Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Catching up on some episodes this week and I agree - Patrika Darbo is great. I don't remember liking her in Matchmaking/Meddling Mom mode, but in Protective Mama Bear mode she's great. It helps that she's telling Deimos to GTFO. Sooner that character is gone, the better.

AZ is doing great with the baby storyline. Glad they chose to go this route and finally give her a kid. Just wish Tan had no part in it.

Deidre Hall seems so bored and detached these days. Her line readings make Marlena perpetually sound like she's in an office meeting. Stefano might be alive - he who tried to push her out a window in their last conversation - and she's coming off like "the computer might have a virus. It's happened before. Man is this going to cost a lot of money."

I'd like a scene of Shawn calling Belle to warn her - she's essentially working for Stefano if he's still alive!

Even if they opt to say the Phoenix has risen again just to excuse Hope, I'm not sure why Stefano would have bothered with all this drama. Just to get Hope accused of murder and leave town secretly for medical treatments..? Why not just...leave town for medical treatments?

It might be useful for them to say they wanted Hope accused of murder so Aiden - who could be cleared of Hope's attempted murder since he technically never did it - could step in once she was behind bars, claim control over her money and then transfer it to Stefano to pay off his debts without anyone suspecting Stefano was involved. That would sorta make sense and put established continuity to use.

...I'm just baffled by Andre standing there listening to Rafe in the police station hypothesizing about how the body might have been a double with a different face, when Andre KNOWS Rafe was there in the house and  transfered the body himself!!

Does no one else besides Roman even know Rafe dragged Stefano's body around town? I hate that Andre is essentially protecting Rafe's rep here.  

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 5
43 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

...I'm just baffled by Andre standing there listening to Rafe in the police station hypothesizing about how the body might have been a double with a different face, when Andre KNOWS Rafe was there in the house and  transfered the body himself!!

Does no one else besides Roman even know Rafe dragged Stefano's body around town? I hate that Andre is essentially protecting Rafe's rep here.  

This.   I was half-watching, folding laundry when this scene occurred (I can barely stand Rafe in the best of circumstances, but when he's wearing his sneer I want to kick the tv) and heard him speak as if he hadn't been the one to move the body.  I guess he's still pretending he had nothing to do with it, or, even more likely, the writers have forgotten that he did.

• Love 2

I don't get the praise being heaped upon Nancy for her approach to dealing with Deimos.  Given that she is willingly keeping a woman from her child, and Deimos knows it, she can take as many seats as he can, AFAIC.  I do like Nancy, but this story makes her look just as bad as Chloe does.

6 hours ago, boes said:

This.   I was half-watching, folding laundry when this scene occurred (I can barely stand Rafe in the best of circumstances, but when he's wearing his sneer I want to kick the tv) and heard him speak as if he hadn't been the one to move the body.  I guess he's still pretending he had nothing to do with it, or, even more likely, the writers have forgotten that he did.

The writers know very well that he did.  But he can't out himself like that in public, and Andre made an agreement with Hope that he wouldn't out him, either.  I think he was just sticking to it.

Yay, hot English nurse.  Give her a name and a story, Show!

Whoever that was singing that song that Abigail wanted to dance to, was seriously off key.

One thing you can never accuse Kate of, is low self esteem.

Wow.  Dario is such an asshole,.

Damn, the Kate and Adrienne scenes are gold.

Anne!

• Love 3

Kate and Adrienne, yay.

I was going to say I was on team Chabi but that could be either one, ha, so I guess I'm on team Gad.  Wish that Abby would go away, and also wish her part was not SO FAR OVER on her head.  Geez.

Marlena is boring without John.

• Love 1

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that Failure thought she could just drop back into Chad's life and he wouldn't be angry that she let him think she was dead for months. I actually am a little surprised, though. I guess it's because this new actress makes her seem a little bit more human and a tiny bit more self aware than KM ever could.

