Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I guess they had Steve be out of character and say no to helping Hope because they needed to put Rafe in this storyline?

I think Steve will have his hands full pretty soon. lol. So, I'm guessing that's why the writers don't have him involve in Hope's story right now.

• Love 2

Theresa elevates Dumbass Brady.  I don't even care that they're pretending to be poor in a condo.  She is precious and they're cute together.  Grandpa Munster indeed!  Brady gave him the excuse of mourning.  Whatever.  A call to Phillip??? Holy Batcave!  Crap, now that I think about it, it's for Bitchy Belle to cheat again.....  No spoilers.

I don't care if trollop is trying to protect baby, she can set the thing down and actually do something. 

Sick to death of 30 years of Crazy Hope although I appreciate the acting.  Rafe is giving me nothing to like.  But it's not his fault he was pushed into admitting to the conversation with Hope to try to help her. 

Caroline is a treasure. 

OT:  RIP Scott Weiland

• Love 9

I bow down to RSW. He was so cold and the way he lit the fire and said "bye momma" was so creepy! Great job.

Well, Abifail really wanted Chad, now she can spend (what she thinks is her final minutes) with him.

Chad, you missed the chapter in the Dimera handbook that states....

"When you confront an enemy, always have a plan....and ALWAYS bring backup."

So, in Hope's mind (her Bo imagination) he wants her to abandon her grieving family, including THEIR children and dedicate her every moment to revenge? This shows how far out in left field she really is. Bo would NEVER want that! He would want the children and family cared for, the dust to settle, and then the justice! As much as it pains me to say this, Rafe was right. Hope does need counseling. She needs it ASAP!

As for Brady, I do applaud his effort in FINALLY standing up to Victor. If this is a mistake, time will tell.

Psychic Caroline strikes again!!!!!

• Love 6

I guess they had Steve be out of character and say no to helping Hope because they needed to put Rafe in this storyline?

I figured it was because Steve promised Kayla and Joey that he would stay in town.

"I hate myself."  Well, join the crowd, Abigail.

Damn, Roman, when you knock on a door, you don't have to bust it down.

Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben!

Edited by Rick Kitchen
  • Love 5

I figured it was because Steve promised Kayla and Joey that he would stay in down.

I thought the same thing. Also, I think Bo constantly talking about returning to his family and then only having an undisclosed but very short amount of time with them has reinforced the concept to Steve that sticking around is what he needs to do.

• Love 3

Not living at the mansion or working at Titan really doesn't sound all that terrible to me. Living in a mansion has its perks but the K mansion looks outdated and plus you have to deal with Victor on a daily basis. Not worth it. I'm sure that townhouse is still better than most people's homes. As far as being unemployed, I would think being CEO of Titan for so many years would make it easy for him to get a high level position at a different company. Or he could just start his own. Either way, being out from under Victor's control and not having to listen to his hateful ass everyday should make all of this worth it. 

Too bad Chad has to suffer right along with that girl. If only he had wised up and left her alone and moved on with someone better. 

Agree, I never understood the appeal of living there.  On one hand, yes, it is a nice mansion and I'm sure there is plenty of room. But it was different when it was just he and Victor there.  Now with Maggie there rightfully and Justin and Adrienne in and out If I were Brady I would of been out of there years ago.  I mean the K mansion is a nice place if your in a transitional phase but what strapping young bachelor wants to live there with his curmudgeon grandfather and various relatives in and out.

• Love 5

My entire family came down with some sort of Black Plague-ish illness this week and I binge watched this week's shows this morning, so I might have misheard this, but Belle's an attorney? She said something about being disbarred?

I'm not sure if this is her reasoning, or if it's even rational for a grown ass woman to behave this way, but if her bitchiness about Sami is because she's tired of Sami's epic screw ups draining all of her family's emotional resources, I get it.

And how much do I love Kayla for laughing at Black Patch? More than I could ever say.

I just caught up on the last couple days too and I heard Belle say disbarred as well. Belle is an attorney? I have so many questions about that. Belle when talking about her affair made it sound like she was at home all the time not working. I guess that was the wrong assumption. I can understand her frustration with Sami and her drama and the toll it takes on the family but when Belle and Shawn left the last time they were pretty close and this animosity was no where to be seen. It's just so OTT to me. I guess the writers are trying to tell us "Princess" Belle has changed over the years as anyone would but it could have been a tad more subtle.

