Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

It just doesn't seem like Melanie would be adequately prepared for life with someone like Brady. Just because of her age it would be 1000 times worse if he broke her heart, plus Dan and Maggie would always be adding their two cents. I had the same problem with EJ and Abigail last year. Abigail is too naive and someone like EJ would have to curb his natural instincts to be with her, to the detriment of the character. Just look at Victor and Maggie-Victor is a shadow of his former self, although with Clyde he is getting his balls back slowly.

When they brought Melanie back with a card-counting secret, I thought we were getting old Melanie back, the Premier Party Girl grifter-type. If that were the case, I'd disagree that she wasn't prepared for someone like Brady. However, we're getting the white-washed Melanie, all baby talk and toothy grins, so yeah....Brady and his issues are way more than Melanie should be able to handle. Being a friend to an addict with a hero complex is way different than being his romantic partner.

• Love 5

I'm totally confused about Chad and Jordan. Wasn't he supposed to be manipulating her (for a reason that has eluded me)? But today he did look sad at the doorstep when Rafe and Jordan kissed for a second. Is his end game Abigal or not? Aargh. 

This isn't the first time Jennifer's just strode up to some people having coffee to say, "well, I'm surprised to see YOU two together." -- who does that? 

Have Rory and T met? They should be friends. 

• Love 4

Brady is forever a dumbass, when he asked Theresa, "Was that guy bothering her? Is she ok?" Did it look like she was pulling away from Clint? If the guy was bothering her, would she allow him to kiss her? Is Brady this damn stupid? When does Theresa not let it be known that someone is bothering her or telling someone off or to get away from her?

• Love 6

What if Sparkle's daddy is Dark Roast Dan?  What if Dr. Dan, in his surfing days, rode the wave with Mama Sparkle and Lo, Unto Show, A Pain in the Ass was Born.  This would stuff the show with yet one more offspring of Maggie's egg baby, give her another reason to weep at the drop of a hat, give Dan someone he could teach not to bathe, and reduce Mel to even more sputtering.

Yep, I nominate Dr. Dan the Man as Sparkle's baby daddy.

That would certainly explain the teeth.  

• Love 3

This isn't the first time Jennifer's just strode up to some people having coffee to say, "well, I'm surprised to see YOU two together." -- who does that?

A deviant.

I'm totally confused about Chad and Jordan. Wasn't he supposed to be manipulating her (for a reason that has eluded me)? But today he did look sad at the doorstep when Rafe and Jordan kissed for a second. Is his end game Abigal or not? Aargh.

I'm sure Chad will chase after Abifail once Jordan is gone. No one on this show is allowed to have any self respect.

• Love 5

I don't know who is being written more pathetic, Theresa sleeping with a complete stranger ,or Nicole begging one to be with her knowing that he's not over someone else. She's not being able to move on. SMH.

• Love 2

I thought the judgment from Jennifer was really weird. I wasn't sure if she was responding to the age difference or what. If so, look out Jennifer when you see JJ with Eve!!!!!!!

• Love 3

Yeah, Brady is that stupid.

I'll second this.

The criteria for beauty changes, but some traits are timeless.  Elizabeth Taylor and Vivian Leigh were gorgeous.  They had great bone structure, stunning coloring, luminesce skin.  Theresa comes much closer to that standard than the boring twit ever will.  Jordan is also more attractive than Slappy.  It's to bad the writers couldn't be bothered with giving her something to do earlier.  Chad and Jordan or Chad and Theresa would be way better pairings.

I wish Sami had never cheated.  I would like her to return to Salem, console Sonny, and tell Will she knows she screwed up his childhood, but she's sad to see Will doing the same thing to his life.  Then Sami could tell Will year from now he'll realize just what a great husband Sonny is when he no longer has Sonny, and when he's been through several relationships that aren't great.  In my universe, Sonny will never forgive Will, and will divorce him ASAP.

