Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Ha, the Wilson family picture again. I can't get over how much like a kid Will looks in it. How Paul didn't bust up laughing when he looked at the picture is beyond me.

Will's blackmail of Tori was so silly because, as she told him, she's already been trying to get Paul to leave town. I think that's why she didn't really fight Will - why bother? They actually want the same things, for Paul not to break up the Wilson marriage and for Paul to leave town. If Will were smart, he would've first found out Tori's opinion of the situation and then he would've known he didn't need to resort to blackmail. All he's done is give Sonny something else to be upset about when he finds out, and it was so completely unnecessary.

• Love 5

The blackmail was totally unnecessary. However, I don't think it is enough for Sonny to walk away from him. Unless, Will lies about it, then he is screwed...This is not the first time that Will has tried to blackmail somebody and for it to backfire on him...Will is acting out of emotion, he is not as calculating as his parents. So he will make dumb mistakes...The writers are really doing a disservice to Will. They are making him unsympathetic and dumb...I wonder do they have people on staff that report viewer feedback on storylines or is it Ken Corday who is directing them to do this..

He is truly a liabilty for the show...

I wish that Lorraine Broderick  who is on the writing staff had been promoted as headwriter, she did some awesome work on All My Children. She wrote the storyline where Erica Kane was addicted to drugs, she wrote that awesome speech where Erica high on drugs read the whole room for filth as she was receiving an award..I Still remember Erica saying Saint Maria of Wildwind tending to the sick in her push-up bra...lol Good times...lol

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

With that promo, it's so obvious that Jawn is going to end up being Paul's dad. There goes my last bit of hope that it was a red herring. Maybe they will revert back to Jawn being a DiMera and that's what this is all for?

• Love 3

I want Will to grow up and become a better man and loving husband, too; I just think Sparkle Paul is irrelevant to that story. And I don't think Sonny needs to renew a relationship with Paul to realize he's outgrown him. If one of the weaknesses in Won't's relationship with Sonny comes from their different levels of romantic experience, Sonny would be trading somebody who perhaps wasn't ready to be married for someone who wasn't prepared to be in any kind of relationship. Sure, Sparkle Paul's had (presumably) more bed partners, but he's only ever been in a relationship -- or, rather, part of one -- with Sonny. For the record, I think the show should treat its gay characters just as much as story-fodder as it does its straight characters; I just don't want any characters to have stories that don't make sense. (Including Serena's single-handed rescue of Pier One from financial ruin, or whatever the bloody hell's going on there.)

Maybe that's why I find Paul pointless. I don't think he was needed to make this story work. He didn't even need to be Sonny's ex. Will could have slept with someone in LA or another writer at Sonix who he could have been working with for long hours because of Sonny putting their money in Club Sinkhole.

These writers wanted to tell the story of a closeted athlete, but they sucked the drama out of it at every turn. What was really the point?

The story should be about WilSon's marriage and preferably should be a slow-build with Will learning to stand on his own, but I don't think that's even going to happen now.

I predict an insta-reunion by Ari's birthday now, but Paul is going to still be hanging around, so where does the story go from here?

• Love 5

It was so stupid. Serena went over to the apartment, and instead of just taking her elephant out of her bag and putting the other one in, she picked up the elephant off the table, pulled hers out and spent a good minute or so waving them both around, all so she could drop them both when Nicole came out and startled her. And finding out she had the wrong one when she was back at her hotel took about a second, there's no reason she couldn't have done that while she was still at Daniel's. Like all of this story, so stupid.

• Love 9

I'm not a fan of Paul at all. He's a user. As evidenced by his using any number of women to hide from the world. How many of them knew they were beards? He seemed to just find them about as useful and interesting as a tissue. There to be used and thrown away to make himself look like a player.

Will needs to take responsibility, there's no question there, and I don't have a strong attachment to Will/Sonny but I am also impressed with a gay couple being treated like any other. Infidelity in a marriage is a soap staple as well as all the insecurities that go with it, before and after. I am certain that the show will explore Paul/Sonny but based on what I've seen of Paul, he'll get what he supposedly wants and then discovers that, oh my God! It takes actual work to keep a relationship going and a professional athlete is too used to having others do the heavy lifting in everything but the sport they play. You can't tell me that Paul hasn't been kow towed to all of his life, surrounded by people who promise to 'take care of' whatever is causing him manpain that day. Having to work on a relationship that he's probably idealized himself... and he's certainly made everything about him. Sonny only married Will because he couldn't have Paul... according to Paul. Will messed up and cheated on Sonny which is something Paul would never do... according to Paul.

