Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

At some point the DiMera's role in Aiden's journey to death has to come out.  Perhaps Aiden left a long explanatory letter in a safe deposit box. 

I too felt that the writers muddied the waters with AIden's money problems and gambling issues.  Having Aiden kill Hope to free Chad was just too easy a fix. 

• Love 7

I couldn't agree more. There were so many ways out of his dilemma that he did not explore. :(

It's not like the Dimeras had Chase locked in a cage somewhere with an assassin ready to kill on Andre's orders.. I wish that the writers had given Aiden options in dealing with the threat..I fear that Hope will never learn the truth about Aiden..Just like Sonny never found out about Chad sabotaging his club, or Clyde was the one who stabbed him to get back at Victor...There are so many loose ends on the show, that it is maddening...

• Love 5

Hope just married Aiden yesterday and has been a widow for a few hours, now Ciara wants her to marry back Bo the next day? She was also horrible to Chase, no compassion for what he's going through at all. Bo's known him 5 seconds and shows more care and concern for him. NuCiara just came off not well today in her writing and scenes.

I really liked the Hope/Jennifer scenes and Jennifer asking them to live with her.

• Love 5

Does Victor like anybody in the Brady family besides Bo, Ciara, Shawn-Douglas and Caroline..He hated Sami, Will, Stefanie, Theresa, Kim, Kayla, Roman, Eric, John and Marlena. He was obsessed with Andrew...He  is so hateful towards members of that family..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

He didn't always hate Will. He was pretty cool to him when WilSon started. He made an honest effort for Sonny's sake. He got hateful after Will cheated.

But yes, I get your point.

I always thought it was out of character for Victor to encourage Sonny to be with Paul after the affair was reveal..I could see him telling Paul to back off and let Wilson work it out..It was just another way for Tomsell to prop Paul over Will...

Victor's treatment of Theresa is awful..She is a proxy for Kim...He has never gotten over her rejection of him..His obsession with Kim was just like EJ's with Sami..Thank God the writers back them never made Kim fall for Victor..The thought of that makes me nauseous...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

Victor's treatment of Theresa is awful..She is a proxy for Kim...He has never gotten over her rejection of him..His obsession with Kim was just like EJ's with Sami..Thank God the writers back them never made Kim fall for Victor..The thought of that makes me nauseous...

I wish that this was the intent, because it makes so much sense. I mean, Theresa's given people plenty of reason to dislike her, but it would have been interesting to see Victor being reminded of his own past with Kimberly in Theresa.  But, no,  I think Victor's just a misogynistic asshole. A very entertaining one, but still...

• Love 4

I'm not a frequent poster here, but I regularly read everyone's comments.  I gotta say that I am loving Bo and Hope.  They are without question my favorite couple ever and when PR left I was devastated yet hopeful that he would return someday.  In his absence, I was surprised how much I came to love Aiden and Hope together. I enjoyed their mature friendship, their love and their commitment to being a family with their children.  When PR's return was announced, I was a little unsure how to feel.  I thought we would get a back and forth triangle with Hope eventually choosing Bo, but I didn't expect the writers to so dramatically change Aiden's character and turn him into a psycho.  Geez, heavy-handed much?

So, in the context of the story that was told, I loved Bo's rescue of Hope though I'm not sure he really rescued her.  I think she came alive all on her own, but he did kill Aiden--I assume to establish the drama with Chase and Ciara.  Now, we have these Bo and Hope scenes where their chemistry and history is instantly palpable.  I didn't realize how much I missed this couple until now, so I'm grateful that I'm able to soak up whatever last morsels of shared screen time with these two vets that we're given.  They're just so natural and genuine with each other.  I feel like I'm watching two old friends, not a television program.  I realize this while I'm watching with a silly grin on my face and tears in my eyes.

This observation leads me to my other opinion of recent stories--Abigail's kidnapping.  Like many people have said, the actress who plays Abigail just doesn't have it.  I recently saw some photos of Ashley Benson from the days 50th celebration and it really struck me how much better this story could be with a better actress.  I realized while watching KA and MBE kill the material their given, that watching KM is like watching someone act, and that's the problem, isn't it?  I can tell that she's acting, and not doing a very good job of it either.  There is nothing naturally organic or authentic with her acting choices.  She's been on the canvas long enough and had the great opportunity to work with some outstanding vets and she is just not good or even getting better. Since Abigail gets so much screen time, I resent that a better actress isn't portraying this character. 

With all the returning vets and their increased air time, I feel like I'm watching two shows.  One with seasoned and competent actors and one with new actors who are trying to learn to act.  I wish they'd cram all the subpar Abigail stuff into one or two shows per week that I could completely skip and put the rest of the stories with our beloved competent actors into the other days.

