Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Hey, Xander, no calling Nicole names! He's on the verge of losing it, isn't he?

The interactions between Xander and Nicole were really weird.

It was pretty cold of Eli to just stand up and walk out like that.

• Love 1

Weird how? I think the actors are doing really good job of showing Nicole trying to smooth talk her way into Xander's good graces and also Xander still being somewhat smitten backslash annoyed with Nicole. I don't remember how far their almost romance went before Xander went crazy and tried to hurt her - that was almost 2 years ago wasn't it - but I think they found a pretty good balance today. If Xander was acting like say Orpheus and being all sinister and cold towards her, I would have found that boring and a disappointment. He was always a more charismatic character than that and given that he really is just sitting there waiting for Deimos to show up, it makes complete sense to me that he's playing cards with Nicole and offering her drinks. I don't think he expects to get her in the sack but he probably enjoys toying with the fact that she had some attraction to him initially.

I'm just thrilled that Nicole seems to have located her brain and started thinking strategically, even though it didn't exactly work. Her opening the door to play cutesy with the guard was pathetic, but her trying to appeal to Xander was a wise move... if overplayed. I thought she had leaned long ago how to do a slow con...

Sonny continues to leave me really unimpressed. But then I'm totally lost about Maggie as well. Is she really so stupid that she thinks that Deimos is doing anything good right now? And I really had to stick my fingers in my ears and say la la la when someone started talking about how Victor only sees the good in Deimos now. In my personal headcanon, Victor just decided to step aside and give Deimos what he wanted and see how quickly it all burned to the ground. If this show really wants me to believe Victor likes or trusts Deimos...no.

I liked Marlena's jacket and I even liked Valerie's scenes with Eli today. She didn't actually break down and cry but she got pretty close to it and that's the most emotion I've ever seen from this actress. I think she's finally starting to find her footing. Eli however still feels really green. I didn't like the way he just walked out on his mother after she basically begged him to forgive her. The actor could have done more with that even if it was written into the script. He didn't seem like he was overwhelmed with emotion or anything. He just stood up and walked out a bit like a robot.

It seems like all the women on this show end up begging men for something on an almost weekly basis.

Eric continues to be awesome. I really hope Dena lets him and Nicole have some fun without getting mired down in guilt for a change.

• Love 4

Impressed at how quickly Eric got to that private island off Greece. Probably a 13-15 hour flight from Salem.

Nicole looked far better fresh from her shower. Maybe the Aegean waters let a few brain cells grow in terms of her figuring out how to rescue herself. She did have street smarts once, but maybe DDD sucked them out. Under that dashing exterior, Xander really is quite childish. Deimos is not going to help him out and he may 'disappear' again.

Too bad Deimos, Sonny, Paul, Hope, Gabi, Chad, et al couldn't hop the same plane. Save fuel costs.

I would run from Julie. Overbearing and smothering. Most would run!

Eli, what was done is done. You are an adult man and you can choose to have a relationship with your biological family - or not. Your mom made the best choices she felt that she could make at the time.

• Love 6

Watching again for the first time in a while and I despise body shaming but... is it just me or is the actress who plays Claire frighteningly thin? It doesn't seem like that was the case when she first came on the show was it? It's very worrisome! 

• Love 2

It's not just you. I noticed at Steve and Kayla's wedding in February that almost all of the current teen girls are practically anorexic. Jade, Ciarra and especially Claire are definitely not healthy. I think the loose wardrobe hides it to some degree but if television cameras make you look 10 pounds heavier this girl is in serious trouble...and somehow I doubt anyone will intervene. The thinner the better, right Hollywood?

That punch at the end with Eric and Xander was everything. I can't wait to see these two guys go head-to-head. It's been a long time since we've seen too formidable male characters having a knock-down drag-out battle. I think the last time was Bo and Aiden but even that didn't seem especially exciting considering Bo was severely injured and Aiden was just a lawyer. Eric is an ex-convict and Xander obviously takes good care of his body. With any luck they'll have one awesome fist fight.

I was a little disappointed that Eric got Holly out of the compound so quickly. It felt like it only took two short scenes and she was on the jet. This show used to know how to milk tense situations like that and show us step by step what was happening.