Sure, let them try a relationship after Sonny divorces Will and goes through further emotional turmoil. Talk about your rebounds... and when things aren't singing birds, rainbows and daisies the way Paul seems to expect... I rather think he'll be the one to 'Wah! Not getting what I want! Sonny is disappointing me!' And I hope he cheats, too. Of course, that will give Sonny even more issues but it would make the most sense from what I see these characters being about. In the meantime, Will should have another relationship and figure himself out a bit more. He should be the one wronged in that one, to see how it feels to build up trust and have it so casually broken.

Ideally, this would stretch out over a significant period of time. That's what soaps are supposed to be able to do. But I'm not expecting that.

This is why I want Sonny to leave Will for Paul.

I've always thought the Paul and Sonny relationship was idealised by both parties, at least until Sonny came to his senses, but the nostalgia that Sonny has about it now leads me to believe that he still views some of it with rose-tinted glasses.

As much as Paul wants to heckle Will about sleeping with one other guy and being married to the first guy he dated,I have to also wonder if Paul is ready to have a real, open relationship since he has never experienced one.

And I despise people who declare they would never do something that someone else has done(while judging them). Never say never. Will could also dish it back and say he would never have forced Sonny to hide in the closet, but then again he was not a pro-athlete.

It's easy for Paul to say that Sonny only married Will because he wouldn't come out,but it's just convenient for him to think that. For me,stuff that didn't happen is just that-stuff that didn't happen. It doesn't make Will Sonny's second choice.

I'm bummed that Will has been turned into a blackmailing blame-shifter. It's kind of fun, but I hope it changes once Sonny gets here.

I want Will to focus on himself and have another relationship down the road. It's like Apprentice said- I want Will to succeed with or without Sonny.

I don't want to watch Will getting crapped on by Sonny, Marlena, Adrienne and John every day of the week because he tried to blackmail Tori over Paul.

• Love 4

It was so stupid. Serena went over to the apartment, and instead of just taking her elephant out of her bag and putting the other one in, she picked up the elephant off the table, pulled hers out and spent a good minute or so waving them both around, all so she could drop them both when Nicole came out and startled her. And finding out she had the wrong one when she was back at her hotel took about a second, there's no reason she couldn't have done that while she was still at Daniel's. Like all of this story, so stupid.

Did she stare at herself in a mirror while talking to  and holding the elephant? 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

Locutus, it looks that way. I'm trying to remember what was happening approx 20-25 years ago with John -- where he was, who he was (the Pawn? Roman?). 

How about Adorable Ari yesterday? Nodding emphatically when Lucas said, "isn't that right, Ari?" and then laughing with Lucas and Will. She was a bright spot. 

Theresa was a riot -- too bad they didn't have Theresa and Anne drunk at the same time. 

• Love 2

I think Won't is acting more like Adrienne than Sami: Manipulative and judgmental, just as Adrienmnesia was when she tried to get Will to leave Sonny. Is the point of this story to make me hate everyone except Arianna?

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 4

I think Won't is acting more like Adrienne than Sami: Manipulative and judgmental, just as Adrienmnesia was when she tried to get Will to leave Sonny.

If Sonny and Will break up and that woman who gave birth to Sonny starts going in on Will about how worthless he and Sami are I want him to remind her of her own trashy background and degenerate family.

When that woman who gave birth to Sonny was going on one of her many tirades about how Sonny is too good for Will's awful family why did she only focus on Sami? She conveniently forgot to mention Marlena screwing Jawn on the conference room table or being possessed by the devil or serial cheater Carrie or ex-con Lucas or Caroline cheating on Shawn and getting pregnant. I wonder if she has the same negativity for mobster Victor.

• Love 4
I really want them to do Theresa/JJ or real. JL & CM have major chemistry.

I don't understand why this show insists on bypassing couples that have real chemistry together in favor of couples that are forced and boring.

