Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Bo tells Rafe he's dying before his family other than Steve? And he leaves Hope in bed alone in a house she's scared of to do so? Everything Bo related seems so rushed.  I'd find this Rafe & Hope push a lot more natural and organic if they weren't pushing it while Bo's there. 

Loved Steve & Kayla today, Theo not liking being touched and showing his autism was good too. 

• Love 6

She's doing what she's (along with a lot of viewers) always accused Marlena of doing: putting a man (father, rapist, whatever you want to call him) ahead of her children. It's really unlike her, which is why I noticed. And again, the show made a point of saying that she's only been in Salem and Switzerland since Will's death. Up until she was snatched by Andre's goons, that absence was by choice..

Sami has ALWAYS done that, though. That was Will's 2011-2013 issues with her. 

I want you to apologize for being selfish and [putting your needs ahead] of your children
  • Love 1

Will has had  a lifetime of issues with Sami....It is a shame that we will not see the relationship evolve as Will raises his own daughter..Sometimes you get a better understanding of your own parents and their mistakes, provided that those mistakes were not detrimental to you;when you become  a parent yourself..Sami for all her flaws has always loved Will.. It will be interesting to see Johnny's , Allie's and Sydney's view of Sami as their mother..Sami was a kid herself when she had Will..Their dynamic would always be different from her other children...It would still have been interesting to see Will react to his siblings when it comes to their mother...It would mirror Sami's relationship with Marlena, in contrast with her other children: Belle, Eric, Brady and Carrie...That is what soaps are about, relationships that are complicated and fraught with history both good and bad....Unfortunately, the idiots in charge of daytime have forgotten that and that is why we only have 4 soaps left...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

It may be dark and depressing, but I still am enjoying the current shows, especially when I remember what was on screen prior to the writing change.  At least there are larger sets.  And great acting.  And no Pier One elephants.  :)

• Love 8

But Will hadn't just died before Lucas went off to Hong Kong. Yeah, kid characters are totally an afterthought in general, but it's  not like the kids are upstairs with Caroline: they are half (?) a country away with presumably no family to support them. Sami not being with her young children after their brother's murder is pretty crappy.  Crappier than other parental fails on the show? Yeah, in my mind. And really out of character. With the mommy issues that Sami has, it's especially weird that she'd chase after her presumably dead husband instead of tending to her kids in what is probably the most vulnerable time in their lives. She's doing what she's (along with a lot of viewers) always accused Marlena of doing: putting a man (father, rapist, whatever you want to call him) ahead of her children. It's really unlike her, which is why I noticed. And again, the show made a point of saying that she's only been in Salem and Switzerland since Will's death. Up until she was snatched by Andre's goons, that absence was by choice.

*all that said, I think it's more a total fail on the part of the writers rather than an indicator of Sami's character. I'm still holding it against her, though, because I can do that if I choose, just as others can choose to ignore it.

I think it's more out of necessity than by freedom of choice. She only planned to be gone a few days for the funeral. Circumstances changed and she learned her husband, two of her children's father, might be alive! It's not selfish for her to try to reunite with him. And if the kids haven't been told what happened to Will yet, then they aren't grieving about their brother in absence of their mother. Plus, they are already in therapy over EJ's death. I'd imagine it would be far less traumatic to break the news about Will if she could lessen the blow by returning with good news--"Hey, daddy is alive."  And all in all, she's only been gone a few weeks at best. That's not exactly the same as the years that Marlena was missing. Surely, Johnny & Sidney would harbor far more resentment if they found out their father was out there somewhere and they couldn't see him because their mother ignored the letter left with the clues to join him and lead a life free of the mob. 

Bo tells Rafe he's dying before his family other than Steve? And he leaves Hope in bed alone in a house she's scared of to do so? Everything Bo related seems so rushed.  I'd find this Rafe & Hope push a lot more natural and organic if they weren't pushing it while Bo's there. 

Loved Steve & Kayla today, Theo not liking being touched and showing his autism was good too. 

Yes, that was tacky. I get Bo's days are numbered and he has pressing matters to deal with but for pet's sake stay and cuddle with your wife after sex, especially when it might be the last time. Again, Ken Corday's idea of romance. 

