Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

It's obvious that the new lady cop will be connected to Abe.  But it' interesting that she's transferring from Florida.   Surely that can't be a coincidence.

I missed that she was coming from Florida. Here's hoping the writers make the connection.

• Love 2
I keep seeing that KM is dating a writer, but when I've tried to look it up, I get nothing. Is there any truth to this, or did someone just pull this out of the air n an attempt to justify all the airtime and it gained traction?

Probably someone made a comment that she was doing a writer for her story and there the gossip began. It's pretty sad that people are so obsessed with hating a character that they need to be so awful to an actress who is just doing her job. People act like KM has killed their dog or hurt them personally with the obsessive hate over her.

Which is funny since the people who claim to hate Abby and KM so so much are the ones that spend all the time talking about her,  discuss or bring her up even when she's not even on the episode. 

• Love 7

Look, this is a daily series. People gonna hate her if she's there all the darn time being useless.

In the last year, she's been out-acted by Serena, Gabi and Paige, of her contemporaries. I think the annoyance makes sense.

Buffynut, I also like Brady and Eric, in theory. Both actors seem like they could play fun lunkheads, but are stuck with much more sullen material. Both characters have treated women in their lives terribly, and in spite of plot crossovers, are rarely in each others lives as brothers. A shame really.

I'm holding out hope for a good killer reveal in November. Ben is so forgettable I doubt anyone would even remember to show up for his trial...

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 6

I'm tired of people having to defend their comments and opinions about fictional characters. It's pretend people being discussed and a public talk forum.

To put this in perspective I know someone who was on a reality show. Posters on the forum here have called him (not a character but him) names like an asshole or jerk and said they hate him. I have never been offended or asked them to justify their comments or made presumptions about them for simply not liking him. And this is a real life person I know ok - not a fictional one.

So maybe people should accept there may be opinions different from their own. Posters or mods may phrase things in an imperfect or different way than they would themselves like in the nicknames or thread titles.

When you let go of control and have an open mind - life becomes so much more fun and interesting.

• Love 10
Which is funny since the people who claim to hate Abby and KM so so much are the ones that spend all the time talking about her,  discuss or bring her up even when she's not even on the episode. 

Well, there aren't too many Abigail-free episodes, so "out of sight, out of mind" doesn't happen very often.

Buffynut, I also like Brady and Eric, in theory. Both actors seem like they could play fun lunkheads, but are stuck with much more sullen material. Both characters have treated women in their lives terribly, and in spite of plot crossovers, are rarely in each others lives as brothers. A shame really.

I'm not very familiar with either of their histories.  But I've loved the Brady character since back in the Shawn-Douglas, Belle, Chloe teen years.

To put this in perspective I know someone who was on a reality show. Posters on the forum here have called him (not a character but him) names like an asshole or jerk and said they hate him. I have never been offended or asked them to justify their comments or made presumptions about them for simply not liking him. And this is a real life person I know ok - not a fictional one.

I hope your friend doesn't read those forums for a while, unless he was cast to be a "character",  then he'll be pleased to see he did a good job. 

• Love 4

I think all opinions are valid, but  I get annoyed when I have to scroll through repetitive postings about Abigail/KM that don't actually add anything to the current plot discussion (like the one I'm writing now). Sometimes there's a throwaway line about a comment she made, her outfit, or her face on that particular day, but some of them really come off as just an excuse to bitch about her. To sum it up, valid opinion, probably better suited for bitterness thread.

• Love 4

Probably someone made a comment that she was doing a writer for her story and there the gossip began. It's pretty sad that people are so obsessed with hating a character that they need to be so awful to an actress who is just doing her job. People act like KM has killed their dog or hurt them personally with the obsessive hate over her.

I don't think anyone is being awful to KM on here or hates her as a person. We criticize her for her acting (which is fair game) and the way wardrobe and makeup people make her look, which is more a criticism of them not her. Sometimes people mention her allegedly dating a writer, which I think is fair game if it's true because that would explain why she seems to be getting favorable treatment. When I think of actors who get completely shit on on PTV boards I think of Michelle Stafford or Hunter King or even Eric Braden. I think it's fair to be frustrated that a character we think is rancid and who is played by a subpar actress is getting so much screen time. 

