Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

So the con (Steve and Shane) is now out-conned by the possibility that Stefano is really alive. Gimme a break. Yeah, Stefano will die at some point. He could simply FaceTime the Salem or Skype PD and say he faked his death and then conveniently dies, setting Hope free. She still shot a dude in cold blood. Most folks wouldn't be as lucky as her.

Eric and Jennifer? Really? Two addicts being codependent? At least Anne showed up for the whole Drew thing.

Nice that JJ found out from his mom that Chad and Gabi had been kidnapped.

Eli must be close to visiting Salem due to him being mentioned. Wonder what trouble that will stir. Abe, it really isn't your business if there is another man in Valerie's life. You aren't exclusive or anything. Just two people who enjoy each other's company.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, rcc said:

I really don't like this actress playing Val. She has no chemistry with James at all. I hope she introduces her son to the show then takes off.

I don't like her either.  Her acting is not good, not natural at all, in my opinion. And I couldn't care less about her and Abe.

• Love 2

I was only half listening when Kate said she always had a soft spot for Gabbi- I so wanted her to end that sentence with "ever since we covered up Nick's murder"  Come on- that's much more of a bonding experience than Countess W.

• Love 8

Two days back and not only am I finding it difficult to see myself sticking around, I don't think I like Steve or Shane anymore.  I might have to bail if for no other reason than I don't want to find myself rooting for Kayla to dump Steve, mainly because Kayla always gets the crap end of the stick, regardless of Steve being almost always 100% at fault.

Thanks show, it wasn't enough that you made me dislike Jennifer and Hope.  I now no longer view Steve and Shane favorably.

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 1

I enjoyed Anne as a fake cop. She does have potential to become Jen's friend.

Yup, Dario, put 2 and 2 together that the 5'3" blonde is the Spectator's publisher.

Victor, it may be time to send Deimos back to Greece - permanently. Suspicion is growing and his days are probably numbered.

Still wonder how Chad and Gabi use the bathroom facilities in the storage locker.

Overall, most characters are turning in to people I don't really like.

• Love 1

About the only things I liked today were the Jennifer/Adrienne/Anne/Drew scenes (women being proactive!  Yay!  What a concept, huh?) and the Eduardo/Kate/Dario/Abigail scenes.  Well, those, and Maggie knowing immediately that Deimos was lying to her about not knowing a thing about Chad and Gabi's kidnapping.  Loved that the old Maggie came out to play.  Ah, and J.J. clearly rattling Deimos's cage, as well.

Maybe I'm just up for anyone who can take Deimos on.  Imagine that.

• Love 4

I like that things with Kate and Carrie are awkward. You know, because the last time they saw each other Kate threatened her over her emotional affair with Rafe. 

I noticed Kate told Austin that Andre has "changed." I guess the writers really do expect us to believe this psychotic serial killer is semi-reformed. Whatever. He's still a waste of space. 

Hope and Rafe are sickening. 

• Love 1

I'm still reeling from the "Shane was Stefano" revelation on Friday and didn't watch Monday or Tuesday.  Turned it on today half way through to see the wedding. Guess it's tomorrow.  I've never seen Stephanie before, so her return isn't that exciting for me. But I did like Steve calling her "little sweetness".

Still hate this whole "Hope kills Stefano" storyline.  Especially with that stupid twist. I could have been fine with Stefano somehow faking his death, again.  But this way, Hope really is a murderer, she just doesn't know it.  So stupid.  And who spent more time in prison for murdering Stefano?  Hope? Andre?  Or the poor guy who confessed to the killing?  

I think I now know how some of you guys felt who disliked Jennifer. I never saw her with Daniel, so I never really understood the hate, but now I'm not liking Hope much. I assumed we, the audience, were supposed to be joyful when she showed up at the wedding, but not so much for me. I hope she gets back-burnered for a while and that she and Rafe realize they are better off just co-workers or aquaintances.

I've enjoyed seeing Carrie and Austin. And Shawn and Belle. This short go-round, Belle has been so much more likable, than when they brought her back for the 50th. That Belle was horrible and nothing like I imagined sweet teenaged Belle would grow up to be. I hope Ron brings both couples back, as the show needs to get it's family feel back.

