Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Are they going to be bringing Jamie Lyn Bauer back on the show?  That would be great.

I wouldn't mind having the character of Laura Horton back on the scene.

But if DOOL really wants to blow away everyone with the 50th, they should talk Susan Flannery into returning to the role.

Not only would that get major soap headlines, it also might lure some B+B folks to sample DOOL.

No insider scoop -- but I just have this feeling.....

• Love 5
(edited)

I really liked the work TOB did in her scene with JJ, when Paige pretended to be her old self - only you could tell there was something a little off, self-mocking about it. Well, "you" being inclusive of everyone but JJ, that is, since that dumbass didn't catch on until she busted out the line about it being gross to sleep with someone that much older. TOB seems to be having a lot of fun and I don't blame her. As for JJ - yeah, Theresa is a terrible human being to basically everyone but her grandmother and her sister, but I haven't forgotten what a smug, condescending douchebag he was just a couple of weeks ago, so I felt like he deserved Theresa's schadenfreude. Especially when he started in on what a skank Eve is - JJ, if she's a skank for sleeping with you, you're a skank for sleeping with her. Same goes to Chad with his slut comment to Abifail, and god knows I loathe Abifail, but again, it goes both ways, dude.

Speaking of Chad, I just couldn't with him, Abifail or Stefano today. First of all, Chad, you were the one who was dumb enough to become the sidepiece's sidepiece. You fucked her without insisting that she break up with Ben first (and then was all smug with Ben about it), and now you're going to have a temper tantrum over it? Please. And Abifail, when Chad said he didn't love you, you should've said that's great, no hurt feelings then and taken that as your cue to exit - but oh, that really hurts your ego, so of course you have to start trying to make Chad confess he loves you even though you're staying with Ben. Please. And Stefano apparently overhears everything and is still Abifail's biggest cheerleader, because WHY? Please! Kill him off if this is what they're going to be making Stefano do.

And I usually love BF's acting, but that whole weak in the knees stagger complete with fall to the ground was just laughable. Although in fairness I'm not sure who could've saved that nonsense. And again, I have zero sympathy for Chad because he had a good thing going with Jordan and then he ruined it with a temper tantrum. I'm sensing a pattern here. What was it the other poster said about him, "forever the dramatic asshole"? Yup, that's about right.

I don't love all Eve's whining about how everything is Jen's fault, but at least her plan to get vengeance on Jen via Laura keeps her out of the kiddie pool storyline-wise. Please let it stay that way. But less whining and more venging, please.

Edited by Black Knight
  • Love 8

Speaking of Chad, I just couldn't with him, Abifail or Stefano today. First of all, Chad, you were the one who was dumb enough to become the sidepiece's sidepiece. You fucked her without insisting that she break up with Ben first (and then was all smug with Ben about it), and now you're going to have a temper tantrum over it?

I don't think he's having a temper tantrum, he's doing it to "protect" Abigail from his father.

• Love 2

Spot on post Black Knight ​Chad was just so stupid and I called him the dramatic asshole. That whole fall to the knees bit was just a bit too damn much. He's so damn out of breath over talking down to Jar Jar that it took so much breath and energy out of him. Why people in Salem settle for being side pieces I'll never understand. Lucas has no problem being the sidepiece, Jar Jar loves being one, Chad is next in line. 

Then we have Jar Jar running to Ben and using him. She only went to him and said that everything is good now because Chad reamed her ass out. If Chad was being honest and saying the sex was great and didn't bruise her ego she wouldn't have ran to Ben and been all lovey dovey with him. She's treating Ben like her Plan B which is just not right. She's getting me to feel sorry for Ben, thanks a lot Jar Jar, I never expected to feel sorry for him. 

• Love 5

Spot on post Black Knight ​Chad was just so stupid and I called him the dramatic asshole. That whole fall to the knees bit was just a bit too damn much. He's so damn out of breath over talking down to Jar Jar that it took so much breath and energy out of him. Why people in Salem settle for being side pieces I'll never understand. Lucas has no problem being the sidepiece, Jar Jar loves being one, Chad is next in line. 

