Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I always felt that Will cheating on LA was just another way for Tomsell to further ruin Will's character and make the Gay Daniel more worthy of Sonny..When Paul had found out that Will had only slept with one guy before him..He had mocked Will for his inexperience and Will got defensive and responded that there was nothing wrong with that..That was before Paul found out their Sonny connection...If Will had really cheated in LA, the writers would have hinted at that in their interactions in the hotel...Tomsell just likes to pile on a character's misdeeds, once they have been anointed Evil by their poison pens..Look at Theresa, Eve and Nicole...They do the same thing with their heros and heroines, Daniel, Paul and Abigail, they can do anything that they want and are never held accountable for their mistakes...

• Love 4

They did the same thing with Eve/Jennifer. Eve's gaslighting scheme for Jennifer was changed into ratting out JJ as an informant to kyle the drug dealer, that will tie into Paige's tragic swan song...

*raises tentative hand* I was looking forward to the gaslighting story, I really was. That seemed old-school soapy to me, and I can't STAND Jennifer, so I was anticipating enjoying her suffering.

Btw, I powered through a week and a half of DAYS last night (still a week behind) and I could use a hug, because that? With the exception of Sonny's exit, that was some crap tv.

Rafe pining for Hope -- WHO CARES?!?!?!?!? Rafe is nothing but a giant Muppet anyway -- he's all eyes and eyebrows and blankness. I mean, seriously, who the hell is this guy? What personality is he supposed to have? HE'S A MUPPET.

I can't stand to listen to Sonny's mother -- I tried, I really tried to listen to her conversation wtih Sonny, but every simpering word out of her mouth drove me into a rage blackout. I was lucky enough, however, to catch the glorious moment in which he turned on her and asked if that was the justification she used when she cheated. GLORIOUS!

Sonny's exit was great -- especially his goodbye with Victor. I felt a stab in my heart when Victor told him not to be gone for too long, because Victor, and John Aniston, aren't getting any younger, and it's going to kill me when we lose JA. He is a treasure.

But everything else pretty much sucked. And a lot of it was stupid. And I still need a hug, because I've got another week's worth of episodes to go!!!

• Love 5

If Will had really cheated in LA, the writers would have hinted at that in their interactions in the hotel...

They did have Will acting all squirrely after his sudden return.

Let's put it this way - months after the ONS, Paul still feels bad that it hurt Sonny while Will not only doesn't, but did like six crappy things after that he has taken minimal responsibility for and he seems shocked, just SHOCKED that offering a half-ass apology to Sonny didn't work this time.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

I never saw any hint of that..it was just further character assassination on Will..Just like Theresa trying to kill John, Nicole destroying the evidence that would clear Eric...Eve trying to gaslight Jennifer....Once you are branded evil, you are scum ...Sami being derided for being pissed that Abigail fucked her husband....The writing of Tomsell was always skewered in favor of their pets, Daniel, Abigail and Paul....The same thing happened to my beloved Jack..He was killed in favor of Doctor Tan..I will always hate Dan and his gay counterpart Paul for that reason...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

*raises tentative hand* I was looking forward to the gaslighting story, I really was. That seemed old-school soapy to me, and I can't STAND Jennifer, so I was anticipating enjoying her suffering.

Btw, I powered through a week and a half of DAYS last night (still a week behind) and I could use a hug, because that? With the exception of Sonny's exit, that was some crap tv.

Rafe pining for Hope -- WHO CARES?!?!?!?!? Rafe is nothing but a giant Muppet anyway -- he's all eyes and eyebrows and blankness. I mean, seriously, who the hell is this guy? What personality is he supposed to have? HE'S A MUPPET.

I can't stand to listen to Sonny's mother -- I tried, I really tried to listen to her conversation wtih Sonny, but every simpering word out of her mouth drove me into a rage blackout. I was lucky enough, however, to catch the glorious moment in which he turned on her and asked if that was the justification she used when she cheated. GLORIOUS!

Sonny's exit was great -- especially his goodbye with Victor. I felt a stab in my heart when Victor told him not to be gone for too long, because Victor, and John Aniston, aren't getting any younger, and it's going to kill me when we lose JA. He is a treasure.