So guess I'll have to watch tomorrow for the wedding. Then after that I'll see how I feel about watching.  Dena really does ruin everything, doesn't she. 

• Love 1

I'm still reeling from the "Shane was Stefano" revelation on Friday and didn't watch Monday or Tuesday.

So you didn't see when Shane and Steve were reviewing the Prague police's videos of Shane as Stefano  and they came across one of Stefano feeding pigeons in the park, and Shane said that that wasn't him.

"I don't think you need any more caffeine."

Maybe Eric's the one who should cut back on the caffeine.

So Caroline is in LA with Kim, huh?  I wish they would let us know if Peggy is okay.

All this way?  I thought Stephanie was in Chicago.

I wish we could get a Chloe/Stephanie confrontation, but I doubt if it will happen. And will we get a Lucas and Austin scene?

"Andre has changed."  Ugh, they really are trying to make him a good guy, aren't they?

Kate and Carrie are so deliciously awkward with each other.  :)

Kayla tells Caroline that she's glad that Caroline is in LA because it's so cold in Salem, and yet everybody is running around without coats.

I was wondering where they were going with the Hattie and Andre story, and I actually sort of like how they used it.

I know the writing is sloppy and half-ass, but I don't really care if Hope actually killed Stephano. I have affection for the actor, but the character was an evil bastard who tortured her and people she loved for years. I know a better story could/should have been written, but it wasn't and I don't really care if she murdered him. 

I still love Steve and Kayla. They are the only thing that keeps me hanging in there. I was half interested in Abby, Chad, and Gabi, but I feel it's only a matter of time before one of the ladies does something shady to get the guy, and I don't really want to see that.

• Love 3

First, let me say Dear NBC, F You with a rusty stick that's been in swam water because I only turned in to see the remarriage of Steve and Kayla, so having 80% of the show devoted to non-breaking news is doing little to make me want to stick with Days or your networks.  I currently only watch This Is Us and Days, so things are not looking good.

Second, MBE is so beautiful and that haircut is so damn flattering.  I also loved the blue floral dress and her wedding dress.  It's like someone on the show realized that neither Kayla, nor MBE are 1000 year-old frumps. So big thumbs up on that.

Third, WTF is going on with KA's face.  When DH looks natural compared to you, you know your latest bout of plastic surgery makes you look like a shit show.  So having the episode end on her face was not a good thing.

Fourth, I need Rafe to either go away, drop dead, or drop dead and go away because...

Fifth, so let me get this straight, Rafe and Shane (not really a slam on Shane, more a slam on no Kimmy) are going to be at the wedding, but no Kimberly, no Stephanie [see edit below] (everyone is secretly hoping Joey will no show, but Days wouldn't give viewers that moment of happiness (plus Kayla would be disappointed if her whining, murdering, son wasn't there).  Will Caroline [see edit below], Adrienne, Eric (remember he is Kayla's nephew, or is he on the run because he seemed to be hiding out with The Face of Horror wherever they were shown to be), etc. actually be there.

Edited because apparently Stephanie is there based on other posts.  Guess seeing her return took backseat to the non-news break we in NY were subject to.  Was it the actress who played her last, or was this a new actress, so the character had to be reintroduced to viewers? Evidently Caroline is conveniently in LA with Kim, has there been any info. Regarding the actresses health because she was missing in action when I tuned out?

Edited by Happytobehere
1 hour ago, Happytobehere said:

First, let me say Dear NBC, F You with a rusty stick that's been in swam water because I only turned in to see the remarriage of Steve and Kayla, so having 80% of the show devoted to non-breaking news is doing little to make me want to stick with Days or your networks.  I currently only watch This Is Us and Days, so things are not looking good.

Second, MBE is so beautiful and that haircut is so damn flattering.  I also loved the blue floral dress and her wedding dress.  It's like someone on the show realized that neither Kayla, nor MBE are 1000 year-old frumps. So big thumbs up on that.

Third, WTF is going on with KA's face.  When DH looks natural compared to you, you know your latest bout of plastic surgery makes you look like a shit show.  So having the episode end on her face was not a good thing.