• Love 3

I actually think Brady and Theresa have chemistry together. I don't mind them together when Brady is acting human. His apology to her today was long overdo but nice none the less. 

Abigail is still not convincing me that she's nearly as worried about that baby as she is her own life.  If the kid is lucky he'll be raised by a serial killer and come back to town in five years SORASed to an adult who doesn't need mommy anymore. 

Hope's revenge storyline is not painting her in a good light. I'm not sure which is worse--watching her laying around on her couch mourning Aiden's death or watching her ignore her family and go all half cocked on this unprepared, ill thought out revenge mission.

They used Daniel Cosgrove's actual date of birth on Aiden's headstone (Dec. 16, 1970).  I guess TIIC felt it wasn't enough to destroy his character and fire him.

So Aiden was 44, almost 45. 

And Hope is what...59, 60??? To be a grandmother to a 17 year old Claire that's what she'd have to be considering that Shawn was out of high school when he had her and she was well out of high school when she had Shawn. There are no teen pregnancies here so there's no way that Hope is still in her forties. I don't know why I bother trying to figure it out but looking at Hope on screen today it struck me that KA does not appear anywhere near old enough to have a 17 year old granddaughter even if she's hardly interacted with her since her return.  

So Sami took the innocent kids with her on the run out of the country, not caring about what that does to them or uprooting them to have them live on the run and Lucas still has no story? They need Lucas in this story to go get his child and bring her home with him. He should be pissed and demanding his child. Belle has every right to not be team Sami right now either, she pointed out why exactly.  Sami put her in the position to be killed, in the line of fire by the Dimeras, be disbarred and of course Sami doesn't care. Isn't also illegal for the CPA to be hiding stolen money? 

Chad should have brain damage by now.

Lucas is too busy chasing after PMSing menopausal Adrienne to even question Allie' whereabouts. 

Belle is always a potential Dimera target either from being Marlena's daughter or via an extension of the Brady's since she's married to Shawn. Even before Andre came on the scene, Stefano was always obsessed with both [Marlena and the Brady's].  Maybe this will give her something to do besides cheat on Shawn. Or at least it will hold her over with something to do till Phillip returns to town and she sleeps with him again. Good thing Brady picked Theresa and quit his job. 

Chad must already be brain damaged to care so much about Abigail, a woman who's biggest turn on is cheating, whether it be her involvement with a married man when she's single or being the cheater herself when she's in a relationship with an single man.  I think it's safe to say that Chad isn't playing with a full deck. 

Didn't she mentioned something about having the kids in counseling? I hope she decided to take the therapist along as well. SMH.

If EJ is alive, they won't need to be counseled any more over their dead father. 

• Love 6

I actually think Brady and Theresa have chemistry together. I don't mind them together when Brady is acting human. His apology to her today was long overdo but nice none the less. 

Abigail is still not convincing me that she's nearly as worried about that baby as she is her own life.  If the kid is lucky he'll be raised by a serial killer and come back to town in five years SORASed to an adult who doesn't need mommy anymore. 

Hope's revenge storyline is not painting her in a good light. I'm not sure which is worse--watching her laying around on her couch mourning Aiden's death or watching her ignore her family and go all half cocked on this unprepared, ill thought out revenge mission.

So Aiden was 44, almost 45. 

And Hope is what...59, 60??? To be a grandmother to a 17 year old Claire that's what she'd have to be considering that Shawn was out of high school when he had her and she was well out of high school when she had Shawn. There are no teen pregnancies here so there's no way that Hope is still in her forties. I don't know why I bother trying to figure it out but looking at Hope on screen today it struck me that KA does not appear anywhere near old enough to have a 17 year old granddaughter even if she's hardly interacted with her since her return.  

Lucas is too busy chasing after PMSing menopausal Adrienne to even question Allie' whereabouts. 

