Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I just can't with Lucas, Sonny's mother, and Justin. I've always liked Lucas but now they're turning him into an asshole. After everything he's been through with Chloe, Carrie, and Sami I just can't believe he's acting like this. Sonny's mother was a loud shrew as usual. As for Justin, I just...UGH. He was one of the very few rational, normal people in Salem and now in the span of a few episodes he's become another overbearing annoying piece of shit parent. All three of these freaks need a big helping dose of STFU.

Why is Sparkles dumb useless mother still here?

I don't understand what the writers are going for with Clyde. It seemed like they wanted us to forget that he's a child abusing pedophile and then today they have him acting like creep with Ari.

Why didn't Will just tell Sonny that he was practically being forced to write the article on the hillbilly? Zoe didn't exactly sound like she was giving him much of a choice and then there's Clyde's not so subtle threats.

• Love 6
(edited)

Clyde also threatened Ciara. Victor and kate have unleashed a plague on Salem...I would love the vanquishing of Clyde leads to the reunion of  Kate and Victor...They were at their best with each other...Philip needs to come back and assist them..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

I avoid spoilers so maybe I'm missing something but what's with all the talk about Ari being hurt or killed?  I don't think anyone really sees that happening.

I actually don't have a problem with Lucas's behavior.  Justin's being just horrible all around and JE looked like she'd really been crying.  So what if they want to go out to dinner.  But she'd better find some other living arrangements.  As it is she avoids Naggie and Vic to the point I forgot she lived there.

Dammit I have to give some respect for Creepy creeping the creep out of me with Baby Ari.  Nick was good like that too.  Yes Kate, he did threaten Will.  I was pissed at Will for even letting him in  with the baby in his arms.

• Love 2

Wait a minute -- I thought Victor threw Sonny's mother out of the house! Wtf is she doing still living there? Does she have no pride at all?!?

And what does she DO with her time, anyway? She doesn't have a job, isn't involved in charity work, isn't keeping a home or raising a child... how does she justify the oxygen she uses up?

• Love 4

Does she have no pride at all?!?

No.

And what does she DO with her time, anyway? She doesn't have a job, isn't involved in charity work, isn't keeping a home or raising a child... how does she justify the oxygen she uses up?

She provides wise wisdom and guidance to Sonny.  I wonder if his siblings are also treated to their mother's special brand of mothering or if he's the only lucky recipient.

• Love 4

I avoid spoilers so maybe I'm missing something but what's with all the talk about Ari being hurt or killed?  I don't think anyone really sees that happening.

[...]

Dammit I have to give some respect for Creepy creeping the creep out of me with Baby Ari.  Nick was good like that too.  Yes Kate, he did threaten Will.  I was pissed at Will for even letting him in  with the baby in his arms.

No, we're just speculating based on what's going on on screen.

I need to thumbs up the whole page today. 

It's infuriating to watch my favorite characters about to implode. Nicole's about to lose Daniel because she can't stay out of her own way. Kate is getting set up to take a huge fall any other version of Kate would have seen coming. JJ's headed for a complete breakdown this time, and Melanie's leaving town soon, anyway. 

I both hated Aderienne's dress thing and thought she looked beautiful at the same time. 

• Love 3

Daniel isn't a loss.  Nicole will be better off without him.  Just like Sami is better off now that EJ is dead.

I'm not liking Justin at the moment and that makes me sad.  They weren't spending much time together?  Seriously?  I just can't with these people, and all their stupid excuses for why their cheating is no big deal.

I hope Sami gives Kate and Marlena shooting lessons, and they kill Clyde and Stefano.

• Love 10

JE looked like she'd really been crying.

JE has always been a champion crier.

I'm indifferent to Lucas/Adrienne, although I do think Justin is ridiculous - but I'm happy that JE is finally getting something to play that has layers to it. DAYS has been wasting her for so long.

• Love 4
(edited)

My opinion has nothing to do with today's show, but it's something that's been bothering me for some time -- I find the timing of Lucas and Adrienne's sleeping together a little irritating. It's not so much that they slept together but that they slept together while their children are dealing with their own infidelity situation that I find annoying. I don't expect them to be all up in Sonny's and Will's business, but a lot of parents get stressed seeing their kids have marital problems, particularly when the problems involve cheating  -- I don't think sleeping with the in-laws of either child's side generally strikes parents of the troubled married couple at that particular time.  I mean, really? Who does that? The timing of this particular set of relations is almost as weird to me as when EJ and Sami slept together during grief sex. At least in EJami's case, they're considered to be ultra-weird people. Lucas and Adrienne are supposed to be normal...

