Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Was that on this week?  Today's was the first of this week's episodes I've been able to watch.

Pretty sure it was. I do let them build up, though, then fast forward/watch them in bunches. So, I'm not totally certain. 

I miss Theresa. I'm barely hanging on right now. 

• Love 1
On 12/19/2016 at 4:55 PM, JBC344 said:

Renee's drop the mike moment.  Phliece Sampler was always fantastic as Renee.  She did an Afterbuzz spotlight on interview a few months ago and talked so kindly and fondly about Days.  She would love to come back.  Please find a way to bring back Renee Dimera.  The Dimera's need a female matriarch.

I will always love Renee. I like Tony with Anna, but they paled in comparison to Tony and Renee. I always found Anna being oblivious to the Tony/Andre switch while Renee died because she spotted it right away quite telling about both women and their feelings for Tony.  Renee wanted Tony and his love, Anna wanted to win the battle for Tony.

• Love 5

Why is it that on soaps, "going incognito" invariably translates to "dressing to attract as much attention as possible"? As boes points out above, Abigail's all-black ensemble, including a ginormous hat, looks like it came from the Joan Collins Woman Of Mystery Collection (exclusively for Marshall's). Does everyone in town know of her existence now except poor clueless Chad? Subtlety, thy name is not Abigail J. Deveraux. (See also Kristen's Electric Day-Glo Acid Test Crazy Skankwear "disguise" for molesting Brady -- I mean, come on, lady!)

Do I dare ask why Dummy Phillip is making Grinch faces upthread? I'm probably better off not knowing.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 5

Question - What's the difference between Chloe passed out, and her acting her heart out?  Because I don't see one.  There's low energy and then there's Nadia Bjorlin.

Don't hit Sparkle in the dimples, Dario!  NOT THE DIMPLES!!  They're like the gateway to another dimension, one of space and time we call the Sparkle Zone.....

The new actress is miles less annoying than Mansi was, but damn, Abigail is just as awful now as she was before.  The only thing missing is her slap hand.  Even JJ sort of told her she's a massive pain in the ass today.

I'd love it if she'd slap on that 10 gallon hat of hers and go out on the town in disguise and then get her head caught in a doorway because the hat is damn big it can't fit through.  

Oh.the.drama.

• Love 9

Abigail would be more incognito if she wore sweats or some sort of athletic wear and a baseball cap. The Woman in Black would kinda stand out during the holiday season. She'd be better off dressed as an elf!

I'd be screaming like Chloe if a 15 lb baby came out of me. There also didn't seem to be any sort of er, mess. Nicole also looked too clean. Of course, Nicole should hold her own daughter that she knows nothing about. It is kinda nice to see a female friendship on the show.

A city like Chicago would have proper road clearing crews out in any major snowstorm. I live in a winter city and the crews and the contracted plows/sanders are out pronto salting and sanding the roads and plowing. Most would be done overnight to clear the main roads/hills/bridge decks. This whole helicopter thing is stupid. Brady's snowmobile isn't much better. Just find a big truck that has its own plow and there ya go.

Gabi, yep, JJ isn't the man you want. Chad is more suited to you and what you want and need.

SparklePaul, the PI biz may not be quite your alley. Dario, you also need to shut up real fast before you look like you have even more to hide.

• Love 3

Did anyone else find Philece Sampler's voice kind of whiny? I never saw her play Renée. I only know her from the brief time Another World hired her to try to replace Anna Stuart as Donna Love, which was pretty much a disaster. I might be biased.

3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I think you mean Eric. And wasn't she wearing blue?

Oops! I do mean Eric. (I guess her relationship with Blockhead Black also disturbed me.) But I would have sworn her blouse was yellow. (Don't make me go back and look. Please.)

42 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Did anyone else find Philece Sampler's voice kind of whiny? I never saw her play Renée. I only know her from the brief time Another World hired her to try to replace Anna Stuart as Donna Love, which was pretty much a disaster. I might be biased.

I do think it could be whiny or high pitched when she was playing "excited/angry" Renee but for the most part she came across more subtle, but I see what you mean from the clip above.

Oops! I do mean Eric. (I guess her relationship with Blockhead Black also disturbed me.) But I would have sworn her blouse was yellow. (Don't make me go back and look. Please.)

No need - I get now what you were remembering: her hideous canary yellow beach shirt from the morning of her first wedding to Brady, ruined by Marlena's photograph. That was unforgivably ugly.