But everything else pretty much sucked. And a lot of it was stupid. And I still need a hug, because I've got another week's worth of episodes to go!!!

I'll give you the hugs you need, and I'd also like to supply you with a bottle of Grey Goose.  You're gonna need it to power through the week you've got left!

• Love 1

Sonny's mother is a trashbag.

Let's put it this way - months after the ONS, Paul still feels bad that it hurt Sonny while Will not only doesn't, but did like six crappy things after that he has taken minimal responsibility for and he seems shocked, just SHOCKED that offering a half-ass apology to Sonny didn't work this time.

Sparkle feels bad that he had sex with Sonny's husband and hurt his chances of getting Sonny to take him back. 

• Love 4

I don't think anything is going to convince me Paul had any blame in breaking up Will and Sonny's marriage. I do not think he is a saint, but Will is the one who had hurt Sonny the most. He was married to him, he cheated on him, he lied again and again. He promised he would focus on their marriage, but in the meantime he was only scheming to keep Paul from Sonny. As if Sonny had no choice in the matter.

Of course Paul feels bad for the posibillity he has ruined any chance with Sonny. But he did not do it on purpose, Sonny knows that. He did not mean to hurt him.

Edited by Ruby Red
  • Love 10

You know, these showrunners have the right idea--there is nothing more entertaining that watching Abby sit around preening and looking smug that her life is working out perfectly and lest we forget, she's going to have all of these people around helping her with the baby. Yep, there is nothing more fun then watching an insufferable, entitled twit have a smooth life.  

Thanks, writers. 

• Love 10

I don't think anything is going to convince me Paul had any blame in breaking up Will and Sonny's marriage. I do not think he is a saint, but Will is the one who had hurt Sonny the most. He was married to him, he cheated on him, he lied again and again. He promised he would focus on their marriage, but in the meantime he was only scheming to keep Paul from Sonny. As if Sonny had no choice in the matter.

Yup, all of this.  His lies and cheating and half-ass apologizes are on him, they're what drove Sonny away.  And honestly, Sonny should have dumped his ass after the first bout of cheating, let alone the second.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

Tomsell wrote Will to have no redeeming quality so that Paul could be a saint and more worthy...He is without sin and perfect in the eyes of God..I don't care how badly they write Will, I  will always have a soft spot for Lumi's kid. Paul is a retcon. I hope the new writers change his paternity...I was watching when Jarlena was at Maison Blanche, there is no way that John slept with Paul's mom..

• Love 2

Tomsell wrote Will to have no redeeming quality so that Paul could be a saint and more worthy...He is without sin and perfect in the eyes of God...

Apprentice79, these overdramatics are so unlike you! ;)

I don't think Paul is a saint at all.  But Will fucked up his marriage.  He started fucking up his marriage when he screwed that guy in LA, before Paul was even in the picture.  And I still maintain that I prefer a messy triangle - even if the writing went pretty much to shit after Sonny found out about the ONS - over Will and Sonny standing around folding baby clothes and blandly smiling at each other.

But hey, different strokes and all.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8

Apprentice79, these overdramatics are so unlike you! ;)

I don't think Paul is a saint at all.  But Will fucked up his marriage.  He started fucking up his marriage when he screwed that guy in LA, before Paul was even in the picture.  And I still maintain that I prefer a messy triangle - even if the writing went pretty much to shit after Sonny found out about the ONS - over Will and Sonny standing around folding baby clothes and blandly smiling at each other.

But hey, different strokes and all.

I think Will was screwing up his marriage even before he left for LA--he was all smiles and brimming with self-importance when he received his offer to become a screenwriter.  He didn't care that he was being physically separated from Sonny, all he cared about was his own success.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 10

I don't like what they have done with Eve. It's pretty mean to have her do something so blatantly illegal and irresponsible. Today it was clear that she wants JJ dead, and that's just a horrible thing for the character to do. Even when Theresa hit John, it was out of desperation and impulse. Eve is deliberately plotting to have JJ killed and isn't even hiding it from Paige. And on top of that, Eve doesn't seem concerned that she herself might face consequences for this insanely illegal and stupid and vindictive and reckless behavior. And on top of that, Paige is going to die. I thought the new writers would redeem her, how will she remain viable after this.. Eve is vile.  She's making me feel sorry for Paige, but JJ and Paige are still the stupidest people in Salem.