• Love 3

I should dial back my comments about Deidre now that I've seen the actual episodes. She's actually okay. I think I just have gotten tired of her tics. Nice to see her and Brady share a scene though.

Gabby is starting to piss me off in the same way Abby used to. I just feel like she's ready to bone everything these days. Maybe it's her dresses.

• Love 1

Dario, try opening with the "I don't want you get hurt" part instead of the " are you being a goldigger Gabi?" when you are questioning your sister. She might respond better to the first part. The only thing I feel Gabi should have done differently is break up with JJ first before she moved on with Chad. 

Abigail give Chad his space.  He's not going to magically forget you pretended to be dead for 6 months. He needs some time. 

I wish Chloe  would have told Nicole about the baby but I'm glad Nancy has control right now. 

• Love 2

Disappointed the Steve/Kayla/Marlena memory lane scenes were cut.  Made them seem like extras, the way they were used this week.  There have been so many times when they have supposedly not been used because of budget, it makes these pointless group scenes really annoying to see.

• Love 1

Was today's episode extremely boring?  Maybe because I watched it live, but it seemed to go on forever, with nothing much happening.  Was the Lani reveal supposed to be a big thing? I was spoiled, so it wasn't for me.  I've said it before, but maybe I need to lay off the spoiler for a bit and see if that makes the episodes more enjoyable to watch.   

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, buffynut said:

Was today's episode extremely boring?  Maybe because I watched it live, but it seemed to go on forever, with nothing much happening.  Was the Lani reveal supposed to be a big thing? I was spoiled, so it wasn't for me.  I've said it before, but maybe I need to lay off the spoiler for a bit and see if that makes the episodes more enjoyable to watch.   

Anyone who has watched soaps for longer than a month should've realized the woman who JJ screwed was going to show up in Salem eventually. Add in Lani randomly coming back and acting cold towards him and it wasn't hard to figure out where this was going. And no, it wasn't just you who found this episode boring. I've found the show in general to be boring for awhile now. 

• Love 1

I give Derrick great credit for realizing that he was fighting a losing battle and having the self-awareness to walk away.

Marci Miller continues to be an improvement over Kate Mansi.  Kate could act, but Marci is just so much better at it.  I like her portrayal of Abigail so much more.  I buy what she is selling so much more than I bought it with Kate.

Lani is J.J.'s fling, huh?  Not surprised, since I was spoiled.  And the reveal was kind of lackluster, anyway.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, buffynut said:

Was today's episode extremely boring?  

Yes.....Oh GAWD yes!  The big reveals were so NOT, at least for me.

6 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Disappointed Derrick was brought back just to push bland and chemistry free Sonny and Sparkle together. 

Derrick is the only one of those three who has anything remotely resembling chemistry, and he has more with himself than either of those two do with themselves, the furniture, the plants or anything else.

So some Agent, or relative, or somebody, told Sparkle once upon a time that he had a million dollar smile.  And he believed it.  And he's used it now for every kind of scene, every single day, no matter what the storyline, the event, at some point he just can't help himself from dimpling up into some daytime version of a demented teletubbie.  Smiling is NOT the go-to response for every single emotion.  

If this is Sonny in unrequited love mode, then I'd hate to see him "don't give a shit" mode.  The only way to light a spark between him and Dimples McGrinny would be with a blowtorch.

47 minutes ago, Michel said:

Marci Miller continues to be an improvement over Kate Mansi.  Kate could act, but Marci is just so much better at it.  I like her portrayal of Abigail so much more.  I buy what she is selling so much more than I bought it with Kate.

I agree, very much.   I became conditioned for Abigail under Mansi's portrayal to inevitably start acting aggrieved, put upon, get moody and finally angry when things wouldn't go her way but I'm not seeing that petulance with Miller.  She seems oblivious to other people's feelings, but that's okay, that's part of who Abigail, as a spoiled princess would behave.   But she's no preening it over others, not slapping her way around town, not acting as if the world had no right to move on without her.

