Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Another Chad fan here : ) Those sad blue eyes have been plinking my heart strings the past few days. 

I'm thinking the writing for Ben is a little different this week, yes? He would never have said those things about Abigail in the past. I hope he goes way dark -- and then leaves the canvas entirely, along with Clyde. 

Jenn and JJ -- of COURSE Abigail is not happy, you can see it all over her face. Now's the time to do some meddling, Jennifer. 

• Love 1

Has Abby been on my tv for the past 7'days nonstop? The worst part was she had the same awful hair & wardrobe for those 7 days. Is she dating the head writer? I don't know what I'll do if she's on again today looking hot same.mthay said, Katie Mansi plays angst really well. The poor girl about died when she had to tell Jenn she was engaged & pregnant at the same time.

• Love 2

Even raccoon Jen doesn't deserve to get stuck with Abifail as a daughter. And you just know that she'll be the one taking care of the demon spawn because Abistank will be too busy cheating and having sex in supply closets. Assuming that the spawn somehow manages to survive for nine months in that hostile alien womb.

She treats everyone in her life like shit, she doesn't go to work, is rude and violent as hell, disregards honesty & loyalty, a total airhead, has no respect for family values at all. Of course she'll be a bad mom. The only thing that she'll like about this child is using the poor mother and child spiel to manipulate a man or get her praise from champions.

count me as another Chad fan I think he's very cute and has a unique look. However I'm not here to listen to him moon over Failure 4 hrs a week.

Speaking of. Shit I know she has even dominating the show a loooooong time. But it's just constant Abigail past month. And all redundant annoying scenes. They aren't going to be happy until its just a loop of Abby scenes. That sounds like the tv channel in Hell.

But I don't need a glimpse of Hell yet. So far I've been a good girl. So please can they tone this down?!

• Love 4
And can Dr. Tan take a flying leap?    And I really really hate that they have saddled Nicole with him.

Seriously.  Why was he even at the hospital yesterday?  His presence was completely unnecessary.  Must John Aniston share every second or third of his limited scenes with SC? 

The only two stories I can think of that don't include Dr. Tan or Abigail are Lucas and Adrienne's affair and Kate and Justin's business story, and both of those get next to no airplay at all.

• Love 2

Today was kind of awesome in that Abs wasn't on my screen--WOO HOO!!  And we got to see Sonny, Will and Theresa in a scene and they were all cordial, even friendly.  Theresa needs more of a support system then Eve or Anne and I think Will would be an interesting pick.  Plus I liked seeing two of my favorite actors--JL and FS-- share a scene.

I did like seeing Brady and Maggie have a moment where they admit their anger at Theresa but they also admit that they are worried for her because she seems so lost.  I could get used to a more compassionate Mags and Brady.

Kate looks like she's getting fed up with Clyde's high-handedness.  About damn time she kicked him to the curb.

Paul is so freakin' full of himself and Derrick and Will are just feeding into his entitlement by talking about him constantly.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 3

New writers or not, it speaks volumes (all of them filed under 'B' for 'Bad') about the 50th anniversary that the most common comment lately seems to be "I hope my FF button can hold out under the strain."

• Love 3

New writers or not, it speaks volumes (all of them filed under 'B' for 'Bad') about the 50th anniversary that the most common comment lately seems to be "I hope my FF button can hold out under the strain."

How true, how true.  I mean seriously, why does Paul think that his dream of having a catch with his dad is so unique?  Isn't that every kid's dream, particularly one who plays baseball?  If this is the writers way of showing how much Paul needs a fatherly influence, they need a refresher course on fatherhood.  A man can teach his son a heck of a lot more then just how to throw a curve ball.  He can also show him how to be a man with integrity--something Paul desperately needs.

I also hope the writers change the direction of the Abby/Chad/Ben fiasco--if it's going to be featured this heavily, they need to change the storyline so that Abby actually gets called out on her crappy actions and Chad comes off less like a doormat and if Ben's going dark, I want it dark, like he needs to be supermean to Abigail and yell at her a bunch and not just his trying to beat up Chad.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 2

I also hope the writers change the direction of the Abby/Chad/Ben fiasco--if it's going to be featured this heavily, they need to change the storyline so that Abby actually gets called out on her crappy actions and Chad comes off less like a doormat and if Ben's going dark, I want it dark, like he needs to be supermean to Abigail and yell at her a bunch and not just his trying to beat up Chad.

