Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

It seems to me that Abby wants to have her cake and eat it too.  She wants to be able to have sex with inappropriate men (whether or not they're in a relationship or she is doesn't seem to matter) but she doesn't want to have to worry about consequences or what other people think.

Proof positive that at her core, dear sweet Abs is not in fact a princess but actually a cold and selfish person.  What a winner.

• Love 8

Why must Kayla always interact with Abifail, her niece through marriage. I have never seen her interact with Sonny, Steve's nephew. I have never seen her interact with Theresa, Kim's daughter, her blood niece, it is sacrilegious! Does she know what happened to Theresa and has she met Tater-tot..Her grand-nephew. This is why the show sucks, they forget the ties that bind these characters to one another..Ken Corday has designated that Theresa will be the new Sami, so she has to remain friendless, unsympathetic with no family....Kayla a dynamic character, has been reduced to be Abifail's cheerleader...Steve come home! and get your sweetness Stat!

Kayla was working with Theresa when she first went to work at the hospital and worked with Jennifer when Jenn wanted Theresa gone.  There were quite a few scenes between them early on.

• Love 1

Kayla and Kim had a great sisterly relationship. For that alone, she should have been trying to forge a strong bond with Theresa. I would like to see Stefanie come back and become close to Theresa....The Brady family were always close back in the day. I remember how the family was deeply affected by Marlena's affair with John, while still married to Roman. That was a great infidelity story with lasting impact. Marlena did not try to blame Roman for her infidelity and she could have done so, due the machinations of Stefano. She was contrite, crying, pleading with Roman to forgive her for her indiscretion with John.. It was heartbreaking for all those involved and the storyline was treated with respect and sensitivity...

• Love 2

I look at the other boards and it's really baffling to me. They're all like, I'm Team Chabby and being so superficial about it because they look good together it warrants Jar Jar cheating on Mannequin. Really?? I guess giving superficial reasons just makes me SMDH. I don't care how good you look, you do wrong and I'll call you out. I called out both Theresa and Sonny on their behavior before. Lucas looks good but he's acting like a damn pig right now. 

• Love 5
(edited)

I should care more about Ben's feelings, but my main problem with this storyline is that the spectre of EJ's ability to rock Abigail's world keeps looming over Chad and Abby. It's interfering with my ability to believe that either character would want each other that badly.  I think Chad and Abby have some chemistry (or I think KM has more chemistry with BF than she has had with any of her previous male co-stars), but what EJ did to Abigail's face in that cabin and that closet and that shower is a strong memory!

If the show had written some scenario where they got to know each other again after some time had passed, maybe I'd get it. But the fact that both wanted each other from the get-go doesn't make sense to me since we know what Abigail's face is like when she's doing it with EJ and how mad Chad was when he found out about the two. (Okay, maybe Abigail wants a substitute, but I can't figure out a reason for Chad).

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

Abigail and Chad are so much better than her and Ben. I can see him going next.

What makes them better? I just wanna know, what have they done to show that they're better. Chad playing mind games and Jar Jar's waffling between two men once again? I would really like to know without any form of superficiality thrown in. I really don't want to read because they look good.

• Love 3
(edited)

I also don't get why Abigail is acting like everybody expects her to be with Ben. She could easily dump Ben, and I doubt Jennifer would notice...and Jennifer is the only person I can see taking an interest in Abigail's love life. Nobody else cares. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

I don't get it either, yet I guess I would have to have Jar Jar blood running through my veins in order to get it. Jar Jar just refuses to stay single, she forever has to have a penis in her.

• Love 5

What makes them better? I just wanna know, what have they done to show that they're better. Chad playing mind games and Jar Jar's waffling between two men once again? I would really like to know without any form of superficiality thrown in. I really don't want to read because they look good.

Exactly Shadowsixx, people want Sonny to dump Will for Sparkle, not because he is a douchebag with a capital D, but  because he is not as good looking or as  muscular as Paul...It is the same reasons that people were clamoring for Ej over Lucas because they said that Lucas was short, with a babyface, not as good looking, muscular and does not have an accent like EJ, therefore Sami should be with him....Never mind that he had raped Sami and terrorized her family..Mileage varies...

