Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I want Paul to tell Sonix what Will did with his interview notes. There should be another article written exposing Will for the awful, unethical journalist he is so he never can work in that capacity again. His selfish actions are really appalling. He should be reduced to begging Sonny for a job as a "glorified bartender" or whatever he called Sonny way back when.

• Love 9

Also, what year does Ben think it is?  Because in the year I live in, a woman doesn't need to trap a "daddy" into marriage and can raise a baby all by her damn self.  No man needed.  So fuck off and die, you stupid piece of plastic.  If you want to be mad at your idiot girlfriend for being a cheating jerk, do it without the misogyny.

I agree with this, however, also Not to defend Ben but this whole storyline is old fashioned and out of the early 20th century. Abby also acts like  she has to be with whomever the sperm donor of her spawn will be.  Her heart doesn't seem into this marriage and this engagement at all so why so yes to his marriage proposal unless it is to have a family unit with who she thinks is the daddy.  It is like she can't fathom the concept of co-parenting without the benefit of a marriage certificate. 

I didn't even realize that Paige hasn't been on screen for a long time until she appeared in Friday's episode. I really didn't miss her and if I never hear her say the name JJ ever again I will consider myself blessed. I FF'ed the majority of her scenes with Jen.

Stefano really did look like one of Satan's high ranking chief of staff sitting in Abby's office with his dark suit and red tie. Recruiting Abby as a succubus perhaps?

Those flowers from Daniel looked fake as hell.

• Love 6

Sonny and Will's SL is beyond ridiculous, but then so are several other SLs on Days.  I watched AMC do a great job with Bianca's coming out, only to eff up the rest of her SL so I'm not surprised the writers ruined Wilson.  It is disappointing though.

• Love 3

My small take on the Failure pregnancy is all about trying to fight her in quenchable lust. Because she had a purity ring, you know. See:  Sonny/Will/Sparkle triangle where we're supposed to buy into the sexual tension but we don't really.  She's agreeing to the marriage to distract her from the annoyance it isn't Chad's. She's said two lines in the last month about why can't I control myself. Only for the fake angst. I can't forget how she kept stalking him.  But we don't know the daddy since Kayla shredded the original test. Possibly soapy but since nobody cares about Ben and few people care about Chabby it falls flat.

I don't have a problem with blaming the actors.  Sonny's writing isn't any better than Will's but who comes off better? There are other examples.

I'm more than sick of Brady's verbal and emotional abuse.  If he wants Mela-me, he can track her down.  Their verbal/emotional confrontations are worse because it keeps happening daily. Not that physical is ever acceptable.  Thank Cheeses I never had to deal with that.

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 6

So True, Sandman, you all crack me up.  The only reason I bother with the show anymore is this board.

Melanie's return was pointless.  Theresa, with Anne's assistance, should have been the one to find Tate.

• Love 5

If CM was still playing Will, I can not imagine his performance being as similar as GW's for obvious reasons. But I am not sure how much different it would have been, would the acting have saved the crappy writing? Probably not.

• Love 1

Chloe's return was pointless.  I probably spent more time dreading the return of the Bratz doll than she was actually on the screen.  Nicky was crying, the next time I looked up they were hugging and it was over.  

• Love 1

The best actor in the world couldn't save this lousy writing, but it's nice that some of the actors/actresses give it their all, and try.  Especially since the writers can't be bothered to do their job.

I don't see the point in bringing back characters for these short SLs that are completely lame and go nowhere while characters that are on canvas get sent to the backburner, and don't play a part in their own SL.  It's dumb.

• Love 2

So True, Sandman, you all crack me up.  The only reason I bother with the show anymore is this board.

Melanie's return was pointless.  Theresa, with Anne's assistance, should have been the one to find Tate.

I really wanted this, too. Throw in Eve, who was/is in desperate need of a new direction, and I'd have been all over this story.

• Love 2

Man, but I hate retcons!  Yes, Eve's becoming a teen prostitute was beyond horrendous but Julie's referencing "all of the pimps who did her wrong' has set me off.  From what I remember, Eve only worked for Nick Corelli and it wasn't for very long, maybe six months, because by then she'd met her dad Shane and was working on building a relationship with him and Andrew and Kim.  And Eve and Nick had also started to realize they had romantic feelings for each other, so I ask where "all of these pimps" came from?

Sonny is making a mistake in keeping his anger at Will bottled up. Yes, I like that he is telling Will off but he needs to let all of that disgust come out and to stop being afraid to hurt Will's feelings because Sneasel has no problem with hurting Sonny.