Amen, amen, amen. I want Ben to be awful and full of vengeance -- towards Abigail. 

• Love 1

I  think Ben will serve her good deal of vengeance...I think Ben will go very dark, Tomsell did a good job of telegraphing that when he changed his name and took Clyde's last name....It will be ironic that he will do that because he was her staunchest defender against the Big mean Sami....lol Sami did warn him about her.....Some things in life you have to experience it, in order to understand...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

Seriously Will, did he really believe that Paul's feelings for Sonny would go *poof* after two dates with Derrick? My goodness, Will,  that man has been in love with your husband for years while they dated and when they were not, it's not something that will go away in just a few days. It is silly, Will should focus more on his marriage rather thanw orrying about keeping Paul away from Sonny. Like Sonny can not make his own decisions...

Yeah, it is weird how Sonny wants them all to be friends, why would he be comfortable with that? 

• Love 2

I  have a feeling that when Sonny comes back to Salem, he wont be too happy with Paul being around, especially if Paul has taken his place in the Wilson household, especially with Ari..She called Sonny daddy today....awwwwwww! She truly loves her daddy Sonny..

Rumor has it he was on recurring status with the show..Kumbaya Sonny is temporary in my opinion, if Will and Paul hook up  and become a couple in his absence, that could push Sonny over the edge....

I think that's a rumor you started. ;)

It would not be surprising if Paul and Will hooked up... Even if makes no sense! Heck, it makes zero sense that Will and Paul who are both in love with Sonny, would just let him leave town without any answers. Without pushing him on why he is leaving, trying to get him to stay. Will does not want to lose Sonny. If Sonny actually gave in to his feelings for Paul, I can not imagine that Paul would let Sonny go so easily, not again, he'd go after him.

Why do I even try to make sense of soaps... I know better.

Edited by Ruby Red

I just want Freddie  on the show....lol

It would not be surprising if Paul and Will hooked up... Even if makes no sense! Heck, it makes zero sense that Will and Paul who are both in love with Sonny, would just let him leave town without any answers. Without pushing him on why he is leaving, trying to get him to stay. Will does not want to lose Sonny. If Sonny actually gave in to his feelings for Paul, I can not imagine that Paul would let Sonny go so easily, not again, he'd go after him.

Why do I even try to make sense of soaps... I know better.

He is going to pull a Kelly Taylor on them..I choose me..lol

• Love 3

I just want Freddie  on the show....lol

He is going to pull a Kelly Taylor on them..I choose me..lol

lol he totally will. It just seems OOC to me that Will and Paul would accept that so easily.

True..They have been hounding him and only thinking of themselves..Will should have focused on Sonny instead of Paul and Paul should have backed off and let Sonny come to him on his own....When Sonny tells them that he is leaving, Will will whine and Paul will scream that  they are meant to be....lol..Will usually gives in to Sonny, Paul is the one that might be a problem, especially if Paulson have sex before he leaves...

Edited by Apprentice79

I wonder if Kate Mansi's boyfriend is one of those writers who were let go.

That would be the most wonderful thing imaginable!  Abby wouldn't constantly and undeservedly be called beautiful and breath-taking and amazing all the time.  Please let this happen :)

Seriously Will, did he really believe that Paul's feelings for Sonny would go *poof* after two dates with Derrick? My goodness, Will,  that man has been in love with your husband for years while they dated and when they were not, it's not something that will go away in just a few days. It is silly, Will should focus more on his marriage rather thanw orrying about keeping Paul away from Sonny. Like Sonny can not make his own decisions...

Yeah, it is weird how Sonny wants them all to be friends, why would he be comfortable with that? 

It is strange that the show is trying to convince us that Sonny would be cool with Paul and Will hanging out together and now adding Derrick to the mix makes everything even more bizarre.

• Love 4

Maybe they will do a retcon and have Sonny confess to Paul he still has feelings for him, but Paul rejects him and gets frustrated about why Sonny is saying this now when Paul is finally over him What if Paul now suddenly has feelings for Will. I mean, when Paul told Sonny that he and Derrick are not serious, before that he did ask if WIll was there, like he wanted him to know too. And "He's not...". maybe he did not want to repeat himself because he said it to Sonny months ago and he knew what answer he would get, but what if he stopped himself because he was not going to say to Sonny, "He's not Will.". I am quite confident that was meant to be another, "He's not you." directly to Sonny, but... Paul also smiled at Will when he came in, but that was meant to be a awkward smile I guess.

