Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Chad and Gabi have definite potential especially because their chemistry is off the charts--their scenes are more compelling then anything he did with KM.  I'm now looking forward to watching him interact with the new Abby--that will be the ultimate test :)

Rafe's trying to strong arm JJ made me laugh when we know that Rafe's cheated in his relationships with nary a guilty conscience--I guess we're supposed to forget about that?

• Love 2
9 hours ago, MsTree said:

I agree, but then she wouldn't have had a reason to be drinking alone in a bar where she met up Lucas.  I think Anne & Lucas could be fun together, because Days really needs a fun couple who can offer a bit of comedy relief for the audience.

I would like to think they could be fun, but Lucas is so straight-laced and pouty. I don't see him being attracted to Anne, somehow. I see Anne with another oddball. Lucas ain't it.

And one scene, just one scene, with Theresa running into Anne while "partying" and Anne picking up on just how off things were would have satisfied me.

Maybe we'll get lucky and get a Brady/Anne scene. I want more closure.

• Love 1

If they're going to have Theo hate Valerie they could at least give us a reason why. Right now all we can do is assume what his reasoning is. Also, I don't like that they have Claire encouraging him while Ciara is the sensible one. 

Why did we need scenes of Sonny guarding Lucas/Adrienne/Justin's hotel rooms if we weren't going to see them? The Sonny/Chad scenes were fine but they could've taken place somewhere else. 

JJ ruins everything.

Andre ruins everything. Stop encouraging Failure to ruin Chad and Thomas' life.

• Love 2

I knew Abigail wasn't going to make it to Chad to let him know she's alive.

Valerie is really shady. Hm.  She has a son?  When will he be appearing?

What is Andre's agenda in all this?  It has to be more than just getting on Chad's good side.

"I thought you were raised better than that, Claire."  Uh, what?  She's a Horton/Brady, isn't she?  When have they ever stayed out of other people's lives?

Damn, Ciara, way to throw shade at your own niece!

Eduardo and Dario are into importing smuggled goods?

Is Abigail going to kidnap Thomas?

40 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I knew Abigail wasn't going to make it to Chad to let him know she's alive.

Valerie is really shady. Hm.  She has a son?  When will he be appearing?

What is Andre's agenda in all this?  It has to be more than just getting on Chad's good side.

"I thought you were raised better than that, Claire."  Uh, what?  She's a Horton/Brady, isn't she?  When have they ever stayed out of other people's lives?

Damn, Ciara, way to throw shade at your own niece!

Eduardo and Dario are into importing smuggled goods?

Is Abigail going to kidnap Thomas?

Lol.  Even worse, a Horton/Brady/Kiriakis.

Of all the SORASed teens, I've been liking Theo the best, but the actor suddenly seems too old to be playing an autistic teen upset with his father's love interest. This story-line might have worked if the kids were early teens and the parent was younger. But Theo is 18 and in college, and Abe is at least late 50's.

I realized again yesterday that I only hate Rafe when he's around Hope.  Yesterday, even though it was inappropriate to be discussing his sister's love life with her "at-that-time" ex, I didn't hate him.  I wish they'd never rushed to make them a couple, but let it happen slowly.  And, of course, I wish they'd never had the Stefano murder coverup storyline. 

I still don't see chemistry between Sonny and Paul. Oddly, I see more between Sonny and Chad.

Missing John. How many more months before he'll be back on our tv screens?

Have a good Thanksgiving to all in the US. Here in Canada it's just another day, though the stores have adopted your Black Friday sales, so I may hit the mall looking for some good deals.

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

If they're going to have Theo hate Valerie they could at least give us a reason why. Right now all we can do is assume what his reasoning is. Also, I don't like that they have Claire encouraging him while Ciara is the sensible one. 

They sort of gave us some POV for Theo the week before last.  He feels like Valerie is taking Lexie's place, even though that's the least of what Valerie intends to do with Abe, and I hope that, if he expresses, either Abe or Valerie (preferably Abe, though Valerie would make sense, too) shuts him right down with that noise and asserts to him that the exact opposite is true.