Fourth, I need Rafe to either go away, drop dead, or drop dead and go away because...

Fifth, so let me get this straight, Rafe and Shane (not really a slam on Shane, more a slam on no Kimmy) are going to be at the wedding, but no Kimberly, no Stephanie [see edit below] (everyone is secretly hoping Joey will no show, but Days wouldn't give viewers that moment of happiness (plus Kayla would be disappointed if her whining, murdering, son wasn't there).  Will Caroline [see edit below], Adrienne, Eric (remember he is Kayla's nephew, or is he on the run because he seemed to be hiding out with The Face of Horror wherever they were shown to be), etc. actually be there.

Edited because apparently Stephanie is there based on other posts.  Guess seeing her return took backseat to the non-news break we in NY were subject to.  Was it the actress who played her last, or was this a new actress, so the character had to be reintroduced to viewers? Evidently Caroline is conveniently in LA with Kim, has there been any info. Regarding the actresses health because she was missing in action when I tuned out?

It was the same actress that last played her, although she looked a little different to me. I couldn't put my finger on exactly what it was though. Steve called her "little sweetness" and it was really, well, sweet.

MBE looks wonderful. The woman is doing something right. 

• Love 2

I thought that it being so cold in Salem, that Stephanie was wearing a summer sundress. Maybe she just flew in from a vacation in Mexico.

Her mom, Kayla, looked lovely.

Wonder who the wedding guests will be - maybe they plan on Skyping the wedding so those missing can see it.

Nice to see Andre getting a bit of karma with the revelation of his scheme on Hattie.

KA is just very painfully thin and her face looks gaunt  - she's not young any more and it's not natural. I don't enjoy seeing a woman's neckbones. Could also have just been makeup and serious contouring.

Maybe Rafe can take Hope on a nice winter holiday and stay a while.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

KA is just very painfully thin and her face looks gaunt  - she's not young any more and it's not natural. I don't enjoy seeing a woman's neckbones. Could also have just been makeup and serious contouring

Maybe it was the shock of not having seen KA in months, but I think it's more than that.  I know she is painfully thin and her face has had that gaunt/hollow look for some time, but I was positively horrified when I saw her.  That's where the comparison to DH came from because she has long looked overly botoxed and nipped and tuck but after seeing KA, DH looked damned near natural.

• Love 1

I agree that she looks too thin, but I don't really see what's wrong with KA's face.

I'm watching yesterday's episode and enjoying it for what it is. Yes, the wrap-up of Hope's entire storyline is happening at lightspeed, almost as though the show is cancelled and only has one episode in which to resolve it, but I'm pretty much relieved that it's over. They never had the money to actually show the jail cell that Hope was being kept in....they wasted Dot Marie Jones in a very awkward cameo where she clearly had no rehearsal time to get used to her character...and I just want to put this whole Stefano business behind us and forget Dena's horrendous twists. So all in all the hugs and smiles aren't bothering me if it means we can move forward.

I like the idea that Kimberly took Caroline to LA to recover from her illness even though we still don't know what she's actually sick with. I guess it's the flu? In any case that accounts for both Kim and Caroline's recent disappearances from the show and that's fine for the time being. Obviously by March if we don't see Caroline again it's going to be crazy awkward. They really screwed the pooch by trying to keep her on the show forever. I don't want to see Peggy leave or Caroline killed off but something needs to be done because she's just too much of a constant presence in everyone's life.

Maybe it's because I never saw Stephanie on the show before but she felt awkwardly inserted into those Pub scenes. Just judging by her performance in yesterday's episode I find her stiff and stilted. The actress was obviously happy to be seeing old co-workers again but why was she smiling throughout that entire bit about how her parents were previously split up?

Carrie is a much more comfortable fit in those scenes. I obviously saw her back in the nineties so I know she has history with these characters, but I'd like to think that even if I'd never seen her on the show before I would feel the love there between her and Kayla and Marlena based purely on the performance. Like the rest of you, I am also really enjoying Austin.

I am supremely disappointed they are getting married in a bar. I would almost rather they get married in the living room of their home because at least it isn't to set that we have seen about a dozen times. Yes, I know they recently renovated TBD but I don't like the new look and it feels like half of the bar still looks the exact same way only now it clashes with the new half. Am I alone in that?

