Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I don't know why Eve wants Paige and JJ apart so f'ing desperately. She acts as though Paige's very life depends on it. It's absurd. JJ ain't that bad.

I don't know why Jen wants JJ and Paige together. She's not as melodramatic about them as Eve is but still... Paige ain't that great.

There are many other things about this story I don't really buy.

The one thing that works (for the most part) are the scenes between Eve and JJ. Sometimes all it takes is good chemistry and the actors selling the hell out of it.

1) They are physically attracted to each other.

2) The naughtiness of who each of them is banging turns them both on (I'm sorry but it SO does).

3) The fact that they hate each other is another turn-on for them (you know it's true).

Eve and JJ are selfish, emotionally immature and screwed up individuals who put their immediate gratification ahead of permanent consequences. It's way more disturbing in Eve than in JJ given Eve's advanced age, but since I really don't care about Eve's personal growth, I can enjoy the scenes.

JJ and Eve: it's not that deep and I don't need it to be.

All that said- this week's episodes featuring this storyline have been dull as all heck. Even the JJ/Eve scenes. They heed to bang again or the truth needs to come out because this stuff in between is putting me to sleep.

• Love 5

Oy, boring show today.  Does anybody but Tan and maybe Maggie remotely care if Melanie and Brady get it on.  Well, Theresa might.  But still.  Get over yourselves.

I thought perhaps Daniel might be weirded out by his friend dating his daughter, but I'm not really sure if Daniel really has an opinion about his daughter's sex life. 

I don't know why Eve wants Paige and JJ apart so f'ing desperately. She acts as though Paige's very life depends on it. It's absurd. JJ ain't that bad.

I know, right? It's not like JJ is Dylan McKay.  I thought maybe Eve was afraid Paige might wind up having sex with JJ or something, but I don't think that has crossed her mind at all.

Edited by bantering

Damn Jar Jar, how many times does she need to be bashed over the head or a bullet put in her head, I'm hoping for the latter in order to get it. How many times does she need to hear about Grimace being victimized by Rapey? She's so self-centered.

That's Abby for you. It is all about Abigail. If it didn't happen to her, then it should easily be gotten over and forgotten. Best believe if Clyde had wronged her ass, no one would hear the end of it and he would be the devil incarnate until his and her dying day. She keeps acting like both Ollie and Grimace have been telling her that Clyde punished them by not letting them watch tv for a week, cut their allowance in half or sent them to bed without supper. This wasn't some Brady Bunch style discipline. Ollie and Tammy got Joe Jackson style ass whoopings. They have both said repeatedly and clearly that he beat and abused them and their mom. In fact, she knows they ran away from home and changed their damn identities to get away from him. They basically did a hillybilly version of witness relocation and changed their names and everything. People don't do that shit for shits and giggles. So the fact that she is so smiley and preens under Clyde's compliments knowing all this really bugs. 

I am a little sketchy on this whole donation thing and some of it just isn't making sense. I don't fault Grimace's well placed hatred of Clyde but does she really think that she could've or the organization should reject a large donation just because she has an issue with the donor? What would have happened if this wasn't anonymous and Clyde outright told her and she knew he wanted to make a donation? Could she or does she have the authority to say no? 

JJ does not believe what he is saying, he isn't saying things to Paige because it's the way he feels, it's all in order to make her leave him alone.

The truth shall set him free! Although I cringe to think of Paige being even more dour, teary and angry than she is now. 

Paige acts like she was JJ's wife of 20 years by demanding a name. Their so-called relationship was so on again, off again that I wouldn't be surprised if it all amounted to them only having dated for 3 months or so.  Being cheated on is bad enough but why humiliate yourself by trying to browbeat a name of the other party out of your ex? Isn't it enough to know he cheated? Isn't it enough to know that he is a randy asshole? Why not see this as a dodged bullet. I know this is storyline dictated but I hate how sad & pathetic Paige continues to look. 

• Love 10

I am a little sketchy on this whole donation thing and some of it just isn't making sense. I don't fault Grimace's well placed hatred of Clyde but does she really think that she could've or the organization should reject a large donation just because she has an issue with the donor? What would have happened if this wasn't anonymous and Clyde outright told her and she knew he wanted to make a donation? Could she or does she have the authority to say no?

She probably knows how Clyde earns his money.

God, Jennifer suddenly throwing out a "did you use protection?" - please, no JJ/Eve baby, Show?

Ben gets to just walk out on his job without telling anybody he's going, huh?

• Love 3

I'll be honest -- I don't get what the heck is going on in this Tami-Flu storyline. Was today supposed to be an episode devoted to making us feel bad for Clyde??? Somebody explain what is going on! Was Clyde lying? I didn't get what he was talking about when he seemed to be implying that Jordan wanted him for  herself?