And Abs is such a wonderful and supportive cousin--did you like how bored she looked when she realized Will was having a problem and that he wasn't paying attention to her?  Doesn't Will know that no other problems exist but Abby's?  DUH!!

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 5

Tomsell are the worst....They destroyed Wilson with their poison pens....What an awful end! I remember when Kim and Shane separated because too much  had happened between them to get back together, despite still loving each other.  The writers gave us a glimmer of hope for the future..I don't see any hope for Wilson, none at all..The silver lining in all of this, is that at least Paul will never have Sonny..

• Love 2

Paulsonus interruptus.  I just knew it.  Sigh.  If Sonny has to leave, I personally would have enjoyed a nice Paulson moment.  I do still love me some Sparkles.

Best storyline since Sami's departure all the way up till May. That almost kiss should have been the cliffhanger, not stupid Chad and Abigail- they've eaten up everything from the previews to the episodes for three weeks.

• Love 5

Missed the first half.  What did Stefano have to say to Abigail?

Also, I find myself almost liking Will and Abigail together, until I remember she slept with Sami's husband (fiance?) and that Will wrote the nasty article about it.   I was just starting to watch last summer when that was going down, so I didn't really know who everyone was except, of course, Sami.

• Love 2

Missed the first half.  What did Stefano have to say to Abigail?

He wants Chad to be happy and would be sad if he was the reason why Abifail chose Ben instead of his son. She assured him that he wasn't the reason why and he left. It was rather pointless. I guess just another excuse to give KM more screen time. 

• Love 5

He wants Chad to be happy and would be sad if he was the reason why Abifail chose Ben instead of his son. She assured him that he wasn't the reason why and he left. It was rather pointless. I guess just another excuse to give KM more screen time. 

It was also another moment to showcase what a great "actress" KM is.  Who among us wasn't riveted watching KM's blank face while she asked Stephano "Is that a threat?" Damn fine television :)

• Love 6

Did anyone get the feeling that Abigail's and Stephano's parts of their conversation were taped separately?  I was mostly listening rather than watching and KM sounded more stilted than usual, like she was interacting with a filing cabinet.

Paige tells Jennifer that it's dangerous for JJ to hang around Kyle, but when he calls her on her dating Kyle, she says he's lying.

Hey, Stephano, it didn't happen under your roof, it was in the garden.

Dammit, Julie and Eve's conversation got interrupted by our local station telling us there was a fire that has been put out.

I loved Jennifer's reaction to Eve being at her door.

Damn, even Abigail is calling Will out on his shit.

Will Hope come down pregnant?

We have one more Tomsell episode and that is Tomorrow...Yes!  It is too bad that they wrote Sonny's exit...

It's my understanding that Sonny's exit was re-shot.

• Love 2

Well, the argument between Will and Sonny today resembled the one of a condescending parent and a impulsive, needy, insecure child. The finger pointing, the raising his voice.. Sonny, are you a father or a husband? BUT! On the other hand, Will's insecurity has been driving him to scheme and focus on trying to get rid off what he believes (or rather, who) is the problem instead of facing their real marriage problems and working on them. He blames other people, without looking at himself and taking responsibilities for his own actions. No Will, Paul is not the problem, you are.The way Will has been written - oh my goodness. I understand his insecurity and it was justified, but at least have him put things in perspective a little more. The reason that he even feels like he has to scheme implies a lack of trust in Sonny, in their marriage.

Yeah, well... Good job writers. Why do I even try and fix bad writing in my head and figure out the deeper meaning with things that make more sense?

I still hope Paul and Sonny kiss tbh. But probably not... Wasted potential.

Edited by Ruby Red
  • Love 4

I started watching this show because of Paulson clips I came across on youtube.  The only other storyline I vaguely care about is Paige/JJ/Eve/Jennifer, and I'm not sure if that's enough of a draw for me to keep watching.  I really wish something had happened between Paul and Sonny instead of keeping the storyline stalled for months while Sneasel loses his mind.  So here's to Paulson, the only sorta-couple to ever draw me into a show.

• Love 5

Paige tells Jennifer that it's dangerous for JJ to hang around Kyle, but when he calls her on her dating Kyle, she says he's lying.

Paige is probably dating Kyle specifically because he's dangerous and enjoys the reaction it gets out of JJ. 

• Love 3

How are the new writers going to keep this going? Is Will going to end up with Paul now? 

I really want Sonny to kiss Paul and then say, "See ya never, Boo" on his way outta town.

I hated those Will/Abigail scenes. WTF?! Both of them just ... horrible. 