And yet Eileen still overcame it to kill the scene and win an Emmy.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

There is a soap opera rule that all babies must be born under emergency situations.

Absolutely! The only delivery I can think of that was not under duress was Nicole's on B&B earlier this year.

16 hours ago, Rowan said:

Is the mystery woman JJ slept with Lani?

No spoilers here, but I am thinking yes. SOD's Days summary said Lani felt like JJ gave her the cold shoulder. I didn't really get that when watching it, but I think it's the set up for the ONS to be with Lani, definitely.

Also, why was Deimos asking for more specific information to get to Nicole and Chloe? She told him the name of the motel and the road it is on. Just Google it for the precise location!

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Happytobehere said:

I will always love Renee. I like Tony with Anna, but they paled in comparison to Tony and Renee. I always found Anna being oblivious to the Tony/Andre switch while Renee died because she spotted it right away quite telling about both women and their feelings for Tony.  Renee wanted Tony and his love, Anna wanted to win the battle for Tony.

I see your point about Tony/Renee..I loved them as well. However, I have a special love for Anna.  I think while Anna did have selfish reasons to be with Tony. She did want to best Renee. Once she grew up a bit, she loved Tony just as much as Renee, if not more, in some ways.  Her reunion with Tony, was divine in 2007, when she accompanied John and Marlena, to rescue him, from that island.. She risked her life for him. Anna and Renee were both complex women, for different reasons. Let's not forget that Renee caused Anna to lose her son with Tony.  I was hoping that when EJ first came on the show, that, he was the long lost son, of Tony and Anna, raised by Stefano. I remember that Carrie felt a connection to him and I was hoping that was because he was her brother. Nothing came out of it.. I always felt that Chad should have been the son that Susan had with Stefano and not EJ.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I'd be screaming like Chloe if a 15 lb baby came out of me. There also didn't seem to be any sort of er, mess. Nicole also looked too clean. Of course, Nicole should hold her own daughter that she knows nothing about. It is kinda nice to see a female friendship on the show.

I thought the same thing. That baby was huge! And too clean. 

And what was Nicole wearing? A tank top in the middle of winter? Even if you have a coat on it seems a pretty odd choice.

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 10:07 PM, boes said:

Nice to see Abe getting story but frankly, I don't like Valerie either, she seems just a bit too smug.

Uh . . . huh?  I watched their scenes twice and didn't detect any smugness from her.  Not a hint of it.

Anyway, I had to play catch up with the last few episodes since I was out of town this past week, and I've gotta say, I continue to be glad with how they're rebuilding the black presence on this show.  I'm glad Abe finally has something to do, since James Reynolds is too good of an actor to be wasted on the backburner.  And while Vanessa Williams does have some weak points, I think she's been good as Valerie, and I think she and James have very good chemistry.  Not scorching, by any means, but still nice and easy.  And while I don't know the actress's name, I like the new Lani, and honestly, she'll be a good counter to Theo's rampant, unearned hate for Valerie.  I did like how she tried to talk him down.  To her credit, she actually looked like she was nearly getting through to him about Valerie.

That said, this Eli has to be her son.  He's totally going to be her son, isn't he?  If he is, Theo is going to be left with so much egg on his face.  Claire, as well, but Theo, especially.

I hate to say this, as one of Abigail's few fans (on this board), but my sympathy for her is waning greatly.  Her cowardice is complicating Jennifer's life, and it's just torpedoed J.J.'s life.  And she doesn't seem sorry about either instance.  I was glad that J.J. actually lost his patience and finally called her out.  "Wimpy" was too gentle of a word to use, though.

She is right about Gabi, though -- if she couldn't just confront J.J. directly instead of run off to Chad, she didn't care enough about him at all.  She was just looking for an excuse to see Chad.

They just need to let Nicole know that she's the mother of Chloe's baby, already.  They really do.  But I'm glad that she finally has her baby.  And it's a girl, no less!

So Philip is gone.  Again.  I have a love-hate relationship with John-Paul's acting, as sometimes, he can be really, really good, and sometimes, he can be really, really bad.  There's almost no in-between for him.  I hope he does find something that's more suited to his strengths.

Joey and Jade . . . I guess this is to help Joey work his way back to loving Jade again.  Whatever.

I did like Adrienne and Kate.  But Lucas just needs to give up.  In the end, Adrienne will pick Justin, because that's what she always does.

