing gig?

• Love 1

The actor who plays Chloe is very pretty but a terrible actor JMHO. 

I wasn't watching when Andre was the villain.  Since he came back he has been mostly camp.  Today with Kate was the first time I found him scary. 

I could not stop thinking about his tiger shirt.  Only because I believe it's been posted that was the way his twin died.  

The show was really hitting as over the head that Abe is Darios partner. Which means he isn't right?

still have no clue who killed Demos.  

• Love 5

Did I miss something?  Why is Rafe not in Mexico?  Why did we have the Hope angst over his leaving?

How does Abe know Theo broke the law?

The Kayla and Tripp scenes were great.  They lucked out when they found Lucas Adams.  And the scenes with Kate and Andre were golden.

I am very confused about the lines of command in Salem.  How does the mayor have the power to fire anyone in the police department?

What the heck is Andre wearing?

They really do dress Kayla in the ugliest clothes.

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Did I miss something?  Why is Rafe not in Mexico?  Why did we have the Hope angst over his leaving?

We had angst for only about 5 minutes, immediately when he said he was leaving.  She told Eli that she'd stop him; apparently she was successful.  I don't mind that stuff happens off camera, especially something as stupid as Hope stopping Rafe from getting on a plane.

• Love 2

I can't remember the last time I found the show intentionally funny.

Lucas was hysterical, especially when he fell.  Hattie was also very funny going back and forth talking like Hattie catching herself then doing the Marlena thing. 

I wasn't watching when Andre was the villain.  Since he came back he has been mostly camp.  Today with Kate was the first time I found him scary. 

He was very chilling today.  Up until now I hadn't seen it. 

I am very confused about the lines of command in Salem.  How does the mayor have the power to fire anyone in the police department?

I've been told that the mayor usually appoints the chief of police therefore he can fire them. 

• Love 1

Roman was the only one talking sense today.

I thought the Tripp/Kayla scenes were really bad.  Did we Kayla really need an "explanation" of what Tripp's thoughts were when he tried to kill her?  I don't understand why she wasn't allowed to be angry with him, and finally speak her truth about Ava to him.  Just seeing him in the same room with her reminded me of how she had to be around Jack after the rape.  So gross.

Nice to see Theo start to come into his own a little, but the rest of the scenes weren't very memorable.

• Love 1

I would have liked to see Kayla express more anger; she had every right to. But I was glad to see Tripp own up to what he did, without making excuses or asking anything of Kayla, other than to be allowed to speak to her.

Still don't care about André, and making Kate look unprepared isn't the way to get me to start.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 3

Joey has to live with his actions for the rest of his life. Tripp will probably go on to become a doctor. And Kayla has a right to be angry for a while.

Didn't care for Andre's tiger shirt. It reminded me of the 80s.

Abe has wads of cash in his pocket? He can buy Valerie an expensive necklace? A little too obvious for him being Dario's partner.

Lani, Raines, Eli. Enough.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Sandman said:

I would have liked to see Kayla express more anger; she had every right to. But I was glad to see Tripp own up to what he did, without making excuses or asking anything of Kayla, other than to be allowed to speak to her.

I agree.  Very much unlike @lska, I liked the Kayla/Tripp scenes, because Tripp did indeed own up, and Kayla was allowed to express her anger toward him, even though I admit that she did indeed deserve to express more than she actually did (but she probably didn't want to make a scene in the middle of the hospital).  And from what I can see, everyone's fears that Ron would make her cave and forgive him immediately were wrong.  She's being allowed to stay angry for now, and I think she will for a while.

I get the feeling that Joey is going to confess, anyway, in spite of Tripp not intending to tell anyone about him being Ava's true killer.

I agree that Abe having all of that money makes it way too obvious.  He isn't Dario's partner.

1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Lani, Raines, Eli. Enough.

Not for me.  I am glad to see some black characters getting some kind of storyline.  So I say keep it coming.

• Love 2

Not for me.  I am glad to see some black characters getting some kind of storyline.  So I say keep it coming.