• Love 6

Rafe is so stupid. Another attractive woman is paying him attention for some reason but he would rather blow her off and do...whatever it is that he does. 

It's a bit nasty for Hope to be having sex with Bo the day after she married and had sex with Aiden, who then promptly died an hour later. These writers suck at pacing. They act like they found out PR and AS were coming back and then had to write a story for them an hour before taping began. 

• Love 10

It's a bit nasty for Hope to be having sex with Bo the day after she married and had sex with Aiden, who then promptly died an hour later. These writers suck at pacing. They act like they found out PR and AS were coming back and then had to write a story for them an hour before taping began. 

Agree! I had a hard time feeling the romance (even ignoring Bo bolting afterwards) when they had sex in the same bed she sweated up with Aiden a day earlier.  Of all the scenes they edit out, the Haiden wedding night sex should have been one of them. At least then it would be a little less creepy when she hooked up with Bo.

• Love 9

If Hope has a few more eggs left in her womb this might be a problem.

Hope needs a throwaway line having hot flashes and going through menopause so we don't have to even consider another Who's the Daddy storyline and a kid who will be in diapers one week and driving a car the next. 

• Love 5

I don't totally disagree with this now that I've thought about it. Still, Sami was one of the few mothers who was allowed to have her kids around (a lot!), and I always found AS to be a much better actress when she was being a mother instead of....whatever it was they were trying to sell her as for the her last few years on the show. It always gave me the impression that we were supposed to think of Sami as a great mother in spite of what was happening script-wise.

I haven't watched today's episode yet, but I'm  hoping that the "just go with it" attitude I have towards Hope and Bo's reconciliation will be enough to get me through the ickiness of Hope sleeping with Bo only days (day?) after sleeping with the now-dead husband who tried to kill her and Bo sleeping with Hope without bothering to tell her that he's dying. Then getting up and leaving her? Yeah, the Force had better be strong to get me through this one.

• Love 3

Hope needs a throwaway line having hot flashes and going through menopause so we don't have to even consider another Who's the Daddy storyline and a kid who will be in diapers one week and driving a car the next.

You must forgot Marlena got pregnant by FauxRoman at 50 something. Then she lost the baby by falling down a flight of stairs at her penthouse. With Josh and Dena I don't fully trust them they would not try this.

• Love 3

Ok this is what turns me off with this Rope pimping via Bo (brought you by the writers who have a hot nut for the Rafe character). He feels Rafe is the right man for Hope and he recognizes Rafe loves Hope. Ok, Bo, can Hope have the right FINALLY to make her own decisions without you interfering from the grave. If she wants Rafe she'll have him and she wants another she can have them too. I just hate the writers are now rushing Rope. I could be on board but I haven't seen enough chemistry to make me buy into this pairing yet and I feel these writers will have them as a couple sooner than one can think.

• Love 6

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who found the Bo/Hope sex scene to be freaky the day after she had sex with and married Aiden. This was in the same house, bed, and 24hr STP (Salem Time Period). I know that Bo's time is limited, but this was a bit much. With Hope being on the verge of a breakdown and hallucinating, you would think that the phrase "perhaps this is too soon" would have crossed the writer's mind.

And we're off with the Rafe propping! What better approval can a fella get than that of a dying man? IMO, the last thing Hope needs for a while is another love interest. She needs counseling!

Nice job NuTheo. I think his reactions to the news about Lani and Ciara touching him were great.

Speaking of Ciara....Her bossiness is pretty much right on target. She is getting on my nerves the same way that LB did in her portrayal of Ciara.

Ahhhh.....Steve and Kayla. That's what I like to see. A little mystery, a little attitude, and some good ol romance.

• Love 5

It may be dark and depressing, but I still am enjoying the current shows, especially when I remember what was on screen prior to the writing change.  At least there are larger sets.  And great acting.  And no Pier One elephants.  :)

^This. The show is miles better than it was--better character development, better acting, better pacing, better sets, etc.--the actors are clearly excited and I think that's rubbing off on the audience. I guess I just watch a lot of dark shows, but I'm still finding a lot to enjoy here. Hell, even the Ben/Abby/Chad triangle isn't bothering me as much anymore. Abby's still a twit but at least KM has dialed the overacting back about 150%.