Oh, and one last thing, I think I'd give my left arm in exchange for a bear hug like the one Bo gave Ciara.

Please post more.

Your breakdown is just about perfect.

I was unsure about Bo's return story at first, mainly because of what was happening with Aiden, and that muted my pleasure in Steve's rescue storyline. And I do hate how it all ended with Aiden.

BUT, Now the he's back and with Hope, to say I'm loving them together is an understatement.

• Love 3

I wish that this was the intent, because it makes so much sense. I mean, Theresa's given people plenty of reason to dislike her, but it would have been interesting to see Victor being reminded of his own past with Kimberly in Theresa.  But, no,  I think Victor's just a misogynistic asshole. A very entertaining one, but still...

I  think it is there..He once alluded to his past with Kim and Shane, when referring to both Theresa and Eve as whores...The scene where he and Kim came face to face and Kim's revulsion at being in his house was palpable. Brady's reaction to Kim was interesting...I  thought the writers were going to delve into Victor and Kim's  dark past via Theresa and Brady, but they never went there...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

Well, now that Aiden has been completely been thrown under the bus....and ran over repeatedly with it, we are left with the aftermath. He is dead, and at this point, nobody will ever know why he tried to kill Hope. The two people most hurt by this are Hope and Chase. Hope is traumatized and in a state of confusion. Chase has lost his only living parent and now has been told that his loving father was a murderer.

Then there is the Brady/Theresa situation. I was SO hoping that their little tryst was a dream, but I should have known better. On the bright side, at least they have now had sex while sober. Let's just hope that Brady had the good sense to use a condom this time.

Now we have the Xander, Colin, Franco-ish new doctor in town. Nicole meeting a new man in town seems to be getting more common. She should be appointed the leader of the town's welcoming committee. At least it would get her away from the boring orange doctor. Nicole has been sent to the back burner along with Daniel. FREE NICOLE!!!!

It looks like the alien spawn will be making its earthly entrance soon. Perhaps it's mother vessel's face will be forever in the forced scrunched up position.

In the same alternate universe, I am finding Jennifer tolerable. She just had a brain fart during and after her conversation with Chad. She didn't comprehend very well. But, I'll take dense over the judge mental shrew any day!

Yes, I murdered your father, but I have followed you to make sure you are ok. Ummmm ok Bo.

The Steve/Kayla situation is a toss up for me. On the one hand, I can understand her anger toward Steve. Once again, he chose not to tell her what was going on and tried to handle it himself. On the other hand, her over reactions to situations probably caused him to not tell her. With Marina, the relationship had been over for years between Marina and Steve but Kayla treated him like he had an affair. With Ava, almost the same thing even though his relationship with Ava occurred during the years he was presumed dead and had no memory. I am not including what both Marina and Ava did themselves. Just the personal feelings between Steve and Kayla. Lately, Kayla's attitude has not only been directed toward Steve. Joey, Caroline, Roman and Victor (although due to history he deserves it) have had to endure it. I like a strong and confident female, but a domineering griping woman....not so much.

So far, not impressed by the return of Sami. She's had hardly any screen time, barely showed any grief for her dead son, and has become obsessed with her (presumed) dead husband. This is an epic fail, much like the bicentennial celebration.

• Love 8

I always thought it was out of character for Victor to encourage Sonny to be with Paul after the affair was reveal..I could see him telling Paul to back off and let Wilson work it out..It was just another way for Tomsell to prop Paul over Will...

Victor should of been way more conflicted about his feelings about Will.  Will grew up most of his life as Victor's grandson, and was raised for a good portion of his life in the Kiriakis mansion.  Contrast that with Kate who always had a nice sweet connection with Sonny.  Even though it wasn't referenced you can feel the fact that there was a history there.  Not only was Kate his grandmother in law, for most of his life she was his aunt. 

• Love 4

Oh, dear. The actress playing Hope's daughter is absolutely appallingly bad. In all of Hollywood, there was no one better?

Good grief. She is painful to watch.

Why are people so blasé about aiden and hope?

So, something is wrong with Bo. Dun dun dun.... And, call an ambulance for god's sake.

• Love 8

At some point the DiMera's role in Aiden's journey to death has to come out.  Perhaps Aiden left a long explanatory letter in a safe deposit box. 

Since Aiden didn't expect to die, he probably didn't leave an explantory letter.

Then there is the Brady/Theresa situation. I was SO hoping that their little tryst was a dream, but I should have known better. On the bright side, at least they have now had sex while sober. Let's just hope that Brady had the good sense to use a condom this time.