I laughed, though, when she said she was "talking to my grandma", meaning she was doing phone therapy, I guess, with Laura.  She'd be better off calling the airport for flight information, or sitting on hold with her bank than going to that woman for anything, especially therapy.

• Love 8

I was actually holding out hope that the mystery woman that JJ slept with would actually be Jade.  Leading into the baby being JJ's and not Joey's.  But Days decided to go an incredibly less interesting route and have it be Lani.  Why?  I have no clue.  I know JJ was supposedly drunk but he didn't realize that he slept with Lani someone who he knows and is a co-worker.  None of that rang a bell JJ. 

I couldn't be less interested in a JJ and Lani storyline.  If they were going to bring one of Abe's kids back why oh why couldn't they bring back Brandon.  Wouldn't it of made more sense to kill two birds with one stone with his character.  You get the building out of Abe's family and the AA cast members as well as adding storyline for Nicole.  I think it would also be interesting to see Brandon on the show without Lexie or Sami.  If Matt Cedeno doesn't want to come back re-cast. 

Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind a Brandon/Chloe romance. Especially if Matt Cedeno was back.  Talk about a gorgeous couple.

• Love 4

Lani, what do you expect? You would have had a pretty good idea that JJ was intoxicated if you had a one-night anything with him.  Why take a selfie with him?Why keep toddlers up so late? Surely Salem can have an 8:30 pm fireworks show for the little ones.

Chad and Tony at the Brady Pub?

So over Derrick and Sparkle and Sonny. Yeah, all of them have baggage.

Gabi, you have no idea if Chad will choose you over Abs. Give him some space and time to make the choice he wants to make. JJ made a mistake by not telling you that his sister was actually alive. Wasn't his choice to tell anyone. You will hold anything over him or anyone.

• Love 2

Gabi was sweet to Abigail today. I hope they manage not to go at one another's throats, but what are the odds of that on a soap? Pretty slim I'm guessing. 

I like Sonny, but Paul does nothing for me. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Rowan said:

Gabi was sweet to Abigail today. I hope they manage not to go at one another's throats, but what are the odds of that on a soap? Pretty slim I'm guessing. 

I like Sonny, but Paul does nothing for me. 

I'm expecting Abigail to revert to form and slap Gabi any time now.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, boes said:

Derrick is the only one of those three who has anything remotely resembling chemistry, and he has more with himself than either of those two do with themselves, the furniture, the plants or anything else.

So some Agent, or relative, or somebody, told Sparkle once upon a time that he had a million dollar smile.  And he believed it.  And he's used it now for every kind of scene, every single day, no matter what the storyline, the event, at some point he just can't help himself from dimpling up into some daytime version of a demented teletubbie.  Smiling is NOT the go-to response for every single emotion.  

If this is Sonny in unrequited love mode, then I'd hate to see him "don't give a shit" mode.  The only way to light a spark between him and Dimples McGrinny would be with a blowtorch.

I don't know what happened to Sonny while he was away but he's become increasingly less appealing to me since he's been back. I think it's a combination of the writers half baked attempt at turning him into some big boy Kiriakis and Freddie Smith's acting choices. Truthfully, I was getting tired of Sonny near the end of the triangle from hell, with him constantly telling Sparkle he didn't want him while also giving him longing looks, and things have only gotten worse. Maybe he only looked good in comparison to Pod Will. 

10 hours ago, boes said:

I agree, very much.   I became conditioned for Abigail under Mansi's portrayal to inevitably start acting aggrieved, put upon, get moody and finally angry when things wouldn't go her way but I'm not seeing that petulance with Miller.  She seems oblivious to other people's feelings, but that's okay, that's part of who Abigail, as a spoiled princess would behave.   But she's no preening it over others, not slapping her way around town, not acting as if the world had no right to move on without her.