Then we have Jar Jar running to Ben and using him. She only went to him and said that everything is good now because Chad reamed her ass out. If Chad was being honest and saying the sex was great and didn't bruise her ego she wouldn't have ran to Ben and been all lovey dovey with him. She's treating Ben like her Plan B which is just not right. She's getting me to feel sorry for Ben, thanks a lot Jar Jar, I never expected to feel sorry for him. 

Writers will make sure U won't feel sorry for Ben long.  They imo will make him so evil u will feel so sorry for the side piece.  Or so they will hope.

• Love 2

Yeah, but it was sort of a throwaway line.  "Yeah, yeah, I love you.  Seeya, bye."

They made a big deal out of holding the camera on Chad's reaction to hearing Abifail tell Ben that she loves him - the moment of him overhearing it ended their part of the episode yesterday and was replayed today. He took it seriously. I really didn't get the impression from BF's acting that this is about Chad pushing Abifail away because of Stefano. He realized that she wasn't going to dump Ben for him and decided to save his pride.

Really, why would he need to push her away to protect her? She already wasn't going to leave Ben for him; she was there to tell him their night was a mistake. He knew that from hearing her on the phone. All he had to do was just amicably go along with that. I still think it's a temper tantrum. It's in character for him.

• Love 1

Writers will make sure U won't feel sorry for Ben long.  They imo will make him so evil u will feel so sorry for the side piece.  Or so they will hope.

B.S. I will never ever feel sorry for side piece ever. If Ben decides to beat Chad's ass like he did last time, I'll root him on. If he decides to choke Jar Jar and pop her eyeballs out all at the same time, I'll give him the key to the city. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Damn.   It's too late to comment on the whole episode, but crap, whatever the hell Chad picked up from sexing up Abigail must be one nasty bug.  It actually drove him to his knees.  Looks like that Hoo Haw of hers should be declared a disaster zone.

And pudding-for-brains Brady just can't help but defaulting to bully mode, can he?  Theresa drove Mel back to YURR OPE and he's got nobody for lovin' but some Maggie on the side, so I guess he thinks he's fooled Theresa into giving up her leverage.

This numbnuts never learns, he just never learns.  He might have big biceps, and the old ladies and children he usually beats up might be scared, but Theresa can stumble-bum him in a matter of seconds.  Turd for Brains doesn't stand a chance.

Edited by boes
  • Love 2

I felt for Chad when he pushed Abigail away. That look on his face as she turned to leave spoke volumes, and yeah, the "fall to the knee" thing was a little over the top but I believed it. He's protecting Abigail. But I have no idea why Stephano is so bent on the pairing. 

True O'Brien is rocking it. Did I hear somewhere that she and Casey Moss are dating in real life? 

• Love 5

In Salem:

Brady is an idiot and a bully - check

Everyone blames someone else for what they did - check

The writers are still desperately trying to make certain characters relevant and failing - check

Everyone cheats - check

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Stefano has officially become even more of a pathetic cartoon joke than he already was.

• Love 3

Eve has no friends, no romantic prospects, and the only family that sometimes likes her are Theresa and Eric. Preying on Jen's fears of having a mental illness in an attempt to drive her insane is probably not the way to go if the writers want more people to like Eve. The same goes for Theresa. There are very few people in Salem who are willing to tolerate her bullshit so it's not wise to have her immediately use her new found baby as her ticket into Brady's wallet and bed. These people need to be integrated into the canvas but the writers keep having them to do stuff that will keep them on the sidelines.

• Love 4

Between the 2 evils, Chad's trying to protect Abi from Stefano by leaving her with Ben and by extension Clyde makes no sense. Clyde and even Victor has done more evil and bad things lately than Stefano. It's Clyde people should be protecting others from.

• Love 4

This really didn't seem like a Friday show.  There was no dundunDUN moment.

I THINK the "dundunDUN" was supposed to be Chad's collapse to his knees while admitting he loves Grabbigail. Not much of shocker, except how dumb the writers insist on making Even Stupider Chad.

I keep forgetting that Eve and Eric are related.

Between the 2 evils, Chad's trying to protect Abi from Stefano by leaving her with Ben and by extension Clyde makes no sense. Clyde and even Victor has done more evil and bad things lately than Stefano. It's Clyde people should be protecting others from.

