Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Phew, that was a close one, JJ. But I'm glad they didn't drag that out and belabor it -- and Paige is sure to figure this out in about 2 seconds. I guess thus begins the inevitable, right? Jenn in lioness mode was fun, but Abigail -- for god's sake. She's insufferable. And where did she get those pants that look like 80's rejects?

Theresa was as abrasive as I feared, so the less said the better. 

Poor Chad's a sitting duck for Abigal when she rushes over to talk about herself/console him. 

You have to keep watching until Abifail is finally killed off. Shhh. Let me dream.

What a lovely dream!  What a sad list of presents for Paige--a floral towel-WTF?!  Abs does not look good with that weird hair bun and the outfit was equally hideous.  Doesn't the show remember that she is the most beautiful of all?  :):)

I loved the Eve/Theresa conversation and I hope Theresa truly wants what is best for the baby and to just forget about trying to get Brady back.  I hope that Brady's seeing what an awesome mom she becomes is what makes him fall for her again.  I think that would be lovely and an in your face to Victor, Maggie and the rest of the Horton.  I'd also like to see her and Paul become allies.

• Love 3
(edited)

Show actually DID put Abe and Maxine together for about 2 seconds, and it was nice to see Abe in a storyline all his own, and Maxine doing something other than worshiping at the Shrine of Jonas. But I swear it didn't even last two weeks until we heard Abe say that he and Maxine had decided to stay "just friends". And he was back to wearing the big coat and being the Gladys Kravitz of Salem, and Maxine was back to being Dirty Dan's acolyte.

Such a waste! Abe deserves so much better. Maxine I'm not so sure about - but I wish Show had actually given it a chance.

But how do you go from Lexie to Maxine? He's the police commissioner for god's sake. DOOL is pathetic. Just pair the two black characters together irrespective of class, age or social skills. Ludicrous!

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 2

What makes Brady SO great that every thought and goal of Teresa's is about winning his attention and affection? I don't get it.

When Brady and Theresa were together, I had the impression that she was far more interested in his wallet than she was in him (not that I blame her - I mean, it's Brady. What else does he have going for him?). And she was going to accept a payoff from John to end the marriage. So I hope they're not going to try to retcon this into her being in love with the idiot.

• Love 2
(edited)

Show needed a visit today from Miss Manners - a fully armed and loaded Miss Manners, ready to enforce some good behavior, which was sadly lacking.

I'm sorry to say that JJ has become Jenn's kid and Abigail's brother in every way.  The character I liked is GONE.  Whan that little snipe started mouthing off to Roman the way he did, I was ready to have Roman read him his rights and handcuff the little brat.  Damn!  I LIKED JJ, but he's ruined, completely ruined right now.

I'm not even that fond of Roman these days, but he got the full Deveraux treatment from one and all today - so much for any thanks for handling this himself, trying to give them a heads up.  JJ goes off on him - does this little shit realize he's the Chief of Police?? - like a spoiled little rich kid who thinks his shit doesn't stink.  I could barely tell him apart from Abigail.  If he'd mouthed off like that to cop who didn't know he was "special", he'd have been face down on the floor and cuffed.

And we've got Abigail - who for some reason seems to have found a box of Grampa Horton's old clothes and is now wearing them - sticking her huge head into the conversation, assuring Roman that JJ would NEVER do something like that.  As if she'd even notice JJ, inbetween boinking the Mannequin and breaking into Chad's place.  

Jenn in lioness mode was fun,

I wish I could agree with you, but I can't.  Jenn in lioness mode is the primary reason her kids are such total shits.  She was running all over town, bemoaning how horrible JJ was to everyone when he was into drugs - it's not like she kept a stiff upper lip about it.  So for her to get incensed now that Roman has to take a tip about drugs and JJ seriously seems like her usual entitlement to me.  

I thought there was a chance for JJ, but nah, it's over.  He and his sister are so much their mother's children.  

And then we've got Blowhard Brady and Fishwife Theresa at the hospital.  I am NOT a Sparkle fan, but all the guy did was mistakenly hold his hand out to meet the brother he thought now knew about him.  Instead, Brady launches into his usual rude behavior - remember how he said to Xander, "Who the hell are you?" - I mean, who speaks to people that way, at least people who aren't Jenn's kids?  And for Brady to be the one sitting in judgement is pretty rich, considering his drug use, his lies, his horndog ways and his general friggin' stupidity.

And Theresa - who I LIKE - to come running out and screaming at top screech at Paul for...what reason, again??  To impress Brady?  Why?  I like Theresa but I could stand her to tone it down.  She needs to learn subtle.  Not that she'll need it with Brady, not that bonehead, but it might come in handy with normal people.  If there are any of those currently in Salem....