I agree with you...but Lani is terrible. It's been two years of please stop trying and just recast her! And then find her an actual personality. And yet here we are.

I don't hate Eli yet - probably because he was throwing dirty looks to everybody as they goofed off during the drugged-up Martin House scenes - but the storyline with his mother seems to have wrapped up and he has nothing else going for him.

Raines is really cliche and one-note. That could work if they only had him pop in from time to time to be the hardass. It could even be kind of a running joke. But I think they want to use him as a character so on that level he fails.

I really like Theo, though, and Valerie has grown on me, even though she doesn't have any good storylines right now.

In terms of keeping the cast diverse, the show has pretty good representation right now and has had that much for the last year or so, with the Hernandii and Paul and Sonny and the bellboy (whatzizname) and these AA characters. I just wish they were written better.

I agree that Abe having all of that money makes it way too obvious.  He isn't Dario's partner.

I hope not. I honestly have no idea who it could be. Anjelica? Andre?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Star Aristille said:

I agree.  Very much unlike @lska, I liked the Kayla/Tripp scenes, because Tripp did indeed own up, and Kayla was allowed to express her anger toward him, even though I admit that she did indeed deserve to express more than she actually did (but she probably didn't want to make a scene in the middle of the hospital).  And from what I can see, everyone's fears that Ron would make her cave and forgive him immediately were wrong.  She's being allowed to stay angry for now, and I think she will for a while.

Oh, she totally caved.  She went from saying that he should go to jail, to saying she didn't want to ruin his life and wouldn't do that to him because he was Steve's son (which is bullshit).  And she may have still been a little angry and not wanted to talk to him, but she didn't get to express at all how it felt to have a fucking knife to her throat, or her betrayal at accepting him in the family only to have him scheming behind her back for months to destroy her life.  And he still is going on and on about Ava, when Kayla still hasn't even once been allowed to tell him to shove it about his obsession with that psychopath.

I wanted some payoff for all the months of Steve and Kayla going on about how amazing Tripp was, while he plotted against them, but there was none. This just seemed like Tripp propping.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, lska said:

Oh, she totally caved.  She went from saying that he should go to jail, to saying she didn't want to ruin his life and wouldn't do that to him because he was Steve's son (which is bullshit).  And she may have still been a little angry and not wanted to talk to him, but she didn't get to express at all how it felt to have a fucking knife to her throat, or her betrayal at accepting him in the family only to have him scheming behind her back for months to destroy her life.  And he still is going on and on about Ava, when Kayla still hasn't even once been allowed to tell him to shove it about his obsession with that psychopath.

I wanted some payoff for all the months of Steve and Kayla going on about how amazing Tripp was, while he plotted against them, but there was none. This just seemed like Tripp propping.

Oh, it was TOTAL Tripp propping. I'm not entirely against the character (I'm only human and Lucas is both hot and does actually show some acting spark) but come on. We're so clearly supposed to feel sorry for Tripp with his puppy dog eye apology, plus Kayla has conveniently promised not to press charges against him. If I didn't like the character I'd be pretty annoyed, but hell, I like him and I don't have much use for this iteration of Joey, so...

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, lska said:

8 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

Oh, it was TOTAL Tripp propping. I'm not entirely against the character (I'm only human and Lucas is both hot and does actually show some acting spark) but come on. We're so clearly supposed to feel sorry for Tripp with his puppy dog eye apology, plus Kayla has conveniently promised not to press charges against him. If I didn't like the character I'd be pretty annoyed, but hell, I like him and I don't have much use for this iteration of Joey, so...

Nope.  We can agree to disagree, but I didn't see that as propping AT ALL.  Propping would've meant fully gushing all of him in spite of all of this.  She did nothing of the sort.  Nothing.  Of.  The.  Sort.  She was clearly still pissed at him, and wasn't budging on that.  Nor will she be for the time being.  Did she accept his apology?  Yes.  But did she fully forgive him?  Not that I could see.  So . . . nope.  Don't see where either of you were going with that.  Not a bit.  Sorry.