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

There was one scene yesterday in Lucas's hotel room (which, weird) when Adrienne's diamond and wedding rings were shining -- I thought, at least take them off when you're with the other guy. Although I also believe she felt that her marriage was over at the time, take your rings off as if you mean it, woman. I actually like them together, but I think that's because Judi Evans has been so good in her role. 

• Love 3

My opinion has nothing to do with today's show, but it's something that's been bothering me for some time -- I find the timing of Lucas and Adrienne's sleeping together a little irritating. It's not so much that they slept together but that they slept together while their children are dealing with their own infidelity situation that I find annoying. I don't expect them to be all up in Sonny's and Will's business, but a lot of parents get stressed seeing their kids have marital problems, particularly when the problems involve cheating  -- I don't think sleeping with the in-laws of either child's side generally strikes parents of the troubled married couple at that particular time.  I mean, really? Who does that? The timing of this particular set of relations is almost as weird to me as when EJ and Sami slept together during grief sex. At least in EJami's case, they're considered to be ultra-weird people. Lucas and Adrienne are supposed to be normal...

Sonny's mother is considered normal?

• Love 2

I thought Adrienne was awesome yesterday. I think we can all see it coming that Justin's cheating story was a cover for something else, but for all Adrienne knows, it's still the truth, and Justin did effectively walk out of their marriage (and even if he didn't cheat, he still bears the responsibility for that). I like that she owned her cheating and that she neither whined nor begged for forgiveness. And also that she had the maturity to end the discussion before it got really ugly. This is the Adrienne that I used to love!

• Love 7
(edited)

My whole problem with the storyline is another infidelity story..Do these writers not know how to write conflict between couples besides cheating? Plus. Lucas is going to get hurt again. We all know that Justin and Adrienne will get back together... Why can't Lucas  get a love interest that only has eyes for him? I want Lucas to really stick it to Kate...I am appalled that she  is with that pedophile.....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

You're kicking ass at those recaps ShadowSixx I really appreciate it since I missed yesterday.

So true.  Your recaps are better than Show, ShadowSixx.  I watched it yesterday and had a much better time reading your recap.  Thanks for doing these - that's a LOT of work!

I thought Adrienne was awesome yesterday. I think we can all see it coming that Justin's cheating story was a cover for something else, but for all Adrienne knows, it's still the truth, and Justin did effectively walk out of their marriage (and even if he didn't cheat, he still bears the responsibility for that). I like that she owned her cheating and that she neither whined nor begged for forgiveness. And also that she had the maturity to end the discussion before it got really ugly. This is the Adrienne that I used to love!

I really enjoyed both the writing for those scenes and the acting and I can't remember the last time I put those two items in the plus column.  History and motivation were referenced, and we got to see three veteran characters portrayed by good actors in layered scenes.  That's pretty good in my book.

Putting those scenes together with Clyde's creepiness and Kate's cluelessness and all I was missing was Pop-Up Victor.

It made the pointlessness of Jawn and Tori bearable. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Kate being clueless about Clyde is out of character. After being involved with Curtis, Stefano and Victor. She should be able to spot a sleazy pervert like Clyde...She has to know on some level that he threatened Will and she took his word that he and Will came to an understanding about the article...Give me a break! Kate being weak over a man is so stupid and unbelievable..Especially a hick like Clyde...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5
(edited)

She is a treasure! she is truly talented at that age....She loves her onscreen daddies..She makes Wilson believable as a family...I hope Sonny or Kate is around to witness Ari's discomfort around Clyde..I can see Sonny questioning Will about that..It would even be better if Jordan was around to see that..It could have motivated her to expose Clyde's perversion to the world..People like Clyde win, when their victims stay quiet...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

You know what Will I want to see? The one in that picture of him, Arianna, and Sonny that they showed yesterday. He looked like he was having fun and it was a really sweet picture. Clearly, it wasn't taken in character!

• Love 1
(edited)
JE has always been a champion crier.

In the final episode of Another World (RIP), they even wrote in a joke where the other residents of Bay City offer Paulina (JE's character) tissues at a wedding because they know she'll be bawling.  So meta and cute.

I both hated Aderienne's dress thing and thought she looked beautiful at the same time.