What a lovely dream!  What a sad list of presents for Paige--a floral towel-WTF?!  Abs does not look good with that weird hair bun and the outfit was equally hideous.  Doesn't the show remember that she is the most beautiful of all?  :):)

Yeah, what a great list of presents, right?  Especially that floral backpack.  I guess Paige can just be thankful they passed on the Hello Kitty.  Now how much you wanna bet they also bought her edible underwear in JJ's favorite flavors?  Because they're just that CLOSE of a family.  Not the word I'd necessarily use....No wonder JJ has become a lost cause.

When Brady and Theresa were together, I had the impression that she was far more interested in his wallet than she was in him (not that I blame her - I mean, it's Brady. What else does he have going for him?). And she was going to accept a payoff from John to end the marriage. So I hope they're not going to try to retcon this into her being in love with the idiot.

I think Show has been edging in the direction of "Theresa Loves Brady" for a while now.  Her jealousy of Mel hasn't been about the money, or at least that's not how they've had Theresa play it.  I guess we can't be that surprised.  Show has all the women in Salem with any brains go after dumb-as-shit, egomaniacal jerks.   Just look at Nicole pining for Dirty Dan, Serena wanting the Little Drummer Boy, and both Mel and Theresa interested in that Pet Rock known as Brady.

But how do you go from Lexie to Maxine? He's the police commissioner for god's sake. DOOL is pathetic. Just pair the two black characters together irrespective of class, age or social skills. Ludicrous!

I agree.  But that's exactly what Show does.  It seemed so lazy to throw Abe and Maxine together, especially since it was obvious they did it simply because of race.  I also think that not giving Abe any sort of story, making him just the town busybody these days is indicative of the same lack of thinking.  It stinks IMO.

Edited by boes
  • Love 3
(edited)

He really is Ryan Lochte level stupid. But Ryan's an Olympian, what does Brady compete in? Failure? Why Victor Kiriakis, how dare you hijack my post! Even if you are entirely correct.

I agree.  But that's exactly what Show does.  It seemed so lazy to throw Abe and Maxine together, especially since it was obvious they did it simply because of race.  I also think that not giving Abe any sort of story, making him just the town busybody these days is indicative of the same lack of thinking.  It stinks IMO.

Truth! I wish they'd bring his son back. That'd give him a story and me a reason to stay awake.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 2
(edited)

...was John a cop in the past?  Was that how he was always telling Abe and the other cops what to do back during the Kristin Rampage of the mid-90s?  Was that his trajectory?  Priest to cop?

When John was first introduced, everyone (including John) thought he was Roman, thanks to Stefano's brainwashing. So he worked as "Roman Brady" of the Salem PD. Later, it was discovered that he wasn't. John Black had been Stefano's pawn -- he was a fake priest and international jewel thief, working with Princess Gina (Hope's doppleganger). Then he became "Roman." Only later did he become the John Black of today. We still don't know who he really is. For a while, he was Forrest Alamein, then he was a DiMiera, but after the last retcon, he's just John Black again.

Edited by plurie
  • Love 1

Why did the writers have Brady refer to Will and Sonny as his friends, when he was going off on Sparkle with Theresa..Will is his nephew and Sonny is his cousin..I don't understand why the writers are scared to say that Wilson are cousins through marriage...

• Love 2

And then we've got Blowhard Brady and Fishwife Theresa at the hospital.  I am NOT a Sparkle fan, but all the guy did was mistakenly hold his hand out to meet the brother he thought now knew about him.  Instead, Brady launches into his usual rude behavior - remember how he said to Xander, "Who the hell are you?" - I mean, who speaks to people that way, at least people who aren't Jenn's kids?  And for Brady to be the one sitting in judgement is pretty rich, considering his drug use, his lies, his horndog ways and his general friggin' stupidity.

And Theresa - who I LIKE - to come running out and screaming at top screech at Paul for...what reason, again??  To impress Brady?  Why?  I like Theresa but I could stand her to tone it down.  She needs to learn subtle.  Not that she'll need it with Brady, not that bonehead, but it might come in handy with normal people.  If there are any of those currently in Salem....

Brady and Theresa going off on Sparkle was funny to me. They were totally in the wrong, but still, fuck Sparkle. Maybe if enough people tell him to go away he'll listen and leave Salem. 

• Love 5

Bye Bye JJ.  You are another victim of the writers.  You had potential, and they wasted it.

If these fools are dumb enough to put Sami with EJ, and have her put up with him walking all over her and ruining her life again, they are stupid enough to do this to Theresa.  Theresa is being wasted on Brady.

• Love 3
(edited)

Bye Bye JJ.  You are another victim of the writers.  You had potential, and they wasted it.

If these fools are dumb enough to put Sami with EJ, and have her put up with him walking all over her and ruining her life again, they are stupid enough to do this to Theresa.  Theresa is being wasted on Brady.