I agree that Failure is less rancid as played by Miller, but I took issue with her questioning Gabi as to whether or not she would stand in the way of her and Chad getting back together, as if Gabi is some interloper keeping true love apart. Whatever is happening between Gabi and Chad is mutual and they would've never gotten together in the first place if she hadn't let everyone think she was dead. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

I agree that Failure is less rancid as played by Miller, but I took issue with her questioning Gabi as to whether or not she would stand in the way of her and Chad getting back together, as if Gabi is some interloper keeping true love apart. Whatever is happening between Gabi and Chad is mutual and they would've never gotten together in the first place if she hadn't let everyone think she was dead. 

I totally agree.  Gabi wasn't chasing after Chad.  They just mutually developed feelings.  Plus, Gabi has been pretty gracious about this situation.   She has been trying to stay out of whatever happens with Chad and Abigail.   She's kind to Abigail even though she's clearly angry and hurt over the situation.

Abigail has been pretty lucky.  Chad could have had a way worse reaction.  He could have thrown her out if his house, restricted her access to her child and got a lawyer to use her abandonment and lies against her to get full custody.  Chad's angry but he's let Abigail stay in the house and spend as much time with Thomas as she wants.  Plus, he was willing to listen to her side of things.   All he asked is that she give him time because he's angry and doesn't know if he can trust her.   It's ridiculous the way she's refusing to give him any space or time before pushing so much to get romantic again.   I  feel like she should just be relieved Chad's been generous in his response despite his anger.  I suspect Gabi's the reason that Abigail won't  give Chad the space he's asking for.  I think she's panicking and trying to reassert her place to make sure Gabi doesn't have a strong hold on Chad's heart.  I don't think Abigail would be pushing Chad so hard if she wasn't feeling jealous of what Chad and Gabi might have.

Edited by Luckylyn
  • Love 8

That PaulSon kiss was a long time coming, but finally!  Good for Derrick for pushing them into it.

Was his line "Just kiss already because I'm seconds away from falling into a coma"? Even Derrick has seemed bored this go-around. And did they really not have him shirtless at all this time? His acting is decent but he was in killer shape from what I remember. At this point, few characters on this show are... (Gabi, JJ, Nicole, Jade and maybe Theo) ...so why waste this opportunity?

I don't know what happened to Sonny while he was away but he's become increasingly less appealing to me since he's been back. I think it's a combination of the writers half baked attempt at turning him into some big boy Kiriakis and Freddie Smith's acting choices.

Apparently the actor is part of some face cream pyramid scheme lifestyle BS when he's not on camera. I wonder if it's affected his focus. The writing stinks though. They're this DOA obligatory gay couple with no real story.

• Love 2
On 12/31/2016 at 10:15 AM, DisneyBoy said:

Was his line "Just kiss already because I'm seconds away from falling into a coma"? Even Derrick has seemed bored this go-around. And did they really not have him shirtless at all this time? His acting is decent but he was in killer shape from what I remember. At this point, few characters on this show are... (Gabi, JJ, Nicole, Jade and maybe Theo) ...so why waste this opportunity?

Apparently the actor is part of some face cream pyramid scheme lifestyle BS when he's not on camera. I wonder if it's affected his focus. The writing stinks though. They're this DOA obligatory gay couple with no real story.

I blame Freddie Smith hair. Ever since he parted his hair in the side he's been sooooo boring. LOL!!! Seriously though, I thought there would have been more impact of Sonny returning but he (the character/an actor) have been terribly written and acted. I'm not sure what the disconnect is. Maybe, Sonny ain't all that without Will. And, when I say Will I mean Chandler Massey's Will. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Sandman said:

I wish the show would reintroduce Brian. I thought Freddie Smith had real chemistry with Brant Daugherty, almost as much as he did with Massey.

For a minute, I thought you were referring to Brian Scofield, Vern's son, as played by Robert Mailhouse. Which I thought was really random!