I don't see any chemistry between Theresa and Brady.  I saw more between him and Nicole when he agreed to loan her the money for her share of Basic Black.

Now we have the Xander, Colin, Franco-ish new doctor in town. Nicole meeting a new man in town seems to be getting more common.

He really is the new Xander, isn't he.

So far, not impressed by the return of Sami. She's had hardly any screen time, barely showed any grief for her dead son, and has become obsessed with her (presumed) dead husband. This is an epic fail, much like the bicentennial celebration.

I'm completely uninterested in Sami's return.  Andre can keep her kidnapped off screen for a long time, as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 2

Victor should of been way more conflicted about his feelings about Will.  Will grew up most of his life as Victor's grandson, and was raised for a good portion of his life in the Kiriakis mansion.  Contrast that with Kate who always had a nice sweet connection with Sonny.  Even though it wasn't referenced you can feel the fact that there was a history there.  Not only was Kate his grandmother in law, for most of his life she was his aunt. 

Exactly, despite his villainy in the past..At his core, Victor has always been about family..It is why he and Justin had a strong bond and why he resented Adrienne for a long time. It also fueled his obsession with Andrew, when he thought that he was his son and why he schemed to take him away from Kim. The same reason why he and Kate had Philip so late in life..They both lost time with their respective children. He lost time with Isabella and Bo who were raised by other men. For Kate, it was Billie and Austin..I loved the Victor/Lucas bond when he was married to Kate. He helped Lucas get custody of Will. I remember Kate was plotting against Victor and Lucas would not help her out of loyalty to Victor. Usually Lucas is Kate's errand boy in her deadly plots. He actually told her NO.

Victor's intense dislike of Will and his  cheerleading of Paul rang false for me..It would have made more sense for Victor to threaten Paul about leaving Wilson alone..This would piss John off and would have reawaken their animosity when John was Roman. John's intense  hatred of Victor affected his relationship with Isabella for a time..History was sacrifice for the deification of Sparkle...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

Hope just married Aiden yesterday and has been a widow for a few hours, now Ciara wants her to marry back Bo the next day? She was also horrible to Chase, no compassion for what he's going through at all. Bo's known him 5 seconds and shows more care and concern for him. NuCiara just came off not well today in her writing and scenes.

Oh, dear. The actress playing Hope's daughter is absolutely appallingly bad. In all of Hollywood, there was no one better?

Good grief. She is painful to watch.

NuCiera is really annoying and I too can't fathom how she was the best actress to audition for the role. And her thinking Bo & Hope were going to run off to the alter had me shaking my head too. Yeah I'm sure Hope's just dying (no pun intended) to set the date and pick out another wedding dress after her last wedding night that was...ah...last night!

This seemed to be the day for odd reactions/quick jumping to conclusions with so many of the characters:

Theresa jumps with glee to Maggie over Brady who wasn't exactly jumping to put a label on their relationship.

Nicole just automatically assumed that the next nice looking guy to walk off the hospital elevator is her new male model. For pete's sake it's a hospital to visit sick people. Not a place to conduct business.  

And then there was new guy who mumbled so much I couldn't always make out if he said something ridiculous or not. 

• Love 6

If Ben is still claiming that Chad tried to kill him, why isn't he still in jail, even if he's been cleared of the serial killer charges?

If Shawn D thinks that they all need to be together with Hope, doesn't that mean that Claire and Belle should be there, too?

Is Fynn coming on as an alcoholic?  That drinking out of a can while talking with Daniel was odd.  And why does Nicole assume that any good looking man must be a model?

• Love 4

The Steve/Kayla situation is a toss up for me. On the one hand, I can understand her anger toward Steve. Once again, he chose not to tell her what was going on and tried to handle it himself. On the other hand, her over reactions to situations probably caused him to not tell her. With Marina, the relationship had been over for years between Marina and Steve but Kayla treated him like he had an affair. With Ava, almost the same thing even though his relationship with Ava occurred during the years he was presumed dead and had no memory. I am not including what both Marina and Ava did themselves. Just the personal feelings between Steve and Kayla.

I don't really agree that Kayla overreacted to Marina and Ava... Steve lied progressively about Marina's role in his life (first he didn't know her, then they were past lovers, then she was his wife and his marriage to pregnant Kayla wasn't valid) and was fighting an attraction to her.  He never told her anything about Ava -- she had to learn from other people, then walked in on them in about to have sex, and didn't confront him about it until months later even though he never explained himself.  Steve has never had to work this hard before to get back on her good side.  I do think her anger right now is a little over the top and wish they'd give her some other kinds of scenes that would add more dimension to it, but I was also glad she didn't fold when he brought Bo back, because the big heroic gestures weren't her issue.  I bet even with the new attitude, though, it's still going to be an uphill battle for her.