They waste everybody on this show...Once JJ started to sing Daniel's praises on the show, I stopped caring about him. Perhaps Joey will draw out his Johnson genes. JJ and Joey being close could be a nod to Jack and Steve. I think Sonny as a character has not lived up to his full potential...He can be as dynamic as Bo, Patch, Jack were in their prime...He needs to have agency in his own stories..I am tired of Will and Sparkle being in the spotlight..I want Sonny to go dark for a while as he figures out what he wants in life while being a daddy to his little girl...I hope Higley will do that..She loves Sonny like we do....Sonny has been too calm about Sneasel's affair and lies, and too nice to Sparkle for touching his husband. Enough is enough..Sonny is a Johnson/Kiriakis, he should be plotting against those two boneheads. I don't understand why the show wants to keep him as a Mary sue....Freddie can play it....Sonny has shown a bit of his ruthless side when Nick was threatening his family....

Edited by Apprentice79

I took Marlena's comments to be more of Ken Corday and the writers trying to lead the audience.  "Kristen drugging and raping Eric, and stealing Theresa's baby isn't that bad.  She just wanted a child." {face palm}  Kristen and EJ were sadistic psychos and Stefano needs to join them burning in hell.

I took it more as Marlena taking Chad's feelings into consideration. Whether I'm buying it or not, Kristen was his sister, and there were supposedly good feelings/love/whatever there between them. I thought it was rather nice of Marlena.

Phew, that was a close one, JJ. But I'm glad they didn't drag that out and belabor it -- and Paige is sure to figure this out in about 2 seconds. I guess thus begins the inevitable, right? Jenn in lioness mode was fun, but Abigail -- for god's sake. She's insufferable. And where did she get those pants that look like 80's rejects?

I don't know, I kinda like the trip down memory lane when I see Melanie and Abigail wearing my late 80s wardrobe.l have no other use for either of them, though.

• Love 4

I believe Chad would be better off if Marlena didn't sugar coat things about Kristen, and told Chad how it really was.  If Chad keeps listening to Stefano, he is going to end up dead just like all of Stefano's other children.

• Love 5

She is just gross in the way that she is sniffing after him..It wont be long before she is riding his pony..Yuck...Poor Ben..I hope he goes all Clyde on them....The Chabby fans online are going crazy..It is bizarro world..I think Chad had a nice chemistry with Melanie and I think he would set the Tv sets on fire with Theresa....

• Love 4
(edited)

I  think that Theresa and Chad could be a  great dark power couple that EJ and Samie could have been before the rape and all of the ugliness that came with it....They could scheme against everybody, but, each other..I can even imagine Theresa going toe to toe with Stefano. She would have Kim's fearlessness combined with Shane's ingenuity...She can be a force to be reckon with...It would be refreshing to see a woman like Theresa express no interest in being a mom...Until she gets pregnant by accident, and Chad having lost baby Grace wanting her to have that child..That could have been a great storyline to explore with them..I  love it  when couples' problems are internal instead of the tired trope of an interloper trying to break them up...In the end Theresa would stick to her guns and exercise her right  and would terminate the pregnancy..Imagine the fallout from that  decision...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

Corday hated EJ and Sami together and that is the reason for the ugliness that was written for them. Imo he will never allow two dark people together. For example Stefano and Kate are no more as well as Tony and Anna. Again just my opinion.

• Love 3

Abifail's attire made her look weird. 

I hope plastic mannequin kills Abifail or has Clyde do it.

I know Chad is just trying to manipulate Abifail but I wonder if Chad actually understands that everything he's saying about his siblings and Stefano being awful is true. 

Is RoboMar really dumb enough to think those men are really ISA agents? Why did she drink the tea?

• Love 2

Corday won't allow any couple to stay together.  Corday's favorite couple was Dannifer.  I think he is punishing the fans for daring to like characters and couples he doesn't.

Chad would have been better with Theresa, Jordan, hell even Sami, than he will be stuck with the boring twit.  Slappy had no problem dissing Chad when he was involved with Jordan.  Just like she was more than happy to criticize EJ once she realized he was still obsessed with Sami.

• Love 4
(edited)

Tuesday's Recap :)

Mel/Maggie

We start with Mel who's at home on the phone and tells her mom that everything is fine and Maggie comes in and tells Mel that everything isn't fine and she has to see Brady. Mel says she's talking to Brady but that his priority is his child and she appreciates Maggie's help but things have changed now since the baby. Maggie says they have a baby because of Mel and admires her courage for what she did. Mel says she couldn't lie about him having a baby and Maggie says Brady loves Mel and Mel says she should go see him and Maggie is giddy and they both leave.

Brady/Theresa/Dan/Caroline/Mel/Maggie

Brady and Theresa are talking when Dan walks in. Theresa knows Dan looked at the baby but that's it. Brady tells Theresa that Dan is involved in their baby's treatment and Dan says everything is fine for the marrow transplant if they don't have a problem with him being on the case. Brady doesn't have a problem with it but Theresa does. They're now in Dan's office and Dan says the baby needs a surgeon but doesn't have to be him but as soon as the procedure is done the better. Theresa wants to talk to Dan alone for 5 minutes which Brady leaves the office.