Oh look - it's Prague again! *eyeroll* A couple of flowers cannot disguise that extremely unique carved wood dresser that was at the back of the exact same set three months ago. Considering they film in LA, would it really be so expensive to take the characters outside and walk them through some garden or beach somewhere and pretend it's Greece? I know Bold and Beautiful used to film a rooftop gym scene every couple of weeks...are there no gardens around the studio where they film Days?

I can't figure out if Andre was dressed in that school sweater because he wanted to show off to everybody that he was in severe denial about his age or that he had earned his D for DiMera.

I love how this show expects me to believe that Andre would fly all the way over to Greece to try and stop Chad from stealing but would have no interest in going to Prague when Stefano was suspected to be alive. Suuuuure.

Him and Hope casually sharing scenes together is way too Scooby-Doo. I still have absolutely no idea where they are going with his character anymore and I've run out of patience to even pretend to give a damn.

This amulet thing is stupid, Dena. Claire being jealous is also stupid. You couldn't have propped Ciarra more overtly today if you swapped The Hourglass out for her face in the opening titles. Since when has she given a damn about clean drinking water or global initiatives?

John Aniston as always was great. I never cared about Victor but these last few years he's brought a lot of dignity to the show.

(I thought I was done watching this show after Theresa left. What happened?)

• Love 4

Did Nicole bring her luggage with her to Greece, or is she wearing something that Xander/Deimos bought for her?

They really have destroyed the character of Claire.

Hm.  Looks like Andre likes the D.

Eric speaks Greek? I wonder if the Greek he was taught in the seminary was Old Testament Greek or modern Greek.

Who in their right mind thinks Claire is fun to hang out with?

During the Chad/Hope/Andre cafe scene, I was mesmerized by the woman in the background who looked poured into her dress, and then she ran into Andre.

That poor pilot, stuck with baby sitting duty.

• Love 2

Claire is becoming a younger version of her mother. No, sweetie, you don't go hitting up Grandpa Victor for money to launch your 'singing' career. Talented people pay their dues. You're coming across as an entitled brat who wants her own way. If you are past the age of majority, get yourself a job, quit college and work toward your music 'career'. It's doubtful that Victor favours Ciara - it's all your projection, Claire. And speaking of Ciara, when did she give a crap about anything but herself? Clean drinking water? Is that for some school project? All Ciara wanted was a bad boy boyfriend - Theo was too dull and boring for her. And Claire is just using him.

I too have noticed that most of the teen set girls are extremely thin.

I am assuming that Deimos made some arrangement for clothing for Nicole. He probably knows her size and sent his staff to buy stuff that would fit her. I liked the charming drunk Xander but not the raging drunk version.

Surprised that Eric rescued Holly so quickly. Hope that he and Deimos duke it out and that Eric gets some much needed karmic revenge.

The cursed amulet? Really???? Why is Hope there other than getting a vacation from 'work'. Not like she's done much. Raines should demote her. She couldn't give a crap about Chad. Andre is back from Peru? He's not sore from his climb?

• Love 5

If a better writer was telling this story, and if they would let it run a slow build, the cursed amulet might have been fun. Or tragic. Characters could have been been hurt. Maybe even die. The amulet could have been Salem's next serial killer!  But, alas, I'm sure the storyline will run at warp speed and be over and forgotten before the end of the month.

• Love 1
(edited)

....like the Orwell doohickey.

Okay, so sanity warning - MUTE ALL OF NICOLE'S SCENES TODAY.

...is she out of her f-ing mind?? Xander was about to rape her and Eric intervened after getting Holly to safety and she can only bitch at him?

..is this because Ari loves Shawn so much? Is she asking Dena to make it so Nicole will never forgive Eric again? Because she sounds so checked-out in her performance I just can't figure this crap out.

And then there's Chloe trying to explain her plot-motivated nonsense.