Not totally sold on how they're taking Hope's character through this story -- I'd like to see a little more conflict between her and Bo, not a self-pity party.  But these Bo scenes are affecting me much more than I thought they would.  The new Ciara was so good with Peter Reckell yesterday, I finally understood the casting.

• Love 5

I read on another site that the scenes of Shawn-Douglas reuniting with his dad Bo and his scenes with Hope at the hospital were cut for the Thrady scenes and Kate on the hunt for her next Penis of the month..Whoever did that should be fired...I would take the Bope family over them any day of the week and twice on Sundays...Epic fail...

• Love 9

I read on another site that the scenes of Shawn-Douglas reuniting with his dad Bo and his scenes with Hope at the hospital were cut for the Thrady scenes and Kate on the hunt for her next Penis of the month..Whoever did that should be fired...I would take the Bope family over them any day of the week and twice on Sundays...Epic fail...

Seriously?!!!!  That's insane.  Definitely epic fail.   I wondered why Shawn-Douglas came up to Bo today like they'd already been in contact, and all I could think was "how'd he know Bo was back?"

As for cutting scenes, apparently last week when Julie told Ciara her shop-lifting story, we were supposed to get a flashback of the scene, but it got cut.

• Love 4

Does Victor like anybody in the Brady family besides Bo, Ciara, Shawn-Douglas and Caroline..He hated Sami, Will, Stefanie, Theresa, Kim, Kayla, Roman, Eric, John and Marlena. He was obsessed with Andrew...He  is so hateful towards members of that family..

Victor has always been vile and hateful towards the Brady family. And Caroline has always co-signed on his behavior as she never did anything to support his awful treatment of her daughters. Think of the awful things that's have befallen Kayla and Kimberly because of Vicotr, and Caroline seems to have no problem with it. But then Caroline has always been given a pass for her shady and questionable behavior.

I agree with this to a certain extent. I can't fully co-sign because every time I see Theresa with Brady or hear her talking about him, I wonder if her "great love" for Brady would exist if Victor and John cut him off, of their proverbial financial tit and Victor put him out. Somehow, I think the love would fade and if I always feel it and think it, there is no way Victor, who thinks all women except Caroline and maybe Maggie aren't gold-digging sluts doesn't see it and think it as well.

This observation leads me to my other opinion of recent stories--Abigail's kidnapping.  Like many people have said, the actress who plays Abigail just doesn't have it.  I recently saw some photos of Ashley Benson from the days 50th celebration and it really struck me how much better this story could be with a better actress.  I realized while watching KA and MBE kill the material their given, that watching KM is like watching someone act, and that's the problem, isn't it?  I can tell that she's acting, and not doing a very good job of it either.  There is nothing naturally organic or authentic with her acting choices.  She's been on the canvas long enough and had the great opportunity to work with some outstanding vets and she is just not good or even getting better. Since Abigail gets so much screen time, I resent that a better actress isn't portraying this character. 

With all the returning vets and their increased air time, I feel like I'm watching two shows.  One with seasoned and competent actors and one with new actors who are trying to learn to act.  I wish they'd cram all the subpar Abigail stuff into one or two shows per week that I could completely skip and put the rest of the stories with our beloved competent actors into the other days.

You have summed up the problem in a nutshell. KM cannot act (I am convinced that she and newCiara are related to Charity Rhamer, former Belle, because that level of awful simply must be genetic) and she drags down every scene she is in and ruins the story. A better acted Abby might make her likable and sympathetic, but KM simply lacks the skill to do this. The fact that she sucks up so many moments on the show continues to stupefy me.

The Steve/Kayla situation is a toss up for me. On the one hand, I can understand her anger toward Steve. Once again, he chose not to tell her what was going on and tried to handle it himself. On the other hand, her over reactions to situations probably caused him to not tell her. With Marina, the relationship had been over for years between Marina and Steve but Kayla treated him like he had an affair. With Ava, almost the same thing even though his relationship with Ava occurred during the years he was presumed dead and had no memory. I am not including what both Marina and Ava did themselves. Just the personal feelings between Steve and Kayla. Lately, Kayla's attitude has not only been directed toward Steve. Joey, Caroline, Roman and Victor (although due to history he deserves it) have had to endure it. I like a strong and confident female, but a domineering griping woman....not so much.