Theresa says that her and Brady were comforting each other and it's none of his business, which Dan agrees and Theresa tells him that she doesn't want Dan anywhere near her or the baby. Dan says they can have another surgeon come in. Dan doesn't want to have further discussion with her but Theresa says they are gonna talk and Theresa says she's grateful for Mel but Dan doesn't believe the apology Theresa made towards Mel in the reception area. Dan says he's happy they have their son but his feelings about the situation don't matter and Theresa agrees. Dan says that Mel's feelings do matter a lot which Theresa just walks out.

Maggie and Mel arrive at the hospital and look in the baby room where Brady is. He comes out and hugs Maggie and kisses Mel and talks about getting everything ready for the procedure. Caroline comes in and is happy about her great grandson and she looks through the window and calls the baby precious and she's happy for both Theresa and Brady. Theresa comes up and hugs Caroline and the two are happy and says they owe it to Mel. Dan walks up and Theresa thanks him for being understanding and wants Caroline to see the baby. Theresa and Caroline enter the baby's room which Dan wants Brady to come to his office which Brady wants Mel to come as well.

Dan says he's no longer the surgeon because of Theresa. Maggie needs to speak to Brady and they leave the office. Mel says that Dan is off the case because of her and Dan says he doesn't trust anything Theresa says. Dan says that what Kristen did to Theresa was horrible and doubts Theresa learned from the experience. Mel hopes the baby grows up happy and safe regardless of what happens to Theresa.

Meanwhile Theresa and Caroline leave the baby's room to join Brady, Mel, & Maggie. Caroline can't wait to babysit and how her and Brady are gonna have a nice long talk. Caroline leaves. Nurse approaches Theresa and tells her that they're ready to get paperwork started on checking Theresa into the hospital to do the procedure, Theresa walks to the desk. Brady tells Mel he needs to talk to her which Dan says that they can use his office as he's off duty and that he'll take Maggie home as Theresa looks at Brady and Mel walk off. 

Brady thanks Mel for being supportive and how it means a lot. They hug and outside Theresa is eavesdropping. Brady tells Mel that he loves her and how that won't change. They kiss and Theresa doesn't look happy. 

Abby/Jen

Abby says she has to see Chad and is about to leave but Jen tells her wait. Jen says that someone should go with Abby to see Chad. Abby thinks Jen doesn't trust her with Chad and thinks that Chad will come on to her. Jen denies it and Abby says she knows how to deal with Chad and knows how to deal with men as she's not naive and will never be that person again. Jen says she's convinced but grief stricken Chad isn't anything to who Chad really is. Abby wants to console Chad because it's the right thing to do since he's lost siblings back to back and tells Jen not to worry and leaves.

Chad/Stefano/Abby

Stefano is on the phone and tells him he has terrible news and Chad tells Stefano that Mar told him everything. Chad says it sounds like Kristen lost it and all he has to go on since Stefano didn't tell him anything. Stefano says he'll be in touch and hangs up.

Abby enters and Chad wants to know what Abby wants now and Abby tells him she found out about Kristen and apologizes and Chad says DiMera curse strikes again. Abby says Chad knew about Kristen's death when she was there before and why he didn't tell her and Chad said what would she had done and Abby says she would be a friend and how Sonny would have been there but Ari is sick and can't be there. Chad figures out that Abby told Sonny which Abby confirms. Abby says that Chad been through so much and he needs friends. Chad says she's right that he does need his friends considering the family he's got or better yet family he's had. He talks about EJ and how he's ruined lives and hired a hitman to kill Nick and how Kristen is certifiable but the guy who turned his siblings into fine citizens and how Stefano is now gonna focus on him. Abby says Chad isn't like them but Chad says he doesn't know and Abby hugs him. 

Stefano is still staring out the window with alcohol and classical music playing.

Chad apologizes and they talk about Kristen some more. Abby says that he doesn't have to worry about turning out like Kristen as it will never happen because he's a good man and he can fight Stefano's influence because she knows he can. Chad kisses her which Abby doesn't fight and kisses him back. 

Stefano is now sitting on the couch drinking his alcohol and listening to classical music as he stares at the window again.

Chad and Abby remove each other's clothes but Abby says they can't do it. Chad goes for another kiss and Abby says no and says she came there as his friend and that it's her fault and she grabs her purse and runs out.

Marlena

Marlena wants the men to get out of her way and one of them tells her that they can't do that. The men are there to talk about Italy and Mar says she'll call her lawyer but they prevent her as time is of the essence. Two men walk her out and the third looks around before leaving.

Marlena wants to know why she's on a plane and guy says a quick trip and Mar says she has a right to an attorney which guy says no she doesn't, more chit chat about talking about Kristen. Mar says she'll answer whatever question he has which guy now gets on the phone and says ready for take off. The guy hands Mar some tea which she drinks and the guy looking at her.