I did like Ben for a split-second when he was all "What the hell is wrong with you?" to Abigail. Finally, somebody is as confused as the rest of us when it comes to her...

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

Paige acts like she was JJ's wife of 20 years by demanding a name. Their so-called relationship was so on again, off again that I wouldn't be surprised if it all amounted to them only having dated for 3 months or so.  Being cheated on is bad enough but why humiliate yourself by trying to browbeat a name of the other party out of your ex? Isn't it enough to know he cheated? Isn't it enough to know that he is a randy asshole? Why not see this as a dodged bullet. I know this is storyline dictated but I hate how sad & pathetic Paige continues to look. 

My first real love relationship ended when we both went to college... we tried the long distance thing, he started messing around almost immediately and then confessed as he broke up with me over the phone saying it wasn't working and I definitely wanted the details. It was a masochistic move and he only gave me partial information which was for the best, really. It's a no win situation... you want to know because you think what you're imagining just makes it worse but it doesn't really help knowing names and dates and locations. But I was young and it was my first relationship that involved love and sex and all of that. It ended badly (we were off and on again for a couple of years even after that before I finally got sick of the whole thing) but I look back and see it as the price of an education more than anything else. Sometimes, you do humiliating stupid things when you're in the throes of high emotional stakes. I was always grateful that we were far apart so I couldn't do anything truly humiliating like drive past his house all the time or something. Instead, my roommate and dormmates got to experience me feeling sorry for myself way too much but we also found ways to put it aside and have fun all the same. I haven't seen any indication that Paige even knows how to have fun though... she might be well and truly screwed here.

The thing that I find rather frustrating is that Paige seems to have this idea that if she knows who JJ slept with she'll be able to put the blame solely on that person and she and JJ can make it work or something... I'm not even sure. In this case, not knowing who JJ slept with is definitely better than knowing. And the fact that they haven't been together all that long and in that scant amount of time they have been off and on and off and on again... my investment just flat out isn't there at this point, and I actually really liked them at the beginning.

I suppose it's too much for JJ to go 'WE WERE ON A BREAK!!' when it all comes out, though.

• Love 6

I can buy Paige acting like this because of her youth. It's when every other lady on this show over the age of 23 acts like this that I'm a bit perplexed. Jennifer acts like Paige with Daniel and she, I believe is nearing 50.

• Love 4

To me, it looks like Paige is just trying to understand what the hell happened. You're in love one minute and broken up the next -- I'd want to press for clarity, too, although I don't think I would have had the nerve myself at that age.  

I never thought I'd say this, but this Clyde/Jordan reveal has me on the edge of my seat. And Chrishelle was finally asked to do more than stand around grimacing, so that was also a plus.

@Lastwaltz, that's what I interpreted Paige to be doing, too.  But once more, she gets hounded for every reason everyone can think of.  I'd be wanting to at least understand why my boyfriend suddenly broke up with me for seemingly no reason at all, as well.  Why, just four years ago, my boyfriend at the time was getting very close with me.  We were happy together, and he admitted to me that he was starting to fall in love with me.  But then, on my brother's birthday, he broke up with me at a seemingly random time.  VIA TEXT MESSAGE.  Well, I wound up waiting three years before he reached out to me again, during which time I kept wondering why he'd broken my heart so severely and so suddenly without giving me a reason why.  I wondered if it was my fault.  But he finally said that it wasn't.  He'd had a lot of shit go down in his life and needed to get it together before he could be ready for a relationship again.  Only then did I finally get closure.

Whew.  Sorry to go on a tangent with that anecdote, but the point is, I get why Paige was hounding J.J.  You don't just break up with your significant other without giving him or her a reason.  You just don't.

As for the Clyde/Jordan reveal . . . I'm weirdly willing to believe Clyde's version of the events, especially since Jordan's coming off incredibly weak in her defense of herself.

That's my theory too.  I remember Father Louis telling Aiden that Chase has impulse control issues.  Also months ago Aiden talked to Marlena about her taking on a patient.  I think he was talking about Chase.  If Chase fired the gun that killed his mother it would explain a lot of the way Aiden has been acting.

If that's the reason, then I believe that Chase would just get off, anyway, depending on his age at the time.  If he was six or younger, then he's pretty much safe from the law.  It's if he was seven or older that Aiden would have to worry about him being in trouble.

• Love 2

I can buy Paige acting like this because of her youth. It's when every other lady on this show over the age of 23 acts like this that I'm a bit perplexed. Jennifer acts like Paige with Daniel and she, I believe is nearing 50.

