Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

(edited)

Today wasn't a bad day.  In some ways, it was really nice, because it's almost always a pleasure to see vets and good actors on screen.  Nothing too startling, but it was a pleasure to see Kim in all of her scenes, as it was to watch Hope and Kate interact.  Clyde is a dirtball, but the actor is good, so his scenes were also (mostly) worth watching.

Will was acting like a normal human being in his scenes with Rafe, and Rafe wasn't being his usual pissy self, so even those two were okay to watch.  I'd almost forgotten what Will was like when he's not in Sneasel mode.  It won't last, but still, it was a nice break.

Chad is also a pleasure to watch, but other than his scene with Will, the rest were with Abigail, and anything with Abigail automatically ruins the rest.  Ditto with Ben.  Because Abigail is AMAZING, she's SPECIAL, she's the first, the last, my everything.  I mean, how could any of us blame  Ben and Chad for going crazy for Abigail, when she just oozes (something or other) the SEXAYY??abigail_1.gif

I even enjoyed Mel and Brady, at least to a certain extent, since Brady wasn't behaving like a psycho goon and Mel was acting like a grown up.  How nice to see her do a scene where she's not chewing on her hair!

So, all in all, not bad.  But, in the midst of this pleasant, forgettable episode, we had to hear Clyde say that "Abigail is one classy lady".

And that made me nuts.  This kind of nuts.  crazy.gif

Because if Clyde thinks Abigail is classy, then he's a helluva lot more nuts than this.

Edited by boes
  • Love 5

I had to cringe a bit at Ben so abjectly and sincerely apologizing to Abby about changing his name without discussing it with her first. I mean, she only got mad as an excuse in the first place. It wasn't like she was legitimately mad. She just wanted an excuse to run to Chad and away from Ben. So, I felt kind of bad for Ben. He may not be a great guy, but he knows he is losing Abby, and he is transitioning into that stage where he hopes that if he is just nice enough or apologetic enough, she won't leave.

Abby says some of the right things. She sounds self-aware. But show, please, show more and don't tell so much!

• Love 4
(edited)

Taking a break from complaining about all the things Show gets wrong to show appreciation for something done right. Kim's reactions to being in the Kiriakis house were great. That kind of unease is exactly what you'd expect, given her history with Victor. However, they missed a great opportunity to insert a flashback. Given how much they flash back to the previous week/day/scene, I was surprised that they didn't  use one at a time that practically begged for it.

Edited by shesajar
  • Love 6

I think they didn't do a flashback for Kim and Victor because it would highlight how horrible the current writing/flashbacks are.

When Sami returns, I wish we would get a scene where it is acknowledged she knows EJ might be alive, Stefano might have him stashed somewhere, and she doesn't care so long as it keeps EJ out of her life.

I didn't think Brady could get any dumber, but I was wrong.

• Love 1
(edited)

I think Ben could dump Abigail if there were other women in his age range to date on this show. 

I expect someone in this storyline is going to wind up doing a lot of begging. Or heck, maybe all three.

Ben will be begging Abigail to stay with him. 

Chad will be begging Abigail to leave Ben.

Abigail will be begging Chad to see what they have together WHILE begging Ben to forgive her for cheating on him.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

Taking a break from complaining about all the things Show gets wrong to show appreciation for something done right. Kim's reactions to being in the Kiriakis house were great. That kind of unease is exactly what you'd expect, given her history with Victor. However, they missed a great opportunity to insert a flashback. Given how much they flash back to the previous week/day/scene, I was surprised that they didn't  use one at a time that practically begged for it.

I know.  Just the way she turned her head, you could see her reminiscing, and I waited for the flashback, and nothing.

• Love 2

Hmmm, something about Kim -- the actress -- seemed off to me. I don't remember her being as awkward, do you? 

Surprised no one mentioned Anne's dismissive "oh-the-MOST-adorable" description for Melanie. I'll miss Mel when she's gone -- I still think of her as being a breath of fresh air for this show. Hope they leave the door open for her to come back. 

I'm anxious to see Dark Paige this week, and I'm glad it seems they have some story left for her to play. 

• Love 3

Hmmm, something about Kim -- the actress -- seemed off to me. I don't remember her being as awkward, do you? 

She did seem uncomfortable in her other scenes as well; it just really worked to her benefit during the Kiriakis mansion scenes. Is she just out of practice, I wonder? 

• Love 3
(edited)

So, all in all, not bad.  But, in the midst of this pleasant, forgettable episode, we had to hear Clyde say that "Abigail is one classy lady".

And that made me nuts.  This kind of nuts.  crazy.gif

Because if Clyde thinks Abigail is classy, then he's a helluva lot more nuts than this.

In Clyde's defense he is from Poplar Bluff. Being considered classy from there is probably no more than wiping your spit off the moonshine jug  with your shirt before you pass it. 

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 2

She did seem uncomfortable in her other scenes as well; it just really worked to her benefit during the Kiriakis mansion scenes. Is she just out of practice, I wonder? 

She just got signed to the online soap, The Bay, and she's going to be playing Mary Beth Evans sister on that show too.  I saw that she was a little stiff, maybe, in those scenes with Theresa, too.  