The makeup and wardrobe people on DAYS have generally been unkind to Judi these last few years, but I immediately noticed a change yesterday.  I think it was the shade of pink of her top and that they put some pink on her cheeks as well.  Color-wise she looked younger and fresher.  But yes, the actual cut of the top was strange.

I'm happy that JE is finally getting something to play that has layers to it. DAYS has been wasting her for so long.

LIKEWISE.  Judi has tons of charm and wit and appeal.  She's so natural.  I'm amazed she's managed to stick around DAYS at all given how awkward and grating this character is.  I'm looking forward to seeing her out of this triangle and just being a decent, fun, functional person (because that's likely on this show - ha!)

They have in the past.

Aaaaand there goes my appetite.  I really wish they had cut about four months of Clyde's tenure down and sped through his story before he ended up bedding Kate.  That's nasty as HELL.  I hope we get a full scene of Kate just repeatedly beating him to death with a baseball bat.  I wasn't watching until ED came back so I have no clue how they even managed to write Jordan out and get Ken Doll all chummy with Daddy.

It's just baffling for a show that prized EJ so much to let his killer walk around for a YEAR being a legit part of the ensemble.  Didn't they think EJ fans would want Clyde caught and punished relatively quickly?

I don't think sleeping with the in-laws of either child's side generally strikes parents of the troubled married couple at that particular time.  I mean, really? Who does that?

Characters that are being forced into a front-burner storyline by inept writers who don't care about maintaining their integrity?  Yeah, I can't understanding why those chose to weave these two storylines together.  How does it benefit the narrative at all?  How do these stories compliment each other?

I know nothing about Justin and Adrienne's history, but the way Kate tore Adrienne to shreds over getting involved with Lucas made it seem like even the writers knew this storyline was a joke.  They're not going to split up Adrienne and her longtime love so close to the Anniversary (where they'll try to celebrate the best loved couples, naturally).  So...why bother with this?  I loved that Kate herself seemed to just march in and call out this inane storyline with a laugh.

Kate has become my favourite character.  I think the actress is so consistent and compelling and plays a variety of emotions where others don't.  And it helps that she hasn't been torn down by crappy writing the way the others have.  Between teaming up with Sami and then Chad and caring for Lucas and showing regard for family in general, I think Kate may be the only character to emerge from these dark years unscathed.  Am I wrong?

I like that she owned her cheating and that she neither whined nor begged for forgiveness. And also that she had the maturity to end the discussion before it got really ugly. This is the Adrienne that I used to love!

I was also pleasantly surprised that she and Justin didn't start tossing out the nastiest insults the writers could think up.  Finally - a semi-mature adult response to conflict!  How rare are those on DAYS?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3

Yes! I always say to myself when characters get into a circular, heated discussion -- just leave! My real life changed once I gave myself permission to lift myself out of an uncomfortable situation until cooler heads prevailed -- however, I'm not living in a soap opera, thank god. 

• Love 1
(edited)

You know what Will I want to see? The one in that picture of him, Arianna, and Sonny that they showed yesterday. He looked like he was having fun and it was a really sweet picture. Clearly, it wasn't taken in character!

Agreed! It's a shame they don't let Will be like Guy- Gys is hilarious, sweet, and adorable. Will... WIll is none of those things

Edited by chassiecrane

I agree. Guy is very charming off screen and I love his friendship with Freddie..He was going crazy when Freddie won his Emmy. I think it is funny that Freddie and Chandler had more chemistry as Wilson than Guy, but they are not friends at all...lol They remind me of Kristian and Peter as Bo and Hope. Whereas Stephen Nichols and Mary Beth Evans are great friends off the show and have been that way for years..I love their enthusiasm about getting to work together again....

Disney, as a huge Kate fan, I would agree but only up to recent events. Kate being snowed by Clyde is a disservice to her, I think -- and if the consequences are Gabi or Ari or anyone getting physically hurt, I kind of dread the scenes where she's completely undone by it. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Disney, as a huge Kate fan, I would agree but only up to recent events. Kate being snowed by Clyde is a disservice to her, I think -- and if the consequences are Gabi or Ari or anyone getting physically hurt, I kind of dread the scenes where she's completely undone by it. 