Freddie hasn't had chemistry with anyone since he came back. There were a few moments with Chad, but I chalk that up to Billy making most every scene work by strength of will alone. 

Who is Brian?

• Love 1

Brian (did he even have a last name?) was friend of Sonny's who made a play for him at the point where Will and Sonny weren't together yet, or were broken up, or Will was pretty busy hating himself, and his mom, and getting drunk and sleeping with Gabi -- it was a whole thing. Brian was a bit of an operator, but he did eventually take no for an answer, unlike some sparkly people I could name.

I had forgotten completely that Robert Mailhouse's character was named Brian! Didn't he turn into one of Salem's ever-so-many sexually obsessive, strangler-y nutcases?

• Love 1

Also, I believe Brian (Sonny's friend) was the first guy that Will made out with before he got with Sonny?  I remember a lot of us on the board did like Brian.  There was also the other two gay guys that Sonny was friends with during Will's coming out story.  Sonny would invite Will out with him and his friends as a way for Will to spend time with other gay men.  I remember Brian along with the other guys were really fun characters that weren't stereotypical.  Seeing them on the show before Will came out gave some of us some hope that the storyline was in good hands.  Brian and the other two guys sort of disappeared shortly after unfortunately.

6 hours ago, Sandman said:

I had forgotten completely that Robert Mailhouse's character was named Brian! Didn't he turn into one of Salem's ever-so-many sexually obsessive, strangler-y nutcases?

No, Brian Scofield was a cop on the Salem PD and I remember he had a dog. He also dated Ginger, the mother of the girl his brother, Tanner (played by a young Michael Easton) had a thing for, Molly. (How do I remember this? I have no idea! But I do.) All I recall was Brian fading from the canvas. Maybe he even left town with Ginger? But he was a sort of goofy good guy while Tanner was all "edgy" and emo. Here's a video of the four:

9 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

No, they were different characters.  The guy Will made out with was played by Kris Kristoferson's son.

That character was called Neil; I think the scene where Will got drunk and smoochy (I told you it was a whole big thing!) was Jesse Kristofferson's last appearance.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 2

The new actress playing Abigail is fairly multi-faceted. She seems to flit between different aspects of Abigail's personality pretty easily, and it seems she's incorporated every different version of Abigail that's been played into one person (I can see shades of the kid version of Abigail and Ashley Benson's AND Kate Mansi's version as well as whatever the current incarnation is supposed to be). I thought Abigail was psycho cray-cray like KM's version when she talked about watching Gabi and Chad the whole time, and not understanding at all what effect that could have on Gabi. But at the same time I can see how this version of Abigail could be genuinely fragile like her grandmother was.   I can see Jennifer in her too.  I find that ability to shift  gears quite impressive. She is walking a hard line trying to juggle all the multiple versions of Abigail. And she seems to be doing it in a skilled and effortless way.  But OMG, the writing is so bad. How can Abigail say that it was hard to see Chad moving on with her best friend when she slept with two brothers? WTF. Maybe we're supposed to forget EJ and Abigail's relationship ever existed. When Abigail started to move in on Chad with the kiss, I could see a seductive side to the new actress which I wasn't expecting (maybe because the make-up artists don't seem to want to put much make-up on her? KM's version wore so much make-up I wondered if the entire make-up budget was reserved only  for her while everybody else had to make do with the make-up in their bathroom cabinets). 

I think Chad has chemistry with BOTH Abigail and Gabi. Therefore, I think this could be a bona-fide triangle IF the writing weren't so stinky. The writing is let all of the actors down.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4
Just now, bantering said:

How can Abigail say that it was hard to see Chad moving on with her best friend when she slept with two brothers? WTF. Maybe we're supposed to forget EJ and Abigail's relationship ever existed.

Pretty sure the writers would like us to forget that ever happened; I think, as I've said before, that the temptation to treat recasting as a complete remake of the character is irresistible for this lot.

It's like the lady said: "But in such cases as these, a good memory is unpardonable."