That sums up my game of catchup.

• Love 1

Of course the writers rush to have Gabi and Chad say ILY right before Failure ruins everything. Would have felt at least a little less rushed if they had ended Gabi/JJ sooner so Gabi and Chad could've gone on a date or two. 

Not surprised Lucas wasn't allowed to make an appearance at the Horton ornament hanging. 

Would be nice if Deimos remember that Chloe was his alleged friend at one point and at least pretend to be concerned that she might die. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Michel said:

I like the new Lani, and honestly, she'll be a good counter to Theo's rampant, unearned hate for Valerie.  I did like how she tried to talk him down.  To her credit, she actually looked like she was nearly getting through to him about Valerie.

It's the same actress playing Lani.  Speaking of which, noticed she didn't accept a drink.  Another baby on board?

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, buffynut said:

It's the same actress playing Lani.  Speaking of which, noticed she didn't accept a drink.  Another baby on board?

They brought Saleisha Stowers back?  I'd heard they were recasting!

• Love 1

I just came on here to ask what I missed with JJ and Lani to make her so frosty to him. Now it makes sense...
Horton Christmases always get to me, so I enjoyed today.

Speaking of, didn't Gabi already have an ornament? Either via Nick or Ariana? Also, have Valerie and Julie acknowledged one another? I noticed Valerie's nod at David's ornament, but wondered if I missed something more substantial.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, shesajar said:

Speaking of, didn't Gabi already have an ornament? Either via Nick or Ariana? Also, have Valerie and Julie acknowledged one another? I noticed Valerie's nod at David's ornament, but wondered if I missed something more substantial.

Gabi's ornament via her marriage to Nick got destroyed.

As for Julie and Valerie, they have acknowledged each other way back in October.  Valerie was a little bit frosty, likely due to their history from the '70s.  They also had scenes last week on Friday, but Valerie still felt a bit uneasy around Julie.

• Love 1

Even though it is way too soon for I love you's I found Chad's I love you to Gabi to be real in that moment. I'm not saying he's in love, but more like he's genuinely happy and feeling alive for the first time in months and that's what he loves. So it's only natural he'd equate that to how he feels for Gabi since she's been instrumental in allowing him to access those feelings.  

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Sandman said:

Why is it that on soaps, "going incognito" invariably translates to "dressing to attract as much attention as possible"? As boes points out above, Abigail's all-black ensemble, including a ginormous hat, looks like it came from the Joan Collins Woman Of Mystery Collection (exclusively for Marshall's). Does everyone in town know of her existence now except poor clueless Chad? Subtlety, thy name is not Abigail J. Deveraux. (See also Kristen's Electric Day-Glo Acid Test Crazy Skankwear "disguise" for molesting Brady -- I mean, come on, lady!)

Do I dare ask why Dummy Phillip is making Grinch faces upthread? I'm probably better off not knowing.

Yeah, but Kristen wanted to be seen so that she could make people think it was Nicole who raped him.

They didn't bother to invite Sonny or to have Arianna come, but they complain about no Chad and Thomas, huh?

Loved the expression on Valerie's face when they showed David's ornament.

Aw, I was hoping Nicole would name the baby Candy Cane, then she could grow up to be a stripper.

Jeez, Abigail is stupid.

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Yeah, but Kristen wanted to be seen so that she could make people think it was Nicole who raped him.

I don't remember the part where Kristen tried to shift the blame onto Nicole. Why the funky accent and ridiculous wig? Was she also trying to make people think that Nicole was a moron? And also insane? (Honestly, I've tried to block out as much as I could about that whole plotline. It's clearly not working.)

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I see your point about Tony/Renee..I loved them as well. However, I have a special love for Anna.  I think while Anna did have selfish reasons to be with Tony. She did want to best Renee. Once she grew up a bit, she loved Tony just as much as Renee, if not more, in some ways.  Her reunion with Tony, was divine in 2007, when she accompanied John and Marlena, to rescue him, from that island.. She risked her life for him. Anna and Renee were both complex women, for different reasons. Let's not forget that Renee caused Anna to lose her son with Tony.  I was hoping that when EJ first came on the show, that, he was the long lost son, of Tony and Anna, raised by Stefano. I remember that Carrie felt a connection to him and I was hoping that was because he was her brother. Nothing came out of it.. I always felt that Chad should have been the son that Susan had with Stefano and not EJ.