Eric definitely needs therapy. Gee it's a shame no one in his family is a medical professional or therapist or anything...

Rafe needs to be killed by Andre. Or a rabid squirrel. Maybe he can trip and hit his head really hard? I want him gone so badly I would even be willing to throw poor Aiden under the bus one last time by having him come back to town and kill Rafe. And maybe Andre can use that memory laser somewhere in storage to wipe Hope's memory of her relationship with Rafe.

We really need an update and explanation for where the hell John is. It is beyond stupid now. He was gone before Hope was in jail and now she's already been to prison, escaped from prison and been on the lam and recovered from stab wounds and been exonerated  and he's still...what? Chatting with relatives he's never met before?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 6

Who is running the pub if Caroline is in LA?

Andre's comments to Anna were hilarious.

Anna better be careful that some waitress or busboy doesn't take Andre's ash shaker off the table.

Why wasn't Kimberly at the wedding?

Finally a scene with Carrie and Roman.

Scottie is David's son, right?  Maybe David is dead.  Or in the hospital.

Sigh.

When I watch Days, I still find myself comparing the crap it is now to its glorious 80's heyday. Thank heavens SN and MBE can still pull a little magic out of that hat. I hope that they manage to stay on to the end whenever that may be. 

• Love 4

Long time lurker, first time posting.. I watched back in hey day of the 80s/90s and came back for the 50th.. I have been soooooo looking forward to Patch and Kayla wedding and OF COURSE the entire show was pre-empted today (again!) for another of Oranges press conferences.  It is not on DirectTV on demand.. Where can i find todays show in its entirety?. You have no idea how pissed I am right now!. TIA for your help!!

• Love 1

For all her recent goofiness- thanks writers- I have a soft spot for Anna and I really loved her and Tony.  I remember when they found him on the island the last time- they were so happy.  Sigh.  I was kind of hoping against hope that Andre was Tony and would somehow find a way to clue her in, but I watched that conversation twice and I didn't see even the shadow of an anvil.

Naturally, I loved the Steve and Kayla weddi g before it was interrupted for more non-news. I don't even know if I can stick through the show through tomorrow if these press conferences are going to be a daily event.

I liked Stephanie's talking with Joey. Does anyon e know if Stephanie is staying in town, or is the actress just dropping in for the wedding.

I don't like new Jade and that's saying something given that I didn't like Original Recipe Jade.

We don't get the interruptions in Canada! At least not yet.

Why have the wedding at Club TBD? Why not the Horton house? Or Steve and Kayla's house? Yes, it is easier to have catering at a place that is equipped for it, but folks could have gone there after.

I am always impressed at weddings where there is this whole rehearsed impromptu true love speech. If you are not exhausted, you are nervous, or worse.

Anna, you can put some of Tony's ashes in to a necklace and carry him around that way. One of these days, the urn's lid will come off and Tony will be everywhere!

Joey, it's unlikely that Jade's parents will change and help her out. So you and your folks may be taking care of her for a long time. Or at least til she finds another dude.

Not hugely interested in Hope - maybe she can be put on the backburner for 6 months or so. Or Claire being the next bride, or the drama with Claire, Ciara, and Theo. I don't remember Scottie or David. Maybe it'll have to do with keeping Valerie in town a bit longer.

• Love 1

The Steve and Kayla parts today were heavenly.  Their vows were so perfect, and it was so apparent that they'd been heavily tweaked compared to the rest of the dialogue. The last scene in their bedroom (which, wow, actually exists) was so sweet and tender.  I liked that the whole day was all very down to earth, too, although since it was their first wedding in 27 years, they could have gone a little more OTT.  They called it a small wedding, but these DAYS to have that many guests was amazing.

All that was good, but Hope's storyline needs to take a fucking seat.  And my kingdom for some 80's flashbacks.  Sigh...

Edited by lska
  • Love 2

I read that SN and MBE worked with the writers on Steve & Kayla's vows and I believe it because it seemed so "real" unlike anything on the show right now.  They are the only reason why I haven't completely taken DOOL off the DVR.  I agree with others, I would have liked to have seen some flashbacks.  