• Love 2
4 hours ago, bantering said:

The new actress playing Abigail is fairly multi-faceted. She seems to flit between different aspects of Abigail's personality pretty easily, and it seems she's incorporated every different version of Abigail that's been played into one person (I can see shades of the kid version of Abigail and Ashley Benson's AND Kate Mansi's version as well as whatever the current incarnation is supposed to be). I thought Abigail was psycho cray-cray like KM's version when she talked about watching Gabi and Chad the whole time, and not understanding at all what effect that could have on Gabi. But at the same time I can see how this version of Abigail could be genuinely fragile like her grandmother was.   I can see Jennifer in her too.  I find that ability to shift  gears quite impressive. She is walking a hard line trying to juggle all the multiple versions of Abigail. And she seems to be doing it in a skilled and effortless way.  But OMG, the writing is so bad. How can Abigail say that it was hard to see Chad moving on with her best friend when she slept with two brothers? WTF. Maybe we're supposed to forget EJ and Abigail's relationship ever existed. When Abigail started to move in on Chad with the kiss, I could see a seductive side to the new actress which I wasn't expecting (maybe because the make-up artists don't seem to want to put much make-up on her? KM's version wore so much make-up I wondered if the entire make-up budget was reserved only  for her while everybody else had to make do with the make-up in their bathroom cabinets). 

I think Chad has chemistry with BOTH Abigail and Gabi. Therefore, I think this could be a bona-fide triangle IF the writing weren't so stinky. The writing is let all of the actors down.

Yeah, I agree... I find myself asking all the time now with this show, "But what's the story?"

Aww aren't the (attempted) murderer and her accomplice so precious? I vomited during their scenes. 

Is Failure supposed to be unstable right now? I mean, I've always thought she was crazy, but I don't think the writers wanted me to feel that way. Now it seems like they're actively making her cuckoo. 

I'm fine with Jade having a miscarriage since she should've never been pregnant in the first place, but having it happen on new years and RIGHT AFTER she shares a nice moment with Joey and his family seems a bit cruel. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 1

I think Abigail is unbalanced.
Did she really think by trying to give Chad sex,  he would turn the corner on their marriage?   This isn't EJ we talking about here.   She actually said "he loves me" after she left the bedroom.  Is Chad giving you all that vibe?  I think dude is really making it clear hes confused and needs to rebuild trust with Failure. 

As for Gabi and JJ,  I liked the parallel in these scenes.   Because it is showing that Gabi is - while she has a right to be pissed at by JJ and Lani -  she is now the side chick between Chad/Failure, which will will make her a hypocrite as the story continues.  JJ sleeping with Lani was Gabi's perfect exit into finally trying to make a play for Chad. 

I know I might be in the minority,  but happy Jade lost the baby.  This will only make for better story between she and Joey instead of she having a kid in the first place. 

Hope getting attacked was a nice little cliffhanger to end the show. 

Overall this was a good episode to start a short work. 

Though I'm glad they discontinued the Jade/Joey pregnancy sl, I'm sorry to see it end in a miscarriage.  Though it makes for better sl opportunities going forward, they made me warm up to them as a couple and potential young parents.  Now Jade will probably just ride off into the sunset into obscurity. 

• Love 1

When Abigail breathily urged Chad to just, "Do it, please!" I was like me too, girl, me too. He has such beautiful eyes. I think I'm in the Abby/Chad camp. Until, she screws it up, anyway.

I'd like to see the actress in some scenes with other people. I like her. 

JJ looked quite handsome and appropriately apologetic today, but I wouldn't forgive him either. 

I ff straight through all the jail b.s.

• Love 1

So I guess Caroline is in LA with Kim and Shane?

Lani has no business being all butthurt with JJ.  She slept with a guy she knew was in a relationship.  A guy who was so drunk he didn't remember it happening.  She didn't realize how drunk he was?