Edited by Ruby Red
  • Love 1

One would think that Will would be more concerned with Sonny's feelings about his husband than Sparkle's feelings for Derek, or Sonny, or, well, anyone, really.

(I haven't the faintest interest in Mr. Sparkle's extra-special spangled feelings for anyone at all. It doesn't show, does it?)

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 3

(I haven't the faintest interest in Mr. Sparkle's extra-special spangled feelings for anyone at all? It doesn't show, does it?)

Well, Sandman, I'd never guess.  No indeedy not.  Okay, maybe just a little.  

Your interest level sort of mirrors mine in that regard.

• Love 3

I dunno, I think if my great-grandmother had just had a stroke, I wouldn't be charging into her hospital room yelling.

Is Brady having second thoughts about Theresa now?  Jeez. Gee, Brady, what made you change your mind?  Uh, the new writers?  I love how Brady invites people to come live in Victor's house without asking Victor.

Interesting dynamic between Kate and Marlena.  When did Kate suddenly come to the realization that Clyde is dangerous?

• Love 7

Sparkle is so DEEP, isn't he?  He had a dream.  Oh yes, a dream.  A dream that one fine day he'd throw a ball in Golden Gate Park with his daddy.  Our Sparkle, beloved by all, an inspiration to millions, a shining example of teeth whitening and manscaping AT ITS BEST - and THIS is his dream???  What, is the guy,  5???

And then Derrick - who brain isn't lit by the brightest bulb in the socket, either, by the way - PROMISES to keep this and other sundry personal stuff private, nobody will ever find out - Why, exactly?  Who the HELL WOULD CARE??????

And once again, Sparkle proves that his opinion of himself is vastly larger than the facts warrant.  Frankly, he and Sneasel are made for each other.  They're like two peabrains in a pod.  Sonny needs to run like hell until he finds a guy - or two - or twenty - whose brains aren't smaller than Jughead from the Archie comics.  

And that touching moment between him and his father, Gassy McBeeno, where he asks if can stop calling him Jawn and start calling him Dad.  Yeah, I know it was supposed to touching, but it would have been more appropriate if he'd asked Jawn if he could start calling him Mr. Ed.  Cuz he is a HUGE talking horse's ass.

Jawn should really be one of Abigail's biggest fans.  As long as she's in town, he won't take the prize as the biggest doofus loose in Salem.

Okay, Theresa has done a lot of stupid shit, she's lied and schemed and not been the nicest person in town.  But for Brady - BRADY, of all people, to speak down to her the way he does is just ridiculous.  The guy has never done a decent days work in his life, he's been handed every single thing he has, and after dropping everything, they all get handed to him AGAIN - he's drugged and drank and messed over his nearest and dearest, and that's not when he's going around throwing punches or threatening to beat up random women, THIS is the guy to teach her a life lesson??  

Dumb is one thing.  And besides, in Salem, dumb is the norm for most men.   But to be both dumb and arrogant - and then for Show to tell us this guy is a catch, well, the only thing that's a catch about Brady is whatever the hell the STD clinic is probably tracking him for. Theresa, no matter her faults, is no idiot and she so very much needs a new guy in her life - not this sullen blockhead.

And how nice, Maggie's oh-so-slight improvement in the first part of the week is over and she's back to being a smiley faced, poison-tongued witch.   

Why, again, does Theresa want to live in this house of horrors and boneheads?

What a pleasure Kate and Marlena's friendship is, isn't it?  Those two are the most unlikely of allies and friends but somehow it works.  It's a relief, too, to see Kate in scenes other than the ones she shares with Creepy Clyde.  We're supposed to think this guy is some sort of a thug mastermind, but if he's so smart, then how come he didn't do his homework and learn that pissing off Kate is often VERY bad news.   The new team seems to be cutting her loose from him, and the sooner the better.

Will is just a dud and a turd and an all around jackass.  I can barely stand to look at him and his pursed butt mouth.  Poor Caroline shouldn't have had to have him in her face while she's trying to get better.  I think Show would do best if Will was just written off for a while and bring the character back after our stomachs have settled, played by a new actor.  It's not Guy Wilson's fault, I know it's the writing, but the character is just completely repellent to me these days.

