Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Hope and Sami aren't related by blood, right?

I can see chemistry between Hope and Rafe, and I think he's less annoying with her for some reason (I can't put my finger on why since the smug is always there anyway), but Hope never seemed like the type to go with her niece's ex-husband (I like that about her and Kayla). That's the only part of their pairing I might find jarring, although I can forget that Sami and Rafe ever existed as a couple.

Hope is Sami's aunt via marriage to Bo. Sami always refers to Bo and Hope as "Aunt Hope and Uncle Bo" even in her adult years.

This wouldn't be the first time Sami and Hope had similar interest in men. Back in the 90s, Franco tried to get with Hope. Then when Hope reunited with Bo, Franco went with Sami.

I dont think Sami would care if Hope went with Rafe. Shes been done with Rafe for a long time and Rafe has even dated Carrie. No she wont have an issue but it wont matter since she's leaving soon.

• Love 2

Hope is Sami's aunt via marriage to Bo. Sami always refers to Bo and Hope as "Aunt Hope and Uncle Bo" even in her adult years.

This wouldn't be the first time Sami and Hope had similar interest in men. Back in the 90s, Franco tried to get with Hope. Then when Hope reunited with Bo, Franco went with Sami.

I dont think Sami would care if Hope went with Rafe. Shes been done with Rafe for a long time and Rafe has even dated Carrie. No she wont have an issue but it wont matter since she's leaving soon.

Franco was only using Sami. He told Kate that he hated Sami and was disgusted by her..In fact Kate was blackmailing him to call off his wedding to Sami in order to humiliate her. Franco did not want to do that because he would not be able to stay in the country. He tried to kill Kate with a fire poker and Lucas killed him in her defense and that led to that awesome story of Kate framing Sami for his murder, putting her on death row, in order to get custody of Will....The show was on fire back then and character driven...

• Love 3

Oh, I realize that Sami wouldn't have an issue with Rafe and Hope as a couple, especially since he lusted after her sister (geez, who hasn't? except for EJ, who had to make things equally bad by sleeping with  Abigail, who isn't related to Sami, but happens to be the most annoying woman of all time -- I'm sure Kanye would agree with me).

I just kind of like it when certain characters don't try to date within the family, although I forgot about Franco and Hope being together.

However, I do think Hope and Rafe work well with each other, even when they're doing their  incompetent police stuff. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4

OK, so if the bad guy comes after Joey and Steve, it's all on her, but will she take the blame?  No, "I thought you would figure it out."

Sami and Andre talking over each other was pretty funny. I wish they'd quit giving us dark, dark rooms that we can't see, though. Andre is still wearing the white shirt with black collar from about two weeks ago.

OK, Hope needs a therapist, stat. I guess we see Bo pushing Rafe to take Hope when he dies.

Black Patch?  Jeez.

Why would Steve go to that hotel room without backup, especially since he and John just made a pact to form a new partnership?

• Love 2

He was at Hope's wedding which is just the night before in DAYS time. Ari has her mom, grandparents, uncle and family. Lucas should be going to LA to get Allie, since her mother has abandoned her. Allie probably still doesn't know Will is dead.

Sami has hardly abandoned her kids. Time wise in Salem she's probably only been gone 2 weeks even if it's a a month our time. As you pointed out, Hope's wedding night and the following morning/afternoon have carried on for far longer in the real world. I think we can assume Sami has left the children in adequate care in CA where she feels they are safer anyways and, as evident by Andre today, rightfully so. Now I'll concede it's strange that Allie didn't come back to see her father, but perhaps it's a school issue. Either way, the real answer is that Days does not want to do the casting of Allie at this point. 

Im watching the chemistry test between Hope and Rafe and I still dont see it... yet. If Dena Higley is smart she'll build them up slowly and not rush it. Kristian Alfonso always has great chemistry with every man shes been paired on this show. 

I can see some chemistry with them but I agree a slow build would be the best approach. For one, because Hope will still be grieving. And two, because the show never does that anymore so it would actually be original.  I want to feel the build up to that first kiss, first time together, etc like in the old days. 