This is so freakin' true and why it's so hard to take her seriously.  Have a little dignity.

I think I'm also having a problem with JJ/Eve's sleeping together because of the huge age difference between them--I felt the same way with EJ and Abby.--while I'm loving the Sonny/Paul/Will storyline/  All three men are age contemporaries and it feels like they are all on an even playing field.

• Love 3

I have so many issues with Paige that I barely know where to start, but first and foremost she is just way too dull. I can see JJ can be fun and at least smile, but Paige? Has she ever laughed? Is she capable of smiling?

Several times.  But once again, see my previous about going after her for everything about her.

• Love 2

I think Paige is a little boring, but I think that has more to do with the actress rather than the writing for the character. The actress seems...inexperienced?

I thought she did show a certain spark when she was confronting the doctor about the lie Eve put him up to telling, though. 

When everything is revealed, I'm sure I'll feel bad for Paige, no matter how bland she might seem. Maybe the blandness is deliberate so that we can understand how JJ could fall into bed with his girlfriend's  53 year old mother? (I wouldn't emphasize the age in another context -- i.e Kate and Boy Toy X - but since Eve is a mother, I feel both in combination with each other make the scenario more unlikely. The whole momma and girlfriend part is clearly where it all gets kind of odd. Maybe the show could have had Eve sleep with JJ when Paige and JJ were apart, like when Roman slept with Nicole and both Brady and Eric were nowhere to be seen?)

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

I wasn't so uncomfortable with the age gap with guppy faced Abs and EJ since I put her at 23 and even assuming EJ is as old as 40 that's 17 years.  And she pursued him nonstop and JJ is doing nothing like that.  JJ is 18 and Suddenly Southern and Judgey are what, 48?  So that's almost twice the age gap of Ejabby. 

Desperate Page needs to be hit by a bus while following JJ.  Early on I was hoping they'd just run off together and have sex (gasp!) and ditch their awful mothers but it's too late for that now. There's nothing likeable about her other than feeling sorry for the emotional abuse Eve is heaping on her.  A big gap in the story is why Eve didn't  just make her stay in CA with Auntie Patsy to separate and start her life in Stanford.  Oh, because All About Eve has to make it all about Eve and keep her under control?  I think Eve would have freaked over ANY boyfriend  but the fact that he is a Deveraux..

Anything has to make her happier than this.  But I imagine Lima Bean would strongly frown at any beer party ever. 

• Love 3

Several times.  But once again, see my previous about going after her for everything about her.

I guess I must have blocked out those times.  ;) I get what you're saying about needing to know why and with whom, but I don't like how Paige is seemingly putting all the blame on the female.

• Love 4

@Lastwaltz, that's what I interpreted Paige to be doing, too.  But once more, she gets hounded for every reason everyone can think of.  I'd be wanting to at least understand why my boyfriend suddenly broke up with me for seemingly no reason at all, as well.  Why, just four years ago, my boyfriend at the time was getting very close with me.  We were happy together, and he admitted to me that he was starting to fall in love with me.  But then, on my brother's birthday, he broke up with me at a seemingly random time.  VIA TEXT MESSAGE.  Well, I wound up waiting three years before he reached out to me again, during which time I kept wondering why he'd broken my heart so severely and so suddenly without giving me a reason why.  I wondered if it was my fault.  But he finally said that it wasn't.  He'd had a lot of shit go down in his life and needed to get it together before he could be ready for a relationship again.  Only then did I finally get closure.

Whew.  Sorry to go on a tangent with that anecdote, but the point is, I get why Paige was hounding J.J.  You don't just break up with your significant other without giving him or her a reason.  You just don't.

As for the Clyde/Jordan reveal . . . I'm weirdly willing to believe Clyde's version of the events, especially since Jordan's coming off incredibly weak in her defense of herself.

If that's the reason, then I believe that Chase would just get off, anyway, depending on his age at the time.  If he was six or younger, then he's pretty much safe from the law.  It's if he was seven or older that Aiden would have to worry about him being in trouble.

My college boyfriend and I broke up 6 times in 3 years, and each and every time he broke up with me. I know, go figure. Why did he keep coming back and why did I keep taking him back? Ah youth! Anyway, I understand that need to know, the excuse for why we broke up the last time (and it wasn't totally the last time) was because we met and fell in love too young. What???  I did get the satisfaction of telling him years later, after he was already married (to his FIRST wife), that I was getting married.

So I definitely can understand the need to know, but I'm still more troubled that Paige seems to be putting the onus for the ONS on the female and not on JJ and that will never sit well with me.

• Love 5

I'm surprised plastic mannequin found his plastic balls long enough to tell Abifail to back off. That freak is probably the most clueless and self absorbed person in all of Salem. 