33 minutes ago, Star Aristille said:

Nope.  We can agree to disagree, but I didn't see that as propping AT ALL.  Propping would've meant fully gushing all of him in spite of all of this.  She did nothing of the sort.  Nothing.  Of.  The.  Sort.  She was clearly still pissed at him, and wasn't budging on that.  Nor will she be for the time being.  Did she accept his apology?  Yes.  But did she fully forgive him?  Not that I could see.  So . . . nope.  Don't see where either of you were going with that.  Not a bit.  Sorry.

Easy there!

I guess people use propping in different ways.  They didn't put her back on her "Tripp is amazing" bullshit, but that's a pretty low bar for me.  If they didn't want to make it seem like propping, they should have had someone else show some anger to Tripp for what he did to Kayla first, and they should have properly motivated his apology by having him show some guilt and remorse since the last time he saw her.  Instead it just felt like a fast track to moving past the inconvenient consequences of having Tripp hold a fucking knife to her throat for drama, and onto the color-by-numbers "redemption" part of the story.

I think I expected more from Ron after he bothered to give Kayla a POV last week.  Always a mistake.

I'm only human and Lucas is both hot and does actually show some acting spark)

Sometimes he has decent screen presence, but acting for me was part of the fail.  Not like it's an easy task, but I don't think Lucas has done much to connect up his motivation day to day.  Last week he wanted to kill her, this week he wants to apologize, but his delivery was too similar, and his physicality was creepy.  I know what I'm supposed to feel, but that's because the story is telegraphing it more than the performance showing it.  He just leaves me confused.  (Maybe reach-for-the-pepper-spray confused.)

Edited by lska

I watched most of the show again yesterday. So that's 2 days in a row! 

I can't imagine them making Abe Dario's partner, but I really enjoyed the way it was revealed, with comments leading to scenes going to Abe, and then finally the scene of him and the wad of money. I can't remember those type of transitional scenes from any of the writers in the last 3 years since I started watching regularly-ish again. If that's Ron's style, I think I could enjoy it. Even if I wasn't enjoying the particular story-line.

On 8/13/2017 at 1:32 AM, SanLynn said:

Sorry...can't get this to clear out and it's annoying.

On 8/11/2017 at 10:55 AM, FnkyChkn34 said:

On 8/11/2017 at 6:28 PM, JAYJAY1979 said:

On 8/13/2017 at 1:32 AM, SanLynn said:

On 8/11/2017 at 10:55 AM, FnkyChkn34 said:

Sorry

On 8/11/2017 at 6:28 PM, JAYJAY1979 said:

Sorry

So, it's implied that Dario's accomplice is Abe? ABE? Abe who just got crappy with his son b/c he was working for DiMera? Okay. Plot twist, I guess.

Edited by swtrgrl
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Star Aristille said:

I get the feeling that Joey is going to confess, anyway, in spite of Tripp not intending to tell anyone about him being Ava's true killer.

I am sure he will at least try to stick with the plan of confessing, anyway. I'm sure his parents will still try to prevent it. At one point I thought Tripp and Joey would march down to the police station together, with their matched set of confessions. Because that's what brothers ... do? (I think that's the lesson the show is going for here.)

5 hours ago, lska said:

Not like it's an easy task, but I don't think Lucas has done much to connect up his motivation day to day.  Last week he wanted to kill her, this week he wants to apologize, but his delivery was too similar, and his physicality was creepy.  I know what I'm supposed to feel, but that's because the story is telegraphing it more than the performance showing it.  He just leaves me confused.  (Maybe reach-for-the-pepper-spray confused.)

I'm not sure I can blame the actor for the character's improbably shifting motivations. I didn't get an impression of creepiness or insincerity from his admissions to Kayla, for whatever it's worth. I think the writing is a mess, and the writers want to have Tripp as a creepy stalker AND someone who wants, on some level, to be part of the Johnson family, but the writers of this show, in whatever combination, haven't been able to convey characters' conflicting motivations or unresolved feelings literally for years now. There's no functional difference in the writing between internal conflict and plot-driven inconsistency. Sometimes a performer is able to make something more like a whole out of the inconsistencies, and sometimes not. For me, the greatest part of the fault lies with the writing. 