Dena: NO ONE WOULD EVER BEHAVE HOW CHLOE AND NICOLE HAVE BEEN BEHAVING.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 5

I know that Julie and Nicole have the absolute moral right to yell and shriek at Gabi and Eric, calling them murderers for the rest of their lives, but it's starting to make them look like bullies, especially when Gabi and Eric have paid for their crimes, shown true remorse and, most importantly, have not gone around continuing to commit crimes and are leading good lives.  If Victor, Andre and Deimos--the actual perpetrators of on-going crime--were given as much crap as Eric and Gabi get, I'd be a happy viewer.

I loved Nicole going on about how horrible Erik is and how it's all his fault she ever got involved with Xander in the first place because Eric didn't trust her regarding Serena but Nicole failed to mention that Eric didn't trust her because she lied to his face and destroyed the evidence of his rape.  I guess Nicole's wrong-doings go by the wayside because she can hold Eric's being responsible for Daniel's death over his head FOREVER.

And the actress playing Ciara is just as bland as the day she started, no improvement at all and it becomes especially glaring when the actors playing Theo and Wyatt are actually pretty good.

I actually like JJ and Eli has a crime-fighting duo but Lani just stands out like a sore thumb--she's completely unbelievable as a cop.

• Love 6

Nicole can so go now. 
Eric could had stayed home and been with Jennifer instead of put up with Nicole's verbal tongue lashing and slapping from him. 
No offe., to AZ and I love her as an actress but bye Nikki.  I'm done with her crying over everything especially over wack ass Daniel.  The show forcing the character into heroine-hood.  And of course no one cares about this baby!   Like Enough!  Bye girl.  

• Love 3

What is Chloe up to?  Is she thinking she can take Brady away from Nicole just like Nicole took Holly?

Liking the red jacket Eli is wearing.

Damn, Xander can fight off both Nicole and Eric at the same time.

Paul is a trained PI?

Damn, Wyatt really is a slime bucket.

Jeez, more Salem cops just pick up and go traveling the world. But then, it looks like the whole town is on its way to Greece: Xander, Deimos, Nicole, Eric, Chad, Hope, Andre, JJ, Gabi, Eli, Lani, Paul and Sonny.

Damn, Nicole, it was your fault Eric became an alcoholic because you destroyed the evidence that could have proven he was raped.

• Love 5

OMG!  SHUT THE F***  UP NICOLE!!!

What a vile bitch she was today, and along with her general uselessness in every situation, I am more than ready to see her go.  I don't care what becomes of her character at this point, she is is just unpleasant to watch now.

• Love 7
(edited)
On Thursday, May 11, 2017 at 7:17 PM, annabel said:

Is Claire supposed to be at all likeable? 

It's so sad cause of all of the teens she was the most likeable 2 me. Something went terribly wrong along the way in the last yr(Dena hackery ass). I miss the Claire that got Ciara to gently confess that she was raped, the one that accused her mammy of her whoring herself out to Phil & When she raises her hand to almost slap her & she is basically daring her to do it. 

I hope Ron & Sheri can drop the YT shit, The Self absorbedness, Singing shit, Theo(I anit feeling them)& get her back on track. The potential is there.

Edited by NiqueAlexis
  • Love 1

I get it, Nicole, you have a lot of unresolved emotions due to DDD. Blaming Eric for the rest of his and your life will not work. Your behaviour was vile today.

Why does everyone need to go to Greece? Gabi reminded me of an old Pan Am stewardess - a tad overdressed for most crowded flights these days. Maybe the private jet is a bit more comfy.

I hope that Ciara kicks Wyatt where the sun don't shine and also gives Theo a good lecture - Wyatt is bad news and it was a really bad idea for Theo to create his little monster.

JJ, as a cop and having a mother as an addict and a sister who is probably on meds - you just don't detox and withdraw that quickly.

Chloe, you signed away your claim to your child when you entered the surrogacy contract. You made a unilateral decision to try again, not inform the parents - no business doing so.

• Love 3

I don't get why Wyatt is supposed to be a bad dude. ok, so Theo set him up with Ciara without telling her (for unknown and probably really stupid reasons), but like Wyatt said, she seems really happy, and if he actually does care about her what is the big deal? though if Theo realized that he actually does want her and Ciara reciprocated I would be THRILLED to see Claire kicked to the curb. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, NiqueAlexis said:

It's so sad cause of all of the teens she was the most likeable 2 me. Something went terribly wrong along the way in the last yr(Dena hackery ass). I miss the Claire that got Ciara to gently confess that she was raped, the one that accused her mammy of her whoring herself out to Phil & When she raises her to almost slap her she basically daring her to do it. 