If Show were to give me five episodes straight where Abifail isn't on my screen and no one is talking about her in any way I promise not to say anything mean about the character for a month. I don't have to worry about keeping this promise though because I know it will never happen.

• Love 10

The reason she is so talked about is because she is on days almost every day. Plus all the other characters talk about her like she is a nun when she is no better than Kate, Sami or Nicole.

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 7

She's not talked about because she's on everyday because the comments rarely have to do with what occurs on the episodes. She's just bitched out on an over and over and over and over and over again basis for pages and pages when she's not even on the episode. People must bring her up whether she's on or not on and as someone said above, it's add's nothing at all to the discussion of the episode to just call her disgusting names. Ie, there was a post this week mentioning Abby's hymen as a storyline, that has to do with what?

It's just bitter and angry posts that actually should be in bitterness so people who actually want to use this post for plots daily discussion don't have to scroll over them all. The mods had to shut and warn this post about this exact same thing already!

I don't think anyone is being awful to KM on here or hates her as a person. We criticize her for her acting (which is fair game) and the way wardrobe and makeup people make her look, which is more a criticism of them not her. Sometimes people mention her allegedly dating a writer, which I think is fair game

Making up stories or spreading gossip you have no idea about is not fair game and it's considering attacking KM. To claim she only works because she's sleeping with someone in the writers room you consider great to talk about and isn't personal? It's attacking her personally and shows a lot of hate for someone nobody knows. Just like during that whole Ejami/Abby story she was personally called a slut and people couldn't separate her from character at all. The fact people giving interviews would bring it up and James Scott even had to address was appalling.  There's an actress that's doing her job and then there's a fictitious character on a fictitious show. They're not the same.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2

The reason she is so talked about is because she is on days almost every day. Plus all the other characters talk about her like she is a nun when she is no better than Kate, Sami or Nicole.

Exactly! people on here don't like Will and nobody talks about him because he has basically disappeared from the show..Sparkle as well...Abigail is on everyday and it is exhausting, if you are not a fan..I hate Abifail and I will not apologize for it..I think people on here know the difference between Abigail the character and Kate Mansi the person...We are not a bunch of loon who cannot discern fantasy from reality...I am sure Kate Mansi is a nice person in real life, but I don't care for her as an actress..I think Julia Roberts who is an Oscar winning actress to be one note and boring...There are daytime actresses in my opinion who can act better than her...

• Love 4

I'm pretty sure I've never seen a post stating that Guy Wilson had to be screwing Ken Corday because there's no other explanation as to why he got his job. Like there has been with KM.  So yes people can't discern reality from fantasy.

And from Billy Flynn's last interview he and Abby seem to have a huge fanbase that he talked about so comments like how she's the most hated character on DAYS etc.. it's again people are making up with no facts that they can't discern their fantasy from reality. Because they detest Abigail everyone else must also. 

• Love 2

And from Billy Flynn's last interview he and Abby seem to have a huge fanbase that he talked about so comments like how she's the most hated character on DAYS etc.. it's again people are making up with no facts that they can't discern their fantasy from reality. Because they detest Abigail everyone else must also. 

Let's not forget that Billy Flynn is hardly unbiased, seeing as he is portraying one-half of the fabled Chabby pairing.  Just like when KM was being interviewed practically every week for her take on the EJabby affair, BF is being asked to talk about his storyline and  he's being a good little soldier and talking the pairing up and how popular it is.  

I don't think there is actually a quantitative way to prove who has a large fan base/ who is the most popular--results can always be skewed.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 7

I'm pretty sure I've never seen a post stating that Guy Wilson had to be screwing Ken Corday because there's no other explanation as to why he got his job. Like there has been with KM.  So yes people can't discern reality from fantasy.