I liked Paige as Jade, but I really do not like this new one (sorry, I don't know the name of the actress).  Paige had a little bit of vulnerability in her Jade, this one just seems to have a chip on her shoulder. 

I'm over the Hope show.  I always like KA, but I'm just tired of Hope.  

• Love 3

A question: when Shawn left with Belle a few months ago, didn't he quit the Salem PD and basically tell Raines to stuff it? If so, how did he end up working there again? When he first returned I got the impression that he wasn't working with the police department anymore, but upon reflection he definitely seemed to be involved with the hunt for Hope and answering to Raines once again. Did he get rehired? And isn't he more of a CSI guy rather than a cop who would go out on a manhunt anyways?

I'm also a little confused about the way St Luke's suddenly rematerialized in November. I had assumed it would be for the Brady/Theresa wedding or possibly for a Caroline funeral, but in the end they only used it for a few random scenes of Theresa in church with Shane and with JJ - which seemed completely forced and easily could have taken place anywhere else in town - and then used for the non-event that was Lucas's wedding to Adrienne - which practically no one attended and easily could have been held somewhere else as well. By comparison, the Kayla/Steve wedding was much larger and probably would have benefited from taking place at the church instead of a small bar.

...I just get the sense that something happened behind-the-scenes because I can't think of a good reason why the church had to be there in November...

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Rowan said:

Sigh.

When I watch Days, I still find myself comparing the crap it is now to its glorious 80's heyday. Thank heavens SN and MBE can still pull a little magic out of that hat. I hope that they manage to stay on to the end whenever that may be. 

I could watch them read a phone book to each other.  

• Love 1

I still need to watch The Wedding from yesterday, but I caught glimpses of today's show and was really underwhelmed with Valerie's acting. I had hoped that these dramatic turns would reveal her to be a stronger actress than I thought she was. Not so much. Some tears today would not have been inappropriate. Instead she looked like she was trying to conjure up an emotion and forgot how.

Can someone explain to me why Jade is still on the show right now? In a weird way I feel like her storyline for the last year has been stronger and more cohesive than anything the Legacy characters got...but I still don't think she has any purpose. She could disappear from the show tomorrow and I don't think anyone would bat an eye.

Edited by DisneyBoy

I watched the wedding online, then watched today's episode, so the episodes have blurred a bit together.

I enjoyed the Steve/Kayla wedding scenes.  And now, already, I can't remember what else happened yesterday.

The writing for Hope continues to annoy me.  Where was her reunion with her children, who were so worried about her just a few episodes ago. Shawn wasn't even at the wedding, was he? (guess BB's 13 weeks are up and he's gone again)  And Ciara was moping around all alone feeling like a wall flower. Hope had a scene with her grand-daughter, when Claire caught the bouquet, but did she even have a scene with Ciara.  But we got tons of scenes with her and Rafe.  And then to add insult to injury, they had their romantic reunion with music and dancing, not minutes after learning Julie's son/Hope's nephew(?) had died.  

Today when Paul and Adrienne barged into the Kiriakis mansion and were yelling at Deimos, for the first time I saw a "sparkle-free" version of Paul.  Hope we get to see that more serious side of him more often.

And the baby custody hearing, I'm still team Chloe.  Nicole is so badly written. She's not over losing the great love of her life, but at the same time is so "in love" with Deimos, that she risks losing her baby by staying with him.  

This, I know can't be helped, but I still miss John, especially when all the couples were dancing at the wedding and Marlena was sitting at the table with Paul. Think Drake is back in March. Can't come soon enough for me. Nor can July/August when the newest writer's work will start to air.

• Love 1

Dammit.  They killed off David just before his son shows up.  That's stupid.

Even if they don't know of Eli's connection to David, Valerie was involved with David and therefore of course she would have a reaction.

Why would Rafe be involved in notifying people about David's death?

David is Hope's nephew.  She should have been more emotional, instead of sexing up Rafe.

Paul, of course Deimos doesn't care about Sonny.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Wow, Hope finds out her nephew is dead and then runs off so she can slobber all over her precious Rafe. Gross.These assholes need to be backburnered for at least six months.