It's so obvious what the show wants to do with Claire and that's turn her into faux Sami at that age.  Higley was on the writing staff at the time when Sami was turned into a super bitch in the mid 90s.  And lets not forget her Phloe/Shelle triangle once she came back in the mid 2000s.  She just loves making the blonde teen girls spotlighted into juvenile, self absorbed or pathetic ways.   Like you said the busted singing... begging for money... Claire's nasty, jealous and selfish attitude at others especially Theo.  But Higley loves making females characters into crazy people,  needy or simply unbearable to watch.  

• Love 1
(edited)

I actually thought it had more to do with making/proping likeable Ciara since VJ was a colossal failure as her. The whole letter thing, Theo setting up Ciara with Wyatt. 

Sami on the other hand her bitchness was organic. Sami didn't become that way she did overnight circumstances beyond her control & within her control made her the way she was. 

The writing for Claire is like the writing for Belle under Dena both damn times there is no reason for it the unholy unlikable bitchness at all. 

It was only a matter of time before she got ahold of Claire given I think she hates Females period especially the younger generation.

Edited by NiqueAlexis
  • Love 3

I would also add that Sami was way more fun when she was bitchy than Claire or anyone currently from the younger female set. Sami was never a passive character. She made things happened whether you like it or not. 

• Love 6
(edited)

In hindsight, if Arianne Zucker had played the scene like Judi Evans - 100% committed, red-faced, blubbering and screaming hysterically - I would have completely bought her tirade against Eric. She cried well enough at the end of the episode, but by that point all of her earlier bitching just sounded way too sober and reasoned for me to forgive it. Judi would have totally rocked that scene and known how unsympathetic her character sounded and compensated for it. Do you think the director told Arianne to just play it straight? It really did damage the character for her to be so harsh in the face of being rescued by someone she knows is virtuous and kind...

Edit: Judi was glowing today. MBE looked great too. Can those two have a happy storyline?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3
(edited)

I've run hot and cold on Jade since her introduction.  But now that she's trying to set off Tripp against Kayla, she officially sucks.

I enjoyed Adrienne's first meeting with Tripp, though.  Very surprised that she admitted to having killed her father right off the bat, though I guess it was to help fuel Tripp's belief that Steve is covering for Kayla.

Probably for the best that Abigail is divorcing Chad.  No point in being left in limbo as to where she truly stands with him.  But Chad's reaction to learning about it pretty much says that he really does want her, after all.  I enjoyed Hope comforting him.

Justin was my hero for blasting Chloe and rightly saying that she's the one who set everything in motion in regards to what's happened to Brady, Nicole, and Holly.  But it seems like they're moving her on from Eduardo to Dario.

Edited by Nalan
  • Love 2

Okay - every time Chloe says "my baby" regarding Holly, I just want to scream at her "not your baby bitch." Seriously, I used to consider Chloe not offensive at the most but now I actively hate her. The absolute ridiculousness that she retained custody of Holly after it was proved she had no biological link to the child and lied to everyone regarding who Holly's parents were still angers me.

And has she even attempted to find "her baby"? Nope, she is at the bar drinking with Dario. Don't claim to be a concerned parent when you aren't even trying to find the missing child.

To me, the Nicole/Deimos/Brady story line, replete with runaway lovers, madmen with an obsession, kidnappings and shootings, is actually the closest to the soaps I watched in the 80's & 90's. I loved Cruise of Deception and Alamania. I just wish we were being given a little more meat in this story and better pacing.

Jade can go away now - I hope when the truth comes out Tripp verbally eviscerates her in front of everyone for every single lie she spouted. If he accidentally let slip that Joey killed Ave - bonus!

• Love 3

I'm sorry but if Tripp can't see that the girl who just got free room and board AND tuition is being petty, he's an idiot.

Also, after hearing that recap of Ava's crimes, who wouldn't understand why someone finally killed her?

