Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Victor and Stefano are so lame.  They both need to retire.  Niether of them can hire competent hitmen.

Justin finally said something that makes sense.  I wonder if the writers will go there with Justin and Kate.

• Love 4

Kate: I guess I was mistaken

Hope: And that never happens, does it?

Love Victor calling Stephano "Sunshine".

Will:"I didn't come here to start something."  Of course you did. And you brought Sonny to that spot just to let him see Paul with Derrick.

Too bad Abigail calling Ben "Chad" was only a dream.

Woah, helllllllooo, Zoe!

"I'm not Abigail, I'm a grownup."  Haha!

• Love 5
(edited)

Victor and Stefano are so lame.  They both need to retire.  Niether of them can hire competent hitmen.

Justin finally said something that makes sense.  I wonder if the writers will go there with Justin and Kate.

I hope not, I am tired of Kate being the one that the men use to get over somebody..I know that she was one of Stefano's hoes, but no, please no....It is  bad enough that she is with that Pedophile..I hope Sonny discovers what Clyde did to him and his threats to his baby girl and blows him away..I am tired of Saintly Sonny....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

I hope not, I am tired of Kate being the one that the men use to get over somebody

I think they might.  They like having Lucas and Kate in these kinds of situations, and they are running out of people to pair characters up with.  It's why they've got Rafe around Hope while she is with Aiden and Bo is headed back to Salem.  This is what happens when the writers don't leave any couple together for more than a few months.  Eventually everyone has had sex with everyone else, is related to everyone else, or both.  It's one of the reasons Soaps USED to bring in new people who were not related to anyone, write them properly, and keep them on canvas.  Days has either cycled all their characters together already, written them out, trashed them, or driven the actor/actress off the show.  The newbie characters they bring on they don't develop, and then they write them out, or worse they force feed them to the fans and then no one wants a character they like stuck with them.

• Love 1

Poor Zoe doesn't realize Ken Corday will stack the deck against her, and she will lose to Slappy the Troll.  It's the same reason Theresa and Chad don't share scenes.  There is no way Ken Corday is going to let one of his pets lose.

• Love 3

How dumb is Will? The most likely outcome of his setup is that Sonny will feel jealous that Paul is with Derrick and realize that means he still loves Paul.

I guess we know for sure that Abigail isn't into Ben since if she was, she would have asked him to shower with her. We all know what she likes to do in showers.

• Love 5
(edited)

At least Zoe isn't a lying, nasty, filthy, grotesque animal.

And she's making it clear what she wants, unlike Abigail, who says she wants one thing, but acts like she wants another.

Edited by Donny Ketchum
  • Love 4

Poor Zoe doesn't realize Ken Corday will stack the deck against her, and she will lose to Slappy the Troll.  It's the same reason Theresa and Chad don't share scenes.  There is no way Ken Corday is going to let one of his pets lose.

You are correct and it makes the Abby propping even more ridiculous when we can see how gorgeous and together Zoe is and that's she's just as smart and ruthless as Chad but she still has a warmth and charm that Abby does not but we're supposed to believe that Chad would prefer Abs.  Allrighty then :)

• Love 7
(edited)

Sneasel really outsneaseled himself today, didn't he?  First he shows up at Sparkle's place and proceeds to snark and pout and try on his bitch face.  Then, in true boneless Sneasel fashion, he starts channeling Bob Cratchit and in Sneasel speak, says the variant of "Please, Kind Sir, I'm but a 'umble servant with a tiny child, please don't throw us out in the snow, please don't take our Sunshine away".  What a creep.   Way to go, pulling out the Ari card.  He might want to remember that Aris is HIS responsibility, not Sparkles, and not the guy he fucked around with in L.A.  Anything that gets messed up is on HIM, not them.

But our little Sneasel wasn't done.  He then showed up at Club TBD with his main prop, Ari, and guilts Sonny into going to that lameass picnic - and THEN chooses a spot where Sonny will be sure to see Sparkle and Derrick.

Sneasel might not be thinking too clearly.  Instead of Sonny being put off by seeing Sparkle with another guy, seeing Sparkle and the other guy just might remind Sonny even more of how unappetizing it is for him to be spending his life with a lying little snake of a sneasel.  

Today didn't put me in the Sparkle camp, but he was sure as hell better than Sneasel in EVERY way.  