Sami and Andre talking over each other was pretty funny. I wish they'd quit giving us dark, dark rooms that we can't see, though. Andre is still wearing the white shirt with black collar from about two weeks ago.

I know! My tv screen was so dark it was hard to see them except for Sami's blonde hair.  Andre is probably still wearing the same clothes because it's probably still the same day ;-)

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 4

Yesterday Chase said:  I miss him every second of every minute of every day, referring to Aiden.  But he's not even been dead 24 hours!

This Bo dying storyline is so strange, especially when such a big deal was being made about Caroline and that she might die, and everyone had to go to the ends of the earth to help her.  And now Bo is just going to....die?  Of a brain tumour?  It would have been better if he was murdered or in an accident, I think.

Edited by bannana
  • Love 8

This Bo dying storyline is so strange, especially when such a big deal was being made about Caroline and that she might die, and everyone had to go to the ends of the earth to help her.  And now Bo is just going to....die?  Of a brain tumour?  It would have been better if he was murdered or in an accident, I think.

I agree. If Bo is going to die and that's PR's reference for the character I'd rather see him go out in a big shoot-out or something exciting than suffer a depressing illness where we are forced to sniffle through his good-bye's to everyone. I've seen enough grieving on this show. Marlena should be raking in the overtime hours. 

• Love 8

Why would Steve go to that hotel room without backup, especially since he and John just made a pact to form a new partnership?

Based solely on my current viewing of very old Steve/Kayla, I have realized that Steve is kind of an idiot when it comes to dangerous situations. He is so devoted to his 'lone wolf' persona that he tends to just go off on his own all the time and, so far, I haven't seen it end well very often. It usually results in his getting beat up or stabbed or shot.

• Love 11

They have a lot of foliage in Salem.  I wonder if there was a sale at Michael's and the set decorator stocked up. I wonder if it is easier to shoot in the forest than in a town with street facades?

So will John and Steve search for Sami as their first case?

• Love 2

They have a lot of foliage in Salem.  I wonder if there was a sale at Michael's and the set decorator stocked up. I wonder if it is easier to shoot in the forest than in a town with street facades?

Lately, in Salem, you can't see the forest for the dicks-for-brains.

• Love 5

I will say Mary Beth Evans is killing the scenes.

She like "Shit, you all killing off my onscreen brother, huh? I'm going to show you all better than I can tell you, I can act and get my Emmy reel together."

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 4

I don't think Stefano believed Andre for a second. As for Marlena saying Stefano can't hurt Sami because of the children? Meh, if Sami's going after the Dimeras and don't care about what hurting them does to her children then it's fair game for them to go after her.

They're not even waiting for Bo to die before pushing this Rafe and Hope relationship. When in fact just yesterday she was married to Aiden!

John said he quit the ISA? Liar liar, you got fired.

Of course Stefano didn't believe Andre, he's old, he's not stupid.

Let the great Rafe propping begin. Let's just ignore how despite being on the show for years and being paired with some of the best actresses on the show, he has yet to make much of an impact as a solo or when coupled.

Technically, John didn't lie. In the real world, when you accept a job and then proceed to fail to show up for your assignments, you have for all intents and purposes quit. Being sackedjust formalizes what you put in motion and have clearly expressed to be your desire -- to no longer work at the job. We are just used to Salemverse where people never show up for work, yet still magically collect pay checks.

Steve and John going into business together makes sense. Once again though, clearly Steve is the smarter dude having come up to a solution for John's recent unemployment as well as employment issues w/his marriage to Marlena.

No Abigail today--always a plus!

This answers my question of whether John would be made Steve's new best bud, now that Bo will no longer be around.

Let the church say Amen. Without Abigail and the stories connected to her, I had nothing to fast forward through.

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 4

Let the great Rafe propping begin. Let's just ignore how despite being on the show for years and being paired with some of the best actresses on the show, he has yet to make much of an impact as a solo or when coupled.