Exactly, the real Kate would have noticed the vibe between Jordan and Clyde. She would have been able to see right through him. Too bad Billie is not in town she probably would have noticed it given her own ugly past with her dad....The show loves to dumb down their characters to advance their plot...I think Kate is heading for a  fall, with her war with Lucas and the revelation about Clyde is going to devastate her..This would be the perfect time to bring back Austin, Billie and Philip..Austin and Philip were the sons who understood her the most..Whereas, she has always had complicated relationships with Lucas and Billie...Kate has a different dynamic with each of her children, she is like a different person and that makes her a fascinating character...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

Paige looks 1000x better without the crimps in her hair!

The middle part balances out her face too. 

I've had it with the huge manpurse Will carries around.  Does he really need to have a full sized laptop with him at all times to prove he's a journalist?  It's like Dan wearing a stethoscope around his neck. 

So I take it no one in Salem knows about the baby.  I have to say I'm looking forward to the reveal.  Particularly Vic's reaction. As long as Naggie is buried alive again for the forseeable future.  Drink if she makes the baby a reason to talk to about meetings  I was going to say Eve's too but she's too self absorbed.  I hope Theresa stays happy for a while.  Can Melanie just go be with Chad now?  I see no reason to have Failure around.

• Love 4
(edited)

What is appalling about that, is Kate is acting like a lovesick teenager, it is truly sickening.....A woman with her life experiences should know better....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
(edited)

It's just baffling for a show that prized EJ so much to let his killer walk around for a YEAR being a legit part of the ensemble.  Didn't they think EJ fans would want Clyde caught and punished relatively quickly?

I don't have a problem with EJ's killer (and let us not forget more importantly, Jordan's molester) walking around for a year if it was part of a slow burn storyline that culminated in some kind of exposure. Just seems like Days slow burn amounts to the pilot light going out to the point of the story going practically ice cold. Victor seems like he is up to something but it is just so amorphous and unclear that it doesn't give the audience much to hold on to and the storyline thread doesn't seem consistent or prominent. In fact it almost seems like it was dropped but for a weak hint every few weeks in a 2 minute scene, which does not a storyline make. Maybe the show wants the element of surprise and Victor will just pop up one day and drop the sword of Damocles on Clyde out of the blue. But you know given the landscape of most of Days storytelling and the absolute fail that was babygate, it would just seem utterly lazy to me. I am hoping Will's investigation (can't believe I just typed that) will bring all of Clyde's misdeeds to light. Hell, maybe Victor and he can put aside their difference just for this instance and run corn pone back to Petticoat Junction. Victor can go back to hating Will afterwards.  

Things may change with the new writers, but right now Days seems pretty invested in Clyde as the town's new big bad. Plus, I don't think anyone gets punished nowadays in Salem and given all the crap EJ pulled without seeing much by way of real consequences (week or 2 in jail here or there, occasional lose of custody of his kids for a few weeks, Sami cutting him off) I don't have much of a problem with it, but I get what you mean. 

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 5

Why is it so hard for Hope to understand that Aidan is a lawyer who is bound to attorney-client privilege? And if she can't deal with Aidan taking on clients she doesn't approve of maybe she shouldn't be dating a lawyer. 

Suddenly Southern is pathetic. 

• Love 8
(edited)

I don't have a problem with EJ's killer (and let us not forget more importantly, Jordan's molester) walking around for a year if it was part of a slow burn storyline that culminated in some kind of exposure. Just seems like Days slow burn amounts to the pilot light going out to the point of the story going practically ice cold. Victor seems like he is up to something but it is just so amorphous and unclear that it doesn't give the audience much to hold on to and the storyline thread doesn't seem consistent or prominent. In fact it almost seems like it was dropped but for a weak hint every few weeks in a 2 minute scene, which does not a storyline make. Maybe the show wants the element of surprise and Victor will just pop up one day and drop the sword of Damocles on Clyde out of the blue. But you know given the landscape of most of Days storytelling and the absolute fail that was babygate, it would just seem utterly lazy to me. I am hoping Will's investigation (can't believe I just typed that) will bring all of Clyde's misdeeds to light. Hell, maybe Victor and he can put aside their difference just for this instance and run corn pone back to Petticoat Junction. Victor can go back to hating Will afterwards.  

Things may change with the new writers, but right now Days seems pretty invested in Clyde as the town's new big bad. Plus, I don't think anyone gets punished nowadays in Salem and given all the crap EJ pulled without seeing much by way of real consequences (week or 2 in jail here or there, occasional lose of custody of his kids for a few weeks, Sami cutting him off) I don't have much of a problem with it, but I get what you mean. 