I think Abe's probably got some AmWay or Mary Kay franchise or something on the side.

Edited by Sandman
What? It's not like being mayor keeps him BUSY.
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, swtrgrl said:

So, it's implied that Dario's accomplice is Abe? ABE? Abe who just got crappy with his son b/c he was working for DiMera? Okay. Plot twist, I guess.

Get used to it....It's Ron's MO.  On GH, every plot twist, no matter who or what, was Helena's fault...didn't matter if it made sense or not....it was Helena, because!  OMG. maybe she is not dead and is in Salem and she is Dario's partner....or it's Nicolas...Tyler is coming to Salem! lol

• Love 6

My heart broke for Kayla today and the actor who plays Joey is terrible.  Mary Beth was sublime in her scenes outside of the pub and the actor was just there.  It reminded of the time when Sami confronted Abigail over EJ and Kate Mansi had no reaction at all.  Melissa Reeves had to step in to save the scene.

I still cant stand Tripp.  Steve is a disappointment. I am being unfair, but, it really pisses me off that Ava's spawn gets to have Joey's family, while he will be in prison. 

Raines set up Abe. Seeing Rafe and Hope arresting him made me barf. Rope are a pair of criminals. Hope is dead to me. Rafe has destroyed her. It reminds me of the nightmare that was Dannifer.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 8

To me...i don't think patch and Kayla should stay together...too much has happened to make them staying together realistic.  Super couples are from the 80s and they really don't work in this day and age.  If they are meant to be together then write them realistically with both of them trying to evolve and change for the better.  Same thing with Justin/Adrienne...and I also felt that way about Bo/Hope.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Sandman said:

I'm not sure I can blame the actor for the character's improbably shifting motivations. I didn't get an impression of creepiness or insincerity from his admissions to Kayla, for whatever it's worth. I think the writing is a mess, and the writers want to have Tripp as a creepy stalker AND someone who wants, on some level, to be part of the Johnson family, but the writers of this show, in whatever combination, haven't been able to convey characters' conflicting motivations or unresolved feelings literally for years now. There's no functional difference in the writing between internal conflict and plot-driven inconsistency. Sometimes a performer is able to make something more like a whole out of the inconsistencies, and sometimes not. For me, the greatest part of the fault lies with the writing.

Oh, I agree, the writing is really shitty.  Today sounds even worse.  But I look at even James Lastovic finding a motivation and a throughline in this mess, and then I look at all of the backstory and scene partners and background that the show have invested into Tripp, and I think Lucas Adams has to factor in as part of the problem.  I do think he's overrated in general, though.

Edited by lska
32 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

To me...i don't think patch and Kayla should stay together...too much has happened to make them staying together realistic.  Super couples are from the 80s and they really don't work in this day and age.  If they are meant to be together then write them realistically with both of them trying to evolve and change for the better.  Same thing with Justin/Adrienne...and I also felt that way about Bo/Hope.

I know what you mean, but, I think a lot of people, me included, still hold on to the supercouples, due to nostalgia and what they represent, that love conquers all.. Realistically, none of the supercouples would stay together. They have been victims of horrible writing by writers who did not understand them, yes, I am looking at you James E. Reilly, the  hatchet job that he did on Bo and Hope was unconscionable. It was done with precision and malice. Bo and Hope were never really the same,  after Hope, came back from the dead.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

Kayla's breaking my heart today. Joey has some special needs, I'm convinced. He makes horrible decisions and seems to have the rationale of a young child. Jail is going to mess him up bad and Kayla needs to ship him off to Europe to get diagnosed and treated. Call Shane!

Raines is the baddie, clearly.