As for as Claire goes, the reasoning for her encouraging Theo's hatred makes sense, as well, given that she was also opposed to Belle moving on with Philip rather than getting back with Shawn.  Ciara really hasn't gotten to manipulate the love lives of either of her parents, so her being the most mature of the three in this situation actually does make some sense.

3 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

We know that he caught her lying to somebody.

She lied to her mother that she was in New York, not in Salem.  The reason why, I don't know.

15 minutes ago, buffynut said:

Of all the SORASed teens, I've been liking Theo the best, but the actor suddenly seems too old to be playing an autistic teen upset with his father's love interest. This story-line might have worked if the kids were early teens and the parent was younger. But Theo is 18 and in college, and Abe is at least late 50's.

This.  Like I said in the spoiler thread, as a black person myself, I'm glad to see the black characters finally getting a real storyline after all this time.   But like I also said, making an autistic teen, especially one old enough to be in college, the heavy/bad guy of said storyline is far from the smartest of moves.  I'd think they'd want the audience to root for the autistic character, not against him.  And on other boards I frequent, there are already viewers rooting against Theo, not for him, in this storyline.

• Love 1

So Chad and Sonny are friends again? Oooooh-kay.

Chad and Gabi have more chemistry than either performer had with their last romantic pairings -- maybe their last two. Something about the way Flynn played Chad and Gabi's denial of their attraction made me wish the writers would give Chad more comic scenes. I'd bet Flynn could give him a wicked sense of humour, given half a chance.

Couldn't André and his Rich Corinthian Leather face be crushed under a shipment of knock-off Steinways that the Hernandez clan is trying to sneak into town? (I don't ask for much!)

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 5

Paul has been in fashion for a New York minute. As a pro baseball player, he travelled extensively and could probably spot a badly stitched knockoff at a tourist place in LA or NYC. 4A or AAA+ or AAA quality bags are pretty close to the originals and are much more expensive.

Theo may sense that Valerie has some sort of secret or whatever, but whatever happens with Abe and Valerie is up to *them*.

JJ, until you deal with why you cheat, you will continue to do so. Don't make promises you probably can't keep. Of course, Gabi is also hiding a secret that she lusts for Chad. Perhaps she should come clean and admit that to JJ before they 'start over'.

I too am Canadian and won't be doing the turkey thing tomorrow.  Holts started their sale today and picked up some Tods driving moccasins for about 60% off.

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

She said today that she lied to her boss.  I don't remember hearing anything about a mother.

She was talking to her mother at the time she originally did that.  I guess they rewrote it as her boss.

4 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Theo may sense that Valerie has some sort of secret or whatever, but whatever happens with Abe and Valerie is up to *them*.

Which Abe and Ciara both awesomely laid out to Theo just today, and Shawn just as awesomely laid out to Claire.  Though neither one clearly heard what was said to them.

The anvils were also there that Theo's probably going to do something to hurt Valerie or Abe or both of them.  I can't be the only one who felt them after hearing Ciara's concern of that very thing happening.

• Love 6

I can't decide yet how I feel about the new Abigail.  Every time I look at her with that pale complexion, and wearing the big black hat, all I see is Anne Bonney from "Black Sails" on Starz.  At least she looks cleaner than Anne usually does.

I could easily see Manci wearing the exact same stupid LA style hat and black outfit and milking her own self-pity for all it's worth. Frankly, it'll be interesting to see what Miller looks like once she's wearing regular clothing and standing next to Chad pretending to love him. Manci had a stupid fashion style and I wonder if that will carry over to her replacement. And I'm especially curious to see if she can possibly sell us on the idea that she's the same woman who Chad fell in love with.

There has definitely been more than a few sparks between Sonny and Chad lately, but I think that has more to do with the fact that the actors are friends and seem to be laughing or smirkng through most of their scenes together.

I'm not watching anymore, but from the comments around here it seems like I would already be getting annoyed with the Abe/Theo storyline. Why should Theo be undermining his father's first potential girlfriend in years? If anything he seems more like the type of kid who would be happy to know his father is finally going to have some joy after years of being alone.