Let the church say Amen. Without Abigail and the stories connected to her, I had nothing to fast forward through.

The show wants Rafe to be the new white knight so bad. It's like Daniel. They paired him with just about every beautiful actress on the show even made him Maggie's lost embryo and most still can't stand him. If he can't have magic with the long suffering soap Hope Williams Brady then I don't know who he could.

And yesss Abigail free episode!!! It felt great. Just not to see her for once in a long time.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 3

Based solely on my current viewing of very old Steve/Kayla, I have realized that Steve is kind of an idiot when it comes to dangerous situations. He is so devoted to his 'lone wolf' persona that he tends to just go off on his own all the time and, so far, I haven't seen it end well very often. It usually results in his getting beat up or stabbed or shot.

Yes, Steve and his many ideas often boardered on the idiotic. Case-in-point, the whole "I'm walking out on my family to protect them, but when I'm in my feels, I'll come back to claim them, oh wait, the danger is still there, my bad Kayla, take me back anyway because I loves you sweetness." What's frightening is that in Salemverse, Steve is often the smartest person in the room, Case-in-Point, the whole, "Bo running out on Hope, Ciara and his elderly mother, whose life he was on a mission to save, doesn't make a whole lot of sense, let me look into this/find and rescue Bo."

• Love 6

I happened to see bits of today and yes, I'm still swearing off the show and no, I wasn't kidding, but the sight of Sami briefly caught my interest.

If this is supposedly still the DAY AFTER THE WEDDING, has Sami been imprisoned for all of five minutes before Andre went to tell Marlena?

Sami being taken has no impact because A) all of her "EJ and I are awesome together!1!" crap sounds pathetic, B) Marlena is pulling out the exact same tired song she used to try and save her own hide from being thrown out a window (except it failed to have any effect on Stefano then too, Mar, remember?) C) we have NO CONCRETE IDEA just what was in the safety deposit box or why it would be valuable or scary to Andre and D) we've seen some variation of this already, times a hundred, and the budget and writing was far better.

And E) We know Sami will be fine and escape quickly and EJ ain't coming back.

...and still I watched. Parts. What's sadder?

I can't can't can't deal with this Bo story's ADD. Bo's back! Aiden's dead! Hope's sad! Aiden was good! Aiden was crazy! Hope's sad! Bo's happy! Bo's dying! Hope's sad! Bo's Team Rafe! Go kiss Rafe, Hope!

!?!?!?!!!?!?

It almost makes me long for more scenes of Eve's grief. At least I could follow that.

Black Patch is beyond stupid. I hope Jawn pulls a muscle hanging the sign over the doorway and has to take all the seats and appreciate his wife for a change. Remember how you promised to re-devote yourself to her? No? You fear aging? Alrighty then.

I'd rather see John get killed off than Bo. Wish we could have switched. John and his (who here came up with it again?) "Pelican Kisses" nauseate me.

Kayla is a great actress stuck in a lousy show. I think she trashed her desk over storyline frustration.

Gee, how coincidental that Ava's hotel room has the same layout as Kristin's did. And the same built-in bar. And the same painting. And she last used that room in 2013, people. Makeover STAT!

...when was the last time anyone saw Paul? Has he been killed by Ben between scenes?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 4

If this is supposedly still the DAY AFTER THE WEDDING, has Sami been imprisoned for all of five minutes before Andre went to tell Marlena?

Sami being taken has no impact because A) all of her "EJ and I are awesome together!1!" crap sounds pathetic, B) Marlena is pulling out the exact same tired song she used to try and save her own hide from being thrown out a window (except it failed to have any effect on Stefano then too, Mar, remember?) C) we have NO CONCRETE IDEA just what was in the safety deposit box or why it would be valuable or scary to Andre and D) we've seen some variation of this already, times a hundred, and the budget and writing was far better.