Your theory on EJ is a great way to explain that scene between Carrie and EJ when they meet.  Of course the scene played more like Carrie had knew EJ during her time in Europe, but was nothing more of a hint that he was Elvis Dimera. 

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I don't remember the part where Kristen tried to shift the blame onto Nicole. Why the funky accent and ridiculous wig? Was she also trying to make people think that Nicole was a moron? And also insane? (Honestly, I've tried to block out as much as I could about that whole plotline. It's clearly not working.)

She registered in the hotel under Nicole's mother's name.

1 minute ago, Silver Raven said:

She registered in the hotel under Nicole's mother's name.

Ohh! I think I didn't recognize her name when it was given; but I'm sure it was discussed here at that time. Thanks for the clarification.

5 hours ago, Sandman said:E

Do we think that Carrie's initial reaction was because the writers were laying the groundwork for making Elvis the son of Anna and Tony, thought to be lost, but that plot twist was later abandoned?

You know what, it sounds great but honestly I think we might be giving the writers too much credit.  I think the scene was just supposed to play out that EJ seemed familiar to Carrie because he was Elvis, Susan's son.  Also coupled with the fact that EJ was supposed to be famous at the time.  I don't think we were supposed to infer anything else from that scene.  It was just such a strange scene the way James and Christie played it. 

What would of made more sense was maybe a throw away line about Carrie and Mike visiting Susan and a teenage Elvis a few years ago to maybe explain why he looked so familiar. 

• Love 1

God, Abigail, how can we miss you if YOU WON'T GO AWAY?

I had Show on while I was wrapping presents, so I missed some things.  I thought Gabi was there for dinner, so why did she and Chad end up in bed instead of in the dining room?  I'm sure they could have had sex there, Harold's seen worse.  

And speaking of worse, why was baby Thomas dressed like a Christmas ham?

And speaking of Christmas ham, Dougie and Julie were sure dishing it out.  Dougie just annoys me on general principle, but damn, Julie is such a hypocrite and is too dumb to realize it.  All the schmaltz about Grampa and Grandma today, all the nasty stuff she says to and about other people the other 364 days of the year.  And must she call everyone "Darling"?

Hmmmm......I don't think I like her much......

So how uncomfortable must it have been for Shawn to realize his sister is jealous of his daughter?  And how validated Valerie must be feeling about keeping her secret, after getting her Horton dose.

Is there a cuter baby than Holly?  That child, wow.  She burbled and cooed and grinned, and stole the show!  Perfect baby for Nicole.  I don't care how she gets her, finally Nicole is going to have the child she's wanted so badly.  

To think I lived in Chicago for so long and never once had to be airlifted out of my house.   Or have someone make an emergency run to see if I was alive on their whateveritwas Brady drove.  Will wonders never cease.

I did ski to work in the Emergency Room at Northwestern once, though, after a blizzard in 1974.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, JBC344 said:

You know what, it sounds great but honestly I think we might be giving the writers too much credit.  I think the scene was just supposed to play out that EJ seemed familiar to Carrie because he was Elvis, Susan's son.  Also coupled with the fact that EJ was supposed to be famous at the time.  I don't think we were supposed to infer anything else from that scene.  It was just such a strange scene the way James and Christie played it. 

What would of made more sense was maybe a throw away line about Carrie and Mike visiting Susan and a teenage Elvis a few years ago to maybe explain why he looked so familiar. 

I still maintain that Chad should have been Elvis and not EJ. EJ should have been Tony's and Anna's son.  Perhaps Anna had a one night stand with Tony before he disappeared.   Stefano kidnaps him and raises him.   I have never understood aging Elvis, who used to play with Will, as a baby, inexplicably became much older than him and his stepdad to boot. It was unnecessary. I feel that Elvis, Susan and her husband living happily ever after was fine. There was no need to bring either of them back.  The same goes for Kristen. Susan could have fooled Stefano into believing that she was Kristen for life.  The show's obsession with the Dimera's has always pissed me off. They have been played out and I resent their continuous presence on the show in the form of Andre. 

• Love 1

Chloe dies, or becomes coma-like. Nicole raises Holly (i would have preferred Natalie, but ok) and Parker, I don't really see the problem in this situation. Brady, Deimos and Philip are tormented but support Nicole as best they can

• Love 1
8 hours ago, boes said:

To think I lived in Chicago for so long and never once had to be airlifted out of my house.   Or have someone make an emergency run to see if I was alive on their whateveritwas Brady drove.  Will wonders never cease.