Amen, Artsda. Clyde's fall has to be coming this summer, right? The only thing I'll not look forward to is Kate's humiliation. It's not been her year, lol. 

I'm rather enjoying pissed off Paige. 

Could they hurry up with the Sparkle/Sonny/Sneasel storyline? At this point they're going to do nothing but have the same conversation all summer until FS is gone.

• Love 4

But as of now no one knows that Clyde is a child abusing pedophile that had EJ murdered or that he had Sonny stabbed because of Victor.

Eve and Eric aren't related,  only Theresa and Eric. Theresa's a Brady, Eve's not.

Eve and Eric are related through marriage since Kim is Eve's step mother.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm rather enjoying pissed off Paige. 

Could they hurry up with the Sparkle/Sonny/Sneasel storyline? At this point they're going to do nothing but have the same conversation all summer until FS is gone.

Lilly6,I think Will and Paul are going to get together...All three actors have hinted at Will and Paul becoming a couple...I hate it....I don't care about Will or Paul if Sonny is not involved..They should use Sonny's absence to build Will and Sparkle individually...It is obvious that Will and Paul are going to get together and then Sonny comes back in the form of Freddie Smith or  a recast to break them up...

They should bring other love interests for Will and Paul, while keeping them as rivals...These writers lack imagination....I hope that Higley fixes this, because Paul and Will becoming a couple is unseemly and disgusting....It cheapens Wilson and Paulson....They should have had Sonny and Paul get together, while Will watches from the sidelines. It would have been his punishment for hurting Sonny and taking him for granted...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

I don't think he's having a temper tantrum, he's doing it to "protect" Abigail from his father.

Chad better be protecting himself from abifail.  She cheat on Ben she will cheat on Chad.

Since Stefano want them together he push her away.  So I take it if Stefano was against them he would have humped her yet again.

• Love 1

I don't see Eve necessarily blaming Jen for the affair with JJ. It seems to me that neither JJ nor Eve can even explain that or excuse it... but I think what Eve blames Jen for is the blackmail to keep Eve out of JJ/Paige getting back together even knowing what he had been doing with her. Eve's desperation to keep them apart (and, again, I can't really blame her for that) led to the shit with Cole and all that but, ultimately, Jen deciding that JJ should have Paige no matter what resulted in a bigger mess than what it was from the start.

I'm not saying Eve is completely in the right but I think I do get why she's blaming JJ and Jen. It was pretty fucking gross of the two of them to team up in order to blackmail Eve so that JJ could have her virginal daughter in order to make him feel good about himself. That's just... really, really fucked up. However, that doesn't clear Eve of screwing JJ in the first place... or continue to do it... And I also can see Eve's rage at the fact that Jen enabled the worst of this bullshit and still has what matters most to her while Eve, who also made a huge, damaging mistake, has lost the person who matters to her the most.

I guess Paige will hate Eve until something happens that almost kills her mother or something... possibly something Paige sets up herself out of revenge. Who knows? Again, I'm more interested in a mother/daughter reunion than I am in a lame ass high school romance that bled over into college and seemed to do nothing but make both parties pretty miserable. What started out as something kind of sweet never got its feet under it to make it something worth investing in, to me, and has actually resulted in convincing me that this relationship is absolutely horrible. JJ puts Paige up on a pedestal and convinces himself that she's his only reason for living which puts way too much pressure on her... it's not good. It's not good at all. I can't root for it.

All I can root for is for Eve to get out of this mess and remain among adults... pay for her transgressions (she's doing it now even though she's deep in the denial and refusing to take responsibility - ideally, she'll fully accept what she did and not push Paige anymore which leads to something that puts her life in danger or whatever and blah blah blah... TomSell don't believe in redemption arcs, obviously, maybe the next crew does. Not that I'm holding my breath.)

Also, with everyone under the sun telling JJ to move on and leave Paige alone, that pretty much tells me he will refuse to do so and be rewarded for it. Not looking forward to that at all.

Other stuff? I really don't care about the Brady - Theresa stuff. I like Chad but I am not understanding what Stefano's obsession is with Chad getting Abigail so that puts a major damper there. There's a lot of meh stuff going on.