Were there absolutely no Brady scenes this week?

• Love 2

KM's Abigail did wear the fugliest clothes.  

I haven't been watching either and am keeping up by reading the comments here.  I hope everyone who is celebrating Thanksgiving has a wonderful holiday!

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 2

Theo was the best of the teen scene, but I am rapidly losing patience with him. Claire has been a brat for as long as I've been watching. I will always give Ciara the benefit of the doubt because she is Hope's daughter. Plus she is very pretty

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, MsTree said:

After today's reveal that Valerie has a son (father unknown)...how many want to bet that Theo has a brother?

Oh please no!!!!  We don't need another new child for Abe.  With Brandon it was interesting.  Lani just a stupid stunt that literally went nowhere.  Not another one please.  I would prefer that Valerie's son isn't related to anyone in Salem. 

Now unless they are implying that David and Valerie hooked up right before she left town and that he is David Banning's son/ Julie's grandson than maybe I could get on board, but please don't make him Abe's kid.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

And I'm especially curious to see if she can possibly sell us on the idea that she's the same woman who Chad fell in love with.

If the writers insist on keeping Chad stuck with Failure, hopefully the new actress can at least make me believe Failure actually loves him and plot point baby. I never got that from KM. As of now, I'm wondering how long it will be before she's trying to screw Andre in a shower, garden, dumpster, or porta potty. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Michel said:

The anvils were also there that Theo's probably going to do something to hurt Valerie or Abe or both of them.  I can't be the only one who felt them after hearing Ciara's concern of that very thing happening.

I didn't think of it at the time, but yes, I guess there must have been a reason Ciara brought up stealing Abe's gun. Hopefully, though, the writers are off the "let's make all the teens" murderers and don't go that route. 

5 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I could easily see Manci wearing the exact same stupid LA style hat and black outfit and milking her own self-pity for all it's worth. Frankly, it'll be interesting to see what Miller looks like once she's wearing regular clothing and standing next to Chad pretending to love him. Manci had a stupid fashion style and I wonder if that will carry over to her replacement. And I'm especially curious to see if she can possibly sell us on the idea that she's the same woman who Chad fell in love with.

There has definitely been more than a few sparks between Sonny and Chad lately, but I think that has more to do with the fact that the actors are friends and seem to be laughing or smirkng through most of their scenes together.

I'm not watching anymore, but from the comments around here it seems like I would already be getting annoyed with the Abe/Theo storyline. Why should Theo be undermining his father's first potential girlfriend in years? If anything he seems more like the type of kid who would be happy to know his father is finally going to have some joy after years of being alone.

Were there absolutely no Brady scenes this week?

I'm ok with the nu-Abby actress so far. She has a vulnerability that KM's Abby never had. Or at least in the 2+ years I watched her.

Sonny and Chad always sell their friends scenes. I think it's because BF seems to have some type of chemistry with everyone. 

Yeah, the Abe/Valerie/Theo storyline is annoying. I know they can't let their romance happen without conflict, but involving Theo in it is just stupid.

Uhm, no, don't think there were any Brady scenes this week. Guess next week.

3 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Oh please no!!!!  We don't need another new child for Abe.  With Brandon it was interesting.  Lani just a stupid stunt that literally went nowhere.  Not another one please.  I would prefer that Valerie's son isn't related to anyone in Salem. 

Now unless they are implying that David and Valerie hooked up right before she left town and that he is David Banning's son/ Julie's grandson than maybe I could get on board, but please don't make him Abe's kid.

Though the child being Abe's would be soapy, especially with Theo's "jealousy", but so would it being Valerie and David's child.   Either way, I think I'm looking forward to the eventual reveal.

3 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

If the writers insist on keeping Chad stuck with Failure, hopefully the new actress can at least make me believe Failure actually loves him and plot point baby. I never got that from KM. As of now, I'm wondering how long it will be before she's trying to screw Andre in a shower, garden, dumpster, or porta potty. 