Not only that, but does Hope have any more concern over poor Annabelle, that sweet Asian girl she twice saved from being bullied by Coco and Sheila?  With her now free, she might be easier prey in there.

I'm guessing Valerie never told David that Eli was his son.  That's what her main cause of upset was about.

• Love 2

Seriously Days, we are killing David off screen now?  They couldn't come up with a cohesive storyline that involved him in Eli's reveal.  I'm assuming "David's death" is what will propel Eli's paternity reveal? 

• Love 1

Yeah, Hope, don't help out your step-mother/cousin etc. by supporting her or doing stuff for her - like calling folks, etc. Run off to dance with Rafiepoo.

Sparkle reminded me more of his Hawaii Five-O bad guy role today.

The whole going to court thing with Nicole and Chloe is a waste of taxpayers' dollars. Chloe has no right to keep another woman's biological child away from her because she doesn't like her current boyfriend. Deimos, it wasn't cool to try to buy off the judge. The whole dragging the river of their pasts was not really necessary. Both women aren't as pure as the unplowed snow. Chloe at least has her parents and their money to help her out. Daniel must have been a very wealthy doctor or had some good insurance to take care of Parker and Chloe - who doesn't have a j-o-b or any real prospects.

Don't remember the old David and Valerie storyline - and of course no one knows that Valerie and David had a son, who will soon arrive in Salem. Woo-hoo.

Julie kinda over-acted.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Michel said:

Not only that, but does Hope have any more concern over poor Annabelle, that sweet Asian girl she twice saved from being bullied by Coco and Sheila?  With her now free, she might be easier prey in there.

We're never going to hear about Annabelle again. I'd be surprised if we ever heard about Hattie again as well. Saint Hope the murderer is free from the evil clutches of the Salem criminal justice system and shouldn't be forced to concern herself with the people who helped her in prison. 

"Stefano" is missing so presumably the only proof the scooby gang have that he's still alive are some pictures. Only in Salem would that be enough to get Hope released. I also like how no one is addressing the fact that she still shot someone, even if it wasn't Stefano. 

• Love 2

Saint Hope is in dire need of a big karmic kick on her skinny behind. Maybe having to spend time with Rafe will be part of her punishment. Ideally she should be maybe working as a private security guard at this point. Nice to come back from jail and have a fancy dress for a wedding plus be able to stand up, considering her stitches and various infections.

Annabelle was just a day player and a minor plot device. Hope will be back in her house in no time.

Stefano showing up alive and only in photos and a brief jail appearance should raise some flags.

• Love 3

So are Valerie's unflattering clothes and hairstyle supposed to hide that she's a good decade too young for the part? (I looked it up.) I will say, she doesn't look like she could be Abe's daughter the way Lexi did at times. (Lexi sure as shit knew how to maintain a youthful appearance along with her mother.)

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

I also like how no one is addressing the fact that she still shot someone, even if it wasn't Stefano. 

It's probably too late now, but they should have, at some point, shown Hope waking up in the hospital and learning that she'd been in a coma ever since Aiden tried to strangle her on her wedding night, and that Bo's death,  Stefano's murder/coverup, Ciara's rape, Aiden's return, and the Rafe romance were all a nightmare. 

Of course that would mean a ton of re-writing, and Bo's absence would still need to be addressed, but it might help redeem Hope in the eyes of the fans who no longer like her.

• Love 7

They should have kept Aiden around as a good guy. He would have been an interesting husband for Hope in the long-term.

...I just figured out the reason for the awkwardness when Anna assumed she was invited to the Stayla wedding: she had shot Steve like two days earlier. I didn't remember that.

I hate how many people get shot/gravely injured under Dena's pen with no lasting consequences...JJ, Steve, Chloe, Hope...

• Love 1

You guys crack me up!  Happy to hear I'm not the only one sick of hope.  I was worried when the wedding resumed that the wedding wouldn't resume and it was just about hhope.  

NNice to see old Stephanie again but she looks like she met Joe five minutes ago.  I loved her happiness behind Kayla though.  The wedding rang true and well worth watching.  