• Love 1

Ken Corday and the idiot writers are trying to recreate EJ/Sami with Chad and the pathetic side piece.  Ken Corday didn't like Ejami, but the boring twit is one of his favorites so she'll have Chad and everyone else in Salem telling her how great she is no matter what she does.

I will never understand why Sami was constantly getting criticized for choosing Rafe and Lucas over EJ.  EJ's entire friendship with Sami in 2006 was a lie.  EJ raped Sami, stalked and terrorized her for months when she was pregnant with the twins, blackmailed her into marriage, kidnapped Sydney and told Sami her baby was dead twice, stuck Fake Rafe in her home and bed, but Sami is not only the bad guy when she doesn't want to be with EJ, she is also the bad guy for giving EJ a chance.  EJ gets the chance he has been claiming to want for years, and proceeds to lie to Sami about Kristen drugging and raping Eric, cheats on her, and somehow Sami gets blamed for what EJ did because she dared to have a spine and mind of her own.  {face palm}

• Love 7
(edited)

They're more interesting to me to watch, better chem, more history between them. I don't feel the need to fast forward their scenes. Chad playing Dimera games, is him, he's a Dimera and it also plays on their history. Abigail also being torn between her first love is a normal. It's a soap, cheating, lies, mind games, triangles happen.

But If you're calling Abigail "JarJar" then no matter who she's with you're going to hate her, so not sure an explanation of why I rather what Chad and Abby vs Abby and Ben is even going to help.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 6

Ken Corday and the idiot writers are trying to recreate EJ/Sami with Chad and the pathetic side piece.  Ken Corday didn't like Ejami, but the boring twit is one of his favorites so she'll have Chad and everyone else in Salem telling her how great she is no matter what she does.

I will never understand why Sami was constantly getting criticized for choosing Rafe and Lucas over EJ.  EJ's entire friendship with Sami in 2006 was a lie.  EJ raped Sami, stalked and terrorized her for months when she was pregnant with the twins, blackmailed her into marriage, kidnapped Sydney and told Sami her baby was dead twice, stuck Fake Rafe in her home and bed, but Sami is not only the bad guy when she doesn't want to be with EJ, she is also the bad guy for giving EJ a chance.  EJ gets the chance he has been claiming to want for years, and proceeds to lie to Sami about Kristen drugging and raping Eric, cheats on her, and somehow Sami gets blamed for what EJ did because she dared to have a spine and mind of her own.  {face palm}

All of that simply because Corday hated EJ and Sami together.   But Now Corday wants a saint Horton with an evil dimera and is giving them pet writing.

• Love 1

yes SAmi stood up with Eric big time but it did not do her any good.  He took the side piece's side over her.

Lucas should be humping Kayla instead of Adrienne.  But then that would not create any drama because who would care.  Not even Kate.

Chad and Theresa will never meet because Abigail could not stand the competition.  With her at the hospital and him on the board surely they would meet.  His sister stole her baby and yet no scenes between them at all.

• Love 4

I honestly don't understand Daniel's pissy attitude towards Xander.  He pushed Nicole away, he has no business saying who she can and cannot date and then getting upset about it.

Why does Kate care who Chad and Abigail sleep with? Why does Kayla care where Lucas or Kate are working?

Eric is so judgemental for an ex-priest.

Somebody bit off the bottom half of the back of Abigail's jacket.

Chad should have taken Zoe up on her offer.

• Love 5
(edited)

Kate would not want Clyde to blame her for Abigail cheating on his son.

IA about Zoe.  Who knows Zoe might not cheat on Chad like Abigail will most likely do.  But then I hope Chad cheats on Abigail.

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 1

I think the other guy who played Ben might have been better in this storyline. That guy had a sad face you could feel sorry for if someone cheated on him. This version of Ben is kind of like Emilio -- with Emilio, I wondered why his mullet existed and with this version of Ben, I wonder why he can't get new eyebrows.

• Love 4
(edited)

Kayla and Kim had a great sisterly relationship. For that alone, she should have been trying to forge a strong bond with Theresa.