Since this is one of the few storylines I actually give a crap about and am intrigued by I think I can fill in the pieces here:

Sami's "EJ and I are awesome togetherness" was meant to throw Andre off after he picked up on her talking as if EJ was still alive. Apparently Andre knows nothing of this so Sami had to cover.  That scene seems to confirm that Andre was not behind Sami's EJ letter, did not send her on a trap via the Switzerland trip, nor knows anything of EJ's possible faked death.

Also from today's scenes I think we can infer that the contents of the safety deposit box contain evidence (aside from the money also referenced) to bring Stefano down. EJ intended for Sami to use it so they could be free of Stef's influence, but Andre wants it now so he can over-throw dear old dad. 

Basically today's episode revealed (or clarified) Andre's true intentions with the Dimera family. 

• Love 3

Ooooookaaaaaaay. I didn't get all that. I was eating as I watched so thanks for giving me the nuances there.

Okay. That's not terrible writing then. I guess I'm just so disappointed in this overall Anniversary I'm burned out.

• Love 1

I happened to see bits of today and yes, I'm still swearing off the show and no, I wasn't kidding, but the sight of Sami briefly caught my interest.

...and still I watched. Parts. What's sadder?

I can't can't can't deal with this Bo story's ADD. Bo's back! Aiden's dead! Hope's sad! Aiden was good! Aiden was crazy! Hope's sad! Bo's happy! Bo's dying! Hope's sad! Bo's Team Rafe! Go kiss Rafe, Hope!

!?!?!?!!!?!?

It almost makes me long for more scenes of Eve's grief. At least I could follow that.

Black Patch is beyond stupid. I hope Jawn pulls a muscle hanging the sign over the doorway and has to take all the seats and appreciate his wife for a change. Remember how you promised to re-devote yourself to her? No? You fear aging? Alrighty then.

I'd rather see John get killed off than Bo. Wish we could have switched. John and his (who here came up with it again?) "Pelican Kisses" nauseate me.

Kayla is a great actress stuck in a lousy show. I think she trashed her desk over storyline frustration.

Gee, how coincidental that Ava's hotel room has the same layout as Kristin's did. And the same built-in bar. And the same painting. And she last used that room in 2013, people. Makeover STAT!

...when was the last time anyone saw Paul? Has he been killed by Ben between scenes?

I agree on the whole Sami storyline because we know she's gone shortly and The DiMeras remain on canvass, so No Sami, your plan will not work. Not even Days is dumb enough to have a broke and powerless DiMera family on screen when a new and effective villain is so needed. NO! I do not mean TB as Ava. My only hope for this storyline is that she is another short-contract player.

If Bo and Hope sleep together and we get another WTD story since two weeks later, we remain on the same day, I will scream. Before you point out Hope's age. Her mother was in the same age-range when she had Hope. I mean she had two grown children and was a grandmother by the time Hope came along.

I kinda like BlackPatch, it promises humor, hijinks and shenanagins and we desperately need some on the show.

I love Bo too, but I can't help loving John just based on DH as RomaJohn. He and Marlena have been one of my favs since that time.

I would love MBE to be the one to take down Ava and make it clear to Steve she is no linger going to take his crap. But since the showrunners love to dump on Kayla, I know I will never get my wish. As you noted, MBE is a damn good actress and she rarely gets to shine.

I was off Days during the Kristen return (hate the character and never much cared for the actress) so it's new to me, but I thought the room was OTT and if Steve doesn't get out of there, his role as incurable idiot is confirmed.

• Love 4

Hey, my happy posters!  GREAT posts on Schizo Salem.  I've been around but a sick animal kept me too worked up to do much posting.  Things better now, thank God.

Anyway, no matter how crazy, or how strangely behaved he is, I do get a kick out of Andre - due probably exclusively to how Thaao Penglis plays him.   He's always just one clown face away from Stephen King's "IT".  His conversations with Sami, especially when they were talking over each other were delightfully nuts.  

While I don't miss Sami in that "the show will never be the same" fashion, I do enjoy her when she gets scenes like she got today with Andre.  I can't fault her for not being in any apparent active mourning for Will, since Will and Sonny seem to have been forgotten in pretty fast order by one and all.  I don't think Bo's even had a moment to react to that particular death.  