But, as you say, not at the Kiriakis mansion.  Maybe those were filmed later after she'd adjusted to the pace?  I suspect filming is even rougher for folks like her who have been away for a while.  But man, quality, even if it's a bit stiff, sure does show!

• Love 2

Patsy Pease seemed very at ease to me in her scenes with Theresa, Roman and Caroline--it was her moments at the mansion where she seemed uncomfortable,  

In today's episode we got some great moments of Kim with Brady and with Victor and we got a flashback--WOO HOO!!  It also makes Victor's dislike of Theresa wonderfully underplayed.  Yes, Vic doesn't like that Theresa helped enable Brady's drug use but he also doesn't like seeing the reminder of what he didn't get to have with Kimberly thrown back in his face--the man was obsessed with Kim for years and he would have raised Andrew as his own if given't the chance.  Vic hates that Kim chose Shane over him and he can deny it all of his life--I watched Days back then, and Vic wanted Kim--badly.

• Love 6
(edited)

Victor tried to kill Shane many times over the years because of his sick obsession with Kimberly. He set up Shane for murder. He actually got custody of Andrew by bribing the judge. He exposed Kim's past as a prostitute, to punish her for not conceding to his blackmail. He brought Steve into town to spy on Kayla and Bo and that is how Steve and Kayla fell in love..He set up Kayla for Marina's murder, Steve's retcon  first wife, even though he knew that it was Isabella(Brady's mom) who did it. He even put out a hit out on Melissa, Maggie's daughter, which makes their union so weird. I guess since Melissa is not the sainted Daniel, her egg baby she does not care....He tried to kill Bo over Carly. That is why whenever Victor speaks ill of Will and Theresa, it makes me very uncomfortable because of his dark history with the Brady family...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

The Melanie worship over there is enough to make anyone lose their lunch.

Maybe this should go in the unpopular opinion thread, or maybe I should join the DOOL facebook page (LOL), but I don't hate Melanie.  I'd never seen her earlier times on the show, so my opinion is based on the current storylines only, but she's grown on me.  In fact, from the very beginning I thought she and Theresa should be friends, and it's annoyed me that instead they made them rivals.  Yes, her quirks and tics are weird, but they do make her stand apart from the other women. And she's not Abigail, so that's a plus.

I'm going to play devil's advocate and agree with both sentiments. I've always thought MB has a real knack for comedy, and I enjoy watching her when she gets to play lighter, funnier stuff (I still laugh at the goofy True Grit parody she and Peter Reckell did years ago). But I loathe her as the romantic ingenue, and wish they'd stop pairing her with every guy on the show. She comes across (to me at least, YMMV) as very coquettish, which is something that I personally can't stand. Seriously, watching her bat her eyelashes and do the "little ole me" cutesy crap drives me up a tree. If they could write her as spunky comic relief/mischief maker instead of the doe-eyed heroine, I'd be happy for her to continue on. And if only they could do something about her hair...

• Love 3
(edited)

Seeing Victor and Kim interact is what soaps are all about...They have such a complicated history and the mutual hatred was still evident..Kim looked shaken by interacting with Victor. Victor even referenced Kim's past as a prostitute...EJ and Victor were so alike in their dogged  respective pursuit of Sami and Kim...Thank God the show never had Kim and Victor become a legitimate couple, like Ejami...Victor was always the interloper and Kim/Shane were always the endgame, despite the fact that Victor and Kim had chemistry....Shane and Kim never got screwed over for Victor, like Lumi did for EJ and now Wilson for Sparkle....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

She comes across (to me at least, YMMV) as very coquettish, which is something that I personally can't stand. Seriously, watching her bat her eyelashes and do the "little ole me" cutesy crap drives me up a tree. If they could write her as spunky comic relief/mischief maker instead of the doe-eyed heroine, I'd be happy for her to continue on. And if only they could do something about her hair...

That! That right there... I honestly don't know about the comedy chops but the 'little ole me' baby voice affectations put my back up so much I don't know that I could even appreciate her strengths. The hair, too... I mean, it's a stupid thing to be annoyed about, I understand this, but the entire package of all of that results in me being seriously annoyed whenever she's on screen.

• Love 4
(edited)

Also, Victor's sarcastically pointing out that Kim and Shane did such a good job raising their kids makes him look like even a bigger jackass because other men raised Bo and Isabella, so where does he get off acting like he's father of the year?

And he knows that Kim suffered horrible sexual abuse as a child and she became a prostitute because she had no self-worth.  For him to dismissively call her a whore when he knows her whole history makes him a cold-hearted human being and a hypocrite because he often paid for Kim's services--so it;s okay to pay for it but not to sell it?  Okay, Vic, whatever--I know you'll just twist everything to suit your own purposes anyway.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 7

That! That right there... I honestly don't know about the comedy chops but the 'little ole me' baby voice affectations put my back up so much I don't know that I could even appreciate her strengths. The hair, too... I mean, it's a stupid thing to be annoyed about, I understand this, but the entire package of all of that results in me being seriously annoyed whenever she's on screen.