Belle is always a potential Dimera target either from being Marlena's daughter or via an extension of the Brady's since she's married to Shawn. Even before Andre came on the scene, Stefano was always obsessed with both [Marlena and the Brady's].  Maybe this will give her something to do besides cheat on Shawn. Or at least it will hold her over with something to do till Phillip returns to town and she sleeps with him again. Good thing Brady picked Theresa and quit his job. 

Chad must already be brain damaged to care so much about Abigail, a woman who's biggest turn on is cheating, whether it be her involvement with a married man when she's single or being the cheater herself when she's in a relationship with an single man.  I think it's safe to say that Chad isn't playing with a full deck. 

If EJ is alive, they won't need to be counseled any more over their dead father. 

Well Hope is supposed to be about 50 or early 50's which links up to Shawn being about 30 years old.  Since they SORASED Claire to 16/17, you just have to go with it.  I guess that they are trying to sell Shawn and Belle as mid 30's now.  As far as SORASING its not the worst. 

No, they'll just need a buttload of therapy to deal with the fact that their father died and then got over it.

• Love 2

I liked today, just not a lot.  As much as I've been appreciating KA's acting - and I think she did another superb job today, especially in her scenes with Rafe - something's gotta give with her, and soon.  Going after Bo's captors is fine, makes sense. but she has to get a grip.  

Color me shocked!  Brady was more than tolerable today.  IMO, he's the best he's been in years.  If the new writers have decided to make him less of a verbal and physical bully, let him grow and start acting his age, then that's one more thing they're doing right.  I'm hoping that this is also the beginning of Victor toning himself down.  And if not, then Caroline, for once, better call him out on abusing her granddaughter.  It's beyond ridiculous that neither she nor Victor take that into consideration.  

"I hate myself."  Well, join the crowd, Abigail.

Ben! Ben! Ben! Ben!

Didn't they sound like Angry Birds begging for their dinner, calling after Ben?  I wonder if this will be the tape KM sends off to Woody Allen so he can see her improvisational skills.  

When Ben threw that lighter on the bed, it just put me in a holiday frame of mind.  You know, like "Numbnuts roasting on an open fire"?  

They could at least have started humming "Baby I'm Burning", "Burning Love", or "I Didn't Start the Fire".   Something to maintain the mood.

I know the fire was supposed to have us sitting on the edge of our seats, anxiously awaiting the fate of Ren and Stimpy, but I don't much care.  

So while today wasn't bad, it wasn't all that great either.

• Love 8

I figured it was because Steve promised Kayla and Joey that he would stay in down.

But Hope hasn't gone anywhere, Steve said he can't take this on like it's a huge deal and mission and said she shouldn't either. However, Hope's gone to the Martin house and the Salem PD in her quest for Bo vengeance. LOL

Steve not wanting to be involved in finding the people who held Bo captive, when he was the only one in the entire world who cared to find him and knew something was wrong just doesn't go together. 

• Love 1

They will once they find out Daddy raped Mommy, Mommy shot Daddy and Daddy cheated and then got shot during a drug deal. And brother Will was murdered.

I think those kids should probably stay in offscreen therapy forever because how on earth do you even write older versions of them, given all that trauma..?!?

Wish I had seen the Brady apology. How did it happen? The actors have great chemistry but its going to take some more time to forget all Theresa's previous schemes and getting Brady into drugs. Has she even been in rehab?

I liked Theresa and Brady together, too. He's toned down and she just sparkles whenever she's on screen. But I still feel like she's gotten away with all of her scheming and almost-killing, so a part of me is a little miffed about that. 

I love how Ben's about to take his premie newborn out into a snowstorm wrapped up in a towel. But thank god this part of the story is wrapping up -- Abigial must be dying to change clothes. Or go to the bathroom. 

• Love 6

Didn't they sound like Angry Birds begging for their dinner, calling after Ben?  I wonder if this will be the tape KM sends off to Woody Allen so he can see her improvisational skills.  

When Ben threw that lighter on the bed, it just put me in a holiday frame of mind.  You know, like "Numbnuts roasting on an open fire"?  

They could at least have started humming "Baby I'm Burning", "Burning Love", or "I Didn't Start the Fire".   Something to maintain the mood.