No, but with this group, we very well may be subjected to endless conversations in the park about the need to take an I.Q. test.

That rabbit won't die, it will take its own life.

LMAO!!!  Poor bunny.

No, but with this group, we very well may be subjected to endless conversations in the park about the need to take an I.Q. test.

That rabbit won't die, it will take its own life.

Thanks. I now feel like I'm watching a Monty Python skit that the Pythons collectively rejected and was picked up by really bad amateurs.
  • Love 3

Locutus, it looks that way. I'm trying to remember what was happening approx 20-25 years ago with John

The only time that really makes sense is before 1986 when he came to town as "Roman". And I guess that works because Paul would actually be the right age un-soras' ed. I guess if EJ can be born after Will and be much older, then Will can be born about 10 years after Paul yet be the same age.

• Love 1

The only time that really makes sense is before 1986 when he came to town as "Roman". And I guess that works because Paul would actually be the right age un-soras' ed. I guess if EJ can be born after Will and be much older, then Will can be born about 10 years after Paul yet be the same age.

Thanks, Lefty! Wonder who "Roman" was involved with at the time/who would he have been cheating on? Marlena, I guess.

The blackmail was totally unnecessary. However, I don't think it is enough for Sonny to walk away from him. 

It wouldn't be enough if Sonny and Will were happy and Will hadn't cheated. But when one makes a major mistake like cheating, their partner's tolerance for minor screw-ups becomes nil because they already used it all up on the affair. When Sonny comes back, he's not going to have a lot of patience for Will. I can see this being the proverbial straw that breaks the camel's back.

• Love 4

It wouldn't be enough if Sonny and Will were happy and Will hadn't cheated. But when one makes a major mistake like cheating, their partner's tolerance for minor screw-ups becomes nil because they already used it all up on the affair. When Sonny comes back, he's not going to have a lot of patience for Will. I can see this being the proverbial straw that breaks the camel's back.

You are probably correct. I could see Sonny coming back to reclaim his family and they try to work out their differences. Only for something to come down the line that will  make Sonny  leave Will for good. I have a feeling that it has to do with Will's time in LA and not necessarily Will's feeble attempt at being a badass. Even if they do reconcile, it is going to take Sonny a long time to really get over it. I would not be surprise if he is still cold and distant with Will at home. Will is going to have to account for his time, whenever he is away from Sonny because he no longer trusts him...

The show is going to explore Paulson only for Paul and Sonny to realize that they no longer work as a couple..At least that is what I want; I wanted Lumi together and ken Corday ruined that dream....Then I wanted Ejami before the ugliness and he ruined that too...Ken Corday has made it impossible for any couple to be rootable on this show, he ruins them and pisses off their fans...He seems to be very contemptuous of the fans of the show. That is lunacy to me. I am sure he will ruin Paulson when he decides to put Wilson back together without any plausible buildup...

I wish  the show would take advantage  of Bryan Dattilo's talent and give him a front burner story. He has earned it.. I have never understood why Bryan is marginalized by Ken Corday.  I have my own theory about that. It is time that Lucas got a woman that only has eyes for him. Adrienne does not cut it for me. She looks too old for him.  I loved him being a protective father and grandfather to Will and Ari....I want him to be mixing it up with Kate..I always loved their Mother/son dynamic..At the end of the day, it was always them against the world..I miss that quality about them....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

Sami needs to divorce Will.  He is all Lucas and Kate.

To be fair to Will, he has not really witnessed Lucas and Kate's dastardly deeds. He has mostly seen them coming from Sami. She has always been the town pariah due to her schemes against her own family. He has been shaped by his experiences..Even as a kid, he always favored Lucas over Sami...I am not saying that it is right, but I can understand his point of view...In his mind, Sami was always a disruptive force in his home life, plus he has had other people in his life who have told  him that..Philip, Kate, Victor, Austin, Carrie, Marlena, Roman, Caroline, John, Belle, Kayla..e.t.c..Sami in her villainous period was a horrible person, let's not whitewash that...This is a woman that once tried to sell her own baby sister to the black market.  If I was Belle, I would never speak to her in life. I find it laughable when People who hate Will try to say that he is like his mom...There is no comparison between them. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

Agreed. I feel like this will end like I predicted way back. Sonny will come back and want to take steps to reconcile, but this will push them further apart.