Kayla did try to forge a bond with Theresa.  She gave her a job , when the judge in California said that Theresa would be going to jail for drug charges, if she didn't get a job.  Then Theresa rewarded her by ripping off the hospital (when she worked for Jen) -embezzling money.   Theresa was fired and Kayla did not press charges. Anne then hired Theresa to get even with Jen.    So, Kayla did her family bit.

I don't think she even told Kimberly everything that Theresa did. 

Edited by rulesoftravel
  • Love 2
(edited)

I also don't get why Abigail is acting like everybody expects her to be with Ben. She could easily dump Ben, and I doubt Jennifer would notice...and Jennifer is the only person I can see taking an interest in Abigail's love life. Nobody else cares. 

That's the crux of the matter.  Abby truly believes that she's the center of attention at all times and that everyone she knows--EVERYONE--would be shocked and horrified if she did something wrong.  Of course in Salem reality, Abby is excused for any and all wrong doing.  I can't wait for all of the "Chad's a Di Mera and he seduced you" apologists to come out when it's revealed that Abs cheated on Ben.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 4
(edited)

That would be the most useful thing Stefano has done in decades.

Poor Chad/BF got stuck in the SL James Scott said no to.  If AS and JS had stayed, EJ would be with Jar Jar, and Sami would still be getting treated as the bad guy in that scenario.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 4

Too bad Belle couldn't keep her damn mouth shut about the abortion. I'm not bitter. 

She didn't know Rex was nearby, in her defense.  And anyway, I'd say Mimi keeping the secret of Claire's true paternity was a far worse offense.

• Love 1

Ben should never have gotten involved with her.  But then she was the only girl in Salem as far as he knew.

I would laugh if, when AS returns, Sami got to have a scene with Ben where she tells him, "I warned you about her." She told Ben what kind of person Abifail is, before his relationship with her had gotten really serious. He chose to ignore it and pursue a relationship. Now I suppose he'll be surprised she cheated on him, but he shouldn't be.

• Love 5

Man, the men in this town......

I love Victor but right now he needs to take a long nap or an even longer trip.  He's being an ass.  Okay, we know Xander is a jerk - and in this case, so does Victor.  Victor hates Nicole, kisses that wrinkled Jonas ass, so if Victor was playing true to form, he'd LOVE it if Xander was going after Nicole.  He sure as hell wouldn't warn him off because Daniel was pissy about it.  He'd be thrilled that somebody, anybody, would be removing Nicole from Golden Boy's life.  So his  behavior isn't even consistent.

And neither is his Adoration of the Jonas.  Hell, Victor doesn't treat his own family with such care as he does Daniel.  Daniel spoke to him with such disrespect today, but all Victor did was apologize for making him uncomfortable.  It's such bullshit.  Daniel must sweat Mentos or something for Victor to be so enamored of this horror.  Does.not.make.sense.

Then there's Eric, the prissiest priss to ever priss.  He finds a picture of Serena in bed with Xander, she explains it all, but Eric, he just can't get it.  Cuz to him sex in evul, naked is bad, it's something he might have to do but he doesn't have to look so how can he understand her when she says they had a fling and it meant nothing. 

Cuz Eric MUST suffer if his peen gets hard.  It's for Gawd.  And Mommy.  There is some sick shit with this guy.  

Yeah, we know the backstory, but he doesn't.  And I don't buy for a second that this doofus can spot a lie.  Hell, Kristen was flashing him for months in the rectory and he thought it was the sight of God.  

But, worst of all, how DARE these men be so demanding of the women they supposedly care about?  Daniel and Nicole aren't together - she can date anyone she wants, sleep with anyone she wants, yet he still has the gall to say about her in relation to Xander, "I'm not letting Nicole completely off the hook".  She's NOT ON HIS HOOK!  God I wish this character would just disappear or die horribly.

And Serena told Eric what he needed to know.  And the ass still won't accept it.  WHO DO THESE GUYS THINK THEY ARE??

And as if Show hadn't made me cranky enough, we had to have Abigail and her talking HooHaw dominate the screen.  We've got Kayla telling her she's "young and beautiful, you're strong and smart", because Abigail was so baldly fishing for compliments.  I can't wait for Steve to get back because Kayla has been turned into such a doormat.  