• Love 2
(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 0:21 PM, NiqueAlexis said:

Sami on the other hand her bitchness was organic. Sami didn't become that way she did overnight circumstances beyond her control & within her control made her the way she was. 

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 0:30 PM, nilyank said:

I would also add that Sami was way more fun when she was bitchy than Claire or anyone currently from the younger female set. Sami was never a passive character. She made things happened whether you like it or not. 

The writers can't be bothered to give the characters layers anymore.  If an actress/actor isn't able to compensate for the lousy writing (like Jen Lilley did for Teresa), then the viewers have nothing to look forward to.  Lousy writing, lousy acting, and lousy SL = people not caring and not watching.

I don't like what the writers have done to Kayla, Steve, Marlena, Roman, John, Julie, Doug etc., but there was a time when these characters were must see TV.

The SL with Eric, Nicole, Brady, Chloe and Holly should have been way better than it is.  They've got the history with the characters, it's got the soapy elements it needs, and there have been some good scenes, but there have also been some major WTH moments and these people are to stupid to live moments, and while dumb has been the default setting for Brady and Eric for years, Nicole and Chloe used to have functioning brain cells.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 1

Where is a good serial killer when you need them? I wouldn't shed a tear if the following characters would disappear without a trace!

Demios, the Nicole obsessed, psychopath who shouldn't even exist.

Claire, the resident Brady Brat who reminds me of her mother WAY too much.

Chloe, the Daniel Offspring Obsessed, ex drugged out hooker.

Jade, the pathetic troublemaking leech.

Nicole, the Wannabe Sainted, Unforgiving, living half of the Greatest Love Story NEVER told.

• Love 3

Jade, be careful of what you speak. It'll come back and bite you. Only reason you are dishing that crap to Tripp is that Steve and Kayla aren't your sugarparents any more. Their gravy train is now empty. Tripp will eventually clue in to the real you.

Good for Justin for telling Chloe how it is. She has no real legal claim to the child she carried as a surrogate. And everyone's right, it's not like she's hopping a flight to Athens to look for Holly. Her parents have Parker. She is at the bar, getting drunk with a dude.

So Abs has filed for divorce. That was fast. Felt sorry for Chad but he is probably better off - for now. They will probably get back together but for the right reasons. Seems odd that Hope has taken a liking to him. The magical amulet has yet to work its danger spells!

Nice to see Adrienne back. Maybe she can bond with Tripp and tell him the truth. Eventually Joey's role in Ava's death will come out.

• Love 1

I also was happy to see someone tell cloe she started all this because she wanted to be boss. The baby is not hers.But the story has made me a fan of Nicoles..I usually try to see all sides, but cloe has none. She is such a great mother, I haven't seen her son since Michael dies, Michael died and Nichole was the one who comforted him.

1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Nice to see Adrienne back. Maybe she can bond with Tripp and tell him the truth. Eventually Joey's role in Ava's death will come out.

She doesn't know the truth.

Did anyone else find Adrienne's reaction weirdly inappropriate?  Family first, yadda yadda yadda, but is it really "exciting" to find out your brother had a love child with a psycho who tried to kill your sister-in-law?  I don't understand these people anymore.  And has she even met Joey?  I can't remember.

Jade narrating last year's Ava story for Tripp... she was barely on canvas when Ava died.  So gross to hear Steve and Kayla's intimate business in her mouth, when they aren't allowed to discuss it themselves.

The Chad/Hope vibe is so off.  It feels like a failed chemistry test in every scene, but I doubt that's what they were going for.  I did think Chloe/Dario were worth a second look, though.  And Abby looked beautiful when she was crying with Dario.  That's all I have.

6 hours ago, testardo said:

She is such a great mother, I haven't seen her son since Michael dies, Michael died and Nichole was the one who comforted him.

Michael?  Who's Michael?

• Love 2

Eric's pained face always makes me laugh, but it was cheesy goodness when he told Nicole he was not leaving her and that he was going to see Daniel's child home safely. I mean, sure, I'm sick of the St. Daniel narrative, but Eric recklessly killed a "good guy" in soap land, and that should be a very difficult road to redemption. His saying that is so embarrassingly soapy, but it got me in the feels. 