I also feel like this will renew Paul's desire to get Sonny back.

Part of me feels like Sonny might want to make it work with Will because of pride. I've said before that Sonny seemed to enjoy telling Paul about his marriage and now that Paul can see it's not a bed of roses, Sonny has a point to prove.

This kind of thing would really mess with Will's head because even though he wants Sonny back, the Paul and Sonny thing is clearly bothering him.

Even though I feel like Adrienne was mostly venting about Justin when she spoke to Will, I was surprised that she interpreted Will mentioning Sonny's proposal to Paul as blame-shifting.

Adrienne was the first person to warn Sonny about the consequences of keeping Paul a secret and how Will might feel. Sure,I'd like Will to take more outright responsibility for his cheating, but Will can do that and still feel the way he feels about PaulSon.

It's a separate issue from the infidelity and if it wasn't why is Will and Sonny's marriage and the reasons for it the hot topic since Sonny left Salem?

I see Will's infidelity being about having doubts about being tied down. And now that he knows what he wants, it's ironic that he finds out that he might just be a placeholder for Paul.

This kind of thing can add a lot of layers and the writers could actually get a lot of story out of it for Will and Sonny, but it doesn't look like they're going to go there. More WTD and paternity madness for their new favourite Sparkle Paul.

Edited by 271days
  • Love 2

As much as I dislike Will, I did like Lucas going into protective father mode. I couldn't help but think of how Sami would have been in this situation. She's not only have aided Will in his search for blackmail material, she'd have told him what a brilliant idea it was. Rather than calmly tell Paul to back the hell off, she'd have already booked the hitman. Then, when it all blew up in her face, she'd have blamed a Dimera.

• Love 2

I wonder how Sonny is going to react when he finds out that Sparkle went to his house and met his daughter...He might not be too happy about that...I want Kate and Sparkle to clash..I think they would be good as adversaries...

• Love 2

Yesterday was a good day, Show-wise.  I always enjoy Theresa no matter what, and it's extra when it's her and Eve.  Her accompanyinig the long-suffering Paige to school was pretty funny.  Show needs to realize what gold they have in Jen Lilley and give her more to do besides be angry.  The pacing on this show sometimes.....

Paige can be very Horton-ish, asking JJ WHY ARE YOU HERE?  Ah, maybe because he GOES TO SCHOOL THERE TOO??  And her flouncing off in annoyance was the sort of tantrum I associate with Abigail.  I know we're supposed to see JJ and Paige as some primal love story but instead it reads more like some failed psychiatric experiment set up by a mad scientist.  I'm looking at YOU, Roomarlena!   And how much fun was it for you all to listen to Eve and Jenn have the same argument for the 93rd time?  Not much, right?  

But the Victor/Kate, Kate/Chad stuff was very intriguing.  And the reveal at the end!  It's been a long while since a Friday cliffhanger actually WAS one, but this was.  I'm anxious to see what the hell is going on with this group and how it plays out.  Well Done, Show!

I used to like Will Horton.  I used to emphathize with him.  Him and Sami, him and EJ, I enjoyed it all and wanted him to be okay.  During the Nick storyline, I used to want him to be more assertive, but I was still on his side.  Ditto him and Sonny and their Road to Relationship.  Then I started to tire of Chandler's eternal grin for each and every scene and thought it was time for somebody new in the role.  I was happy to see Guy Wilson come in and more than gave him a chance.  And I still think there's multiple reasons - the WRITING for one, - why he's still struggling to connect with his character.  Or why I was struggling to still even LIKE his character.  But he became Sneasel to me with his betrayal of Sami and Kate with that article.  

And now he's out-Sneaseled himself with his bullying of Mama Sparkle.   That was petty and ugly and not worthy of the character.  Mama Sparkle may be a dullard, IS a dullard, but she also comes across as a woman who could be easily cowed, or frightened.  And Sneasel saw that yesterday, and out sprung Bully Sneasel.  I thought it was supremely ugly behavior.  