Eve/Cole/Paige/Jen

Paige wants to know why Cole is at Eve's house and tells him that she sent him the notice about the finals and asks if it's about JJ. Cole said his file is corrupted and why he didn't receive her text message and Cole doesn't know why him being at Eve's apartment had anything to do with JJ. Paige texts the notes back to Cole and tells what happened to JJ but nothing happened and it was a hoax. Cole thanks her and leaves. Paige wants to know how Cole was when he got there, which Eve evades by talking about JJ as Eve says something serious they need to talk about. Eve tells her about the Theresa story in Italy. Paige wants to know if Cole was there for her notes and Eve says she barely knows him and probably used it as an excuse to see her. Paige wants to know why he came to Eve instead of the dorms which Eve doesn't know why and Eve says they have to be there for Theresa instead. They laugh a little over Theresa not knowing what to buy for the baby.

Paige wants to tell her what went down with JJ and asks if Eve wants to know. Paige tells Eve the story but Eve said everything worked out so everything is fine. Eve said she'll do the shopping thing and Paige can work on her finals and they can celebrate later. Paige leaves. Eve calls Cole an idiot and has to do everything herself and that something has to be taken care of.

Eve is at the park and calls Cole on the  disposable phone which Cole is at TBD and Eve hopes that Cole covered his tracks as he can go to jail and not JJ. Eve says that Cole better not threaten her as she recorded everything between her and Cole and how she can protect herself to where he would get in trouble and not her. Eve also tells Cole that they're now officially D-O-N-E and to never contact her again. Eve hangs up the phone and wipes her prints off and throws it in the trash. She's about to leave when she's approached by Jen.

Jen wants to know if Eve knows what happened to JJ which Eve says that Paige told her and that her focus is on Theresa and the baby. Eve talks about Theresa having a second chance and how she should find it in her heart to do the same with JJ and give him a second chance provided Jen and JJ can do the same for her and how it's the only way they can move on with Jen giving a skeptical look.

JJ/Rory/Jen/Paige

JJ thinks Eve did it and is ruining his life. Knock at the door and it's Rory who asks JJ what's wrong and JJ drags him in the house and pulls out the weed and says this is what's the problem. Rory calls the drug the motherlode and Rory thinks it's a waste and JJ tells him that he's being set up and his prints are on it. JJ calls Eve a psycho and Rory says that it may be Cole. Rory says it could be Cole or it could be Roxanne as well. JJ tells her he has to get rid of it and about to leave he opens the door to see Jen there and she asks did something else happened.

JJ says it's nothing as he was just talking to Rory about what happened. Jen wants to talk to JJ alone and it's Rory's queue to leave which he does. Jen says she's been thinking about the prank and who did it and why and thought Eve's prints were all over it but Eve wouldn't go that far and feels it's not some innocent prank and JJ tells her to stop as he has to tell her something. JJ says he knows that he loves Jen and how she's been in his corner and had his back and how he won't be with Paige because of her and he won't forget it which Jen says thank you. He knows Jen doesn't like keeping it a secret but Jen is happy they're together but wants to know who would want to do that to him. JJ says it's a jerk and they both can figure out who did it and JJ says he'll do it himself, they hug and JJ leaves. Outside JJ says Jen can't stop Eve but he can.

JJ is now at the park as Paige comes as she got his text to meet him there. JJ tells her he had drugs on him and how he threw it away as with his record he could be in trouble. Paige knows that Cole did it which she explains how Cole could have done it and she's upset and she's gonna get in Cole's face and JJ tells her that she's not. JJ tells her he wants to handle it on his own and Paige thinks what if Cole does something else which JJ says he can handle it and he may not do anything. Paige doesn't want Cole to get away with it but JJ calms her down by focusing on finals. Paige has to go and meet Daphne, hugs JJ and glad that things are about to be over which JJ says it will be. 

Paige is at TBD and wonders why JJ won't confront Cole.

JJ arrives home and talks to himself about not confronting Cole as it might tip Paige off on what happened between JJ and Eve and how all this needs to end once and for all.

----------------------------------------------------------

Jar Jar continues to win the Stupid Bitch Award. Really, she knows how to handle men, LMAO. She knows how to handle men when EJ dropped her like a slut's panties, Cameron easily gave her up, and Chad can play her like a damn fiddle. She can handle Mannequin because mannequins aren't real, they're inanimate objects. She can handle men yet lets Chad kiss her and almost get her clothes off. Jar Jar stick to what you know how to handle which are your tentacles and flea collar treatments.

Who the fuck told Jar Jar to tell Sonny about what happened? A gossipy little bitch, I'm sure Chad would have told Sonny when he's ready. Damn bitch, can Chad grieve for a second as he just got the news, but not in Jar Jar's world. She's certain she did the right thing by having diarrhea of the mouth and telling Sonny something she had no business telling. Why don't she just write it on a billboard. 

Look at Dark Roast tattling cause Theresa doesn't want him to be the surgeon. He's all heartbroken isn't he because everyone doesn't see him as The Miracle Doctor. How much y'all wanna bet that the new surgeon can't make it because he's stuck in traffic, plane delayed, he's sick, or any other excuse so that they have no choice but to use Dark Roast?