• Love 9

Something KM reminds me of Kristen Alderson, whose face I really can't stand. Although I'm not actually sure if they actually look that much alike. Maybe it's the smug that's similar? I do think KM is prettier though.

Ben seems to look better when he has some scruff and isn't on the show.

I wish Clint wasn't that icky looking, although I can't really say that his acting seems especially bad. His face just looks kind of smooshy or something.

Jordan is quite pretty off the show. She's pretty on the show too, but the show seems to downplay her looks. In real life she seems much more glamorous looking. Although her hair must be amazing to withstand what the show does to these actress' hair.

Jen Lilley appears to be prettier off the show too, although even on the show you can tell she's naturally good-looking.

Nicole could be a model for any number of high-end agencies in real life, and comes close to matching Charlize Theron, but somehow the show manages to make her look like a weedwacker passed through her head.

Jennifer might be an annoying shrew, but I will always be impressed with Melissa Reeve's figure. 

Kate might be a complete sociopath, but I will always be impressed with LK's figure and her face! I assume she must tweak her face to look like that at 60, but she must be putting a lot of exercise effort into her body! When she was standing next to KM, you couldn't really tell there was an age difference between the two body-wise. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

I can't stand Bollie, but Chad criticizing him for accepting support from a corrupt father--just like he did--with not even a hint of self awareness, is just too much to take. NuChad is bordering on dead-to-me with his interest in Gagby anyway.

• Love 4

I see that Days was  preempted for an hour-long infomercial for a sleep aid.  Oh wait, noooo, that WAS the show.  Couldda fooled me.  Other than the Theresa scenes, it was one long dull slug of a show today.  

Theresa's new guy is less creepy close up and the actor seems to have some talent.  His coloring, though, with that haircut gives him a bit too much of a cadaver look.  Appearing to be physically dead, though, is certainly better than the constant brain death on display with Brady.  Him and Giggles McSquirmy, discussing that they are GOING TO START DATING once again, for what, the 34th time? - well, that sure made for compelling drama.  Speaking of drama, what exactly was the big deal Jenn was making because the two of them were having coffee together?  They're friends, basically relations in a way, so why is she acting like she just caught JJ having sex with Eve?  OOPS!!  That's going to happen, and when it does, Jenn will burst out of her skin just like the swollen bag of hot air she is.

How sweet that she still feels she can barge in to Dan's place, dressed like a flying monkey on a job interview, and bat those crazy eyes of hers while asking him to help her son.  She is such an example of maternal devotion, isn't she?  I'm not so sure she knows jack shit about appropriate boundaries, but then again, Dirty Dan doesn't seem to mind.   The man is so stupid.  And Jenn is so rabid.  They are actually a perfect couple.

Do you think that Paige has a hand stamp she puts on the women she's cleared of sleeping with JJ?  She must have some way to keep track.  I don't know why she bothers to wander around looking for the culprit.  She should just set up a table in the school lounge and question everyone like it's a crime scene.  

I did enjoy her conversation with Theresa, getting her wires crossed about who they were talking about.  That was a fun piece of writing.  TOB, though, doesn't seem to be able to have fun with anything at all.

Poor Chad!  It looks like he's going to have to eat those flowers he brought for Jordan all by himself.  Too bad, so sad.  

Show needs to PICK UP THE PACE.

Edited by boes
  • Love 7

Jordan is quite pretty off the show. She's pretty on the show too, but the show seems to downplay her looks.

Jordan's looks have to be downplayed so we remember that Abifail is the most beautiful person on the show. Chad and Rafe should get a humanitarian award for taking pity on that ugly scarecrow Jordan and having sex with her. EJ should have gotten an Emmy for pretending that hideous Sami was attractive and ignoring her atrocious thighs.

• Love 5

Chad looked strangely like a little boy when he saw Rafe and Jordan kiss.