I don't think she'll be starring in any rom-coms anytime soon, but there have been times I've thought she has decent comic timing. *shrugs* But yeah, the cutesy stuff absolutely drives me nuts - both in real life, and on film. And as far as the hair, I figure if the writing and acting don't keep me entertained, damn straight I'm going to snark on hair and wardrobe. I've gotta occupy my mind somehow! ;)

• Love 4
(edited)

I want Andrew and Shane to come back and take on Philip and Victor. I want Andrew to be an ISA agent and come into town to take down the Kiriakis family, just like Shane all those years ago with Victor. Andrew is needed on canvas, Eve, Theresa and Paige need him...It would be cool if he became best friends with Alex Kiriakis...Another character that is needed on the show as well...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1
(edited)

05/27/2015 Recap :)

Rafe/Hope

Hope is wondering why Rafe is lying to her and she knows it's about Clyde. She tells Rafe she won't drop it not by a long shot and if Thompson is any help. Rafe said Thompson isn't at the police station which Hope says good and that what they're talking about stays between them. Hope says that Rafe can talk to her since he's talking to Thompson. Hope says that Rafe can trust her and if he doesn't tell her she'll get to the bottom of it herself. Rafe says he's here as the stakes has been raised and that something has happened that has him concerned as others are involved. Hope asks who and Rafe says Will. Rafe talks about the article and then mention Stefano and how they could possibly be scared of Clyde. Hope wants Rafe to tell her what he knows which Rafe says he'll need to use her computer which Hope lets him.

Rafe says it's personal since it's about Will and wants to know why Hope is involved. Hope wants to know because Clyde took over Vic's trucking company. Rafe emailed some of Will's files to himself which he looks through. Hope asks if Clyde threatened Will and Rafe confirms. Rafe calls Clyde bad news. They read interviews with Clyde which is all good, but sees Jeremiah's interview but before they could read it there's a knock at the door and it's Aiden and Rafe asks what he's doing here.

Aiden is on the phone and Hope tells Aiden that Rafe is helping on an old case and Rafe leaves. Aiden asks if it's a bad time and it's not as they kiss. Aiden says Hope should leave town more often but is kidding as he misses her and she says the same. Aiden asks did she find what she was looking for but Hope says they said they wouldn't talk about work. Aiden says he has to go meet with Brady but after they should have dinner and all that and Hope walks him out with a closeup of a folder with Clyde's name on it.

Rafe

Rafe is on the phone at The Square with someone about getting info on Clyde and how he'll leave that person's name out of it.

Clyde/Aiden

They're at the Pub and Clyde is telling Aiden about Ben's name change and owes Aiden a debt of gratitude and to show his thanks he wants to throw more business his way. Aiden tells him he specializes in criminal law and Clyde says he trusts Aiden. Aiden reads a file that Clyde gives him about trucking company and Aiden says that Clyde needs a tax attorney. Clyde wants Aiden to draw up a will as well and Aiden says that Clyde isn't planning on checking out soon which Clyde says he's planning on living forever.

Clyde/Jeremiah

Clyde and Jeremiah are at the park and asks how the interview with Will. Jeremiah says it went as Clyde had scripted and Jeremiah wants to know why Clyde wanted him to speak negatively of him. Clyde says that Will can't believe that everyone thinks that Clyde walks on water. Clyde says he'll be sitting pretty when Aiden gets everything worked out. Jeremiah asks if he can trust Aiden and Clyde thinks so as they're fathers and talks about Chase. He says if push comes to shove Aiden will know where his priorities lye. 

Nicole/Eric

Nicole is at the office and says to herself that Daniel has to be home and has to tell him and about to leave when Eric knocks and enters wanting to tell Nicole as it's important. Eric wants to tell Nicole first and Nicole doesn't know if it's good news or bad and Eric assures her that it's good news. Eric is happy that they're friends as their friendship means a lot to him which Nicole is grateful. Eric says they come a long way and feels blessed that things have worked out for the best for the best of them. Eric tells Nicole he's moving away with Serena.

Eric asks if Nicole is happy and Eric knows that Nicole and Serena aren't friends. Nicole says that she's going to miss him and that she wants him to be happy which Eric thanks her. Eric wants the same for Nicole and that he'll miss her a lot. He's happy they're friends again and doesn't want that to change and hopes Nicole is happy for him. Nicole wants to know when he's leaving. Eric isn't sure when he's leaving but Serena will be leaving soon. Eric says he hasn't told his family yet and Nicole says she won't say a word. Nicole wants something good to happen for him which Eric wishes the same. They talk about her relationship with Dan and Eric knows that Nicole loves him. Eric knows that Xander isn't right for Nicole but Dan is.

Eric knows that Nicole doesn't trust people because of him and that Dan is for her. He wants to know why Xander is in the picture but tells Nicole not to answer. Nicole says she'll miss Eric's sermon and hope this isn't goodbye which Eric says it's not. Nicole says she'll see him later and Eric leaves. Nicole says Eric is right that she can trust Dan and she has to tell him everything. Her office phone rings and says that it can wait but obviously it can't. 