Not on here, but Guy Wilson's family, especially his sister has been attacked on tweeter by crazy fans and Guy has been accused of using the casting couch to get the role of Will.  I resent your implication that because some of us on here do not like Abigail the character and Kate's interpretation of her,that  we are crazy trolls. I despise Abigail and have nothing against Kate Mansi.. Kate Mansi has not gotten half the vitriol that has been leveled against Guy Wilson, since he took over the role of Will Horton. I feel really bad for him. Even Ken Corday was appalled by the level of hate against him.. I like Guy Wilson, but I am not blind to his limitations as an actor and the show should not have given him so much screentime during the Will/Sonny/Paul triangle...Sonny should have been the focus of storyline and not Will..Sonny should have had the affair and not Will. It would have given Freddie the chance to shine for once in the Wilson storyline, instead of always being Will's purse holder...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

I'm holding out hope for a good killer reveal in November. Ben is so forgettable I doubt anyone would even remember to show up for his trial...

I still like it being Ben, but agree that there's no lasting repercussions to be had. However, since the show (before these past few weeks) has done such a crappy job of  building on past stories. I don't place much importance on that. I'll just accept it as an entertaining way to cull the cast. It has the potential to be a catalyst for some good stuff: Eve, Chad, Rafe, and Justin (even if he's being an ass) all have been given more material to work with; there's a good deal of cast integration that was missing before. I'd rather it be at the expense of an expendable character than have to relive the whole Nick character assassination mess.

• Love 2

Just a friendly reminder that our boards are all inclusive of everyone's opinion and that we have a handy dandy ignore feature for those posters who's opinion makes your blood boil or just naggingly irritates you. 

Here's how:
1.Go to the top of your screen and click on the little head icon.
2.Click on "Manage Ignore Prefs".
3.Type in the annoying person's name.
4.Click the little boxes to the right that give you options on what to ignore.
5.Click "Save Changes."
6.Return to the forum and have fun.

Now, if someone else quotes the annoying person, you'll still see that. Also, you can't ignore the mods. And we can't ignore you. But otherwise, you should be good to go.
I hope this makes life easier for everyone. Happy posting!

Please enjoy this emo bunny! 

s640x480.jpg?w=560&h=459

• Love 12

I haven't liked Abigail because of her actions over the years and her smugness. I liked Cari and Austen as a couple and I'm a huge Sami fan. I think that her innocent act has been tiring over the years and they haven't done a thing to redeem her. There hasn't been real remorse shown that she destroyed Austen's life for months or that she played caring babysitter while sleeping with the kids' father.

Also she only half takes responsibility for her actions around those who she knows will make her feel better. When people do point out her mistakes or question her actions she gets defensive or lashes out. She's done that to Will and Kayla.

My thing is now I don't know why Abigail is still with Ben. She cries when alone or even at night, in bed, about being with him and yet doesn't want to leave. He's given her opportunities to break up with him and she is the one that insists they stay together. Ben being a serial killer doesn't negate her treatment of him (and I don't even like Ben!). I wish that she would just break up with him and then Show builds up Chabby as a couple struggling against their feelings for each other. I guess it's for the baby to have a whole family, but all of her actions show she doesn't want a family with Ben. I just don't think Abigail is a kind person. She's deceitful even when she's a heroine.

Some of this does fall on KM's limitations as an actress. I don't think she controls the scenes she's in. Theresa as a character is flawed and she does callous, selfish, criminal things, but Jen Lilley gives her a humanity and likability. I think that Theresa would be universally panned and hated if not for Jen's acting.

I don't hate Kate Mansi as a person, I just think that Abigail as a character is a horrible person. Maybe it's because Abigail's actions are things people do in the real world. I don't know anyone who's poisoned her enemies or hit someone over the head with a poker. However, I do know people who've cheated or been cheated on. I wish she could be back burnered for a while. I hated Rafe at his peek time on the show and am more receptive to his additional time on the show because of the break.

Edited by Cocka doodle dont
  • Love 12

I haven't liked Abigail because of her actions over the years and her smugness. I liked Cari and Austen as a couple and I'm a huge Sami fan. I think that her innocent act has been tiring over the years and they haven't done a thing to redeem her. There hasn't been real remorse shown that she destroyed Austen's life for months or that she played caring babysitter while sleeping with the kids' father.

Also she only half takes responsibility for her actions around those who she knows will make her feel better. When people do point out her mistakes or question her actions she gets defensive or lashes out. She's done that to Will and Kayla.