I have no doubt Jordan will turn Rafe down, but that probably won't stop Chad from turning into a psycho (going by the show's previous repetitive writing). 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2
  • Who's Your Daddy?
  • I'm Stalking My Ex
  • I Think I'm Heart-Broken, But I'm Just A Psycho
  • I'm A Cheating Douche and/or Secretly Pregnant

Does the show even HAVE a fifth plotline ever? Oh, maybe Stefano Wants Marlena; Half of Town Tries to Kill and/or Arrest Him, Other Half Blows Up?

• Love 5

Does the show even HAVE a fifth plotline ever?

• The Trials And Tribulations of Dannifer
  • The Secret Life Of The American Journalist
  • These Hoes Ain't Loyal
  • Animals Masquerading As Humans
  • Rape
  • Criminals Getting Away With Crimes Because The Brady Police Department Is Incompetent 
  • Old People Pretending To Be Action Heroes 
  • The Ever-Changing Parentage Of Jawn Black
  • Lying Is The Most Fun A Girl/Boy Can Have Without Taking Their Clothes Off
Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 9

Such a meh episode.

Did Days get a recent infusion of cash? So many new sets. Why the downgrade to the DiMera and Kirikias sets? I like the college campus set. It has the appropriate collegiate feel to. 

The Paige/Theresa conversations was a straight up Three's Company sketch. I can't believe Paige left school to run over to the hospital to see if Theresa was the one who slept with JJ. 

I want to box Brady's ears. None of his damn business what Theresa is up to and with who. Why would he even walk up and ask if she was ok? She was voluntarily kissing a guy. It wasn't like he had her in a vise grip and was shaking her and forcing her to kiss him.

When was the last time Hope and Aiden were on?

It actually pains me to say that Jennifer looked really good this episode in the black and white dress. 

Other than that I really can't remember too much that happened this episode.  Oh yeah, Rafe kissed Grimace. 

I am really gonna need the show to start get where they are going with Chad because he is starting to bore me. He came in on such a promising note and promptly feel into an abyss of blah after EJ's death.  

• Love 1

Chad irritates me because even if Jordan rebuffs Rafe, am I really supposed to believe that he has grown to love Tamiflu? We have yet to see NuChad be vulnerable, so I don't get where the drive to make Jordan's life a misery will come from. Maybe it will be a matter of Pride? Anyway, can we just fast-forward to the part where he gets with Grabbigail?

When Chad first came on, I thought his story was going to be about breaking up Ben and Abby to get Abby back and then him dumping her like a hot potato as revenge for sleeping with EJ. However, he would end up falling in love with her again for real just as she finds out about his scheming. Kind of like those cheap romcoms where the guy dates the girl for a bet and falls for her anyway.

Edited by 271queenie
  • Love 1

We have yet to see NuChad be vulnerable, so I don't get where the drive to make Jordan's life a misery will come from. Maybe it will be a matter of Pride? Anyway, can we just fast-forward to the part where he gets with Grabbigail?

And then skip it?

• Love 4

Yeah, Chad is getting boring. Maybe they should put him in some bendy love scenes with someone like Ben and Abigail get so that we can remember why we liked him on his first day. 

And then skip it?

Soap Trope 101 and Days being basic as hell, I know that Chad and Abby are gonna happen but that still isn't stopping me from raging against the machine. I'd love it if Chad's purpose was just to make Abby's life hell just for shits and giggles but this already has the makings of playing out the opposite way that I would like. I'd prefer Chad go after Melanie, even though I find her Strawberry Shortcake like ways ridiculous, I'd take it over Abby's special brand of smug. I thought Mel and Chad had great chemistry in their limited scenes together. 

• Love 3
  • Rape
  • Criminals Getting Away With Crimes Because The Brady Police Department Is Incompetent 

Hee. Excellent work, LP! Although I think of the Trials and Tribulations (or Tribblizations? There are so damned many of them, and they spill over everywhere!) of Dannifer as less of a plotline and more of a crippling burden on my soul.