As Black Knight says, the cheater has precious little currency left, behavior-wise, and this bullying blackmail attempt of Sneasel's, against a woman who has done nothing to him, and of whose life or troubles he knows nothing was sleazy.  IMO this was as bad as his cheating if not worse.  He's consciously using someone else's possible pain, their hidden history, to his advantage and enjoying it while he did.  Someone who  has done nothing against him.  And I didn't buy for a second that he felt bad about it.  Little wretch.  He deserves what he gets.

I still think Sparkle is an empty suit with a certs smile and nothing else, and I don't want him to win.  Right now Sonny is better off without either of them.

And Lucas......now all I can remember of him in the recent past is how he's done little other than diss Sami for her behavior.  And now he's not only condoing Sneasel, he's actively helping him bully some woman.  Not cool.  

• Love 7

These writers just don't know how to write...They make everybody unlikable.  I  want somebody to tell Will that he is behaving like Nick...Nick used blackmail to try to get what he wanted and he did not care about who he hurt in the process.Will was always the principal victim of his schemes.  I have a feeling that Sonny will point that out to him when he finds out about his latest antics..What Will doesn't realize is that his schemes will backfire on him. He saw his mother's schemes blow up in her face time and time again...He should know better and just concentrate on repairing the damage that he has done to his marriage. I think Sparkle will go after Will, when he finds out about what he did to his mother....Enough is enough..Lucas should have told him that this is not the way to get his husband back..Will has been very selfish ever since he got that job at Sonix. Sonny should make him quit that job as one of his conditions of getting back together. That job has been nothing but trouble for Will and those around him....

• Love 3

I wouldn't have minded seeing Sami's reaction to Paul (potentially) being John's son.

Samantha definitely has a love/hate (sometimes mostly hate/hate) relationship with Jawn. I'm sure if she got a whiff of RoboMar siding with Sparkle Paul down the line because of Jawn she would go postal.

That's why I'm glad Will has Kate (for all her faults). At least you know with her that even if Paul turned out to be Stefano's she'd always put her family first.

It was good that RoboMar decided to stop being Paul's psychiatrist because of Will and Sonny, but will some of that change when she finds out he's Jawn's?

• Love 5

These writers just don't know how to write...They make everybody unlikable.  I  want somebody to tell Will that he is behaving like Nick...Nick used blackmail to try to get what he wanted and he did not care about who he hurt in the process.Will was always the principal victim of his schemes.  I have a feeling that Sonny will point that out to him when he finds out about his latest antics..What Will doesn't realize is that his schemes will backfire on him. He saw his mother's schemes blow up in her face time and time again...He should know better and just concentrate on repairing the damage that he has done to his marriage. I think Sparkle will go after Will, when he finds out about what he did to his mother....Enough is enough..Lucas should have told him that this is not the way to get his husband back..Will has been very selfish ever since he got that job at Sonix. Sonny should make him quit that job as one of his conditions of getting back together. That job has been nothing but trouble for Will and those around him....

Of all the things I dislike about the writing for Will, Bully Will is not one of them. This story has a point. Will is desperate and in his messed up mind he thinks the only way Sonny and he can get past this is if Sparkle Paul leaves Salem.

He's not only threatened by Sonny having another option (who hasn't betrayed him and who he might still be in love with), but he probably also doesn't think they can move past this if his mistake is still walking around in Salem as a reminder of what he did.

The writers are also using Will as the one to find out about this paternity mess and ironically give Paul a reason to stay in Salem. Lucas showing Ari to Paul was enough to get Paul to decide to leave Salem, but Will went a bit overboard. I don't even think it was that bad it was more Blackmail 100 as opposed to Blackmail 101. When this blows up in his face, this is designed to push Sonny towards Paul and turn Paul against Will (since he made a big deal about them being friends last week).

Sami used to do this kind of stuff all the time. I remember when she blackmailed Lexie to tell Carrie and Austin that they would have deformed kids. I knew it was a bad idea at the time yet I was still rooting for homegirl. The shit hit the fan yet down the road she still got her man. I expect no different with Willass.

The thing I keep in mind while watching this ish is that Sonny isn't here right now. They are saving the reason for Will's infidelity (because they haven't decided yet!) and Will isn't even sure Sonny is coming back. Will has no control over what Sonny will decide, so of course he channels all his energy into getting Sparkle out of town which is something he thinks he can control. I don't think 'blackmailing' Mama Narita was a bad thing, because at the end of the day, they want the same thing. It was actually kind of pointless.