My thing is now I don't know why Abigail is still with Ben. She cries when alone or even at night, in bad, about being with him and yet doesn't want to leave. He's given her opportunities to break up with him and she is the one that insists they stay together. Ben being a serial killer doesn't negate her treatment of him (and I don't even like Ben!). I wish that she would just break up with him and then Show builds up Chabby as a couple struggling against their feelings for each other. I guess it's for the baby to have a whole family, but all of her actions show she doesn't want a family with Ben. I just don't think Abigail is a kind person. She's deceitful even when she's a heroine.

Some of this does fall on KM's limitations as an actress. I don't think she controls the scenes she's in. Theresa as a character is flawed and she does callous, selfish, criminal things, but Jen Lilley gives her a humanity and likability. I think that Theresa would be universally panned and hated if not for Jen's acting.

I don't hate Kate Mansi as a person, I just think that Abigail as a character is a horrible person. Maybe it's because Abigail's actions are things people do in the real world. I don't know anyone who's poisoned her enemies or hit someone over the head with a poker. However, I do know people who've cheated or been cheated on.

I love your post...Well said!

• Love 1

Friday's episode just revealed the identity of a serial killer, yet the past three pages of this board have been dedicated solely to "that trollop Abigail Devereaux" (thanks John Oliver!)

This is why we see her so much. Not because the actress is allegedly fucking a writer. Not because she's "the pet" of the executives in charge. But because she's the most talked about character on the show. Love her or hate her, people can barely wait until an episode ends before taking to Twitter, Facebook, and message boards to either love her or slam her. And to the folks in charge, that equals ad dollars. Yeah, sure, Abigail begged E.J. to continue their affair, but you saw that toothpaste ad with Alison Sweeney, right? She may still be lying to Ben about sleeping with Chad, but I sure feel like having some Cheerios all of a sudden. 

And that's all they care about. The ad dollars. True O'Brien and Melissa Archer may be "better actors", but there's a reason their characters were the first victims of a serial killer, and Abigail will never be.

• Love 3

I don't know, bnichol.  Loudly expressed frustration is the step just before apathy.  I used to complain about the Corinthii clan and Maurice Bernard's terrible acting on General Hospital all the time, but realized it wasn't going to change anything and quit watching.  If Days continues to do the same with Abigail and the horrible Kate Mansi, I'll do the same.

Good catch to whomever upthread caught that the new detective is from Florida!  Hopefully that will indeed tie in to the serial killer storyline.  I blanked out a bunch of Serena's backstory and now am wondering if she didn't work in Florida also?  Maybe there were murders there and she covered them as part of a medical mystery or something, and Ben (or whatever name he was going by them) was on the periphery of her investigation.  I still have faith that even with boring Ben as the killer, the story will be interesting and memorable.

• Love 10

I have commented occasionally on Abigail and Kate Mansi positively and negatively. Sometimes I think she (KM) does a good job, and I have brought it up, and sometimes she's just awful in a scene, and I've brought that up too. I do not like Abigail the character and I've often commented to that effect. I disagree with a lot of what she does. Also, I like Chad and since I don't see much in Abby I question his judgment and wish he would pursue someone else. I have to say that either way I have received no untoward attention from anyone on this board. In this day and age, that says a lot about the quality of the posters on this board. People here have strong opinions, and I for one enjoy reading them, whether I agree with them or not. Sometimes I think an opinion is really wrong-headed! But it doesn't take away from the fact that what I read here are sincere posts from people who are fans of the show, like me. We are all fans, even if we have disagreements about which aspect of the show we like or dislike. I wish we could settle down and get back to policing the show, rather than trying to police each other's opinions.

To keep this on-topic: I have not seen all the history of Steve and Kayla - I watched them first in the storyline where he came back from the dead and he thought he was someone else for a while. I have always enjoyed what I have seen of them though. BUT - I know he's supposed to be sexy and all, but I cracked up when the hot young Britta-daughter-imposter came on to him and he was all, not interested, honey. It was good to see him remaining faithful to Kayla, but just the whole thing of her coming on to him at all had me rolling my eyes.