I'd prefer Chad go after Melanie, even though I find her Strawberry Shortcake like ways ridiculous, I'd take it over Abby's special brand of smug. I thought Mel and Chad had great chemistry in their limited scenes together. 

Me, too, islandgal; me, tooooo!

Chad will be yet another character that gets wasted on this show.

I'm still waiting for the scene where Sami admits to Lucas that reconciling with EJ was just a trick Sami/Kate came up with to help them deal with Stefano, and they arranged to have EJ killed.  Stefano and Kristen are next on their list.  Since the Salem PD is completely incompetent, Sami and Kate should use it to their advantage.

• Love 4

BOllie was such a hothead today, I'm glad Chadsworth is pressing charges. Plastic BOllie has been a bad employee, always being mouthy and having a bad attitude-he deserves it. I can't believe I'm agreeing with Jawn, but even if Chad provoked Ben, he didn't have to take the bait. I approve of Jawn's first act at the SPD and Rafe needs to have a seat because he isn't even on the force.

Brady and Melanie are so annoying. I expected Dan to have an issue with Brady dating Melanie for longer than one segment, but eh. Regarding the age difference, I guess Dark Roast forgot about Chelsea.

With Brady going on and on about never hurting Melanie, I guess it's a forthcoming attraction. Knowing this show, they will manufacture faux-angst about Theresa and the baby so Brady won't actually get his hands dirty. Something along the lines of Sami/Austin/Carrie when SAMI was pregnant with Will.

Also, meh to Dan confiding in Naggie that he has let Melanie down. These people had plenty of time to discuss this particular issue in 2010/2011. No need to waste airtime on this ish again. I agree with Naggie about Brady not dating anyone for at least a year. That is part of the 12-step program for a reason.

I have a feeling this Cole character is playing Lima Bean to get back at JJ, but Lima Bean is thirsty so she will take the bait. JJ is so annoying still wanting to protect Lima Bean. I love you JJ, but you lost that right the moment you slept with her mother. And they can just stop with the 'sexual tension' between JJ and Eve-my retinas are burning. I'm guessing them having sex will be ongoing until they get caught.

Anne was so right about this skeevy guy JT just slept with. Theresa is right about Clint being no better than Brady in terms of the druggie thing, but he is just shady and it seems like he was talking to Kritter on the phone. If only JT had gotten lucky with Victor's henchman instead.

My greatest wish for this show is that the bad girls (in this case, Theresa) would get a chance to move on with new guys that are nice, but edgy. This show only wants to set it up so they have to be rescued by the same self-righteous asses (Brady) that dumped them in the first place, and then they don't even get to get the guy in the end (because he will choose Melanie).

Edited by 271queenie
  • Love 4

I'm so glad Chad is FINALLY pressing charges against that violent worthless nasty raggedy dumb plastic piece of trash. I hope he melts while he's in his jail cell. 

JJ should want that stale Lima Bean to move on with Cole so she'll stop harassing him.

• Love 6

JJ & Eve are pigs. JJ is showing more of that Deveraux/Horton traits that makes that family just flat out unbearable to look at. First with the whole blame others for my actions and now putting his hands on people. IDK that much about Clint but all he was doing was talking to Lima Bean and JJ goes all batshit crazy. If he actually sits his ass down and think and he sees he's the cause of all what's going on by being mute about fucking Eve. Then calls Eve and pretty much demands that she handles Clint and prevents her from leaving cause he wants to fuck her some more.

Then we have BOllie who can't keep his damn hands to himself. BOllie likes to use his fists because he can never fight with his words because he doesn't know any outside of cat, dog, & boat, cause other words that have more than 1 syllable is just taxing on his brain. He just sits at the table looking all stupid and even more dumb when he's placed in handcuffs. That's what he gets.

It's just funny watching the Salem Geriatric Department arrest anyone.