Gee, how nice of Abigail to understand why Chad is angry.  That's awful understanding of her.

Please, Abigail, explain how you pretending to be dead is different from Stefano pretending to be dead.

• Love 4

I haven't been keeping up on a daily basis, but I know most of the general plots. What did JJ's actor do to the writers is my question. Why is he stuck with this horrible storyline? When did he have a partner? (I'm assuming they mean as a cop.) He was always wandering around by himself doing whatever it is Salem cops do, and I don't recall Lani (or even a previous actress) attached to him. At least with the Mother/daughter thing, which was all sorts of wrong, we got to see his misbehavior. Here the whole cheating thing happened offscreen, and he doesn't even remember? Did she not turn around? I'm confused.

It's too bad that Chad's father keeps coming back from the dead, because, otherwise, he has some valid reasons to be angry with Abby.

• Love 1

Yeah, I think this Abigail might genuinely be cuckoo-for-cocoa puffs. Which I suppose makes me feel a bit sorry for her.

The other one (KM's version) always gave me the vibe of being  a  bad person on some level, I feel. Or striving to be one. It appeared as though she actively enjoyed breaking morals (the active enjoyment made me think she was somewhat bad, not necessarily the breaking of the morals which everyone on this show has done at some point.) This one however seems ill, not necessarily bad. 

I don't think Gabi was a side chick though. I mean, it's not like she had any idea that Abigail was alive. In the future, she might make a play for Chad, but Chad will most likely separate from Abigail in some fashion since it doesn't appear he really wants anything to do with his wife. It's dawned on him that Abigail probably wasn't worth marrying in the first place. Though I do believe Abigail sleeping with EJ should have been the straw that broke the camel's back. But, yeah, I know we're supposed to forget that. I guess I kind of can since this one doesn't look in heat all the time like KM's version did.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, bantering said:

Though I do believe Abigail sleeping with EJ should have been the straw that broke the camel's back. But, yeah, I know we're supposed to forget that. I guess I kind of can since this one doesn't look in heat all the time like KM's version did.

Even if you ignore Failure screwing EJ, Chad should still remember being beaten into a coma and accused of being a serial killer, then almost being burned alive,  thanks to Failure's jealous fiance Ben.

I'm not watching regularly so I may have missed scenes that would change my take, but DAMN, JJ, run as far away as fast as you can from Gabi AND Lani. 

So the hell WHAT, Gabi, that he didn't take you to Miami with him?  It wasn't a vacation.  Yeah, he got loaded and had sex with someone else and yeah it was a definite betrayal but knock it off with the deflection.   You've been messing around with Chad emotionally and, to an extent, physically, for a helluva long time. 

JJ cheated ONCE, whereas Gabi has been carrying on with Chad on several different levels for a long long time - and was doing so, what?, yesterday in Salem time?  So STFU and then STFU again.

Side note - Camilla Banus' acting is pretty terrible when she has to do dramatic scenes.  Banter, flirting, the sibling stuff, she's good.  Drama, not so much.

Just let me say, STFU one more time to Gabi.

And Lani is a real piece of work, too.   She had a one night stand with her extremely drunk ex partner and she's all upset he doesn't remember her?  Maybe it wasn't so memorable or maybe he doesn't remember her any more than most of the viewers do. 

JJ would be better off staying far away from these two and settling for a blow up doll instead.

So Nu Abby is just as delusional, just as prone to seeing things only as how they affect her as old Abby was, I take it.  Side note - she looks a lot like Guy Wilson in a Veronica Lake wig.

Jade and Joey are the best Show can do for their young love duo.  And to think I complained about Paige Larson.........

One more time - Gabi, STFU.

• Love 6

I know Gabi has every right to dump JJ, but I, too, think she needs to have seat. She gave him second chance for two seconds because she was settling. She wants Chad. Hell, she wanted Chad. She just didn't want to admit it. 