Also, Nicole is so ridiculously stupid, but I did like that she threw his previous self righteousness in his face a little. Of course, she can't just begrudgingly accept his help, escape, and then read him, she has to waste time by refusing his help in a life and death situation. Thanks, writers. Us wimmens are so emotional and you totally get that. Gag.

I say it over and over, but I'm so glad they found Marci Miller. She makes me care for Abigail, despite all the shady shit she's pulled over the years. I fanwank that she filed because she knows what it feels like to be in a committed relationship, but totally in love with someone else, Ben/Chad. She see's herself in Chad trying to say and do all the right things, but never being able to fully commit because of loving someone else. She's trying to give him that out because she loves him and herself. I just poo-poo all the Gabi is his true soulmate crap she's telling herself. She knows he loves Gabi, but let's not go overboard, show.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Lady Iris said:

I've given up on Days and this is the first time I've visited this forum in a while. I see no mention of Rafe. Is he still around?

Yeah, he's boffing Hope. 

• Love 1

I have to admit this and maybe they're a doomed romance, but I kind of adore Gabi and Chad together. There's a lightness to their scenes that's a much needed contrast to the angst of Chad and Abby and because of that I want to see the Chabi romance explored to see if their deep feelings and longing looks hold up--I think it will :)

I also think Gabi fits in better with Chad, Sonny and Paul in that they're all a bunch of young people in their twenties trying to figure out their lives and raise their little kids and their chemistry rings true but when Abby is added, she just seems older and more disapproving, like she's their big sister.  I like MM but she doesn't have a youthful quality--heck, Dario is in his 30's and he acts younger then Abby.

Eric's showing Nicole how to make a shiv was kind of awesome--I like him in badass mode :)

• Love 4
23 hours ago, mj2000 said:

living half of the Greatest Love Story NEVER told.

This is something that really annoys me about soaps (not just Days).  For whatever reason, writers now keep trying to insist on these great loves that were never shown on screen, or they completely trash great loving couples that the fans liked.

I expect the characters to be involved in more than one pairing, there will be problems, people will do dumb things, make mistakes, etc.  However, I don't understand the writers' need to rewrite history.

There was no need to invent a lame backstory for Chad and Gabi either.  People who are enemies on soaps fall in love all the time.  People who always thought themselves friends develop romantic feelings as well.  Chad and Gabi bonding over being single parent's (Will's dead, and Slappy should have stayed dead), etc., would have been easy to write.

Daniel as Nicole's great love/soulmate, instead of Eric or Brady is as bad as Sami's great love/soulmate not being Lucas or Rafe.  I really hate the term soulmate.  It gets tossed around way to much on soaps.

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

Daniel as Nicole's great love/soulmate, instead of Eric or Brady is as bad as Sami's great love/soulmate not being Lucas or Rafe.  I really hate the term soulmate.  It gets tossed around way to much on soaps.

Rafe equals Daniel to me. He wasn't Sami's soulmate. He was actually her Safe choice.

• Love 2

Ding! Ding! Ding!

I completely agree. I fanwank that Nicole paints Tan as perfect to allow herself to feel better about not pursuing things with Eric. I think she might have felt it was too complex with Eric and Dan was an easier choice.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Rafe equals Daniel to me. He wasn't Sami's soulmate. He was actually her Safe choice.

Lucas was Sami's love of her life/soulmate until the writers ruined it.  However, for years after that Sami chose Rafe over EJ again and again and again.  So it was idiotic for the writers to try to make Sami and EJ into some - hell I don't know what the writers were trying to do with that SL - but I do know I will never believe that Sami would have given up Lucas or Rafe to be with EJ.

• Love 2

Soulmates are not the easy destined romance. There is a lot of hard work to do within oneself to even get that chance. Yep, Rafe was a safe choice for Sami. She wouldn't hurt as badly if things with them ended.

So Dario isn't a US citizen? Was Mama Hernandez one when she had him? Wouldn't he have dual citizenship? He couldn't try a family visa? Surely there is an immigration lawyer in Salem who can help him out. And not have to do a quickie wedding to Abs. A so-called platonic 'friend'.