Steve was married to Marina when he married Kayla (making her marriage and dream wedding invalid, just as she discovered she was pregnant) and he chose to lie and lie and lie until he was backed into the corner of truth. I don't really see how Kayla is the shrew and Steve is the victim in this scenario. Again, with Ava, the relationship wasn't the issue, it was the lies. The things both of those monsters did to Kayla can't be separated from Steve because his treatment of Kayla and willingness to scheme with them (for lack of a better term) let the, believe that Kayla was fair games, because while he talked about loving Kayla, none of Steve's actions told them he actually loved her. He came across as simply trying to get out of a mess he created. Heck, Steve was so obsessed with covering his tracks with Marina that he didn't even notice that Kayla was very clearly pregnant. Even Jack, had to point out how Steve's actions were destroying his marriage to Kayla.

As for Joey, I agree with you 100%. Kayla shouldn't take her anger at Steve out on him. The only thing I appreciate about those scenes are how true to what happens in real life they were. They also gave more than sullen teen trope for Joey.

As I noted previously, Caroline has been less than a stellar parent when it came to Kayla, and not just when it comes to Victor. Let's not forget that Caroline's take on Steve's return has been to encourage Kayla to just take him back. No thought given to how Steve's treatment of Kayla has made her feel. I'm not saying that Caroline doesn't love her. I'm just saying that the Brady history is that Kayla was always sort of the just there, forgotten child. For various reasons Roman, Kimberly and Bo were the focus of the parents. Even when Kayla first started being interested in Steve, Caroline's concern was how it would impact her life, not Kayla's. Her mother in essence told her that she was the child they (she and Shawn) never worried about and any plans Kayla had to change that were unacceptable. Everyone reaches a breaking point and maybe she's tired of always being made to forgive and forget and accept in the face of pain when no one else is expected to.

Victor should be happy Kayla tolerates his existence on the planet, so nothing she says or does to him is unacceptable. I'm always amazed when he approaches her like she owes him her time.

What has Kayla done to Roman? I am asking this seriously, because aside from the scene where he sided with Victor and the scene where Kayla was proven to be right about Caroline lying, I never see these two interact.

Did I hear Ciara right?  This is hard for her?  Well, Ciara, think about how hard this must be for Chase!

And yeah, the actress was painfully bad.  Weird, since she didn't start out so badly in her first scenes.

These are the first scenes where we actually get to see her "act" she literallyeither has had nothing to do, or she was propped up by a veteran actor like SSH. I agree, she is beyond awful. Maybe she was hired to detract from the acting disaster that is KM's Abby.

• Love 7

Victor has always been vile and hateful towards the Brady family. And Caroline has always co-signed on his behavior as she never did anything to support his awful treatment of her daughters. Think of the awful things that's have befallen Kayla and Kimberly because of Vicotr, and Caroline seems to have no problem with it. But then Caroline has always been given a pass for her shady and questionable behavior.

I agree with this to a certain extent. I can't fully co-sign because every time I see Theresa with Brady or hear her talking about him, I wonder if her "great love" for Brady would exist if Victor and John cut him off, of their proverbial financial tit and Victor put him out. Somehow, I think the love would fade and if I always feel it and think it, there is no way Victor, who thinks all women except Caroline and maybe Maggie aren't gold-digging sluts doesn't see it and think it as well.

You have summed up the problem in a nutshell. KM cannot act (I am convinced that she and newCiara are related to Charity Rhamer, former Belle, because that level of awful simply must be genetic) and she drags down every scene she is in and ruins the story. A better acted Abby might make her likable and sympathetic, but KM simply lacks the skill to do this. The fact that she sucks up so many moments on the show continues to stupefy me.

Steve was married to Marina when he married Kayla (making her marriage and dream wedding invalid, just as she discovered she was pregnant) and he chose to lie and lie and lie until he was backed into the corner of truth. I don't really see how Kayla is the shrew and Steve is the victim in this scenario. Again, with Ava, the relationship wasn't the issue, it was the lies. The things both of those monsters did to Kayla can't be separated from Steve because his treatment of Kayla and willingness to scheme with them (for lack of a better term) let the, believe that Kayla was fair games, because while he talked about loving Kayla, none of Steve's actions told them he actually loved her. He came across as simply trying to get out of a mess he created. Heck, Steve was so obsessed with covering his tracks with Marina that he didn't even notice that Kayla was very clearly pregnant. Even Jack, had to point out how Steve's actions were destroying his marriage to Kayla.

As for Joey, I agree with you 100%. Kayla shouldn't take her anger at Steve out on him. The only thing I appreciate about those scenes are how true to what happens in real life they were. They also gave more than sullen teen trope for Joey.