Wow! That's ... wow. That is quite a high bar to clear!

• Love 2

Why JJ doesn't run screaming incoherently through Horton Square is beyond me.   This poor guy is surrounded by more creepy nutcases than Rosemary was in Rosemary's Baby.  And they're all just as unwholesome.  So he tells Jenn, who is currently dressed in her Miss Polly Pureheart, Queen of the Malt Shop drag that he bagged another girl while Paige as in California.  Immediately Jenn gets that gleam in her eye, starts to salivate, and demands details - because she "wants to help".  Nice euphemism, that, "wanting to help".  There isn't enough disinfectant in the world to clean the ick off of THAT statement.  I was waiting for her to tell JJ that he shouldn't worry, that Abigail tells her the details of her sex life ALL THE TIME.  Why, he'd be surprised to know that Abigail told her that while EJ won in the length department, Chad was ahead in girth, while the jury was still out on Ollie, and maybe he'd like to know that his father....then THANK GOD NAGGIE SHOWED UP!  I never saw anyone grab a jacket so fast as he did to escape that house of horrors and thank God he did.  Considering the lack of appropriate boundaries in that family, Jenn would have been asking Maggie's input next, and Maggie would been describing how she makes Victor satisfy her Joan Collins shoulder pad fetish while Jenn explained the pleasure she got from pretending she was deceased when she had relations with Dark Roast Dan.  Though to be fair, that might actually be the best way to get through it.....

It's a cult, I swear.  They're going to make JJ eat some tannis root and he's going to come to consciousness with all the Hortons, naked, surrounding him and chanting Alice's muffin recipe.  

I guess Show doesn't think it's bad enough that he's had inexplicable rage sex with his girlfriend's mom - he also has to be badgered by his mother to share inappropriate details of his own sex life.  ICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!

Oh!  And now Jenn is going to ask Dark Roast to dig out the details for her.  Funny, the last time I remember her talking to Dan about her kids was when she told him to stay away from them both.  But when a girl needs dirt to dish at the next book club meeting, I guess all bets are off.

Meanwhile, her loathesome slimeball of a daughter is busy whining to her blowup doll of a boyfriend that Jordan should understand her hayseed of a stepdad is TRYING TO CHANGE.  So nice of Abigail to be so understanding of Clyde, isn't it?  And surprising, too, considering that Slappy Abby hasn't extended that same understanding to anyone else.  She's insulted, said they'd never change and then slapped Chloe, Nicole, Eve, EJ, Sami, Chad - and those are just the ones I remember in the past few years.  Granted, none of them were giving her money, and Clyde is.  Truth be told, it's much less about forgiveness and moving on with her than it is utter boredom on her part when it's not all about her.  It was sweet to see the look of incomprehension, and then irritation when she finally figured out that Ollie actually told her she was an idiot.  But that never lasts with Abigail.  And besides, it wasn't too long before she got Chad to tell her how great she was while also insulting Ollie, and that put a smile back on her face.  She's a great girlfriend, isn't she?  She didn't bother to correct Chad when he said Ollie was a fool for not appreciating her since it might have stopped him from uttering the "you're amazing" part of his speech.  

Jenn should be so proud.  She's a great mom - a real Magda Goebbels or Ma Barker.  They don't make 'em like her!  And somehow, Jack is supposed to be the bad parent??

Dark Roast Dan was a-struttin' and a'hoppin' and a'hitchin' his pants while arching his eyes when and after he called Brady about the bike like either he knew something, or was really needing to change his underwear.  Everytime Show tries to make Dan look smart or mysterious, he just ends up looking like a guy with an itch he can't scratch.  And about the bike....Brady has to borrow one, he can't afford his own?  And that's without even CONSIDERING how unsanitary it would be to sit his behind down on the same seat as Dirty Dan.  ICK and EWW and get out the handi-wipes.

Do you all think Mel puts her spit guard on all the time, or just before a date?  The woman gurgles or spews or gargles everytime she wants to indicate emotion.  It must get pretty wet talking to her.  That mouth - all those teeth, looks like an elephant's graveyard.

OH OH!!  Maggie saw them kiss!!  YIPES!  What will those Krazy Kids do?  How will Grandma react?  Is it all gonna be so adorable tomorrow that they're gonna wanna spit!  Oh, wait, Mel does that anyway.

I hope Maggie sits them both down and makes them describe in intimate detail all the things they intend to do to each other.  Because you know she wants to.

Suddenly Clyde doesn't seem half as creepy as he did, not after a day with Jenn and Maggie.

Edited by boes
  • Love 15

It's a cult, I swear.  They're going to make JJ eat some tannis root and he's going to come to consciousness with all the Hortons, naked, surrounding him and chanting Alice's muffin recipe. 