• Love 6

I thought she said she talked with SU and qualified to live on campus with Daphne.  I assume it was a paid internship.  Not that Eve would have a problem paying for her.  She tried to call and get financial aid for Stanford at the last minute too so she could get out and Always Ratty didn't let her.  I'm just glad she moved out of Eve's ratty apartment and away from ratty Eve.

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm not saying Eve is completely in the right but I think I do get why she's blaming JJ and Jen. It was pretty fucking gross of the two of them to team up in order to blackmail Eve so that JJ could have her virginal daughter in order to make him feel good about himself. That's just... really, really fucked up.

I don't get it at all. Eve's being completely irrational, and not taking responsibility for what she did to betray her daughter. That strikes me as at least as fucked up as whatever pathetic self-exculpatory pretzel twists JJ was tying himself into.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 1

I think being mad at Jenn is an appropriate reaction for almost anybody,always.  She's an officious, judgemental unpleasant ass of a person.  What saves her is that her daughter is even worse.

Eve is wrong to blame her is if she's a primary cause in this mess, though.  That's on her first, on JJ second.  But the only thing I won't like about Eve going after her is that it's inevitable that any troubles Jenn has will only make the suckups of Salems praise her even more.  It won't happen any other way.  

So even though Eve is wrong about this, I'm going to enjoy whatever the hell she does to Jenn.  The payback may not for the right thing, but there's a lot of slapping, butting in, unsolicited opinions and judgements, snarky talk, unfair assumptions and refusal of responsibility to be worked off.  Jenn's little eyes will scrunch up, the tears will come, and then she'll get that mad look on her face, and say under her breath, "NEWMAN".  Oops!  Wrong show!

Oh well, maybe she can fall in love with George Costanza and die from licking her wedding invitation envelopes.

As for Sparkle, he should start wearing a FitBit and see just how many miles a day he logs from walking around the Square while Sneasel and Sonny keep "bumping" into him.  Guy was fit before, but by now he must triathalon-ready with all that walking.  

Poor Lucas.  It looks like it will be back to his blow-up doll before much longer.  I'm not sure if that's a bad or a good thing......Adrienne, on the other hand, can't lose no matter what guy she ends up with.

There was a time when I thought Hope and Rafe might have been an item.  They've got an easy rapport and he's much less of a sullen dickhead with her.  But I like her with Aiden much more than I want her with Rafe.  Aiden is an actual grown-up, and maybe the only man in Salem who qualifies as such.  I hope Show doesn't mess that up.

• Love 4

With Bo coming back, though, there's no doubt in my mind that they will.

You're right, of course.  I wonder if he'll be staying, though.  Maybe if he's happy with storyline and writing this time.

Traitorous as it might be, I'd rather see Hope with Aiden.  IMO Bo is played out, at least with Hope.

• Love 4
(edited)

This really didn't seem like a Friday show.  There was no dundunDUN moment.

To be fair, the indicated laziness and ennui is a wonderful example of continuity over the past few months.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 1

I want Hope to be happy and treated well, which so far Aidan is doing. I'd be fine if when Bo comes back they have a scene or two with Ciara and then hug and shake hands and be done with it. Bo and Hope were my jam back in the day, but she deserves better and I hope that Show does not throw Aidan under the bus.

• Love 5

If I were super invested in Patch/Kayla or Bo/Hope I'd be extremely pissed at how the writers treated them. Even if Bo and Patch couldn't come back to Salem I don't believe they'd ever abandon their wives for years and keep them in the dark about what's going on. Though, if Justin is working with them I understand why he would keep Sonny's mother in the dark. Her loud, annoying, hateful ass would ruin everything.

• Love 6

I don't get it at all. Eve's vein completely irrational, and not taking responsibility for what she did to betray her daughter. That strikes me as at least as fucked up as whatever pathetic self-exculpatory pretzel twists JJ was tying himself into.

No no, I'm not saying that Eve wasn't wrong. Her having an affair with JJ is all kinds of fucked up. I just think I get where the 'it's all Jennifer and JJ's fault' is coming from... which is not the affair itself because it seems that neither one can explain or excuse it. It's Jennifer's blackmail that kept Eve from interfering in JJ getting back with Paige. Eve's focusing on that being the reason she lost Paige - which is true but not the WHOLE truth because Eve wouldn't have lost her at all if she hadn't slept with JJ in the first place.