I think Ben is the killer and killed Serena to set up Chad with his dad's help..I think he will kill Clyde for some reason and will be killing other people in Salem to mask his true intentions of getting rid of Chad to secure Abigail..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

Excuse me but........WOOHOOO!!! The show was GREAT today!

I hope the killer is Ben - they had Abby comment on how he had been out that morning - maybe he was out strangling Serena with Chad's tie that Clyde took from Chad when he was drunk?!? Their motive is to frame Chad and send him to prison to keep him away from Abby....

That pic of Jen and JJ under the headline "Salem's New Drug Lords?"?? Priceless.

• Love 7

Is it too late for Abigail to get pregnant with twins by different fathers?

Not in Salem.

I don't like what they have done with Eve. It's pretty mean to have her do something so blatantly illegal and irresponsible. Today it was clear that she wants JJ dead, and that's just a horrible thing for the character to do. Even when Theresa hit John, it was out of desperation and impulse. Eve is deliberately plotting to have JJ killed and isn't even hiding it from Paige. And on top of that, Eve doesn't seem concerned that she herself might face consequences for this insanely illegal and stupid and vindictive and reckless behavior. And on top of that, Paige is going to die. I thought the new writers would redeem her, how will she remain viable after this.. Eve is vile.  She's making me feel sorry for Paige, but JJ and Paige are still the stupidest people in Salem.

I want to like Eve, really, I do. And for a few minutes, I almost did. But this is some stupid, self defeating shit. Most everyone has done some vile stuff, but this seems Dimera level awful, and I agree that it's not something a non-cartoonish character like Eve can recover from, no matter how capable KDP is.

• Love 4

Steve will be back to tomorrow for his sweetness....Mark your calendars! I think tomorrow will signal the insanity that is sure to come in Salem..I hope that we are totally entertained....

Excuse me but........WOOHOOO!!! The show was GREAT today!

I hope the killer is Ben - they had Abby comment on how he had been out that morning - maybe he was out strangling Serena with Chad's tie that Clyde took from Chad when he was drunk?!? Their motive is to frame Chad and send him to prison to keep him away from Abby....

That pic of Jen and JJ under the headline "Salem's New Drug Lords?"?? Priceless.

Don't forget that Tomsell made a big deal about Paige and Eve knowing him in Florida..Tomsell intended to make Ben the bad guy, I think the new writers will make him evil.I think there was alot of shadiness with Ben. We are going to learn some awful things..I remember Clyde got upset about people looking into Ben's past...If Ben is the killer, than Jordan needs to come back and realize that she raised a monster and it raises the timeless debate of Nature vs. Nurture. It can be very good if the writers take the time to play out the beats...We have a crazy ride I have a feeling...a long crazy ride. Thank God. I miss those "Days".

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

I also noted Abigail mentioned Ben had gone out to bring her back breakfast. I was specifically watching to see if he was with her all night or not. It seems too obvious, though, with Clyde watching last night and Ben sweetly going out to get his "princess" breakfast.

For about 2 minutes weeks ago when Eve was at Eric's place she came across as someone normal and almost rootable.  Now she's just evil.

• Love 2

For all that Eve's behavior is pretty full blown evil and despicable I think it's fairly obvious that it will result in her losing her daughter... permanently via death. That's a pretty huge consequence for her actions.

The question is... what happens next? Does she continue to be horrible? Or do they use that to perhaps turn her around a wee bit and make her a bit less horrible?

• Love 6

All of this disgusting gushing mannequin is doing about Abifail might MIGHT be worth it if she ended up in disgrace and lost everything. Unfortunately, that's not going to happen. Her usual group of cheerleaders will make excuses for her and she'll suffer not a single consequence. So they'll be no pay off for those of us that hates this creature. 

How does having JJ killed help Eve in any way? If something happens to him Paige will know she's responsible and will probably tell the cops. 