"Hey, this doughnut has kind of a chalky under-taste..."
  • Love 3

I'm surprised plastic mannequin found his plastic balls long enough to tell Abifail to back off. That freak is probably the most clueless and self absorbed person in all of Salem.

Wow! That's ... wow. That is quite a high bar to clear!

At least the other narcissists in Salem have some self awareness sometimes. Abifail seems completely incapable of understanding or exhibiting normal human behavior.

• Love 4

JJ and Theresa are being wasted in their SLs.  CM and JL can actually act, and have potential, but the writers keep sand bagging them.

When Jordan exits stage left, Clyde, Bollie, Jen, Dan, Slappy, Mel, Naggie, Roman, Marlena, and Yawn need to go with them.

The cheating SLs irritate me because they either don't have interesting build up, the person being cheated on gets blamed for what the cheaters did, or the fall out doesn't deliver.  It's going to be disappointing if any of these play out the way Sami's exit did.  Kate/Sami were entertaining, and the writers had the perfect set up for Sami's departure.  Then instead of following through, and having Sami destroy EJ's life after eight years of EJ ruining Sami's, the writers wimped out.

I still believe if Kate and Sami had killed EJ, Stefano, and Kristen, no one in Salem would have cared, and the entire Salem PD would have been working over time to cover it up.

• Love 2

Oh gawd, I winced when I saw the glint of something in Chad's eyes when he found out that there were problems in plastic town with Ben and Abby. I wish Chad would just let Abby wallow in feeling awful, because that is what she is. Giving her compliments and telling her what an awesome person she is who isn't being properly appreciated by people is like both feeding and watering Gizmo the Mogwai after midnight and making a million gremlins. Stop creating a frigging monster! She really did perk right up after that too. It is like compliments are food, water and air to her. She lives and feeds off them. 

I am sure I will have many that disagree with me but I have now found something even more stomach churning and disgusting than Ollie/Abby sex scenes; Clye/Kate makeout and sex scenes. I feel like I can at least snark on Ollie/Abby, with Kate and Clyde there is just disgust. I actually recoiled from the screen when as soon as the door closed after Ben left, Kate rushed into his arms and kissed him. Blech! 

This whole Clyde/Jordan/Ben thing is just mind numbingly stupid. I just can't believe this is valid blackmail material. That Jordan is allowing herself to be blackmailed on such a dumb premise is mind boggling. Firstly, premeditated murder via vehicle accident while the alleged murderer is also in the car seems pretty damn stupid, unless, the person was also intending to kill themselves. Second, how can anyone prove something like that? Assuming that Clyde is telling the truth about Jordan driving the mom to the doctor, wouldn't be surprised to find out that Jordan was driving her to get an abortion and Clyde himself or one of his minions ran them off the road.

The other thing about this that is ridiculous is look at what Clyde is leveraging this so-called truth bomb to gain - a relationship with plastic speed racer Ollie. Talk about a waste of time of effort. Just go to Toys R' Us or better yet the Dollar Tree and buy a slightly irregular ken doll. 

She probably knows how Clyde earns his money.

This brings up an interesting point. I admit to not fully paying attention during the whole Ollie Clampett wants to college and get an edjumaction storyline. Understatement of the year - I think I lost weight in my right thumb from all the FFing I was doing during this time. But I digress, was it ever a point of contention that Ollie or Tammy didn't want the money because it was dirty drug money?  

What the hell was with Melanie's cell phone? Brady messages her not long after she goes into the back to I assume shower and enter into a time warp to change into her 90s garb (seriously that belt was str8 out of Contempo Casuals circa '94), which I think take at the very least 30 minutes. Hell Brady has time to fetch the bike from wherever, pack it into the car, drive to Danielle's, store the bike in the garage and come upstairs and damn if Mel's cell phone isn't still on and displaying that message. 

• Love 4

I honestly can barely pay attention to any of these boring stories because I'm busy trying to figure out what hell is going on with everyone's hair. KdP, MR, and MB have cuts that I honestly cant figure out what is going on. Even CM, it looks lime his hair is at least threee different colors of dye.

• Love 3

I love it when one of the characters escapes from 'Soap' world into the real world for a moment. Usually it is Rory, who is the only one of the younger set who acts even remotely like a real-world person who is just out of high school. Yesterday it was JJ, when he called out Jen for how weird it is for a son to discuss his sex life with his mom. And Jen trying to act like it is normal - she's just asking him if he used protection, she just wants to help. Um, whut?