This actress, already, is very un-KM.  I'm liking her so far.  But I'm sure the writers will make her do something stupid before too long, so that I can hate the character again.

Those of you no longer watching, I'm glad you are still posting here, or this board would be dead. And hopefully something will happen on screen to make you start watching again. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Susan would work out just fine for me.

Now that Sami, EJ, and Stefano are gone I wouldn't mind if Susan came back, but it would have to be with Edmund.  I would love seeing them back in Salem as a couple; hanging with John and Marlena, annoying the hell out of Andre.  I really wouldn't mind a little toned down Susan back on the show as a recurring/permanent character interacting with her old friends of Salem.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Love this! I've been thinking it and you said it! Seriously, the character of Abby has had a fascination with bad/severely unhinged guys. Andre better watch out considering her obsession with Dimera men.

Okay, so I'm weaning myself off the show and happened to tune in for a bit of today.

I love Jade just announcing to everybody that she's pregnant and refusing to let them bully her into shutting up. I'm really disgusted with the way the show suddenly thinks Jade is total trash. Yes I agree that her getting involved in that stupid cult was a big mistake but other than that I can't think of a single thing this girl did wrong...and speaking of the cult, wasn't her Aunt in it? She wasn't led down that path by herself.

Claire can have all the seats in the pub. Her personality is really odious. If the actress playing Jade is playing down the uglier aspects of the character to make her likable, the actress playing Claire is playing up the ugliness of every single word and I hate it. She was dippy before but likeable. I miss that.

Abigail hiding out in the Attic is needlessly dramatic. If she wants to see her family but feels she has to stay away from them, it seems to me she needs a good therapist to sort it out. Girl is still a holy mess. Wonder if the show will acknowledge that or make her homecoming into a sweep-it-all-under-the-rug bonzanza.

Where is Caroline? They really need an explanation if they're going to keep setting scenes at the Pub. Also, I'm worried for Peggy.

Ari finally spoke some lines! Yay! Is she a new actress? She didn't look as surly as the last Ari (twins).

Glad to hear Kim referencing Theresa. This Thanksgiving must be brutal for Brady.

Hope plays with her hair too much.

Julie should've been killed instead of Will.

I felt her finally stating her anger over Nick's death earned. At least that's been built up over months now. Classless to bring it up on Thanksgiving randomly, but it was bound to happen at some point.

Edited by DisneyBoy

I mostly enjoyed the show today.  I liked the family gatherings, even the awkward moments. 

It's stupid though that Abigail is hiding out in the attic.  And it really bugged me when Jennifer shooed Chad away from investigating when he sensed something was up. She should have just sent him up to the attic, regardless of what Abigail wanted. 

The other thing that bugged me was one scene ended saying how "Hope missed Bo the most" and the next scene was Hope with her new love. So much for missing Bo the most.  Course then they had to remind us that Bo asked Rafe to look after Hope, so that makes it all good.  [/rolling eyes]

I'm also missing and wondering about Caroline.  This time last year we were getting all the scenes with her and now nothing.  The actress is 89, so maybe she isn't up to working anymore, and hopefully nothing more serious.

DisneyBoy:  How long have you watched?  That will determine how easy it will be to wean yourself off the show.  Maybe if you go slow enough, something good will happen and you can keep watching.

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 2

I can't think of a single thing this girl did wrong...

I think she wanted Joey to commit robbery to prove he loved her, and she thought it was cool that he murdered Ava.  (That never rang true to me; I'm still worried for the women in Joey's life tbh.)  And she flunked the 12th grade.  I do enjoy her role in the story, though.

• Love 1

I watched randomly during the reign of Eileen Davidson in the 90s and tuned in for her 2012 return and basically stuck around. Tuned out from winter 2015 to summer of 2015 but came back for the 50th and stuck around until now. I doubt I'll have a hard time walking away considering what's coming, and am just curious about how the Hope storyline will wrap up and how Brady deals without Theresa.