Lucas's brain has been addled by Adrienne. Added to that, he's been cautioning Sami for years, so as much as I love him I would say he's off his game. His interaction with Paul was masterful (it was what I had been saying before about interlopers being naive about getting between relationships with kids involved), but I think Will is going to need Kate on this one.

Will shouldn't have listened to Kate about the cheating, but his mother isn't here and she's not in a relationship with Paul's father. I expect a scene with Kate where she admonishes both Lucas and Will for being inept. Kate also has Victor's ear (although who knows with the board meeting crap) and has been shown to be able to go toe to toe with Adrienne. I am totally #TeamRoberts for this.

As for what Paul does next since he's clearly still here, I would guess Sonny gives him the green light so Ari being around doesn't matter. Maybe this kid will end up having three dads? I know people have mentioned Ari's second birthday with pictures of Will and Sonny but I fully expect to see Paul at that party and I suspect Will might still be wearing his ring because he's hopeful they will get back together.

• Love 3

I find it fairly hilarious that there has been maybe one post mentioning the *big* Stefano reveal at the end of Friday. Like how much does anyone even care. And Kate and Chad in their matching little suits.

• Love 4

I find it fairly hilarious that there has been maybe one post mentioning the *big* Stefano reveal at the end of Friday. Like how much does anyone even care. And Kate and Chad in their matching little suits.

It's because we've seen it 1000 times already. The might reach that point with Kritter too if they aren't careful.

On the other hand, if they do a big story with all the vets for the fiftieth where they finally get rid of Stefano, I might get on board.

Fact is, Stefano and Vic (and all the vets) are getting old. If this show is staying on the air it needs a new villain for the younger generation.

Clyde ain't cutting it for me and Chad looks like a kid playing dress up. How bad can he be if Abbyfail is going to be his romantic partner?

I must admit, I enjoy stories about relationships more than brainwashing and embryo theft and I prefer schemers like Nicole and Kate to villains like Clyde and Stefano.

Speaking of a younger generation and new blood, I would like to see vets kids instead of all these newbies. Bring on more Kiriakis sons. They'd be new faces but Alex Kiriakis could be a good foil for Chad since Sonny is so Mary Sue.

Why should I care about Serena and her elephant? And I know Paul is probably going to turn out to be Jawn's, but do these writers really think people want to watch WTD angst for a new character and his mother that we've never met before? Especially for the 50th Anniversary? It reminds me of Quinn and Vivian and that was a flop that I like to pretend never happened.

Lima Bean is a Donovan but does she really make for compelling viewing? No wonder there has been such a shake up behind the scenes.

Edited by 271days
  • Love 5

I don't know if JM was having problems moving his legs, or that chair that some intern pulled out of a dumpster behind some office building was broken, because there was obviously some problem with spinning the chair around and it let all the air out of the reveal for me. Not to mention the set looked like the cheapest and smallest conference room at some Days Inn.

I know this show is produced on shoe-string budget, but at a certain point the sets become so laughable that I'd rather they just do scenes in front of a curtain like in a theatre. What really irks me is that they built that rather large Salem U set, yet the DiMera and Kiriakis living rooms andHoHospital nurses station sets all continue to shrink, and the furniture in the Horton house needs to be updated big time.

I could go on a three page rant about the sets, but I'll summarize by saying that the couch Stefano was sitting on late last week while talking to Victor looked like something Corday bought at some frat house's garage sale. There is no way Stefano DiMera would sit on something that looked like frat boys had been crashing on for a couple decades.

ETA: on a slightly related note, why does the show stick characters in awful outfits like Jennifer's cat burglar costume or that skirt that made Abigail's ass look really saggy, for weeks at a time, then turn around and put some on in a truly great outfit like what Abigail was wearing last week when she sparred with Anne in Jennifer's office yet we only see that outfit once?

I couldn't figure out what the hell Kate was wearing on Fri to the board meeting, so I'm sure she'll be wearing it for two weeks. Its like when Jennifer looked great about a month ago she wore it for an episode or two; it's as if production goes out of their way to make the characters look as bad as possible.