Normally I agree with the prevailing opinion about True O'Brien and her acting, but yesterday I couldn't help but feel for Paige when she cried that she didn't know how to make it stop hurting. Even all these years later, I remember that deep, visceral grief at losing those early loves - like your whole world had shattered and would *never* be put back together again. Of course, the solution to 'make it stop' was so often to get back together with someone you never should have been with in the first place! I hope Paige finds out the truth and moves on permanently from JJ. While I like him as a character and an actor, no one should be attached to him right now given the things he is doing. He is a really screwed up kid right now!

• Love 5

Are the writers truly not able to recognize when their characters act in ways that are a) out of character, like Kate's pursuit of Pa Clampett; b) not really how people behave in the world, like Dan's career, or the way no one ever points out Grabbigail's selfishness, and instead invents reasons to find her wonderful; or c) just plain creepy, such as Jenn's investment in her son's sex life?

Are we being trolled, or are these writers just driven to extremes, no matter how ridiculous the "drama" then becomes?

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 5

Normally I agree with the prevailing opinion about True O'Brien and her acting, but yesterday I couldn't help but feel for Paige when she cried that she didn't know how to make it stop hurting. Even all these years later, I remember that deep, visceral grief at losing those early loves - like your whole world had shattered and would *never* be put back together again. Of course, the solution to 'make it stop' was so often to get back together with someone you never should have been with in the first place! I hope Paige finds out the truth and moves on permanently from JJ. While I like him as a character and an actor, no one should be attached to him right now given the things he is doing. He is a really screwed up kid right now!

It's clear she is struggling on camera, but to me there is a difference between what is clearly inexperience, and actively sucking. She is too green to bring depth to a character that the writers haven't given way, and too green to bring nuance to a story that makes no sense.

When I see folks like James Reed and Kassie dePaiva actively struggling on camera, I give folks like True O'Brien a pass.

On the other hand, Molly Burnett, Kate Mansi, Plastic Boy, and Guy Wilson actively suck. They also have bad writing to contend with, but I see them actively making acting choices that are just strange, inappropriate, and just bad.,

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 6

JJ and Theresa are being wasted in their SLs.  CM and JL can actually act, and have potential, but the writers keep sand bagging them.

I've been thinking that this whole business might make a little sense if they'd had JJ cheat with Theresa instead of Eve. A few scenes showing Theresa and Paige getting closer, Eve enlisting Theresa to break them up, and then BAM! Things go haywire and sex happens. Conflicts everywhere!  Between Theresa and Eve, Paige and Theresa, Paige and Eve for creating the circumstances, and between everyone and JJ. Sure, it wouldn't have the same level of awfulness as banging your kid's boyfriend, but it's certainly more forgivable on all sides and, given Theresa and JJ's history, makes more sense.

I am sure I will have many that disagree with me but I have now found something even more stomach churning and disgusting than Ollie/Abby sex scenes; Clye/Kate makeout and sex scenes. I feel like I can at least snark on Ollie/Abby, with Kate and Clyde there is just disgust. I actually recoiled from the screen when as soon as the door closed after Ben left, Kate rushed into his arms and kissed him. Blech! 

This whole Clyde/Jordan/Ben thing is just mind numbingly stupid. I just can't believe this is valid blackmail material. That Jordan is allowing herself to be blackmailed on such a dumb premise is mind boggling. Firstly, premeditated murder via vehicle accident while the alleged murderer is also in the car seems pretty damn stupid, unless, the person was also intending to kill themselves. Second, how can anyone prove something like that? Assuming that Clyde is telling the truth about Jordan driving the mom to the doctor, wouldn't be surprised to find out that Jordan was driving her to get an abortion and Clyde himself or one of his minions ran them off the road.

Kate and Clyde are just gross. There's nothing appealing about them together and it's enough to make me go back to hating Kate. I used to hate her, then I loved to hate her, then I loved her. Now? I'm just confused.

Clyde is sticking around after Jordan leaves, right? We've had to forgive a lot of rapiness on this show, but even they have to realize that a character cannot come back from raping a child.Why do I fear that they're going to turn this into a teen-aged Jordan goes nuts and "seduces" Clyde, then cries rape. Please, Show, just don't go there. 

• Love 7

Holy crap, but I was literally laughing outloud at today's episode.  From Theresa's absolute boredom at Rafe's talking incessantly to Dr. Tan still looking dirty even while showering, it was a golden day in Salem :)

I loved Sneasel's trying to act all professional with his journalistic integrity intact while talking with Paul.  Will, honey once you've had sex with a man who is your interview subject, your objectivity is left on the floor with your clothes. It's frightening that Will is such an idiot.

There is no way in hell that Theresa would have been in that club with that dress on looking that gorgeous, and not have men left and right drooling into her cleavage.  There's just no way.