For those who know the history, was Britta a love interest of Bo's? IOW, is he going to come back to town and reclaim Hope after leaving her to chase after another woman? Since I am already peeved with how they are handling the Aiden storyline - this will just increase my irritation if it turns out to be the case! Especially since you know Hope will not be given any choice except to get back with Bo. :(

I also like the new storyline with Eduardo, Rafe, and Gabi. Fathers deserting families is a topic with a lot of personal resonance for me, and Rafe's reaction is intriguing to me. I really am liking Eyelash Rafe with the new writing!

• Love 4

I think I figured out why why the Chabby relationship isn't grabbing me and it's that there isn't a sense of urgency.  In today's episode we got to see CM and MR emoting the crap out of their scenes because of their sense of worry and fear over Clyde and what he's capable of.  Same thing with Hope and Aiden--Hope wants her relationship to work out so she is ignoring red flags and Aiden is desperate to keep Hope and to protect Chase,

There's no sense of consequences for Abby--she lies right to Ben's face and gets away with it.  She still doesn't know that Ben knows she cheated on him and by her own words and actions, she has no intention of revealing the truth and it doesn't seem as though Ben is either.  If she were to go to Chad right now, he'd take her back.  Either way, she's got a man to take care of her and that is not riveting TV.  I need to see Abs in some real fear, some real worry that not everything is going to go her way in order to even feel a little sympathy for her.

I also like seeing Steve in investigator mode--brings back awesome memories of his, Bo and Hope's old adventures :)

• Love 5

For those who know the history, was Britta a love interest of Bo's?

Britta was a love interest of Steve AND Bo. It's a whole thing... it's part of the merchant marines thing and the reason Steve's missing an eye (Bo and his knife) and, for the life of me, I still cannot figure out why these two dude fought over someone as anemic and blah as she.

Bo moved the hell on and, eventually, so did Steve. So at least they realized the mistake and rectified it. It's actually kind of a nice bit where Steve finally realizes that Britta pretty much sucks and tells her so (and threatens to kill her a few times because, you know, he was a bad boy and that how he rolled back in the day.)

• Love 4

I also like the new storyline with Eduardo, Rafe, and Gabi. Fathers deserting families is a topic with a lot of personal resonance for me, and Rafe's reaction is intriguing to me. I really am liking Eyelash Rafe with the new writing!

Me, too.  I don't recall a soap having a character like Eduardo.  What kind of man abandons his family, and then goes and has another family which he also abandons?  Hopefully they will delve a bit into his psyche before AM wraps up his appearances.  I wouldn't even mind if Eddie has yet another family which also ends up in Salem, since there needs to be more 20s and 30s something characters in town.

Co-signing the rest of your post as well.  Even when there are opinions I disagree with, I don't go around demanding that the person posting them justify himself/herself.  The diversity of viewpoints and (usual) respect for one another are the reasons why I like this board.

• Love 3

After today, there is no doubt that Ben killed both Serena and Paige....There  was a promo for this week, where Ben is comforting Eve and telling her that they will catch the killer..How cold and evil of him..That is typical of serial killers though..He is truly a psychopath, taking pleasure in watching his victims suffer....Poor Jordan..She needs to come back and realize that she raised a monster..I remember the show had both Paige and Eve recognized Ben from Miami and I also remember how sweet he was to Eve once....The town is going to be dumbfounded when they found out about Ben...

I have to extend my sympathies to the Aiden fans on here, I am appalled by what the new writers have done to him..It  is unconscionable....As a Will fan, I feel your pain having to watch your favorite character be trash needlessly...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

I'm so confused w/JJ and Jen today. I thought JJ knew the house was bugged...isn't that why he kept putting on crappy music every time they talked before? Surely he didn't just feel like jamming while they hashed out matters of life and death. So why did they talk freely today and then realize the place is bugged?  And...have they never heard of protective custody?  Wouldn't it be better for them and the whole town to tell the police about Clyde and stay hidden away while he's arrested. How hard could it be for Jen to discretely inform Hope, her cousin and best friend?  These two are not the sharpest tools in the Horton shed.

So Bo and the whole Silence of the Lambs get-up...just going to throw that one out there. Bizarre. Can't wait till Steve rescues him.

The new headwriter is definitely making Raf smarter. He so didn't buy the shit Abifail was selling when she fed him that line about Ben and her baby. He looked like many of us posters--who cares about your personal life?