What I see happening is that Eve can't justify or excuse or make up for what she did. She admits she made a mistake but there just doesn't seem to be anything to be done about that so she's doing what troubled soap characters do and that's focus on what she feels she CAN do something about. At any rate, the point I was making was that I think I see what Eve's motivation is at the moment. It's not about the actual affair... it's about Jen's involvement afterwards that she's decided is the source of all of her problems. It's pretty typical... she's not right about it but I get where she's coming from. And it's pretty much a given that she's going to suffer hard for this, too, so it's not as if she's going to get out of anything with this "plan" she's working on.

I just hope it's entertaining.

• Love 1
(edited)

Jenn's little eyes will scrunch up, the tears will come, and then she'll get that mad look on her face, and say under her breath, "NEWMAN". Oops! Wrong show!

Are we sure about that? This show is becoming a show about nothing, certainly.

If I thought Eve's idiotic revenge plan had any chance of being entertaining, I might feel differently; this whole thing started because of Eve's plan to "prove" what a bad guy JJ is. I'm sure the current brainstorm will have equally stellar (and dreary) results. I see what you're saying, Dande; I just can't get over the idea that by the time Jenn and her pursed-up mouth of judgment interfered, the damage to Eve's relationship with Paige was already irreparable. Eve is doing what every second damn idiot in this town does, which is to ignore her own responsibility for her choices. There should be a support group. Peckerheads Anonymous, or something.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 5
(edited)

I hate the fact that Tomsell has destroyed every relationship and characters on the show to serve their nonsensical plots. I don't believe for a second that Bo and Steve would abandon their wives. Will, Lucas, and Sami  would be the cheating type. Eve would sleep with her daughter's boyfriend. Kim and Shane's only daughter Jeannie a.k.a Theresa would be a money-hungry sociopath. Justin would be cold and distant with Adrienne. Adrienne would become a judgmental harpy.  Kate would be in love with a pedophile, given her history with Curtis and Billie.  Victor would allow Clyde to best him after attacking Sonny..All of the characters on the show need a reset...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

There should be a support group. Peckerheads Anonymous, or something.

Peckerheads Anonymous sounds PERFECT for Salem!  Maybe they can host a Fox Hunt and meet back at the old Peckerwood Estate.  Nah, Auntie Mame would take one look at this group and let these suckers STARVE to death.

I do think that our dear Maggie would be a very sought after sponsor at Peckerheads Anonymous.  She practically invented the concept, and she sure as hell birthed the King of the Peckerheads.

• Love 2

Peckerheads Anonymous

LMAO!!!

The show is boring, but you all are hilarious.

I'm trying to figure out what could be done to salvage these characters.  At this point, I would be happy with a Bobby Ewing dream season that erased several years of the show like they never happened.

• Love 3

You're right, of course.  I wonder if he'll be staying, though.  Maybe if he's happy with storyline and writing this time.

Traitorous as it might be, I'd rather see Hope with Aiden.  IMO Bo is played out, at least with Hope.

Peter signed a contract, so I imagine he'll be around for quite a while.

I think Bo and Hope grew stale years ago.  What else can be written for them as a couple?  They've done every storyline imaginable already.  Who's the daddy (twice), back from the dead, held captive by Stefano, kidnapping, adultery, multiple weddings, long lost child with ex-lover, dead child, near fatal illness, psychic visions, amnesia, addiction to pills, prison,  That's just off the top of my head. There are many others.  At least with Hope and Aiden its something fresh.  There's still so much about Aiden's past we don't know that could generate lots of stories.  Pairing Hope with Aiden has really revitalized her character.  Bo's had other love interests  so it wouldn't be difficult to pair him with someone else. Let there be a triangle for a little while then let Bo and Hope go their separate ways.

Peter signed a contract but we don't know for how long. A contract can be for different amounts of time.  The actress who played Melanie signed a six month contract her last return. An Australian actor just signed a 13 week contract.  PR could be back longterm or short term, we don't know.