I know the fire was supposed to have us sitting on the edge of our seats, anxiously awaiting the fate of Ren and Stimpy, but I don't much care.  

So while today wasn't bad, it wasn't all that great either.

Why couldn't Serial Killer at least have the decency to sedate that girl?

• Love 2

Well Hope is supposed to be about 50 or early 50's which links up to Shawn being about 30 years old. Since they SORASED Claire to 16/17, you just have to go with it. I guess that they are trying to sell Shawn and Belle as mid 30's now. As far as SORASING its not the worst.

Shawn and Belle were aged to 35 from what I read somewhere. Which proves the writers haven't kept up with math or history with Hope. Because for old school Days fans, we all know, Hope wasn't a dann teen mom. She had Shawn when she was like 21 or 22. Funny thing is Claire hasn't called Hope "grandma" yet

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 2

Shawn and Belle were aged to 35 from what I read somewhere. Which proves the writers haven't kept up with math or history with Hope. Because for old school Days fans, we all know, Hope wasn't a dann teen mom. She had Shawn when she was like 21 or 22. Funny thing is Claire hasn't called Hope "grandma" yet

When all is said and done we are talking about aging Shawn and Belle about 5 years.  I see that as more of a reaction to SORASING Claire.  I don't think it is the writers not knowing how old Hope is but having to make Shawn and Belle older now because they have a late teen child. In terms of aging characters this is an incredibly mild case. 

• Love 2

Why is that Ben can not forgive Abigail like he thought Sami was supposed to.

Good question! He was on the "Abigail can do no wrong" train along with pretty much everyone else in those days. But, as we well know, SAMI was the wrong one then ((((sarcasm)))). I would have loved to have seen Sami not only blast Ben over Will's death but look him right in the eye and say "I told you so" about Abby. Ahhhh....if only.

Edited by jlrd2000
  • Love 10

Finally caught up on the Thursday and Friday shows. My feelings not necessarily in order of importance lol:

The scenes with Hope going all hard ass are laughable, especially the new glasses on/glasses off affect, the all black, body hugging clothes...please! The giving two shits once again about her children really makes me dislike her even more and I won't bother to go where I rate KA as an actress.

Fireplace scene with Marlena...hello! Where's the damn fireplace screen?

I have had more uplifting times at actual funerals than what Days has become.

• Love 2

It's been bothering me about the cpa who claimed to have been great friends with Sami in hs only to try to bond with Belle and say...Remember that time?  In high school?  When Sami quit to have a baby?  LOLZ with Belle. The son who died. I think I slapped myself a wtf over that.

Chad mocking the bed burning scene was priceless.  Other than I was spoiled about it. 

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 1

Wish I had seen the Brady apology. How did it happen? The actors have great chemistry but its going to take some more time to forget all Theresa's previous schemes and getting Brady into drugs. Has she even been in rehab?

Theresa didn't "get Brady into drugs", he was already using when they first started sleeping together.  I agree that she didn't do anything to help him stay away from it but he's responsible for using, not her.

Why is that Ben can not forgive Abigail like he thought Sami was supposed to.

Man, but I love this!  Wasn't Abs the greatest girl in the world and it was the mean ol' Dimeras who kept hurting the poor little thing?  :)

I liked Theresa and Brady together, too. He's toned down and she just sparkles whenever she's on screen. But I still feel like she's gotten away with all of her scheming and almost-killing, so a part of me is a little miffed about that.

I don't know, I think Theresa suffered plenty with all of the horrible name calling, being treated like dirt by everyone but Caroline, so it's okay with me that things are starting to go her way.  She's working towards becoming a better person, so it's not as if she's still scheming.

• Love 6

I wonder if Abifail will take time out to reflect on her consistently poor choices, selfish tendencies, and disregard for other people's feelings. I wonder if almost marrying a serial killer will have any lasting impact on her. I wonder if she'll have any guilt over Will being murdered by her boyfriend or if she'll even remember him at all. Will Kate realize that she brought Clyde to town in her pathetic attempt to get Jordan away from Rafe, which led to Serial Killer coming to town. I wonder if Lucas will lash out at Kate and Abifail. Will Jen finally act like a parent, stop coddling her worthless daughter, and force her into therapy. I wonder if that baby will die just like most of the other Dimeras. 