My new favorite couple of the moment is Stephono and Victor.  When Stephono asked what was up with Victor and Clyde, and Victor responded with, "Maggie and I go square dancing with him and Kate every Tuesday.  He's the Barishnikov of the two-step", the Victor I love is IN THE HOUSE.  

I may like Chad, but the guy has absoutely NO taste, if Abigail looks better to him than Zoe.  KM should have a clause in her contract barring her from sharing scenes with Zoe.  Those are NOT to her advantage.  Zoe looked fantastic and Abigail looked like a cross-dressing Keebler Elf.  

And Ben might want to either start upping his body fat quotient, or keeping his shirt on.  Ripped is one thing - resembling the anatomy class skeleton is another.  

Kate's scenes with Justin today just drove home how ridiculous it is for Show to expect us to buy that Kate is fooled by Clyde.  She called Justin out on his jerkworthiness and made him stand down without batting one of her lovely eyelashes.  Trying to get us to think that Kate is blind to Clyde's clodhopper ways is too much.  

I guess Show didn't think they'd made Clyde abhorrent enough?  Is that why they had be a homophobic asshole to Sonny, and then threaten to kill him?   We get it, Show, Clyde be bad.  So kill him already.

Rafe is definitely more tolerable to me with Hope, but I'd still rather see her with Aiden.  Aiden is an actual grown-up who doesn't turn sullen whenever his makeup runs the way Rafe does.  I wish Show would find Rafe his own storyline and not have him horning in on Hope and Aiden.  

So Show ended with Abigail overhearing Zoe tell Chad she knows he only brought her along to make Abigail jealous.  Oh, great.....I guess tomorrow we'll see her lording it over Chad with her gruesome goodies while Zoe languishes, ignored.  Because only in Salem would the men prefer a boloney sandwich over fine dining.  What a crock.  

Edited by boes
  • Love 10

Let me know when Abigail turns up pregnant and can't figure out who the father is. 

Didn't you mean WHAT the father is, not WHO the father is?

• Love 2

She didn't feel like breakfast this morning.  Dun Dun DUNNNN. 

boes your post was a thing of beauty.  We may be the only ones who enjoyed Vic and Stefano together.  It was so strange I thought it was a split screen.  They're working together, at least something good comes out of this.  Creepy's comment to Sonny made me ill, and he wouldn't back down." There's still man and woman marriage you know, not just your kind."  Then the way he tried to smarm out of it without meaning a word and Sonny knew it.  And finished it off with a whispered threat. 

Rafe sure wears a lot of makeup, I wonder if his skin is bad. He does come to life with Hope though doesn't he? Put me on the lists of dreading Bo's return immensely.

The only thing I disagree with you on is Zoe will not be ignored on the beach.  It was hysterical how that scene was recorded with tall, tall Zoe in the front and little Abby troll in the backround, mouth hanging open yet again.  She has nothing and that felt great.  Aside from the looks, she's still in her college phase. 

• Love 3

boes your post was a thing of beauty.  We may be the only ones who enjoyed Vic and Stefano together.  It was so strange I thought it was a split screen.  They're working together, at least something good comes out of this.  Creepy's comment to Sonny made me ill, and he wouldn't back down." There's still man and woman marriage you know, not just your kind."  Then the way he tried to smarm out of it without meaning a word and Sonny knew it.  And finished it off with a whispered threat. 

I wasn't watching back when Victor raped Kimberley, and his recent treatment of her and Theresa makes me ill.  I also think Stefano is disgusting.  They are no better than that hick Clyde.  But before I knew about Victor's background I was kind of sucked in to cheering him on.  I am done with that.  I hate Clyde, and I equally hate Vic/Stefano.  It would be nice if these three old white men obliterated each other.  

• Love 3

I guess Show didn't think they'd made Clyde abhorrent enough?  Is that why they had be a homophobic asshole to Sonny, and then threaten to kill him?   We get it, Show, Clyde be bad.  So kill him already.

It's concerning that Show didn't think that the revelation that Clyde raped his teenage stepdaughter was sufficiently awful. I was done with him at that minute, and I know I wasn't alone. I will always be fond of James Read because of "North and South," and he's a good actor, but seriously, why is Clyde still here? Victor would've had him killed as soon as the attack on Sonny happened. This is like the stupid Nick storyline all over again, where he rampaged around town for far longer than Kate, Sami and EJ would ever have tolerated...and even then it ended up being frigging Gabi who did the deed. Gabi? Really? I know they needed a way to write CB off the show, but really, Gabi beat everyone else to the kill?