I  think Clyde threatening Ari took him down a path of no return..Ari is the unofficial princess of Salem, I think the whole town will come for Clyde if he does something to her....Ari is a Brady, Horton and a Kiriakis by marriage..So Clyde better watch his back....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

Why is it so hard for Hope to understand that Aidan is a lawyer who is bound to attorney-client privilege? And if she can't deal with Aidan taking on clients she doesn't approve of maybe she shouldn't be dating a lawyer. 

Suddenly Southern is pathetic. 

I have no words for Eve...Another pathetic woman over a man....I think that she is love with JJ, she is acting like a jealous rival and not a concerned mother...

Thursday's Show :)

Nicole/Xander

Start with Nicole in her office telling her cell phone to ring. It rings and it's Xander on the phone saying he's been thinking about her and she said it's a coincidence. Nicole wants to know what he's thinking and Xander says he's in a bind as he wants to see her but it'll hurt Daniel unless they meet privately so no one will get the wrong idea and Dan won't get hurt. Xander says he's at the Salem Inn and tells her his room number and tells her to arrive discretely.

Xander says it's only to talk and hope she didn't get the wrong impression as he thinks they should just talk. Nicole says she'll be there and they hang up. Nicole says Xander's place is the best to search for what's going on between Serena and Xander as she leaves her office. Nicole arrives at the hotel and Xander says that being with Nicole will be tricky and wants to know if things with them are temporary and she goes back to Dan, he'll be there to help in any way he can.

Nicole tells him about her relationship with Victor and how they were married. Xander is shocked but then he goes from looking shocked to looking pissed off. Nicole says she's telling him to let him know but judging from Xander's expression Nicole says she'll leave since it might be an issue but Xander says he doesn't want to her leave. Then changes his mind and tells her that should go and opens the door, but then changes his mind again and tells her that he doesn't want her to. Xander says he can't hurt the people he love as it's a rule he'll die by and if things work out with her and Dan he'll be happy for them. Xander likes to think of himself as an honest person and hopes that she meant what she said about keeping things private between them which Nicole agrees and they're all close up in each other's face like they're about to kiss.

Hope/Ciara/Aiden/Chase/Julie/Doug

They're skipping merrily into the HOrton Square and Hope receives a phone call about Poplar Bluffs and Aiden overhears and Hope sees Aiden and says she has to go as Aiden doesn't look happy with what he heard. Ciara is ready to go as Julie and Doug are waiting for them. There's awkwardness between Hope and Aiden for a beat until Chase asks Aiden if they're going to get some ice cream which Aiden takes Ciara and Chase to go with Hope trailing behind them. 

Hope tells Ciara and Chase to enter TBD and they'll be in there soon. Aiden really doesn't want to talk about it as he doesn't want to ruin things between as they're having fun and keeping their jobs separate. They kiss. Ciara comes out with Julie and sees them kissing. Doug is singing to Chase as Aiden, Hope, Julie, & Ciara enter TBD and clap after he's done. Hope hugs Doug and they get all friendly with each other, not talking about anything really important or relevant. Grandpa & Julie peck each other on the lips.

Aiden says if it wasn't for their children, they wouldn't have met and because of them, magic has happened and makes a toast to Chase and Ciara. Hope and Aiden kiss which Chase says eww and Ciara agrees. Julie goes off to order some more food and Hope goes with her to the bar. Julie is happy for her and Aiden and Hope tells her about their differences on the same case. Julie tells her to search for her inner harmony she learned from her zen master. Hope says she'll try and they hug. Julie and Doug have to leave and Aiden tries to pay but Doug ends up paying and Doug is thrilled that Hope is happy and offers advice that if things get tense sing Hope a song. They say their goodbyes and Hope, Aiden, Chase, and Ciara leave. Julie kisses Doug and thanks him for accepting Doug. Doug tries to sound like Julie in his explanation which they laugh and Julie kisses him again.

Out at Horton Square Ciara and Chase run off. Aiden and Hope sit on the bench and asks about Hope's convo with Julie which Hope basically says that one of them should change. Aiden asks if Hope is quitting the police force and Hope said one of them should change and Aiden knows that Hope is referring to him dropping Clyde as a client which he becomes a little upset. Hope says they can talk about it and Aiden said they already did. They talk about it and Clyde says he's not dropping his client because she has a hunch. They bicker and Aiden gets up and calls Chase so they can leave. Chase wants to know if he and Ciara could do something but Aiden tells him no before Chase could finish. Chase says goodbye to Hope and to Aiden but Aiden doesn't say anything and leaves with his son. Ciara wants to know what happened and Hope tells her that she put her foot in her mouth.