Whoopsie, Iska - I'd forgotten all that!

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 1

I thought Jade could have waited a few days to announce her happy news but her doing so had a bit of realness - few family holidays are postcard perfect. She's not trash but just needs to control what she says a bit. Telling Joey the news a day ago and now telling the family?

Yep, Julie, take it out on Gabi. Who then threw it back at you regarding Hope. Whether you like it or not, Gabi did serve her time. No, you do not have to like her. Her apology rang false. But then again, Christmas is in a few weeks.

Abigail's favourite toy would not be in such pristine condition after 25 years or so. Dusty, and musty and bit dog-eared.

Hope, your hair looks pretty good for jail. Do stop playing with it. Didn't really see the point of the cemetery scene, except to remind viewers that Bo left a year ago.

JJ, good for you for finding Abs in the Attic.

• Love 5

I'm glad I watched today's episode.  It was a pretty decent holiday celebration, hit a lot of the right notes.  I'm sorry that one of the Horton traditions isn't stuffing the turkey with Julie's big mouth but at least she managed, once again, to make it all about herself, disguised as it was by her so-called apology.  She's a hopeless, mean spirited dimwit but at least she's consistent.  I wonder who's next on her list to diss because she can't go long without someone to look down on.

Chad is a highlight to every episode and everyone he acts with just seems better with him in the scene.  He and Gabi are good together but I think she and JJ are too.  But since I haven't been watching I know I've missed a lot that might negate that.

I don't mind NuAbby, the little I've seen of her, so far, anyway.  It helps immensely that she's not Kate Mansi and not smugging up every scene with that constant look she always had of waiting for everyone else to stop talking so she could start.

Question - has she slapped anyone yet?  That will be the test to prove she's really Abigail.

Even Jenn was okay today.

While I don't care much for Jade and even less for Joey, the actress playing her is the best of the teen set IMO.  Theo, pipe down.  Claire, choke on your hair.

I'm with the rest of you in worrying/wondering about Peggy McKay.  Her absence at the Thanksgiving table in her own pub really makes me think there must be something wrong.  I know Caroline isn't everyone's favorite character but Peggy McKay, she's a treasure.

I hope you're all well and had a great Thanksgiving yourselves!

(And just because I like saying it, Julie, STFU).

Edited by boes
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Yep, Julie, take it out on Gabi. Who then threw it back at you regarding Hope. Whether you like it or not, Gabi did serve her time. No, you do not have to like her. Her apology rang false.

Julie is so fake it's disgusting. Apparently no one taught her how to gracefully interact with people she doesn't like. Gabi is the mother of Will's child so she will be connected to the Hortons forever. Julie would do well to accept that and move on. 

I really don't understand what Failure's motivation is for letting people think she's dead. She's been dead for less than a year, even if Chad and Gabi were together does she seriously think he wouldn't break up with her [Gabi]? I also don't understand why Jen is honoring her wishes instead of budding in like she normally does and just tell Chad the truth. 

• Love 5

So is Theo's Valerie hate suddenly common knowledge?  He almost started something right there in the pub when she arrived with Abe, and everyone had awkward looks on their faces after Abe quickly defused it.  I wonder when everyone else found out about that?  James Reynolds had the perfect "don't you start this shit now!" look on his face when he stopped it just in time.  And did any of you notice him during dinner?  He was also glaring daggers at her something fierce.  And the big "shut up!" moment I had was when he canceled his post-dinner date with Claire because he didn't want to leave Abe alone with Valerie.

I just . . . Theo, you're not on thin ice yet, but you're heading very close to it.

I don't know why they suddenly changed Jade's characterization, but I don't like it.  And I also don't know why they suddenly altered her relationships with the other teens.  Last I saw, Ciara, Claire, and Theo all liked her just fine.  Now it's like she's the devil to them, and it happened out of nowhere.  I really don't get it.

The Horton scenes might've worked for me more if Julie had at least explained to Gabi why she has trouble getting over Nick.  Maybe her own guilt for letting him spiral the way he did.