WTF was up with that talk about lay offs and T having nothing to worry about, making it sound like T would get fired first over BOllie when T has more seniority over BOllie. I'm so glad Chad purposely provoked that and risked an ass whooping to get BOllie placed in jail. He's going to make Grimace and Jar Jar hurt mostly thanks to Grimace for lip locking with Rafe.

Rafe was just stupid with his reasons for kissing Grimace.

Yes Toothy, let's make fun of the steps to sobriety with that he should get time off for good behavior just so Dumbass Brady can hook up with you. Nothing like putting your needs over something that should be followed and hasn't even been that long since Brady was chug a lugging alcohol and snorting that nose candy like there was no tomorrow. Toothy doesn't think about that, it's all about what she wants and needs. Being with her I'm pretty sure it won't be long before Brady takes to the bottle again. 

People may think that Anne is a bitch, but she has pretty good intuition about people. That Mutilated looking Muppet named Clint does look like a control freak and possible woman beater with the way he was talking to Anne. I was having high hopes that there was going to be some Anne vs Clint type thing going on but know it's not going to happen since he's working for Doctor Fright and keeping an eye on Theresa.

Boy the fashion faux pas were all over the place. Jar Jar looking like Barney's wet dream in all that damn purple and Naggie looking like an aging leprechaun in that get up she had on.

• Love 2

Unbelievable how many people want to excuse Ben's violence.  Ben is responsible for Ben's actions; not Chad or anyone else.  He could have just as easily laughed at Chad, or told him to fuck off, or made fun of his hair.  He didn't have to jump over the bar swinging.  For the first time in a long time, John actually had something intelligent to say when he pointed out that simple truth to Rafe.  Why is Ben????

Cole is quite cute.  I hope he stick's around, but I'd rather see him with someone other than Paige.  Maybe if the character was recast (and NOT with Kristen Alderson) I'd like Paige again.  True O'Brien just isn't very good.  Plus, and this is very shallow, when she's onscreen all I can focus on is her tiny little nose and the shape her eyebrows make whenever she makes an expression.  

• Love 5

Also from the fact that BOllie did this in front of customers. The number of things BOllie has done, if I was a customer, I wouldn't even bother showing up anymore. If Sonny wants to look for a reason as to why TBD may not have anymore customers just look at BOllie and his disgusting behavior. No customer should feel safe with him around.

• Love 4

Has True O'Brien darkened her hair and/or gotten extensions?  Her hair looks longer and darker.

I'm really liking Cole now.  The actor, Riley Bodenstab, really did well today.  I'd like to see him stick around especially if they make him into a good guy.  I just hope he doesn't try to rape Paige and JJ has to save her.

NBC decided that it was of extreme importance to interrupt Days on the West Coast today for Tom Brady's press conference.  Really?  And NBC isn't even carrying the Super Bowl.

• Love 1

It's interesting Ben has displayed a violent temper, just like his father Clyde did.  If Abby isn't careful, she might end up in an abusive relationship with Ben down the road.  Already she is making excuses for him, so it does look like this might be a direction the show might go in with Abby and Ben.

• Love 2
  • The Trials And Tribulations of Dannifer
  • The Secret Life Of The American Journalist
  • These Hoes Ain't Loyal
  • Animals Masquerading As Humans
  • Rape
  • The Ever-Changing Parentage Of Jawn Black
  • Lying Is The Most Fun A Girl/Boy Can Have Without Taking Their Clothes Off
Rape. And Old People Pretending To Be Action Heroes are their most used stories.

Brady is dumber that shit but looked pretty good this week. What a waste. His stupidass giggling discussing with Strawberry Shortcake are so completely childish and corny it was obviously recycled Dannifer dialogue. Toothy needs to stop mugging so much. She always making stupid ridiculous faces I haven't seen anything like it since Jim Carrey in The Mask.

I thought that Clint guy Theresa's banging was a drug pusher for hillbilly Kiddie Rapist and that's why he looks like scumbag trash. Is he not?