Another poster mentioned this but it would be nice to see a Stefanie and Chloe confrontation.  Stefanie owes Chloe a huge face to face apology and it would tie in nice with what is going on with Chloe and Nicole at the moment.  Stefanie basically got off scott free with Caroline taking the brunt of the responsibility, which basically amounted to a lame apology to Daniel that was accepted within five minutes.  Chloe didn't even get an apology from Caroline.  It would be a nice full circle moment between them.

• Love 2

So I just watched the wedding episode and I have to do an about-face regarding Stephanie, who definitely beamed and teared up during the wedding and is a far better actress than that initial scene in the Pub would have indicated.

Joey, on the other hand, was so awful during the wedding vows I wanted Steve to push him to the floor. Did anyone else notice that moment when the actor put his arm around Steve's shoulder and just tried to hold it there only to have Steve sort of lurch forward a little bit to shrug it off as if to say "nice try Junior, but this isn't your scene"? I definitely saw that. It's a shame. I don't think the casting people were wrong to give him a chance because he looks so much like Steve and Kayla's kid but man he cannot act!

I wish Abe was not standing directly in front of the camera blocking us from seeing Steve and Kayla during certain moments. Very poor choreography there and just another indicator of the all-around lack of attention to detail this show gets.

That said, I definitely think this was the best wedding we've had in years on this show because so many important characters showed up and people were happy and it generally felt like Good Times. Carrie and Austin have served no purpose since they returned but I don't mind the flimsy excuse because we haven't seen them for so long. And to my surprise I did not mind the fact that it was set in a bar after all. It seemed really low key and fun and that's exactly how I think of Steve and Kayla as being.

Anna's scenes continue to be completely awful. It's a shame because I don't think the actress is the problem as much as the total lack of direction. When Andre the serial killer is sitting there seeming like the reasonable one, something is very off.

I couldn't help but notice that all of the young girls on the show are 'anorexia skinny', but Claire is especially terrifying. That girl needs to eat and I don't think anyone is telling her.

If the producers are smart they will never let go of Steve and Kayla again as the actors rise above all the material and you can really tell the rest of the cast appreciates them for it.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3

So the showm brings back a character, Valerie, who has been off canvass for so long, most viewers have no idea who she is.  She has a storyline involving Julie, a character who is mostly off-screen these days and her also, so long off the canvass that many viewers barely remember him, son.  They decide to kill David, the barely remembered or mentioned son, off screen to then reveal that he is the father of Valerie's son.  So we are getting a storyline that most viewers will have no connection to involving characters viewers have no connection to. Sadly, many dislike Julie, so she will not cause people to be invested in the story.  

Someone, please tell me whose idea this storyline was because it is barely underway and it already feels dead in the water.

By the way, that park scene with Marlena and Valerie was awful.  I'm surprised we didn't get the actress pulling back with her hand over her agape mouth, making the shocked breath sound as the background music went Dum, Dummm, Dummmmmm.  She was that bad in the scene. "David's son! Of yes, Scotty, I knew that's who you meant because he is David's son.  He is David's only son.  I mean what are you trying to imply, that I had David's child and never let him know and told said child whatever lie Higlemonster is going to pull out of her arse to try to make this story compelling."

19 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Yeah, Hope, don't help out your step-mother/cousin etc. by supporting her or doing stuff for her - like calling folks, etc. Run off to dance with Rafiepoo.

Julie is Hope's sister.  Making David Hope's nephew and her stepson, but your point about the continued awfulness of Hope is dead on.  I just want the new regime to back-burner/remove her and Rafe from the show for at least 6-9 months, because I no longer find even the slighted reason to watch a single scene she is in.

Wonder how long the show will use the wedding to keep Steve and Kayla off the show.  My great fear is how Higlemonster will screw over Kayla before the new team gets in place.  Higlemonster has never cared for, nor written Kayla well.  She was always team She Who Must Not Be Named.

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 2

Happytobehere, Hope is also sort of Julie's stepdaughter since her dad is kinda married to her sister and it is very confusing. I ff'd her and Rafe.

i am not sure I care that Valerie's son is now coming and his dad is dearly departed and didn't know about him. At this point, does anyone need to know?