Nicole ends the phone call and there's a knock at the door and Serena enters and asks Nicole if she has a minute which Nicole says no. Serena tells her that she has to talk to her about Xander.

Serena/Xander/Navidad

Serena is walking through the square when she sees Navidad who's on the phone with Xander. Navidad tells Xander that Nicole is in her office and Xander tells Navidad that he wants her to tell him where Nicole goes. Navidad hangs up with Xander and walks off. Serena goes off in another direction.

Serena knocks on Xander's door and enters and wants to know what he's up to. She knows Navidad is working for Xander and doesn't have a good feeling about it. Serena knows that Navidad shows up to do bad things for Xander and thinks Xander is sicking Navidad on her and Eric. Xander tells her he's not after Serena and Serena figures out that it's about Nicole. Xander talks about Nicole questioning about the elephant and how Nicole is suspicious about the both of them. Serena says he should do it the simple way and ignore her which Xander yells at her to not tell him what to do. Serena knows it not about covering their tracks anymore and that it's killing Xander that Nicole is playing him.

Serena calls Xander a misogynist because she'll be leaving with Eric and he has to target Nicole and says how Xander has daddy  and family issues. She calls Nicole a psycho bitch and that the two would deserve each other and Xander tells her to shut up and shoves her out of his hotel room and throws her purse at her. Outside the door Serena thinks Xander is going to kill Nicole and has to warn somebody and walks off.

Serena/Eric/Xander

Serena is at TBD drinking when Eric arrives. Serena wonders if Eric's family is taking it well on him leaving and Eric says he  hasn't told them yet. He says he has some loose ends to wrap up and that it's going to be okay. Serena says she can't wait as it will be good for them. Eric says Serena is the best thing to happen to him. Serena said something that I didn't catch.

Eric wants to know what's going on and Serena says it's work. Eric asks if he could help and Serena says that this person could suffer. Serena and Eric chit chat more with Serena doing some cryptic talking and says she has to go with Eric wanting to know what's going on and wanting to help but Serena leaves.

Xander arrives and Eric tells Xander about moving to Hawaii. Eric says Xander doesn't seem surprised and Xander says that Serena mentioned it to him. Xander tells Eric that Serena usually gets what she wants.

Kim/Brady/Victor

Kim wants to know where does Theresa fit in his life. Brady says that they're on the same page as they want what's best for Tate. Kim wants to know what's best for Theresa. Brady says that Theresa's needs are important as well. Kim knows that having a baby with Theresa is the last thing Brady wanted but having a baby is a blessing which Brady agrees. Brady talks about losing his mother and how he loves Tate to not separate him from his mother. Kim appreciates that as being a mother is the hardest job as it involves sacrifice and how Theresa needs help. Brady thinks that Kim wants him to hire a nanny which Kim says no and that Theresa and Tate should move to California.

Brady says she's got to be kidding. Kim says that Brady can come and visit but Brady says why should he uproot his life as Tate is his child and why can't Kim uproot her life. Brady says that Theresa can stay at Vic's which Kim is opposed to and the reason why is because of Victor who walks in. 

Vic says he wouldn't even consider Theresa living at his house and calls Theresa a hussy and knows where Theresa gets it from. Brady wants to know what's going on which there is a flashback of Victor and Kim years ago. Kim says Brady doesn't know Vic and that Theresa isn't living here and that Tate isn't going to be corrupted by Victor and she and Shane are going to raise him. Vic remarks about Kim and Shane's parenting and that Theresa isn't going to California and Kim says "just watch" and leaves. Brady wants to know what Vic did.

Vic tries to evade but Brady tells Vic to not change the subject. Vic says lawyers will make mincemeat of Theresa. Brady asks about the history between Kim and Vic and will it affect Tate. Vic says no and that it was a different time back then and Brady has nothing to worry about. Brady doesn't think so, Vic says that Tate's future isn't in jeopardy and he will make a phone call. Brady doesn't want him making a phone call as he will handle it himself and leaves.

Theresa/Melanie

Theresa tells Mel that she's leaving the hospital tomorrow and Tate will be coming after he recovers. Theresa wants to know where is home as big decisions have to be made and big changes are coming for all of them. Mel says she's staying out of her and Brady's business in regards to Tate. Theresa says they need to talk as they're both part of Brady's life. Theresa says she's being honest and how Brady loves Mel and she doesn't want to come between them. Mel wants to know why they're talking about it. Theresa says she's trying to do the right thing and trying to let go of her feelings for Brady. Theresa talks about her anger and self destruction and how Tate changes everything for everyone which Mel agrees. Theresa says that her eyes are opened and realizes that she's more in love with Brady than she's ever been. 

Mel doesn't know what to say and Theresa tells her that she's not after Brady and that she's bad for Brady and how she dragged him into drinking and drugs and putting John in a coma but she's matured since then as motherhood will do that. Theresa says the ship has sailed and that Mel and Brady will be married and having a baby of their own along with trust funds. Theresa says she'll be raising her baby alone and Mel wants to know what's the point. Theresa says it's going to be heart wrenching and says she won't be able to deal with it.