Jennifer/Dan/Eve

Dan enters Jen's office and welcomes her home and Jen asks him to sit down as she needs his advice on what to do as she's worried Eve is about to go off the rails. Jen tells him about Eve taking the coat and taking it with her. Dan doesn't know why she would take it but Jen thinks Eve has unhealthy feelings for JJ, but she says earlier that she's no psychiatrist. Jen thinks Eve's past is what's driving her as she tells Dan bits and pieces of her conversation with Eve and about Eve's past. Dan thinks that there's a solution and says that JJ, Eve, and Jen should all sit with Paige and tell her the truth.

Jen knew he would say that and Dan says that she needs to know and Jen says it's too late for that. Jen says Paige is smart and will find out the truth and Dan says exactly. Jen says there's no point to the conversation as there's no solution. Dan asks Jen does he trust her and she says yes and Dan says he has an idea. Dan thinks that he can give Eve an ultimatum to get help and go to therapy. Jen thinks he's right and gives him a hug like it's the best plan ever. Jen wants to know how things are going between him and Nicole and Dan says it's in flux and how they're going back and forth and coming to an understanding on how she really feels about him (which he thinks is good).

Jen and Dan enter the lobby of the hospital and separate as Jen says that she'll text him. Eve arrives at the hospital asks Dan if he's seen Theresa because of the text she got from Theresa. Dan says Theresa is fine and Eve asks how he knows and tells her that Theresa is with Melanie. Dan says it's a long story and Dan receives a text from Mel that plane landed, Eve doesn't get a text and calls Theresa a flake. Jen approaches Dan and Eve and asks Eve how she's doing. Eve wants to know why Theresa would want her to meet her at the hospital, and she asks why Dan won't tell her anything and Dan says he doesn't know anything and for her to sit and wait as he has to call Maggie. He leaves.

Jen tries to make small talk but Eve isn't interested for the most part, but tells Jen she thought about some of the things she said that whatever happens between JJ and Paige will happen. 

Eve/Cole

Eve gets off the elevator and flashes back to her last conversation with Paige and losing her virginity. She enters her house and imagines finding JJ and Paige on the couch having sex. Eve is throwing a hissy fit in her house by slamming pillows on the couch until Cole opens the door. Eve says he's early. She asks him if he likes Paige and Cole says that she's best and that JJ doesn't belong in the same room with her. Eve wants to get rid of JJ and for there to be a permanent solution and that they both will have to be open to anything. Eve said that her and Cole can't be linked together and if Cole knows any of JJ's weaknesses. Cole smirks and says that it sounds like Eve wants him to plant drugs on JJ. 

Eve said Cole said it not her and Cole says that's fine as Eve will have total deniability. Eve says that they both have to make sure their hands are spotless and Cole says he got it. Eve says they have to make sure they're not seen together and that they will communicate by phone early and even buying disposable phones. Cole thinks she's over thinking it and Eve doesn't think so. Eve ushers him out but double checks to make sure no one is outside which there isn't. Cole leaves and says to himself, 'how dumb do you think I am lady?' He gets on the phone with a Don and asks for the drugs and says 'piece of cake'.

Eve is sitting having wine talking about JJ and Paige until her phone rings. She gets a text that seem to have reached her phone late that says 'plane landing, come to the hospital' which Eve says, 'dammit Theresa', grabs her purse and heads out. 

JJ/Paige/Cole

JJ & Paige are in the lounge at the college as Paige has a notice from Stanford on her status for next year. She doesn't want to leave and JJ hands her a letter from his backpack that Paige reads and she becomes all giddy and hugs JJ. JJ has been accepted to a college that is 30 minutes away from Stanford. Paige is so happy and JJ doesn't want to wait until the end of Summer and move to California sometime next week or possibly 2 weeks which Paige thinks is rushed but JJ doesn't think so as they can pack lightly. They talk about packing bathing suits and sunglasses. JJ said they can move in together but Paige doesn't know but JJ thinks that it would be great and they can focus on each other without interference and asks her to think about it which she says yes. JJ wants an answer by tonight but Paige says she needs a couple of days which JJ happily accepts.