Stephono, Miss Rapey isn't gonna crawl back through that window, so stop staring at it. It's called a One Way Trip for a reason, what happend to Rapey isn't a Roundtrip lol. 

RoboMar really, gonna drink tea from a stranger and get on a damn plane with strangers. No, no, I would have called my attorney. She's so stupid, maybe she hit the "Turn Off Human Brain Switch" in the back of her circuit or something. You know how robots can malfunction at certain points. 

Theresa girl you can do better than Dumbass Brady. IDK why people think children changes everything because in reality they don't. Only thing they change is you being permanently linked to someone for the rest of your life. It's not like you're linked to Hugh Jackman or somebody. That's somebody you can be proud to be linked to, not Brady. You don't want people knowing you conceived a child with someone who's possibly the last of the Dodo Birds. 

Nice seeing Rory again, I was missing him for quite a bit. 

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 5

Corday won't allow any couple to stay together.  Corday's favorite couple was Dannifer.  I think he is punishing the fans for daring to like characters and couples he doesn't.

Chad would have been better with Theresa, Jordan, hell even Sami, than he will be stuck with the boring twit.  Slappy had no problem dissing Chad when he was involved with Jordan.  Just like she was more than happy to criticize EJ once she realized he was still obsessed with Sami.

Yes when did slappy side piece realize chad was a good man. When before he ruined her life.

• Love 1
(edited)

I took it more as Marlena taking Chad's feelings into consideration. Whether I'm buying it or not, Kristen was his sister, and there were supposedly good feelings/love/whatever there between them. I thought it was rather nice of Marlena.

Yes, this is what I saw, too, and I didn't take it as a way to explain away the whole schmear of Kristen's transgressions  -- more how desperate she was for that baby. 

Edited by Lastwaltz
  • Love 7

Do they film a bunch of scenes and then plunk them into a show and hope the timeline makes sense?  I know people hop around town at the speed normal people go to another room in their house, but today Jenn showing up home when she was at the town square(?) in the previous scene seemed more off than usual.

Did they drop the Alzheimer's storyline with Caroline?  I love the actress and don't want them to have to write her out of the show, but for someone with memory issues, she sure seems on top of the latest happenings.

Has May sweeps started yet?   Because if today's ending which I barely remember (JJ mumbling to himself) is sweeps, I somehow can't see ratings going through the roof.

• Love 2

The reason Jacosta got home fast is because she has that Go Go Gadget Hat, it's tucked away in that hair of hers.

Inspector_gadget_by_JaimeMolina.png

Y'all know this is how she gets around while everyone else in Salem has that Go Go Gadget Car, that's how they're able to bounce from place to place:

gadget-car-o.gif

• Love 2
(edited)

The reason Jacosta got home fast is because she has that Go Go Gadget Hat, it's tucked away in that hair of hers.

Inspector_gadget_by_JaimeMolina.png

Y'all know this is how she gets around while everyone else in Salem has that Go Go Gadget Car, that's how they're able to bounce from place to place:

Wardrobe should steal this from you, Shadow!  I think Jenn would look so natural in a hat like this.

Edited by boes
  • Love 2

Why is Maggie's dumbass selling Melanie a dream that Brady actually loves & wants her? Melanie can't do anything for Brady that Theresa hasn't already done. Theresa gave him is first born & nothing Melanie does will ever change that Why can't Melanie just accept that she was nothing more than a warm hole for Brady. Brady is right by his baby's mother side where he should be. Just accept defeat & get the hell out of Salem

Wow, Stefano has finally started hiring American goons.  Thanks for affirmative action.

Abigail knows how to deal with any man.  Obviously.  All she has to do is flash her vajayjay.

At least they make Paige smart enough to see through plots that others can't see.  I just wish she could see through Eve and JJ sleeping together,

• Love 3
Do they film a bunch of scenes and then plunk them into a show and hope the timeline makes sense?

Um....yes.  Without any behind the scenes info, I still say: definitely yes.  There's little cohesion to this show and all the scenes are filmed to end the same way, with a startling questions hovering in the air!

Wow, Stefano has finally started hiring American goons.  Thanks for affirmative action.

But they didn't even look threatening.  It seemed like Marlena was going to be asked to go over her taxes or something...

Can I ask: how on earth did Dan go from sleeping with Brady's ex-fiancee Kristin to allowing his daughter to bang Brady?  Those two take GF-swapping to an uncomfortable place...

Why is Maggie's dumbass selling Melanie a dream that Brady actually loves & wants her? Melanie can't do anything for Brady that Theresa hasn't already done. Theresa gave him is first born & nothing Melanie does will ever change that Why can't Melanie just accept that she was nothing more than a warm hole for Brady. Brady is right by his baby's mother side where he should be. Just accept defeat & get the hell out of Salem

LOL.

I never bought them as a couple she's just too childish and cutesy and twee. And he's the male version of an airhead but into sex and drugs and manhandling women so a bimbo with a dark side. They had no sexual heat.