I just can't get upset at this Rafe/Bo/Hope thing either, especially since it's a direct result of PR's decision. I would be pissed if it was written that Hope would never love another man after Bo, so part of me is glad that Bo is trying to do the right thing by letting Rafe know that he wants Hope to move on and be happy. I don't think Bo is making decisions for Hope either because it's not like he's forcing her to be with Rafe. He's simply telling Rafe that he knows he loves Hope and that he's okay with that. It also doesn't mean that Rafe is going to jump into bed with Hope anytime soon either. In fact, I'll be very surprised if that happens. In the meantime, I'm just enjoying the emotional scenes that Peter and Kristian are giving us.

I'm really liking the teen scene so far, but Vivian Jovanni is definitely the weak link there. That said, I'm all about giving the younger actors time to learn since there are plenty of examples of older Days actors who weren't the strongest out of the gate (e.g. Kristian Alfonso, Missy Reeves, Billy Warlock, etc.). I'm especially loving the interaction between Joey and Theo. James Lastovic continues to do a good job and Kyler Pettis is especially delightful as Theo.

If there's a prize for selling the most organic, romantic onscreen interaction, SN and MBE would win it hands down. I'm always surprised how much they manage to suck me in after all these years. Steve and Kayla can be fighting one minute and kissing the next and I totally buy it because they know how to sell it. That's great acting, y'all. I'm anxiously waiting to see where their mystery storyline goes.

Anyway, I know there are unhappy people who aren't enjoying the show right now, but I sure am.

• Love 12

I just can't get upset at this Rafe/Bo/Hope thing either, especially since it's a direct result of PR's decision. I would be pissed if it was written that Hope would never love another man after Bo, so part of me is glad that Bo is trying to do the right thing by letting Rafe know that he wants Hope to move on and be happy. I don't think Bo is making decisions for Hope either because it's not like he's forcing her to be with Rafe. He's simply telling Rafe that he knows he loves Hope and that he's okay with that. It also doesn't mean that Rafe is going to jump into bed with Hope anytime soon either. In fact, I'll be very surprised if that happens. In the meantime, I'm just enjoying the emotional scenes that Peter and Kristian are giving us.

THIS!  UO, but I've liked GG since Passions and IMO he gets a raw deal.  Plus, he and KA brings the pretty so I say bring on Rope.

• Love 3

I wish I had the flower concession for the Salem Inn.  I'd be making a fortune.

Peggy McKay's shirt is gorgeous.  I liked the scene between Joey and Caroline.

Was Ciara in the house while Bo and Hope were bumping uglies?

I think Kyler Pettis is doing a good job with Theo's autism.

That is what soaps are about, relationships that are complicated and fraught with history both good and bad....Unfortunately, the idiots in charge of daytime have forgotten that and that is why we only have 4 soaps left...

Exactly this. Perfectly said.

I just read on another site that Tomsell was going to kill off Caroline. Peggy Mckay who plays her, said that..The new writers saved her from that..I often wonder what Tomsell were going to do with the show for the 50th..

That would have been a better: a natural death to bring everyone back for the 50th. They could have done flashbacks and then "celebrate" her life and do a big party, etc... not this stupid fucking serial killer bullshit.

• Love 4

I just read on another site that Tomsell was going to kill off Caroline. Peggy Mckay who plays her, said that..The new writers saved her from that..I often wonder what Tomsell were going to do with the show for the 50th..

Kill everyone but Abigail and Chad and start over from scratch.  They would be the new Tom and Alice Horton.

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 1

Why does anyone think it's a good idea for Hope to be in that house, especially leaving her there alone. Let her go stay with Doug and Julie, or why was it that she didn't go to Jennifer's? Hell, even Victor's would be better than being in the house where she was almost murdered.

I wondered too who are the people at the surprise Bo party.

• Love 4

So instead of killing off Caroline, they decided Will, Bo, and Aiden would be better options?

Sami's SL is so obviously Ken Corday's attempt to try to get the Ejami's to start watching again.  Maybe he should not have been so gleeful about baiting and jerking around certain fanbases, and alienated them in the first place.