And how contradictory was Sonny though? "No Will, Paul and I are done! It is not a competition!", but uh oh, Sonny... What were you doing later and telling Paul, "I don't know how I feel right now.". What about all the little looks and touches of the past few months? I understand conflicting feelings, but come on.... The writers are really making WillSon look so insincere :/ Sonny bottled up so much frustration with WIll that he had to blow up eventually. As if being with him became a burden because he was waiting for a certain someone to come around.

I do think Sonny still loves Will, and he has valid reasons for being angry with him but his behaviour was.. Extreme.

Edited by Ruby Red
  • Love 3

So the Dimera men just like hanging out in Abby's darkened office? That's the last place she would be.

I'm still annoyed that "I want to make it on my own" Sonny is leaving to take a job offered by Victor. That goes completely against everything he has done since he showed up in Salem. Granted I would find any excuse to get away from Will as well, but come on!

• Love 4

I started watching this show because of Paulson clips I came across on youtube.  The only other storyline I vaguely care about is Paige/JJ/Eve/Jennifer, and I'm not sure if that's enough of a draw for me to keep watching.  I really wish something had happened between Paul and Sonny instead of keeping the storyline stalled for months while Sneasel loses his mind.  So here's to Paulson, the only sorta-couple to ever draw me into a show.

Agreed. I've been watching this show forever but this was my favorite storyline in a long, long time.  Boo.

• Love 1

Abby and Chad have angst but memories of that stupid storyline with EJ are always flooding back when they're crying to each other. She was so obsessed with EJ in a weird way I just can't buy that she really loves either Chad or Ben that much. It doesn't make sense to me either that Chad would want her this badly so the only way I can rationalize his desire for her is that he didn't actually see what a wacko she was over the pleasure EJ gave her or the weird bass faces she was making while she was doing it with him.

They never should have written the EJabby affair if Chad was going to be written as her lost great love. I realize other couples have gone through trials that  have  probably made other viewers question why they're each other's great loves or alternatively had viewers willing to overlook those bad storylines to want to see that particular couple find some togetherness with each other, but I don't think the acting is good enough in this instance from Abigail for me to forget the bass face!

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

Poor BF/Chad got stuck in the SL JS/EJ didn't want.  Now Ken Corday's desperate attempts to sell his pairing over the couple he didn't like, is just making things worse.  The constant slams against Sami still trying to make her out to be the bad guy is beyond dumb.

Speaking of beyond dumb, I give you the Sonny/Will/Paul SL.  I know none of you want that as a gift either.  These guys should be begging Brady and Eric to stand next to them so they don't look quite as stupid as they are.

• Love 5

I for one loved Sonny finally letting Will have it. Sonny has been a doormat to Will's stupid, misguided shenanigans for too long. How many times was he supposed to give Will the benefit of the doubt? Will obviously neither believes anything Sonny has to say, nor trusts him one bit. They're trying to act like Will was right the whole time to be worried, but all I see is a stupid man actively pushing away his husband. Sonny has been pretty much nothing but understanding, and instead of counting his blessings and thanking his lucky stars he still has a husband, Will has continued to scheme.

I also was skeeved out that Will said that he was giving Derek advice about a "friend." Why not call it what it was - "well, I scored with Paul so I was giving Derek advice on how to do the same." Too bad Sonny didn't fling that in his face, but perhaps that was one of the things he felt he'd regret saying. I wouldn't have regretted it!

I felt that it was out of character for Jenn to let Eve into her house, check or no check. Jenn's been creepy and overbearing in the JJ/Eve SL, but she isn't usually straight up dumb.

Edited by micat
  • Love 4

Show is on a sort of roll with me.  I liked two or three episodes last week, and I liked most of today's as well.  By like, I mean that I didn't drift off to the computer to play spider solitaire while it was on and actually paid attention to most of it.  And I even sort of enjoyed the parts I didn't like.  With the obvious and eternal exceptions of anything Abigail and Sneasel, of course.

How not to like Sonny looking at Will during his lame ass lying attempt to sell his Sparkle story, and saying "ARE YOU INSANE"?  And Sneasel, as always, giving him his anus pucker smile along with those ernest declarations of love and It's all your fault anyway.  That's our Will, always ready and willing to divert blame to anyone else.  But Sonny laid into him, no mercy, reminding him that this all started because he forgot how his zipper worked.  

The other great line of the day belongs to the always annoying and eternally idiotic Julie, when she was accosting - I mean, insulting, - I mean, talking to Eve in the Square.  When she said to Eve, when Eve was protesting against getting involved in the clinic nonsense, and Julie says, "I DON'T NEED TO THINK"  why, NO Julie, I guess you don't.  Not that we've ever seen thinking as a priority - or even a choice with her or her singing hand puppet Doug.