• Love 5

I think her twisted reasoning is that JJ will permanently be out of Paige's life. She's not thinking that Paige will hate her "forever."

Moot point but yeah, faulty logic on Eve's part.

• Love 5

The question is... what happens next? Does she continue to be horrible? Or do they use that to perhaps turn her around a wee bit and make her a bit less horrible?

That really is the question. It depends on whom Eve blames. If Eve reacts by blaming Jen and JJ like she did for the JJ sexcapades, then it's just going to be more of the same. If she fully blames herself, then the character will start to turn around.

These new writers so far are really not proving to be any better than the old writers in terms of this type of thing - in fact, so far they've proven to be worse - so I really don't know what to predict. Eve dropped her plan to gaslight Jen...only to try to get JJ killed. That's worse than her original plan. Theresa dropped her plan to make it look like Tate was sick/hurt...only to falsely accuse Xander of sexual assault. That's worse than her original plan (I agree her original plan would have gone horribly wrong and Tate would have gotten hurt for real - but it would have been an accident, not intentional. What she did to Xander was fully intentional.). Aiden was a decent man for all these months and now he's been tossed under the bus.

So, yeah. Eve very well might react to Paige's death by doubling down on her attempts to destroy Jen and JJ, rather than take any personal responsibility.

• Love 6

I actually feel sorry for Ben...Chad has been inserting himself in his relationship with Abifail since the day that he came back to town. Chad stalked Abby when he first got back to town. He kept finding her and telling her they were meant to be. He kept trying to tempt her away from Ben. He might not have used an app to find her, but he would search her out over and over. Chad was annoying like Sparkle with his" we are meant to be" spiel.. He was constantly mocking Ben and telling him that he did not measure up as a man for a woman like Abigail...He slept with his sister Jordan just to get under his skin and then played her..To add to his misery, he slept with Abifail,  his worst nightmare realized,that is alot for one man to take..There is something both creepy and endearing about Ben, he reminds me a bit of Nick Corelli...Nick was a loathsome individual, but you put him in a scene with original recipe Eve and he became human for a bit...Just a bit....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

I don't even care that what Eve is doing is EVUL because punk-rock Jen (honestly, what were the stylists doing to her today) being The New Drug Lord of Salem is too hilarious.

And, 'You're so brave JJ' with your backpack!!! *swoon*

giphy.gif

Please, as much as I was getting annoyed with self-righteous Paige, I would have rathered her go out not being schmoopy over the guy who had sex with her mother repeatedly.

Edited by kristabell
  • Love 7

Note that both Ben and Aiden were out bright and early this morning.  Just pointing it out.  :)

Wow, Billy just slugged down that water, didn't he?

Princess?  Queen?  Puke.

The light streaming into Roman's office through those open blinds would have been blinding in his eyes if it was real sunlight.

The whole thing about not letting the story about the Horton Center go unanswered is ridiculous.

Why was Eric expecting a call from Serena?  And why would the hotel let him know that all of her stuff was still there? "Everyone's starting to get really worried"?  Who would care besides Eric?

Aiden's boss is "744a".  Any idea what that might mean?

Julie refuses to believe anything bad about Nick, but can immediately believe the worst about JJ.

• Love 3

I want to like Eve, really, I do. And for a few minutes, I almost did. But this is some stupid, self defeating shit. Most everyone has done some vile stuff, but this seems Dimera level awful, and I agree that it's not something a non-cartoonish character like Eve can recover from, no matter how capable KDP is.

This is where I'm at after today and it pains me because I love KDP as an actress. She kept me enthralled long after Pod became the monster that ate the show and I would wish more than anything for the return of RH as the original and best Todd. However, she is actively hoping that JJ gets killed, she is publicly smearing Jenn (yeah I still hate her over Jack), but this smear is having a direct impact on a center designed to honor Tom and Alice and service the community. That goes beyond hurting Jenn, you are hurting innocent people. At this point, I want her to be one of the victims, or be carted of to prison for the rest of her natural life.