That whole thing was so silly. If the writers just had to have Chloe and Nicole trapped while Chloe goes into labor they should've picked a location that isn't a large city where it snows every winter.

I really need for Nicole to hurry up and find out the baby is hers, yell at Chloe and then make up with her in the next scene, so we can move on. This whole thing is so freaking stupid and I resent the fact that so many characters are being written terribly because of fucking Deimos. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 6

If Chloe's a surrogate, it seems unlikely that her parents would have any say whatsoever; if Chloe dies without revealing the baby isn't actually hers, who knows what the show would do, except that it would likely be the most crass and improbable thing ever.

• Love 1

Damn Andre to hell for his role in Failure being back in Salem.

Adrienne and Justin will grow close again during her medical crisis blah blah blah. Adrienne needs to have the decency to just rip the band aid off and tell Lucas she doesn't want him so he can move on, 

Failure came off as a cold-hearted ***** in her scenes with Chad. Like, does she not understand how incredibly selfish and cruel she's been? Even if she doesn't think she's the woman Chad needs (she's right), what about her plot point baby?

What was with Dario's attitude?

• Love 5

New Abigail in her scenes with Chad made me cringe. BF was amazing as usual but she doesn't have the acting chops to carry a scene with anyone. Since KM wanted to leave they should have left Abigail dead.

The show got rid of one bad young actress, now we have to suffer with a new one. So, now I FF all her scenes unless BF is in them. Chad and Gaby are much better as a couple now.

• Love 9

No Chad No!!! 

Don't let Abifail off the hook with the Ben excuse! 

That bitch was about to neglect you and Thomas had she not been found.  

You married a crazy person.   

Cut your loses. 

Leave!

Run! 

Get out of there! 

• Love 13

It was silly, but at the same time, I liked that Sonny, Adrienne and Justin actually had a Skype call with Sonny's perpetually unseen brothers.

Kayla's dress is so pretty.

Dario needs to be told to go away and be quiet more often.

Arianna speaks!

Good for Chad speaking his truth.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, BlackMamba said:

No Chad No!!! 

Don't let Abifail off the hook with the Ben excuse! 

That bitch was about to neglect you and Thomas had she not been found.  

You married a crazy person.   

Cut your loses. 

Leave!

Run! 

Get out of there! 

I personally volunteer to help relocate Chad Dimera. He will be taken to an undisclosed location where he will live a life of freedom away from the Morticia Adams wannabe. 

• Love 3

I'm liking the new Abigail. I mean, sure she's s shithead for faking her death, but this is a soap. She feels she's too mentally unstable to be in her loved one's lives, it's not like she was just bored and left them.  Hell, Steve left Kayla for flimsier shit than this, I don't hold it against him. 

If they decide to go for Gabi and Chad, and I do like that nobody is really supposed to be the bad guy here, I just hope they keep it that way. I don't want the odd man out to start scheming. 

Poor, dumb JJ. He looks like such a loser in this story. 

I honestly think this quad could be compelling if certain moments didn't feel so ridiculously rushed or unearned. But that's just how soaps roll now. 

• Love 4

So that was the big Abby & Chad reunion Chabby fans have been going on about...talk about underwhelming. Why do they like this couple so much? Every scene I've seen with the two of them leaves you either choking on the excessive angst or bored out of your skull. I just don't get it. 

• Love 3

Dario's little hissy fit was pretty funny, though not as funny as Show making Sparkle actually Sparkle even more than usual.   Did Show really think his face needed to be even rosier?   The elf outfit.....oh, the things I could say.....  He and Sonny not only don't have any chemistry, they're actually Anti - chemistry.   They put out fires before they're even lit.

Kayla and Steve were great today and UO, Jade and Joey weren't terrible.  I've always thought the actress playing Jade was the best of young actresses and Joey seemed a bit better today.

Abby opened and closed her mouth so many times before any actual words came out I thought Chad was having an emotional scene with a guppy.

Question - now that the truth is out, will she still be wearing her Joan Collins hat?  PLEAASE, SHOW, PLEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAASE!   It's the best part of the story.

So Chad now knows that Grandma Botox was in on Abby's fake death.  The next time Laura comes to town and treats him like shit I hope he slips a mega dose of metamucil into her martini.  

Where is Peggy McKay?  Enough is enough, Show.  Let us know how the actress is doing.

Edited by boes
  • Love 6