All that said, I wouldn't be surprised if production genuinely thought these terrible looks were actually fantastic. The show clearly wants us to think Daniel and Melanie are the good guys we should be rooting for, yet I think they consistently look the worst.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 2

Right now Kate is too busy with Creepy Molester, Chad, and now Stephono, she has a lot on her plate to make room for a side of Sneasel with a dash of Sparkle. I heard it fucks with your digestive system really bad. Gives you the runs for about a month.

• Love 5

Of all the things I dislike about the writing for Will, Bully Will is not one of them. This story has a point. Will is desperate and in his messed up mind he thinks the only way Sonny and he can get past this is if Sparkle Paul leaves Salem.

He's not only threatened by Sonny having another option (who hasn't betrayed him and who he might still be in love with), but he probably also doesn't think they can move past this if his mistake is still walking around in Salem as a reminder of what he did.

The writers are also using Will as the one to find out about this paternity mess and ironically give Paul a reason to stay in Salem. Lucas showing Ari to Paul was enough to get Paul to decide to leave Salem, but Will went a bit overboard. I don't even think it was that bad it was more Blackmail 100 as opposed to Blackmail 101. When this blows up in his face, this is designed to push Sonny towards Paul and turn Paul against Will (since he made a big deal about them being friends last week).

Sami used to do this kind of stuff all the time. I remember when she blackmailed Lexie to tell Carrie and Austin that they would have deformed kids. I knew it was a bad idea at the time yet I was still rooting for homegirl. The shit hit the fan yet down the road she still got her man. I expect no different with Willass.

The thing I keep in mind while watching this ish is that Sonny isn't here right now. They are saving the reason for Will's infidelity (because they haven't decided yet!) and Will isn't even sure Sonny is coming back. Will has no control over what Sonny will decide, so of course he channels all his energy into getting Sparkle out of town which is something he thinks he can control. I don't think 'blackmailing' Mama Narita was a bad thing, because at the end of the day, they want the same thing. It was actually kind of pointless.

Lucas's brain has been addled by Adrienne. Added to that, he's been cautioning Sami for years, so as much as I love him I would say he's off his game. His interaction with Paul was masterful (it was what I had been saying before about interlopers being naive about getting between relationships with kids involved), but I think Will is going to need Kate on this one.

Will shouldn't have listened to Kate about the cheating, but his mother isn't here and she's not in a relationship with Paul's father. I expect a scene with Kate where she admonishes both Lucas and Will for being inept. Kate also has Victor's ear (although who knows with the board meeting crap) and has been shown to be able to go toe to toe with Adrienne. I am totally #TeamRoberts for this.

As for what Paul does next since he's clearly still here, I would guess Sonny gives him the green light so Ari being around doesn't matter. Maybe this kid will end up having three dads? I know people have mentioned Ari's second birthday with pictures of Will and Sonny but I fully expect to see Paul at that party and I suspect Will might still be wearing his ring because he's hopeful they will get back together.

I doubt Will would allow Sparkle around Ari though. Unless Sonny insists that he wants him around her. Will usually ends up doing what Sonny wants him to do anyway. Even apart, I suspect that Sonny will still have the upper hand when it comes to Will.  That is why I want the show to bring a guy for Will to see Sonny's reaction. He would not like that at all. I would not be surprised if the inept writers have Will use Ari against Sonny if he gets back together with Sparkle. They are already assassinating Will's character. Will is panicking and when he does, he usually does something stupid..I remember when he confessed to Nick's murder, when Sonny entered the room where he was talking to Hope; the first thing that Sonny said was; what did you do Will..He knows his husband.  I wish that Sonny was not written as a Mary Sue, he would be a great foil for Chad...They need to bring on his brothers and Philip to the show...Sparkle should be a Dimera and he joins Chad, Cameron(who is secretly a Dimera) against the Kiriakis Brothers... We need new generations of Kiriakis and Dimeras on the show...Victor and Stefano are not always going to be around...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

Even apart, I suspect that Sonny will still have the upper hand when it comes to Will.

Why should Will have the upper  hand?  He CHEATED, C-H-E-A-T-E-D!  He should be begging for forgiveness instead of making excuses and putting it all on Paul.