I still don't know why Chad wants Abifail since the writers have never bothered to give me a believable explanation. The teens on Dawson's Creek were more believable when they claimed to be in love. Even if I believed it, whatever love he supposed to have for her shouldn't be enough to overcome all of the bad stuff that's happened to him because of his desperation to be with her dirtbag ass. It's not like they have some epic romance. Let her go and let her ruin someone else's life.

• Love 10

I wonder if Abifail will take time out to reflect on her consistently poor choices, selfish tendencies, and disregard for other people's feelings. I wonder if almost marrying a serial killer will have any lasting impact on her. I wonder if she'll have any guilt over Will being murdered by her boyfriend or if she'll even remember him at all. Will Kate realize that she brought Clyde to town in her pathetic attempt to get Jordan away from Rafe, which led to Serial Killer coming to town. I wonder if Lucas will lash out at Kate and Abifail. Will Jen finally act like a parent, stop coddling her worthless daughter, and force her into therapy. I wonder if that baby will die just like most of the other Dimeras. 

I still don't know why Chad wants Abifail since the writers have never bothered to give me a believable explanation. The teens on Dawson's Creek were more believable when they claimed to be in love. Even if I believed it, whatever love he supposed to have for her shouldn't be enough to overcome all of the bad stuff that's happened to him because of his desperation to be with her dirtbag ass. It's not like they have some epic romance. Let her go and let her ruin someone else's life.

I love this entire post!  Will we see Abby actually start to realize that she can't do whatever she wants and that there are actual consequences to her actions?  I would love it if Abby looked at her life and was truly disgusted by her actions and all of the deaths done in her name.  I also think that's why I'm able to accept good things happening to Theresa without her having to be flogged first--we are watching her change for the better and take charge of her life and I would love to see Abby become a better person from all of this needless tragedy.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 7

I also think that's why I'm able to accept good things happening to Theresa without her having to be flogged first--we are watching her change for the better and take charge of her life and I would love to see Abby become a better person from all of this needless tragedy.

You're both right. I wonder why I have a harder time accepting Theresa -- when I honestly like her -- than I do Abigail. What does that say about me, lol? 

• Love 1

1. I don't know what to think about the Thrady--

2. And while I feel bad that an innocent baby's going to suffer, I am absolutely loving that Abby gets to see first hand how her selfish actions have hurt someone else.  She got to walk away from the pain she cause Austin and Carrie and Sami and EJ but not with Ben.  She gets to see how deeply she hurt him by having an affair with Chad and then lying to him about it and I love that she's miserable and that things aren't going her way.  I don't know how much longer will get this but I like that Ben is so disgusted by her and she gets to see his contempt--WOO HOO!!

1. I wasn't paying attention to the recaps when she was all bad so...whatever. I like Thrady2.0. 

2. All of that. She's never been held responsible for anything. Yes, EJ kinda was on her in his quest to keep her quiet about Gabi/Nick but still...she was a grown damn woman in charge of her own vag. She was "the other woman." It wasn't some great love affair. It was sex. Abi was made to be a victim and that's wrong. I was 100% Team Sami on her revenge. 

She's not going to be made to think any of this is her fault, either. I mean, Ben is responsible for his own actions but she's not innocent, either...cheating, lying, coveting Chad, etc... 

3. I wonder if Abifail will take time out to reflect on her consistently poor choices, selfish tendencies, and disregard for other people's feelings. I wonder if almost marrying a serial killer will have any lasting impact on her. I wonder if she'll have any guilt over Will being murdered by her boyfriend or if she'll even remember him at all.

4. Will Kate realize that she brought Clyde to town in her pathetic attempt to get Jordan away from Rafe, which led to Serial Killer coming to town. I wonder if Lucas will lash out at Kate and Abifail.

5. I wonder if that baby will die just like most of the other Dimeras. 

6. I still don't know why Chad wants Abifail since the writers have never bothered to give me a believable explanation. ...It's not like they have some epic romance. Let her go and let her ruin someone else's life.

3.My guess is no. She's be coddled and told she's a fairy princess who has zero blame.