• Love 8

I wondered too who are the people at the surprise Bo party.

Clearly not Hope or Kayla and Steve which makes the party even more strange. I guess this is everyone that hasn't seen him yet???

Sami's SL is so obviously Ken Corday's attempt to try to get the Ejami's to start watching again.  Maybe he should not have been so gleeful about baiting and jerking around certain fanbases, and alienated them in the first place.

AMEN!

As an Ejami fan I'm thankful they did something to attempt to fix the mess they closed Sami and EJ's storyline with last October and I did come back, after dropping the show like a hot potato, to see the 50th and what they'd do with Sami. However, I've not seen a whole lot else to convince me to keep tuning in once AS departs again. 

• Love 1

Who in the world was at that surprise party?  The people most likely to be there (Hope, Ciara, Kayla, Steve) were off doing other stuff.

When I saw that scene, all I thought was its clear the medication isn't working. I mean, who is there? Not his sister, who Bo has always been super close to. Not his best bud, who he loves like a brother since we know Steve is with Kayla. Hope is falling apart, so she's not at Bo's party. Joey, Bo's nephew and the son of Steve and Kayla will apparently not be there, unless he and Ciara and maybe Theo made it back to the pub. Sami is being held hostage, John and Marlena are who knows where. So Roman, Victor, Eric, Brady, Theresa with the possibility of Ciara, Joey, Theo, John and Marlena. Hell, even if all of Salem were there, the glaring omission of Hope, Kayla, and Steve means Caroline remains loopy.

What I liked today:

1) Caroline's scene with Joey, it was funny and cute and all too brief. I think it's their first scene together since the SORASing.

2) Joey's scenes with Theo. I hope we get more of them, I like their friendship. The actors are really selling the 'we've been friends since childhood and really know one another.' It also gives us another side of Joey and takes us into Theo's world, which is how you flesh out characters for long-term growth and storylines.

3) Theo's reaction to being hugged by Ciara and her realization that such expressions are not standard for Theo. Again, it makes us believe they have actually known each other for more than three days.

4) Steve and Kayla scenes. I liked the conversation which began with a mutual crooked eye. However, I still say Steve needs to be made to work for Kayla. Why must she always cave. Yes I know it's part of who she is, but I loved her finally letting Steve have it at the hospital. Kayla needs to remember she is in the right and Steve needs to realize that he has to atone.

5) No Abby or storylines that involve Abby. Happy, Happy. Joy, Joy.

What I didn't like:

1) The rushed Bo and Hope sex scene in Attempted Murder house and sex in I just sexed up my attempted murderer bed.

2) Rafe propping ala Dena. You are already making me dislike Rafe because, no, neither the actor nor the character deserve the propping. Have we learned nothing from Taniel, Abby, Melanie and the countless other times such propping has backfired. Better characters have been sacrificed for these people and in the instance of Jennifer, she has yet to recover from her stint as Taniel pimp. Think of how kickass BF could be if he wasn't saddled with Abigail; even Ben has demonstrated the ability to actually act, had he been moved from the Amazing Orbit, he might still be a viable character.

3) The surprise party without crucial guests.

4) Still not getting Lani's purpose other than the non reveal that she is Abe's daughter, and to throw herself at a Rafe. Is she there to convince us that like Abby, Rafe is AMAZING and the object of two women's desires.

• Love 4

^This. The show is miles better than it was--better character development, better acting, better pacing, better sets, etc.--the actors are clearly excited and I think that's rubbing off on the audience. I guess I just watch a lot of dark shows, but I'm still finding a lot to enjoy here. Hell, even the Ben/Abby/Chad triangle isn't bothering me as much anymore. Abby's still a twit but at least KM has dialed the overacting back about 150%.

I'm really liking the teen scene so far, but Vivian Jovanni is definitely the weak link there. That said, I'm all about giving the younger actors time to learn since there are plenty of examples of older Days actors who weren't the strongest out of the gate (e.g. Kristian Alfonso, Missy Reeves, Billy Warlock, etc.). I'm especially loving the interaction between Joey and Theo. James Lastovic continues to do a good job and Kyler Pettis is especially delightful as Theo.