• Love 6

She's so transparent she only mentioned Theo to Zoe as a way of saying that Theo is a Chad/Jar Jar worshipper and glad Zoe was like whatever about the whole Theo explanation.

That's exactly it.  The only thing that could shock me as much as Clyde's slur is Jar Jar way overstepping every boundry telling Zoe about a child's private medical condition.  Theo isn't related to her and it made me so mad I could spit.  Then she tried to cover it up by saying maybe I should have let you say that Chad. and I hope I saw him glare at her for a second. 

I can understand Ben not wanting to spend the day with Chad but what else was he going to do, sit home alone while Jar Jar was at the beach?  Why would he say you only invited me so you wouldn't be alone with Chad.  Did he WANT her to be alone with Chad?  The writing makes no sense at all.

This is trivial but It annoyed me she couldn't be bothered to throw a couple of sandwiches or some weenies and a few cans of soda in a cooler. No, she had to order it from a restaurant and put it on credit.  I hope they get salmonella from that leaky basket.

I don't believe for a second helicopter Jen Jen is ok with Jar Jar moving out ever.  At least we'll see less of her.  Looks like Creepy's gift certificate was worth a stupid vase and some throw pillows. 

• Love 5

^Good question because Derrick and Sparkles were going to play tennis, why were they just getting out of the water and drying themselves off. Writers make no sense. I thought that Sonny & Sneasel would be sitting close to a tennis court, not the water.

What exactly did Clyde say when Sonny replied about "his kind". It was interrupted in Philly due the stock market.

" There's still man and woman marriage you know, not just your kind." Basically that he doesn't agree with gays being married.

Thanks, ShadowSixx.

I also thought Will was going to bring Sonny court side. Either, the lake was a random sighting or Days can't afford a tennis court. LOL!!!!

According to my dvr descriptions, this happens next week. Bleck.

Ugh dammit Chad. If you're going to have sex with unidentified creatures at least wear a condom. Doesn't he know it almost got knocked up by his brother?

• Love 5

Ugh dammit Chad. If you're going to have sex with unidentified creatures at least wear a condom. Doesn't he know it almost got knocked up by his brother?

Thank you for your recaps, ShadowSixx.  I rely on them when I forget to DVR the show, and enjoy reading them even when I've watched.

-----

The new writers' work will be showing up soon, won't it?  One of their first acts needs to be unshackling Kate from that child abusing, knuckledragging yokel.  Her interest in this man is inconceivable.

• Love 6

I think they can only afford that one little strip of pretend "beach," so no more than 4 people can be on it at one time.  A tennis court or actual picnic table is out of the question.

WTF with Clyde going all homophobe on Sonny? Some of these things with Sonny I wonder if they were quickly taped and pieced into various episodes when FS decided to leave.

Victor calling Stephano "Sunshine" made my day.

I kind of like Hope and Rafe together...

• Love 5

Dang. Is Abigail philosophically opposed to birth control? Has she ever tried going to see a doctor to ask about taking any? Was she afraid to ask Dr. Dan?

• Love 3

Dang. Is Abigail philosophically opposed to birth control? Has she ever tried going to see a doctor to ask about taking any? Was she afraid to ask Dr. Dan?

Maybe Abifail wants to get pregnant. It seems to love being in the center of drama and what's more dramatic than getting knocked up and not knowing who the father is. Even better if it gets knocked up by a Dimeria man. The question is why are the men who sleep with it stupid enough to have unprotected sex with it. 

• Love 8

The question is why are the men who sleep with it stupid enough to have unprotected sex with it.

That is a really good question. Especially Ben, who damn well knew she'd been with another guy only recently! I mean, shouldn't he be worried that Chad gave her something (and I don't mean a baby!).

I guess, being the type of woman who is obsessive about birth control, I find it very hard to relate to any character who isn't. I mean, sex with multiple partners with no protection...have they never heard of HIV???  But I know, I am not supposed to apply real-world logic to any of this.