JJ and Paige are looking at houses on a laptop but Paige says that he said that he would give her a couple of days. They chit and chat some more about their relationship. Then convo switches to Eve but soon wants to stop talking about Eve. Above Cole comes down the stairs to see JJ and Paige kissing, he ducks down and pulls out the drug from his backpack and puts it in his jacket pocket. He approaches JJ and Paige and Paige tells him about JJ being accepted to college and moving to California. JJ sees someone he needs to talk to and walks off. Cole digs in his pocket and eyes JJ's backpack. 

Cole sits down and tells Paige that she's gonna love California and tells her that he missed his physics class and if JJ has a book. Cole grabs JJ's backpack but Paige stops him and tells him that JJ missed the class and takes JJ's backpack. JJ comes back and Paige tells Cole that her and JJ are going to the movies and they leave. Cole is upset that he couldn't plant the drugs on JJ. 

Cole breaks into the Horton house and looks for a place to stash the drugs and thinks JJ's bedroom is best. Meanwhile, Paige and JJ are at the park and Paige says the thing they're going to is sold out. JJ says they can go back to his place which Paige is okay with. Cole is about to go upstairs until he hears JJ's voice outside.

---------------------------------------

The ego on Dark Roast is just appalling, talking about how he can give Suddenly Souther an ultimatum on going to therapy since Jacosta was unable to do it and Jacosta acting all giddy over it. Like Dark Roast is the be all to end all and everybody is gonna listen and do what he says. He can go twitch somewhere. 

Yes you did stick your foot in your mouth Hope. She knows where Aiden stands on the issue and thought that they wouldn't talk about their work but they keep doing it. 

I'm also tired of hearing Xander and Nicole talking about Dark Roast and her being happy and working things out. Ugh. 

• Love 4

This is entire time I thought Kate knew Clyde was a creep and was just using him.

Kate really believes this guy??????  

I thought the way she was talking to him yesterday, about making sure that none of her family gets hurt, that she truly does understand who Clyde is.

I never realized how short Riley Bodenstab (Cole) was, until I saw him standing next to Kassie dePaiva.

Do these writers have a clue about the Bay Area?  "We won't need winter clothes, we can live in our swimsuits".  Dream on, guys.  You're going to freeze your tushies off.  Like Mark Twain once said the coldest winter he ever experienced was a summer day in San Francisco.  Now it's true that San Jose and the area around Stanford is warmer, but not THAT much warmer.

I really hate the mystical side of Julie.  Bring back the evil harridan.

• Love 2

Do these writers have a clue about the Bay Area?  "We won't need winter clothes, we can live in our swimsuits".  Dream on, guys.  You're going to freeze your tushies off.  Like Mark Twain once said the coldest winter he ever experienced was a summer day in San Francisco.  Now it's true that San Jose and the area around Stanford is warmer, but not THAT much warmer.

As a San Francisco resident, I laughed so hard at that comment of JJ's - but I laughed because it's so true. Not what he said, but that he would think that and say that. Lots of people outside California think that all of California has weather like Southern California. Every year tourists come to the Bay Area and freeze because they didn't bring layers to wear.

I had actually forgotten (well, blocked out is more accurate) all about JJ and Eve even existing until a poster mentioned their absence yesterday. And then they show up today and instantly remind me how much I hate this story. How much longer is the show going to drag this out?

• Love 4

As a San Francisco resident, I laughed so hard at that comment of JJ's - but I laughed because it's so true. Not what he said, but that he would think that and say that. Lots of people outside California think that all of California has weather like Southern California. Every year tourists come to the Bay Area and freeze because they didn't bring layers to wear.

I had actually forgotten (well, blocked out is more accurate) all about JJ and Eve even existing until a poster mentioned their absence yesterday. And then they show up today and instantly remind me how much I hate this story. How much longer is the show going to drag this out?

You too, Black Knight?  I lived in SF for 36 years until we finally had to move to the East Bay because of the high rents.  And I thought the same thing.  There they are, talking about not needing warm clothes and I walked the dog this morning with a watch cap and a coat and wore one into SF later.  And tonight it's in the 40's.  Hopefully neither JJ or Paige got into school on their geography knowledge.

Today was just so much nothing.  We got to watch Daniel and Jenn bloviate and agree with increasing intensity about how each one was right until suddenly one of them was wrong, but man the mutual admiration society was in full swing.  And then, there they were, standing by the elevator when Eve was walking down the hall.  One quick shove and she could have sent them both down that shaft.  