• Love 5

Why should Will have the upper  hand?  He CHEATED, C-H-E-A-T-E-D!  He should be begging for forgiveness instead of making excuses and putting it all on Paul.

I was just saying that Sonny has always had the upper hand in his relationship with Will and that would not change even if they are separated and dating other people.  I want Paul to get back together with Sonny, for him to realize that he is a placeholder for Will and Ari..I remember Sonny telling Will in happier times, that  he has never loved anybody else like he loves him. Paulson would be a viable option, if Will and Ari left town and the show slowly rebuild Sonny and Paul.. They are no longer the same people that they were years ago...

I will always be team Will because he is a legacy child and Lumi's child. One of my favorite couple on the show...Paul is a plot point and the show had no faith in this character, so they resorted to nasty tricks by destroying Will and Wilson, to make  him and Paulson more palatable to the audience.. This kind of writing reminds me of what they did to Jack and Jennifer in favor of Dan the pervert and Jennifer..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

I think Brian was a plot point, easily removable once his job of keeping Will and Sonny apart for a brief time was over.  They're giving Paul some roots by connecting him to John, a smart move if Freddie Smith or Guy Wilson decide to leave. 

Also, and I think this is probably an unpopular opinion, but I think the most successful soap characters are able to work in multiple romantic pairings, not just one.  Because Sonny and Will marrying in their early twenties and never being with another person EVER is not soap.

• Love 6

I think Brian was a plot point, easily removable once his job of keeping Will and Sonny apart for a brief time was over.  They're giving Paul some roots by connecting him to John, a smart move if Freddie Smith or Guy Wilson decide to leave. 

Also, and I think this is probably an unpopular opinion, but I think the most successful soap characters are able to work in multiple romantic pairings, not just one.  Because Sonny and Will marrying in their early twenties and never being with another person EVER is not soap.

I agree with you on that..I think Freddie can make any pairing work..He is just that good and charismatic.I have liked him with everybody  except for Sparkle....

I  have to say that Arianna Grace was the MVP on Friday's episode..She is wonderful....I think that she will be a spitfire like her Grandmother Sami...The Udell twins work well with everybody in the cast...

• Love 3

Right now Kate is too busy with Creepy Molester, Chad, and now Stephono, she has a lot on her plate to make room for a side of Sneasel with a dash of Sparkle. I heard it fucks with your digestive system really bad. Gives you the runs for about a month.

This reminds me that a better use of Will's time would be trying to find out who was behind Sonny's stabbing instead of just blindly accepting the SPD's explanation that it was a random mugging.

It would make sense for Lucas to be involved because Kate is sleeping with Clyde and Adrienne and Justin could get involved because of Victor. Adrienne could end up being grateful to Will for exposing Vic and catching Clyde and that could lead to a thaw between the two of them.

I've thought about it, and Will and Ari being targets of Clydesicle could make for some good TV. Ari getting hurt or kidnapped because of Will sticking his nose in could pave the way for a reunion between Will and Sonny.

It sounds like Zoe is going to be featured a lot this summer, so there has to be another story for Will in the works. Throw in a hot co-investigative reporter, henchman, cop or emergency room doctor for him while Sonny is with Paul and I'm on board.

• Love 4

I wonder how Sonny is going to react when he finds out that Sparkle went to his house and met his daughter...He might not be too happy about that...I want Kate and Sparkle to clash..I think they would be good as adversaries...

Probably the same way he'll feel when he finds out his mother knows about the cheating because she found Will in Paul's hotel room.

• Love 1
Also, and I think this is probably an unpopular opinion, but I think the most successful soap characters are able to work in multiple romantic pairings, not just one.

I agree.  The problem with Days is it does not let couples be happy at all, breaks them up before they really get a chance to be a couple, and sticks them in repetitive SLs.  Sonny and Will had the same SL with Nick and Gabi three different times.  The writers also did a really lousy job with developing the Will cheats on Sonny with Paul who happens to be Sonny's ex unknown to Will.  This should have been a soapy, I can't believe this is happening, I can't wait for the reveal, the show was great today, what will happen tomorrow SL.  Instead it's been a WTH, how could the writers do such a horrible job.  It was all plot points, and no character layers.  It is nice that Sonny (FS) has gotten to do more, and that there are so many fans commenting on the SL.

• Love 4