Nice to see that the Salem PD and the FBI don't have any jurisdiction in Greece. Shouldn't they be sampling the moussaka and having some good Greek liqueurs?

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Nalan said:

Michael?  Who's Michael?

10 hours ago, JBC344 said:

I think the poster meant to say Daniel.

Thank you both. I thought I was having a stroke. The only "Michael" I could remember on this show was Jennifer's brother (and also Mickey Horton, but I'm old). 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I have to admit this and maybe they're a doomed romance, but I kind of adore Gabi and Chad together. There's a lightness to their scenes that's a much needed contrast to the angst of Chad and Abby and because of that I want to see the Chabi romance explored to see if their deep feelings and longing looks hold up--I think it will :)

I'm Team Chad/Gabby. (That's how it was spelled on her Horton Ornament, I think)
I don't like the reinvented high school history crap but yeah, enemies fall in love all the time. There is a fine line between love and hate. They are way more interesting than Chad/Abby at this point, imo. 

11 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

Lucas was Sami's love of her life/soulmate until the writers ruined it.  However, for years after that Sami chose Rafe over EJ again and again and again.  So it was idiotic for the writers to try to make Sami and EJ into some - hell I don't know what the writers were trying to do with that SL - but I do know I will never believe that Sami would have given up Lucas or Rafe to be with EJ.

I hate the word and concept of soulmate (Thanks, Dawson) but I do think that Sami/Lucas will always be pretty close to that concept. They always end up relying on each other and have the kids to tie them. I loved EJami, don't get me wrong. there was chemistry and the characters just "got" each other. But yeah, Lumi is so...yeah. I like both couples, I guess.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, swtrgrl said:
16 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

I disagree for many reasons but I thought the show actually did a decent job at showing that Sami chose Rafe cause her family thought he was great for her and she was running from things she didn't want to feel. Having said that, I don't think they meant to do that... I think it was an accident that happened along the way of them propping Rafe 24/7. Rafe didn't treat Sami poorly and he was willing to cover up crimes for her like attempted murder & joyfully threatening his sister while using his official authority to do so without hesitation or integrity. There were way too many scenes of Sami's family, especially Marlena, constantly praising to Sami about being with Rafe because of how wonderful he was. Little to no regard really for Sami in that sentiment. For Sami at that time, it was catnip to have that familial approval. I just thought it was obnoxious writing that made it more about the "awesomeness" of Rafe than it was about Sami or Sami/Rafe as a couple.

As for Lucas, Sami friendzoned him years ago with the last time being when she left to go to Hollywood. I have no problem with your first love not being your last love nor your only love nor your true love, especially if it was a young love. That's how life works. People change and I see that with Sami & Lucas. Sami changed from the teen who met him to a woman who wanted more and Lucas did not. He wanted the status quo with their relationship. It doesn't diminish Sami nor Lucas with what they had because Sami wanted more than him. It is not wrong that Sami's feelings and desires changed. They're still good friends. Their relationship reminds me of Marlena & Roman in ways, esp Marlena moving on and Roman being stagnant. People move on from young love all the time but that doesn't mean there was never love there. Because they are not together nor mutually in love now doesn't erase that they were at some point.

I was just happy to see Lucas stop yelling at Sami and run her down when she would lie to him during their later romantic years after she finally cut the cord on anything romantic between them. (Also, this previous sentence is why I hate the Brady / Nicole attempts at romance cause they have that same type of cycle when they're together romantically where Brady knows Nicole is a big time liar and that's fine except suddenly he gets irate and berates her when she lies to him even though he has many times covered for her lies when they're just friends ).

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 0:28 PM, JBC344 said:

I think the poster meant to say Daniel.

Yes I did. He played Michael on a different show Sorry . Thanks for answering  for me.

• Love 1
(edited)

Eric Marstoff did a better job today of seeming fatally ill. The makeup helped too.

I found John's return a little anti-climactic. We've heard him say these things before about how he's going to start putting his family first and how nothing else matters etc etc. When Dena did that for the 50th anniversary I was curious to see what she would transition John into if he wasn't going to be Mr. Super Spy anymore. Instead he's been up to the same old things with the ISA and I'm not going to fall for it again. I'll believe he legitimately retired once we've gone three months without him acting like James Bond.