4. Unfortunately, I don't think so. This writing team who effed everything up with this violent bullshit won't explore the "good" parts that could've come from what they wrought. 

5. I hope it lives...b/c Chad got gypped outta Grace. 

6. I think it's the first love thing. Way back 2011, etc...when they first hooked up, etc... Although, I always thought Chabby 1.0 was milquetoast ( mainly b/c of Casey, whose performances I didn't ever "get."). 

• Love 1

I am glad that Ben's been caught and that he in this weird catatonia but now we have to worry if the baby is going to be okay, and that means we also have to endure listening to KM's loudly shrill Mid-western accent while she tries to emote.  She is much more effective in a quieter tones--I liked her asking and then repeating what they should do.  I believed she was in shock and scared out of her mind about her son in that scene.

Good for JJ for noticing the water Ben's slushy foot prints left behind--he does have it in him to be a cop :):)

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 1

JJ will be a supercop. After all the smarts Ben had to pull off the frame up of Chad, he gets caught by JJ doing a fake out because of a wet footprint. JJ showed himself better than all the Salem PD cops and Justin in being able to catch Ben.  Ben did show his mental deterioration though after he got caught, he was still in serial killer mode until handcuffed and then he went incoherent insane. 

I do give JJ a pass for not realizing after he hugged Abby that she delivered because she was wrapped in foil.

For the length of time they were in the cabin, the wrapped it all up pretty fast with it burning down and the escape in this episode. I think they want baby found, brought home, and time skipped before Christmas. 

Chad looked ready to bust through the glass window with that stance he had watching Ben and Abby.

I hope everyone knowing that Ben's the killer helps Chace somewhat. He seems to be deteriorating mentally himself. 

4. Will Kate realize that she brought Clyde to town in her pathetic attempt to get Jordan away from Rafe, which led to Serial Killer coming to town. I wonder if Lucas will lash out at Kate and Abifail.

Why should the blame stop there? Blame Sonny for giving Ben a job that kept him in town, blame Rafe also for doing the same, blame Jordan, blame Will for being Ben's friend. Ben's a killer, he himself said he had disappeared a dozen times before. Sane people don't need to disappear than often. Ben was unstable long ago. Lucas's only living child left has been taken on the run from the Dimera's out of the country, but he should be instead lashing out at Kate and Abby? 

The only person to blame for Ben, is Ben. And now they seem to be showing childhood trauma.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 3

Malcolm talking about he wants his money.

Needy Ciara needs Chase to stay because she has no one.

Chad and Abby are about to fry. Abby said she cant breathe. Oh just pass put already.

Ben has the baby. Baby is crying. Maybe it's hungry or wet. Or happy Abby isn't hold him.

Why should the blame stop there? Blame Sonny for giving Ben a job that kept him in town, blame Rafe also for doing the same, blame Jordan, blame Will for being Ben's friend. Ben's a killer, he himself said he had disappeared a dozen times before. Sane people don't need to disappear than often. Ben was unstable long ago. Lucas's only living child left has been taken on the run from the Dimera's out of the country, but he should be instead lashing out at Kate and Abby? 

The only person to blame for Ben, is Ben. And now they seem to be showing childhood trauma.

I think you might be over simplifying what I was saying. I don't think it's anyone's fault but Ben's (and maybe his upbringing) for him being a murderer, etc...

I was saying that the writers will drop the ball on the guilt that Kate, etc... will feel for bringing Clyde into town. Dropping the ball = giving Kate good scenes and finally us being able to see her mourn her grandson.

• Love 3

I think you might be over simplifying what I was saying. I don't think it's anyone's fault but Ben's (and maybe his upbringing) for him being a murderer, etc...

I was saying that the writers will drop the ball on the guilt that Kate, etc... will feel for bringing Clyde into town. Dropping the ball = giving Kate good scenes and finally us being able to see her mourn her grandson.

Clyde's been gone for months without a mention by Kate and they dropped the ball on Kate mourning Will months ago too. The same day he was killed, she went out drinking and doing business with Nicole like it was a regular day. It's too little too late for mourning scenes now, the writers have quickly moved on. The ball was already dropped.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 1