Again, no blame there, since he's back with an incurable tumor and dealing with Ciara who needs to have her lips sown shut and Hope on the verge - or in the middle of - a nervous breakdown.  Tough stuff, all of it, but PR and KA are delivering in spades IMO.

Okay, I've now shaken off whatever lingering questions I had about Steve's return, after seeing him with Bo after Bo told him his diagnosis, and then today, with Kayla.  I'm not so thrilled that his male pairing will now be with "Pull my Finger" Jawn, since I think even Ari would be a smarter partner for Steve than him.  But there's nobody else.

Victor slamming Brady didn't bother me one little bit.  As far as I'm concerned, somebody needs to slam that lunkhead repeatedly and then do it again.  Brady is such a bully, and almost always to people weaker than himself that I have no sympathy.  And also, very little interest, so I hate seeing Theresa wasted with this guy.

But as far as Theresa goes, Victor really needs to STFU.  Not because she's such an innocent, but because Victor has done far worse, and for far longer.

Oh yeah, Abigail is still kidnapped.  Salem police statistics will show that during Abigail's absence, the number of personal attacks on unsuspecting women Lil' Miss doesn't happen to like will have fallen dramatically.

What I'd really like to see happen, is Sami escape from Andre by exiting through a tunnel in the cabin Abigail is held in.  And when Sami sees her tied up, she just walks over, gives her a slap and walks out the door.  

• Love 9

Sami has hardly abandoned her kids. Time wise in Salem she's probably only been gone 2 weeks even if it's a a month our time. As you pointed out, Hope's wedding night and the following morning/afternoon have carried on for far longer in the real world.

It's not about real world, but what they're showing on screen and saying on screen. She's been gone over a month.

Will's tombstone they've shown says Oct 9 as his death. The Bicentenial/wedding invite they've shown says Nov 9th. That's a month since it's Nov 10th, that Sami has yet to go and see her kids, she also said on screen that she never told them about Will's death before running off to search for EJ. So she either called them up and told them their brother was murdered or she still has yet to tell them. Either way doesn't work as a good parent.

A month without seeing your kids and leaving them alone with no parent is abandoning.  Lucas should go get his kid, leaving Alli in LA for  month with no parent is just as dumb for him. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2

If you only go by what you see onscreen, then we've been watching an entire town that hasn't used a bathroom in 50 years.  And the only one who even passes gas is Jawn.  Frankly, I'm surprised people's tempers are as good as they are when you consider that.

By all means, only believe what you see onscreen.

Sami also hasn't watered her houseplants, rotated her spices, or replaced the box of baking soda in her refrigerator.  

HANG HER!

Edited by boes
  • Love 6

I haven't scene the Sami and Andre scenes but have they referenced the fact that they used to date?

Well Andre was pretending to be Tony back then, but just the same.  Sami did start to fall for him.

• Love 1

I haven't scene the Sami and Andre scenes but have they referenced the fact that they used to date?

Well Andre was pretending to be Tony back then, but just the same.  Sami did start to fall for him.

That's just gross. Blech.

• Love 1

It's not about real world, but what they're showing on screen and saying on screen. She's been gone over a month. Will's tombstone they've shown says Oct 9 as his death. The Bicentenial/wedding invite they've shown says Nov 9th. That's a month since it's Nov 10th

Salem exists in a time warp. There, there is no October 19-31. Recall we also didn't see any trick or treaters knocking at Hope's beautiful craftsman door before it got smashed up on November 9th, a day that is 72 hours long. In Salem, children age from 9 to 16 in a week's time. A trip from California to the Midwest takes a half hour tops. For all we know Sami made a pit stop at home on her way back from Switzerland to check on her tots. After all, if EJ really was the tall man on the security video three days before he "died," then he also made a trip from Salem to Switzerland without Sami or the kids realizing.  In the grand scheme of things, it's generally best to not overthink these things. 