• Love 2
(edited)

Abigail needs to become a more rootable character before she has a baby....Days used to be good at giving children to characters that needed to have that lifetime connection, like Jack and Jennifer, Kim and Shane..e.t.c...Abigail and Theresa both having children with Chad and Brady limits their characters....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

I'm sure there a lot of people like Clyde with that view. They aren't really portrayed on soaps by an actor with a contract though. Usually, it's a day player in the beginning involving a gay storyline. The soaps usually have the whole town embracing it and then it's never really discussed again. That said, I was shocked how disgusting Clyde was. I wanted Sonny to clobber him. It looks like Victor & Stefano are taking care of that for him. LOL!!!!

• Love 1
(edited)

Sonny has that quiet menacing air about him, I would not underestimate him if I was Clyde..I think he assumes that because Sonny is Gay, he must be wimpy or soft...That is not the case..It be cool if sonny were to take him out before the geriatric duo...lol Clyde is more menacing than Victor and Stefano...The show should have groom the younger generation to take over for them. EJ and Xander were perfect to continue their respective family legacies. I find it laughable that the show wants us to believe that Victor and Stefano were still a force to be reckon with. Just like the show wants me to believe that Chad would prefer Abigail over Zoe....Did you guys see Zoe in her bikini...Wow!

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

I think they can only afford that one little strip of pretend "beach," so no more than 4 people can be on it at one time.  A tennis court or actual picnic table is out of the question.

WTF with Clyde going all homophobe on Sonny? Some of these things with Sonny I wonder if they were quickly taped and pieced into various episodes when FS decided to leave.

Victor calling Stephano "Sunshine" made my day.

I kind of like Hope and Rafe together...

When I turn on Days and see a Hope and Rafe scene, I immediately turn the channel or turn off the TV. I don't care who else is on that day.  The sight of them together makes me want to puke.

(edited)

I  think Tomsell was going to pair them up as a couple and turn Aiden evil..I sensed a shift in the writing for Haiden a few weeks ago and the writers did such a bad job with Aiden's backstory. I would not be surprised if Higley and Griffith are going to use that to facilitate his exit off the show...Obviously they are not going to make Hope and Rafe a couple, now that Bo is coming back...I think Aiden killed his wife and lied about Chase being the murderer...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

there is a lot Chad does not know about Jar Jar.  He just thinks EJ manipulated Jar Jar and that was the only reason she did the nasty with EJ.  Her having sex with EJ is all Chad knows.

I  think Tomsell was going to pair them up as a couple and turn Aiden evil..I sensed a shift in the writing for Haiden a few weeks ago and the writers did such a bad job with Aiden's backstory. I would not be surprised if Higley and Griffith are going to use that to facilitate his exit off the show...Obviously they are not going to make Hope and Rafe a couple, now that Bo is coming back...I think Aiden killed his wife and lied about Chase being the murderer...

Chase did it, but in order to make Aiden into a monster it will end with Aiden doing it.

• Love 1

That's even worse. I only watch Hope/Aiden scenes now. I've pretty much quit watching all the other stories. I'll quit watching completely when the new writers stuff begins.  Feel kind of sad since I grew up watching Days. But I hate everything the new writers have planned.

I was just speculating about Aiden..Higley and Company have not said what they will do with Haiden..I just get a certain feeling about the writing, plus, it makes sense with the way that Kristian had been pimping Haiden a few weeks ago on tweeter..It seemed a bit much even for her...

(edited)
I guess, being the type of woman who is obsessive about birth control, I find it very hard to relate to any character who isn't. I mean, sex with multiple partners with no protection...have they never heard of HIV???  But I know, I am not supposed to apply real-world logic to any of this.

It's really stupid of the writers to ignore things like this.  Stefano routinely uses call girls, which are a high risk group.  EJ is a sleazy slut who can't keep his pants zipped, and NEVER uses protection.  Sami never would have let EJ anywhere near her again.  All these guys lining up to have sex with Slappy and never using protection is dumb dumb dumb.  Apparently, Ben, EJ, Chad, and Stefano don't comprehend they've had sex with each other because they share partners, and it's made even worse because they NEVER use protection.  In the year 2015, that is beyond irresponsible and gross.

It could be Will that is the interloper since Paul is John's son.  Will seems to be written as an interloper.

Yes, he has been.  The interloper is the person the writers and Ken Corday don't favor.  They tried to make Sami the interloper and bad guy when it came to the pathetic side piece, and it did not work.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 4