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 2

I have one request.  When JJ and Eve go at it again, they HAVE to do the deed upstairs in Jenn's bedroom, and Eve HAS to put all of Jenn's undergarments on the bed first.  And that includes her garter belts and hernia girdle.  And support hose.  Just toss them all over the bed.  Then they have to bring in all of Abigail's My Little Pony dollies and her bears and make them watch.  OH!  And they also MUST line Jenn's collection of doll heads at the top of the bed.  They needn't use any of her dominatrix accessories, though.  Those are too sacred to the love Jenn shared with Dark Roast Dan.    I don't think I'm being unreasonable.  It would certainly add a certain something to the mood.....

I.  JUST DON'T.  understand.  WHY.  Dan has to.  ENUNCIATE.  his sentences.  as if he.  thinks.  IT.  makes it all so.  MUCH MORE DRAMATIC.  And those deep breaths he takes between his awkward pauses are a bit much too.  When he was scolding Brady he sounded like he was going to break into a song and dance.  Maybe he has these quirks because he's such a great AK-TOR.  Yeah,,,,,sure......

So I sorta nodded off during those DRAMATIC scenes with Mel and Dan, and then Dan and Brady, and THEN Maggie and Mel, AND FINALLY Maggie and Dan going on and on and ON about those two knuckleheads dating.  What's the problem?  Is Dan opposed to cross-species dating?  Does he think Orcs and Hobbits really can't get along?  It can't be because he's afraid any child of Brady and Mel's would be dumb - that's a given, no matter who they mate with.  It's just that a child produced by those two would, of course, be in the Dumb Book of Records just by being born.  

Or is he worried about where those two could safely date?  Because if that's the case, then Dan should just book them a suite at Chucky Cheese.  A bouncy house is about as much as either could handle.  I wouldn't even trust them with miniature golf.  Or, Maggie could set them up with coloring books in the Kiriakis living room........Kids do the darndest things!

Ollie will be out of jail before you know it.  In fact, is it even legal to put action figures in jail?   All they need to do to disarm him is remove his batteries.  Besides, Abigail would still have her OTHER toy that runs on batteries - very similar to the one Jenn has in her bedside table......

Clap if you're thrilled to see that Paige's frown really WAS a smile turned upside down!  Now that she has someone else to feel sorry for, someone to feel better than, JJ can kiss off.  Or kiss Eve.  It was great to see her face light up with joy because this doofus showed her how to use an app.   I don't know how Stanford manages to stay open without a brain of her magnitude.    Somehow, someway, this girl really is a Horton.

Theresa's usual survival skills are definitely off right now.   Ann could clearly see that Shaved Head is trouble, something Theresa would usually be able to read in a heartbeat.  I'm sure that Show is setting this up so Brady can swoop in and be the hero.   Wouldn't it be great if just ONCE, Show would allow one of the Salem females - who are generally MUCH smarter than the guys - to solve their own problem, with no input from the peanut-brained gallery?

Edited by boes
  • Love 9

Catching up on the last few days - not feeling Brady & Melanie - they are better off as friends - they have no spark at all.   I'd rather Melanie hook back up with Chad - she had more chemistry with him.

Loved the Nicole/Serena fight - I was actually rooting for Nicole - still not really liking Serena & her "you're stalking me" attitude - she & Eric can go back to Africa anytime.

Am tired of sad sack JJ - just embrace the fact that you're hot for Paige's mom & not Paige - actually I wish they'd both realize they are hot for each other (even if it is a little creepy) - Jen's head will explode when she finds out & that I would love to see!

I actually feel for Chad - I do think his intention was to use Jordan when he first starting seeing her but I feel that changed pretty quickly once he actually spent a lot of time with her & am glad Chad is pressing charges against BOllie - who definitely needs to get his rage under control - it is amazing how everyone sweeps his anger issues under the rug - he deserves to go to jail - he didn't have to hit Chad - he could have laughed & walked away.