I never thought this show would put Claire in a bikini. O__o  They can't be unaware that this girl is struggling with her weight, right?

Kudos to Kyler and the writers for finally giving us a moment where Theo actually seems to have the hots for her though...

• Love 4

See, I can admit to being shallow--I like Tripp because the kid's a good actor and I think he's cute.  There, I said it :):)  This is what the show has reduced me to :):)

Seriously, I think Tripp can be redeemed because I'm seeing genuine remorse and a need to make amends--he's not just talking about accountability like KM's Abby did after the EJ affair, he's staying in town and facing up to what he did.  This goes a long way in making him a rootable character.

I'm also sick to death of Lani--she's treating Eli like he's on a vendetta against her dad when the man is simply following the clues.  Now maybe Abe was set up, but that also takes time to investigate.  If she's going to act this affronted when Eli is doing his job as an FBI agent, then she can take a leap.  

Theo continues to make me uncomfortable in his reactions to Claire--she deserves better then having him stringing her along. He wanted to just be friends, now he has to live with his choice.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, lska said:

I look at even James Lastovic finding a motivation and a throughline in this mess ...

I think I see what you mean, but I go back and forth on Lastovic, myself; sometimes I think he's trying his best to find something in what he's given to hang Joey's indecision and lack of affect on, and sometimes I think he's doing his best to stay awake. (Soaps are notoriously doing things in one take these days, but is there even such a thing as giving actors direction right now? Other than getting them to hit their marks, I mean. We shouldn't be having to trade guesses on whether Joey is catatonic, depressed, or baked out of his lank-haired gourd.)

• Love 2

Valerie, you need to keep your mouth shut.  Did Rafe and Hope even know that Theo was involved?

How are Steve and Kayla ever going to get back from this?

I keep wishing they would bring Brandon back so he and Lani can get to know each other as siblings.

Gotta make up your mind Theo.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Seeing Rafe and Hope arresting him made me barf. Rope are a pair of criminals. Hope is dead to me. Rafe has destroyed her. It reminds me of the nightmare that was Dannifer.

I missed Dannifer, but I think I now understand the hate towards Jennifer, as I now feel that way about Hope. 

I've always liked Abe so hoping he isn't a bad guy.   LOL at the people recording his arrested.  Don't think that was suppose to be funny but it made me laugh. 

Valerie has such a loving kind tone to her voice.   She really was stupid asking Hope not to arrest Theo.   Good thing joey didn't confess to her first.  That story line would have been over in a minute.  

Speaking of Joey I still think he thinks he is worthless.  Lots of people his age get high not to feel stuff (that's what I've been told) so he could be depressed and high. 

Eli and Lani are so getting together.  Abe's arrested is the first obstacle.  JMHO I have been enjoying all the characters lately.  That could change ?

Edited by tribeca

IMO, Gabi ruined Rafe, so she started it all. Hope has historically been one of my favorite characters but I can understand people's complaints. I just don't blame Rafe though either.  Gabi started the spiral...

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

IMO, Gabi ruined Rafe, so she started it all. Hope has historically been one of my favorite characters but I can understand people's complaints. I just don't blame Rafe though either.  Gabi started the spiral...

It started with Sami. He did everything possible to cover up the fact that she shot EJ including threatening his other sister Arianna before she died and marrying Sami so he wouldn't be force to testify against him.

Rafe would break the rules if it was to protect someone he cares about. It would be another two years before he tried to protect Gabi for what she did to Melanie.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

My heart broke for Kayla today and the actor who plays Joey is terrible.  Mary Beth was sublime in her scenes outside of the pub and the actor was just there.  It reminded of the time when Sami confronted Abigail over EJ and Kate Mansi had no reaction at all.  Melissa Reeves had to step in to save the scene.

I still cant stand Tripp.  Steve is a disappointment. I am being unfair, but, it really pisses me off that Ava's spawn gets to have Joey's family, while he will be in prison. 

Raines set up Abe. Seeing Rafe and Hope arresting him made me barf. Rope are a pair of criminals. Hope is dead to me. Rafe has destroyed her. It reminds me of the nightmare that was Dannifer.