Theresa is now holding Tate and tells Mel about Kim wanting her to move to California. Mel thinks Tate is staying with Brady, Theresa says she didn't say that and that wherever she is Tate will be with her. Mel says that Brady is Tate's father. Theresa says what is best for Tate and not up to Mel and that she can't relate as Mel doesn't have a child. Theresa says that there are some crucial decisions to be made. Mel thinks Theresa is making it crucial by moving to California. Theresa says it's hard to figure out what's right and to stay in Salem would be if Mel wasn't there. Mel leaves. Theresa calls Tate sweet and he has no idea how Tate makes her happy. Outside the room Mel calls Theresa a crazy bitch. 

Kim arrives and holds Tate and Kim calls Tate perfect. Kim says she may have ruined everything as she went to see Brady and how they talked about moving to Cali and she lost her temper and knows Theresa didn't answer it. Kim hopes Theresa has an open mind and Theresa says it's too soon to rule anything out. Kim is surprised as she hands Tate back over to Theresa. Theresa says that Kim was only trying to help and that they both want what's best for Tate and Kim says what's best for Theresa as well. Theresa is realizing that having Kim there is the best thing to happen to her.

Mel/Brady

Mel is at home when there's a knock and it's Brady who's glad she's there. He tells her he called Aiden as he needs an attorney. Brady says he's been blindsided and talks about Kim and California which Mel tells him she knows. Brady wants to know how she knows and she says Theresa told her and how Theresa is consider moving to California.

I'm really hoping that this is foreshadowing to Mr. Rapey's death. The way he talks about children is just very disturbing. Not only threatening Ciara and being creepy with Ari but the way he was speaking about Chase. Ugh. I'm sorry but his fascination with minors is very off putting and just disgusting. 

One damn flashback of Victor and Kim. I want to see a slew of flashbacks since we got to see those between Mar & Stefano and we have to keep seeing Chad and Jar Jar flashing back to their nasty science experiment kiss along with Eve and JJ's nasty sex. I didn't watch way back then so I want to see what happened between them.

Vic's comments are just unnecessary. Usually I like when he's grouchy but he can tone it down some.

Even I felt bad for Mel today a little bit with Theresa basically confirming that things would be better if she was away. Theresa welcome to the real world when you have kids with a man who's with someone else.

Xander and his constant need to manhandle women is just so disgusting as well. Him and Mr. Rapey can't get off screen fast enough.

Eric is so damn passive, he really needs to buy a fucking clue when it comes to Shrewena. He fails to see how she acts and behaves and her mood swings, Eric is so stupid. Stop pushing Nicole to be with Dark Roast, that's pushing a woman to go back to an abusive relationship which is just never cool. Can we do a DNA test to see if he's really related to Sami, because if this was Sami she would notice this behavior and question it. 

I didn't catch a lot of what some people said today or I may have worded some of them wrong so hopefully if I did, I'm corrected. It's just hard as I don't have DVR and can't rewind live t.v. so I basically have to type as it goes along so kind of hard to listen to them say something and quickly move on to the next scene lol. 

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 5
(edited)

Did anybody get the vibe today that Clyde might not be long for this world? He has drawn up a will and said that he plans on living forever...Plus, he has made another threat against a child, this time it was Aiden's.....I get the impression that once everybody finds out about his threats against Ari, he might get a bullet to the head and I hope it is delivered by Sonny...I think it would be ironic if Sonny left, protecting Ari like Gaby did last year...It would be just like Sonny to sacrifice himself for his family.  It is so obvious that Ben will go dark after he finds out about  the side piece doing what she  does best, being a Dimera plaything....lol It pains me  that Jack's only daughter is so odious and  obnoxious....

Why did Eric have to extol  the virtues of the sainted doctor, even when he is mercifully not shown on screen, he gets a mention....Let it go Ken Corday, that asshole will never be on the same level of Bo, Shane, Steve,Roman, John, Justin, and my beloved Jack....Has any character in the history of daytime ever been this deified..Unbelievable!

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

It's times like this when Victor just seems like a cruel heartless bastard. Considering everything he's done to the Brady family, Kim in Particular, he should really refrain from trashing any of them, and he shouldn't even dare look at Kim the wrong way.

Theresa is so fucking ridiculous. Ungrateful delusional freak. Caroline needs to come get That baby because neither of his parents are in their right minds. 

• Love 8

Aw, Eric is so happy he and Nicole can be friends.  STFU, you POS.

Yeah, I can see Theresa moving into the same house as Victor.  Geez, Brady, do you really think Victor would allow that? But Kim has to know that Victor has all the lawyers in the world on his side.

Why is Theresa wearing a mask while holding the baby, but Melanie doesn't need one?

• Love 1

I guess have to wear a mask when holding Tate as Kim had one on when she held him. I remember when Brady was near Tate and didn't have a mask on and neither did Victor and John when Brady introduced Tate to them. I don't understand the circumstances on when you need to wear it and when not to. 

Why is Theresa wearing a mask while holding the baby, but Melanie doesn't need one?

Because Melanie's breath is pure as newly fallen snow and Theresa breathes the air of Mordor into the world.