As I noted previously, Caroline has been less than a stellar parent when it came to Kayla, and not just when it comes to Victor. Let's not forget that Caroline's take on Steve's return has been to encourage Kayla to just take him back. No thought given to how Steve's treatment of Kayla has made her feel. I'm not saying that Caroline doesn't love her. I'm just saying that the Brady history is that Kayla was always sort of the just there, forgotten child. For various reasons Roman, Kimberly and Bo were the focus of the parents. Even when Kayla first started being interested in Steve, Caroline's concern was how it would impact her life, not Kayla's. Her mother in essence told her that she was the child they (she and Shawn) never worried about and any plans Kayla had to change that were unacceptable. Everyone reaches a breaking point and maybe she's tired of always being made to forgive and forget and accept in the face of pain when no one else is expected to.

Victor should be happy Kayla tolerates his existence on the planet, so nothing she says or does to him is unacceptable. I'm always amazed when he approaches her like she owes him her time.

What has Kayla done to Roman? I am asking this seriously, because aside from the scene where he sided with Victor and the scene where Kayla was proven to be right about Caroline lying, I never see these two interact.

These are the first scenes where we actually get to see her "act" she literallyeither has had nothing to do, or she was propped up by a veteran actor like SSH. I agree, she is beyond awful. Maybe she was hired to detract from the acting disaster that is KM's Abby.

Happytobehere, I love your take on Steve and Kayla. I agree with your post as always. Don't forget that Papa Shawn always referred to Kim as the best and the brightest in Kayla's presence. Kayla never had any resentment for her big sister. She loved and admired her.  I always thought it was a delicious irony that Kim was a hot mess and Kayla was pretty much the Jan Brady of the group, yet she  turned out pretty well in the soap world...lol

• Love 5

Seriously?!!!!  That's insane.  Definitely epic fail.   I wondered why Shawn-Douglas came up to Bo today like they'd already been in contact, and all I could think was "how'd he know Bo was back?"

As for cutting scenes, apparently last week when Julie told Ciara her shop-lifting story, we were supposed to get a flashback of the scene, but it got cut.

That is true. It was a flashback scene with the original Julie. I had no idea that Susan was a recast.....Kayla is a recast as well...

• Love 3

NuCiara will you please knock it off with the teeth thing when you utter your lines. Like damn girl.

Thank god... I thought it was just me. I turned on closed-captioning because the actress seems to have an issue with clenching her jaw while talking. Loosen up and enunciate, honey!

• Love 4

Personally I'm appreciating the fact that the writers are letting Kayla finally express the anger and frustration that she should have been expressing all along.  She's always been the sweet little "good girl" and the rock of the Brady family.  She has put up with A LOT of shit over the years from all the people who love her--especially Steve.  I won't repeat everything that's already been explained in great detail here, but between being forced into marrying Steve's brother to having to "forgive" him for raping her so that Steve could have a relationship with him to having Steve lie to her about Marina to where they're at now, the woman has more than earned the right to be PISSED.  I think people should cut her a break.  She's not a shrew....IMO, she's a woman who has spent the last 30+ years tiptoeing around everyone else's feelings and problems and has finally had enough.  Good for her.

• Love 13

Catherine Mary Stewart was the original Kayla and she didn't make much of an impact. The character didn't really become fully realized until MBE took over. If you look back on her first scenes with Kimberly and Bo, you would never know those were literally her first scenes with them. They immediately connected and felt like siblings.

SSH took,over the role of Julie about three years into the show's run and she has basically, with the exception of a few departures been playing the role for since then. That's why I can never not love Julie, she is the history of Days.

• Love 8

Thank god... I thought it was just me. I turned on closed-captioning because the actress seems to have an issue with clenching her jaw while talking. Loosen up and enunciate, honey!

I been putting up the gritting teeth lines from Joshua Morrow on YR.

Maybe Little Lauren Boles can teach acting classes for NuCiara and KM.  I really don't understand the SORAS of Chase and Ciara. So far their dialog would have fit the younger characters better, especially Ciara wanting Bo and Hope to start planning a wedding less then 24 hours from Hope and Aiden's wedding.

• Love 1

Show did it to me again.  Got me in my soft soap spot.  

Hope's emotional black hole, her attempts to crawl out of it, and amidst all of it, her instinct still is to take care of those around her, even though right now she can barely put one foot in front of the other.   Something that was on display today, just as much as their romantic relationship, is the friendship Bo and Hope have towards each other.  That sounds unromantic, but in reality I think it's anything but.  Hope is shattered, doubting herself to the point of almost being paralysed, and you can see the ease between the two of them, how much he knows about her, and how much she trusts him.  And that's in spite of parts of their past.