Everybody blows smoke up Abigail's ass.  I wish somebody would plant a grenade there instead.  

And while she's talking to Kayla, Abigail manages to diss her mother about the JJ/Eve thing.  WTF??  Jenn has backed this little witch up at every turn, she's abandoned her principles, her smarts, any pretence at fairness for this twit child, and at the first opportunity, Abigail disses her.  And she has the gall to diss her to Kayla.  She is such an ungrateful viper.

Of course, Jenn is reaping what she sowed, but still....

Oh yeah, Abigail, Chad knows EXACTLY why you came over.  She might have given it away when Henderson answered the door and she slipped off her panties and asked him to hold them for her until she left.

Some days, Show is hard to watch.  Today was one of those days.

• Love 13

I've said it a hundred times, but Eric really needs to get knocked unconscious by a fireplace poker or a roll off a balcony and wake up with a new personality.  GV can do more than play this asexual priss. 

Kate is not this stupid.  I can't believe she just sat there while Clyde strongly insisted that Will reveal his sources.  It sucks that the writers are doing this to her character.  The real Kate should have murdered that hillbilly pedophile a long time ago.

I hate the character and I can't get past how strange looking I find the actress.  Damn, but she's annoying!

You're not alone!  I think KM is straight-up bizarre looking. 

• Love 6

Sneasel was killing me describing Sparkles' "gorgeous eyes" and seductive superpowers that Sonny would surely fall prey to just as he had.  Maybe Sneasel's the one who really wants Paul.

No doubt about that. Uh, Won't, it's called "projecting," and you need to stop doing it.

This all sounds so terrible. Good god!

Oh, it is.

• Love 3
(edited)

Sonny would STILL rather stay with Will, even though he lied and cheated and continues to act ridiculous, rather than get back together with Sparkle, and Sparkle just can't handle it.

Neither can Will, which is the crazy part.

To Will, he is only to blame a little bit. It's actually more Sonny's fault for keeping a prior relationship a secret even though WIll had promised to do so and it's Paul's fault for being so Sparkly.

Exactly. Somehow Sonny's having a prior relationship is worse than Will's unfaithfulness! Won't doesn't just need marriage counselling, he needs therapy, period.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 1

They're more interesting to me to watch, better chem, more history between them. I don't feel the need to fast forward their scenes. Chad playing Dimera games, is him, he's a Dimera and it also plays on their history. Abigail also being torn between her first love is a normal. It's a soap, cheating, lies, mind games, triangles happen.

But If you're calling Abigail "JarJar" then no matter who she's with you're going to hate her, so not sure an explanation of why I rather what Chad and Abby vs Abby and Ben is even going to help.

Well said, Artsda! I'm with you 100%...much more interesting to watch. That's what a 'soap' is all about.

• Love 1

I'm all about superficiality when it comes to some couples and characters. Not every actor can act and sometimes the writing is horrible, so I go with whatever entertains me the most at any given time. If I want to look at the pretty or root against a character simply because she wears unflattering dresses*, I will. This isn't Tennessee Williams level drama, this is daytime television. 

*So, I root against Serena always, but that freaking dress yesterday made me downright hostile towards her.

(edited)

I don't really mind Chad and Abby together, mainly because it seems like Chad has no other options (did Abigail run all the other women out of town?) and he needs something to do besides brood over why Stephano is his dad, but I also don't mind seeing Abigail humiliated in the process. So I feel I get two birds with one stone killed in this storyline.

*Though a grenade up Abigail's backside does sound like a promising storyline as well. Abigail's face is kind of wonky with the facial expressions so that weird large open-mouthed thing she does would probably work with this storyline. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2
(edited)

I've said it a hundred times, but Eric really needs to get knocked unconscious by a fireplace poker or a roll off a balcony and wake up with a new personality.  GV can do more than play this asexual priss. 