The main thing I took away was Maggie's hair was extra stupid today. That has to be a wig. But still what a horrid look. How many orangutans died in vain to provide her with that style? And she must go though Aquanet by the Costco case weekly.

• Love 5

I'm worried about what horrible SL Sami is going to get stuck in when she returns to Salem.  The good parts of 2014 were Sami/Kate working together and Sami leaving the Dimera House of Horrors without the freaking urn with the fake ashes.

Poor BF/Chad got stuck in the awful SL James Scott said hell no to.

I hate that Theresa is now tied to that idiot Brady.

Marlena should have taken notes from Sami on how to deal with Stefano's hitmen.  Shoot them.  Oh that's right, Sami actually hits what she aims at, Marlena not so much.

• Love 8

Do they film a bunch of scenes and then plunk them into a show and hope the timeline makes sense?  I know people hop around town at the speed normal people go to another room in their house, but today Jenn showing up home when she was at the town square(?) in the previous scene seemed more off than usual.

Did they drop the Alzheimer's storyline with Caroline?  I love the actress and don't want them to have to write her out of the show, but for someone with memory issues, she sure seems on top of the latest happenings.

Has May sweeps started yet?   Because if today's ending which I barely remember (JJ mumbling to himself) is sweeps, I somehow can't see ratings going through the roof.

The week that ended May 1 was the first week of sweeps, I believe. So, yeah, I don't think the budget will be going up this year.

• Love 1
(edited)

Best part of Show today was Caroline.  That's it.  But no matter, at least we got that.  Peggy McKay is such a pro and for me at least, seeing her is such a treat.  I always believe in her character, and I believe in her character's motivations and sincerity.  Having her and Maggie in the same scene does no favors to Maggie.  

It was painful enough to listen to her give Mel that pep talk earlier, but when she punctuated it with that high-pitched girlish giggle.....no wonder Victor is in a bad mood these days.  

I'm counting the days until Kim shows up.  Show needs a few more GOOD actors to balance out the others.

I salute Chad for being able to fake finding Abigail attractive, because this Wally Cox drag she's been dressed in these days would even make her blow-up doll Ben deflate.  She looks like she got dressed in the dark from a Goodwill drop-off box.

Jenn might want to stop being so bitchy-sweet to Rory, since he's actually the only real friend JJ has.  He might be a bit of a goof, but he's not out to hurt her kid, or manipulate him, or tell him being a lying jackass is a good idea.  Oh, I almost forgot - those are things only his FAMILY get to do.  Cuz they love him.

Paige has been looking better lately.   Could she be perking up because she knows that soon she'll be able to dump these losers?

I liked Theresa kicking Dirty Dan to the curb.  Even if she thought he was just the BEST, who on earth would want such a dirtbag operating on their kid?

And how about the hospital hiring a few more docs, anyway?  Right now Daniel performs emergency appendectomies, does orthopedic surgery, heart surgery, hemorrhoidectomies (but only on family and friends - hence Maggie's constant smile), and probably cleans teeth.  It would be great if added vasectomies to his skill set - God knows Salem needs those desperately - and maybe perform an emergency one on himself?

Poor Mar.  Shouldn't she have had at least an idea when these three oddly tall guys showed up they might mean bad news?

Mars%20kidnappers.jpg

But maybe she's been with Jawn so long she can no longer easily recognize when the UnDead come a-calling.

And poor Stephono - right?  All that sad musak, and all that wind blowing in that broken window that looks out on vineyards, mountains, valleys, and ohyeah, a 500 foot drop to a bay.  

They say Italy has everything, and apparently ALL of it is right outside that window!

Edited by boes
  • Love 10

How did I lose the quote thingy? 

The main thing I took away was Maggie's hair was extra stupid today. That has to be a wig. But still what a horrid look. How many orangutans died in vain to provide her with that style? And she must go though Aquanet by the Costco case weekly.

The thought that personally horrifies me is that the carpet might match the drapes.  Hairspray and all.

• Love 2

The thought that personally horrifies me is that the carpet might match the drapes.  Hairspray and all.

And now we REALLY know why Victor is so cranky - and so scratchy.  

He must use Bonds Gold Medicated Powder by the truckful since he married Maggie.

• Love 2

Something that occurred to me.  Abigail told Chad that Sonny would have been there to console him over the death of Kristen, but he couldn't because Ari is sick and Will is out of town.  So his daughter being sick enough to mean her father had to stay home didn't convince Will to come home?

• Love 5

I hate how Brady seems to be making decisions about the baby's medical plan without consulting Theresa first. He should have told her (texted or called) about the baby undergoing a second series of tests. He also should have waited to discuss Daniel being part of the medical team. Even without being Melanie's father, Daniel is the worst choice ever because of his past beef with Theresa. For as much talk about how untrustworthy Theresa is, I wouldn't trust Daniel with my life. He is a worse doctor than I thought if he couldn't see a conflict of interest in performing the operation.Where is Kayla?