Edited to add: I'm not trying to be snarky, I'm simply making fun of the continuity and enormous amount of suspension of disbelief needed to watch this show. Even my 11 year old who occasionally catches pieces of it thinks it's crazy. I actually had to explain it was normal for the soap genre. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 7

If Stefano really wanted the kids, he knows where they are and where they've been all this time. It's also really easy to get them since they've been all alone all this time.  

. For all we know Sami made a pit stop at home on her way back from Switzerland to check on her tots.

We could have believed or assumed that she made a trip back to LA at some point if they didn't have her outright say she came straight from Switzerland back to Salem.  What they've had her say on the show is she went straight from Salem and then straight back from Salem.

The actual dialog isn't doing Sami's shown of not caring for her kids while she only cares about EJ any favors. Sami needs to go to her kids and stay there, she should have went straight back after the funeral. This EJ plot was just so unnecessary. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 3

With the number of attempts at homicide-by-fire-poker in Salem, you'd think people would have gas inserts put in.

But I guess that would limit unacceptably the throwing of crystal goblets into the fireplace, which also appears to be de rigueur. Such is life!

• Love 3

Weird -- Tony/Andre/Whoever-he-is doesn't seem like Sami's physical type. All the guys she likes generally seem to be in her age range...

I think at the time Sami really enjoyed the attention that she was getting from Tony (Andre).  For once a guy was actually pursuing her and taking a real interest.  Of course Tony was only pretending to I believe piss off John and Marlena.  It did result in the infamous Sami crashes through the Dimera French doors scene.

• Love 2

That's right..I am keeping him hostage , until Stefano frees the real Will. Ben killed a clone...lol That is my story and I am sticking with it...

I'm with you on this...been saying it since I heard the spoilers for Will's death. If they can bring back Stefano, Tony, Andre, EJ, Kristen and all of Salem (from that island storyline years ago), they can fix this "Will is dead" bullshit.

• Love 5

If Stefano really wanted the kids, he knows where they are and where they've been all this time. It's also really easy to get them since they've been all alone all this time....The actual dialog isn't doing Sami's shown of not caring for her kids while she only cares about EJ any favors. Sami needs to go to her kids and stay there, she should have went straight back after the funeral.

I think there are multi facets to this Dimera issue. One is that Sami no longer feels safe in Salem and does not want the children there. Given what they've been through in the last year, this is not unrealistic. After what Andre said yesterday, it's a very real threat.  But even before knowing about Andre's intentions, there is what Stef might want of the children in the future. I think the show has established that Stef wouldn't harm them but he likely does see them as heirs and would try to force/manipulate them into the Dimera empire/raise them his way when they were older. I think that's the whole point of what EJ (via the safety deposit box) is trying to do--free his family from the life that Stefano wants for them. 

Sami only intended to come back for Will's funeral but then she received info that her husband may still be alive. Of course she's going to pursue that and attempt to reunite her children with their father. She can't bring Will back but she does stand the chance of restoring the rest of her family 

Lastly, while Sami has never said who is watching the kids, she clearly hasn't left them alone. They are most likely in the care of some babysitter/nanny. Maybe she even has a bodyguard there. We don't know. I don't find it particularly relevant. Kids are rarely shown on the show for issues of casting and the limited hours the young actors can work. Heck, we never saw Kayla with Joey till he was a teen. He was always with Caroline or a babysitter while she put in long hours at the hospital and then she shipped him off to an out of town boarding school. Did she also abandon her son? 

This EJ plot was just so unnecessary.

Not to the Ejami fans who want something more than the crap they delivered last fall with JS and AS's dual exit.  It's not much but EJ being alive is something to those of us who felt cheated.

• Love 4

I think at the time Sami really enjoyed the attention that she was getting from Tony (Andre).  For once a guy was actually pursuing her and taking a real interest.  Of course Tony was only pretending to I believe piss off John and Marlena.  It did result in the infamous Sami crashes through the Dimera French doors scene.