As for today, the positives outnumbered the negatives:

Positives -- John, Marlena, Hope, Eric (he did a good job today trying to sell that anybody in Salem cared about Serena), Maggie (she was more like the Maggie I remember from her days as Mickey's wife), Julie (she was more like the Julie I liked in the past).

Negatives -- Chad flash backing on ferret-faced cretin, FFC, Jenn, JJ, Paige , Eve, Fauxman, the continued destruction of Aiden.

• Love 4

744a is probably the number of the plot point they decided on to make Aiden evil. The first 743 didn't seem right.

HAHAHAHA!  BaBOOM and SNAPm Worleybird!   Great post.  And I have a water-covered keyboard, thanks to your wit.

I have enjoyed this whole week, especially today. For the first time in a while, I'm actually interested in the majority of the story lines, even Abby/Ben (both of whom I'm at best indifferent to) because they tie in to other stories. The soapy camp of Chad hearing and reacting to Serena's name on the newsflash was the highlight of the episode for me!
I wish I knew what was up with Aiden. I don't think he's the killer, it's still too early in the game for him not to be a red herring in that respect, but I am very curious as to what he's up to. 

• Love 1

The park of death - man, they should just bulldoze over it and lay concrete down and turn it into a parking lot.

So - lots of people are going to die is that what is being set up?  Oh - don't say, if it's not already known, of course.

Eve is about as bad as any of the other psychopaths running amok in this town.  I would think after this, she would be out of the show - they can' redeem such a character - not anytime soon anyway.  

Jen's hair looks better now that they let her "wearing" just her own - the other looked awful

And, what on earth is a police department doing putting a kid like JJ (and not just because of his age but because of his immaturity) in this insane situation?  They should have their asses sued - big time.  

Edited by roomtorome
  • Love 2

I thought Missy Reeves looked really good today. All of the up do's were making her look so old. So, who is Jen's next love interest going to be? Is Billy Warlock coming back? Both Hope & Kayla's men are coming back but Jack is supposedly dead-dead. I also don't know how you redeem (if that's what you want) Eve for inadvertently having her daughter killed. Of course, Eve could blame JJ & Jenn for years but everyone will know it's because of Eve that set it in motion. I'll be curious how this is written and also see if they pursue a Eve & Justin relationship. Two good looking people who can sing. A perfect pair indeed.

• Love 2

I thought Missy Reeves looked really good today. All of the up do's were making her look so old. So, who is Jen's next love interest going to be? Is Billy Warlock coming back? Both Hope & Kayla's men are coming back but Jack is supposedly dead-dead. I also don't know how you redeem (if that's what you want) Eve for inadvertently having her daughter killed. Of course, Eve could blame JJ & Jenn for years but everyone will know it's because of Eve that set it in motion. I'll be curious how this is written and also see if they pursue a Eve & Justin relationship. Two good looking people who can sing. A perfect pair indeed.

I think A. Martinez will be Jen's new man and another reason to keep the Jenn/Eve rivalry alive.

• Love 3

Okay, somebody's gotta help me here.  Abigail and Ben keep going on and ON about her having a baby.  We know she's having SOMETHING, but why are they so sure it will be a baby?  She only had sex with Chad once during the window of opportunity, and even if he's the father, it still only give her a 50% chance that it will be a baby.  With her as the mother, it could just as easily follow her genetic makeup and she could be giving birth to a box of hair, or a garden gnome, or some hybrid kangaroo/human nightmare.  

And with Ben being the most likely father, well, there's no baby coming from that mating.  At best, she might push out a Chucky doll - or a squishy Toy Story secondary character, or any number of items advertized on late-night infomercials - maybe a dozen cap snafflers, or even a waffle iron for one.  Or twins, since those are usually "buy one, get one free".

So enough with the "We're having a BABY" crap and all the assorted human child  accoutremonts.  She and Ben should really be shopping for strong chains, locks, and chainlink cribs.  And probably sign up for the Omaha Steak Infant All-Meat Formula Mix.   And start considering names like Spot and Ruff, or if it's a girl, Baby Tinkles.