See, soaps are set up in such a way that I can see it turning out that Tripp actually IS Steve and Kayla's son. What if someone had secretly harvested Kayla's eggs from her body, then Ava used Steve's sperm to fertilize the egg and then had the resulting embryo implanted inside her, with Ava's motivation being that she discovered she was had no more eggs left and she was obsessed with having Steve's child. Or what if Kayla had been in early pregnancy, and Ava transplated the fetus inside of her? Hell, they could retcon that Kayla donated eggs when she was in medical school to help pay it off. Would it make sense? No, but it would all be possible at least within the landscape of a soap.

Erica Kane's unabortion as well as the wonders of IVF in real life really does open up a lot of possibilities, especially given that even with SORASing Tripp would have been born in 1996, which is well within the ranges of IVF technology.

See, I can admit to being shallow--I like Tripp because the kid's a good actor and I think he's cute.  There, I said it :):)  This is what the show has reduced me to :):)

Seriously, I think Tripp can be redeemed because I'm seeing genuine remorse and a need to make amends--he's not just talking about accountability like KM's Abby did after the EJ affair, he's staying in town and facing up to what he did.  This goes a long way in making him a rootable character.

That's basically where I am with him. He also seems like a sweet guy on his Instagram account.

• Love 6

It would make sense that Tripp could be Kayla's biological son. Would explain his desire to be a doctor.

Joey, do you really think you would do well in jail? You're better off at some agricultural area, doing some hard work. Tripp maybe can be redeemed a bit. Of course, one does not simply take in a kid - maybe there needs to be some family counselling for all - Steve, Kayla, and Tripp - on the best way to move forward.

In this day of a 'cashless' society, am surprised that someone like Abe would carry so much cash on his person. I'll have $10-40 on me - the rest is debit or credit (if I have to). I'd be very self-conscious of carrying large sums of cash. Still too convenient that Abe is the suspect for the counterfeiting.

Did like Valerie throwing the earrings and necklace on the ground. Eli, you may have some 'circumstantial' evidence, but Abe, really? Kinda nice for the show to use social media to document Abe's arrest. I remember back in the day when no one had a TV or anything.

Lani, it is Eli's job to investigate the case - your biological father, whom you spend little time with, is a suspect. If he is innocent, he will be cleared.

Theo, you must be missing Ciara or you need a better girlfriend than Claire and not to string her along til another girl catches her eye. Maybe one of you needs to move out of the shared apartment.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

She is?

Girl looks like she's skin and bones. I can't be the only one whose eyes got wide when she came out in the bathing suit....

Not trying to shame her of course, but I sense an eating disorder.... she wasn't this thin when she came on the series...

• Love 5
3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Girl looks like she's skin and bones. I can't be the only one whose eyes got wide when she came out in the bathing suit....

Not trying to shame her of course, but I sense an eating disorder.... she wasn't this thin when she came on the series...

I see it too. And the fact that (supposedly) the camera adds a minimum of 10 lbs, she must be even thinner in person. Eating disorder definitely a possibility.

• Love 3
On 8/15/2017 at 9:29 PM, A.J. said:

Lucas was hysterical, especially when he fell.  Hattie was also very funny going back and forth talking like Hattie catching herself then doing the Marlena thing. 

He was very chilling today.  Up until now I hadn't seen it. 

I've been told that the mayor usually appoints the chief of police therefore he can fire them. 

not in civil service. mayor doesn't have all that much say.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, nilyank said:

It started with Sami. He did everything possible to cover up the fact that she shot EJ including threatening his other sister Arianna before she died and marrying Sami so he wouldn't be force to testify against him.

Rafe would break the rules if it was to protect someone he cares about. It would be another two years before he tried to protect Gabi for what she did to Melanie.

That is definitely his weakness.  But IMO, that's not honestly a bad thing.  So many soap characters do so much worse, and get away with it and are still beloved.

• Love 1