• Love 4

I don't think Days can do anything with these characters. All of them are doing the same thing over and over and back to back. Writers are not giving the characters a chance to breathe and do something else without reverting them back to their old habits.

Also doesn't help the fact that these characters have the same damn conversation over and over until you're blue in the face. That's what happens when writers keep their characters all contained within the same bubble and not interact with someone else to possibly change up the dialogue. Which IMO is why you have the day players to switch up the convo so they're not saying the same thing to the same character over and over. If T was still around maybe they could have switched up Sneasel's dialogue when talking about his marital woes but then again he would tell T that he can't lose Sonny and basically repeat himself because he repeats the same shit to Mar and Kate. He would probably tell Caroline & Lucas the same thing too. 

They also had a real chance with Theresa to not have her scheme so much and see how much it gets you in trouble seeing as how Miss Rapey schemed and she fell out of a window. They could have had Theresa reflect on how her schemes could affect Tate and be on the straight and narrow for a few before going back to her scheming ways. Theresa is like a mini-Kate, scheming and whatnot but Kate is just slightly more subtle with her schemes and Theresa is just too in your face with it. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Ah today's episode, such a treat!   How lovely was it to watch Victor and Maggie affirming to each other how awesome the other one was, all while condemning Theresa for being a horrible mother.  You know what would be even more awesome?  Actually waiting for Theresa to be a bad mother because right now all I'm seeing is that Theresa is massively insecure and truly worried about taking care of her son.

And how great was Brady's dismissing all of Theresa's preparations?  Like she's had loads of time to get all of the baby things she'll need and good for her for throwing it back in Brady's face that he has a staff to help him while she's alone.  What a complete jackass.

I did love Daniel's confused face when Eric refused to indulge in gossip about Serena--the entitled jerkface was stunned that Eric didn't do as commanded.

Was Nicole's accent more Irish then Scottish?  Sounded like that to me.

Best part?  No Abs :)

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 9

I had a good laugh at the law firm of "Connery, Moore and Dalton." Someone is a serious Bond fan. ;)

The accents used by Nicole and the woman on the phone were both all over the place. I was just glad that Nicole didn't try to specify where hers was from, instead saying that her mother was American so she'd spent a lot of time there. When she got off the phone with her line, "Wee barns? What movie did that come from?" I laughed again. I love when TPTB let us see Funny Nicole.

• Love 4

. When she got off the phone with her line, "Wee barns? What movie did that come from?" I laughed again. I love when TPTB let us see Funny Nicole.

I remember "wee bairns" from the old Disney classic, Lady and the Tramp :):)

• Love 5

6/15/2015 Recap :)

Theresa/Brady

We start off with these two and Brady says they're done and it's over and Theresa says there's still custody and Brady says he's going to be reasonable with Tate. Theresa wants to know what he's talking about and Theresa wants a new beginning in regards to being parents. A nurse walks in to get coffee and Brady says Theresa can come to the house and see the nursery and Theresa says Brady can come back to her house which Brady agrees and they leave.

Brady enters and says that's all she ordered and Brady says Theresa isn't prepared. Theresa says she has to do it all alone and doesn't have a staff to order around. She says Tate doesn't even have his own room. Brady asks what she wants and Theresa talks about moving into Vic's house. Theresa says she can put up with it for Tate's sake which Brady says is never going to happen. Theresa doesn't understand and Brady says Vic isn't going to put up with it. Theresa says that Vic and Maggie would suck it up. Brady mentions the fireplace poker and to not use Tate to get what she wants. Brady says parents share custody that don't live together and Brady tells her to get a bigger house and that he can get nannies and a staff which Theresa is offended that it's all about money. Brady says it's always money with Theresa and Theresa says she has a job and can get help from Kim and Shane. Brady says fine and that the only way they're gonna communicate about Tate is via e-mail unless it's an emergency. 