• Love 11

Thanks to all who have been filling in the history of Kim and Victor, I had no idea they had this history, and it makes his treatment of her even worse.  Isn't the new and improved Victor supposed to be past that shit?

Does Theresa know this back-story?

• Love 1
(edited)

Because having just had her femur tapped for bone marrow she's prone to infection and since she's been giving the baby his feedings I don't have a problem with it.  But yeah, Taterhead should be in the NICU until it's determined his immune system has adapted.  I think I like Theresa better than some of  you, I just wish she'd been given a breather before the plotting but I'm thinking they had to rush it for Melly's departure.  I'd like to see her snark with Vic and watch Kimber's frozen face and Brady's stupor.  Why not.  Ann can be awfully harsh to her friend but at least our Jeannie has one, unlike Nicky.  Sorry, I melted when EJ called her Nicky.

Creepy Clyde has reached new levels of creepiness.  He is going out of his way to be sickeningly charming at the same time. I'm reluctantly admiring it as I did with Nick Felon.

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 3
(edited)

Brady never knew about Victor's past?

Kimberley's acting was good. Her acting matched the intensity of the music.

Theresa should have just told Melanie that she was afraid of her kid inheriting Brady's brains. Crickets would have followed...

Uh, yeah, that blackmailing scheme from Teresa's end is pretty bad, but JL's face is still unusually sweet while doing something like that. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4

I loved seeing the flashback with Kim and Victor. I remember when this happened and how awful and evil Victor was.  It would be great for Brady to learn just exactly what kind of man his grandfather really is.

I can't help it, I just adore Hope and Aiden together.  I love how happy and in love they are.  I think working on Clyde's business is going to make Aiden realize Hope is right about Clyde. I never believed that anything would really happen to Ari when Clyde made his veiled threats, but I think it's possible something could happen to Chase. Maybe a kidnapping or hurt in a mugging. Just Clyde sending a message to Aiden to keep him in line. Not looking forward to Bozo's return.

I think Theresa does love her baby but I don't like seeing her using him as a weapon.  I used to want Brady and Theresa together but now I don't think I do.  I will be happy to see the last of Melanie.

I'm so sick of Serena/Xander/Nicole/Eric.  I don't care who does what to who.

• Love 2

I wish we could get a Victor/Kim/Caroline scene! At one point after Kim and Victor slept together, Kim thought that she and Victor  were father and daughter before Bo was revealed to be his son....Bo was horrified by the revelation and never accepted Victor, till this day...Billie got him to soften a bit when they were together...His dad was always Shawn Brady and named his first son after him...

• Love 3
(edited)

Vic's comments are just unnecessary. Usually I like when he's grouchy but he can tone it down some.

Even I felt bad for Mel today a little bit with Theresa basically confirming that things would be better if she was away. Theresa welcome to the real world when you have kids with a man who's with someone else.

Xander and his constant need to manhandle women is just so disgusting as well. Him and Mr. Rapey can't get off screen fast enough.

This is the Mel I like, the one who is understated, mature, smart.  Too bad that's the one we see the least.

And too bad about Xander but he can leave anytime now.

Why did Eric have to extol  the virtues of the sainted doctor, even when he is mercifully not shown on screen, he gets a mention....Let it go Ken Corday, that asshole will never be on the same level of Bo, Shane, Steve,Roman, John, Justin, and my beloved Jack....Has any character in the history of daytime ever been this deified..Unbelievable!

Only one that I can think of, Ryass Lavery, the ruination of AMC.  Daniel could easily have been grown from a culture created from his toe and asscrack fungus - the resemblance is uncanny.

It's times like this when Victor just seems like a cruel heartless bastard. Considering everything he's done to the Brady family, Kim in Particular, he should really refrain from trashing any of them, and he shouldn't even dare look at Kim the wrong way.

Yep, nothing pretty about Victor and Kimberly's storyline.  But what good actors!  

Aw, Eric is so happy he and Nicole can be friends.  STFU, you POS.

Because Melanie's breath is pure as newly fallen snow and Theresa breathes the air of Mordor into the world.

+1 million

Set this to music!

Creepy Clyde has reached new levels of creepiness.  He is going out of his way to be sickeningly charming at the same time. I'm reluctantly admiring it as I did with Nick Felon.

Didn't he just!  It was wierd enough already, but when he went into that bit about Aiden and his love for his son, and using that as leverage, he upped the creep quotient considerably.

Theresa should have just told Melanie that she was afraid of her kid inheriting Brady's brains. Crickets would have followed...

Uh, yeah, that blackmailing scheme from Teresa's end is pretty bad, but JL's face is still unusually sweet while doing something like that. 

And that is a legitmate worry!  Brady's brain, and Jawn's gas problem.....the child has some serious things to worry about.  

JL does the "sweet evil" look better than just about anyone.

I loved seeing the flashback with Kim and Victor. I remember when this happened and how awful and evil Victor was.  It would be great for Brady to learn just exactly what kind of man his grandfather really is.