I agree with the poster who noticed Jenn's look when she saw it was Eve at the door.  It's those little moments we get from the accomplished actors that make Show even more enjoyable.

Okay, Paige is a little nuts, a whole lot on the vengence warpath, but JJ has no business being annoyed with her and telling her off.  HE SLEPT WITH HER MOTHER.  A LOT.  She's got the right to drag him face first through the city sewers until she gets tired, no time limit.  He just needs to stay out of her or be silent and take it.  I'm tired of Paige on the warpath, but I get it.  The sort of thing she just went through with her mom and JJ would make anyone nuts, and not just for a week or two.  While I don't miss either her or JJ these days, when they are on, JJ needs to accept he's a low down dirty dog.

I admire the Dimera men for being wise enough to realize that Abigail is best tolerated in dim light, much like the monsters in The Strain.  very wise of them to not gaze upon her garden gnome self in full light unless they want to go completely insane from the sight.  Hell, just look at what it did to Ben, not that he had far to go.

So Sneasel is perched on a seat at the Pub, nibbling his hamster food and discreetly dropping his pellets when dear Cousin Abigail decides to join him.  Then Abigail - who butted in - gets mad because Sneasel dares to say something she doesnt' like, dares to point out that she can't keep her story straight from day to day, and SHE blows up, starts her eternal waterworks and storms off because she' didnt' get support??  I'm no Sneasel fan, but he should have bitten her with his little rat teeth.  

I'm hoping she has her baby the REALLY old-fashioned way, and it claws her way out of her stomach.  That'll give her something to whine about.

BTW, Eve should get with the program and bag Kyle pronto.  The kid may be a sleaze, but he's a sexy sleaze.  And Lord knows Salem is not exactly overflowing with sexy these days.

Also - I'm calling Aiden as a Special Agent, with the FBI or DEA or Homeland Security, not a bad guy at all, but a good guy with a deep cover.

• Love 9

Abby and Chad have angst but memories of that stupid storyline with EJ are always flooding back when they're crying to each other. She was so obsessed with EJ in a weird way I just can't buy that she really loves either Chad or Ben that much. It doesn't make sense to me either that Chad would want her this badly so the only way I can rationalize his desire for her is that he didn't actually see what a wacko she was over the pleasure EJ gave her or the weird bass faces she was making while she was doing it with him.

They never should have written the EJabby affair if Chad was going to be written as her lost great love. I realize other couples have gone through trials that  have  probably made other viewers question why they're each other's great loves or alternatively had viewers willing to overlook those bad storylines to want to see that particular couple find some togetherness with each other, but I don't think the acting is good enough in this instance from Abigail for me to forget the bass face!

I wish it were public knowledge that Abifail had a pregnancy scare with EJ and begged to be his mistress. IIRC didn't she also sorta kinda manipulate him / threaten him into having sex with her at least once? I'm not sure because KM's terrible 'acting' makes it next to impossible to ever know what's going through Abifail's head, which probably isn't much anyway. If Chad knew how desperate IT was to slobber all over EJ's peen maybe he would find some self respect and tell her to die in a fire. 

• Love 5

Oh, good. I'm not the only one attracted to sleazy Kyle. *whew* 

I'd love it if Aiden was an SA w/FBI/DEA, etc... that would actually make some sense. SO...you know it's not happening.

• Love 3

I do not dislike Paul, but does anyone think that his behaviour was borderline emotionally manipulative/gaslighting? For months he tells Sonny he loves him, how he believes they belong together and it is fate, he can't let him go etc. etc. Paul sees how Sonny and Will are having problems, but he still tries and defend Will and that makes no sense. But he just watches, and one day he tells Sonny, "Nah, never mind. Even if you were single, I would not want to have a relationship with you.". About two months later when Sonny calls for him, he claims he has been lying to himself and Sonny about pretending as if he had moved on. He wanted Sonny to be happy with Will. Wait, you want the man that you claim to love to be with his cheating husband? You think he is happy? Paul never tried to deny his feelings for Sonny.

This is one inconsistent mess that makes it look like emotional manipulation, and it is just selfish. No wonder Sonny is confused about his feelings, Will is a fool and even Paul has given him mixed messages. He even tried to imply that he understood why Will cheated, because maybe "he settled down too soon.". It makes sense, but it does not make sense that it came from Paul's mouth. Of course Sonny was uncomfortable with what Paul; was saying in that scene from about two months ago, because how do you respond to that? What was Paul's intention, why did he even want the man that he is in love with to see the point of view of his husband who cheated on him with Paul?