And yes I'm picking on Abigail's character again because she was on screen as always--more screen time today than Bo & Steve, two veteran actors, and she gave Rafe that snug look that she gets when she's thinks she's smarter than everyone else.  I guess she isn't interested in turning him on since he's not a Dimera or in a relationship with anyone now. But look out Hope once you hook up with your partner. ;-)

No Andre today....disappointing. 

• Love 4

It gets worse and worse. Now Aiden is stealing from Hope?

Also, Hope is talking too much about how Aiden needs to trust HER when she should also be talking about how she needs to be able to trust HIM. I guess she was doing that with the whole there can't be secrets thing, but still - she has good reason to be angry with Aiden. FFS.

• Love 2

I could like Abigail if she were to pay for her misdeeds. If the show were to write her as an anti-heroine, she would be a better character...She is Duke Johnson's granddaughter, I don't expect her to be a saint. Jack was not a saint, but you guys know how much I love him. His flaws made him so interesting and intriguing..Jennifer dealing with a female version of her great love Jack would have been so much better...Abigail is not a heroine in my book, her mother Jennifer is a classic heroine...

The show should have let Sami destroy her and then slowly built  her up again..She would have been more sympathetic and self aware..I heard that Kate Mansi wanted the writers to write a story about Abigail's psyche to explain her misbehavior in the past concerning Austin and EJ and the writers told her No....Abigail has a history of mental illness in her  family on her mother's side and the horrible Johnson family legacy on her father's side..Imaginative writers could have come up with a character-driven story for Abigail, to not only redeem her, but also make her more rootable as a character...Don't tell us how wonderful Abigail is Ken Corday, show us via your writers...

This is exactly the way that I feel. You are so right about the possibilities that could have been taken with the character of Abigail. If only.....

• Love 2

So Ben's blacking out too? Everything with him today was confusing. He seems to remember and flashing back to the murders but then says "it couldn't have been me, it's Chad." Acting like he was just remembering. Then acts horrified like he's in shock and pain while remembering. Like he's not conscious of what he was doing when he committed the murders, like brainwash or DID. Some alternate personality. Then at the end it's "you're going to pay for what you made me do." So he's aware and blaming it on Chad.

Stefano's at home sending text messages to Aiden while there's an APB out on Chad?

Hope's got all that money that she could just wire over 100,000 like it's nothing. Does Ciara know how much money her mom has since she wanted those diamond earrings from Sami that Hope threw a tantrum over. 

There's no sense of consequences for Abby-

We see this mentioned a lot that there's no consequences for her, she doesn't pay for anything, even she doesn't go to work so how does she keep her job. Yet it's a soap and there's a dozen other characters on the same episode that hasn't paid for consequences, hasn't paid for things far worse (Ie Gabi's out of jail after less than a year for murdering a Horton, Victor? Stefano? Rafe even got his job back after his aiding criminals, Kate, Sami. Theresa, Brady, Nicole) and we see spend all their days in Club TBD or the Brady Pub (Jenn's been in her house for scenes for days, Hope spent all day today at that mansion set)  but they're not mentioned at all, it's always Abigail.

I think I agree with the poster above that she's the most talked about character every single day and that's why she's on always, she's so popular in love and hate. People can't wait to mention her, even if she's not on the show. They have to point out that she wasn't on the show.  

Edited by Artsda

What's the point of (probably) giving Ben DID or some other mental illness. He's not some important character that needs an out so he can be redeemed. Just make him an unrepentant murderer and be done with it.

The lies just roll off Abifail's tongue so easily.

• Love 7

I know that as a viewer I'm okay with Gabi's getting out of jail after only serving a year in jail because it will bring on some meaty story lines.  We'll have the Hortons, particularly Julie, giving Gabi a hart time, we'll have Gabi's own guilt for killing a man, and her guilt for being separated from Ari and we'll get to see her and Rafe reconnect and deal with their dad.