Serena is continuing to work the crazy eyes and she's also showing how techno savvy she is by talking about apps and tweeting.  Please stop.

• Love 5

Serena is continuing to work the crazy eyes and she's also showing how techno savvy she is by talking about apps and tweeting.  Please stop.

That could have been a little shout out to Melissa Archer and her techno geeky self. As for her eyes, I still don't see it. When Nicole gets angry she doesn't blink either. Most of them don't.

Edited by sometimesfan
  • Love 2

As for her eyes, I still don't see it. When Nicole gets angry she doesn't blink either.

And that would work if Serena was angry, but even in normal conversations, she seems to be trying to hypnotize people with her unblinking stare.  I think it's rather unnerving.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 4

And that would work if Serena was angry, but even in normal conversations, she seems to be trying to hypnotize people with her unblinking stare.  I think it's rather unnerving.

I don't know. I saw her blinking plenty of times today.

• Love 1

I loved Sneasel's trying to act all professional with his journalistic integrity intact while talking with Paul.  Will, honey, once you've had sex with a man who is your interview subject, your objectivity is left on the floor with your clothes.

Or on the dresser with your payment, amiright? (They make it too easy.)

• Love 7

I could have lived without seeing Dan and Nicole in the shower. Abby and EJ have put me off shower sex for life. On one hand, I hope Nicole kicks Serena's ass, on the other hand, I know both Eric and Dan are going to take Serena's side and berate her if she does.

I had a feeling Maggie would be against Brady and Melanie. More star-crossed lover propping for the pairing from this show.

I wouldn't mind Rafe and Theresa, especially if there is no hope of Brady and Theresa reconciling over the baby. Plus, Rafe loves taking ownership of other men's kids! It is a bit weird that Rafe was married to Theresa's cousin, but with the show wanting to turn Theresa into a 'latter day Samantha', it makes sense that they would want GG to return to his former leading man role.

Lucas and Adrienne were kinda cute. I see that Lucas is aware of Paul Narita, but I'm glad Adrienne didn't cop to knowing him.

Willass gets points for moving his meeting away from Paul's hotel room just because I'm sick of seeing TMZ Bellhop, but as kitmerlot pointed out, the damage has been. Will telling Paul about the man that helped him come out really took me back to old school WilSon. Will is going regret taking Sonny for granted.

I loved Will telling Paul: 'there are haters in here'. Paul doesn't realize it, but Sonny was right: the only person who has a problem with Paul coming out is Paul. I never believed for a second that Paul just needed to be free of baseball to be out and proud. Whenever I watch Paul, I always wonder if he is being real and today he seemed very off with Will. Was he disappointed that there would really be no more sex or was he irritated that he was not on his own turf?

I knew Victor's new club would put TBD out of business. I liked seeing T today, but it made me wonder about his and BOllie's jobs. I guess Victor would have wanted Sonny to be the one to put Chad out of business as part of his and Kate's plan. The money problems are getting bigger and I think Sonny did the wrong thing turning Victor down. Maybe it's time to ask Kate, Victor, Marlena, Lucas and Adrienne for help? I don't know if Will is even going to end up getting paid for this hatchet job at the end of the day.

• Love 3

I don't know. I saw her blinking plenty of times today.

Not to belabor the point (Too late :):)), but I think Serena stares at people a beat too long to be considered normal eye contact for a conversation, and I don't see any warmth in her gaze just blue ice.  When Nicole is looking at someone she cares for--like Eric--her eyes are very warm and actually kind but if she's in an argument with someone, her expression becomes colder.  Serena's eyes seem cold all the time--even when she smiles, I'm not getting any warmth from them.  YMMV :)

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 5

Not to belabor the point (Too late :):)), but I think Serena stares at people a beat too long to be considered normal eye contact for a conversation, and I don't see any warmth in her gaze just blue ice.  When Nicole is looking at someone she cares for--like Eric--her eyes are very warm and actually kind but if she's in an argument with someone, her expression becomes colder.  Serena's eyes seem cold all the time--even when she smiles, I'm not getting any warmth from them.  YMMV :)

I guess we'll have to leave it as disagreement then. ;)

I'll just add though that if Serena is only showing blue ice, then Melissa must be a better actress than I thought since she's always had such lovely expressive eyes. ;)

Edited by sometimesfan
  • Love 2

LMAO Theresa couldn't look more bored talking to Rafe. I do find it odd that Rafe and Theresa never ran into each other, also she never ran into Chad which is also just stupid. Everyone in town bad mouths Theresa and Rafe and her never seen each other since they were in Salem. Salem isn't that damn big of a town. Yea that Clint guy resembles Brady somewhat.