She would've dumped him for leaving the toilet seat up, if she hadn't overheard him and Jennifer. Plus, the writing isn't there to sell any real regret over the loss of the relationship for her, for me anyway. She just seems super pissed at JJ, but heartbroken over Chad. 

• Love 2

The Horton Town Square or Salem Park has a few benches for Gabi. Until Chad expressed any interest in her, JJ was Mr. Right Now. Til someone better came along. Her brother is a cop - she would not be happy with a police officer spouse. Girl likes nice things. She took no part of the blame for the relationship failing. She will also dump Chad.

Lani isn't much better. She is an adult and she certainly would have seen that JJ was drunk. And not in a good place with learning of his sister's 'death'. Talk to him privately and not some public blow-up. No one was in the right.

With no baby, maybe Jade can show some promise as a young woman.

Abs disappearance and faked death - she is not a serial faker like Stefano.  She thinks she is a good person. Probably still needs significant professional care. And she should be understanding that Chad has every right to be angry with her.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, boes said:

I'm not watching regularly so I may have missed scenes that would change my take, but DAMN, JJ, run as far away as fast as you can from Gabi AND Lani. 

So the hell WHAT, Gabi, that he didn't take you to Miami with him?  It wasn't a vacation.  Yeah, he got loaded and had sex with someone else and yeah it was a definite betrayal but knock it off with the deflection.   You've been messing around with Chad emotionally and, to an extent, physically, for a helluva long time. 

JJ cheated ONCE, whereas Gabi has been carrying on with Chad on several different levels for a long long time - and was doing so, what?, yesterday in Salem time?  So STFU and then STFU again.

Side note - Camilla Banus' acting is pretty terrible when she has to do dramatic scenes.  Banter, flirting, the sibling stuff, she's good.  Drama, not so much.

Just let me say, STFU one more time to Gabi.

And Lani is a real piece of work, too.   She had a one night stand with her extremely drunk ex partner and she's all upset he doesn't remember her?  Maybe it wasn't so memorable or maybe he doesn't remember her any more than most of the viewers do. 

JJ would be better off staying far away from these two and settling for a blow up doll instead.

So Nu Abby is just as delusional, just as prone to seeing things only as how they affect her as old Abby was, I take it.  Side note - she looks a lot like Guy Wilson in a Veronica Lake wig.

Jade and Joey are the best Show can do for their young love duo.  And to think I complained about Paige Larson.........

One more time - Gabi, STFU.

I love your post and I have never cared for Gabi.  Have Chad and Gabi, ever discussed their turbulent past? She did ruin his relationship with Melanie  and he did the same thing with her and Nick.  The fact that they have feelings for each other seems so rush...This is Dena, she has no idea, how to pace a story properly.

Abby was always a bit off and it did not start with Kate Mansi's version.  I remember Ashley Benson's version,  was obsessive and mercurial like Nick.  It is why she had such a close bond with him, they got each other.   The Johnson darkness that is in Abigail should have been embraced by the writers, in their characterization of her. The writers tried to make her into a typical heroine, like her mom and it never worked, based on Abigail's history. She should have been a grey character like Jack. 

Lani seems like a nut job. The type of girl that gets clingy with a guy, after, he screws her real good. Men don't like clingy women.  It makes them run away.  First Shawn and now JJ.  She is pathetic.. Based on the deleted scenes, she became obsessive with Shawn and hated Belle and Claire.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

I love your post and I have never cared for Gabi.  Have Chad and Gabi, ever discussed their turbulent past? She did ruin his relationship with Melanie and he did the same thing with her and Nick.

Your history's a fair bit off.  Gabi did play some part in Chad and Melanie going kaput, but Chad played his own part in it, for sure, by a.) beating Nick to a near-pulp over something he didn't do and b.) lying to Melanie about what Gabi had done to meddle in their relationship.  And all Chad did was ruin Nick and Gabi's wedding.  Everything else that ended their relationship was all Nick.

• Love 1