I completely agree with the posters who have said that while the men are allowed to move on and have other decent relationships, the women are always punished for doing so.  But aside from that, at least with this couple, the connection is really strong and ultimately supportive.

NewCiarra is in a tough spot, being thrown into such emotional scenes so early on.  My feelings are negative about her but I'm also trying to remember that if she'd been around longer, I'd probably cut her more slack.  Nontheless, she needs to STFU and follow her mother's lead.  And, this is one time I'd have been fine if Jenn had handed out a slap.

Jenn - loved her today.  This is the Jenn I want to see on screen, or at least partly.   I'd also like to see her do more than support other characters.  The more she's away from Abigail, the better.  She and Hope have a very believable relationship.

Chase is in such a tough space.  The new actor is probably the luckier of the two, between him and NewCiarra.  I"m having less trouble with his anger and grief than I am with her....whatever....

Jason Cook is so good, so good in the role.  I wish he'd stick around.

Not a Fynn Fan.  Maybe he should have spent more money on acting lessons and less on botox lip injections.  Funny to see someone share a scene with Daniel and be the MORE annoying one.

Theresa, pushy, much?  I'm a Theresa fan, but maybe she should give Brady a little breathing room?  And maybe she should be less sorry for herself?  I like her, a lot, but she's not exactly innocent.

And Victor, STFU.  And in case his hearing is going STFU again.  I very much enjoy his truthtelling, especially when it comes to Brady, but right now he's just insufferable.  

And while I'm an unaplogetic Peggy McKay fan, I also wonder how Show thinks it can get away with having Victor be so horrible to so many members of her family and yet let it seem as if, with Victor, she forgets all that.  She never forgot what Nick did to Will, and Victor's reign of terror against her children and grandchildren went on a lot longer and a lot deeper.  I wish they'd do something to address this.

Show is good right now, hitting all the right notes when it comes to drama and grief.   But we also need some sort of light among all this darkness, and we need it soon.

• Love 10

Show is good right now, hitting all the right notes when it comes to drama and grief. But we also need some sort of light among all this darkness, and we need it soon.

Boes dont think Im kissing your butt but Ive paid special attention to your posts since Ive joined and your posts rock. I can tell you are the sliver lining watcher even if this show is good, bad or indifferent. Bless you.

• Love 4

Boes, this is hilarious : ) Where did you grab it from? My first thought is Lost in Space...

Lastwaltz, I wish I knew where it was from!  It does look very "Danger, Will Robinson", doesn't it?  

It could be there or it might be one of those wonderfully awful 50's,early 60's science fiction movies.  I remember one where some alien beings invaded bodies and actually replaced spinal columns and brains.  But I found this on the Gify site.  

Boes dont think Im kissing your butt but Ive paid special attention to your posts since Ive joined and your posts rock. I can tell you are the sliver lining watcher even if this show is good, bad or indifferent. Bless you.

That is very sweet of you to say!  But you're seeing me at my best, now that Daniel has been backburnered, I only have Abigal to be really mean to.  And it's so much fun...

• Love 5

That is very sweet of you to say! But you're seeing me at my best, now that Daniel has been backburnered, I only have Abigal to be really mean to. And it's so much fun...

No one likes Daniel. And thank goodness Ive found a place that isn't a big fan of Abigail (at least until they recast)

• Love 4

Indeed. He should have been TeamWill 100%...for Sonny. For Kate. For HIMSELF. 

Victor's intense dislike of Will and his  cheerleading of Paul rang false for me..It would have made more sense for Victor to threaten Paul about leaving Wilson alone..This would piss John off and would have reawaken their animosity when John was Roman. John's intense  hatred of Victor affected his relationship with Isabella for a time..History was sacrifice for the deification of Sparkle...

That SHOULD have been what happened, yes. 

I love me some snarky Victor but it's better when it rings true: Theresa/Brady, etc...

Wrong!

WRT: Taniel

I don't hate him but I'm not really a "watcher." Recaps are more my thing so I'll sit this one out! LOL

• Love 3

Man, Theresa is her own worst enemy, especially when it comes to Brady. Way to box him in, girlfriend. It was cute how she jumped into Maggie's arms, though -- and I like that Maggie is treating her pretty well despite everything. And that red dress was just gorgeous on JL. 

KA needs an emmy nod for this turn. When she curled up on the sofa and sobbed? Lord, I could feel that in my bones. Her "how do I hang on?" brought me back to a place or two in my own past where I felt like the ground had fallen beneath me and I was scrabbling for a place to hold on. She's really something these days. 