Nothing about this mess was done right.

Edited by Ruby Red
  • Love 3

I have never bought into the argument that Will settled down too soon and that caused him to cheat..I think Will is very spoiled and entiltled..It was pure selfishness that caused him to cheat, not lack of sexual experience...I always assumed he and Sonny were always getting it in and Sonny is a very good lover...Will is just  impulsive and never thinks about the consequences of his actions..That is why I laugh, when they compare him to Sami..Sami was very methodical in her scheming, and very deadly, it  always had a purpose..Paul is a retcon in my opinion and not a good one..Sonny was sure of his choice  when he wanted to be with Will flaws and all..

Sonny in some ways allowed Paul to have alot of influence over him and his marriage..If Sonny truly wanted to work on his marriage, he would have told Paul to fuck off and die...Sonny checked out of his marriage as soon as he found out about Will's affair with Paul..He was in alot  of pain and Will did not help his cause by focusing on Paul and his prior relationship with Sonny, instead of repairing his marriage with Sonny...If Will had never cheated, Sonny would never have given Paul the time of day..Will going to LA hurt Sonny alot and his disillusionment began with that move to LA with Arianna..Sonny felt abandoned, scared and  alone. Will took Sonny for granted just like he takes everybody in his life for granted.  I also think Wilson was always going to be endgame, and Paul was going to be an obstacle for them to overcome...Tomsell just ruined it with their horrible writing....Most of their stories start off good and ends bad...For example: Sami's exit storyline.. Kate and Sami teaming up to vanquish a common enemy was perfection, but they ruined it by defanging Sami to make Abigail a heroine...

I hope the new writers fix Will...In no way do I want Will to be a cartoonish good guy and he should be a somewhat shady person who doesn't always make good choices, but he shouldn't be his mother. Will was always smarter and more together than his mother, that was part of his character. He should act out on his own with motivations that fit his character, and yes, let him win sometimes. Will was always more like Lucas than Sami...This business of Will being just like Sami, is pure laziness on the part of the writers..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

Another one who's glad that Sonny told Will off. Sonny has proven his love for Will time and time again, but not only is it never good enough for Will, he fucks things up even more, figuratively and literally.  If Will truly cared about his marriage, he wouldn't have cheated on Sonny once, much less twice nor he wouldn't have tried to lie, scheme and blackmail to get Paul out of their lives. If Will truly loved, believed in, trusted or respected Sonny, he wouldn't have done any of the underhanded things he's done to try to keep him. Sonny may have made his share of mistakes where their marriage was concerned, but Will has made much more and much worse.

Sonny tried his best to make things work with Will, but Will was the one who failed, not Sonny. If Will hadn't been such a lying, cheating piece of shit in the first place, Sonny probably wouldn't have even considered giving Paul another chance, let alone gotten within kissing distance of him again. Paulson have sent mixed signals to each other plenty of times, but when it comes to manipulative bullshit, neither one of them holds a candle to Will, as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 5

Abigail could not have cared less about EJ.  She was all about his gigantic package.

• Love 1

So Sonny's exit is basically, "To be continued...eventually...possible with a different actor"? 

What a mess.

ETA...at least they gave him that moment with Ari.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6

Ugh, I do not care about Will and his crocodile tears. Boo.

Sonny's exit is random as hell and I can not imagine this is in character for him.

Yeah show, good on you for wasting 9 months of potential with Sonny/Paul, they saw each other and kissed. A backstory with a lot of potential, a lot of ways they could have written a love triangle better. But 9 months later and absolutely nothing happened. What a waste this all was.

• Love 6

I got to tell you, I enjoyed Sonny's abrupt exit simply because I remember how smiling, happy and carefree Will was when he left for LA with Sami to become a bigtime writer.  He didn't give a crap that Sonny was sad, all he wanted was to become famous.  Well guess what bitch, now you can be alone and miserable because you treated Sonny horribly.  I will miss FS and his wonderfully engaging acting, soulful brown eyes and awesome hair--I hope to see him on another TV show :)

There's an expression, "sorry doesn't get the biscuit buttered" and I used to think that was the most nasty and mean thing you could say--a person is giving you a heart-felt apology and your response is "sorry doesn't get the biscuit buttered"?  Well, I think this applies to Will tenfold.  He has been giving half-assed apologies all over town, especially to Sonny and they don't mean a thing because Will has no intention of changing.  Guess what Sneasel, you reap what you sow.

I can't even with Chad and his "It's like a knife through my heart."  Seriously?  You're getting this bent out of shape over a woman who has happily cheated in two relationships?  

• Love 12