Brady says they can work out when to see Tate and Brady wants everything arranged in advance. Theresa sees it as Brady wanting to see as little as her as possible which Brady says that's how it's going to go. Theresa says they're not trying to get along is not gonna be good for Tate. Brady says he's doing it for Theresa which Theresa wonders why. Brady says it's not a good idea for Tate to see him think so little of Theresa. Theresa says they can make it work and Brady says no cause he's standing in front of her and tense and he wants to strangle her. Brady says he's doing what's best but Theresa says it's about Mel leaving which Brady confirms.

Theresa knew Brady would blame her, Theresa says she didn't tell Mel to go away. Brady says he doesn't want Tate to know that the sight of Theresa disgusts him. Brady goes to spend time with Tate and doesn't want Theresa showing up at the hospital until he's done and leaves.

Maggie/Victor/Dan

Maggie says it wasn't best to have a dinner party with Mel leaving and Vic had a right to cancel. Vic flashes back to his last conversation with Xander. Maggie snaps him out of it and Vic says there's going to be no dinner for Xander and he's not setting foot in the house again. Maggie doesn't understand and Vic says he's no good and wore out his welcome. Maggie knows Vic isn't telling her everything but not going to pry instead turns the conversation over about Tate. Vic doesn't like that Theresa has a Kiriakis baby. Maggie asks what kind of mother Theresa is going to be which Vic says a mother from hell that will suck all the money out of Brady. They also discuss how Vic needs to let Brady be an adult and handle his own problems.  

Dan arrives and they discuss Nicole until Vic walks back in. Vic says he wants what's best for Dan and if he wants to be with Nicole won't have a problem with it. Dan says Nicole is meeting him at his house and Vic says he's got a meeting but before leaving he wants to talk about Xander. Vic tells him that Xander is leaving Salem and may be as soon as today. 

Nicole/Xander/Dan/Sally/Navidad

Nicole is in her office looking at Xander's mugshot and typing when her phone rings and it's Xander. Nicole says she's been busy and Xander says she has been and flashes back to Nicole/Dan kiss. Xander said he thought a lot about Nicole and they have been memorable thoughts. Xander would like to meet with her and Nicole says it can be arranged since Xander is eager to see her which Xander says she has no idea while looking pissed. Nicole says she has to finish research which Xander asks about and Nicole says background on members and Xander says maybe there isn't anything to find and Xander says she's like him doesn't give up until they get what they want. Nicole says she'll call him when she's done and Xander says he'll be waiting for the call and Nicole ends the call and goes back to reading. 

Meanwhile Xander says Nicole better finish her work soon as he doesn't like to be kept waiting and leaves his hotel room. 

Nicole hit pay dirt but needs a password and she reads on a law firm and gets on her cell phone and calls for an international operator where she wants to be connected to an office in Glasgow. Nicole slaps on a Scottish accent which the person on the phone can't understand her and asks what part of Scotland she's from which Nicole makes up a story. She's asking about the Alexandros case. The lady sent Nicole the information to her email which Nicole is in and reads Xander was charged with murder but charges were reduced and not getting a long sentence and reads why. It was reduced by a letter from Victor. 

Dan calls her and want to meet which Nicole can't wait to see him. Nicole says she can meet Dan at Vic's house. Dan asks if she can face Vic and Nicole says she's looking forward to it. Dan says he can't wait to clear the air and Nicole knows she has some explaining to do which Dan agrees. They hang up. Nicole feels she's being followed but doesn't care because the person can't get passed Victor's front door. Sally comes in and tells Nicole that they're the only ones in the building and time to pack it up and tells Nicole to be careful as the power to the front door went out.

Xander is pacing around the park when Navidad comes up and tells him that the power was knocked out and that Nicole is still in the building. Sally says has to leave out the backdoor and Nicole asks about the security guard which Sally says went home sick and asks if Nicole wants to get some drinks and Nicole declines because she has a date and Sally leaves.

Nicole is finishing up her make up and she opens the door to see Xander standing there. (Last scene of the day)

Dan/Eric

Dan arrives home and looks at a pic of Nicole on his cell. He says Nicole will be home soon and they can work things out and there's a knock and it's Eric. Dan asks what's wrong and Eric says it's obvious and Dan says he can tell. Dan wants to know if he can help and Eric says he can if it's not too much trouble. Eric says he may think that Serena was possibly using him, Melanie, and Dan. 