Ciara (I think I'm finally spelling that right) is in a tough spot, replacing a very much loved younger actress. I saw some stiffness absolutely, but hopefully she'll come into her own soon. The character has always had a selfish side, so I wasn't surprised that she cried about how all of this was affecting her. No one can blame her for being over the moon to see her Dad again, but she should have more empathy for her close friend Chase. 

Jenn and Hope were wonderful together but yes, I hope Jenn gets some other kind of action soon. Maybe Fynn? 

• Love 2

Man, Theresa is her own worst enemy, especially when it comes to Brady. Way to box him in, girlfriend. It was cute how she jumped into Maggie's arms, though -- and I like that Maggie is treating her pretty well despite everything. And that red dress was just gorgeous on JL. 

KA needs an emmy nod for this turn. When she curled up on the sofa and sobbed? Lord, I could feel that in my bones. Her "how do I hang on?" brought me back to a place or two in my own past where I felt like the ground had fallen beneath me and I was scrabbling for a place to hold on. She's really something these days. 

Ciara (I think I'm finally spelling that right) is in a tough spot, replacing a very much loved younger actress. I saw some stiffness absolutely, but hopefully she'll come into her own soon. The character has always had a selfish side, so I wasn't surprised that she cried about how all of this was affecting her. No one can blame her for being over the moon to see her Dad again, but she should have more empathy for her close friend Chase. 

Jenn and Hope were wonderful together but yes, I hope Jenn gets some other kind of action soon. Maybe Fynn? 

If we are to take into account that Chase and Ciara grew up overnight, she spent a good deal of her childhood with Aiden. Plus, she was team Haiden. There should be some sadness for Aiden, because he loved her and treated her well..I still think that they should have waited to Soras the kids....I think the little girl who played Ciara earned that right to have these scenes with Bo...She was such a marvelous actress...I loved her when she was demanding that Sami give her those diamonds..lol

• Love 5

It is very confusing when they SORAS kids in the middle of a storyline.  Did Ciara and Hope live alone, missing Bo, for those extra years before Aiden and Chase arrived in Salem.  Or did Hope and Aiden date for years and years before getting married.  Did Ciara and Chase meet as kids or as teens. No wonder the new actors are having trouble being convincing as teens struggling with the events that happened, when the characters were kids only weeks ago.

• Love 3

KA needs an emmy nod for this turn. When she curled up on the sofa and sobbed? Lord, I could feel that in my bones. Her "how do I hang on?"

I'm not feeling her in this story. I think it's just that I've never been impressed with KA's 'acting.' She makes me feel nothing and I never believe her in scenes at all. I'm not sure why but I always find her performance cold.

New Ciara is pretty terrible too and it's very disconcerting to see her all grown up. I agree with others here who think they should have waited to SORAS her and Chase.

So for the big 50 year anniversary, we not only have a serial killer running around - we had Aiden trying to kill Hope in completely nonsensical storyline and now Bo is sick? I am loving all of this joy and happiness! [/sarcasm]

Edited by hypnotoad
  • Love 7

I'm so disappointed that we were denied the reunion between Bo and Shawn, especially with Jason Cook playing Shawn.  When Bo and Shawn nearly ran into each other at the square and Bo said, "Hey Sailor," I was grinning from ear to ear.  I always loved that Bo had nicknames for the people he loved.  I wonder whether PR added that "sailor" greeting himself or if it was scripted.  I like to believe that was all PR.

I also loved Bo's hugging Hope and asking her to feel his heart, but I was totally unprepared for her to pull away from him.  I think Hope's reaction was a clear statement to Bo and the viewers that she is emotionally shattered and credit to Bo for recognizing it and not pushing her.  I think the writers are doing a pretty decent job writing realistic reactions for Bo and Hope and PR and KA are delivering.

I thought Maggie's embrace of Theresa was a little WTF.  I know that Maggie's attitudes has changed of late from judgmental harpy to understanding, compassionate matriarch, but are we really supposed to believe that Maggie has not only completely forgiven Theresa for running Melanie out of town, but has also become a maternal surrogate for Theresa?  Sorry, I love Theresa, but Maggie's complete 180 is too fast and not believable.  Same goes for Brady.  Slow the pace down a bit, please?  For months we endured Brady spewing some distasteful and hateful vitriol at Theresa and literally overnight he seems to be developing feelings for her.  Not realistic and what's the hurry?

I like Maggie and Jennifer's conversation and I liked Jennifer and Hope.  All good stuff.

• Love 7

I'm back to watching (after years away), and I don't know who this Theresa is, but I agree. She seems like she's barely got a hold on the crazy.

Theresa is Jeannie Donvan, Kim and Shane's daughter.  She goes by Theresa, her middle name. 

• Love 1