If I thought for one moment that Chad might turn his back on Abby if he found out she was pregnant and didn't know who the dad was, or if I thought Jenn might give her a hard time or that Ben might start terrorizing her, I'd be all for Ab's screentime, but I don't think we're going to get that.  That's what I meant by no consequences.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 4

I saw it as him being in denial about his actions..I think Ben is a psychopath, just like Daddy Clyde....I hope that they don't do the DID trope..It is played out...

But Clyde they do show as being aware of what he's doing and when he's doing it. Ben was like in denial, saying it couldn't be him when he's remembering doing it. That line was odd. 

The problem with Gabi getting out of jail after just months of committing cold blooded murder is that Rafe/Justin/Roman are so gung ho to catch Chad like murderer's are bad. Yet they're letting Gabi out on the streets at the same time, so what's the purpose of even attempting to catch the murderer? If murderer's in Salem just get out of jail free after a few months and are hanging out in the Horton square eating fro-yo? They're showing at the same time as this strangler story that being a murderer and killing a character  is worthless jail wise.

Edited by Artsda

I think Ben is having some type of inner struggle...Does he love Abigail? Psychopaths are incapable of love and empathy..They are monsters in human form...Watching him kill Paige brought tears to my eyes, Paige is so innocent...His method of killing shows the depth of his depravity...I think Ben will become unhinged as time goes on and on..Eventually he will embrace his evilness and go for broke...I also think that he has done this before....I would not be surprise if there were some unsolved killings in Salem that were committed by Ben. Perhaps he  killed some prostitutes or drug fiends...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

I could have done without explicit scenes of the murders.  I know it is all the rage for television to be as graphic as possible but it bugs the crap out of me at this point as it is on overdrive with it.

Shame they did this with Aiden.  Seems so tacked on - which, I assume it is.

As to the Abigail stuff - I just find the actress to be, unfortunately, not up to this character's demands and constant appearances.  To me, anyway.

• Love 4

I think I agree with the poster above that she's the most talked about character every single day and that's why she's on always, she's so popular in love and hate. People can't wait to mention her, even if she's not on the show. They have to point out that she wasn't on the show.  

If that's Days approach, it's a very flawed approach which would explain their poor ratings. A better measure of success would be fans united in their praise of a character's or actor's performance or an awe-inspiring couple like back in the days of the Super couples...or even a mystery plot that kept viewers guessing. There's love-hate relationships and then there's just plain loathing.  I can think of plenty of true villains that I love to hate but Abigail just falls in the simple loathing and frustrated with this show category. Again the difference between venting and "loving to mention."  It's like in the real world when people complain about their jobs frequently. They don't secretly love their jobs so much that they enjoy talking about them; they simply need to vent to trudge through the day to make a living. Watching this show is a little like work. You have to vent to get through the annoying stuff to stick around for the scenes/characters you do want to watch. And from time to time, viewers can't take any more and they quit and move on like people do with their jobs. And there goes the ratings.

What's the point of (probably) giving Ben DID or some other mental illness. He's not some important character that needs an out so he can be redeemed. Just make him an unrepentant murderer and be done with it.

The lies just roll off Abifail's tongue so easily.

I get the feeling that it's the writers attempt to make the reveal more interesting. Though I feel that could have been accomplished with a different choice of killer. Does anyone know how this fit with the writers' shift? The current ones mentioned they inherited the serial killer storyline but tweaked it. I'd love to know the details of that now.

• Love 5

Me, too.  I don't recall a soap having a character like Eduardo.  What kind of man abandons his family, and then goes and has another family which he also abandons?  

My former brother in law?

I'm not going to complain about Gabi being released early. At least she did *some* time, which is more than, well, just about anyone else on the show. I was the same with Nicole once she got out for baby napping.

They're so going to screw it up, but I suppose they could go with Ben developing a mental illness as a result of childhood trauma. It was established that Clyde abused Ben, right? I admit to ignoring so much of Ben and Clyde for months, so I don't remember details.

• Love 3

.I would not be surprise if there were some unsolved killings in Salem that were committed by Ben. Perhaps he  killed some prostitutes or drug fiends...

I was thinking that about Florida, what ever he was up to in Florida could be the same MO of what's going on here. Like in Florida also had a strangler killer. 