Daniel, Maggie, and Melanie standing in judgment of Theresa today was too much for me. They act like she planned for her baby to be stolen from her. I also disliked seeing Melanie and Maggie in the background when Caroline was meeting the baby for the first time. Am I supposed to feel sorry for Melanie that Theresa had a moment with her grandmother?

I don't know how Melanie could act in this situation to make me like her but her constant mopey face is grating.

I wish the writers would surprise us and have Theresa focus on the Christopher instead of trying to get back with Brady. Prove Daniel, Melanie, and Maggie wrong. My big wish would be for Theresa to be completely disinterested in Brady other than as a coparent.

• Love 8

I'm really tardy for the party on this, but I liked that JJ applied to San Jose State and was supportive of Paige's want to go to Stanford. It was smart and considerate planning, even if it was for completely selfish reasons. It would be a nice gesture if he wasn't trying to cover up an affair with her mom.

Other then that, JJ continues to be awful. He doesn't deserve friends based on how he treats Rory. He must have learned his people skills from watching his mom and Daniel interact with others and each other.

• Love 5

Have Theresa and Brady had a conversation as to where the baby is going to live? Are they going to "compromise" and have Theresa move in the Kiriakis mansion with the baby? Because I don't know if my heart can take  her being subjected to Victor's ire every day, much as I otherwise enjoy the old bastard.

• Love 3
(edited)

I didn't get why Abigail was putting in an explanation for Sonny. Wouldn't Sonny just explain when he sees Chad the next time? 

How did Abigail even have the time to explain to Sonny what was going on in-between the time she was talking to Jennifer and dashing off to Dimera Casa. She must have been talking on her cell phone while driving! Tsk...tsk...tsk...

What is up with Daniels's face? Is he directed to look all squinty like that all the time? Just for that alone, I wouldn't want him to be my baby's surgeon...

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2
(edited)

Show actually DID put Abe and Maxine together for about 2 seconds, and it was nice to see Abe in  a storyline all his own, and Maxine doing something other than worshiping at the Shrine of Jonas.  But I swear it didn't even last two weeks until we heard Abe say that he and Maxine had decided to stay "just friends".  And he was back to wearing the big coat and being the Gladys Kravitz of Salem, and Maxine was back to being Dirty Dan's acolyte. 

Such a waste!  Abe deserves so much better.  Maxine I'm not so sure about - but I wish Show had actually given it a chance.

The actress who plays Maxine was on Scrubs for years (also playing a nurse) and has great comedic timing. I wish the show had given it a chance, too. Even more so, I wish the show would try out Abe and Kayla.

Who the fuck told Jar Jar to tell Sonny about what happened? A gossipy little bitch, I'm sure Chad would have told Sonny when he's ready. Damn bitch, can Chad grieve for a second as he just got the news, but not in Jar Jar's world. She's certain she did the right thing by having diarrhea of the mouth and telling Sonny something she had no business telling. Why don't she just write it on a billboard. 

I don't think there's anything wrong with Abigail calling her own cousin, who she knows is Chad's friend and business partner, to tell him that Chad's sister died (at the hand of Sonny's husband's grandmother, albeit by accident). She didn't call to gossip about an affair or something. Calling family members to inform them of a death is a normal thing, in my opinion. I would imagine she also called Sonny, because she reconsidered Jennifer's advice not to go see Chad alone.

Brady and Melanie have always kind of had a thing for each other. It looked like the show was going to get them together a few years ago, and then they brought on that stupid Dario. I think they do love each other.

I hate how Brady seems to be making decisions about the baby's medical plan without consulting Theresa first. He should have told her (texted or called) about the baby undergoing a second series of tests. He also should have waited to discuss Daniel being part of the medical team. Even without being Melanie's father, Daniel is the worst choice ever because of his past beef with Theresa. For as much talk about how untrustworthy Theresa is, I wouldn't trust Daniel with my life. He is a worse doctor than I thought if he couldn't see a conflict of interest in performing the operation.Where is Kayla?

Daniel, Maggie, and Melanie standing in judgment of Theresa today was too much for me. They act like she planned for her baby to be stolen from her. I also disliked seeing Melanie and Maggie in the background when Caroline was meeting the baby for the first time. Am I supposed to feel sorry for Melanie that Theresa had a moment with her grandmother?

I don't know how Melanie could act in this situation to make me like her but her constant mopey face is grating.

I completely agree about Dan -- that it would be inappropriate for him to care for Theresa's child, and for that matter, for Brady's child -- for the flip side of the same reason. He's too emotionally involved with both parents. It would be inappropriate for Kayla to treat the child, too. She's his great-aunt. It would be nice if she'd come meet the baby, though. They probably can't afford to have her on. It's so sad what's happened to the soaps.

I think they've had Melanie in the background, watching, to set up her leaving the show. I think she's going to decide to leave town, to give Brady's child a chance at what she never had -- an opportunity to grow up with his parents. 

Edited by General Days
  • Love 5