If there's a prize for selling the most organic, romantic onscreen interaction, SN and MBE would win it hands down. I'm always surprised how much they manage to suck me in after all these years. Steve and Kayla can be fighting one minute and kissing the next and I totally buy it because they know how to sell it. That's great acting, y'all. I'm anxiously waiting to see where their mystery storyline goes.

Anyway, I know there are unhappy people who aren't enjoying the show right now, but I sure am.

Great post!  I agree with all of it, especially SN and MBE.  Their scenes were everything today.

I don't blame Bo for telling Rafe.  It IS Rafe, after all,   He would need things spelled out, and using small words.  Not the sharpest pencil in the box.

I don't know why anybody's worried about Sami's kids.  They've been Sorased like everyone else and are now on the road working for Barnum and Bailey.

• Love 3

I feel like Ciara has a slightly different accent from her parents (and the previous actress who played her), and it's kind of distracting to me.  Like, maybe the actress can act (or, uh, actually maybe she can't if she's looking at cue cards to the side), but it feels like she grew up in another state from her parents.

I think Rafe might have shown more emotion over Bo's plight than his sister dying in the street. Did Rafe suddenly get an acting coach?

Hope's storyline seems scarier than Abigail's. I feel in fear for Hope, but not much of anything for Abs. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 5

Was Ciara in the house while Bo and Hope were bumping uglies?

I'm shocked she wasn't outside the bedroom door yelling, "Dad, are you doing it with her yet? Well, are you? MOM, DAD WANTS TO DO IT WITH YOU WHY DON'T YOU JUST DO IT WITH HIM ALREADY!"

Agree that the timing made the Bo and Hope love scene really strange and squicky. If they were going to have them do this, it should have been much more emotional and less quote-unquote romantic. Like have them both be crying at the fact they are in each others' arms again. I can't believe that Bo left Hope alone in that house, in that room where she'd been freaking out, to go talk to Rafe.

GG was killing it in that conversation though. I see your eyes glistening, Rafe. I thought he emoted really effectively - made me feel his love for Hope and what it has cost him to suppress it like he has. I am all for Hope having someone she can lean on. My knee-jerk reaction to Bo's paternalistic maneuvering was that dammit Hope can take care of herself! But actually, right now, she really can't, and it's only going to get worse.

Edited by micat
  • Love 6

GG was killing it in that conversation though. I see your eyes glistening, Rafe. I thought he emoted really effectively - made me feel his love for Hope and what it has cost him to suppress it like he has. I am all for Hope having someone she can lean on. My knee-jerk reaction to Bo's paternalistic maneuvering was that dammit Hope can take care of herself! But actually, right now, she really can't, and it's only going to get worse.

God forgive me, I feel the same way about Rafe.  And I have proof - written proof - that I have NEVER said anything positive about Rafe other than he has pretty eyebrows.  But lately he hasn't been.....bad.  Sometimes, he's even......good.  There, I said it.  

Now, the next time we see him with Gabi, he'll be back to being his usual overbearing brother bully, but with Hope, he's been fine.  And while I wish he would take some initative on what Chad's told him, for the first time in forever I'm not finding Rafe to be little more than an annoying, talking, shoe tree.  

If he has had an acting coach, and that coach has taught him how to dial down the sullen sneer, that would be all for the good.

I know it's all speculation, but please, Show, NO Hope/Bo baby.  

• Love 8

I just realized Hope cutting up that dress was similar to Ciara cutting up Carly's clothes a few years ago. LOL. Like mother, like daughter.

Hope's storyline seems scarier than Abigail's. I feel in fear for Hope, but not much of anything for Abs.

Your post FTW.

• Love 2

The "bang her" one is perfect. So very #Days50 with throwing it all back 50 years. 

Sure, I give you permission to bang my wife when I die. She doesn't have a mind of her own so she'll have no opinion on whether or not she want to bang anyone, much less you.

AARGH.