As for Sonny & Will - I do love Sonny & want to see him happy - be interesting to see what happens when he finds out about Will & Paul & the fact that Paul is Sonny's former boyfriend

Am loving Theresa but wish they would actually find a nice guy for her - had a feeling Clint wasn't all he's cracked up to be - I'm assuming he works for the doctor but it could be Kristin

• Love 7
I.  JUST DON'T.  understand.  WHY.  Dan has to.  ENUNCIATE.  his sentences.  as if he.  thinks.  IT.  makes it all so.  MUCH MORE DRAMATIC.  And those deep breaths he takes between his awkward pauses are a bit much too.  When he was scolding Brady he sounded like he was going to break into a song and dance.  

That might be an improvement.

• Love 2

This was another ho-hummer. Theresa's new dude Clint looks like a mole. I'm talking the animal, not the skin growth or the spy, although that applies. Funny that even Theresa and Anne realize that he ain't really good looking. LOL!

Brady is dumber that shit but looked pretty good this week. What a waste. 

He has been looking pretty good hasn't he. He is noticeably less blond, in fact, I think we can now categorize him as a brunette now. It looks great. 

I can't with Brady and Mel and not even because of the age difference or their friend vibe. I am against it mainly because the last thing Brady needs is another love interest. He has so much story on the way with Theresa, Kristin and snatched fetus. Why add another body to this clusterfuck? Why!?!? This is just wasted air time that could have been spent developing the story he already has and setting up for what is to come or at the very least give some airtime to further developing other under utilized talented people on the payroll like Lucas and Kayla. Jeez!! 

This show needs to either bring back or recast Phillip K. There needs to be a young Kiriakis heir on the show to take up the mantle for Victor and willing to represent the more unseemly and illegal aspects of the Kiriakis empire. We have got a new young DiMera in Chad. Clyde who seems to be the new big bad on the scene has a Polyurethane thing I guess you can call a son. Victor stands alone and has no one to pass the crown to. No one Kiriakis related or adjacent on canvas right now seems right or up to the task. 

Seeing Victor the alleged multi-millionaire, or maybe even billionaire, who owns & runs a multi-national conglomerate corp being so invested in the opening night profits generated by one single nightclub is kinda dumb.  That money probably couldn't even fuel his jet.

Plus, and this is very shallow, when she's onscreen all I can focus on is her tiny little nose and the shape her eyebrows make whenever she makes an expression.

Bwahh. Much has been said about Abby's large head but I remain mesmerized by Paige's dome and face. She has such teeny tiny features (small eyes, nose and mouth) on such a large canvas. Those small features on that large face and head are akin to a postage stamp on an acre of land.  I'm hypnotized by it.

• Love 5

Brady does look good but the stench of stupid is so strong with that one that everything behind him looks wavy... like when you look at a hot desert highway. I fully expect to see mirages in the haze of Brady's stupid-stink.

Cole has potential although I kept looking at him yesterday and thinking 'wash your hair, dude.' But I'm guessing he's going to turn evil for the sake of JJ playing hero to Paige or something whatever... who cares? Paige appears to have something of a white knight complex herself. She seems drawn to boys who have been up to no good and are trying to turn themselves around. And the thing is... JJ is not some misunderstood boy here anymore. He's willingly fucked her mom twice and grabbed her into another wild kiss today. I'm with Princess Consuela he needs to accept the fact that he's hot for Eve and not Paige and just deal with it because getting all up in Cole's face and punching yesterday... what a bunch of horseshit. I was totally on Paige's side when she kept shoving him away and telling him her life and her choices weren't his concern anymore.

Really, they stopped being his concern when he jumped on her Mom. And the fact is, Eve and JJ have way more chemistry than JJ and Paige ever did. It's not like I'm going 'Yeah, Eve/JJ have a real thing going!' Not even close but their scenes have a lot more energy to them than anything between Paige and JJ. But this show... yeah... anyway...