I can't help it, I just adore Hope and Aiden together.  I love how happy and in love they are.  I think working on Clyde's business is going to make Aiden realize Hope is right about Clyde. I never believed that anything would really happen to Ari when Clyde made his veiled threats, but I think it's possible something could happen to Chase. Maybe a kidnapping or hurt in a mugging. Just Clyde sending a message to Aiden to keep him in line. Not looking forward to Bozo's return.

I think Theresa does love her baby but I don't like seeing her using him as a weapon.  I used to want Brady and Theresa together but now I don't think I do.  I will be happy to see the last of Melanie.

I agree.  One thing I saw today was how good Melissa Archer COULD have been if Show hadn't put her in such a crappy storyline.  She actually had some life to her, sparring with Xander and her interaction with Eric wasn't bad.  

Great posts, guys!

Edited by boes
  • Love 4
(edited)

Melissa Archer should have been Sarah Horton, does Maggie remember her or Melissa? or is her eggbaby, the only child that she loves and remembers now..Sarah Horton has a bad history with Eve, and they could have played that up with Eve on canvas..Another missed opportunity by Tomsell and company...Mike and Jeremy Horton should be back as well as Bill Horton..I always loved Kate and Bill....The show never really explored that relationship. It is nauseating watching Kate and that Pedophile....James Reade who plays Clyde should have been a recast Bill Horton..His family needs him; Jennifer, Lucas, Abigail, JJ, Will, Arianna....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

We all so hoped MA was coming on as Sarah.  So many more possibilities; instead she got stuck in this dead-end storyline.  It's not her fault her character didn't take off - nobody could have breathed life into it IMO.

I liked Mike Horton.  It would be good to have him back, and kick Dan off his pedestal.  Let Mike be the great doctor, let Dan get a job doing clean up at a nail salon.

Mike might be the best one to bring Jenn back to earth......or is that just impossible at this stage?

• Love 2
(edited)

I generally like Teresa, but she sure is confusing.  Does she really love Tate or is he just a pawn?  Does she actually love Brady or does she just want his wealth and status?  Does she love her mom at all, or is Kim just someone to use and manipulate?  Sometimes it seems like she loves her son, and cares about that lummox Brady, but then ... her and Anne cackle about all of Brady's money, and she's schemed in every single scene she's had with the baby.  Jen Lilley is so damn good, and sometimes I wonder if she's giving her character more layers and emotions than the writers intend.

In other news, Clyde needs to die.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 5

Did anybody get the vibe today that Clyde might not be long for this world? He has drawn up a will and said that he plans on living forever...Plus, he has made another threat against a child, this time it was Aiden's.....I get the impression that once everybody finds out about his threats against Ari, he might get a bullet to the head and I hope it is delivered by Sonny...I think it would be ironic if Sonny left, protecting Ari like Gaby did last year...It would be just like Sonny to sacrifice himself for his family.  It is so obvious that Ben will go dark after he finds out about  the side piece doing what she  does best, being a Dimera plaything....lol It pains me  that Jack's only daughter is so odious and  obnoxious....

I got that impression when Clyde was first introduced. I'm actually surprised he hasn't been murdered yet. Both Stefano and Victor have reasons to want him dead. I don't know if anyone has figured out that he's behind E.J.'s murder, but Victor knows he was behind the attack on Sonny.

• Love 2

I generally like Teresa, but she sure is confusing.  Does she really love Tate or is he just a pawn?  Does she actually love Brady or does she just want his wealth and status?  Does she love her mom at all, or is Kim just someone to use and manipulate?  Sometimes it seems like she loves her son, and cares about that lummox Brady, but then ... her and Anne cackle about all of Brady's money, and she's schemed in every single scene she's had with the baby.  Jen Lilley is so damn good, and sometimes I wonder if she's giving her character more layers and emotions than the writers intend.

If Theresa really loves Brady then I'd like to know when this happened. They never had a real relationship, all they did was have sex and snort thousands of dollars worth of coke. And why does she think forcing Melanie to leave town will help her get Brady? Does she think he'll just decide to be with her because he's lonely? Why would she even want to be with a man who would rather be with someone else. She's becoming delusional and pathetic. Her gold digging isn't appealing to me either. She doesn't have any aspirations other than scheming her way to a payday and getting Brady.

I so hope the writers don't forget about Victor's role in Sonny's stabbing. I want him to be exposed before Sonny leaves. He needs to be taken down a peg because his hatefulness is becoming too much.

• Love 5
(edited)

Thanks to all who have been filling in the history of Kim and Victor, I had no idea they had this history, and it makes his treatment of her even worse.  Isn't the new and improved Victor supposed to be past that shit?

Does Theresa know this back-story?

Theresa doesn't even seem to know her dad is mega rich and she was raised in a wealthy household but yet walk in closets just totally WOW her like she grew up in a double wide in a trailer park in some podunk town. 

I've come to realize why I initially was so against this story to begin with - because I knew it would devolve into that overused soap trope of using a baby to get a man. I absolutely hate it. If there was one thing besides the use of rape as storyline fodder (which is #1 with a bullet on my list of most hated soap SLs) it would be using a baby to hook a man, especially when that man was never shown to have deep feelings, let alone love, his now baby mama. 