That led to Lumi falling in love with one another, fighting their burgeoning feelings with Will scheming to get his parents together. He was a chip off the old block. Mophead  Will as a kid was the definitive Will Horton for me. He was smart, capable, loving, empathetic with a dash of mischief  that made him endearing. It is too bad that the writers never continued with that characterization with the subsequent recasts.  I loved the fantasies that Lumi had of one another....It was such a payoff for me as a Lumi fan, to see another chapter in their story and their green wedding in 2007 should have sealed their union....Sigh! Ken Corday in his arrogance and stupidity had other plans for them..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6

I know time and space flows differently in Salem, but I have to agree that some Salem-time has passed since Will's death, and they've made it clear that Sami was off on her EJ quest rather than being with her kids. It's bothered me, since her devotion to her kids has always been the one thing I could like about adult Sami. Unless no one's told them that Will is dead (and I'd be okay w/that if it turns out to be the case), it's weird that she'd not be with them to help them mourn. 

And speaking of mourning. I really need to remind myself that Bo is only a tv character, because...damn.

Edited by shesajar
  • Love 5

Not to the Ejami fans who want something more than the crap they delivered last fall with JS and AS's dual exit.  It's not much but EJ being alive is something to those of us who felt cheated.

Everyone knew EJ was alive from Stefano having Kristen inject him with what ever she injected into him. So what does this plot add? EJ's somewhere out there? Viewers knew that already. All it's showing is Sami not mourning or caring about Will's death and not going to her children who just lost their brother.

Lastly, while Sami has never said who is watching the kids, she clearly hasn't left them alone. They are most likely in the care of some babysitter/nanny.

A nanny for month isn't their parent. Alli has a father, Lucas shouldn't be leaving her there for a month with a nanny while Sami just runs around the world on her EJ search. The kids might as well come back to Salem, at least they'd have family instead of nobody but hired help to parent them. Or as you said, she should send them to boarding school because it would be placing them somewhere to grow and live then Sami can focus all her attention on EJ instead of being there as a full time parent like they've said she's supposed to be.

Especially considering she had lots of issues with abandonment by Marlena, so her dropping her kids like this doesn't fit Sami.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2

Heck, we never saw Kayla with Joey till he was a teen. He was always with Caroline or a babysitter while she put in long hours at the hospital and then she shipped him off to an out of town boarding school. Did she also abandon her son? 

Kayla gets a pass because her name isn't Sami. Sami is the worst parent in the history of the world. Even Stefano is a better parent than her. That damn Sami just can't do anything right. It's her fault that Will is dead. If only she had taught him how to properly fight off plastic mannequin serial killers. Always remember - Sami is solely responsible for every bad personality trait her kids have, especially Will. 

• Love 12

Everyone knew EJ was alive from Stefano having Kristen inject him with what ever she injected into him. So what does this plot add? EJ's somewhere out there? Viewers knew that already. All it's showing is Sami not mourning or caring about Will's death and not going to her children who just lost their brother.

A nanny for month isn't their parent. Alli has a father, Lucas shouldn't be leaving her there for a month with a nanny while Sami just runs around the world on her EJ search. The kids might as well come back to Salem, at least they'd have family instead of nobody but hired help to parent them. Or as you said, she should send them to boarding school because it would be placing them somewhere to grow and live then Sami can focus all her attention on EJ instead of being there as a full time parent like they've said she's supposed to be. Especially considering she had lots of issues with abandonment by Marlena, so her dropping her kids like this doesn't fit Sami.