• Love 5

I've never disliked Rafe.  I've always been kind of meh about him.  I knew he was brought on to be paired with Sami because for whatever reason, Ken Corday and the writers didn't feel Lucas was a good foil for EJ.  Alison Sweeney gave it her all when it came to selling the Sami/Rafe pairing, and it amused me that she would always chose Rafe and Lucas over EJ.

I did see some sparks with Rafe/Hope when Hope took Ciara to see Rafe, after Rafe got out of the hospital and was still in a wheelchair.  They could have paired Rafe/Hope back then and put Aiden with Kayla before Steve and Bo returned.  It's the idiotic propping the writers try to do that ruins things.

Please let Sami shoot Andre before this SL is over.

• Love 7

I feel like Ciara has a slightly different accent from her parents (and the previous actress who played her), and it's kind of distracting to me.  Like, maybe the actress can act (or, uh, actually maybe she can't if she's looking at cue cards to the side), but it feels like she grew up in another state from her parents.

Every time she speaks I am hearing Nora from The Leftovers!  It's an unusual accent and voice.

Okay, it is still the day after the wedding and killing of Aiden?  How long is this day.  Didn't Jen come over to make lunch for Hope and co., only to have Ciara later talk about getting lunch for them?  Hope came home, Jen came over, Hope decided to go to Jen's, packed a very large suitcase, changed her mind, dragged the suitcase up the stairs, found the bloody dress, freaked out, screwed Bo, got depressed, Ciara bought her a locket, she went to a party at the Brady Pub....and also had several conversations with Chase, Ciara, and others.  This day has a lot of hours.

Seeing Hope all happy at the party the day after she was almost murdered by who she thinks is a serial killer who murdered her nephew, was all kinds of wrong.  I feel like Hope should be kicking into detective mode and trying to make sense of Aiden as a serial killer.  She should be considering that maybe he murdered his first wife.

The "bang her" one is perfect. So very #Days50 with throwing it all back 50 years. 

Sure, I give you permission to bang my wife when I die. She doesn't have a mind of her own so she'll have no opinion on whether or not she want to bang anyone, much less you.

AARGH.

On OLTL, Viki's husband Joe Riley was dying so he set her up with Clint Buchanan.  Sounds like this is the same deal.

• Love 7

So John admits he was fired to Marlena. He seemed pretty rude to Chad when he was one who falsely accused him of murder. What did he ever do to John?

Aww at the phone call with Chelsea. Wish we could have had her return. That was a great scene, also loved Bo giving Steve the bike.

Last night kind of did happen Ciara. Hope sure is over Aiden and everything super fast. Now another wedding hours later.

Marlena's smarter than Rafe or Jennifer, she thinks something is wrong too. 

Was that Bo's death that Caroline  dreamed? If so we'll see Bo die in Hope's arms outside sitting on the bench in the snow in the park? Similar to Lexie death scene.

Ben doesn't even seem to care if his baby dies he's so far gone.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2

I've never disliked Rafe.  I've always been kind of meh about him.  I knew he was brought on to be paired with Sami because for whatever reason, Ken Corday and the writers didn't feel Lucas was a good foil for EJ.  Alison Sweeney gave it her all when it came to selling the Sami/Rafe pairing, and it amused me that she would always chose Rafe and Lucas over EJ.

I did see some sparks with Rafe/Hope when Hope took Ciara to see Rafe, after Rafe got out of the hospital and was still in a wheelchair.  They could have paired Rafe/Hope back then and put Aiden with Kayla before Steve and Bo returned.  It's the idiotic propping the writers try to do that ruins things.

Please let Sami shoot Andre before this SL is over.

I  think it would have been cool to see Hope and Kayla in happy relationships with other men when Steve and Bo came back.Kayla  had a nice dynamic with Aiden..It would have been an interesting dynamic...Especially for Kayla she has always had rivals for Steve..Steve has never had any when it came to Kayla..Jack does not really count because  it was not a real relationship. Kayla never consummated her marriage to Jack..Hope always got psychos with hidden agendas. The show did the same thing to Wilson..Will always had rivals for Sonny..Sonny never had any for Will..It is almost like these guys had ownership over their respective partners...Conversely,  Jennifer, Kimberly and Sami always had options when it came to men, but their men never had any...Jack, Shane and Lucas never had other women that were viable partners...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6