• Love 2

I think he was abused by Clyde, but  Jordan got the brunt of it, probably because she was  his stepdaughter and it probably made it easier for a monster like Clyde to do that  to her...Ben is just like his father.  They are both sadistic monsters that enjoy hurting others....I remember how Clyde enjoyed beating the crap out of Aiden...Ben could be the classic case of Nature vs. nurture...It could be a compelling story, if done right, but Jordan would have to be on canvas to give it more depth..She sacrificed alot for Ben..I wonder did Jordan ever suspect Ben, she was not happy to see him, when he came looking for her..It is so ironic that Kate brought Jordan to help Rafe, and it ushered in Ben and Clyde..I hope the show have Kate realize this at some point..It all goes back to Kate...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

It is so ironic that Kate brought Jordan to help Rafe, and it ushered in Ben and Clyde..I hope the show have Kate realize this at some point..It all goes back to Kate...

I've always had issues with the fact that Kate didn't recognize the red flags about Clyde having living through Curtis herself. This always seems like a major writing flaw, another case of the writers not being true to the character or the history. 

• Love 10

But, if Ben didn't know he has murdered them why was he going through those items last week and knew exactly where they were?  Seems to indicate he does know what he's doing - 

Exactly why it didn't make sense he didn't seem aware and was saying that it couldn't have been me. It would fit if he did have some sort of multiple personality disorder similar or DID. I guess he could be going in and out of being aware. 

Did these new writers ever work on OLTL or GH?

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2

Exactly why it didn't make sense he didn't seem aware and was saying that it couldn't have been me. It would fit if he did have some sort of multiple personality disorder similar or DID. I guess he could be going in and out of being aware. 

Did these new writers ever work on OLTL or GH?

Both worked on One Life to live..Higley gave Jessica a legacy child that grew up on the show DID by giving her a retcon abused childhood. Higley was proud of her work. despite the backlash  by the fans, by calling what she did to Jessica, "the unpalatable". I despise that woman. Soaps are dying because they recycle fired writers from other shows. We need new blood to keep  the genre going.  Ben knows what he is doing because he was listening to Rafe and Abigail talk...I also think that he has a partner in crime...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

Okay, my burning question of the day:  what the heck was the flashing red and green light outside Ben's apartment?  Do they live in some sleazy section of town with super bright neon signs?  Was it some sort of an attempt at a pulp fiction feel?  Was it just in Ben's mind and that's why he is at one time fully cognizant of murdering women, and in the next moment in denial.  Green means, I'm innocent Chad did it, and Red means, oh shit I did it?

I am very sad about the direction Aiden's life is going.  And I really don't want to see Bo tortured.

• Love 9

Oh, Aiden.  It was refreshing that he was coming clean about the loan shark situation, and then he turns around and keeps the money.  It wasn't surprising that Stefano was responsible for paying the debt, but it will be disappointing if he's the person responsible for Bo’s kidnapping and torture.  I’d rather it be some other big bad from the past.

Rafe so knows that Abigail is a lying liar who lies.  Smart (and smartass) Rafe is my favorite.  Bartender Rafe, smug Rafe, and woobie Rafe need to stay in the past.

I’m also confused about JJ and Jennifer and the bug situation.  Why did he keep turning on the radio if he didn’t know there was someone listening?  At least Jennifer was able to put it together about Eve being the culprit

So glad Chad was able to remember what time it was when he was fighting with the homeless guy.  This story will be the most satisfying if he saves himself.

The murder scenes were really brutal.  I gotta say, though, that the music in all of Ben’s scenes today was well done, especially the last one.  (Corday should stick to music and stay out of the writing.)  There really needs to be some explanation for why Ben sits back and takes all of Abigail’s lies, and apologizes to her when he confronts her about them.  Also?  Trucker caps everywhere should be burned.  They don’t look good on anyone.

Still giggling over that Johnsonville commercial.

If that's Days approach, it's a very flawed approach which would explain their poor ratings. <snip> Again the difference between venting and "loving to mention."  It's like in the real world when people complain about their jobs frequently. They don't secretly love their jobs so much that they enjoy talking about them; they simply need to vent to trudge through the day to make a living.

Exactly. 

My former brother in law?

Yikes.  Hopefully his families have come to realize they are much better off without him.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 3