That shower is the same shower that EJ had sex with Jar Jar on. Wow, those that are in charge of creating sets, really were lazy, couldn't change it up a little bit unless you count the rack that held Dark Roast's hygiene products (like Dark Roast ever uses any of them, I bet they're all expired). Of course earlier in the show my eyes were tortured by having to look at Dark Roast with an open shirt. *shudder*

Oh Anne, if going to a club, she could at least dump the wrap dress and put on something else. Her rubbing all up on Rafe was funny and her doing the running man out of the club was funny. The club looks lame anyway.

Nicole looked like a damn rooster with that hairstyle.

Sneasel couldn't look guilty if you paid him, oh wait GW is getting paid for this. I'm sorry I wouldn't pay him a damn thing because his guilty face equates to having gas or sour lemons in his mouth.

How the fuck is Sparkle Narita's story confidential when Lucas, Kate, and now Adrienne knows? Did Sneasel tell them with the exception of Adrienne? He would have to since it's suppose to be confidential, I know Zoe didn't go around blabbing so it had to be Sneasel. Professional my ass he crossed that line the minute he stripped down and had sex with Sparkles. What tickles me is how Lucas and Kate know but Sneasel doesn't tell his own husband about who he's writing about. It makes no sense to me, but I guess we wouldn't have a story now would we.

Sparkles is such a liar, he's coming out because of what Sonny said not because he rolled around in Sneasel's ass. I realize you guys didn't need that mental picture but hey I'm just telling it like it is.

Lucas had it so right, Salem is not a hot spot, I wouldn't even go there unless it was to take Sonny & T away with me.

I wish Toothy would stop trying to act like she's in a SNL sketch or she's a descendant of Lucille Ball or something. It just doesn't work.

It was nice seeing T again, so cute, surprised Sonny didn't let him off to go to the club. Seems like his type of scene, but BOllie always gets to leave whenever he feels like it and slob all over his malignant girlfriend.

• Love 4

So with TBD quieter than a cemetary, is it definite that Victor's club is in the same area? Some people are saying that Sonny should have expected a downturn with his own club that was supposed to open, but since that was in East or West Salem it should not have been a direct competitor. I wonder if they will get rid of TBD completely or if it will go back to being Common Grounds.

• Love 1

Clyde owns a trucking company.  I'm not sure if his little hayseeds know he also runs drugs.

Theresa and Ann's friendship is just perfect.  It's one of my favorite things about this show.  Also, Theresa and Rafe are verrrrrry pretty together and he's definitely a step up from Brady.

Molly Burnett's child-like mannerisms make if very difficult to see her as a sexual being.  Why aren't they directing her to act like a like a grown-ass woman?

• Love 7

Could someone tell me why on God's green earth when there are PLENTY of cable news channels the local networks have to break into scheduled programming to air the president and the UK prime minister's press conference?

Now I'll have to go find Days on youtube to catch today's show...don't tell me what happened! ;)

• Love 3

Rafe looked good today, but poor Theresa wasn't interested. She'd much rather make eyes at random weirdos loitering in the square? Girl.... sigh.

I like Eric with Serena.

Maggie is so put out by Brady and Melanie smooching, I thought she was going to faint. I don't find Melanie and Brady very interesting as a couple, but I think they'd be good for each other in a boring kind of way. They were friends first. They have respect for each other. That's a decent foundation for romance. Chill, Maggie.

I like Daniel and Nicole until they kiss, touch or have sex. That's not odd -is it?

Are Nicole and Serena really going to throw down in those dresses? Please let them be wearing undies ok?

• Love 7

Paul doesn't realize it, but Sonny was right: the only person who has a problem with Paul coming out is Paul. I never believed for a second that Paul just needed to be free of baseball to be out and proud.

I actually thought taking Paul in a self-hating direction was a lazy and cliché choice on the show's part.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

Clint is way too creepy.

This.  I'm thinking Theresa will regret this.

God, Serena is a horrible witch.  She deserves having drinks tossed in her face, not just spilled on her back (though her dress was pretty).

Why is Nicole still wearing that emu jacket?

• Love 4

Clint is way too creepy.

I got that feeling too. She'd do better with Rafe, me thinks.

Edit to add:  I wish I didn't know that Nicole and Daniel are a couple in real life, otherwise I might be able to enjoy them as a couple. But knowing, just makes it all seem icky, especially today's shower scene.

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 3

Yeah, I'm finding it a little weird to watch Dan and Nicole, but I don't know if that's because they're a couple, or because Dan's chest looks dirty, or both.

For me it's definitely both. I don't remember feeling this way when Doug and Julie were falling in love, but then again I don't remember any shower scenes. UGH!

• Love 2