Will's funeral should have been the perfect time to bring back Johnny, Allie and Sydney...I would love to see Marlena surrounded by her other grandchildren. Johnny could have tangled with Andre, Stefano, Chad and Theo. Allie could have tangled with Claire, Chase and Ciara...Sydney could have tangled with Nicole and the rest of the Bradys...This is the 50th, we should be seeing these legacy kids come in and mix it up a bit as the future heirs of the show..Even if it is for a storyline arch...They can always leave and come back at another time...Plus, it would give Lucas purpose, chasing and worrying about three teens with Ari in tow..It would lessen his loneliness after Will's demise...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

I just can't get worked up about the presentation of the kids on this show because they are always second thoughts in the daily scheme of things largely due to real world restraints of child labor laws. Sami's kids in the past were probably shown more than others so maybe that's why it's more bothersome to some viewers. But we often see Daniel and Nicole together w/out Parker. Is he in town somewhere or with Chloe who goes presumably months without seeing her son? As I mentioned before, we never even saw Joey as a toddler or adolescent.  I think it's just an aspect of soaps you just have to overlook at times.  I find it more strange when adult characters aren't mentioned or explained. For instance, it's quite a glaring error that Kim has not returned for her step-granddaughter or great nephew's funeral and probably won't be told her own brother is dying either. 

The show hinted that EJ might possibly not be dead via the unexplained scene of Kristin injecting him at the morgue. But Sami believed him dead. That's far from an HEA that Ejami fans hoped for when both actors left at the same time. Trust me, there's a big difference to the fan base.

The kids might as well come back to Salem, at least they'd have family instead of nobody but hired help to parent them.

You mean family like Andre?

• Love 3

I would much prefer Sami have scenes with Kate and Lucas instead of chasing after EJ, but damn, trying to paint her as some neglectful piece of shit mother is a bit much. Until kids are SORASed to 16 no parents care about them unless they get sick or are being used in a custody battle. The writers are too busy killing off people to think about where Sami's kids are. I also don't remember anyone calling Lucas a bad parent for going off to Hong Kong for several YEARS and leaving his kids behind in Salem. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 13

But Will hadn't just died before Lucas went off to Hong Kong. Yeah, kid characters are totally an afterthought in general, but it's  not like the kids are upstairs with Caroline: they are half (?) a country away with presumably no family to support them. Sami not being with her young children after their brother's murder is pretty crappy.  Crappier than other parental fails on the show? Yeah, in my mind. And really out of character. With the mommy issues that Sami has, it's especially weird that she'd chase after her presumably dead husband instead of tending to her kids in what is probably the most vulnerable time in their lives. She's doing what she's (along with a lot of viewers) always accused Marlena of doing: putting a man (father, rapist, whatever you want to call him) ahead of her children. It's really unlike her, which is why I noticed. And again, the show made a point of saying that she's only been in Salem and Switzerland since Will's death. Up until she was snatched by Andre's goons, that absence was by choice.

*all that said, I think it's more a total fail on the part of the writers rather than an indicator of Sami's character. I'm still holding it against her, though, because I can do that if I choose, just as others can choose to ignore it.

Edited by shesajar
  • Love 4

Does Bo even know that Will his grand-nephew is dead..He would be really sad to know that his big brother's grandson was killed..Plus, the propping of Rope and Rafe by Bo has begin..I swear Dena is at it again..I already hate the coupling before it has even begun....yuck. Dena has no confidence in her pet, so she has to resort to these cheap tricks to manipulate us into accepting Rope because Bo has given us his seal of approval. How Paternalistic! ..Bo should be talking to Kim over the phone about his diagnosis. He should be talking to his son Shawn-Douglas, talking to Roman. I would even like to see him talk to his real father Shawn Brady at his grave site..Anything but the second coming of Daniel in the form of Rafe. He is a boring , stupid, superfluous character with no charm and acting ability. They are beefing up  the Hernandez family to make Rafe very prominent..They have paired him with Kate, Sami and Jordan and he has yet to set the show on fire. Give  it up Dena!

Meanwhile, Lucas Horton languishes in the back burner for the foreseeable future..Bryan has confirmed in an interview that Lucas will still be  a glorified extra on the show....Bollocks!  I don't understand the show's apathy for Lucas Horton..

I really don't know how long I can keep watching this show...I am at my wits end..I love Steve and Kayla, but they are not enough anymore...I like snarking with you guys on here. It is a shame that on their milestone, I am thinking of checking out permanently..Thank you Ken Corday...You have made your parents proud...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5