I'm wondering now if Aiden's secret is going to be more about him being in the DEA or something, and not about him being a bad guy.  His attitude about Clyde certainly doesn't make him seem evil.  Maybe Show is changing that direction?  Well, I can hope.

Edited by boes
  • Love 6

I can see why Sonny would say, "I chose me."  Look at his other choices, Will is no longer Will he is Sneasel, and Sparkle is Sparkle.

When Sami returns to Salem, Kate needs to be in the process of kicking Clyde to the curb.  Clyde tries to kill Kate, Sami threatens to shoot Clyde, Clyde asks Sami why he should be afraid of her, Sami says, "Because I'm Samantha Gene Brady, the best shot in Salem," and Kate adds, "The love of my life."  Then Sami kills Clyde.

At this point, I would actually settle for Theresa and Nicole saying to hell with Brady, Daniel, and Eric, and being less pathetic.  I would prefer bad girls who kick ass, but they no longer exist on this show.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 8

This is what Kate's get for bringing the rascal to Salem.  So jealous of Rafe and Jordan she could not live.

Jordan tried to warn Kate about Clyde but Kate did not listen to her anymore than Ben listened to Sami about abifail.

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 2

Those twins who play Arianna are so cute & you can tell they just love Freddie (but then who wouldn't love Freddie)

And it still peeves me that Theresa is falling all over herself for Brady - girl he's not worth it - go find Chad & hang out with him. - we'll all be happier if you do that.

Kate's an idiot for staying with Clyde.

It's amazing that Hope hasn't figured out that Rafe has feelings for her - everyone else can see it - why can't she?

• Love 5

This entire storyline is ridiculous. I've been rewatching the origin story and the way the writers effed it all up just makes me sick to my stomach. 

I will be interested to see how they justify Sonny leaving...b/c short of death, I'm not sure he'd leave Ari. He's just as invested in being her daddy as Will is. I might make an argument that he's MORE invested in it since it was really his ultimate dream to be married and have a family. 

November is a long way away. 

• Love 2

I don't want Aiden to be a bad guy.The whole story line resolution felt rushed, but I liked that he didn't kill his wife. I like him and Hope together, and I say that as what seems to be one of the last Bo fans standing. If DC *must* leave the show, I'd rather he go out as a relatively nice guy. I think Clyde's going to kill him or have him killed. I don't like it, but I'd actually prefer a dead Aiden to them pulling an "he was evil all along!" stunt. And I like Hope, I don't want her looking like a retroactive fool.

• Love 7

I respect that but Hope's crossed the line into annoying in time for Bo.  Not looking forward to it.  They finally played the Rafe card in time for him to get slapped down by Bo.  Well, I guess I like that he loves older women.  My neighbor tried to date me years ago, we had 2 great dates, but when he did the math in front of me and I was 5 yrs older it was done. At least they kept Pet Rafe around without doing much of the Jesus Dan treatment except when he was with Sami of the plaid shirt.

Sonny went into the great unknown and delivered that child and I will always love him for it. 

I think Aidme could make a great serial killer.  Nobody suspects him and I think Casper is in the freezer.

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 3

I'm not content at this point to hold Guy Wilson blameless for the trainwreckery of Won't. The majority of the blame must fall on the writers, but Wilson's limitations as an actor must, I feel certain, have driven at least some of the changes to the character. He can't do romantic scenes, because his stilted delivery and stiffness makes Will seem like an emotional blank, or at least walled up. And he's not accomplished enough to make that walled-up emotional life part of the subtext of the scene. It seems there's always an undercurrent of a whine in Wilson's voice, which lends an air of insecurity or something negative to everything Won't says. I think the idea that it's "easier" to play a nasty or dark character is a trope that didn't serve this performer or storyline particularly well, but trying to give Wilson another love interest in hopes of finding some chemistry somewhere led to all the later dismantling of Will's relationships (and of his nature, fundamentally).

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 8

Then they should have recasted...I think it was lazy writing to make Will the bad guy in his own pairing..It made no sense...Paul should have been an antagonistic interloper trying to break up Wilson...He should have been what Emma and Victor were to Kim and Shane.  The character of Will needs to be rested for a while..They made him too unlikable. I don't think Guy Wilson is as bad as some of you guys, I do think making him drive story in the Wilson pairing was a mistake..Freddie should  have been the lead and he should have been the supporting..Sonny has been on the show for 4 years and he is still mysterious to me..Sonny should have been more than Will's handholder and caretaker...He should have been pulled inadvertently into the Kiriakis dynasty leading to the return of his brothers....It could have lead to some angst for Wilson, especially is Arianna was put in danger...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

If Will gets written out that means Sparkle would almost certainly get written out too. Unless the writers bring on a new gay guy and are stupid enough to expect people to care about a newbie character being paired up with another newbie character. 