It's hard to even consider Eric a real character. He has no agency and none of his stories are ever about him. Even his rape story was more about Kritter and Nicole. He's just there for women to lie to and manipulate. Eric could be so much more than this but for some reason the writers think this is good TV.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 10
(edited)

Eric is a legacy child..Roman and Marlena's son. He deserves better writing. I like Greg Vaughn and I would like to see more of him..I think he and Serena had the potential to be be something great, but as usual this show ruined it..Look at what they did to Xander, the show has ruined him. This show sucks donkey balls....I hope the new regime do something good with him..Tomsell has  ruined Eric for me by making him so gullible and stupid...Tomsell has ruined the show for me under the tutelage of Ken Corday....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

My stupid computer crashed and I can't log in under my former username. Oh well.  I'm not really a fan of Abby/Chad or Abby/Ben. The only thing about this story that interests me is Clyde wants Ben to have what Ben wants.  And Clyde won't be happy with Abby when he learns she cheated on his boy.  An unhappy Clyde is a dangerous Clyde.  Clyde is one of the few characters that interests me because as a villain he is actually menacing.  You cross him and you pay the price. As for the other villains, Xander has been ruined by poor writing, and Stefano and Victor are both too damn old.  Victor is very snarky but he's a shadow of what he used to be.  I can't remember the last time Stefano was dangerous to anyone. 

I can't remember the last time the show was this bad.  I'm only sticking around for Hope and Aiden, and they're barely on.  The summer previews suck. And I have no interest in what the new writers have planned.  The returns don't excite me at all.

• Love 1

Chad has fallen for his brother's former side piece and from what I understand he will push her away after he hump her for her own good.  Hope he tells her that he only hump her for revenge.

• Love 2
(edited)

Oh, humping for revenge doesn't sound like a bad idea!

I can deal with Abigail's lame lack of morals as long as she falls flat on her face because of it.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 5
(edited)

You are so right about the show being so bad and the ratings reflect that...The main problem with the show is the repetitive dialogue between the characters and lack of movement in the stories...Plus the characters are isolated from one another. For example: how come the Brady family have not rallied around Theresa and Tater-tot. Will and Theresa should be interacting now because they have small children. Ari and Tater-tot are cousins....It is poor writing like that, that turns me off from the show....

It is a crime that Chad is going to be with Abifail..I would love to see him interact with Chelsea, Theresa and Stefanie. I would love to see those Brady cousins interact with one another.. I think that trio would be fantastic with one another. I also think Sonny, JJ and Joey would be good too as the Johnson cousins. The Kiriakis twins and Alex mixing it up with Andrew, Brady and Eric.  Nicole needs a friend as well.. We need more friendships on this show. Alex and Philip Kiriakis need to  be on canvas mixing it up with everybody...I would like to see Philip come back and reclaim his son Parker and his other son Tyler a.k.a Pocket that he gave up for adoption..I think the show was stupid in not letting Steve and Kayla adopt him, that could have re-ignited the Johnson/Kiriakis feud, plus, you have Kate being a wild card... So much potential wasted by these stupid writers...

Edited by Apprentice79

I find myself wondering how much to even invest in Chad, knowing that the writers are changing soon. Does anyone have a feel for whether Higley favors the Dimearas like she's reportedly fond of the Kiriaki? 

Yes Lastwaltz, she loved writing for Tony. She had big plans for him, but Ken Corday did not like Tony for some reason. Once Tomsell came in. he wrote Tony out....Chad will be heavily featured under the new regime...

• Love 1
(edited)

You welcome! Lastwaltz, I think the new regime wants to focus on the vets, their kids and their grandkids. There has to be somebody to take over for Stefano on the Dimera side and on the Kiriakis side...Xander as Alex, Justin's son could have done that, but he has been ruined..It is a shame, he is tall, sexy and good looking and the actor is decent and can do a flawless American accent....Why Tomsell chose to not make him Justin's son with Anjelica is beyond my comprehension...