(And yes I know Drake wasn't available for filming but a better storyline could have been concocted. I'll try to make this the last time I beat that dead horse.)

Whoever said Tripp looks really nice when he smiles was right...but then I think everyone on this show looks better when they smile and yet the writers refused to allow them to do it very often.

I'm glad Nicole went back for Eric but I could have used an additional scene of her talking to herself in town about how badly she treated him and how she has to try and make it right for Brady if for no one else. Instead it just seemed like she was on the plane making a generic facial expression and then running up to a random police officer like a 12 year old girl who lost her puppy two minutes later. It was weird. Where exactly was the plane? I assumed it was hidden away on Xander's island, but if it's on the mainland both Nicole and Eric would have had to take boat rides to get to and from the island. If that is supposed to be the case it would drastically impact Nicole's decision to go back for Eric...

These writers really aren't good at milking the drama properly are they? At least not when it comes to Nicole.

I finally cracked and started laughing at Joey's terrible acting during the dream scene with Jade. That is how you deliver a line when your character has apparently just lost his mother? Okay then :)

All in all I really wanted more time with the Xander storyline. I missed some of today's show but the spoilers said that Eric and Xander would rehash their history together. Did we get that or did we get any flashbacks or were those scenes cut?

Edited by DisneyBoy
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

I found John's return a little anti-climactic. We've heard him say these things before about how he's going to start putting his family first and how nothing else matters etc etc. When Dena did that for the 50th anniversary I was curious to see what she would transition John into if he wasn't going to be Mr. Super Spy anymore. Instead he's been up to the same old things with the ISA and I'm not going to fall for it again.

I think Drake's injury sort of put them into a corner with how to explain his being missing.

(edited)

Nope. A writer's job is to find a way to justify things when thrown a curveball so that the story can move forward.

When Linda Dano took a leave from Another World to get a facelift, the writers could have simply ignored the fact that she suddenly looked younger or they could have written it into the show...and that's exactly what they did. Her character fell through a skylight, was scarred and then had surgery. It would certainly have been easier for Felicia to just leave Bay City and come back saying she felt refreshed but that would be ignoring the elephant in the room.

As I said a few months ago, when Alison Sweeney we leaving the show due to maternity leave, they concocted the whole story where Sami disguises herself as Stan to allow them to keep the character on the canvas and simply hire another actor to play her.

Having an actor suddenly become unavailable is a problem but Days Of Our Lives films six months in advance. When they were airing John's final fight with Orpheus back in November, was it, Drake was already back on set. Meaning, before that episode aired they could have filmed a scene of John recuperating in the hospital after freeing Marlena from her burning coffin and then inserted it into the episode to give it better closure. Heck, they could have even shown him getting the call that his mother was ill and flying out to see her before the holidays. Instead all we got was Steve and John breaking down the door and John running off camera apparently into a black hole because he simply vanished.

They had so much lead time to work with that by the time Drake was back on the show they could have figured out how to retroactively add him into the storylines he was otherwise conspicuously absent from, like the Prague/Stefano debacle.

Instead, all we got were some vague comments from Marlena about how John is looking after the mother he barely knows and then how he's on some mission. And then when he finally does return Marlena has to mention it to him in passing that she almost got kidnapped by Stefano again and all he says is "well of course you didn't - atta girl!"

Sorry, but I will NOT cut them slack for being so damn lazy with their male lead when they had every opportunity to have this make sense.

They just don't plan ahead. Bo didn't have to be an absentee father for years if they had just figured out a way to have him off camera for a long time. They also didn't have to give Caroline a miracle cure for Alzheimer's, especially since they knew she wasn't getting any younger and the character would need to have to be written out within a span of a few years anyways. I get that the actress didn't want to have to play that storyline, but they could have downplayed it. People live with Alzheimer's for a very long time. They could have had Caroline on some magical drug concoction that slows her decline. Instead they invented a drug that not only cures Alzheimer's but gives people mystical visions?! That's ridiculous.

I realize this is a crap show at this point but I will not excuse the laziness of the last few months with regards to John's absence, which is the type of thing executive producers should be able to roll with.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 6