Eric says Serena kept wanting to come to Dan's apartment and asks if anything weird. Dan says Serena kept leaving her stuff at his apartment and Eric asks was she ever alone. Dan wants to know what's going on and Eric says he's not going to get into it and asks about the elephant. Dan retrieves it and shows Eric. Dan is asking a lot of questions but doesn't mean to pry but Eric doesn't answer just stares blankly. Eric says he's not going to speculate about Serena. Eric asks if he can keep the statue which Dan says yes since Parker is now into action figures. Dan says that Eric shouldn't face the problem alone which Eric basically tells Dan that he's not telling him anything and to respect it and Eric leaves. 

Serena/Caroline/Xander/Eric

There's a knock at the door and it's Caroline who has a thing of cookies for her. Caroline sees the bags and asks if she's going on a trip and Serena tells her she's leaving Salem. Caroline asks if Eric knows that she's leaving. Serena says she hopes Eric will come with her but don't see it happening. Caroline doesn't understand which Serena says it's complicated and Caroline says it's none of her business and apologizes. Caroline says she doesn't understand as she likes Serena and how she makes Eric happy and doesn't say what she doesn't mean and Serena hugs Caroline. Serena thanks Caroline for the cookies and Caroline is sorry that they didn't get to know each other better which Serena agrees. Serena opens the door and Xander stands there about to knock. Xander enters and Serena introduces them and Caroline asks Xander if he knows Eric and he confirms. Caroline says her goodbyes and leaves.

Serena wants to know what Xander is doing there and he says guess. Xander says he's going to tie up loose ends in Salem, starting with Serena. Serena asks what he wants and Xander says he's here to say goodbye. Serena says Eric doesn't know anything about the diamonds and nothing will come back to Xander. Xander asks why she looks worried and Serena says she did everything Xander asked her to and he ruined everything with Eric. Xander says after Eric left her in Africa she jumped on him which Serena calls him disgusting. Xander grabs Serena's hair and says he doesn't like being insulted by women and Serena figures Nicole has got him upset.

Xander lets go of her hair and says he's done with Nicole and knows that Nicole is playing him. Serena calls his attitude towards Nicole a complete 180 which Xander says he doesn't want Dan's used merchandise and getting away from Salem. Xander says that Serena and Eric have nothing to fear as long as she keeps her mouth shut and leaves. There's a knock at the door which Serena marches to the door yelling what does Xander want and as she opens the door it's Eric. 

Eric heard Serena saying Xander's name and saw him leave. Serena says it's over and nothing to talk about which Eric pulls out the elephant statue and says he's figured everything out. Serena says she has to catch a flight which Eric says she's gonna have to call the cops to get rid of him. Eric recalls when she wanted to meet at his home in private and showed interest in his artifacts and how she lost hers and what Nicole told him about being two statues. Serena says Eric is taking Nicole's side and Eric says he is. Eric continues on about Serena's obsession with the statue and since she got what she wanted he wants to know what was in the elephant. Eric says he pretty much figured it out and Eric says what did Xander do with the diamonds and wants to know why Serena used him. Serena says she loves him and can't explain it to him but Eric thinks he should. Serena says if she does Eric would be dead.

Who's in charge here Victor or Dark Roast?? Why does Vic feel the need to tell Dark Roast anything about Xander? What the competition is out of the way. Whatever. Also Dark Roast stop wearing open shirts, showing off your nasty chest hair.

Brady is just a nasty piece of work, he swears he's better than Theresa. Really, communicate with co-parent via e-mail?? Text would be the best. I mean me personally I don't check my e-mails everyday. Theresa is wasting her damn time and should regret now being permanently connected to Dumbass Brady forever. He continues to show his stupidity with how he wants things done in advance, with children that's nearly impossible to do because things always come up at the last minute. So good luck with that stupid. I don't have kids and I know this shit. 

Nicole's Scottish accent was very bad.

Xander still being an abusive little bitch with grabbing Shrewena's hair. This story can't die fast enough. 

The one good thing about this episode was Eric leaving Dark Roast dumbfounded and not wanting to tell him anything about his suspicions. So Dark Roast should really stop trying to play hero with everybody and sit his ass down somewhere.

• Love 4