Anjelica could have come back to cause mayhem, while trying to connect with her biological son.. Alex falling for Nicole could have been great for her. A man that only has eyes for her who appreciates her dark side..Plus, it would tick Victor off...He could be there for his little brother Sonny, hate on Will for hurting him. Try to get his parents back together, while keeping Anjelica from meddling in their lives.. He could battle Philip and Brady for Victor's throne and clash with Chad, the Dimera heir.. He can be best friends with Eric; with Andrew Donovan now an ISA agent trying to bring him down...Eventually the Kiriakis twins, Victor Jr and Joseph come to town with their own agenda....The story just writes itself....I want Kate to be the Kiriakis matriarch to the utter delight of Philip..I loved Philip's relationship with Kate. Just like Austin, he was always so devoted to her..Maggie can go back to being Pop up Holiday Maggie....She has been ruined for me, ever since she found her egg baby...To be fair, everybody has been ruined under Tomsell...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

This Chad has been Abigail's first potential partner (EJ doesn't count) who is capable of acting, since the last Chad. The two Camerons and the two Bens suck the air out of every scene (and to be fair to them, they've had no compelling story).

Exactly Shadowsixx, people want Sonny to dump Will for Sparkle, not because he is a douchebag with a capital D, but  because he is not as good looking or as  muscular as Paul...It is the same reasons that people were clamoring for Ej over Lucas because they said that Lucas was short, with a babyface, not as good looking, muscular and does not have an accent like EJ, therefore Sami should be with him....Never mind that he had raped Sami and terrorized her family..Mileage varies...

I want Sonny to dump Will for Sparkle, because Will cheated on him, and the writing for him has deteriorated since Guy Wilson took over the role. Also, I don't get any chemistry off of Sonny and this Will. Sonny and Paul, on the other hand, exude it, imo. It has nothing to do with Paul being prettier (although that doesn't hurt) for me, it has more to do with the ruination of Will (and for me, therefore the ruination of Will and Sonny).

As for Sami and EJ, I used to prefer Sami with either Rafe or Lucas, but was finally won over to EJ and Sami, once I realized he was the only love interest that fully acknowledged her crazy and loved her, in part, because of it, not despite it. Lucas, to me, loved Sami in spite of her craziness (and I'll always have a soft spot for Lumi, but those days are over). Rafe, made Sami want to be a better person, and try to be a better person, but she'd always screw up, because she's Sami Brady. 

I kind of, I don't know, "resent" seems like too strong a word… let's say I chafe at seeing someone who doesn't like a pairing I prefer, claiming that those who feel as I do, could only like the pair, for callow and shallow reasons. 

I agree. I like Kate Manzi, and her Abigail. I don't think the writing has been all that great for anyone on this show, for the past year, but I don't think it's been any worse for Abigail. I feel like, perhaps accidentally, these writers have set her on the same sort of path they've laid out, deliberately, for JJ. I think Abigail is struggling between the Horton and the Devereaux (Johnson) sides of her nature. And like her mother before her, she's drawn to a bit of a bad boy.

I think the other guy who played Ben might have been better in this storyline. That guy had a sad face you could feel sorry for if someone cheated on him. 

Oh, as much as I find this Ben vapid, at least I don't feel like Abigail is taking advantage of an intellectually challenged individual, when I see her making out with him. 

I find myself wondering how much to even invest in Chad, knowing that the writers are changing soon. Does anyone have a feel for whether Higley favors the Dimearas like she's reportedly fond of the Kiriaki? 

The thing is, new Chad can act, he's decent looking, and there aren't that many young men of his age on the show. Sonny is leaving. New Will is unappealing. I'm not going to worry too much about Chad. I think it's more likely the actor would leave, than that the new writing regime will write him out.

You know what's sad? I was actually relieved that there was no new episode today. 

When does the old writing regime's last episodes air. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I think the new regime's work begin in late August.We have 10 weeks to go after this week. I would like to see Sonny deal with his Johnson genes, just like Abigail, Stefanie and JJ have...Joey is going to be a little hellraiser, when he shows up soon..I would like to see Sonny go down the dark path, he has been too passive, weak and reactive in my book. I hate that he lets an idiot like Will play him for a fool. He has been too calm about Sparkle touching his husband who was practically a virgin....I want Sonny to have agency, he has been a prop to Will for too long and I want him to be a force to be reckon with and that is why he needs his older brothers in town to remind him that he is a Kiriakis...He needs to teach Will and Sparkle a lesson, but the show refuses to make Sonny go dark...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1