Thank God J.J. now knows that Abigail's alive, too.

Edited by Michel
  • Love 5

I know I'm quick to judge and perhaps will regret it once Valerie's secret comes out, but I've had it with Theo.  He can take a long walk off a short pier at this point and take that bubblehead Claire with him.  You know it's bad when I prefer scenes with Ciara to ones with those two.

I'm loving Valerie and Abe.  They make such a nice pair and deserve screen time.  I hope they won't turn her into a villain and will give Abe a real story.  I never understood why he was backburnered.  He was more active in the 90s if I recall correctly.  The vets are still the strength of the show, IMO, except for Julie.

Julie really needs to be put into a dunk tank while Gabi is given an endless supply of giant balls to hit the target with.  Why is Julie on so much now? Someone shoot her in the rear with a tranquilizer dart!

Abby is still not bothering me.  If she starts acting entitled and goes around slapping people, then it will be a different story, but for now, I think just the absence of Kate Mansi makes this new girl OK in my book. Anything but Kate!

This was a screenshot of Kate in the Lifetime movie "Unwanted Guest".  She's still working the goofy and smug combo.

23t07r7.jpg

Edited by Polaris
  • Love 6

I haven't watched Days in more than a few months,  following along here and there a bit on this thread. Can somebody please tell me what happened with JJ and Gabby? He cheated on her? Doesn't anybody know how to keep it in their pants for the right person on this show anymore?

52 minutes ago, Lady Iris said:

I haven't watched Days in more than a few months,  following along here and there a bit on this thread. Can somebody please tell me what happened with JJ and Gabby? He cheated on her? Doesn't anybody know how to keep it in their pants for the right person on this show anymore?

When Abby "died" in a plane crash, JJ went to Florida to investigate.  Once he found nothing to show she might have "survived" he went to a bar and got drunk. He woke up next morning alone in a motel room, naked, and hungover. He didn't remember anything about the night before, but found a note supposedly from a woman thanking him for a "good time" the night before. Hence, he concluded he'd had a one night stand with a strange woman.  Once back in Salem guilt got to him, and just before Abigail showed up back in Salem, or maybe just as, he confessed to Gabi, who immediately broke up with him. 

Gabi, who had already been bonding with Chad over their single parent situations, and their past history, went to tell him what had happened and they kissed.

Then Gabi went to the police station (can't remember why) and overheard JJ telling Rafe how much he loved Gabi and would do anything to get her back and how he'd never hurt her again.  So Gabi got back together with him.

Now JJ is keeping the secret that Abigail is alive from Chad.  And Chad and Gabi are suspicious and know something is up, but don't know what. And Abigail just blurted out to JJ that Chad is falling for Gabi.  Stupid storyline, yes.  But very soapy. LOL.

• Love 3

I don't know why the writers being so vague about what illegal stuff Eduardo is involved in.

Failure in the attic is boring.

Brady is CEO of Titan...what do Deimos and Phillip do there?

Theresa was fine, in love with Brady, and eager to be a mother to Tate, then within the span of a week she starts doing drugs again, overdoses, and abandons her child. Why is no one asking more questions? 

• Love 3

Because once an actor leaves this show, their characters generally cease to be topics of conversation (excluding Dr Tan).

JJ went to Florida to investigate.  Once he found nothing to show she might have "survived" he went to a bar and got drunk. He woke up next morning alone in a motel room, naked, and hungover. He didn't remember anything about the night before, but found a note supposedly from a woman thanking him for a "good time" the night before. Hence, he concluded he'd had a one night stand with a strange woman.

... all of which went on off-camera.

Storytelling!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LeftPhalange said:

Theresa was fine, in love with Brady, and eager to be a mother to Tate, then within the span of a week she starts doing drugs again, overdoses, and abandons her child. Why is no one asking more questions? 

Theresa's entire exit story line was ridiculous and so open-ended and I do not want to watch Brady spiral out of control because that will totally be blamed on Theresa which is just as dumb as her leaving to work undercover to get the goods on Mateo.

• Love 4