Oh well......

Oh!  We actually had an entirel episode where Nicole did NOT spend the entire time talking to herself, and where a guy did NOT make her verbally debase herself.  Progress!

I'm praying that the plane bringing Jawn and Sparkle Pretty back to Salem is being piloted by Bullwinkle J. Moose and they make a looooooooooong detour to Pottsylvania and a meeting with Fearless Leader.  Show, just give us a day or two without them, please.  And Sneasel too!!  Pretty Please???

• Love 3

I'm also tired of hearing Xander and Nicole talking about Dark Roast and her being happy and working things out. Ugh

Winner winner chicken dinner. Dan is where good characters go to die. Chloe never recovered from the association, give my precious Nicole a worthy man, a REAL Kiriakis and someone who clearly isn't self-righteous. I am all aboard the Xander train (is there a portmanteau yet?). Chooo-freaking-chooo baby!

• Love 2

When are Bo & Patch coming back? All of the current story lines are making me yawn! Stefano is going revenge Kristen's death with Marlena. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Why is it so hard for Hope to understand that Aidan is a lawyer who is bound to attorney-client privilege? And if she can't deal with Aidan taking on clients she doesn't approve of maybe she shouldn't be dating a lawyer

I agree...and can't help but wonder if this is just the beginning of the end for them so that by the time Bo returns, the fans will get a "happily ever after" storyline.

• Love 1

I don't care what happens with Hope and Aiden. I have followed character of Hope since she was born. She and Aiden have become boring and in recent months Hope has beomce a real pain. I think there is now more potential for Aiden than Hope as a character. Hope is on the way to being like her cousin Jen - a real pain in the neck.

Did I hear right? Doug and/or Julie were on a cruise ship and asked to sing? I am imaging a whole lot of passengers either tried to swim for shore (shark infested waters be damned) or asked for a partial refund.  Can you just imagine the jazz hands and Lizzie Minnelli-esque type performance and I do mean from the both of them. They just always to me seem to be on the cusp of wanting to break out into a song and dance number which is why I kinda cringe when they are on screen because I am not a big fan of musicals. 

Hope has been looking great lately. Sometimes the actress can look a little scary thin, especially around the neck and chest area, but she seems less so to my eyes lately. Loved the shirt she had on. 

The only thing that semi-saved the Xander/Nicole scenes for me was the bit at the end when he was walking ever closer to her. Now that was chem. Hell, I think I forgot to breath for a few seconds there. If this actor is just being used for Dicole angst than what a colossal waste. However, everything before that was annoying and weird. I guess I could suspend disbelief that a brother Victor doesn't have and has never been mentioned in the entire 50 year history of the show, had a son that we never heard of, that somehow owes everything to the Kiriakis family name. Can we stop right there for a moment because Xander actually said that he owes everything to the Kiriakis'. Isn't that an odd thing to say if you are an immediate member of the family with that very same last name? I could get it if Daniel or Brady said such a thing but it made no sense for Xander to. But I digress. I can fanwank Xander desperately wanting Victor's approval, although I don't like how Victor treats him. However, Xander giving a a good damn about Daniel? Oh, I've got a big problem with that.  Also, not loving the creeping about town stuff either. I want them to rub their new relationship in Daniel's face like a bad dog owner rubs his dog's face in his own shit. 

Xander puts off the vibe that he could either snap her neck or kiss her. He gives me the creeps.

He doesn't quite give me the creeps but he does make me slightly uncomfortable given that he has been shown getting physical with Serena. I just don't know what to make of his feelings towards Nicole. I tend to (or want to) believe he genuinely is attracted to her. What was up with that look when he found out Nicole and Vic used to be married?

WTF is up with Eve and Cole plan? They want to plant drugs on him for what purpose? Who do they want to find it? Paige so that she thinks JJ hasn't changed or the cops so that he is arrested? I don't see how Paige would find if it is hidden in the Horton home. I don't get it. It is gross either way. 

Did anyone see the shoes Jen was wearing to 'work'. They looked more like something you wear out to the club or working the corner than to work. 

• Love 5
Did anyone see the shoes Jen was wearing to 'work'. They looked more like something you wear out to the club or working the corner than to work.

I assumed Abifail had been picked up by animal control some point earlier in the day and Jen was going down to the pound to bail her out.

• Love 5