Mark this on your calendar: islandgal is officially over Xander and wants him off her screen before Days completely kills my heterosexuality. How do they manage to do this? I wondered how long it would take for them to ruin his character but even I am shocked by how quickly and THOROUGHLY it happened. Days has completely killed the pretty for me and they did so in record time. My expectations were low for Days and yet I am still disappointed. How did we go from such lovely charged flirty endless possiblities between Xanicole to him wanting to frigging kill her? Over the Pier One Elephant that wouldn't die no less. But sad to say the worst of it for me is not even that he wants to kill Nicole (sad as that may sound) but that he doesn't want to harm a hair on Daniel's head. Doesn't want to upset Daniel. Doesn't want Daniel to know he and Nicole had a thing for each other. Oh no Daniel can't be harmed or made to be upset because that would disappoint Uncle Victor. Are you fucking kidding me?@@? Complete frigging misogyny.

I suffered under no delusions that Xander would triumph however, I thought Xander was at least there to give Daniel a bit of a run for his money. The way things were shaping up perhaps even be a bit competitive with him but nope.  He worships at the Jonas altar too and wouldn't want to trouble or harm a hair on his greasy little unkempt head.  

Sad-Deweys-Low-Expectations-Are-Never-Me

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 3

Xander is being ruined so that the sainted doctor can play hero and save Nicole. He will berate her for not heeding his warnings about Xander and for not recognizing his awesomeness.  Xander had so much potential as a leading male on this show. He is going to be sacrificed at the altar of the good doctor.. I wanted Xander and Nicole to hit the sheets all over Salem...It would even be great if Victor caught them at the Kiriakis Mansion...Nicole can bring the heat and she was hot with EJ. Xander should have been Alex Kiriakis, he is desperately needed on canvas...I am resigned to the fact that I am never going to see Sonny interact with his brothers on the show. I just can't with this show and their missed opportunities...No wonder the show is dead last in the ratings race....

• Love 3

Mark this on your calendar: islandgal is officially over Xander and wants him off her screen before Days completely kills my heterosexuality. How do they manage to do this? I wondered how long it would take for them to ruin his character but even I am shocked by how quickly and THOROUGHLY it happened. Days has completely killed the pretty for me and they did so in record time. My expectations were low for Days and yet I am still disappointed. How did we go from such lovely charged flirty endless possiblities between Xanicole to him wanting to frigging kill her? Over the Pier One Elephant that wouldn't die no less. But sad to say the worst of it for me is not even that he wants to kill Nicole (sad as that may sound) but that he doesn't want to harm a hair on Daniel's head. Doesn't want to upset Daniel. Doesn't want Daniel to know he and Nicole had a thing for each other. Oh no Daniel can't be harmed or made to be upset because that would disappoint Uncle Victor. Are you fucking kidding me?@@? Complete frigging misogyny.

I suffered under no delusions that Xander would triumph however, I thought Xander was at least there to give Daniel a bit of a run for his money. The way things were shaping up perhaps even be a bit competitive with him but nope.  He worships at the Jonas altar too and wouldn't want to trouble or harm a hair on his greasy little unkempt head.  

Sad-Deweys-Low-Expectations-Are-Never-Me

Lovely post, islandgal.  I guess we have to be careful what we wish for.  We were barely lamenting the loss of Victor's lovely henchman to Clyde's thugs when we heard the actor was coming back as a Kiriakis.  We got our hopes up that he'd be Sonny's brother - damn the accent problem, full stud steam ahead! - and then we get some neverbeforeheardof relation, a thug, at that, and ONE MORE GUY WHO DOESN'T APPRECIATE NICOLE.  

And Daniel is still slouching around, sucking down valuable oxygen while being worshipped by the brain-dead Salemites.

Oy vey........

• Love 2

Since Melanie is leaving, I don't get the point of making Theresa look like an idiot who will use her baby to keep Brady.  Yeah, it's an over-used soap cliche, but at least if Melanie were staying, I'd sort of get the point of ruining Theresa to make Melanie look good and the one who truly deserves Brady's heart. But she's not staying! So, why???

• Love 4
(edited)

Because Ken Corday wants Theresa and Will to be the new Sami. Sami used Will for years to get men, so Theresa will do the same with Tater-tot....I expect Will to do the same thing down the line with Ari, when it comes to Sonny...Ari  is Sonny's achilles heel...

I have always felt that Theresa should have been a rich entitled party girl that loved drugs, sex and money with a bitchy side. I could see Kim and Shane doting on their children due to the fact that they had gone to hell and back with them when they were babies.Both Andrew's and Jeannie's paternity were in question due to interlopers.  They make it seem that Theresa grew up in a trailer and on welfare..There is no way that they would have been dirt poor...The same goes for Eve, there is no way that Shane would not have provided for Paige...He would have spoiled Paige in a way, that he could not for Eve. He always felt guilty for Eve's bad childhood and not being there for her..So Eve not being able to pay for Stanford has always been contrived and purely plot-driven...Nothing about these characters on this show makes any sense....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1