• Love 6

Marlena is so sure that Nicole would do anything to come between Eric and Serena. It would work better for me if Nicole didn't give Serena and what she's doing the time of day. Is Eric just turning up the sexy with Serena because he's scared she will get tired of waiting? Eric shouldn't pressure himself if he's not ready and if Serena can't wait she's not worth it.

I have no doubt that Serena is shady, but I don't think Ted is being entirely truthful. As many of us have been saying since the beginning of this story arc, this whole thing is going to blow up in Nicole's face.

Why does Serena care so much about what Nicole has done in the past? Nicole wasn't even with Eric when she kidnapped Sydney and framed Jennifer, so I don't understand why Serena gets to have an opinion about it like she was there. I'm glad Daniel and Serena came to an agreement about not discussing Nicole and that Nicole said it was fine for Daniel to like Serena, but that she wasn't going to change her mind.

Ugh to JJ kissing on Eve. Jennifer is not going to let this go-I don't think I can take months of this.

Paige is boring no matter who she is paired with and I don't care about Shark Teeth and My Cop Voice (Aiden and Hope).

Highlight was Victor's shoutout to Celeste when Kate said she got an unsettling vibe last night. The more I see of these two together, the more I believe he is wasted on Maggie. Maggie just ages Victor and the character is not there yet. I'm so glad Kate and Victor will be forever tied through Phillip. I wish Phillip was the heir apparent of the Kiriakis Empire and not Dumbass Brady.

Edited by 271queenie
  • Love 5

Marlena is so sure that Nicole would do anything to come between Eric and Serena. It would work better for me if Nicole didn't give Serena and what she's doing the time of day. Is Eric just turning up the sexy with Serena because he's scared she will get tired of waiting? Eric shouldn't pressure himself if he's not ready and if Serena can't wait she's not worth it.

I have no doubt that Serena is shady, but I don't think Ted is being entirely truthful. As many of us have been saying since the beginning of this story arc, this whole thing is going to blow up in Nicole's face.

Why does Serena care so much about what Nicole has done in the past? Nicole wasn't even with Eric when she kidnapped Sydney and framed Jennifer, so I don't understand why Serena gets to have an opinion about it like she was there. I'm glad Daniel and Serena came to an agreement about not discussing Nicole and that Nicole said it was fine for Daniel to like Serena, but that she wasn't going to change her mind.

I disagree. Serena may be up to something, but she's worth it.  ;)

As for why Serena would care about what Nicole has done in the past, I guess if Nicole hadn't broken into her room and researched her maybe Serena wouldn't be doing the same. She gets to form an opinion.

• Love 4

Right now, I'm finding both Chad and Ben kind of pointless. Ben needs to cool his temper, but I really don't think Chad should be wasting his time with Ben either. The dude his plastic - stick him out in the sun and let him melt. 

JJ might be attracted to Eve, but he also still seems to care considerably for Paige, so I'm finding this storyline perplexing. As attractive as Eve might be, I also don't know if 18 year old guys are really into 50 year olds. Sure, I could see a guy saying he'd like someone similar to that 50 year old in his age range, but all of the 18 year olds I knew as a teenager were fairly shallow (or maybe just acting their age?)  so suspending what I've seen of 18 year old males in my youth is kind of hard (at that age  some of them seemed to think 30 was ancient). Maybe if JJ were 25, when you see some guys exhibiting more diverse interests in women and are less prejudiced against age, this storyline would make more sense to me. 

That said, I do think JJ and Eve have some kind of weird chemistry going on, but knowing that this could not really happen  in real life to people on the spectrum of normal to somewhat normal might be affecting my perception of the storyline. Maybe I've seen this sort of thing happen on 20/20 or Dateline, but usually the guy and the older lady are a bit oddly deviant in some way. I know JJ and Eve are weird by real-life standards, but on Days they'd be considered normal (like, compared to Stephano or EJ Dimera), so that's where I'm having a hard time computing the realism of the whole thing.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 8