Poor Eric.  Finally, he found Serena looking oh-so-sexy, making his priestly juices bubble, and instead of hearing their love song play in his head, he's left humming - 

The worms crawl in and the worms crawl out.
The ones that go in are lean and thin.
The ones that come out are fat and stout.
Your eyes fall in and your teeth fall out.
Your brains come tumbling down your snout.

Love is never easy for him, is it?  Finally he's got Serena just the way he likes her and she RUINS it by starting to decompose.  The nerve of her, after all she's put him through already...... Can you imagine how long it's going to be before he finds another dead girl as in to him as Serena?

so who wants to bet he lays into Nicole the next time he sees her for not being nicer to Serena, because that's the kind of dear friend and utterly normal man he is....Marlena and Roman have so much to be proud of. 

Color me SHOCKED that the plan to use JJ as an undercover agent is turning to crap.  SHOCKED SHOCKED SHOCKED.  Poor boy, carrying his backpack and now it might all be for nothing.  But it does look like he just might get Paige back, because.....because.....why, exactly?  Does this somehow cancel out him boning her mom?  Way back in the long, long ago, Iiked Paige and loved JJ.  Not so much anymore.

Maybe when JJ is done being an undercover agent, he can get a horsie and be cowboy, or become an astronaut or a fireman or maybe a Knight!   He's so grown up.

Eve is done and KdP has been wasted.  I can only think that we just haven't heard that she's been let go yet.  If she's responsible for Paige getting killed, hell, just her settting up JJ to get hurt is pretty unrdeemable.  So unless the storyline changes a lot I can't see Eve sticking around Salem.  And frankly, I hope she doesn't.  Having Jenn and the rest of them giving her the eternal stink eye isn't something I want to see.

I agree about Jenn, she looked good today.  I do hope the new regime manages to pull Jenn out of the horrid corner she's been written into these past far-too-many years.  I loathe the character, but she, like KdP and KA are good actresses, and it's such a pleasure to watch her, and them, when they're given material worthy of their characters and their talent.  It's a criminal waste what Show has done with the women of Salem these past years.  

So Julie bustled (she really does bustle) over to Jenn's, with Maggie in tow, to offer her sympathy and to get as much info as possible.  And then tells Jenn to "call me later".  Do you think that anyone, ever, has called Julie later?  She's such a dimwitted loudmouth know-it-all, although Maggie should be grateful to her.  When Maggie is with Julie, Maggie comes off much better than she does on her own.  

Julie is the sort of relative we all have, who is really great to have as long as they're never around.  I can only imagine how many vacations they're ruined for other people, how many folks on those cruises have been driven to madness after being stranded on the high seas with those two.  

At least we had Ben calling Abigail ROYALTY today.  And PRINCESS.  And she giggles and agrees with him, all too happy to have another moron telling her she's not only AMAZING, but entitled as hell just because....why????

If Alice had lived long enough to know this particular great-granddaughter, she'd have drowned her in the bathtub.

Edited by boes
  • Love 18
And she'll get it. JJ will be permanently out of Paige's life... because Paige will be dead.

So dramatic!! ::flails arms::

*flails wildly*  I am *crying* over here, you guys!

I powered through the last 5 episodes.  It was not easy.  I derived no joy from the experience.  My hatred for JJ is so over-the-top that I actually have no problem with Eve ratting him out to Kyle.  I realize that is not exactly a morally defensible position; I blame Show for driving me to these extremes.  Well, I do have one problem with it -- the Eve I remember was a much smarter schemer.  Theresa should be smarter as well.

Theresa -- I just can't with this storyline.  And by that, I mean I can't watch it.  Why does Show hate JL?  She's so funny and talented, and did I mention drop-dead gorgeous?  Why is she not a sprightly vixen, causing trouble and fun?

I do have to give Days credit for one thing -- they've integrated technology very well.  Ipads, smart phones, even Victor texts!  I like that.  It's a nice little touch of reality.  My mom is 73, and she refuses to go on the Internet, but she will text me and sis.

• Love 4

even Victor texts

They claim Caroline texts.  I don't believe it.

Isn't A Martinez way too old for Missy Reeves? I don't see them together at all.

18 years difference, but when did that ever matter on soaps?  But then, there are 14 years difference between him and KdP.

• Love 3