• Love 2

I'm not so sure they'll write out Paul if Sonny and/or Will go. He's legacy now since he's John Black's son. He has a legit reason to stay in Salem. They can bring on a love interest for him in a few months time after they have him be a part of some major storyline so we're more invested in him... or...bring back one of the two WilSon recasts (if that's what's happening at some point). 

I agree that to some degree it's Guy's portrayal. Mostly it's writing (80%, imo) but his stiffness certainly contributes. Making him the bad guy was definitely the wrong way to go. 

• Love 4

But tbh, who would really care for Paul having a new love interest? He is not really a legacy character even if he became connected to one. He was introduced about 9 months ago? Will on the other hand, he was born on screen and is the child of one of the soap's past super couples. And he is more so than Sonny even because there was no word about that character for a very long time. From what I read Sonny was only mentioned when he was born off screen and afterwards he never appeared until he was re-introduced as an young adult four years ago. Well "re-introduced", more like introduced because there was not even a baby version of Sonny on screen!

Maybe they will recast both Will and Sonny?

Edited by Ruby Red
  • Love 3

They're kinda in a tough spot.  I don't think it'd be wise to completely sweep the canvas of its gay characters.  But I also think it'd be a mistake to recast Will and especially Sonny too fast.  You could do something with Paul, but the character kinda needs a reset too.

• Love 3

Well, both sides of a pairing have been recasted before I think. Heh, well some characters have been recasted like 5 times on various soaps, so they could do with Will as well, only usually there was a period of a few years between the character's exit and return when the recast took place. They should not write out all of the gay characters, I hope not. But they have been bad at handling WilSon's relationship in general anyway, it started out okay, you could relate to it but in my opinion I found them boring together.

I would like for there to be a lesbian character or bisexual characters. Soaps usually focus on boy/boy romance, what about girl/girl romances? Since they are casting a few teen characters, they have a shot...

They could do things with Paui probably, sure. I just can imagine he will be put in a backburner if/when Will and Sonny are both gone.

Edited by Ruby Red
  • Love 2

Just want to reiterate what so many have said here re. Theresa - STOP planning your life around Brady or any other guy and be your awesome self (take note, writers). She should be using her family to help her be independent and smart and confident and ignore the guys; make them BEG her to look at them, to be with them, to want them. I'm tired of watching her and Nicole and Eve (to that extent) fall all over the guys and be pooped on constantly and beg for acceptance and love. Be Kate in the confidence and "I don't give a shit about these guys" department. I would also love to see some 21st century stories for the women (besides Jenn who's going to stand up to the Salem Donald Trump).

So after today does this mean that Xander and Serena are still around? Could we get each of them some clothes that fit? Xander needs a shirt and Serena needs dresses that are at least one size larger.

And kudos to Kate for finally getting a clue about Clyde. Although this story is traveling at the speed of light, and I'm sure the body count in Salem will soon rise because of it, I'm ready for Clyde to be gone. He really is Stephano light.

PS - sign me up as another member of the "I like Chad" club. However, I'm rejoicing in our second consecutive day of no weepy/whiny Abby.

Edited by Originalroux
  • Love 5

I think I am in the minority here but I am a big fan of Sparkle Paul. Not in this storyline of course, but if they could figure out other things for him to do that would be great IMO. He is really easy on the eyes, and I think he's one of the better actors on the show. He can carry his scenes, express emotions, and he is charismatic. More please.

Also count me in on the relief that Kate is finally starting to see  through Clyde. Hopefully.

• Love 13

Well, both sides of a pairing have been recasted before I think. Heh, well some characters have been recasted like 5 times on various soaps, so they could do with Will as well, only usually there was a period of a few years between the character's exit and return when the recast took place.

Oh definitely.  Neither role is unrecastable, but recasting both roles in a couple at the same time is tough business.  And I think the audience will have a tough time with anyone new as Sonny for the time being, especially given the response to Guy Wilson stepping in as Will.

• Love 1